< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

3,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
twilight saga i say it way way better then harry potter heart

Hikari Souai's Kouhai

Unbeatable Senshi

Harry Potter is definitely better, the reason??

It actually has a plotline.

I hated Twilight though.....I got completely sick of Bella's rants and everything. Edward this, Edward that.............the whole time, that's all the book had, ALL!!!!

And Stephenie Meyer is a @$%^$#^#%$@$ for sending a book like that out to the world.

Oh, yeah, the Inheritance Cycle, Artemis Fowl and Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel rule too!!!
The thing that most disappoints me about the "Twilight Saga" (haha, saga my a**) is that everything is so static. The characters never change, there are no subplots, and there is basically nothing for the fans to ponder or wonder about. The plot can be seen coming a mile away (with the exception of most of 'Breaking Dawn'. Wait, what exception?). The only reasons I read the series were 1)because Edward and Bella's conversations cracked me up, ditto Alice; 2)to see what everyone was on about.

Look at the sheer amounts of fanfiction. Want to know why there's so much more about Harry Potter? Because its world and characters are everything Twilight isn't. There's development. There's mystery. Humor, pain, a bit of romance, character growth. And there are so many little threads to pick out and explore. You can imagine a pranking escapade for the Weasley twins. You can come up with infinite pairings (not all of them good, but still! so many possibilities!). Fans have come up with tales of the Malfoys' family life, even. The villains are as well fleshed out as the heroes. Whose side are you on? Cool. Tell me why. True, there are the flakier fans who like characters based on the actor/actress's "hotness," but there are many more who give deep thought to their alliances and imaginary scenarios.

There is nothing deep about Twilight. It's candy. In the end it'll rot your imagination's teeth.
And for those who have said that Meyer's "reinvention" of the vampire myth shows originality, whereas Rowling's adherence to research means she is unimaginative?
Bull.

There are arguments for both ways of writing. But in the end it comes down to whether you're good at what you've chosen to do.
Tweaking is fine. Reinvention, okay. But it's all down to the author's skills in the end, and frankly...Meyer is a letdown. You can poke her plotline once and it collapses in predictability, despite the sprinkles of what tried to be original.
Research can do wonders for a story. However if you're using a myth as backbone, nerves and pretty near everything else- with little to nothing of your own around it- that is a failure. Rowling, happily, does not do that. Her books contain creatures and names that have roots in ancient mythology, but these are used as spice on what is in the end her own carefully planned and well-realized tale.
I hate TWILIGHT
Harry Potter for me is better
i actually love hary potter more than twilight
Volke the BlackWind
Count Of Monte Cristo.........bitches I:B

but no seriously it's better than twilight... i mean it's a story concentrated around the main Antagonist Edmund Dantes and his desire to see his elaborate revenge plan come to fruition...for him being sent to prison for something he didn't even do.....supposedly.
mrgreen ninja

[******** YES!

6,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
Wow, a huge response to this! YAY!

Anyways, I read most of the entries and so far HP is winning by a landslide.

Huh, I would have expected more legit arguments for Twilight somewhere in here...alas I am disappointed.

I have read both series and both of the last books were not up to par.

Still, Deathly Hallows followed the storyline, whereas Breaking Dawn seemed to be written only to tie up the saga and earn Meyer crap loads of money.
ninja clare
PsychedeIic
HarryPotter FTW.

Twilight RUINED vampires forever.

Vampires do not sparkle in the sun, they burn and go
"AHHHHHHH NOOO THE SUNNNNNN"

Vampires will never be the same.

Dracula frowns upon Edward.

readbram stokers dracula, there is no aversion to the sun, thats come about from lame movie re-tellings

I was just saying in general that the great Dracula frowns upon Edward

Lonely Phantom

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
HARRY POTTER!!!
DAMN YOU TWILIGHT LOVERS!!! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!
i think both are really good so lets stop bashing on both and battle people.

6,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100

6,750 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
Harry Potter all the way. Most of the people I've met have read only twilight anyway.... If anything HP has more of a plot while twilight just rambles on about hot vampires.

I never understood the rivalry between the books tho. Is it because they're both stories that are have been written to appear real? Or the popularity they both recieved?

There isn't competition if you think about it, considering how different the books are.... That's just my take on it tho.

Feral Genius

Sahiah
Harry Potter all the way. Most of the people I've met have read only twilight anyway.... If anything HP has more of a plot while twilight just rambles on about hot vampires.

I never understood the rivalry between the books tho. Is it because they're both stories that are have been written to appear real? Or the popularity they both recieved?

There isn't competition if you think about it, considering how different the books are.... That's just my take on it tho.

its the popularity

My take is that I love Harry Potter. I was brought up on Harry Potter. I can't be all literate like everyone else and give reasons why I like it...I just do.

I do like Twilight. Then again I am a teen girl so that could be part of it. But seriously they ruined the books with the movie. The movie sucked to no end. I'm not even sure I want to see the second one. But I like the reinvention of vampires by Myers. I am an imaginitive person so its pretty cool that she just made something up like that. But there is no backbone to the story. It just hangs on one little humans love for a vampire...Stupid...Yes I like the books...but Harry Potter was way better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff