Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wistful Phantom

User Image Frankie hadn't a moment to tell off Vlad before Claudia went and took her knife away. Frankie just stared at her, lip curled and silent. She may not have said anything, but it was clear that she was [o]really pissed off.

"If image was really important to you, you'd have picked somebody else. And don't ******** touch me right now," she said as she brushed Claudia's and away. "As soon as we get up there, I am going to tell you everything that was wrong with what you just said. The only reason I am not refusing to comply," she added, "is that I have no doubts that you'd just carry me there if I refused to go."

Frankie was clearly very unhappy with this turn of events, but whether it was at being refused a whim or the growing realization that she wasn't actually in control of the situation was anyone's guess.
User Image
❝I N tab Y O U tab A N D tab I tab T H E R E ' S tab A tab N E W tab L A N D❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

So many questions were filling Ayame's mind, it was near impossible to focus on anything else. ”Then it will be best to find him, he maybe able to protect you better than myself.” She nodded in agreement. Hopefully nothing else happens before they find him. But the question was, where was Vlad at? Was he even alive? The thought almost caused her to become hopeless about the situation.

”You are very brave Ms. Ayame… Most of us are wolves in sheep's clothing. Just like that one I killed. We are depraved beasts who won't think twice about taking a life if it means for us to live..I wouldn’t be so trusting of everyone Ms. Ayame… make me a promise to always keep your guard up." Ayame looked up at Enju for a moment. Her words had slightly irritated Ayame. How could she know that if she hadn't met anyone yet? She sighed and let it go, reasoning with herself that Enju was just trying to protect her.

”No need to worry yourself. Once I decide to feed it will heal. It’s been about a month I think. I’ve been stubborn."She gave a soft laugh, once more seeming to try and lighten the situation. Ayame's eyes moved back to Enju's arm. She bit her lip softly, trying to figure out a way to help her. She certainly couldn't feed Enju her blood, because then any intruders in the mansion would smell it....and that would make them sitting ducks. Maybe when they found Vlad, he could spare her a little bit just to hold her over?

”We should find Vlad. If we run into another one of those intruders I won’t be able to protect you properly… If we do I want you to run and leave me behind. They will have a hard time finding you because of what I have done. If I get away I will find you as soon as I can.” Ayame started to open her mouth to protest, but then shut it. What help could she possibly be against a vampire? If anything, she would just get in the way because, Enju would have to focus on trying to protect her if she stuck around. Sighing softly, she looked down to the ground in an almost defeated manner. She felt terrible that she couldn't be of any assistance except for just running away.

"Little drastic, dont you think?" Ayame's breath hitched in her throat, causing her to audibly gasp. Ayame's eyes moved to the location of the voice. It was one of the coven's vampires. She visibly relaxed, with a sigh of relief. "Have you perchance seen Alice or Sterling? Uh, Dupree coven." She assumed that the pink haired girl was Alice, and maybe the one named Sterling was who she was walking with when they were in the gardens. "The girl with the pink hair and the guy with the long silver hair? The last time I saw them, they were out in the gardens.."

Mood ஐﻬ Nervous
Company ஐﻬ Enju and Victoria
Location ஐﻬ Hallway
OOC ஐﻬ --

❝W H E R E tab F E A R S tab A N D tab L I E S tab M E L T tab A W A Y❞
User Image
Claudia xxxx
"Evil is always possible. Being good is eternally difficult."xx
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃xxxx

Claudia rolled her eyes as Frankie when she brushed away her hand “Oh princess the only reason I care is because clearly you do not, and that in its self is the only thing wrong here. And I assure you if I had the option to choose our prince or princess it would have not been a 17 year old who acts as if she is still a child. I take orders from the queen and you were chosen upon her recommendation.” Claudia grabbed Frankie’s arm tightly and gave her a tug. “Now princess get moving because I do not have the time or the patience for your tantrums right at this moment in time.” Claudia looked to Vlad “Come now Vlad the sooner we get this one dealt with the sooner you can get to your own princess.”

Pulling Frankie’s arm she lead them up the stairs and towards the princesses room, she had tried to be nice to this human but Claudia wasn't the type of vampire who liked being disrespected by those lower to her. It didn't matter if it was the princesses to the coven Claudia never agreed with the idea to put their meals in charge. Yet she assumed it was just another way for the Queen to have more control like she always wanted. She wished her coven had someone different but this was what they got and what they had to deal with so they could eat. It was her responsibility to ensure her coven was successful and if that meant talking down to Frankie she would, because it was true she did not have the time. Whatever danger she and all the other vampires were feeling was getting closer and she could not protect anyone if she had to deal with a child.

Dedicated Streaker

10,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
User Image

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± XXAt the very least... humans have aXXX "good taste"XXX ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±

± : . : ± With: Claudia, Frankie - No one
± : . : ± In: Servant halls
± : . : ± OOC:

It was obvious, clear as day that Frankie was not happy. She was rather angry and Vladimir was just relieved that he wouldn't have to deal with her. As much fun as he was sure dealing with a pissed off princess would be. It would not be optimal but he did more than understand Claudia's point of view, it would not be seemly for a princess to wander around with a knife. The vampires were responsible to protect their food as ironic as was, even if that meant giving up their lives. There was no reason for Frankie to even try to protect herself given the circumstances. Brushed away Claudia's hand and spoke what was on her mind. If anything, Frankie was spirited to say the least. "Claudia only desires what's best for thee" Vladimir piped in nonchalantly, foolishly trying to calm down a pissed off princess and backing up Claudia. Probably to avail. Couldn't help but feel a bit bad for the master vampire, for she was stuck with.... that nightmare known as Frankie. A smirk crept over his face as he stifled a chuckle, perhaps he did still had a remnant of a heart. He did quite enjoy what the master vampire told the princess, that would come as a shock. Even dared to flat out insult the princess, not masking it with sarcasm or anything. And then demanded that she get moving. There was something beautiful with that in his mind, much more bold than he could probably ever be with his princess. Found himself a bit jealous as well. "Thank you" Vladimir replied genuinely, he did have to check up on his own princess. Unfortunately, didn't want to starve after all. It would be nice to get rid of this problem as quickly as possible. ".... I hope I don't find her in the cemetery" he finished quietly, talking more to himself. Trailed behind, following silently as they went towards the princess's room. Golden eyes occasionally looking around for any signs of trouble. After a while, he spoke up. Vladimir did have to check up on his princess; worries were starting to eat at him. Frankie wasn't his responsibility... wouldn't affect him if she became a victim of one of the vampire hunters inside. "Do be careful, it would be a tragic shame if anything happened to her" the blood sucker said to Claudia before looking at Frankie for a second, trademark sarcasm dripping from his tongue.

Would be just terrible if anything happened to the monster without fangs otherwise known as Frankie. On that note, Vladimir stopped and turned around before his nerves would get the best of him. Went down the stairs, his senses on full alert. He was rather frantic as his movements became faster and more sporadic while he searched, couldn't conceal it anymore; had to find Ayame. Always a surprise to him that he ever became a master vampire. Couldn't smell human blood which only made him more worried... surely he should be able to easily track her and sense his princess's location. Vladimir knew her scent and with surely with his age he should be able to track down a human, he had many years of experience after all. It was almost as if something was masking her scent though. An aggravated snarl escaped his lips as out of frustration he grabbed a nearby coffee table and recklessly threw it down the hall, loudly shattering a few porcelain vases that were on top of the table. A thousands slings of arrows on the damned soul that put him in this situation! No, no, no, no, no. He had to stop. Emotions would be the death of him someday, had to remain calm and collected. Took a few deep breaths, collected himself for a moment. Wandered the halls, trying his best to sense any humans... almost the same as probably the hunters. Ironic.

XXXXȘervantXXXX XXXXXX XXXXѶladimirXXXX XXXXXX XXXXѶampireXXXX

King Spirit

5,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
User Image
User Image

Enju paused and looked back at Ayame and then she saw and heard a voice. Just as she was about to answer Ayame had already. She just chuckled a bit and shook her head. “Not as drastic as you would think. It’s a way to keep her safe while I’m injured and not able to do much at this moment. “ Enju leaned against the corner of the wall and took a deep breath. “Have you seen Vlad or the grayson coven?” It would be easier to ask now than letting her run off. Enju wanted to get Ayame to stafy before something else happened. Enju let her eyes close for a moment and then they shot open but she didn’t say a word. She just got a cold chill like she was going to maybe be in trouble.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                                                  ╰☆╮
                                                                                  With:Ayame/Victoria
                                                                                  Location: Hall
                                                                                  Mood:Indifferent
                                                                                  OOC: Sorry it’s short i have writers block been a lot of stressful things lately.
                                                                                  ╰☆╮
                                                                                  ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Omnipresent Lunatic

13,775 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
User ImageSedori Sadal, Head Vampire of O'Dowd
The elven ears twitched thoughtfully in response to this question.

"Not in my time...but then, telephones were just becoming available to the public." He actually smiled at her- a tired, pained gesture, but a genuine one at least. "Though I think some of the younger converts might." His eyes closed as his mouth turned downwards again. His head was beginning to hurt. "I'm not sure. I haven't been here in quite some time. There are faces downstairs whom I did not recognize. Any of them might possess such luxuries."

He flinched a little when she offered him the phone, not unlike someone recoiling from a moldy remnant of leftovers long past, but took it, as it would be impolite to do otherwise. He was not so far behind the times that he wasn't aware of television, the internet, and touchscreen technology, but truth be told, the last movie he had seen was a theatrical screening in black and white. The color and fast pace of the tiny game graphics stung his unaccustomed eyes, and he blinked furiously, often glancing up just to give them some brief reprieve.

"Play...?"
His gaze alternated between her and the screen. "This animation is some sort of game then?" In spite of the discomfort it caused him, he could not resist giving it a light tap. One of the little birds launched as it was ordered, crashing into an opposing column. Sedori's eyes widened in surprised amusement when it crumpled into a pile of rubble. It was a strange use of such an advanced device, as a mere hosting platform for a game, when it could be put to so many more practical advantages. But it was a good distraction at least. Somehow, he felt a little less tense, and if it would keep her mind occupied with something other than the present...

"...Yes. That would be très agréable. Yes, please." ( "Very nice" ) He beamed.

Currently: An Attic Bedroom| With Laura| Curious
Out Of Cares to give: ((I apologize again for my suddenly dreadful internet, which keeps freezing up at the worst possible times, or just not working at all for hours on end. I am sorry to read so many of you are ill and/or stressed. Hope things start looking up for everyone soon!))

Divine Kitten

9,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
User Image

Victoria pursed her lips. Just as she thought. Everyone was scattered. She tilted her head to the side."Curious way to go about it. Not something I've seen before." she trailed off, her eyes becoming unfocused, as more flashes of memory came back to her. She had seen the tactic before, but she couldnt remember who, or when, or why. Shaking it away she returned her mind to the present. "No, I cant say I have. I think I saw some O'Dowd members upstairs but thats it. Everybody seems to be very scattered and this is not the time for it..." Without so much as a farewell she moved past them, down the servants hallway.

Thinking to herself, she decided the best course of action, given the scattered-ness of everybody, would be to give up looking for her darling princess and confront the vampire she recognised. Breaking the glass in a nearby window, she slid through it. She didnt feel like finding a door outside and the window was just right there. Once outside, she skirted around the edge of the house until she was at the front. She couldnt see the vampire anymore, but the door was open. A familiar scent lingered in the air, but she didnt know why it was familiar. As her brows furrowed in thought, the woman she was looking for emerged from the entry hall. "My, is that you Victoria? You havent changed at all. How are you doing, my doll?"

x
x
x
x

LocationOutside WithUnknown Assassin

Divine Kitten

9,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
User Image

Cautiously, Laura moved to sit next to him. Not too close for it to be uncomfortable, but close enough that she could point at the screen. "Ok, hit this button....select level one.....Ok you want to slingshot the bird things over there and knock the stuff off....Slide your finger..." she said, patiently walking him through the steps. It boggled her mind that she was sitting next to someone who was around before phones were commonplace. "It's not really a luxury anymore, smart phones are so commonplace now. Virtually everyone has one."

x
x
x
x

LocationAttic WithSedori
User Image

As the other two were speaking, Ayame wandered down the hallway a little more. Unfortunately, she had no clue where they currently were. Off in the distance, a loud crashing sound along with some glass breaking could be heard. She instantly froze. Could it be another intruder? She turned slowly around to Enju, eyes panic stricken. She noticed that the other vampire was no longer there. Did she wander off alone?

They really needed to find another member of one of the covens, or else they stood little chance of surviving. She bit her lip and took in a deep breath, slowly turning back to Enju.
"What was that?" She whispered, almost inaudibly. If it was an intruder, she would have to prepare to run--and as quickly as possible, so she can get help for Enju. But what if she was too late? Her heart wrenched tightly and she breathed yet another deep breath, putting on somewhat of a brave face. She figured if she was going to die, tonight, she was going to put up one hell of a fight.

Mood ஐﻬ Somewhat courageous
Company ஐﻬ Enju
Location ஐﻬ Hallway
OOC ஐﻬ Don't worry about it, darling. I know exactly how you feel. Prime example, right here. ^^^^^

Omnipresent Lunatic

13,775 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Sedori nodded, watching her closely and trying to mimic her. His long, slender fingers adapted well to tasks like this, but it was plain that he had never actually handled a touchscreen from his reaction. "Hmm...yes. I see." In between a level, he tilted his head, watching her, and a faint grin crossed his pale lips. He may not have been able to read her mind, but he might as well have.

"Do you think me old, my Princess?" he asked, amusement ringing in his tone.

That humor faded at the mention of the increasing availability of smartphones. Oh yes, he had seen them. People everywhere on the streets carried them, used them, were buried in them... It pained his heart greatly to see couples and families both young and old, too mesmerized by the tiny screens to pay attention to one another, sitting mere feet or even inches away. It was all very puzzling to him, even now, how this curious little device could warrant more time and attention that a friend or loved one immediately in front of its user.

"Ah, yes. Your generation's beliefs are very different from mine,"
he replied at last. "What you might take for granted, we would have called luxury...if half of it had existed then. Even today, it is still a luxury to many. Africa, Indonesia, Haiti..." He trailed off, staring out across the room in front of them. "I am sure you are aware that their people struggle to collect even the... the basics." Grimacing a little, he gave her a rather helpless glance. His English was adequate, and his accent barely French, but clearly he had much relearning to do. "Though our lifestyle may seem very quaint and stripped down to you, we have all that we require, and then some. Thus, we live in luxury."

Silence fell over them. Well, that was rather glum! Realizing that he had likely made things worse, he dipped his head apologetically before her.

"I am sorry, my Princess. I did not mean to burden your mind with such somber affairs. Shall we change the subject?" His azure eyes had at last started to retain a bit of their mortality, and his pupils were now a much thicker oval, rather than vertical slits.

Currently: An Attic Bedroom| With Laura| Bemused

Wistful Phantom

User Image Frankie went along, silent and... not angry, in the traditional sense. More pissy. She wasn't entirely unfounded in her anger - being told you aren't allowed to carry a weapon when you probably need one would piss off anybody - but considering her nasty personality at the best of times, few would give her the right.

They were part of the way to her room when Frankie finally spoke up. "I have to pee. Where's the bathroom?" She wasn't actually lying, she did have to use the bathroom, but what she wanted most was a place to take a deep breath, compose herself, and figure out the best way to argue with Claudia that could explain exactly why she was so mad about not being allowed a knife when something was clearly up and she might need one. Outside appearances be damned, this was an emergency, after all. And she knew how to use a knife, she hadn't lived in the greatest of neighbourhoods. It wasn't like she was going to go apeshit and start stabbing her servants...

Divine Kitten

9,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
User Image

Laura blushed and immediately shook her head. Yes, she did think him old, ancient even, but she didnt want to offend. She wanted to reply, but her mouth refused to work. She felt very embarrassed. Luckily, the topic moved off that subject, Unluckily, it became more somber. "Yes....I'm aware of the struggles of third world countries..." she murmured. She felt ashamed at suggesting that almost everyone had one, which wasnt true. It was still a luxury. It just didnt seem as such to the privileged few who could afford them. "Um. Yes. I suppose." she said, shaking her head to clear her thoughts. She paused, staring at the window. "Do you think its safe yet?" she whispered.

x
x
x
x

LocationAttic WithSedori

Omnipresent Lunatic

13,775 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Sedori set the phone down between them, his expression intent as he reached for sights beyond his immediate vision.

"Mmm. Safer, mayhap. They're all inside now, I think, but there are fewer of them than there were. Two dead, one immobilized....two to go. Do you wish to return to the lower levels?"

As interesting as the phone was, it simply had nothing on a real person. He'd gaze at her just as anyone else listening patiently in a conversation. It was almost normal behavior...aside from the lack of breathing, which he only did to make noises or speak. Reaching up, he lightly patted her. It felt a little unusual, touching her so often, but he needed to assure her that whatever she chose, it would be okay. After all, he wasn't really being that affectionate, was he?

"Whatever you choose, my Princess, it will be fine. The first priority is your safety, and staying here would be safer, but I do not think these assassins have been very successful thus far. I can't account for any missing presences, save for their own. Obviously the Queen Mother would have done better to hire someone other than a mismatched band of petty thugs!" With a curl of his lip, he made a huffing sound, tossing his head and his long hair dismissively.

"Still, the fact that she sent assassins at all..." He shifted uncomfortably. "I am afraid her reasoning baffles me. This order has lasted a long time, and, while not perfect, has been reasonably successful. Humans are admittedly not well-liked everywhere amongst vampires, but there are many of us who wish to live peacefully, or are at least indifferent. But no matter the beliefs, the instant one of us is revealed, the same panic, riots, and subsequent witch hunts ensue." Long, bony fingers laced together, tapping the edges of their opposing hands. "It would not matter if we threw ourselves on the ground, unarmed, and groveled for peace. We would be burned, beheaded, or staked without further question, or perhaps dragged off to some vile hole for experimentation. It has happened too many times to be otherwise. But with help from a few willing mortals, such as yourself, we do not need to take such risks. And society can continue, unperturbed. In fact, I doubt whether most of them realize we exist." His shoulders slumped. "Hah. We are the figment of fantasies... child's play, are we not? What is the name of that obnoxious author... Her books were everywhere for a while." He fixed her with a rather bemused smirk. "I can assure you that, unless their individual powers dictate as such, vampires, as a rule, do not sparkle."

A small 'hmm' echoed in the back of his throat.

"If this is a grasp for power, it is certainly a desperate one. Coven leaders and entire clans disappearing, now hired blades sent to shed blood, not simply kidnap... what is she hoping to accomplish? She does not have so many faithful followers, I think. Many still cling to these current ways, or those older still. She is making more enemies this way." Another pause ensued. It was better to be straightforward it seemed, at least right now.

"Once this ghastly affair is over, I am afraid I must tend to something important, for the sake of our coven. The man before me, one of our patriarchs, Laizlar O'Dowd, is among those missing. I promised Juno and the Queen Mother that I would do everything in my power to uncover how and why. The other coven members will be at your beckoning call, of course, my Lady, but I fear that, for the sake of everyone and...everything, I may be a bit...preoccupied for the next few days."

Currently: An Attic Bedroom| With Laura| Thoughtful

Dedicated Streaker

10,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
User Image

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± XXAt the very least... humans have aXXX "good taste"XXX ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±

± : . : ± With: Enju, Ayame
± : . : ± In: Halls
± : . : ± OOC: Bleh x_X A bit of writer's block

His head perked up, sensing something... or someone in the distance and they weren't alone either. Something was off with the scent though he couldn't put the fingers on what. It was odd, ears perked up as well... hearing something off in the distance. Footsteps. Couldn't tell who was causing the footsteps but it might not be a good thing. With his wonderful luck it was probably the intruders, the stalkers of the night. "Oh how wonderful! Can't wait to be torn limb from limb" Vladimir replied with cheerful sarcasm before taking out his straight razors, stainless steel glistening as he began to quietly sprint towards he where he barely heard something. Oh... his precious steel friends would drip such pretty rubies. Body hunkered low to the ground as he approached, a sickening curl of the lips. Ah! The unknown! The beautiful delight of fear, it was nice. A low growl started to rumble out of his mouth and only grew louder as he grew nearer his target, fingers tightening around his bladed tools while doing so while his speed increased as well.

Let out a threatening hiss right before lunging recklessly at the first figure he saw, blade in the air and ready to plunge directly into her heart and seconds away from ripping out her throat without a second thought. Only was probably a few inches away from the figure until Vladimir actually looked at the figure, looked at the pink orbs of hers. And then instant regret and shame swallowed his facial features once he recognized who it was. A bit dumbfounded for a moment. Dropped his weapons instantly letting them hit the ground before turning around, still breathing rather heavily. He almost attacked the princess. Vladimir almost hurt her. Couldn't face her right now. Needed a moment to compose himself. Should he apologize, could someone apologize for something like that? It was good to know that she wasn't alone though. There was someone else, albiet Vladimir didn't get a good look at the princess's vampire company. Probably wasn't very fond of his actions either. Shoulders hunched over before speaking up. "Glad you're alright my blood stained princess" he spoke quietly, a faint whisper of sorts. He knew there was something odd about the vampire he sensed, it was a human covered in vampire blood. Smart. Though he wished he would of known before leaping into action against something he couldn't quite tell what it was. A bit ashamed to talk to Ayame right now. "... thank you" Vladimir finished, speaking to Enju. He was glad that the princess had made a friend that hadn't tried to kill her.

XXXXȘervantXXXX XXXXXX XXXXѶladimirXXXX XXXXXX XXXXѶampireXXXX

King Spirit

5,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
User Image
User Image

Enju felt a chill run down her spine as she watched Ayame closely once Victoria left them. ”Ms.Ayame please be careful… I don’t have a good feeling.” She went to move closer to Ayame but paused and her good arm reached out to the wall to steady herself. Closing her eyes for a moment she tried to focus but all her senses were off. ”Damn it… I have become useless…” Enju’s thoughts were running away from her at the moment. ”Ms.Aya…” Her words came to a halt as she saw the figure coming closer. She went to move but her movements were slow. Just as she reached out for the princess the figure stopped in his tracks.”That was a close call…” Letting out a heavy sigh of relief. ”Ms.Ayame are you alright?”Turning her back to the wall and slid down it. ”I must assume you are from the coven as well.” Enju’s voice was low and held no real emotion to them. ”No need to thank me for doing my job. You should be more careful…Though I need to take responsibility for the attack as well seeing I did mask her scent.” Enju could feel heavy air around them and if anything had happened it would have been her fault.

”What do we do from here on out? They will have a hard time finding her.” It was a good question to ask seeing she wouldn't be much help in her state. That as well was her own fault refusing to feed properly. Enju caught herself mumbling a bit and just shook her head and rested her injured arm in her lap.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                                                  ╰☆╮
                                                                                  With:Ayame/Vlad
                                                                                  Location: Hall
                                                                                  Mood:Annoyed but relieved.
                                                                                  OOC:
                                                                                  ╰☆╮
                                                                                  ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff