< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 >

Sparkly Lunatic

11,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User ImageUser Image

You're attractive, lιттle wιтcн, you're B E A U T I F U L.
Your wickedness, lιттle wιтcн, it broke myHEART.
Enchanting words, lιттle wιтcн, you've cast ya spell.
Masked destroyer, lιттle wιтcн, your B E A U T I F U L, a p r o b l e m e r.

User Image

Alexandria sighed as she had begun pacing in front of the ruins. She paced for so long, she hardly noticed the audience of people who where watching her, she stopped and took notice of them finally, the girl and older lady from before. Two ten year old boys. And an older male who was missing an arm. She raised a brow and walked over to them.

"Something wrong, miss?" The old lady said looking her over.

Alex shook her head. No..... Yes... That girl is taking to long to get back here She said with little worry, but stopped when she notice the little girl tear up. She sighed. Alright, I'll go looking for her. She looked to the two boys and the one armed male. She walked over to the boys first. You two ever fight with a sword before? She asked in a friendly tone, they bobbed their heads.

"Fake wooden ones, we would practice ever day!" One said with a bright smile.

Well these are not as dangerous as swords, or as big, but they can be used as them She handed each boy two miniature katanas. Kind of like daggers. Careful, they are sharp, can you help watch over everyone? The nodded as she stood up, the one armed male walked over to her. He looked to be in his fifties with salt and pepper hair.

"I fought against demons in my day. That's how I lost my arm. How can I help now? I want to protect my family." He said with a fearless face.

Here. I'm sure you can still handle this. She handed him a dagger much like the others, a bit longer, with symbols encased in the steel. It was encased with magic, and a very special gift to me. Protect them well with it she said all of this, did all of this, knowing she wouldn't let the demons get this far, but she had to make them feel safe while she would be gone for a few moments. He nodded his head. "Then I promise to give this back to you when you return" Alex nodded, looked to each one last time, and ran off in the direction of the town. Hoping to find the girl quickly, having a bad feeling that if she didn't something would either happen to them, or the people she left behind.

OOC: A little short. Sorry

User Image

"I tricked you. to fall inlove, lιттle вσу.
I played with you. 'til I was done, like a T O Y.
YourHEART in love as I d e s t r o y the end of you.
So easily fooled, lιттle вσу. to think it's true. "

Dangerous Seeker

3,175 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
User Image
Alexander Roh, The Omen

Killing is all i know.

Time started to stand still for Alexander the longer his battle went on. No longer seeing what he was fighting but simply reacting to movement around him. Each attack was becoming more brutal and more efficient with every passing second. The screams of the slayers sword simple stopped causing most of the demons within range to become uneasy. But it was what happened next that struck fear in their cold hearts. After striking down another demon Alexander just stopped with his head hung low simply standing there motionless. Around his body a shadow started to form almost like and outline of another being all together. Much bigger then the boys own body spanning two more of his bodies lengths. A large pair of transparent wings forming slowly on the shadows back. While the shape was still somewhat distorted it was clear enough for the demons to see. It had become the shape of a pure blood Reaver demon. A monster clad in armor with a massive pair of wings that could easily snap a lesser target in half.

Upon seeing this new figure before them many of the lesser demons took flight doing what they could to bypass the slayer all together. Avoiding whatever contact they could while moving at max speed. This triggered no reaction from Alexander in the slightest as he kept still waiting for something to make the mistake of getting into range. Seeing the demons disperse as they had a small group of humans that had made their way from town rushed forward to take advantage of the whole event not noticing Omen's current state. The second they drew close enough to fire on the flying monsters the whole group was instantly cleaved in half. Their bodies not even able to react to the attack. What was odd was the fact that none of them had even seen the slayer move. The attack came out of no where in a flash. Not even a second later every human found their heads sliced vertically down the middle with no sign of an attacker what so ever. When their lifeless bodies hit the floor the remains burst into bright black flames.

At this time most of the demons had made their way past the slayer moving into the town. Only a tenth of the forced remained anywhere near him. Every last demon had frozen in place as if not even their orders would move them. The air of the wasteland grew thick with a an energy that no one could put to words. The pressure it exhumed sent many of the imp class demons to the ground as if they were under foot of a much larger monster. The silence that had washed over the battleground was broken by a voice. Echoed as if two beings spoke in the same tone at the same time.
"More..........I must have more..........." Malice dripped from every word like venom as they escaped the lips of the dark form that had once been the cold slayer. It was as if something inside him had snapped had now held tightly to his mind.A darkness that felt almost familiar to him. Much like the very same presence his father had made when he had become angry. It felt good. No words described the hunger that gripped him. More then anything Alexander wanted a foe that would push back with similar force. If there even was something of the sort anywhere near here.

So i'll just make them wish for hell

User Image
User Image

Heart GO

10,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Popular Thread 100
₪ ₪ ₪ ɱina rahan ₪ ₪ ₪

User ImageAt some point, Mina realized that the demons were no longer pursuing her. They broke off, for whatever reason, but then the priestess felt it too. An unholy pressure which chilled her to the very bone, accompanied by a feeling of insidious hunger. A terrifying, all-consuming voracity which overpowered all other emotions in the area, even the fear of the fugitives hiding in the ruins. Something terrible was happening, or about to happen.

"Alex..." she whispered, worry gripping her heart. The terrible demonic presence was coming from exactly where the young slayer was fighting off the demon horde by himself (or so she thought). Not realizing that the presence she was feeling was coming from Alex himself, she believed that he was in great danger. Neither of them had felt a force like this when they were back at the inn together, so it must have taken him by surprise. Further confirming her suspicions was the fact that he should have been back by now. He said he would meet up with the group after giving them enough time to retreat to the ruins, and he had done just that. So why hadn't he returned? The only thing she could think of was that he was too busy fighting for his life. That the terrible monster was currently overwhelming him.

"Yo," came a male voice from behind her. Filio was grinning. "Thinking about going back to save the town?"

Mina shook her head in response. "No. I'm afraid a... friend of mine has been left behind, and he may be in grave danger." Her feet felt frozen to the ground. On one hand, she wished to aid her fellow slayer long enough for both of them to escape, but on the other hand, she had left the villagers at the ruins for far too long, and they needed her protection. She had left without a word, and they probably thought she had abandoned them by now. If she didn't return, morale could drop further, and if the demons decided to attack the ruins, it could spell disaster.

She felt a slap on her back, and a rough laugh. "Then what the hell are you waiting for? Go get your friend." It was Filio again. "I'll tell the kiddos what happened, and organize defenses. You go get your friend, and then haul your skinny a** back to the ruins, alright?"

The look of surprise on Mina's face turned to a grateful smile. She bowed, and then parted ways with the man, who proceeded to head back to the ruins. Mina, for her part, turned around and went to the outskirts of the town, towards the source of the terrible aura. As she went, she couldn't help but think that this may have been exactly what the demons wanted. Fortunately, she still had her trump card: the seeds of the wolf demon's blessing. She was planning on saving them for the defense at the ruins, but if Alex needed rescue then she was prepared to use one to fight off the powerful demon she believed to be attacking him.
User Image
Often are tales spun
by the most wicked,
cunning thieves

Tala, the Blood Wolf

Things had gone off better than she had expected: most everything of value had been successfully retrieved from the city, the fires that had been set were strategically placed in relation to the wind to ensure the flames would continue to spread, a respectable number of souls had been claimed and the casualties - while significant - were not unreasonable. After all, she had warned them about the boy, had she not?

Satisfied with the amount that had been accomplished, Tala issued the orders for a tactical withdrawal. What little else there was to be gained was far outweighed by the potential losses that would be incurred. It would take some time for the order to pass along to the entirety of what was still a potent army, but that was soon a miniscule concern as she felt the massive aura burst forth from the boy. At least it would encourage the remaining demons to retreat a bit more hastily.

The boy... or rather, the demon... was very much a loose canon now however. He had allowed his hunger to take too much control and was now lost to it, killing anything that drew near in the hopes of quenching his thirst. He was something that, if left alone, would likely smash all of her carefully laid plans to nothingness. This was something she would have to deal with personally.

Advancing from her observational post, an excited grin creased her lips. It had been a long time since she had encountered a Reaver demon, the last she had seen in full battle form had been her father's sworn brother. A little of the battle demon's blood coursed through her veins as well, though it paled in comparison to what Omen was currently channeling. If she were to collect even a single drop of his blood however... it might just be possible for her to assimilate it into her own.

With an entirely new motivation to meet this demonic form in person, she arrived in short order after his demand for more. "Oh I believe you have had quite enough for one day." she replied, her energetic expression showing all along her body and reflected by her twitching tail. He was powerful, there was no denying that, but she had several factors working in her favor. She knew what Reavers were capable of for one, and she made sure to keep just enough distance that she would be able to react if he made an advance upon her. Secondly, while he was faster than most people could perceive, his power still resided in physical strength; Tala on the other hand exercised speed and precision over raw force, staying at least one step ahead in terms of positioning and evasion. Lastly and most importantly, his hunger blinded him to any semblance of rational thought; everything and everyone was his enemy, and without the ability to focus he was at a distinct disadvantage on the mental level.

With calculated steps she slowly paced back and forth in front of the transformed Omen, her gaze never losing its playful quality. She could sense others beginning to approach even through the burning city, and was merely biding her time until they could arrive so as to press the advantage of his dissociative condition.

And perhaps I am
one such trickster,
such tangled webs I weave

Dangerous Seeker

3,175 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
User Image
Alexander Roh, The Omen

Killing is all i know.

Omen watched with his head tilted slightly to the side. Almost as if a child curious about a new toy. Somehow he knew what was before him or rather he felt something familiar about this demon compared to the others. It held a presence that drew him away from the mindless battle crazy monster. Tugging at something that hid behind his false persona. A jagged smile slowly formed on his face before he turned to the burning town. In one swift motion the Reaver flung his sword away causing a sound similar to a artillery cannon being fired. The blade crashing in the distance taking a small amount of the town with it.
Without a word Alexander rushed the she-demon throwing punches with all the force he had. Nothing seemed to connect but the area around them suffered heavy damage from just the force of his swings. Bounding back once more only to vanish from sight appearing just above the wolf demon bringing down a screeching heel kick. Again the blow only struck the ground bringing a cloud of dust in its wake.

Lashing his arm Alex forced the dust to dissipate. It seemed the pair had returned too their original positions almost as if both were only testing the waters. This is were something unexpected came about. Head title again Alex spoke.
"Your like me......... i smell you. You hunger for something out of your grasp. A wanting that can't be obtained alone. Your blood...... i feel it even from here."
His voice held a twisted happiness too it.Sparking the appearance of six magic seals on his body. One for both his hands and feet as well as his chest and forehead. It was clear that there was more still hidden deep within that the Reaver himself could not open. Locks without a key that his father had placed for himself to break when the soul shift had been completed. Yet without the core demon's powers Alexander was nothing more then a hulk with crushing physical power. He wanted more of what he had now obtained. The programing the Prime Reaver had imprinted within the boy holding tight to his mind. Before the wolf demon stood the start of something greater. Something that needed molding into a truly powerful weapon. Inside Alex wanted nothing more then to be pointed at a battlefield and told to destroy. Being bred for nothing less then utter obliteration of any foe before him. But without his fathers focus it was like a sword without an owner.

"I sense it......you have a foe greater then what is here. Something in your way."
What he was feeling had started to intoxicate him. But at the same time there was something eating at the back of his mind. Inner turmoil soon eclipsed the Reaver forcing him to flail about wildly. Smashing rocks Like a confused and frightened child. Somehow the slayer under all the hunger was now stabbing at the will that controlled him. Making him into a wild beast that had lost the little focus he had gained from the encounter.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Deanne may have been strong, but she was fading fast. With every demon she drained her strength grew up so to did her vulnerability to the sun's power over her vampire blood. If she kept this up soon her flesh would start to burn and she would surely die. Feeling the heat in her skin the Dunpeel realized what was happening and broke away from the group. "I'm sorry kid. I can't stay any longer... and I certainly can't save you from yourself." She said, although she doubted the now demonic boy could hear her. If he didn't regain control no one would be safe. D ran away from the fight, on the way to find the others. That was she she saw Mina. The fight was much too dangerous, even for a human of her skill. Deanne pushed herself, tiring quickly, and reached the girl before she got too close. She tried to catch her breath, blood soaked and still half crazed. "Mina... you can't... The boy he's giving in to his demons, no one is safe. He can handle his own. Please reconsider." As Deanne looked up at the girl it was obvious what was happening to her. The skin on her shoulders and face was burning, having lost her hat in the battle. It was taking every inch of her remaining strength not to feed from Mina before burying herself deep in the ground to rest.

Heart GO

10,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Popular Thread 100
₪ ₪ ₪ ɱina rahan ₪ ₪ ₪

User ImageThe priestess pressed onward, even as a loud crash erupted in the town behind her. On her way to the source of the violent aura, she saw a face that she didn't think she'd see ever again. It was D, the slayer who had helped Alex after the battle with Klex. The bloodstains on her black outfit indicated to Mina that she had been at the epicenter of the battle against the demonic horde, although the young priestess was unable to tell how much of it was demon blood, and how much of it was her own. It was then that Mina also noticed something else. D's skin was starting to turn faintly red and peeling, much in the same way that normal people get sunburn. She also noticed that the slayer's canines had gotten visibly sharper.

"D, you're..." Mina trailed off, and tensed up. She had been taught her whole life that the undead were unholy abominations, sins against nature that were no better than demons and deserved to be destroyed the same as them. And here it was obvious that D was a vampire, at least partially, which meant that as a holy priestess she was sworn by oath to slay her along with the demons. Mina's gaze hardened, but she shook her head. No, the scriptures are wrong! she thought fiercely to herself. Vampires were supposed to be evil, predatory monsters, yet D was just as compassionate as any human she had ever met. Mina offered a silent prayer to her gods, asking for forgiveness for this act of rebellion and telling them she would accept her punishment later.

Once she had finished, she bowed to D. "I am sorry, but I cannot. As the chosen shrine maiden of Suju, it is my duty to carry the light into dark places," she said quietly. "Thank you for keeping Alex safe yet again. Now I must go and play my part as well."

Slipping past D, she continued on, until finally seeing the wolf demon, as well as Alex. He was enveloped by an evil silhouette: dark, armored, and winged. It easily towered over her, covering her in its shadow. And what was the she-wolf doing here? Her intentions were lost on Mina, as always, but for now she needed to address the issue with Alexander.

"Alex!" she called out, hoping he could still recognize her voice. "You did it! The villagers are safe, thanks to you. The battle is over. Please, come back to us!" Mina had her arms spread out in a gesture of trust, as if offering an embrace. With her soft brown hair blowing in the wind, and her tattered white robe billowing around her, she seemed so frail and helpless. But Mina was no fool. She could clearly see that the demon had taken over the vast majority of Alex's mind, and she was determined not to allow herself to die so easily.

Dangerous Seeker

3,175 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
User Image
Alexander Roh, The Omen

Killing is all i know.

Stopping his rampage after hearing his name the Reaver slowly turned to Mina. Not truly seeing her at all but moving to the glow of her life force.Dashing at his insane speed Alexander swung his fist with the full intent to strike down the girl before him. Without warning his wing stopped centimeters from her face. Every muscle tensed to high hell in order to do so. The little bit of Alex that remained somehow managed to stop him from doing the unthinkable.
"Please......Run......Can't stop.....for long....." while his voice still held the duel echo quality there was a suffering behind it that no normal person could understand. Every ounce of his willpower was fighting his true nature. But no one can fight their true selves no matter how strong of mind. Dropping to his knees balling his fists so hard that that his nails dug deep. Black blood dripping from his palms. Lifting his head A single tear ran down the slayers face. Despite his rampage the normal Alexander had been fully aware of his actions. Almost like being locked in a dream as it shifted to a nightmare.

Flinging his head back the Reaver let out a roar that shook the ground like thunder.No matter how much he wished otherwise this was the real him. While only part of the way there it was the inevitable outcome. The human form everyone knew was only the first stage on his way to becoming an unbound Reaver. Fighting that would be harder then anything one could think of. Every inch of his body screamed for him to pummel this priestess into a bloody pulp on the ground. Wanting to feel her blood dripping from his hands as he crushed her tiny form under his might. Fighting these urges was ripping him apart inside to the point were his body was quaking under the pressure. it would be so easy to just give in at this very moment and let the red haze take his vision from him. But what good would becoming the very monster he fought for so many years do? Alexander had always labored under the delusion that he could overcome what he was and be what he wanted. But now..... it was clear that no matter his effort he was role in life was set in stone.

User Image
User Image

Heart GO

10,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Popular Thread 100
₪ ₪ ₪ ɱina rahan ₪ ₪ ₪

User ImageMina stayed as still as a statue, even when his wing came down at her face, she only blinked to protect her eyes from the powerful winds generated by his movement. She stayed standing, tall and unrelenting even though her form was dwarfed by that of the Reaver demon's. The thought of retreating didn't even cross her mind.

"No!" she said back fiercely, with a fire in her eyes that belied her usual soft-spoken nature. She could feel Alexander's emotions within, wrestling with the will of the Reaver demon that was so deeply entwined within his own soul. She could feel his internal turmoil, and though she pitied him for this, it was a trial that he had to overcome on his own. All she could do was encourage him.

He erupted in a roar, which shook the ground and nearly knocked the young priestess off of her feet. But once she regained her balance, she stepped forward, even closer to the being of chaotic emotions that knelt in front of her. And then she did something that anyone else might have considered suicide. She wrapped her arms around the Reaver demon, embracing him tightly and not letting go. Her head only came up to his stomach, but she pressed her ear against him. The heat from the Reaver's boiling blood could be felt even through his armor. At this proximity, her attunement to his emotions were at its peak. She could almost hear his thoughts themselves.

She whispered back to him, her own voice echoing inside his mind due to the empathic connection she had opened up between them. "If I run now, then what happens? You burn out, revert to your human form, and then the process repeats itself. Nothing will change, until one day you lose yourself for good. As a holy priestess, I cannot allow that to happen. This world needs people like you, Alexander. I won't let you give up on yourself so easily. Believe! I will stay here with you until the very end, and whether we win or lose this battle for your soul, we will see the end together. This is my promise."
User Image
Often are tales spun
by the most wicked,
cunning thieves

Tala, the Blood Wolf

Tala kept her scrupulous gaze fixed on the pair as the young woman did what most would consider unthinkable, approaching the Reaver and embracing him. The priestess certainly had no lack of will, and it only reaffirmed the wolf demon's conviction that she had made the right choice in granting her the seeds. If anyone were going to use them to their utmost efficiency, it would be her.

Circling around slowly to come to the Omen's front without startling him, she too approached just behind the human. "I must say, I am quite impressed with the both of you. I was beginning to lose hope that mortals could possess such strength of spirit." Whether it was the act of her approaching Mina or a temporary flare of Alexander's rage at being patronized bursting forth, both of his massive arms closed together, attempting to crush the she-wolf in a pincer around the female slayer. With a tremendous amount of effort Tala managed to hold his hands at bay, though as she looked up her lips were grinning through the strain.

Demon! She communicated through their shared bond of blood. Look around! There is nothing here that could sate your lust for combat, even I will only be a toy for you to chase until you tire. However, I offer you a contract: recede until the time of my choosing, keep the boy alive, and I will bring to you a battle greater than any this world has ever seen. She was pleased as the pressure in his arms lessened, though didn't vanish entirely. As she held his hands from crushing her, the blood seeping from his self-inflicted wounds was coating her own slender hands, a meal she intended to enjoy in a few moments. Become my blade, demon, and I will unleash your full fury upon the Blood Court itself.

She was confident the battle-hungry demon would accept her offer; after all, the thought excited even the small amount of Reaver blood already in her veins. She could only imagine how sweet it must taste with the surge the boy was feeling. Tala had not lived so long by simply being confident though, she had several means to escape and could still slink away with the blood on her hands as more than enough of a reward.

Well, demon, what say you? Do we have an accord?

And perhaps I am
one such trickster,

User Image
User Image

The human girl's determination to save the boy made Deanne feel like a coward. But Mina would survive the sun at least, and D would be of no help if she did not bury herself now. She could see the priestess struggling with her appearance, this was not a surprise. "Very well Mina, just be careful out there. I have a feeling this is just the beginning... and we're all going to need to stick together to get through it." The Dunpeel hated to admit that she was not connected with these people because it only put them in more danger. She watched the girl walk away and as she tried to reach out to the demon boy he made himself bleed to keep from hurting her. The thick demon blood that seeped from the wounds made D's mouth water. So strong she could smell it from so far away... the Dunpeel roared in pain as she resisted the call of her hunger to save herself and ran off towards the ruins where the town's folk had been taken. When she arrived many looked at her in fear, her skin now starting to crack and glow like burning wood. "Do not fear me, I am on your side." She managed to tell them, her voice suggesting otherwise in it's inhuman tone. D then found some loose ground and started to dig, her now claw like hands scooping out the dirt with ease. She jumped into the dep hole and used her magic to pull the pile of dirt over herself. As soon as she was covered the searing pain stopped and her skin started to slowly repair itself with help from the blood of the demons she'd killed. The cool earth on her flesh was oh so soothing that D simply lay there contently waiting until she could rise again.

Familiar Friend

7,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image
ℓυкє яąι

The boy Luke had managed to bring back simple lept off the bike and ran off into the ruins like he automatically knew where to go. This threw the human for a loop, not quiet understanding why it would forever be a mystery. Though looking around the area Luke understood why the child might have run away. People were yelling, children were crying, and the whole place seemed to be in a mess. One man Luke knew, Filio was his name, seemed to be trying to get everything organized. Luke never considered himself the leader type, so he figured that he might as well stake a plot of land as his new home. Suddenly the ground was shifting and shaking, like a small earthquake. Regaining his balance, the camp was silent for a moment and looked towards the town. Spy a high enough outcrop of fallen stone the human ran towards it and began to climb. Once atop the pillar like object he sat and viewed as best he could out into the night. His sight could not carry as far as the Slayers, but he could tell something nasty was going on within the city.

His thoughts wondered as he sat there playing look out. He wondered if he could possible be a slayer would he have been able to save her. Would the fact have change his life drastically, would he be the same person he is now? The questions rattled his mind until the wind blew blowing the smell of blood and destruction with it. It was overwhelming making him gag on the empty stomach he had neglected to fill. Sighing to himself he thought of climbing down, but what was the fun in returning to reality. Responsibility of people that did not even care about him, what was the point in that. Adventure was something the Luke needed, though taking care of little kids and being one of few people that could gather food supply was not so adventurous. So he turned his eyes to the ruins of the city, another home lost, and he imagined himself there within the heat of battle and making split decisions. Something he should have done a few years ago.

Dangerous Seeker

3,175 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trader 100
User Image
Alexander Roh, The Omen

Killing is all i know.

Alexander's body froze at the embrace of his friend. When the she demon offered him the deal the reaction was almost instant. Without warning the demon form that held tight released the boy returning him to his normal size and state. Sadly the ordeal had forced the young man unconscious. Every last bit of his energy drained his body was barely living. Only a slight breath so faint gave any indication that he was still in the land of the living. Even the air that was once heavy with energy returned to normal.While his body may have took a turn for the worse Alexanders mind was buzzing.

With the appearance of his full reaper spirit caused blood memories of his race to boil to the surface. From the day to day on goings of the Reaver brood to the bloody battles that they took part in. All the blood, all the killing seeped into every corner of his mind like a virus. But what truly came to light was the very idea that his father had come up with. The means and end of the young slayers birth. What he saw chilled him to the bone. He saw the hellish outcome that the world would have suffered at the Prime Reavers hands. The darkness that his body would have brought. The rules of the human world shattering like glass. The nightmare was all consuming.

User Image
User Image

((OOC:Small post. but at least things can keep moving.))

Heart GO

10,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Popular Thread 100
₪ ₪ ₪ ɱina rahan ₪ ₪ ₪

User ImageHowever attuned she was, Mina could only sense vague emotions in the Reaver demon's mind, and she certainly didn't share the line of communication that Tala was using to negotiate with him. What she felt was the Reaver jumping on an opportunity, then mysteriously vanishing into the depths of Alexander's soul. With her arms already wrapped around him, she was able to support him when he went slack. Kneeling down, she cradled him in her arm, in much the same way a mother would to her child. The heat of the Reaver demon's blood was gone, and now his skin felt frighteningly cold. She could only feel a faint pulse of life coming from within him, and if it weren't for his demonic fortitude he would have simply shriveled up and died right then.

"You did well," she said tenderly, caressing his face. She sounded proud of him, and she was. Though she knew that the Reaver demon was far from being gone forever, she also knew that Alexander had just exerted himself more than most people do over the course of their entire lifetime, herself included. But the road ahead of him was still a dark one, his physical recovery notwithstanding. She would need to aid him with that. Back in her hometown, among her other duties as shrine maiden was the task of healing the sick. But she had no special powers of healing like D did; her methods were limited to the use of mundane medicines. She also lacked the physique of the Dunpeel, which would make it difficult for her to carry him all the way back to the ruins for D to tend to him a second time. She could concoct a potion that would guarantee that his state stabilized, as well as speed up his recovery, but she would need certain ingredients that would only be found in the ruins of Anile's apothecary, and she loathed the thought of leaving him here alone. Well, not quite alone...

She turned to the she-wolf that had been watching over them this entire time. "My lady," she said, addressing the wolf demon humbly. "Twice now you have saved my friend from death. Truly, you are merciful." She did not suspect that Tala was actually just using the slayers for her own gain, but the truth was that even if she knew, it wouldn't have mattered. Mina's appreciation would have been the same. "And yet you ask for nothing in return. What do you intend? If you would reveal your plans to me, perhaps I could think of a way to pay my debt to you."
User Image
Often are tales spun
by the most wicked,
cunning thieves

Tala, the Blood Wolf

Omen's response was near instantaneous, and Tala appreciated that fact more than she would ever tell. As the pressure of his arms squeezing her in was released, she felt her own beginning to tremble from the exertion. Noting to herself that she should never again attempt a duel of raw strength with the Reaver again, she began to feast on the blood that still thinly coated her hands. Her body nearly shuddered as she lapped up the obsidian liquid, her veins softly pulsing with a matching color before fading again from view as the blood was assimilated into her own.

The meal was over much too soon for her liking, and as she licked clean the last drop upon her finger she very nearly pouted. It was as she did so that her attention was drawn to Mina, who was holding the incapacitated Omen and once again asked of her intentions. She grinned perhaps a bit more devilishly than she intended, hearing the voiced questions but feeling another, more important one in the frenzied beating of the girl's worried heart. "The boy will live, young priestess. How well is entirely in your hands. Now that my kin are withdrawn, assistance shall arrive before long." Eyeing the back of her retreating forces, she placed her hands on her hips while she recounted the day's events, concluding that all of her affairs were in order and that it was time for her to take her leave as well. The Blood Court would be expecting her to relay everything that had happened in the invasion, and while they would likely be displeased that no slayers were taken, it would be difficult to refute that the pillaging of a major human hub was a substantial gain.

As she was about to dash off to rejoin her army, a thought abruptly struck her and she turned to face the human once more. Seeing her face alight with the prospect that the she-wolf had decided to answer at least one of her questions made her smile through her words. "This is the second time I have saved him, yes, but also the third the two of us have met, is it not?" her expression was genteel, with the slightest hint of vivacity. "I suppose it would only be proper to introduce myself. You may call me Tala."

She had to admit, it was more fun than it probably should have been to dance around the poor girl's questions as she did, and upon hearing the slightly confused response, she giggled and lightly bent her knees in a playful curtsy. "And delighted I am to make your acquaintance, Priestess Mina Arahan. Perhaps one day we shall be more than just that?" After having been disowned by her family, friends became something that Tala simply could not make among others of her kind; not when she was blamed for the murder of her father and leader of her brood. She had to admit she was curious what it would be like to have a friend again.

With a second look back at the retreating horde, she couldn't help but giggle again. It seemed Omen's display had them running a bit faster than she had anticipated. "Alas, it appears that day is not today." Dashing off to catch up with the fleeing army she was supposed to be in command of, she left Mina and any questions the priestess had been trying to get answers for with only a parting message.

"Fare well, and let us hope we meet again under kinder circumstances."

And perhaps I am
one such trickster,

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items