Welcome to Gaia! ::

Join

Yay! 0.54838709677419 54.8% [ 17 ]
Nae 0.12903225806452 12.9% [ 4 ]
meh 0.32258064516129 32.3% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 >

User Image Logan Jericho, The Strange Prodigy, The Youngest Donovan
Logan's movements would soon be stopped as he was addressed, her gaze meeting his, as she would now approach. He had to admit he was surprised that he was so readily approached, given the tensions that existed between their kingdoms, even if the purpose of these meetings and pairings, ridiculous as they were, was to bring peace. He gazed out at her from under the hood of his white cloak, his turquoise eyes almost seeming to glow in the shadow produced by it, relative to his pale skin. She would then address him in a surprisingly forward manner, asking him if he was left unable to speak due to the beauty of something. Two surprises hit him with this, not only with its forwardness, but with the clarity she spoke it. Chinese was, after all, the natural language, unlike the English he himself spoke. Despite this, she appear to have no difficulty using it, with only the slightest accent. It was also interesting to Logan that the Shao would choose to speak to them in English, rather then expecting the Donovan's to speak Chinese, then again, He was uncertain if his siblings all had any training or learning in the language. But this still left the issue of them having not learned it, despite being guests. They were indeed, guests within a foreign country, and it would seem more appropriate that they adapt to the countries preferences and customs, rather then the other way around. Of course, he found many customs from both, and indeed many cultures, pointless at best.
She would continue with her statement, as he looked to her with a slight bit of surprise in his eyes, again from her words. There was a reason for a lack of his intiation of this conversation, regardless of this suggestion. He was hardly a social butterfly, and furthermore was lacking in various social skills called upon for most. He was left with a slight blush of embarrassment. "I apologize if I've appeared to stare."
He would lower his head in a light bow. But she would quickly respond, revealing a purposefully misdirected target of her initial response. She had effectively used a bit of irony, intentionally or otherwise. He would slowly smile lightly. He would respond to her, though, in Chinese, rather then English.((Note I am still typing this technically in English.)) "I must admit I was affected as much by curiosity, as beauty, although the latter is certainly present." Similar to her english, there would be a slight accent in comparison to a native speaker. His eyes would shift out towards the palance taking note of details from this structure she refereed to. A cool wind flowed over them, ruffling his cloak. She would suggest they go inside, and even invite him to dine alongside her. He would respond to her in English now. "That would seem quite appropriate. I suppose we should find the others whom we are both to meet within. I shall accept that offer, thank you."
She would next give her name as she began walking ahead. He would move to follow as she requested his own. "My name, ordered more in line with my own language and culture, is Logan Donovan. It is quite nice to meet you, Madam Shao. Or perhaps diànxià Shao, or nǚshì Shao would be more appropriate?" His gaze once again returned to to silverish-black-haired woman as they walked.

Beloved Elder

11,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Alana Donovan
Eldest Princess of Dirkshorn

User Image

Alana gave a light nod of her head at his apology “ Of course, I understand Masa. Perhaps the gardens, would be the next place. “ She said not particularly caring of where they went next mostly she was concerned about just gauging the man either she or her sister was supposed to marry. Thus far she was not impressed in all brutal honesty. When the servant intervened she turned to the man with a smile. She opened her mouth to speak only to hear Masa speak before her and she fell silent as he spoke. When he addressed her she gave a pleasant smile and nodded “ That would be wonderful Pax, if it’s not too much trouble. Perhaps we should go indoors for a short time, get the hot chocolate then go to the gardens. “ She stated then looked towards the palace.

“ I should get my cloak anyways, it’s beginning to get a little chilly out her. I like the cold, but I don’t much care for turning to ice.” She said then looked to Masa, likely as not he was warm but she’d just gotten out of her carriage and there had been no need for her wrap in the carriage.

((Sorry so short, I have writers block at the moment. Tiredness))

Wheezing Gawker

8,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
Thaiden Stenvar Donovan

Thaiden plops himself down onto the comfy seat of the carriage, staring outside absently as the big box begin to move. He was more than ready to get this things over with. Get this thing over with? He chuckled, shaking his head at himself. What am I doing being apprehensive? Shaking his head again, he leaned back against the seat, making himself comfortable while thoughts running at a break neck speed through his mind. He is irritated that there was no other choice but to do as the King ordered, but more than that he is curious about the people he will meet. He could see this situation as the opportunity it is: once they established a good relationship with Maganda, it would mean that his playground will get bigger. He had sneak into some areas of the neighbor country before, but his access was limited. The people there were friendly, and completely different from his people, but they were interesting. He smiled, picturing the places he could go, things he could see, and people to meet. He fell asleep with the smile still on his lips.

The door of the carriage open, waking him up, and Thaiden jumped out, yawning and stretching. He glance around, noticing that two rows of staffs were lined up near the gate, and as he drew closer, they all bowed deep at the waist. He blinked, but didn't slow his stride until he was close to them. He had seen this gesture before, but it was still a little strange seeing others bowing to him. At his height, he was already standing three heads above them, and with them bowing like that...It just make him look like a giant, and he doesn't care for it much. "Uh, please stand up." He told them, flashing a bright smile when they all look at him. "Things like that are not necessary while I'm here."

It was their turn to blink at him, but he only smile wider, stepping between the rows to get inside. He took a moment to take note of the impressive architecture, the decorations, the vast amount of space before shaking himself out of it. He motioned for one of the staffs to come over. "Where am I staying at?"
"This way, Your Highness." The servant started to bow again, but Thaiden shot out an arm to stop him.
"Just...point me the way.

Once he know where his room is, and instructed all except his armor crates to be unpack, he waved goodbyes to the staffs, and headed out, wandering around the castle and exploring the new area. He checked the outside of the castles first, noticing the differences in the way the castle was build, wondering about the thoughts that go into building it

{{ OOC: Aloha biggrin }}
User Image
Jingfei Shao
Youngest Princess

•Jingfei walked along at Adele's side, letting the other princess take the lead. There was nowhere in particular that she wanted to see. Castles were not exactly Jingfei's area. She preferred wide open spaces, with lots of room and grass, and the sky overhead. In stone buildings like this one, she always felt jumpy and confined. Not really a surprise, given how she had grown up. Jingfei could never be sure whether her claustrophobia was a natural development, or a result of her punishments. They usually involved isolating her in some small area... Castles weren't enough to set off a full blown panic attack, of course, but they did not make her comfortable either. Her mind drifted to the small house she had shared with the shepherdess for such a long time. It had been more of a home than the place she was born, and she couldn't help but yearn for it. However, if she ever dared venture back there, her father would no doubt torture that same shepherdess who had made the place so warm and welcoming. It was not worth it, no matter how much she wanted to see it again. Jingfei had to obey her father and do as she was told, two things that went against her very nature. Yet it was for the safety of someone she loved, so how could she not? A sigh slipped from her by accident, and Jingfei quickly placed a smile on her face so that Adele would not think she was boring her. In fact, Jingfei was rather enjoying listening to the girl, even if it was a bit fast. She hoped Adele did not mind how slow Jingfei's responses came, and how clumsily the words fell out of her mouth. So far she had not seemed impatient at Jingfei's pace, but perhaps she was just being polite. This princess had probably gotten lessons on manners and proper conduct, and would know how to treat a fellow royal. Would she be offended by the blunders Jingfei was sure to make? She hoped not. Adele seemed so sweet, and energetic, and Jingfei wanted to be her friend. There was no harm in making allies in this place, and it had been so long since she'd had a friend, or even someone to talk to. Isolation was not a fun thing to endure.

Shaking off the thoughts of what she'd escaped by coming here, Jingfei focused on responding to Adele. "Women talking are not respected in our country," Jingfei replied with a small smile. She knew there were differences between the two cultures, and she hoped that their treatment of women was one of them. Her best hope for this marriage was that it would be an escape from the stifling life she had lived for the past couple months, but if things were the same in their neighboring country, that hope was surely dashed. Still, Adele did not seem nearly as subservient as Jai always acted. It was not easy to judge an entire culture based off one princess, however, and Jingfei hoped that Adele's siblings would be introduced to her soon so that she could see what they were like as well. Just then, Adele opened the door to a room and gasped loudly. Jingfei peered in after her and saw a huge library. It was truly a beautiful room, she could tell that immediately, but her attention was drawn to Adele as the princess spoke. Jingfei smiled widely and waved a hand dismissively. "Forgiven," she responded, before pausing slightly. This next thing would be embarrassing, but there was no point in lying about it. "Cannot read well," Jingfei admitted, gesturing to herself. She had been taught her letters as a child, both in Chinese and English, and her reading skills were stronger in English than her speaking ones. But they were still weak, barely matching that of a young child. It had been a while since she'd properly attended any class. After a few years of her dutifully missing every single one, the tutors had stopped bothering even scheduling them and instead focused on her siblings. Jingfei had never really learned to read much besides signs on the road, and she had been too busy with adventures in the countryside to focus on books. As many reasons as there were, however, she knew it was a large gap in her knowledge, something that every educated royal should know. Jingfei ducked her head slightly, cheeks turning red as she hoped Adele's opinion of her would not be lowered too much.

Silently, Jingfei watched as Adele explored the library. She seemed so overjoyed simply by the presence of books. There must be some magic to reading to create such happiness. Jingfei found herself wishing she had tried harder to learn, and she turned to a nearby shelf. She trailed her fingers along the spines, squinting and picking out words here and there. Some were in English, some Chinese, and some were in other languages she could not recognize. Jai would probably know, Jingfei thought, before turning back to Adele curiously. The other princess had spoken and Jingfei smiled slightly at her. "Your choice," Jingfei replied, hesitating slightly before adding "But, if interested, garden?" Jingfei made the suggestion casually, trying to keep the hopefulness out of her voice. Although she did have a new desire to learn to read, being inside still made her feel a little itchy. Honestly, she had been hoping to visit the garden at some point, anyway. Jingfei planned on spending quite a bit of her time there, hopefully in more comfortable clothes.

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image
Å ɗ έ ʆ έ xxxxx ɗ ѻ ɴ ѻ ѵ ɑ ɴ

Ҭђҿ ϒσʊɳɢεʂȶ ɗѻɴѻѵɑɴ ɗɑʊɢђȶεя

wんo [Jingfei ] xxxx wん乇尺乇 [The lovely garden, of course! ] xxxx イんougんイ丂 [ Oh my! It's so pretty here... ] xxxx キ乇乇レノ刀g [On top of the world.]

The moment Adele heard Jingfei offer the garden, she immediately flashed a most wicked smile. "Now that dear, is a splendid idea! Quickly, let's make haste before they decide to pull the reins tighter on us!" Adele quickly set the book down she had been looking at and before she knew it she was making sure Jingfei was following her. Adele really didn't like to be cooped up indoors, well unless of course it was raining or she was having an off day. You see, that's why she loved to read books. That, and the fact that she had really no friends besides her siblings, and her tutors. 'Hmm, perhaps that is why I did learn how to read... though I hope she does not think it bothers me... hmm how should I go about and tell her this? Or even should I' Adele's thoughts raced as she found the entrance once more with ease this time. Going out the very door she came in not even an hour prior. Once safely outside Adele took a deep breath of fresh air. Looking about it appeared to be still early and still just a little chilly. Now that she was outside she turned to put her attention on Jingfei once again. "I was rather grateful that you recommended the garden, you see I used to love gardening when I was younger. Then though, the older I got the more I heard from my mother that 'a lady of my title should not do such things'." As she finished her sentence Adele couldn't help but roll her eyes. Just thinking about her mother made her sick to her stomach. Instead she pushed the thought away and looked around. 'Hmm, how to get to the gardens from here...' Adele looked around. Their was a pathway leading one way, and she assumed that was for the stables. Then she turned, and looked another. This other path was much more feminine and wasn't as far away as the whining sounds from the horses she heard.

Looking to Jingfei she motioned for her to follow her and turned onto the nice path that had flowers on each part. Adele slowed her pace to a comfortable walk and let out a soft sigh. Looking and admiring all the flowers Adele felt at peace. Why, they even had some she was familiar with. Like that one their was a lily, and not too far away she seen canas and even an oleander, though she wondered why they would have such a strange plant here. 'Hmm, perhaps they just like the smell of it, after all I know I did.' Looking around she seen butterflies land on one or two, here and there. She listened and eventually heard the light buzzing of the bee's wings near by. Looking around she then noticed that a small bridge came over across the river. With ease she stepped onto it, and stood over atop the water a moment, looking out and smiling. The sun was out, and everything was coming to life. Though the trees were a reminder that winter would soon be here, and that meant that even if she wanted to get away she couldn't. When that thought passed her mind she let out a sigh but said nothing. Instead she crossed to the other side she hadn't explored yet, and found a bench to sit on. Once she sat down she looked around and finally spoke. "You know Jingfei, I like you. It's just, well I'm worried I won't like one of your brothers I'm to wed. You see I get along fine, when they allow me to do what I wish, but from what you say, well you say it's very different in your country for women. I just pray that if I am to marry someone they don't try to change me. After all, that's why I despise my mother so much. Always trying to change me, and make me proper."
                                    With that final statement Adele got quiet, and said nothing further.

For now she sat quietly looking at the leaves begin to fall. Yes, winter would soon be upon them, and soon she would be stuck here. Adele wasn't sure if she liked the idea or not, but at least she was not alone, at least now she had made a friend. Turning now to her new friend she smiled once more, but said nothing. Instead she watched over head as the last of the geese flew over head, flying south for the winter. In that instant Adele wished she was a bird, and could just fly away. Though she knew that would never be the case. Turning to Jingfei she spoke up once more. So tell me friend, what do you hope to get out of this experience? Do you think you'll like the one your betrothed too? Or will you want to fight the union with all your might? These are the questions that have been racing through my mind ever since I was informed of why I was being brought here. You know, sometimes I wonder what it's like to not be a royal, to be just a normal every day person walking down the road. Do you ever wonder about such things?"
                                    Adele found herself opening open about her worries, and her fears. Yes, Adele was grateful that at least given the worst possible outcome did have one good come out of it. A friend who could relate to her. Not one of her older siblings to suck it up and deal with it. No, this person had an opinion too and shared it as well. Adele was a bit saddened by the lack of communication on Jingfei's part but she understood that it was not easy for her. 'Hmm, perhaps I could teach her? That is if she's willing to learn, or is even willing to let me teach her. After all, she might not want me too.' The thoughts kept racing in Adele's head but for now she stayed quiet, after all she did know she talked a lot, and so she had to give Jingfei time to decipher what it is she had just asked.

OOC:
I hope this is ok.
I apologize. It's 3:30 A.M for me, and I know I have a busy day ahead of me so I wanted to go ahead and get out a post while I knew I could. smile

ᾟέɍέ ȋʂ ɱɣ ----〖♡〗 ℌέᾰȓȶ 〖♡〗, ҏɍѻɱȋʂέ ɣѻʊ щѻɲˆȶ ⋙⋙ ℬȓέᾰҡ ȋȶ

Kaderot's Queen

Combative Sex Symbol

10,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Masaiwao Ryuu ShaoXXXXXX
                                                        XXXX [ "By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." ]

- Eldest Son -

I dreamed I was missing; you were so scared.
                                                        But, no one would listen 'cause no one else cared.
                                                        After my dreaming, I woke with this fear:
                                                        What am I leaving when I'm done here?

Masa smiled as she mentioned wanting to see the gardens, they were a favorite spot of his for just about everything. "Pax, when you are finished if you could bring the drinks to the gardens we shall meet you there. Lady Alana shall we?" He proffered his arm going she would take it do he wouldn't look the fool and was relieved when she did. He began leading her through the castle having an internal debate on whether he should be frank with her or not. Against his better judgement he decided he would be honest, brutally so, and tell her what's on his mind. He stopped in the hallway, pulling her close to him and held one finger to his mouth. "We must whisper, I do not trust some of the servants my Father had placed here." He then let the Princess move a comfortable distance away from him add he looked around before speaking in hushed tones.

"I believe this arranged marriage peace treaty to be a sham concocted by our parents. While it is beneficial to both countries, so is continuing the war. I believe my Father will use the fact that you and your siblings are here to his advantage. What are your thoughts on this because it is clear your here against your will." He leveled his gaze at her, sizing her up, and almost piercing her with it. He was going to judge her response and he would really like whomever he was going to be forced to marry to be on his side. So far, Alana had given him no reason to dislike her or to distrust her. He stood there leaning against the wall, looking relaxed as if they were carring on a normal conversation, however he was poised to attack should the need arise.

Wheezing Gawker

8,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
Thaiden Stenvar Donovan

He have seen the busy coasts of Maganda, rush trips though they were, and had wondered about the structures of buildings. It seems the different between the two countries' architecture was interesting to see. In his country, the higher and bigger the building is, the more it represent the owner's status. Those buildings are as much an advertisement for protection as an intimidation, and the decoration that take place inside the buildings....Well, it depends on the owner, he supposed. He had seem tasteful and interesting arrangements, including the way things are operated inside the home. And he had seen owners with more money than sense, who displays their largess with little thought of how it would look. He dealt with a couple of those, and didn't want to waste his time. The Magadan's buildings though, looks strange to him at first, and confused him a little of their practicalities. He didn't have a chance to examine these kind of buildings before, so there is an upside of being here. Perhaps I can even ask the Maganda's Princes and Princesses to see why they build this in such a way. He keep wandering around the palace, stopping now and then to examined the rocks at the bottom of the castle, or wonder about the odd way of the roofs from underneath. I'll go up there sometimes and see what it looks like from up there.

He was lost in thought, so when he round the corner, he almost fell into the small winding river separating the castle from another area. Curious, he followed the river. The water was clear, and on the bottom, there was more rocks. He smiled a little, curious about the Maganda's preference for rocks. It was then that he noticed little things like the grass looks different, and in some area, succulents grew in arrangements, different shapes and sizes, and colors as well. Some of them he could identify, some he could not. His inquiring mind wanted to know more, to see what other differences there are. If Maganda and Dirkshorn was to allied, they will no doubt would benefit from each other's cultures. And hey, knowing more had usually helped him in the past, and he would like to make his future brothers and sisters in law feel less alienated. And he would have like knowing that his sisters would be treated in a similar fashion when they go to Maganda to live.

And then there is the matter of his future wife.

Thaiden stubbed his toes on the thought and barely suppressed a curse. The pain was a welcoming distraction, however, and he hopped a little, shaking out the sensation. The old annoyance came up, but this time it was aimed at himself. He had thought he already made peace with the fact, yet the weird feeling of knowing he is to be wed, but not knowing to whom was not sitting well with him. He wasn't sure what bothered him more, the idea of wedding an unknown stranger or that the stranger was also forced into being wed to him. Perhaps both, he grunted. He might have live an indulged life, but when it come down to it, his duties to his people cannot be forsaken. Thaiden shook his head, it is a subject that he knew well, and something that he cannot - or will not - change. He could have run away any time before coming here, but Thaiden knew he couldn't live with it, and he chose to do his first real duty to his people. It was his decision, and he is not going to change his mind. With that being said, he wonder what personalities his future wife will have, whether or not she would have like going with him to see places, or whether or not they are compatible at all. He knew people who are married, yet couldn't care less about the other person, and didn't want the same thing for his siblings, much less himself.

You're being fanciful there, kiddo. He chuckled at himself, shaking his head again before he began to form up expectations for his future spouse. Without knowing who his betrothed is, those thoughts are just not wise. He began to pay attention to his surrounding instead, and saw a short bridge. Interested, he crossed over, and found his little sister with another woman. He paused a little, but walk toward them. Due to his traveling, he doesn't get to see his other siblings a lot, and every time he come home, he would always have a little something for his brothers and sisters. Adela is the youngest daughter, and he does spoiled her a little. "Good day, Adele. Have you made yourself another friend?" He smiled, discretely studying the lady with his sister. She held herself aloof, and it would have make him think that she was shy except for the way her eyes seems to challenge everything around her. She is beautiful, to be sure, and the markings on her face was not something he had seen before, especially on women. Tattoo are not a foreign concept to him, seeing as he had saw soldiers have tattoos on them; and yet, he knew Maganda's country have strict rules for women, but to boldly mark her face, and defy what others might say......Thaiden smile a little, sensing a strong spirit. "Good day to you, my lady. How are you?"

{{OOC: Sorry, rushed post x_X}}
User Image
Jingfei Shao
Youngest Princess

•Adele's highly positive reaction to the garden idea made Jingfei smile, relieved that she did not mind the outdoors. In fact, she even let out a small giggle at Adele's comment, falling in beside the girl as they exited the library at a fast pace. She was not able to go nearly as fast as she would've liked, but Jingfei made sure to keep pace with the other princess. It seemed that Adele had a better grasp of where she was going than Jingfei herself, however. While she was good at navigating outdoors, Jingfei had never done well when it came to stone walls and confinement. This meant that her natural sense of direction tended to get slightly confused indoors. Just another reason for her to avoid such places at all costs, not that she needed any more. Freedom had been Jingfei's number one goal for many years now. When she was younger, her desire had always been for attention, but she had long since grown out of that phase and learned to resent the eyes that were constantly upon her. Perhaps this was why she felt herself so drawn to Adele. She seemed like a kindred spirit in wishing to escape the bonds that kept royals in their places. Jingfei was always happy to meet someone like that, especially someone who had been raised in a similar environment. At least, she assumed it was similar, though she doubted Adele's punishments had ever been as severe as her own. Perhaps Adele had just been better at handling it, though. Still, it was really none of her business. At the moment. They weren't close enough just yet for questions like that, and Jingfei wasn't sure she had the skill to ask such things in a way Adele would understand. So, she instead turned her attention to the entrance they were approaching, smiling as they finally exited the confines of the castle. She took a deep breath of the fresh air, happy to be where she felt more comfortable. Jingfei turned to Adele as she began to speak, smiling at her. "I love outdoors," Jingfei responded softly, choosing to avoid commenting on the whole mother thing. The look on Adele's face was all too familiar, and Jingfei knew that parents could be a sensitive subject. "Don't know flower names. Do you?" she asked, hoping Adele would not mind sharing such information with her. She'd always been interested in things like that, but, well, never had a chance to really learn. Just like with most things. And, as Adele had said, it was not viewed as a typically lady like activity.

Jingfei followed behind Adele, towards the path that led to the garden. It was a gorgeous place, and Jingfei stared around in wonder. Her time in the garden at home were where most of her happier memories took place, especially over the past couple months. It was one of the few places that she was allowed to go. With supervision, of course, but still more freedom than she was granted otherwise. Jingfei looked around at the flowers, noticing some that she recognized as native to Maganda, and some she had never seen before. There were butterflies about, and various other insects attracted to the sweet smell of the flowers. The sun was warming up the garden, and Jingfei tilted her head back slightly to enjoy it. There was nothing better than a nice day outside as far as she was concerned. Letting herself relax in the glow of the sun for a moment, Jingfei didn't notice when Adele sat down until she opened her eyes once more. With a slightly sheepish smile, Jingfei quickly moved to join Adele at the bench. For a moment it was quiet, but then. Adele began to speak, and she listened to the worries of the princess. It all sounded so terrifyingly similar to the thoughts that had been racing through her mind ever since she found out about the engagement. There was a strange mix of relief, sympathy, and fear brewing inside her. At least now she knew that she was not the only one harboring such thoughts. Jingfei turned to her new friend, hoping the look on her face could express all of this as she laid a hand on Adele's shoulder. "I know," Jingfei said quietly, "I feel the same." Not really a proper explanation of just how much Adele's worries resonated with her, but Jingfei smiled at the girl anyway. Hopefully, it was enough. She did not want Adele to think that she was trivializing her fears about this marriage, and what the future might hold. After all, she was right. Maganda's treatment of women was one of its larger flaws, and Adele could very well suffer as Jingfei had. She could only hope that whichever brother was betrothed to Adele, he would make sure that strong spirit was not crushed. Jingfei wasn't sure if any of her brothers would have such an inclination, however. She did not know them at all, and they had been raised as princes of Maganda. Who knew what they would view as acceptable? Well, I will protect her, if I must, Jingfei decided. Marrying one of Adele's brothers would give her more power than she'd held before, and surely her husband would wish to help his sister... Even if he did not, Jingfei would do whatever she could to make Adele's life happy. They had known each other for such a short time, but Jingfei could already feel the first stirrings of the fierce loyalty she could have for this woman. So long as Adele truly was who she seemed to be now, Jingfei would be true to her.

There was silence as the two women looked out at the world together, taking in the scenery. It was all so calming, giving no clue as to the tumultuous situation that was occurring at that very moment. A delicate balance that could be upset at any moment. But not, it seemed, this one. Instead, Adele began to speak again, and Jingfei listened, carefully set angling the words and piecing together their meanings. There were many questions, and she responded in her slow English, answering them in the order they'd been posed. "I hope for freedom, and I hope to like him," Jingfei replied with a smile, "Marriage is to end wars, not for fighting." She hesitated for a moment over the last words, debating how to respond. Still, in the end, there was really only way to go about it. "I have known it," Jingfei said, referring to the feeling of being just another person. The years she had spent in the countryside, no one had known her for who she truly was. "A freeing experience." There was really no other way to describe it. It had felt like a huge weight had been lifted, one that had been on her shoulders so long she had forgotten it was there until it was gone. To have no expectations if her, no one deciding what she should and should not do, no one trying to control her... It was something she did not mind suffering for, and all the punishments her father devised could not change her mind about that. Just then, another voice joined in, and Jingfei looked up to see a man approaching them. Judging by his greeting to Adele, she assumed this was another of the Donovan brothers, and another of her possible betrothed. He stood confidently, and Jingfei could feel his eyes on her, assessing what he could see. Yet there was no negativity there, nothing to say he disproved. Jingfei wondered if this brother had heard the story if the youngest princess, the one her father had set up to save face. Her supposed kidnapping, and 'rescue'. Still, it was doubtful, if he'd never been to Maganda. Jingfei did not know how much he knew of her country, or even if he knew the language, though she hoped he did. It would be nice to be able to speak with him comfortably. He seemed polite, at the very least, and willing to converse with her. Jingfei returned his smile, reserving her judgement until she got to know him better. "Good day," Jingfei said, her words coming slowly and clumsily, "I am well. And you?"
Having had his belongings taken by servants, Logan would make his way to the gates, to be greeted by on of the major servants and guards. He was asked to identify himself. He calmly speak up, answering them, "I am Logan Jericho, youngest of the Donovans." Satisfied by the answer, Logan would be allowed through. Having entered the castle grounds officially, he would begin making his way to the main doors, and would enter the palace, his eyes gazing about curiously. He hadn't seen any of his brethren yet. Given that was the case, he thought he may as well explore the palace. He would walk lightly but swiftly along a path through the palace, taking note of any rooms he could, while he attempted to find his way. He would listen out for any voices he might recognize, or any signs of talking. Of course, he still didn't know where his room was to be, so would have to ask someone here if he'd want to find any of his things. ((Short, I know.))

Desirable Sex Symbol

User Image
Å ɗ έ ʆ έ xxxxx ɗ ѻ ɴ ѻ ѵ ɑ ɴ

Ҭђҿ ϒσʊɳɢεʂȶ ɗѻɴѻѵɑɴ ɗɑʊɢђȶεя

wんo [ Jingfei, & Thaiden] xxxx wん乇尺乇 [The lovely garden, of course! ] xxxx イんougんイ丂 [ Thaiden! So good to see him! ] xxxx キ乇乇レノ刀g [Ecstatic ]

Adele listened as Jingfei answered her question after question. All Adele could do was listen. Hearing that Jingfei loved the outdoors just as much as she made Adele smile. 'Well now, the more I talk to her, the more I find we have stuff in common.' She could see Jingfei admiring the flowers and heard her ask her own question. Adele turned to look at the young woman before speaking. "I know some flowers name, but unfortunately not all. Not as well as the gardeners back at home." Adele continued to make her way and then finally Jingfei spoke once more. Well at least she had felt the same, Adele had to make sure she wasn't the only one after all. Sitting on the bench she listened a moment and could hear foot steps, and not long after a familiar face appeared. Thaiden had now shown up and she was excited with glee. She watched as he made her way over to them, and before long she heard him speaking to the both of them. Though she noticed right away that Thaiden seemed to have his eyes on Jingfei. A smirk then appeared on Adele's face but she said nothing as she heard the two begin to speak to one another. Though she did hear her brother speak to her. "Thaiden! It is good to see you! Oh how I've missed you! Of course I have brother, don't I always make friends?" Adele couldn't help but stand up and greet her brother by embracing him in a hug. After all he was one of her older brothers and she always did like to see him. Seconds later, she released him of her hug and a slight frown appeared on her face. "Brother, I see you've forgotten something. Where is my gift?" To any other person Adele might have sounded like a needy, or even whiny younger sibling, but Thaiden knew better. After all it was he who spoiled her rotten, and subconsciously a part of her knew she was wrapped around her older brothers finger.

OOC:
Major writer's block. sweatdrop stressed
I don't know if it's because I'm tired, or what... redface

ᾟέɍέ ȋʂ ɱɣ ----〖♡〗 ℌέᾰȓȶ 〖♡〗, ҏɍѻɱȋʂέ ɣѻʊ щѻɲˆȶ ⋙⋙ ℬȓέᾰҡ ȋȶ

Beloved Elder

11,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Alana Donovan

User Image

Alana took his arm allowing him to lead her as was expected of a lady of her country, of course she didn’t really care for many of those customs. The musings were cut short when he pulled her close and mentioned whispering and something about his father’s servants. She frowned and stepped away from him, letting him speak her brows furrowing together. As he spoke she leaned her weight on one foot cocking her hip out as she crossed her arms infront of her. It was a defensive stance, and she knew it. Intentionally did it. “I am here because it is not beneficial for my people to continue this war, I’ve seen the drain it’s been on the people in my country, plus the death toll. Do I believe this marriage is the only answer…no not really I’d much rather marry someone I cared about, but it doesn’t work that way in my country. I’ll be wed to the man with the most to offer my country, my choice or not. As for how to end the war, a good firm alliance would work just as well although it wouldn’t be as permanently binding as a slew of half Donovan half shao children.” She said bluntly.
She couldn’t deny that perhaps the emperor would use the Donovan’s presence to his advantage, kill them or possibly even try to ransom them. How sad that some had such standards.

((Sorry so short, I have writers block at the moment. Tiredness))

Wheezing Gawker

8,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
Thaiden Stenvar Donovan

The lady answered, her voice soft and slow, and the smile she gave him was reservedly polite. He wasn't sure what to make of it, beside the fact that there is more to this beauty. Everything about her seems to be contradicting; she stood proud, but spoke like a humble person; she is breathtaking, but doesn't seem to be aware of it; her demeanor seems gentle, but the fire burns bright in her eyes, and unspoken words seems to hide on those soft lips, waiting to be heard. She is a mystery, and he was intrigued. He want to talk to her more, to know more than just the surface of her.

Thaiden was interrupted from speaking to her when his sister hugged him in greeting. He hugged her back, letting go when she does. She had a sparkle in her eyes, more than usual, and he raise an eyebrow at her, wondering what she is up to. Every time they see each other, Adele's enthusiasm cheered him up and gladden his heart, it was no wonder that he made sure to have her gift on hand; this time was no different, though he gently flicked her forehead, pretending offence. "Adele, I'm starting to think you love the presents I brings more than you love me." He chided, but grinned and pat her head affectionately. "But have no fear, I know my place." He said, fishing in his trousers' pocket and took out a flat square box that is just one knuckle wide, letting her open it. Inside it is a tiny portrait of her resting with birds singing to her. The painting was small, but it is very detailed. A friend of his was starting on a new career, and he thought he could show support by commissioning this piece; it cost a small fortune, but it give him something to give to Adele and gave his friend a headstart for a short while. A win-win situation.

As he watch his sister open her present, it occurred to him that he had been paying close attention to the young woman, but didn't know her name. This is easily remedied. He smiled, turning his attention back her. "My lady, may I ask for your name?" He asked, trying on his most charming smile and watching her reaction curiously. "Please call me Thaiden. As you can guess, I'm her brother." Chuckling, he turned sideway to Adele with a warm look; then it occurred to him why Adele was looking at him strangely earlier. Could Adele detected my interest in the lady earlier? He raised an eyebrow at his sister before turning back to the lady. His guess is that since she is here keeping his sister company, she is one of the Princesses from Maganda. The thought cheered him up even more, and the urge to have her speak openly to him grew stronger. Though he wasn't sure how to go about it, haven't actually encountered Maganda women before; the culture is different from his own, and from what he heard of the rules here, that women aren't supposed to talk a lot. A silly rule to him, but if it is so, he might have to work on getting her to be comfortable with him. After all, this arrangement was so that they get to know the other side of the world.

Marriage. The word hit him again like a ton of brick. Here he is thinking of something else and distracted again, when his purpose here was to meet his betroth and hope that they will get along somehow. He wished he had enough time to extract more information about this arrangement from his mother, but his father had his things packed up and send him on his way before he had a chance to talk to his mother. It was a little strange to him, and the King's action told him that his father had something to hide. What that is, he doesn't know, though he intend to find out soon enough. He had hoped the King would change his mind before, but now he doesn't think of this as a bad thing at all, might even be a chance for him to find someone to share his adventures with. Those thoughts make him look at the lady in front of him warmly, wondering.......He clears his throat, cutting off his strand of thoughts before they stray too far. He have a habit of getting lost in his thoughts, but he knew well enough which direction he should go, and which ones he shouldn't. This, though, might not be a bad thing.

Noticing that he was staring at her too intently, he blinked, and smiled apologetically. "Apologies, my lady. I didn't mean to stare. Those markings on your face, they are very interesting. May I ask if they have any meaning? Or are they decorations that the women of this country wears?" His question was voiced with a lot of curiosity, as his eyes traces the lines.

User Image

Shao Dai Feng
~Second Prince of Maganda~

Dai pulled his gray cloak closer around his body as the wind picked up through the trees. He had been riding for hours, but still even, he needed to rest sometimes. The Summer Palace was not an easy distance from his previous location. It had been in fact fortunate that he had even received the Emperor’s summoning to the Palace. He had had three other possible locations in Maganda, and there was a slight chance that he might have been on the border of Dirkshorn. Dai assumed that the Emperor had merely sent as many messages to his possible locations in the country, but honestly how was he supposed to follow through with his missions if he was being drawn into more court intrigue. He clearly had too much time on his hands. He sighed to himself, how was he ever supposed to be prompt if he was expected to be 100 leagues in one direction and then another in half the time? Fly? The Emperor must be a sadist, he decided. The messenger he had encountered had been one of the idiotic ones who believed every word that came from the man’s lips to be sacred. How could one man be divine? His entire life revolved around the fact that man was not. Dai had had to spout such offhand dramatics that it had left a bad taste in his mouth. The message had not made it any better. A summons to cross the country in just over a fortnight for this marriage game the Emperor had decided to play. Dai scowled at the thought of it, having to act the puppet to the Emperor was one of the banes of his existence, but here he was.

He had traveled for 5 days riding Xīngguāng, a grey dappled mare, his sole companion on his journeys. Dai had managed to situate himself on one of the surrounding cliffs overlooking the palace. It was a suitable place to watch the arrival of the guests unseen. He lounged against a tree, and prepared himself for the time ahead. He tried to sleep, but found himself caught in his thoughts. Yes- this was a dreaded task from the Emperor. Yes- it involved many pointless things. But- he caught himself thinking- it will be the first chance to see his siblings altogether in ages. He ran a hand through his silver hair, hair that had once been black, but had dramatically changed over the years as his life changed. He found himself re-braiding his longer strands as he watched the night sky change to the dappled gray of morning. He ignored the cold, despite the fact that it was a chill night that turned into a chilly morning he paid it no heed. The first guest had arrived, and he could clearly see that it was Jai. Dai had expected no less. As he had traveled here, his mind had turned to predictions, considerations of what the future would hold. The only constant he had assumed was that if he made it there in time, that other than himself, Jai would arrive first. This was probably to set up house, Jai was a most expert hostess, and always punctual. The rest trickled in slowly, mostly carried in carriages, or like his brother on horseback. The two Donovan brothers he saw arrive matched their descriptions from distance, as did the sisters. He was surprised to see his sister Jingfei rush out into the garden hand in hand with one of the Donovan girls shortly after her arrival. It had been far too long since he had last interacted with her, but he had known that she had of late been closed off from others of late. He had been unable to devote time to discovering if that was her preference or an enforcement. His brother was as stoic as always, arriving in full armor, never dropping his guard as Dai realized he never could his.

His second-oldest sister had yet to arrive to the palace, he observed. Surprisingly the crown prince of Dirkshorn was not present either. He wondered if he should delay his entrance to palace any longer, but found that as the day crept on, that it would be best if he could get himself situated before noon. Besides, he found a satisfied grin creeping into his face- a hot bath awaited him there. As this thought quickly had him gathering his few possessions back into Xīngguāng’s saddlebags, his hand rested briefly upon his dao. His sensed a presence, one whose attention was not directed upon him, but at least half a mile away. He finished stowing away his things, and found himself at least grateful that he should have proper clothing for his role. ‘Would not want your dear nomad son to show up in rags would you, my loving father?’

Seeing that his gun (a Chinese staff) and qiang (a Chinese spear) was strapped securely to his saddle he finally headed down towards the Summer Palace. It was not until half way down his cliff that he realized with a depreciating smirk, that he had not even considered his future partner. His thoughts tended to develop elsewhere, and neglected things that had a personal impact upon himself. Dai did not consider his marriage to be of much importance, because he was not really a Shao. Strangely, he felt himself wanting to laugh. He was born a b*****d of nobility, but now would be marrying into royalty, Dai found the irony of his situation amusing.

He cantered into palace entry, slowing Xīngguāng to a walk. Dai found his expression of ironic mirth to suit his current situation, even if it meant playing the eccentric. He lifted the hood of his cloak down to rest upon his shoulders as he asked for directions to the stables. The servant politely directed him, but gazed at him skeptically. He grinned down at the man, tilting his head in a way he knew most found appealing, “I am Prince Shao Dai, a pleasure to be in your care.” He watched the man’s eyes widen as he quickly bowed, the wandering prince had actually made his way to the palace! He directed his mare in the direction indicated and dismounted to walk her in. After he found out which room was his he could finally enjoy a hot bath!

Logan would wonder the palace for a bit, not really hearing much that he could discern as who he was looking for. He would meet splitting hallway after hallway, taking a different direction each time as he sought to understand the layout. It certainly had some similarities to their own home. Yet the differences, not just in decoration and style, were rather apparent. He would come across several dead ends, finding hallways set with rooms, and even a staircase heading up. However, he decided against moving to a new level for the time being.
He would continue on his way, trying to figure out the path he should take, in some cases finding himself backtracking. Eventually, however, he would turn down a hallway, only to find what appeared to be his eldest sister, Alana, and a man he did not recognize, conversing in a whispered tone. What they spoke of, he did not yet overhear, but he would slowly approach, his white cloak partially hiding his face. He slowly spoke up,
"Sister? It is good to see you alive and well here." He was a bit nervous, glancing to the man beside her. It had always been difficult for him to deal with new people directly.

Company: none but approaching Alana and Masaiwao

Beloved Elder

11,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Alana Donovan

User Image

Alana turned at the sound of a familiar voice and smiled at her younger brother. He was a bit eccentric but she love him just the same, besides wasn’t she a bit odd herself she glanced to the Shao prince as if to tell him they could continue the conversation later if he felt the need to really continue it. That would be his decision. Her posture relaxed as she turned towards her brother again “ Well it’s good to see you too, Logan, how was your trip? “ She said then tilted her head in thought “ We were heading out to the gardens if you’d like to join us. This is Masaiwao Shao, the eldest prince. Prince Masa, this is my youngest brother Logan.” She said introducing the two rather informally but considering what Masa had just said to her she didn’t feel much of a need to be formal. In all honesty he’d made is sound like not only did he not want to marry, but he wanted to continue the blasted war, she was willing to give up everything to end.

That thought had her ready to lash out, but she hid the urge well behind her easy smile. Instead she focused her attention elsewhere, on her brother, the décor, and simply learning the lay out. It would take her a bit of time to figure out where everything was. Maids moving in and out of a hallway ahead told her that was likely either the maid’s quarters or a servant’s entrance for something or another. She tilted her head curiously allowing her mind to latch onto that rather than her irritation.

((Time skip will be in one hour be prepared! biggrin ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff