Hey-o! We're now open!
Harry_Break_Free

King Hastur
------------
------------
------------
User Image

You've summoned me here------------------------What once is sacrificed,
that cannot be changed------------------------can never be regained.

User Image

St.Christopher's was a massive, intimidating building. Brick with great barreled columns of granite supporting various terraces gave the medical facility the look of a great palace or manor, as opposed to a hospital for the sick or mentally insane. The heads of Behind the Veil had been eyeing up the location for years--- ever since they were founded, really--- but only now aquired a team they felt was well-suited enough to brave the old building and do a thorough investigation.
"This is the case that's going to bring us the recognition we need! We'll be as big as the best ghost hunters around. We might even get sponsored for a TV show, then we can really afford to travel!"

"Please do not focus on fame and fortune; nothing but disappointment will find you, at the end of the road.." Ethan would frown, his light, if not refined and sophisticated British accent shining amongst the various American accents littered about him. "In any case, I believe I ought to go. Dante's a bit too laid-back, and unprofessional. If we want to get the information we need for this case, I should be the one to do it."

"Ethan has a point, he is our lead demonologist; he's basically written books on the things for years."

"Aye, I believe he is a good candidate for the job, yes." Sam--the lead investiator and head of superstitions and urban legends-- would recline, rubbing his beard in thought. "But who will we appoint as the psychic? Bonita Elle is scared stiff, but all our other psychics are out on cases. If we want to send the team out now, while the weather is still mild, we would have to send her. Would her heart be good enough for this?"

"We need to give her a chance. Let her prove herself, here..I can tell she's gifted, she has a slew of untapped potential." Ethan smiled gently, shaking his head. "You're all too afraid to let her spread her wings, and see what she's fully capable of. Give her the job, I say.. if things get bad, I can call here and request to send her back once we get another psychic to replace her, even if it's an apprentice or a temporary stand-in."

"... Aie, alright. You have a point; it is now or never, no? Perhaps she will reach fortune and fame with us, yes? She is quite cute, that is always a plus, to the media."

User Image

------------
------------
------------

Ethan would pull up to the site in question, and would park beside the main equipment van. Turning the car off, he'd take his things and exit the vehicle. It looked like most had arrived, by now. That was good, he loved a crew that showed up early to the job site.

Approaching the group of people, he would smile and wave to familiar and new faces alike. "Hello, hello~! Good evening, everyone, I'm glad you all could make it. Are you as excited as I am? We finally got a team together to look into this gorgeous place." He smiled, British accent light and sophisticated. He was a gentle man by nature, always kind and welcoming to every soul he came across. "I'm your team's demonologist, my name is Ethan Bennet. I've been with the company since the start. If you have any questions or concerns, let's get those out of the way before we set foot inside, yes? We'll be communicating via walkies while inside, in case we get split up, but considering the size and state of the building, I would like it if we could try to stick together. I don't know how stable the structure is, and I'm afraid of someone getting hurt via some freak accident." He frowned momentarily, but smiled shortly afterwards.

"Now, my job is to do my best to identify and address any possible demonic threats, and if you come across something of manevolent nature, please let me know so I can put down the proper warding seals. I'll be putting a few general warding charms around the area with white chaulk, so we can erase them later before we leave. If anybody wants me to teach them what to draw and offer them a stick of chaulk, I can make reference sheets for those interested. Now, any ah, questions or concerns, before we're off? Do any of you know one another?"

Cataclypsa's Partner In Crime

Rare

User Image

Tame the ghosts in my head
That run wild and wish me dead

So you're telling me there's nothing wrong with my daughter?

Yes, Willa. I'm telling you that there's nothing wrong with our daughter.

Did you even listen to her for a single moment, Byou?! She said she heard MY MOTHER tell her that she wished I was dead instead of her! Because I deserve it more! Are you sure that isn't our daughter lashing out at me because I didn't buy her those awful clothes she wanted?

Willa, I swear, woman... You don't even know Noelle if you think she'd ever be upset because she didn't get what she wanted. I'd buy it for her anyways if I found out! Why? Because that money you spend, Willa? That's my money, and I'm sick and tired of hearing you put her down!

Ugh! You always get her what she wants!

Because she deserves it! And you wanna know something, Willa? She did see your poor mother. It's a trait of the Kojima's that dates back for generations! She's like me, Willa.

Oh GREAT. Another crack-pot psychic running around in my house!

MY HOUSE, WILLA. This is my house, and you can get the hell out of it. I'm done. I'm really done.

Oh, REALLY then, Byou?! Well, I'm not leaving without my daughter!

Ohhhh no you don't. You get out now. Noelle stays. Take me to court if you wanna, Willa, but she's not leaving this house. Don't you even think about going upstairs. Now you get out of here before all of this negative energy of yours rots my house into a deeper oblivion.

My daughter, Byou!

...For the last time, Willa. She's our daughter.

{{{That night, after my Dad officially called it quits with my Mom, I was just seven-years-old. That was when my life became... interesting. That was when my path down the road of a Medium really began. And, if I might add, I kind of wish I could be a little bit more brave. I think it'd make my profession a little bit less taxing!}}}

Behind the Veil , noun;
                                                                          An independent paranormal investigation firm often separated into teams. They seek the unknown and look for answers to the unexplained.

The look on Noelle's porcelain face as she took in the sight of Saint Christopher's Medical Facility was flawless. Her chin hung low, her blue eyes wide as saucers. The smallest, drawn out whisper of the word 'wow' filled the silence around the cars. She had just woken up from her nap, you see, and it always did take her a moment to notice whatever it was in front of her.

"So this is it, hm?" Her pale lips would finally murmur, holding her messenger bag loosely in her free hand as she gawked. The brick building stood four stories tall with an attic that was visibly spacious. The roman columns which held up the terraces only emphasized how large the building was, and as Noelle allowed her curious gaze to travel up to the peak of the hospital's tower, she could almost feel vertigo upon her. "S-so pretty, and so very large..."

Shaking her mess of flaxen tresses, Elle chased the dizzying feeling away and instead sought out the attention of others. It seemed to be a new crew she was working with this time, but there were a few names she'd heard of. One of which belong to the Demonologist: Ethan Bennett.

She'd heard of Mr Bennett during her last excursion, from a fellow Demonologist named Dante-- just Dante. He had said something along the lines of: 'Yeah, good guy. Dun' worry, Lil'Elle. Y'be fine. I got'a different place I gotta be, y'see. Meetin' up wit' a gal of mine for some cherry pie. Maybe when y're ol' enough I'll take y'fer some, too. But until then, darlin', I got a bombshell of a babe waitin' on me.'

So, with that being said, Noelle realized she knew next to nothing of this new Demonologist aside from the fact he was a 'good guy,' and the fact that Mr. Dante had had some weird fascination with cherry pie. Cherry pie was good and all, but was he really serious to think that she was too young to have a slice? Did pie come with a certain age restriction? DID SHE BREAK IT?! A deep sigh poured from her lungs and she turned to face the group. A hand lifted, waved, then brought itself back to the strap of her messenger bag as she took a step forward.

"Uhm..." She paused, looking a bit timid as she struggled to find the right words to say. "Hi!...."

Then came another pause as she looked over to the building once more, her face soon becoming devoid of all of its confusion. The feeling of dread hit her like a brick wall: her stomach sank and her heart seemed to freeze. Even those sapphire eyes of hers lost their shine, and the corners of her pale lips succumbed to gravity. It was unlike any feeling she had ever experienced before, and slowly her heart began to slowly climb to a racing rhythm. This was bad, but that was why they were there: They were there to discover what truly happened in that abysmal place, to provide answers.

Ethan seemed calm as a cucumber, and that did bring some comfort. Dante had been loud and noisy to work with, which sometimes was more stressful than helpful. It would have been nice

"Nice to meet you, Ethan... I'm Noelle-- well, Noelle Kojima. B-but you all can call me Elle! I'm the appointed Medium for this survey, and I look forward to working with all of you... I've been with the company for two years now, and I promise to communicate as much information as I can gather in an attempts that we can actually understand what happened inside this place..."

Noelle would continue only after glancing at everyone in the vacinity-- but only because she thought she had to. "...Really pretty building, though... Eh..heh.."

Her voice had been soft and awfully monotone as compared to when she first had spoken, but one could easily conjoin her sudden change of emotion after hearing her profession. It was a difficult thing to manage, that peculiar set of inner senses she carried, but ease would come in time-- or, at least she had hoped it would.

Quotable Genius

User Image

Julian D'Arco
                                      __________________________________________________________________________________

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"I don't want to talk about it mom."

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"What do you mean you don't want to talk about it Julian! There's cuts and bruises all over your arm!"

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Leave it alone mom, you ask every time."

Tap. Tap. T- "JULIAN!" Smack.

"I'm going now mom. I have to go. You know I have to go. I have to go."

Bang. The door flew open. "Get out of my house, Will."

"Rachel."

"GET OUT!" She screamed. The kitchen knives shot out from the kitchen and each one hit the man's chest. Julian impassively stared at the scenario. The man's body fell backwards and disappeared before it hit the ground. He turned his head back to his mom, Rachel. Her eyes were wide in fear. "What's...what just happened!" She yelled looking at Julian who was the only one to stay cool.

"Mom. You're dead. You're a poltergeist ghost with amnesia. But the one good thing about your soul staying on earth is that every time you replay this scene, I can tell you that I love you." Julian gave a small sad smile. His mom reached for his face and he felt a cold breeze where she tried to touch him.

She gave her own small smile. "I love you too, Julian." She began to fade. "Have you ever told me about the injuries though?" Julian shook his head no before she fully faded. "Though one day, I will." he promised to himself. Glancing at the clock on his oven, it read three AM. He wouldn't be able sleep so he decided to go to his lab instead.

xXx

Julian had to give some credit, Saint Christopher's Medical Facility looked amazing. The building was huge, and at the same time he worried. He knew it would take him quite a while to adjust, so he purposely arrived two hours early. He stepped out his car. Driving there was hard enough, but now? His hand was jittering next to his head moving back and forward quickly.

his hand jittered violently making it look like he was trying to shake something off his hand, but in reality he was adjusting to the building that stood in front of him. He stood at the entrance for a good ten minutes before looking around. No one had made it there yet, it was twenty minutes before they were supposed to arrive. That gave him some time to adjust, but not too much. Grabbing his bag, he walked around the building once so he'd have an idea of what the inside might look like. Arriving back at his truck, he grabbed his duffle bag and sat in the back, with the back side dropped open, waiting for the others.

He began to ponder about his team. He began to tab his finger on his leg, a nervous habit. The only person he was aware of was the Demonologist, Ethan. Originally, Julian worked solo. It made the work more dangerous, and far more grueling, but he did it. He just found it easier. Especially with his pretty bad social skills. He wasn't a people person and he wasn't instantaneously going to become a great one.

His father's death had occurred in discovering that his mother was a poltergeist. Shortly after that discovery, and her hiding his body from the police, she killed herself. It was too much stress for her. Julian swore he wouldn't let that happen to people, not while he could do something about it. He started researching and discovering what he could about the unexplainable. Finding out what actually worked and what didn't resulted in the scars and bruises all over his body. Soon enough he was interfering with the government. The deal was he'd have to work on a team.

It was either that or get charged and put into jail.

So of course, Julian chose the former. He wasn't waiting for much longer before everyone had arrived. His hand was still hovering next to his head twitching and occasionally moving back and forth, but it was much more calm than it had been earlier. He didn't bother to initiate conversation either, he only spoke when spoken to.

"If any freak accidents do occur though, or anything, let me know. I'm your resident genius/dictionary. I also went to med school and all that so I do have some materials and experience." He commented. "I'm Julian D'Arco. Call me Priest unless you want an instantaneous problem with me. I don't know any of you guys so, fun~" He sarcastically noted about not knowing anyone. He knew it wasn't the best way to make friends, but he wasn't here to make friends and get into relationships. It was to find out what the problem was and to prevent it from hurting anyone, case and point. Seeing how everyone mentioned how long they've been in the company, he quickly added on "I haven't been in the company, but since I treaded in the wrong waters I got roped into this, because it was either group work or jail. And Ethan, I'd love a piece of chalk and some reference sheets. I don't do demons. I've had my fair share of surprise attacks in my life."

'A friend wouldn't hurt you know.' Julian heard a voice. His mother's. His eyes widened. He never heard her other than the time everyday where his father's death by his mother replays. His eyes flew up to Elle. She was there medium for their group. Maybe she was somehow channeling her...? Julian shrugged it off. It probably was just his subconscious or something along the lines.

"Hopefully we won't have to wreck it." Julian added on to Elle's comment about the building. Julian stood, ready to go, with his supplies in his duffle bag at hand.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Priest

Welcoming Fairy

8,900 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
User ImageєℓιϨє ɃιϨҺσρ

----------ღ----------✗

This was not what she had in mind when she had signed up for this. Sure, she had expected some rickety old building, crumbling into oblivion where it stood, but not this. This, was intimidating. This looked like it was haunted by the devil or a family of poltergeists. Elise sat her equipment down on the smooth pavement, something that must have been maintained over the years, then sat herself down in the mess, rubbing her face. She had to go in. She had to convince herself that this was like every other investigation she'd ever done, and the outside was meant to look intimidating. Elise groaned into her hands. Why did she choose this as a profession? Why hadn't she chosen something less...scary? Something like a Teacher, or a Police officer. Those were exciting enough in their own way weren't they? Right?

Elise's eyes wandered over to the group a mere foot away from her doing subtle introductions. One man, Ethan, seemed to be the head of the entire thing, and she had to admit, he was younger than she'd imagined. So far, she seemed to be the odd one out. She knew no one here, and she was rather timid and quiet, something she felt needed to change. Elise took in a deep breath, stood herself up and maneuvered herself around her things over to the group. Like she wanted to wander over to them with her arms full of bags and camera equipment. That'd be insane, and there'd be no way to shake hands with everyone. Plus, it wasn't that far away either, so it wasn't like she couldn't rush over to it if someone started investigating the pile.

Everyone who was talking looked...well...young, as far as Elise was concerned. There were a few individuals who looked older than thirty, but the rest looked around her age. And of course, she'd missed their names. Besides Ethan's who was loud and in charge, which was perfect for a leader. Elise pressed her lips together, swallowed, then turned to Ethan. At least she would be able to talk to him, knowing his name of course.

"Hi, I'm Elise." She started, holding out her hand. "I'm the brains behind the camera. You said you were a demonologist? I've never got the pleasure to work with someone in that field before, so I'm very excited to see how you work. I-I mean, how you do your job, not, like...how you work." Elise stuttered, realizing what she'd said sounded out of context. She furrowed her brows at herself. What a way to make an introduction. Especially when it looked as though someone else was talking to him. "Oh, sorry, you were here first! My apologies!"

ⓄⓄⒸ::
                                          [[If any of my colours or font sizes are hard to read, please let me know and I will change them! And I look forward to RPing with everyone! Also, I may be a little rusty at times, as I had about a year break from rping, but I promise I will try my hardest to make it easy to rp off of me biggrin ]]
                                                                        ✗--------------------Camera
------------
------------
------------
User Image

You've summoned me here------------------------What once is sacrificed,
that cannot be changed------------------------can never be regained.

User Image

Ethan, surrounded by his teammates, was a man who was able to address multiple questions and people at once. He'd smile, noting Elle's nervousness, and nodded, glancing back at the building. "Indeed it is pretty! It's been around for over a hundred years; incredible how old architecture can withstand the test of time. A lot of things made in the modern day crumble so fast, in comparison.." He frowned, and scribbled something down on his notepad in permanent marker, before tearing it off and handing it to her.(1) "Here, take this. There's no need to be so nervous; everyone is here to help one another, right?" He smiled, nodding a bit. "If you ever feel worried, just look at that; it'll help, I'm sure."

He'd take out a pen, starting to sketch out the different symbols that would be of use to Priest, trying to make them as clear and simple as possible for him. "Now, Priest, these are still very basic warding runes, if you need anything more complex, you'll have to call me over. If the complex ones aren't drawn correctly, they're useless, and I don't want anyone to be put at unnecessary risks. You said you have medical training, yes? What are you able to treat, and what might be outside of your abilities? Surely I'm hoping nothing serious like a broken bone or whatnot should happen here, if everyone is careful and attentive, but accidents do happen.. I want to know when I should call an ambulance for treatment. Of course, I'm probably being paranoid, but I think one can never be too prepared!" He smiled, offering Priest the few leaflets of paper with his notes, and two pieces of sidewalk chalk wrapped in tissue paper; to prevent unseemly smearing and chalk dust on his clothes, when they're stored.

"And miss Elise, there's really no harm done. Demonologists are either frauds, misproperly reported upon, or vague in their work details." He shrugged, shaking his head. "It just comes with the job, I suppose. If you have any questions feel free to ask; I'll try to explain in as little or as much detail as you'd prefer." He nodded, humming a bit, as he looked over at the last few members of the team. "It's nice to be out investigating again; it's been a few months since I was out on the scene. You can ask me as much as you wish as we wander in; do you all have a brief understanding of the story of this place? It's had quite the history; be it truth or speculated.."

Delegara
WreckingHavoc
xSusurrus

References:
(1)
User Image
User ImageUser Image
═Current Outfit═

“Why does Nana have to go?” a nine-year-old Ryder looked up to his mother with solemn eyes.

“Sweetie, don't you want Nana to go to Heaven?” she comforted him, her arm wrapped around her little boy.

Avoiding her question, Ryder looked away from her and at an elderly woman with silvery hair in a long, white nightgown. She stood over his father who sat in a circle with three other men, all priests, as they joined hands and read from an old, leather bound book.

She wasn't really his Nana, but since Ryder and his family had moved into their little, Maine home two years ago, she had watched over them. It started with little things—Nana would turn lights on and off, make her rounds at night, the floorboards creaking under her, and gently touch their hair every once in a while.

Nana was a kind, benevolent woman, sitting by Ryder's and his sisters' bedsides as they drifted to sleep and turning the hall light on for them if they needed the bathroom or a glass of water in the middle of the night. Slowly, she began showing herself to Ryder and his sisters, smiling lovingly to them from the end of hallways or at the bottom of the stairs. Though they never saw her as a threat, his parents had felt it was best for her if she let go and passed on. They wanted peace for Nana.

But now, looking over her own exorcism, Nana looked anything but at peace. She seemed distraught, shaking her head at them. A small white light began to glow in her chest, and in those last few moments, she looked straight at Ryder with sad blue eyes and a small whisper rang in his ears.

“I wanted to protect you...” And she was gone.

That night, a tall, looming shadow stood at the end of Ryder's bed.

Deep scratches began appearing on him and his sisters.

Doors slammed for no reason.

Plates were thrown across the kitchen.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ryder looked up from the 3 inch LED screen of his hand held camera. He couldn't help but feel so small in the presence of this beautiful yet somber premises. Stepping back some, he peered at St. Christopher through his camera again, the building filling the LED screen easily. He had already filmed some establishing shots on his way up the long, winding drive way, but they had asked him to shoot some dramatic cut away fillers as well.

This artistic crap, it wasn't in his job description, but being only 23 and fresh out of college, he didn't protest. Ryder felt lucky just being selected for this investigation, considering how under qualified he was compared to the other selections.

Ryder glanced over his shoulder as a young man began speaking, his confidence and tone suggesting that he was the lead in this operation. Ryder quickly turned his camera off and joined the group that had gathered around this man, Ethan Bennett, as he had introduced himself, and that trend traveled around the circle until it came to him. There was a moment of silence before he realized he was in the spot light.

“Oh...” he jolted to attention. The others had seemed impressive in their skills, and also quite serious. He had been fairly popular in high school and college, but here—here he was the black sheep. “Uh...Ryder Callahan. I'm a Sagittarius,” he joked, or tried anyway, “no, uh, I'm the camera guy,” he gestured at Elise, “so I guess you and I will be working together. Right on. Uh, I'm also the IT guy, so if any of you cross your wires, I'll come and uncross them for you and charge you forty bucks for it. I take checks.” he paused, giving a toothy smile, “Oh, I'm also a bit of a folklore enthusiast, so I'll take those symbols and chalk, too. Can never be to careful, right chief?”

As the others continued on talking, Ryder peered back at St. Christopher's, checking out of the conversation for a moment as he admired the lovely, eerie aura she gave off. His fingers twitched, thinking about getting inside and exploring those winding halls and numerous rooms.

A smile crept across his face; night would fall soon, and then the real work would begin. He was ready. So ready. That need for adventure itched.

“So...” he turned back to the others, “When'll we be headin' inside to set up?”

Was that too abrupt, he wondered? That eager smirk still plastered on his face suggested he really didn't care if it was or not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff