Welcome to Gaia! ::

When did you first start RPing on Gaia?(PS, No Pollwhore Option)

2003 0.13846153846154 13.8% [ 9 ]
2004 0.10769230769231 10.8% [ 7 ]
2005 (Deceit joined this year!) 0.13846153846154 13.8% [ 9 ]
2006 (Ferret joined this year!) 0.13846153846154 13.8% [ 9 ]
2007 0.13846153846154 13.8% [ 9 ]
2008 0.046153846153846 4.6% [ 3 ]
2009 0.061538461538462 6.2% [ 4 ]
2010 0.10769230769231 10.8% [ 7 ]
2011 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 5 ]
2012 0.046153846153846 4.6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 65 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

The colorful lights blinded and the music deafened. The press of bodies around him pushed him this way and that. It was impossible to get anywhere trying to fight his way through the crowd and he soon gave up trying to force his way through. He tried to move with the flow of the group but even this was slow going.

Eventually he made his way to the bar and sat down heavily. I'm getting too old for this s**t... He thought to himself as he ordered a drink. The bartender set his drink in front of him and Vincent tipped his glass back, emptying it in one long draught. He slammed his glass down and sighed contentedly.

He could feel the eyes of several others at the bar staring at him but he didn't care. He knew he stood out but it didn't matter. He doubted there was any kind of information he could dig up in a place like this. not with so much excitement going on. He lit up cigarette and ordered another drink. It was gonna be a long night.

Partying Lunatic

1,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Ben "Cybrax" Slate
Psychokinesist.

Ben ha finished his water and was about to journey back to the dance floor, when his eyes caught wind of the supposed strange one roaming his hall. He even had the pleasure of sitting at his bar. 'What is a guy like that doing here? He doesn't even look like he's enjoying himself...let's take a peek.' And with that, Ben invaded the man's mind just for a moment. He had to stop himself from laughing. But then he grew cross. It was clear this man was here for another reason. And it was obviously suspicious. So he decided he would find out what this mans true purpose was. He waved to the barmaid once more, and was given another glass of water. He pulled his mask up once more and walked up to the man, tapping him on the shoulder once, his eyes void of emotion.

"To old is right.." Ben rose his voice so the man could hear him clearly. This guy had an odd look to him. He was a detective of some sort. The clothing, the eyes, almost everything about him screamed, I am detecting. And this was an annoyance. He turned hoping he had gotten the mans attention and pointed upwards towards his glass VIP room, and started towards the stair case. Waving for the man to fallow him.

Vincent couldn't be bothered to look surprised. Vincent's dossier had mentioned he was born to psychics, so it was no surprise the man's powers continued along those lines. It was a tad irritating though. Having his mind invaded felt like an intrusion of privacy, not to mention downright rude.

Vincent stood up and followed the man, fervently hoping this wouldn't lead to trouble. The last thing he needed to do was piss off Xavier less than a day after they had met.
Evil Random Ferret
User Image
Tessa The Shapeshifter

-~-{[( Emotion is a Monster in Disguise )]}-~-

Tessa heard and absorbed the woman's words, the woman's question, but found her mind struggling to tick. There was simply too much going on, and she needed out of the place. Tessa grabbed the woman's hand with her own, which was now coated in a thick mucus-membrane. The texture was gross, but the purpose the same as any other mucus, to protect from foreign contaminants. Tessa hoped the mucus would keep her hormone free as she pulled the girl along behind her, not without a forcefulness to it. She went through the crowd, around the brawl, and out the exit. Once in the street, with the rain falling all around, she stopped, and let the mucus absorb back through her pale skin. Her eyes changed back to a deep brown, and she turned to the woman, her mind coming back to full power.

"I don't have any one place. I live in the den of my prey." Tessa's mind wondered on how many different homes she'd lived in, tricking its inhabitants into thinking she were a father, lover, wife, or child. Consuming them in the night. Leaving the house empty for weeks, or months, until someone came to investigate why rent wasn't being payed. It was Tessa's way. Deep inside, a cauldron of minds stirred as she reflected over their pasts, over their memories, but she quickly closed the lid on such a thing. "Do you need a place to stay? Bill had a 'pad' not far from here. He keeps the key under a mat. There is one bed, it has silk, and the entire place smells of lavender because he sprays a particular spray every morning to keep it that way." Bill was the man Tessa had just consumed. His mind stirred in the cauldron, fresh and willful. It would soon subside, like the rest.

Faith had to give the girl props for resourcefulness, but Faith could never live such a nomadic lifestyle, she was far too used to being pampered. She had means of procuring money whever she wanted it, but there was hardly often a necessity due to her few targets being so well endowed. With her powers it was easy to steal the hearts of old wealthy members of society. Although, when she showed up at the funeral procession to receive the money left to her in their wills it was admittedly very awkward interacting with the family. Although, if my millionaire husband left all his money to some scarlet red haired, voluptuous woman whose name she had never even heard, she supposed she would be a little confused too.

"Impressive," she laughed warmly and shook her head slightly. She wondered why Tessa was in such a rush to avoid the expanding conflict within the rave. Faith wanted to stay and watch it escalate, to roll over with laughter at the sight of the police foolishly trying to quell the flood of hormonal youths. She held fast to the girls hand, though the texture she found there was less than pleasant but she assumed it was an attempt to block the effects of her pheromones. Faith considered testing the theory, but she had scared, maybe not scared but certainly startled the girl enough for the night of their first meeting.

"I am able to offer you a much more permanent situation if you are willing. Your lifestyle sounds exciting, but I am not one to wake up in the beds of strangers everyday. On occasion granted of course, but I have an apartment all of my own with more than enough room for a guest or two."

Partying Lunatic

1,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Ben "Cybrax" Slate
Psychokinesist.

Ben turned his head back once, making sure the man had fallowed. Good, he had. Once atop the staircase, he opened the door and waited for the man to go through. Once he had, he closed it behind himself, the noise of the club turning into just a small thump in the background. He moved himself towards his leather couch, and waved for the man to take a seat. He placed his water onto the table, and outstretched his arm. Within a second the bottle of bourbon flew out of the cabinet along with a glass, and gently placed themselves on the table."Help yourself...." Ben sat down and narrowed his eyes at the man, inspecting him. His gold eyes scrutinizing him.

"It's odd....But I find my self rather curious why an old man like yourself is here in my club. I assuming you are in the mid 30's range...And the oldest I normally get are in the upper 20's." He pulled the gas mask down and let it hang loosely around his neck, a frown etched into his features."Furthermore. You weren't quite enjoying yourself. And more.. You are not surprised to my knowledge. Or more along the lines...Your knowledge...Might I inquire as to why you are here?? Quite frankly I wish not to spy on you. I'll give you a chance to be honest...Or you could try to keep your head clear. It is your choice to make..."

Vincent sighed. Telekinesis as well. This man was turning out to be a regular Renaissance man. He poured himself a glass and sipped at his bourbon, nodding appreciatively at the man when Vincent deemed the quality to be good.

Vincent sat forward in his seat, glass still in his hands. He might as well tell the truth if his mind could be read anyways.

"I'm investigating people with powers. I'm being paid to track down those who have gone into hiding and compile information about any super I come across. My employer and I are working to establish some sort of order among the supers. The police force can't handle most supers so it's up us to keep them in line. We have to self-regulate or we could have another massacre on our hands."

He sighed, knowing he sounded too much like an idealist. "You were in the files I received and were my first investigation. I was merely gonna monitor you but obviously that hasn't turned out like I planned"

Partying Lunatic

1,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Ben "Cybrax" Slate
Psychokinesist.

Ben had to narrow his eyes and was actually a little surprised himself. Who could possibly get a file on him? Ben was one of the most secretive one's out there. Who ever this man's employer was had deep pockets. This could be trouble. Investigating supers. Rounding them up. Was this guy an idiot? With a shake of his head, Ben took a sip of his water and looked at the man across from him."Well..Sense we are acquainted now..I would like to know yours and your employers name. However...I do believe....You..or he..are hiding something. And I dislike it. I want to meet him. If a plan exist that has my name in it. i want to be fully aware of it..."

He let a scowl grace his features and waved the whole thing off. " I highly doubt you two are going to qualm 'supers' as you call them, and stop them from being as reckless as they have been. The idea of it is preposterous. The even more concerning fact, is that this information on all of the higher breed is already gathered and organized...Who said you are not just trying to find all of us and just be rid of us? Hmmm?" He was now quite close to glaring.

Vincent clenched his fists. "What gives you the right to demand those things? You're still an unknown as far as I'm concerned." His voice was hard and his eyes stony.

Vincent made an effort to unclench his hands and took a moment to get himself under control. "Still, I can understand where you are coming from, and I'm not out to get rid on anyone with powers. If that was my goal, I wouldn't be lifting a finger. We on the path to destruction as it is. We keep doing what we are doing and the general public will rise up and slaughter us all. They've done it before, they can do it again." He sat back and finished his drink.

Partying Lunatic

1,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Ben "Cybrax" Slate
Psychokinesist.

Ben scoffed and shook his head. Perhaps a little more digging was in order. But he was feeling rather lazy. "Rise up and slaughter us again? I doubt any of us would allow that so easily. How big was that file you were given? Who is to stop us from gathering up and doing what they did to us? An eye for an eye as they say...." That was Ben's plan to begin with any how. But this man and his employer could possibly delay such a plan. He was having a rough go at it himself. But then he remembered something else." Wait...I'm an unknown? I keep my nose out of human business as it is. Nor do I avidly hunt for information pertaining to others. I'm just a simple club owner. That's all."

He took a moment to consider his own actions. This could possibly be beneficial. Very in fact. He looked over to the man. "I still haven't gotten either of your names. And I will want to meet your employer. If the fools out there are acting that foolishly, then I might consider helping you with what ever,. If only to keep the humans from bothering me. But I am telling you..I very much dislike this..."

Vincent shook his head. "Either way, they just cause more trouble for us, and I'd rather avoid that."He took a card out of his jacket and set it down on the table.

"My name is Vincent Garrows. The man I work for... I only know him as Xavier, I can set up a meeting, but it will take time. Once I have set up a meeting, maybe we an talk about the files. Is this acceptable to you?"

((Sorry, writer's block.))

Partying Lunatic

1,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Ben "Cybrax" Slate
Psychokinesist.

Ben used his thoughts to bring the card up to his view and finished off his water. Xaiver? He had heard that name before. But from where? He shook the thought from his mind and nodded. He would me the man soon anyhow."Yes..This is acceptable...However...I feel you are in the dark just as I....So I warn you. Their is a fine print you were not shown or have seen..I suggest you be on your toes..." He sighed and rose from his seat. He let the card drop back down on the table and walked towards the door. He took a small glance at the dance floor.

He had to think of all the angles. Study some options. And try to do some research."Well Vincent..I do believe you have quite a lot of work to do...So I will not hold you any longer. You are allowed to go....If you have need to speak to me again, I am either here..or down at the local coffee shop.." He kept his gaze down at the clubs festivities. Why did he have a sudden feeling, things were going to get rather chaotic??

7,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
Tessa The Shapeshifter

-~-{[( Emotion is a Monster in Disguise )]}-~-

Tessa found her mind going over the woman's one comment, the implication. Her very being existed for a sort of sexuality. It was as if they were two sides to a multi-faceted concept. Tessa was the Beast, Faith the Lust. What were the other pieces...?

Such thoughts quickly vanished beneath emotion and instinct. Tessa looked the girl in the eye, sighing.
"I want to. But why? Why should I? Why do you want me to? Do you want to make me a pet? Or put me on display?" The idea of being a pet had a sick sort of appeal to Tessa. She struggled for control of herself at all times, as she was constantly torn between mind, body, and emotion. To have someone else take control, it would be like a vacation. She could relax.

As the rain came to a stop, she looked around the area. She could see a group of men around a white van, with a ladder, working on something on the corner of a building. They looked like construction, but it seemed strange they were out this late. She turned to the rave, and saw the drug dealers packing up. A plane heading for the Inner-Nexus Airport flew, silent, over-head. Faith, this woman, was before the Shapeshifter. And she wanted her. And Tessa didn't know why. Shouldn't the woman be scared? The Shapeshifter could eat her! Eat her, and be done with it!

Vincent nodded. "all right then..." He said, "I will be in touch." Vincent left the VIP room and made his way through the throng of bodies. Outside, he hailed a cab and took it back to his office. He needed to get in contact with Xavier and find out what the man wanted now that Vincent had royally screwed up his first investigation. It was still going to be one hell of a long night.

7,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Flatterer 200
Xavier looked at his computer with forced interest. It was late at night, sure, but sleep was actually something the old shrink rarely pursued, nor received. His mind was always at work, and sleep simply wasn't a necessity. He had long ago mastered a diet with a sleep replacing amount of calories, the right nutrients to keep his skin and eyes looking healthy, and to keep his mind going to peak performance. His diet wasn't truly created by himself, of course. The good Doctor(He was a doctor, but simply declines the title. Too many implications.) got a young savant of medicine to aid him in this. Poor kid. Rest his soul.

Xavier was sitting in a small two story building just south of the financial district. It was a Psychiatric clinic that used to be owned by a serial killer and mafia/gang leader. The place was a little run down, but Xavier could renovate. The building was surrounded by those tall buildings, that weren't quite skyscrapers. It sort of made the run-down psych clinic a soar spot. The building had a basement, and a single alley running between it and the building to its left. The windows were boarded over, the sign that once said "Psychiatric Hospital"(Humorous because the building had a max occupancy of 200 people, and that was if no one had elbow room. It seriously was NO hospital), now was missing the "iatric", "H", and "spital".

Xavier was in the lobby, the desk built into the ground now serving as his temporary office space while he organized renovators. He would use some of his employees, but he had already given them a job in the city. It was a night job, so there was the option of working them through the day, but that would create an animosity that could eventually over come their loyalty to him. No, he would just hire renovators.

Click.

Done. And for a good price, too! Xavier took a quick glance at his phone, then turned back to the computer. He did a search for Garrows. And soon found a news report on what had happened to his family. Well, that was unexpectedly convenient. Whenever Xavier had done research on Vincent, he did research on Vincent, not his family. For this reason, Xavier hadn't found anything on his family's death, because Vincent's name wasn't included in the report, he was a minor. Xavier leaned back in his chair, deciding he should give his regards to the deceased next time he spoke to his new partner.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff