Welcome to Gaia! ::

enjoy your stay~!

thanks! :D 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 9 ]
-runs like the wind- NOOOOO! OAO; 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 1 ]
-crawls into thread, steals poll gold, and escapes through air vent.- 0.52380952380952 52.4% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Blessed Kitten

5,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Miera had been eavesdropping on the blonde man and the strange man with horns. She had been listening in and out of their conversation, but one word in particular caught her attention. Magic. It was something she had very little experience with and didn't particularly understand. But it piqued her curiosity. Of all the things she had done to find her pack that was something that she had never tampered with. Partially because she could never find a true magician, but also because she wasn't entirely sure she could trust one. She began watching the two closely, moving a bit closer to them and away from her corner. She watched as the blonde man stood up and produced a top hat and deck of cards from nowhere. Interesting. Even with Miera's keen eyes she knew it was just a parlour trick but perhaps there was real magic there too. She edged closer, her tankard of honeyed mead grasped in her hands. Another step and she was nearly behind the strange blonde.

"Pardon me but..." she paused, finding the right words, "can you do real magic?" She asked. Instantly she realized her words could be misread as insulting and she quickly tried to recover. "I mean, um. Can you find people. People that have been lost? Not dead of course. But just... gone?" She asked. Uncertainty laced her every word. Not only was she interrupting but she was also asking a perfect stranger for a favour. Not that she wouldn't pay him, or find something that she could give him in return. That is, assuming that he was a true magician. She smiled weakly, rubbing the back of her head and then playing with a strand of her stark-white hair that she so disliked. She scanned his face and his body posture for any body language of hostility. Aside from his disheveled appearance he seemed likeable enough. The other man was quite the opposite. He looked clean and put together, but everything about him oozed abhorrence. And something else, although Miera couldn't quite place it.

Takarashi

ahhh.. hope this is okay?

Timid Gaian

Gavyn won the last round of cards, and though sore at losing their money, the other players paid their dues, not wanting any accusations of them being cheats or debtors. Gavyn gladly took the money, excited at the prospect of more alcohol. What could he say, it was the simple pleasures that really made his day.

"This witch thanks you, gentlemen. And now, adieu." he said with faux posh.

Gavyn strolled to the bar, intending on spending a great sum of his winnings. He smirked at the bar keeper and placed some copper pieces on the bar and looked expectantly at the bar tender.

"Bitter ale then?" the bar keeper asked in a bored tone.

"What else have I ever gotten?"

Gavyn was given his drink and he took a large sip, wiping the foam from his face onto his sleeve. Honestly, he didn't really like the taste of beer. Bitter beer was even worse tasting of horse piss and leaving a strange aftertaste. But, when the fire in his belly lit he couldn't complain too much. Besides, many wonderful things had happened to Gavyn while drinking and drunk. Why not see if it could happen again?

While drinking his bitter ale, he could not help but catch part of a conversation coming from the table with the pompous brat himself. Gavyn did not inject himself into the conversation, but contented himself to listening instead. Talk of real magic almost startled him, even made himself think in a philosophical way...well, kinda.

In his own opinion, Gavyn could use real magic. It was infused within him, he was born with it, just as his parents had been. He was a witch, he wouldn't be a witch if he couldn't use real magic. But then that brought in the questions of the different levels of magic. Fairies could do magic, but a kind of weaker magic suited much to their own amusements. Wizards could do magic, a bit different from a witch's magic, a bit more dangerous. Warlocks were to be kept away from. They had some of the strongest (and darkest) magic there was. Gavyn was quite suited with not having met one. He probably never would. His kind of people seemed to be slowly dying out. Not as many witches left as there used to be, or wizards. And as of recently, he had only heard of two or three very powerful warlocks roaming about. Gavyn wondered, what kind of magic did this man have?

Wait a moment...parlor tricks?

And indeed, the man seemed to even be doing something with a pack of cards.

"Oh my god, he's a magician."

Gavyn could not help but roll his eyes and turn back to his ale. Personally, he had nothing against any one magician. He just...he never really considered them part of the, so to speak, "Magical Family". Sure, they had some kind of magic about them, but it was far different from a witch's or wizards magic, and miles from any warlock's magic.

"Magic my arse." he muttered, now tending to his beer as he rightfully should.

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
Risyh meva pmuusc ymm ujan
Yht pmekrdc mega y vmufan
Nepshey's eyes narrowed even more at the man's long winded rant about magic and gods know what else- he'd stopped paying attention at some point, letting his head thump to the bar and groaning. Loudly. "The sting of one hundred deaths would have been more desirable than this horrid misfortune" he complained, still face down against the wood, picking his head up once to drop it down on the bar again, "And here I was thinking I'd meet someone capable of communing with the Deep Ones, or, at the very least, capable of attempting to" he continued his complaining, probably in the middle of Erimhe's speech.

His groaning became even louder, erring on the point of rude and or obnoxious at the girl coming up to them, actually going to slide off the seat over dramatically, pooling onto the floor like a child trying to garner attention. He could be heard constantly chattering about his life, "Why is this happening it's all that witch Yeph's fault I'll fight her I'll realy fight her for ten thousand- no- ten MILLION years- I'll make her regret ever taking me to such a piss poor worthless establishment where I'm forced to put up with air headed fakers who don't have the first clue about REAL magic, and cowardice sheep you can't buck up and speak their mind. Just kill me. Damn this place. Damn that girl. Damn him too. Damn everything" it was muffled from being on the floor face down, but he emphasized so clearly the bases of what he was saying could be heard. It was truly pathetic.
Human life blooms all over
And blights like a flower
Temtesvets at hezyen shely
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Graphics made by Harry_Break_Free

Lightbringer

User Image

Well this was a tad unexpected. Amidst his showboating a person had sneaked up behind the homeless man with a question. It didn't startle him, given the atmosphere of the inn, but it certainly caught his attention. He turned to stare at the snow-haired woman as she asked her questions. "Of course I can do real magic!" He exclaimed. He showed his free hand to be empty. He then reached toward the lady's ear and retracted to show that it now contained a coin. "See? That was pretty magical if I do say so myself." He proceeded to pocket the coin. One would hope that he had it beforehand and didn't somehow swipe it from her. "But your second question, it certainly seems to demand something a little greater in the realm of magic. Whether I can perform such a feat is questionable. But!" He said with enthusiasm, "The good news is, for what you need, there is a secret so vast and so powerful that no magic could possibly rival it in its capabilities. Better yet, it is a secret we all share, though seldom speak of. We have the incredible ability... of common sense." He finished with a smile. Not in an insulting fashion, a genuine one, just like all of his seemed to be. "If something has gone missing, do we need divination to find it once more? Heck no! We ask questions. Where was it last? What events lead up to its disappearance? Where is it now, or most likely at least? Ah! Can you feel its might coursing through your veins? I'd like to see any magician beat that."

It seemed that, even before Erimhe went off on this tangent, the nobleman he had been entertaining had lost interest. Alas! His act needed some polishing. Perhaps it should have been roses instead of cards.

((Sorry Dolphin and Hinata, I'm lacking a bit in how to sensibly incorporate your guys' characters in this post. ><; ))

Timid Gaian

At the sudden outburst from the horned man, Gavyn watched as he crumpled to the floor and he realized no amounts of alcohol consumed could make this night better. Oh, it had started out fantastic, but now it had just gone down hill...very down hill. He took another gulp from his drink, the affects of this glass (and ones before) starting to show themselves. His judgement, for one, was quite impaired now. If he was sober, he would have ignored the childish man. However, he was not sober. He wasn't drunk, but he wasn't sober either.

Twisting his hand in a precise but also mechanical way, as if he had been making such gestures his entire life (which, okay, he had been) he used his magic to lift the horned man's head off the floor and twisted the man's body into facing him.

"You've been the most entertaining thing this evening, I won't lie, but why? Why are you on the floor, or even here? I haven't seen you order a drink or food, you obviously know no one here. Seems pretty silly to come to a place you don't even want to be in."

Quote:
Freestyle Dolphin

Blessed Kitten

5,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Miera eyed the man carefully as performed another act of "magic". She watched him hopefully and listened intently to what he had to say. After his speech she looked quite downcast. Of course she had asked questions, and searched all the likely places and even some not so obvious ones. She had even tried tracking them herself. But it was one thing to find something lost. It was something else entirely to find something that didn't want to be found. Disappointment rose in eyes and she felt a soft blush forming on her cheeks. Of course he wasn't a true magician. There were so few left in the world she wondered why she had gotten her hopes up in the first place. She pursed her lips, and looked away from the man. All he seemed capable of were parlour tricks that would entrance and entertain children. Had he shown her something more impressive... well that would have been a different story.

"Your intentions are good but it doesn't appear that you can help me. So sorry to have bothered you." She sighed, turning back to her seat and sliding into it. She rested her head on her hands, staring at the ripples in her drink. She looked like a puppy that had lost its owner. Had she been paying proper attention to the horned man and the man at the bar she would have seen true magic, but she was much too busy feeling sorry for herself than to pay attention to others.

She had put herself out there only to be shot down again. She'd never find her pack. It was almost a certainty now.

She looked at her drink, which was still quite full and finished it in one swallow. At least she could still drink.

"Another." She said, pushing the empty tankard towards the barkeep. He eyed her a moment, deciding whether or not she was too drunk to handle another drink. She met his eyes, narrowing her gaze. He nodded and handed her another pint.

Takarashi

she's so anti-social. You're welcome to try and coax her out of her shell ><

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
Nepshey was continuing his tantrum on the floor, ignoring the two goons who knew nothing about magic until someone made a mistake. A very large mistake. A colossal mistake, actually. Someone just tried to manipulate him. It would have worked had he not been an abomination of both magic and nature, but instead of moving like he would of, he remained unnervingly still at first, face down on the floor. He slowly pushed himself up, brushing some of the dirt off of his clothes, turning around to face the witch who dared try to command his vessel, an absolutely nasty glare. "And just who are you, to think you are so high and mighty that you can control a being like me?" his voice was lower, more serious and while he made no secret he wasn't afraid to show his rage, this time any anger he had bubbled beneath the surface, hard to notice it was there. Rather, he was scary, glaring down at the man with an unreadable expression- or rather, the only expression he was making was a blank one.

He took a few steps towards the man until he was no doubt invading his personal space, leaning forward unnervingly, not saying a single thing at first. His general attitude and bad aura alerted the small girl who had been in the middle of talking joyously with men, the petite figure squeaking as she jumped out of her seat, running over to Nepshey and grabbing his arm, dragging him back a few steps, "N-Now, Nepshey, this isn't how we play nice! You're here to make friends, right? Besides, think of all the trouble it'd cause you if you did show your form?" she persuaded, Nepshey's eyes narrowing as he jerked his arm roughly, "Tch, the ant ain't worth it anyway" he scoffed, Yeph's shoulders slumping at him calming down, and she took a few steps back, though loomed closer than before this time.

"You're lucky I spared you, mortal. I'm not very forgiving when it comes to my body" it was a warning and a threat, but at least his tone was back to lazily disinterested. "I'm here because that little brat dragged me here. None of your 'food' or 'drinks' could possibly be up to par with my standards, let alone even amuse me" he actually answered the original question, which was an accomplishment in and of itself. Usually he'd just walk out. It could be pinned that Yeph had somehow forced him into being social, or perhaps he assumed the man would be better company than the double dorks over there.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Timid Gaian

Gavyn held up both hands as a means of peace. He would not be getting into any fights that night because his tipsy a** couldn't quite handle boundaries at the moment. He hadn't been frightened by the man, slightly amused and very interested was more like it.

"Sorry, sorry, my apologies. I did not mean to cross boundaries as I did and disrespect you. "

He smiled at the man and at the girl by the man's side, winking at her. He then looked back up at the horned man, taking in his appearance.

"The food and drink's not great, I know, but for a man such as myself, it'll do."

Gavyn finished up the last of his drink before leaning back in his chair, crossing his arms. He was fully facing the man, but did not quite look him in the eye. That would be asking for a fight, and he doubted he would win.

"You're quite powerful, aren't you? You give off such powerful magic that, hell, it's making me shiver. You're quite a unique sight in a place like this, you know? Very special. Hell, for a witch like me, you're probably the most powerful being I've ever come in contact with. Would you do me the honor of sitting with me, or is your friend over there missing you?"

Gavyn gestured to the magician that seemed to be abuzz with energy.

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
Nepshey relaxed and seemed to lighten up somewhat at receiving an apology, "I don't think even other mortals would enjoy having themselves manipulated" he scoffed, though he didn't seem intent on getting into the subject further. Yeph only tilted her head innocently at the wink, apparently staying out of this for now. If she butted in too much, Nepshey would certainly become more aggravated.

"Yes, for a man such as yourself. Clearly, we are on a different level" he stated, blinking disinterestedly at that. At the man avoiding direct eye contact, it was about all Nepshey was doing, staring the witch down, most likely mentally challenging him to try something. "Of course. I am a god. Not even the strongest beings in this plane could lay a finger on me" he stated proudly, thankfully not hearing Yeph mutter 'he's going to get his a** beat in a fight' under her breath.

Nepshey considered his options for a moment when the invitation arose, looking from the empty chair, to the bar where the ditzy magician remained, then almost looking to an empty table in the back until Yeph caught his sight. She was going to make him socialize or die trying. And she certainly wouldn't be dying. With a grumble he begrudgingly ripped the chair out from under the table, practically throwing himself into it while glaring daggers at the girl, it taking him a solid few seconds to actually turn his attention back to the witch. He said absolutely nothing, just stared at him. Social awkwardness: 1 Nepshey: 0

Premium Sex Symbol

21,725 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Peyo 25
]Name: Claudia
Race:Sucubus
Personality: She is unlike any other succubus, she doesn't seduce and kill she would rather nap on your lap face to face rather than through dreams. She's a flirt and a bit of a ditz. She acts childish but if you piss her off she bound to attempt to kill you, not once, but multiple times.
Appearance:User Image

Premium Sex Symbol

21,725 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Peyo 25
User Image
Claudia walked into her room and sat down on her bed and huffed. "I cant believ im stuck here until my stupid wings heal..." Claudia decided to go meet people so she went down to the lobby where she sat on a stool and watched people walk by. After some time of being bored she eventually fell asleep on the floor.
Name: Jessie Bow
Race: Human
Personality: Sweet, greatful Spunky,charm
Appearance:User Image
V E L L V A L D R Ω T H R A L I S O N

User Image

The rhythmic sound of his daggers hitting the wood continuously echoed inside the empty building, providing some bit of comfort in the otherwise completely silent room. His eye twitched a bit as he threw another, hitting the target just a slight bit to the left of where he wanted it to go. Damn. A few years away from home and already he was starting to slip. It didn’t help too that his vision was starting to blur from not having slept properly in two days. Ah, it didn’t matter. Vell stood up from his slumped position on the plush chair and walked over to retrieve his daggers. He pulled them out with a grunt, sliding them easily back into his jacket and boots. As he pulled the last one back, his eyes softened when he studied it. It was a wickedly curved thing, designed to cut deeply and painfully if held just the tiniest bit wrong. It was one of the best birthday presents his brother could have ever gotten him and, though he would never admit it, Vell treasured it deeply. Shaking his head, he quickly slipped it into his right sleeve and made his way down to the front door.

No time for fond memories today, he mused. Today, all he wanted was to have a good time. It didn’t take him long to arrive at the next town over, despite all the bothersome creatures that had gotten in his way, and it had taken him even less time to arrive at the almost hidden pub. He honestly couldn’t even remember how he had gotten there. He shrugged at his current predicament, pushed the doors open and walked in. Whatever, as long as he got what he wanted. The utter noise of the place assaulted him quickly like a foul odor and it took him a few seconds to take it all in. He’d never liked too much noise, but in a place like this, he supposed it couldn’t be avoided. Shouldering his way through the crowd, he plopped himself down onto a seat at the bar, near a blonde man and a white haired woman. There were also two men there, one smelling faintly of magic and the other…well…the other he had no idea, which in itself was strange. He decided not to bother the two…for now.

Vell waved a hand towards the barkeep to get his attention and once he neared, said, “Just a beer if you please.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out some coins, sliding it over and looking up at the man. The barkeep shrugged, took his money, and walked away to get his drink. He twisted around in his seat and, from the corner of his eye, saw the white haired woman walk dejectedly away. Huh. A lovers’ spat? His drink arrived sooner than he had expected, though he had no complaints about that, and he took a small sip. It was none of his business really and he probably shouldn’t go around poking his nose into these things…he bit back a snorting laugh as he drank some more. When the hell had he ever done what he ‘should’ and ‘should not’? Standing up from his seat, Vell walked over to the white haired woman and sat down in front of her. He tilted his head at her as a form of greeting, “Well aren’t you just a ball of sunshine. What is it? Drink not to your liking?” He grinned and leaned back, making himself comfortable.

arumasirius

OOC: I'll fix the weird layout later xD
User Image

Jessie was Walking down A Dirt path after Being gone from town for quite awhile she figured it be time to hit the saddle and ride on back into town. As she She saw a pun Not to far from the way she was going. Jessie Headed out walking into town. She took her cow girl hat off and placed it under her arm.She She looked up to the sky and whipped sweat off her for head as she made her way into the Inn. She was walking when she saw There was all sort's of people of different people at that demon's And Devils and such yet she was only human. oh how she did not belong here. She wen't to the bar tender as she placed her hat on the table and ordered up a drink.Oh I Hope this Don't kill me coming out this far. Where is this place anyway she thought. As She finally got her drink she started to down it, then slammed the glass down and smirked. NOW THAT'S THE GOOD s**t. Hit me again. "She placed her hand on her gun holster just incase of any trouble. could not tell in a place like this. Any Tavern pun or inn was trouble but one with chreatures of such would be even worse so she thought.

Blessed Kitten

5,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Content in her own little world of pessimism and self-pity it took awhile for Miera to notice that someone had come to sit by her. Her eyebrow raised a little as she regarded the man carefully. He commented on her current emotional state and asked whether or not she was enjoying her drink.

"Drink's fine." She said, lifting it to her lips and taking a drink. She set the tankard back down with a soft clunk. Turning to look at the man more clearly, she noticed the strange pigmentation of his hair and eyes, and the jagged horns protruding from his head. She wondered if he had any relation to the other horned man. Doubtful, he seemed a great deal more social than other man. She caught his scent, though it was at the same time familiar and yet unfamiliar. Something about him gave her the chills. There were certainly a lot of different people in the tavern today.

"Is it that obvious?" She asked the man. She looked away, her eyes unfocused as she stared at a fly that had been crawling along the far wall. Her eyes watched it a moment, before she blinked and turned back to her drink. She took another sip. She eyed the man out of the corner of her eye. He didn't look like he was going to leave anytime soon, she thought as she watched him settle into the chair getting comfortable.

"Can I help you with something?" She questioned, giving him an inquisitive stare.

Ararelia

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces