Welcome to Gaia! ::

enjoy your stay~!

thanks! :D 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 9 ]
-runs like the wind- NOOOOO! OAO; 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 1 ]
-crawls into thread, steals poll gold, and escapes through air vent.- 0.52380952380952 52.4% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Lightbringer

User Image

First goes the coins, then goes the barkeep, and eventually out comes the meal - bread, a wedge of cheese, and some manner of liquid in a tall bottle. A feast fit for a king! "Many thanks." The poor looking man remarked. He rubbed his gloved hands together excitedly before biting off a chunk of bread, followed by gnawing on the piece of dairy product, and a splash of whatever the drink was to wash it down. Though some might argue, there was no better feeling in the world than an empty stomach being filled as far as the gentleman was concerned. Especially when it was good and proper food, not something that he had to pray was edible in a dark alley.

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
Risyh meva pmuusc ymm ujan
Yht pmekrdc mega y vmufan
Nepshey had remained seated right there with his little frowny face, throwing his little temper tantrum in silence until someone began eating next to him. Perhaps he was not eating messily, but to a being that was generally used to not eating at all... "Disgusting!" Nepshey remarked loudly, staring down the blonde haired man with a look of absolute disgust, "Can't you do that elsewhere?! That's vile!" he was 100% serious and was actually expecting the man to go eat away from him. Because Nepshey was far too superior to move on his own, even if he did hate sitting at the bar. "Honestly, why can't you ants be more classy? Or better yet, just evolve entirely to not be so barbaric!" he was on the verge of a rant and if someone didn't stop him he'd likely end up talking for several hours. Unfortunately Yeph seemed occupied, making innocent doe eyes and men twice her size, playing it all cutesy and lulling them into a sense of security.
Human life blooms all over
And blights like a flower
Temtesvets at hezyen shely
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Graphics made by Harry_Break_Free

Lightbringer

User Image

The bespectacled one paused with his cheeks stuffed like a squirrel as he turned his head to look at a man that seemed to ooze authority. He took a minute to chew, swallow, then exhale some unpleasant breath. "Terribly sorry good fellow." He proceeded to say whilst wiping his mouth on part of his own cloak - which might have been messier to do so. "Being that you're asking questions rather than outright slandering me, I can only assume that this is a bit foreign to you! Allow me to explain. Myself and many other species, virtually all of them in fact, require some manner of sustenance to keep ourselves going. You know, put the skip in your step and all that. Oh, actually, you might not know. My apologies. Let me try again. You see, a long time ago, the world started to exist - hm, actually, no, that's perhaps too broad. Forgive me. Ah! I've got it." The decidedly eccentric man grabbed a salt shaker, twist off the cap, and poured a small pile on the desk. This again got him stares of various types. He began to push the preservative around and form shapes - a diagram it seemed. After a moment he finished with a triumphant grin. "Marvelous! This is how it works chap. You put food A into mouth B, chew with teeth C, swallow with throat D, digest with stomach E, and expend with, er, unpleasant bit F. Make sense?"

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
Nepshey kept up the pompous attitude, sitting up straight and glaring down at the man, though the attitude faded when he explained bodily function- then almost went into the world's origin, then went with a diagram. "Of course it's foreign! I'm a god! I know how your puny bodies work- I have to reside in one if I want to keep this charade up! I'm asking why you don't just evolve! It's so disgusting- all those noises and things and it's absolutely horrendous!" he barked, leaning back a little and leering at him, "Do not lecture me upon the origin of this universe! I was there when the first world popped into existence!" he hissed, sneering at the man.

"Ugh. It shouldn't work that way at all. The only time I've ever had to perform such a lowly act as eating was in the beginning of my travels when I didn't bother with this form, and willingly hunted down mortal for sport. It's one thing for a small splatter of blood across your flesh, it's another thing entirely to be drooling, burping, and shoveling who knows what into that cavity! The entire process of eating is absolutely absurd! Throwing the dead carcass of something into a cavity filled with thirty something protruding bones, crushing it to a slimy slop and then a meat tentacle pushes it into a pit of acid?! That's disgusting! Honestly, it'd be better if you simply evolved to not have stomachs at all" he rambled on, making several hand gestures and at one point looking like he was going to bust a vein.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lightbringer

User Image

"I think it rather jovial myself, friend. Can I call you friend? Yes I can call you friend. I'm Erimhe by the way." He replied to the nobleman's venting, and took another bite of bread in the meantime. "Now friend, what's your name by the way? Anyway, friend, us lot need to be disgusting for there to be the idea of disgusting to begin with! Could you imagine a world without that? I wouldn't exist, given how most people talk about me! Terribly unpleasant if you ask me. I rather like existing. Gives you something to live for. Or does living give you reason to exist? Hm. Maybe I need another diagram. No, I like that one too much. Leave it for the next stranger, yeah? Right. So what do you do stomachless friend, or so I assume you are, given how you speak of the whole subject? Wouldn't it just be a laugh if you had a stomach? That vein there would probably be twice the size from the irony! Right, sorry, that's rude. You have a lovely vein, don't mind me. How's it going?"

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
"You most certainly may not call me friend! I don't keep friends! I keep opportunities!" he was nearly shrieking now, his hands gripping the bar so hard he'd left crescent indents. He reared back again when the man took a bite of the bread, a thoroughly disgusted expression. "Stop calling me friend! We're not friends! Not! Friends! Friends are a burden!" his face was getting redder and redder from rage. "A world without the very concept of disgusting would be a perfect world! But unfortunately, only such a thing exists in the furthest ring!" he seemed to calm down a little at getting the chance to brag about his home.

"There's no reason to live. It's all meaningless, and the only reason I'm here is because I'm immortal" he scoffed, his hands loosening at that point as he let out a small breath, his skin returning to a normal pigment. "Are you drunk?! You certainly seem off your rocker. Of course I don't have a stoma-" he paused mid sentence to adopt a look of sheer horror, placing his hand over his stomach. "I have a stomach..." the tone was almost defeated, and he actually looked somewhat sad over this fact. That sorrow was fleeting, however, as his expression shifted to pure, blistering and frothing rage. "Damn you, Yeph! Hideous! Ugly! Rotted appearance! Sharing the resemblance of a dog!" he suddenly shrieked out, whipping around on the chair to shout a plethora of insults to the small girl sitting at a table, thankfully to engrossed in flirting with men to take notice of Nepshey's shenanigans.

It took him several moments of sitting there to overcome his fury, his shoulders awkwardly dropping, as though he had forced it, staring at the floor during this period while gritting his teeth. After he had calmed down back to civil levels, he looked up to Erimhe, squinting a little, "What do you mean what do I do? What do you do, ant?" he scoffed, not even commenting on the vein remark, just giving the blonde a very unfriendly look.

Blessed Kitten

5,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

As Miera enjoyed her meal, the pub door had opened a number of times, letting new faces inside. She paid the majority of them no mind, except the few that had come to sit at the bar. A blonde man that smelled just foul had ordered a meal and had begun eating a few seats down from her. She looked up from her meal, her brown eyes peering over at the man. She eyed him a moment, then returned to her meal. No one should smell that bad, she thought. Part of her wondered if he was homeless. Moments later another man had sat down between the smelly blonde man and the other white haired girl. He began talking to the blonde. Well, screeching was more like it. He seemed absolutely disgusted in the fact that someone would need to eat to survive. Miera grumbled, sliding her self ever closer into the corner, huddled around her meal. She ate a few more bites before pushing the bowl away. Somehow she had lost her appetite.

She ran of a hand through her now stark-white hair. She hated it. Once it had been a beautiful shade of auburn. But somehow she had lost all pigmentation in her hair. It carried over to her wolf form as well, which was terrible for camouflage unless she was in the snow. She hated that too. She let out a small sigh, resting her head on her hand. In her other hand she swirled around the honeyed mead in her pint, before finishing what was left. She waved the barkeep over.

"Another, if you please," she said. Her voice was soft but had a huskiness to it, like the sound when someone was recovering from a sore throat. Another pint was placed in front of her, which she took a small sniff of, followed by a sip of the sweet mead.

She looked back over at the two men. It was rather comical. The dark-haired man with strange horns protruding from his skull seemed to be throwing a temper-tantrum. How strange, for a grown man to be acting so childish. Miera shook her head. He claimed to be immortal, but he acted like a petulant pup. The blonde man seemed to be egging him on without even knowing it, which added to the hilarity of the situation. Miera tried not to laugh, but allowed one small and very quiet giggle to escape.

Lightbringer

User Image

Erimhe's new friend was in quite a state. Burdened to live in an imperfect world with an imperfect body! The hobo-like man might have offered him a drink for his woes, but thought better of it, given that it would likely be more insulting. But all the screeching and whatnot became irrelevant in the man's mind when the decidedly superior one asked just what it is he did. For a brief moment, his eccentricities seemed to melt away, and his demeanor became as calm as a still lake. "I'm so glad you asked." He replied. "I'm a weaver of hopes and dreams. I steal frowns and offer smiles in return. I take the impossible and make it a simple reality. What do I do, sir?" He proceeded to stand and wrapped his shabby cloak around himself then, with a spin and a flourish, produced an impressive top hat in one hand, and a fanned deck of cards in the other. He placed the hat upon his head and grinned. "Magic."

Timid Gaian

Gavyn had been at the pub for little over an hour, first to drown himself in drink just for the sake of it. He sat among the crowd, paying more attention to his drink and seeing if a rather mean looking troll at another table would finally realize it was Gavyn tipping his drink over (using magic, of course) instead of his unfortunate table mates. At about the time he became bored with annoying the troll, he was propositioned to join a group in playing cards. He accepted and laid down some copper pieces as his bet. He was warned up front not to use any of his magic trickery as a means to winning. Gavyn had scoffed at them in an over dramatic way, but had promised that he wouldn't use any magic as a form of cheating (as long as he didn't think the others were cheating either).

His card mates that evening was a wood elf, and somber looking dwarf, and what looked like the unfortunate cross-breeding outcome of a troll and human. Gavyn had lost the first round, but had won his money and even added to his hoard in the second and third rounds. It was a good evening and no doubt he would be able to get more drink out of it than he had originally thought.

The game had stopped for a moment when some sort of ruckus caused the players (and many other pub goers) to look towards the source. To men seemed to be arguing, one very calm one and another with horns and a pompous persona. Gavyn and his table mates laughed as it continued, enjoying the little show.

"Alright, which of you bastards let this pompous brat in? Someone should take the child back to his mother, before he starts to cry!" Gavyn called out, alcohol having loosened him up.

There was a roar of laughter throughout the bar and Gavyn laughed along with it, turning back to his carde mates, motioning for them to let the game continue.

"Alright, alright now. Let's finish this fellas, so I can spend your money and finish this night nicely."
Name: Vellvaldr Thralison
Race: Dragon
Personality: Vell is incredibly fun loving and spends most of his time messing with anything and anyone in the vicinity. But while he enjoys jokes, pranks and all around having a good time, he can be very cruel and unforgiving most of the time, bordering dangerously on sadistic. Also being brought up as a warrior’s son, he will not hesitate to draw his weapons if he feels threatened (even if he's not) and is always on guard in case anything happens. It’s made him incredibly paranoid and the littlest things will make him jump, but he’s learned to control it somewhat…or at least he’s learned not to strike before looking. He can be easily distracted by shiny objects or anything valuable looking though. Vell is as prideful and arrogant as those of his race usually are, but he can tone it down if the situation calls for it. Sometimes. Maybe. If he's in the mood.
Appearance: User Image

((Finally found a character OTL ))

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
User Image
Nepshey narrowed his eyes somewhat, calming down as the man began babbling about something. He looked thoroughly uninterested in everything Erimhe was saying and doing, up until the word magic came out. Now he looked curious, at the least. "Hmmm? You don't look like you can do anything impressive with that" he said, a condescending tone as he threw a nod towards the hat, "Books usually work better. You just seem like a shoddy entertainer" he said lazily, though an insulting laugh at the end. He only gave a glance to some man yelling about brats and children, apparently not realizing the man was talkin about him since he had no mother.

Lightbringer

User Image

"Tsk tsk." The magician replied as he ran his fingers along the brim of his newly produced hat. "It's true that many consider my art to be little more than cheap tricks and pointless flair. A distraction from the real concerns of the day - tending to fields and chopping down trees. Something that breaks a sweat and, to your distaste, puts food on the table." Where the man mere moments ago was so spontaneous, the one now standing and preaching seemed to have an almost religious zeal. It was quite the parallel. "But my parlor tricks demand more than a strong arm to swing an axe with, or a tight grip to pull a rope. My shoddy antics demand both your attention and your thought. For the entranced, they marvel at what I am capable of and return to their lives with a fresh pair of eyes with which to see the world. And from that, you might think them my audience. But no, frankly, they are merely the ones to whom I give a giggle and get a coin. My true audience are the disbelievers. Perhaps they may only roll their eyes, or they may tear down the curtains and reveal my secrets. Regardless, from the moment they lay eyes on me, I have them in my power. I have spread the seeds of doubt and offered a challenge - prove me wrong. Put aside those useless chunks of meat on your shoulders and give that little ball in your head a workout." At this point, he snapped the cards back together, and with a second flourish, revealed them once more. Where it had been a standard deck, now every card depicted a Joker. "Books can tell you every mystery in the world. But no book my friend, I assure you, can both create and show you the mystery itself. To show it requires - dare I say it once more? - magic."

Aigavlov x's Bride

Lavish Flatterer

11,825 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Name: Eclipse
Race: Dragon halfling
Personality: Can seem a bit cold and distant at first but is kindhearted and caring
Appearance: User Image

Aigavlov x's Bride

Lavish Flatterer

11,825 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
((hello everyone! can someone catch me up before i do my first post? smile ))

Lightbringer

((Hello! There's an OOC for more lengthy discussion, just as a note for the future.

Nothing of real importance has happened yet, as in, no story developments. Just people coming in and talking. Feel free to join in.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff