Melaeryn's Significant Otter

Hopeless Dragon

39,925 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Worthy Challenger 25
User Image

Literacy / Post Expectations
This is a literate to advanced literate roleplay. I expect quality posts that have been proofread and aren't made solely of fluff. I don't have a post minimum, but if your posts are tiny and do not allow others to respond then I will contact you to rectify the issue. You are welcome to write as much as you want, so as long as it's not all fluff and adds to the story. I don't want to limit creativity, but I also want people to be able to reply.

Please be able to post at least once a week when it is your turn to reply.

If you're busy, let me know through PM or a post in the OOC beforehand. If you are not around and I have to keep hunting you down, I will remove you from the roleplay.

Two Sided Roleplay
This is a two-sided roleplay. Meaning that, after the introductions, interactions will be split between the events in the castle where the royals are, and the adventures of the champions searching for relics. Your lord will not usually be in contact with their champion after leaving the castle gates, and the lords are expected to interact, plot, and scheme with / against one another. Just because we're in a fancy castle doesn't mean the hands can't get dirty.

Magic
This is a low fantasy roleplay where magic is generally more subtle in this realm. We do not have magic that allows the creation of elements, destructive spells, mystical healing, undead beings, flight, etc. Mixing of herbs and potions for certain healing or harming effects is allowed. Curses are also allowed in certain instances, where there is a dire price for meddling in the practice. Poisons, diseases, curses, and placebo effect (where people may believe something is magical in nature but in fact stems from natural causes) are allowed. The only art of magic that is known is the art of soul binding, and will be used only in the case of tracking the deaths of champions from Castle Duran.

Should you have a question whether or not something is allowed within the rules of magic, please feel free to post it in the OOC or PM me before using the idea.

Races
Humans are the race that dominates within the kingdom of Esedi, though there are other races that thrive within the realm. I will accept different races if they are creative, follow the rules of the world, and add something to the roleplay rather than simply being "different". If you are trying to make a new race, adding the ears or tail of an animal onto an otherwise huan body is not a new race. Races that have magical elements to them (such as transformation, controlling of elements, or otherwise mystical powers) are also not allowed. Understand that this world is a human dominated world, so nonhuman races are looked down upon (no matter the race's disposition). It would also be wise to consider where in Esedi such a race could be found.

Should you have an idea on a race, please PM me before using it in a profile.

Technology
We're a medieval roleplay, focusing more on melee combat through swords, shields and the like with a use of ranged weapons as well (bows and crossbows to some degree). As such, technology is limited. There is no gunpowder, no advanced weapons, or anything of the like. The printing press has yet to be invented, so books, letters, and such are recorded by hand. This is your typical medieval setting, let's stick to it.

Fighting / Death
Death can and will happen in this roleplay. Don't get too attached to your characters. This doesn't mean we'll strike them down in a moment's notice, but just expect that people will die and your character is not immune to damage. Your characters do not know if they are going to live or die, and should consider this consequence regardless if they are outside of the castle or within the very walls.

Another thing to note is that fighting will be prominent in the roleplay. They will be physical, and I expect them to be handled maturely. You can't assume your hits will kill the player, but at the same time you can't dodge everything thrown out to you. I'm going to trust you guys to handle these maturely and if I see issue with your fighting I will speak to you about it. To make things easier, it is suggested to try and plan out fights before they happen (or talk about it privately with the involved person(s) to make things smoother.

Romance / Violence / Gore / Swearing
Please keep all of these things within the ToS of Gaia. I like my account, and I'm sure you like yours. We're all mature here, so I'm sure you all know how to deal with this kind of stuff.

Character Roles
Please note that when filling out a profile for any role, you are not guaranteed the spot. I take the time to read over the profile before accepting it. We don't do reserves or first come first serve. It's the quality of the profile that matters most, though if you tell me you're interested in applying for a particular role I am more than happy to give you adequate time to finish the profile.

There are only ten main roles - 5 lords, 5 champions. Characters can and will die though, so they may need to be replaced. If you are interested in both a champion and a lord spot (and they are both vacant) you are invited to apply for both so as long as they are not the champion and lord of the same region. There is no guarantee that you will get both spots.

If a lord or champion dies, the slot will become open. Others can apply if they so wish, but it is not guaranteed that you get it.

If all the main roles are filled up but you still want to participate in the roleplay, have no fear! Shoot me a PM or post in the OOC thread with your idea and we'll see about working you in.

Side characters are characters not of the lord/champion position. They can be stationed inside the castle or outside to be allies or enemies to the champions. They offer the chance to be a part of the roleplay and shape the story without the semi-fixed role of lord or champion, and can be a variety of things. A good story needs a good supporting cast!

Mini Characters
In some circumstances, a small character may be a worthy edition to add to a particular scene but may not be worth creating a full fledged profile for. In this instance, a mini character will be allowed. Such an example could be a bandit leader attempting to attack a traveling champion, an entertainer within the castle halls come to amuse for a night, or what have you. I have no problem bringing in these minor characters to post separately for a scene, so as long as you come to me beforehand. Please PM me with your idea of a mini character before you start bringing them into the roleplay / posting for them. I'd like a head's up is all, and don't suddenly want a bunch of new characters running about and posting like crazy.

OOC Communication
Communication is key for this roleplay! It relies on everyone in the roleplay pitching ideas, playing characters, and being creative to survive. If you don't like planning things or talking to others in OOC chat, then this roleplay is not for you. I highly encourage folks to participate in OOC chatter in the thread, or PM people for private plotting. It certainly pays off!

And again, if there's ever an issue where you become busy and may be slow to posting, it's always better to PM me or post a head's up in the OOC to give us warning!

Post Formats & Pictures
I'm not going to get picky with formats. If you want fancy coding, pictures, or whatever go for it. It's not required though. All I ask is that if you play multiple characters, please signify which character you are posting for through some title at the top of your post and perhaps a change of speech text so at a glance we can tell what's going on. I hope that's not too much to ask!

As far as pictures go, they aren't required but if you use one it cannot be a real life photo. Try something CG, anime, or realistic, but I don't want to see faces of modern models and such. Also, don't use pictures of really popular characters, and make sure the photo is of someone that looks like they'd fit in the setting. If you have questions on if a particular photo is acceptable, you are more than welcome to ask!

Hopeless Dragon

39,925 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Worthy Challenger 25
User Image

In the realm of Esedi, it is custom for kings to name their heirs rather than allow the throne to be passed by blood. This method has been practiced for years, in hopes of the most worthy of the lands to thrive. Time has passed, and the current king, King Allanard, grows older and in need of a heir. All the regions are aflutter, waiting impatiently to hear what proud royal shall carry on his many years of peace. To put an end to the matter, the king has sent out messages calling for lords of the five regions to journey to Castle Duran where he resides. The lords arrive and, much to their dismay, the king does not offer them a choice of heir but a challenge to decide the most worthy of the title.

Each lord is to pick a champion of their region and seek out three of five mysterious relics, items filled with lore and mystery. The challenge is not easy and it is advised that the lords pick champions truly worthy of the challenge, lest they bring shame to their region. With champions chosen and soul linked to a mage of the castle, they set out into Esedi to bring victory to their lord. The path is dangerous as some champions are less honorable than others, and a wealthy lord or two may line the road with hindrances for the competition.

Meanwhile in the castle, a heir can still be called while the challenge presses on. Lords of the regions constantly seek out King Allanard's favors, treating him with sweet words or soiling the reputation of others. Alliances, backstabs, and all sorts of tricks are fair game within the castle walls as a political fight rages on while the champions press on elsewhere. Though their weapons may be far more subtle than that of their champions, a royal is never one to underestimate when the throne is on the line.

Within the confines of the letters sent to each lord by King Allanard these rules have been set:
A champion will be soul linked and their status tracked through the king's assistant within the castle.
Upon death or replacement of a champion, a lord must inform the king of the new champion being chosen. The rest of the lords do not have to be informed. (All initial champions are known to all).
If a champion breaks the law, the king will not remove them. It will be the lord's decision whether or not the champion will continue to represent their region.
Champions breaking the law in an area, however, can still be punished by the locals (such as town guards hunting a champion down for stealing).
The king can at any time name a heir, even if the challenge has not concluded. In this case then, it would be wise for lords to try to sway the king to consider them favorable heirs.

Hopeless Dragon

39,925 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Worthy Challenger 25
User Image

The Kingdom of Esedi
Map by: black_wyvern
Region information has been placed under spoil tags to not clutter the post.

Goldvale
Landscape
Goldvale is a rather flat region of Esedi, with grasslands and fields covering its expansive borders. At best, the greatest obsticles from the terrain can be the occasional hill. A large river connects it to other regions, offering a means of transportation of goods from all over Esedi. Surprisingly, there are few large cities within Goldvale. The main city is the Capital itself, both of Goldvale and all of Esedi where the king usually resides. Farther into the country side is Castle Duran, normally used as a royal’s escape from the hustle and bustle of the capital city. Throughout the rest of Goldvale, small towns dot the region where farming communities and inns have set up to provide food and shelter for those coming to and from the capital.

Weather Patterns
Goldvale receives very little in terms of extreme weather. Rain appears more frequently in spring and summer, cooling off the region and providing much needed water for the farming community. The showers can range from simple sun showers on a sunny day to thunderstorms. Winters can be cold and snow will fall, though hardly ever enough to be too much a burden.

Brief History
This region has been a center of human activity for years, due to the flat landscape and ease of farming. The few environmental dangers allowed humans to settle and build towns, eventually into the center of Esedi that it is today. Farming and game allowed them to live comfortably, though a lack of substantial mining forced exploration elsewhere. As time went on the people of Esedi grew, settling in other regions. Even so, the Capital continued to grow where resources and culture from the surrounding regions could be found. The King has always been located within Goldvale’s borders, since it is the center of the kingdom. Regardless of where the king originates, this tradition has not been broken yet.

People
The people in Goldvale are loyal to the king first and foremost, since Goldvale is considered the region of the king. They are especially loyal to King Allanard for his services over the years, and are untrusting of lords from the differing regions. They work hard with farming and trading, though during Allanard’s rule many have had an increase in wealth. Most farm to sustain themselves, or raise animals. Others more daring may take trips into the forest between Goldvale and Tishtar to hunt game, though there is fair risk involved. As of late, others have begun learning the trades of other regions as master crafters, musicians, artists, and scholars have been requested by the king to come to the Capital and spread their skills so all of Esedi may benefit.

Important Cultural Aspects
The Capital in Goldvale provides a center point in Esedi for cultures of the other regions to mix and mingle, and become available to those who would not be able to travel such distances. Cattle and horses are often traded to other regions, especially the latter to Fovoham for the training of knights. There are strong ties between Goldvale and Fovoham due to the Knight’s Academy, as many of the knights used in the king’s guard have trained at the prestigious academy.

King Allanard has also created a form of celebration called the “Festival of Lights” in memory of his deceased wife. This celebration lasts for a week, during which all main cities in the region decorate and provide food and entertainment for their people. Dancing, shows, entertainers, fine food, and a dazzling display of decoration can be found as all throughout Esedi are encouraged to be merry. The Capital itself is truly stunning during this time of year as the king goes all out, and often times he gives food and drink to the poorer parts of the region so they too many take part in the merriment.

Edenmoor
Landscape
Edenmoor is a very wet place filled with marshes, swamps, and bogs. Surprisingly though, civilization has founded itself within these lands. The main towns of the region are settled atop the highest ground possible, usually hilly areas to avoid as much of the swampland as possible. The capital of the city has settled upon the main river that runs its course through Edenmoor, and is located a fair distance from the border between it and the sub region of Goldvale. Between the land and the creatures within, Edenmoor does not strike the traveler as hospitable place.

Weather Patterns
Rain is most frequent in this region, and the sun hardly ever shines in Edenmoor. If it doesn't rain, the skies are cloudy and gray with little sunshine. Flooding of the swamplands and roads are common, creating issues of mudslides, heavy rains, and the like. The humidity in the air can be uncomfortable for those not used to it. In winter, however, some of the marshlands will freeze, and the activity of the crocodile folk within the swamp declines. Rainfall is least during winter and snowfall is uncommon, but the northern swampland freezes consistently during this season.

Brief History
Edenmoor has always been a difficult place for exploration. The land is difficult to travel, and a host of deadly creatures call the swamplands home. Even so, humans have created a place to call home within these swamps. The uncommon game and fishing found within the swamps has called many a man to its borders for a challenge, though even now some hunters do not return. One of the biggest threats to civilization here lies in the local population of lizardfolk that call the swamps home. The southern area of Edenmoor, where the swamp is thickest and even the most experienced guides dare not set foot, marks their territory where the crocodile-like lizardfolk reside. They are proud and fierce hunters, which has resulted in many fights between themselves and Edenmoor’s population. As of late, however, a shaky agreement has been formed between the two. Edenmoor has chosen to trade human-made goods to the lizardfolk in exchange for guides through the swamp, and both shall keep from fighting. Though some fights break out, the exchange of goods has allowed some time for peace.

People
The people who have thrived here are a hard, determined sort who have fought tooth and nail to make a living within the swamplands. They are untrusting of those outside of their region, and are often looked down upon by other regions for living in such areas or creating a pact with the nonhuman creatures of the swamp. Jobs here consist of hunting, fishing, and what little farming can be done within its borders. Raising animals such as cattle, pigs, and horses can happen, though in the past this has been an issue with crocodiles raiding them if left unguarded. Some seek to learn from the lizardfolks in hunting and maneuvering in the swamps, though most prefer to keep away from their reptilian neighbors as much as possible.

Edenmoor, surprisingly, offers Esedi the best selection of wine. It is one of the main exports, with many in the other regions preferring its taste to their own selection. Due to the few crops it grows within its borders, Edenmoor is required to trade with Goldvale and Crasus for a wider variety of goods. Wine, rare fish and meats from beasts within the swamps, and curious crocodile creations for the odd collector serve as trade goods. Rare plants within the swamp are also of interest to other regions, as they may be of use for herbal remedies or potions of sort for those more learned in that field.

Tishtar
Geography
A coastal region in the south which includes a chain of nearly a hundred islands. They range in size from huge islands covered in meadows and jungles to tiny islands that are little more than large rocks. The region also includes a long strip of coastline in a wide bay. The capital is located there, where a large river meets the sea.

Climate
Being so far South, it is one of the warmer regions, though the sea helps to regulate the temperature. The winters here are far milder than on the mainland, and though temperatures can become quite high in the summer, the winds off the ocean do cool things off a bit. There is a summer rainy season, with winters generally being drier. The warm climate allows for many unique species of trees and plants to grow here, and the warm waters allow for a similarly diverse variety of marine life.

History
The islands were settled long ago by fisherman. At first they were just there to catch fish and there were only a few small settlements where the fishermen stayed while working, but over the years they began to raise families there and the islands became more developed. As more islands were discovered and settled, more and more unique species of edible plants and animals were discovered. The islanders began to cultivate and sell these to supplement their income from fishing, and the region soon became known for prized foods like chocolate, coffee, sugar, and vanilla. These luxury products gradually supplanted the more traditional industries like fishing and whaling until exports became the main focus of the region’s economy. The influx of money brought by such things as pearls, prized hardwoods, and fruits that grew nowhere else created an upper class that had ample time on their hands to explore the arts, and culture has flourished in Tishtar ever since.

People
While the lifestyles of the nobility and commoners are quite different, the people all share a love of art and music, as well as a free-spirited outlook that comes from being descended of the adventurous people who first discovered and settled the islands. People here make sure to enjoy life whenever they can, and even the lowliest farmers and fishers make time to pursue hobbies and socialize with friends and family.

Culture
The arts are very important here. Music, theatre, architecture, visual art: all are practiced here at the highest level. The best musicians, artists, and actors tend to come from this region or move to it, and there are numerous arts institutions. This region sets the trends when it comes to art. However, art is not just the realm of the wealthy here. Artisans of any kind are celebrated, including jewelers, woodcarvers, and potters. Musical instruments can be found in nearly every home, even in the smallest villages, and festivals are always centered around music. There is a large market in the capital where artisans from around the region come to display their wares, whether they are decorative or practical.

Crasus
Landscape
A region of flatlands surrounded by high mountains. The vast majority of the people live in the snowy regions of the mountains, at the heart of which resides an active volcano. A series of roads leads down to the valley, where volcanic eruptions over the centuries have created incredibly fertile land, which is tilled and famous for producing the best produce in all of Esedi.

Weather Patterns
While the volcano is active, eruptions are rare things, the last one occurring nearly a hundred years ago. Snowfall is regular in the mountain regions, and is actually almost a near-constant occurrence. In the valley, the snow becomes rain. Due to the flat nature of the valley, flooding is not uncommon or unheard of, and in fact some areas have been devoted to raising crops that require the environment.

Brief History
Originally an uninhabited region due to the volcano, Crasus was used by researchers and scholars intrigued by the varied ecosystems, flora, and fauna. As time went on these researchers came to stay in the land, with their families soon following. Eventually the population began to flourish and the small settlements were in need of a governing individual. So was the region of Crasus born.

People
The people of Crasus are bright and resourceful, though there are two classes so different in their appearance it is often assumed they are two separate peoples. Those in the mountains are short and stocky and pale due to living inside the mountains or dwelling within the hovels of snow along their sides. While they do receive crops from the cities below, the people here are mostly hunters and thrive on the fauna found in the mountains. In the vallies, the people are more of average height and tend to be more lean, along with suntanned due to all the working in the fields. There, the focus is more on pastoralism.

Mountain dwellers have made use of both the snow and the naturally occurring geothermal energy of the volcano in terms of housing and energies. In the valley, soil composition, flora, and fauna are studied almost religiously due to their unique nature compared to the rest of Esedi. As such, Crasus has become the foremost leader in research in the nation--no people understands natural science or the ways of the natural world as well as Crasusians.

Fovoham
Landscape
Very little of the area is actually flat because accompanying the flat lands are foothills and highlands. Any truly flat land was flat thanks to workers making it so for the towns and cities that reside in the region. The land is littered with towns large and small, and some of the larger ones are so close together it's hard to tell where one ends and the other starts. It has the highest population of any region, paths and roads twisting through the country like veins, moving from one large town to the next.

The main attraction of Fovoham is the Knight Academy, which was founded simply due to the fact that so many early knights flocked to the city for armor stronger than leather and weapons made from more than wood and rock. With their mining industry (and more help from the minds of Crasus) they created strong metal armor and sharp weapons, and so many knights came to be strong that they would teach children. From there they taught in a building, and as the years passed the Academy was created, with it stories and myths of the strong and honorable knights that came to the lands to learn from Fovoham. Many still flock to earn themselves glory, fame and honor.

Weather Patterns
A cloudy day is a normal day in Fovoham, sunlight, while not rare, is simply uncommon. Summers are relatively warm and winters are cold, the mountains and the small expanse of sea making it even colder in the north. Because of the clouds developing at the different altitudes, rain is rather common for the central and southern part of Fovoham, though the North gets their fair share as well.

Brief History
Fovoham, like Tishtar, was inhabited by fisherman, however with the mountains to one side and thick forests to the other, the settlers found themselves blessed with all sorts of game and raw materials. They used this to their advantage, building little houses which turned into small little villages with two roads at best, but they kept growing and growing, using their resources, discovering more.

People
The people of Fovoham are proud people, taking credit for the industrialization of Esedi (though not without help from Crasus). However pride is not their only trait, they are a city of craftsmen, but not of the arts, but of metals and woods, of writing utensils and glass. However, the poor and the rich are vastly separated, using serfs, indentured servants and people of other races. They hide their slavery in the mines to the east using the least-human of species to do their dirty, dangerous work. If you have money you have power, and rumor has it the power of Fovoham is corrupt.

Like stated previously, any raw materials are quickly used up by Fovoham to make better, strong things. Their exports of both raw materials and created materials are their biggest source of income, and should they strip the earth dry they will turn to dust. They are all hard workers and if you aren't in some craft you can't be worth much. They do have arts, but they aren't as highly revered as they are in Tishtar. Their arts are plays and operas and well-made, elegant, instruments.

Shahszhan
Landscape
A vast expanse of sand in the east. The desert exhibit a small selection of flora and fauna, consisting mostly of cacti and shrubs that can survive the rough environment, and snakes, scorpions, lizards, and other desert beasties, though some small birds and mammals are not unheard of. Oases come and go, the only two permanent ones being centered around the regions only cities--the capital of Ha'Akram, and its sister-city, Ib-Taniv. To the south is a range of rocky cliffs. To the east is a sandy region considered sacred.

Weather Patterns
Rainfall in the desert occurs primarily in a two week span in the middle of winter. The rest of they year is dry, with blazing heat during the days and nights that are bitter cold. Sandstorms are common occurrences, though are far more prominent in the spring and summer months.

Brief History
A land conquered by Esedi roughly ten years ago, when a rogue raiding faction from the desert made the mistake of attacking a Fovohamian outpost. Fovoham retaliated against Shahszhan, until then a nation and people who had kept mostly to themselves took up arms to defend itself, thus launching the first of many bloody battles that would leave Shahszhan a decimated nation. Considered a "barbarous" civilization by many Esedians, the recently added Shahszhan and its citizens have been looked down upon with such contempt that tensions between the two lands have been growing over the past decade. Little progress has been made toward an actual and lasting peace between lands.

People
Proud and sturdy desert-dwellers, the Shahszhani are a warrior race whose ways differ in almost every way imaginable from Esedi. The majority of men are trained in the art of war from a farily young age. Women are considered lesser, but in fact do the majority of the work required to run the nation, such as spinning, weaving, farming, and ranching. There are also nomads in the desert itself who move from oasis to oasis. Many of these collect goods from various reaches of the desert and trade them in the cities for premiums when their travels bring them near. Survival and freedom is of the utmost importance to these people, so they do not take well to being bossed around. They also tend to be a little rough around the edges, since they live primarily in the "wilds." All Shahszhani share a natural immunity to the venoms of desert creatures.

Due to the delicate nature of the ecosystem in which the Shahszhani live, water in particular is heavily rationed depending on one's age and occupation. Water may sometimes even be used as currency. When there is not enough, water is supplemented by both camel milk and blood, which is likely why the term "barbarian" is so often used to describe the people. Also restricted is family size, so as not to overburden the desert and destroy the people as a whole. Though, due to their low numbers after the war, restrictions on family size have become a bit lax.

Most important to the Shahszhani is their rich history and beginnings, which are told primarily through dance and storytelling. As materials for paper are not plentiful, it is reserved strictly for official use by the Zashik--the region's "lord"--and the wealthy. Dance is also used to offer prayers to the desert's two primary gods, the scorpion and patron of men and warriors, Rais Ankas, and the spinner of fates and protector of women, the tarantula Zu'Ular. Shamans of these gods are called Mi'Ia, and are some of the most feared and respected individuals in all Shahszhan.

Sub Regions
The two sub regions on the map are unlabeled areas in Esedi. They are considered to be a part of Goldvale, though these two regions each have a lower lord to keep them organized. Typically these regions focus heavily on farming, animal raising, and smaller mining operations. The lords that rule them have some influence, though not nearly as great as the five lords of the bigger regions. These lords are not running in the king’s challenge, but may offer influence to help or hinder lords and champions to better suit their interests.

Hopeless Dragon

39,925 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Worthy Challenger 25
User Image

The Beast Slayer's Chain
A chain, fairly thin in looks, light to carry and approximately 10 feet in length. Made from an alloy created by the ancients (but lost over time), the famed Beast Slayer's Chain is rumored to be nearly unbreakable and capable of imprisoning any living creature no matter their strength. Used by the fabled hunter, Borix, legends speak that it was sacrificed to imprison a mighty beast that had been wreaking havoc in the volcanic city of Braggodine.

Though the tale says it was sacrificed, there are rumors the chain still exists deep within Mount Braggos.

Eye of Liandrell
A once flawless crystal that belonged to Liandrell, adviser to a king of centuries past. It was said that Liandrell carried the gem with him wherever he went, allowing him the "see" the truth of whoever was reflected in it. Such sight failed the adviser when he was brutally murdered by a jealous royal pining for his position. The once clear gen was said to be stained red by the blood of its owner, forever clouding its sight.

It is rumored to have been traded to the mysterious desert region of Shashzan.

Fanoram's Lyre
An ancient lyre said to have been used by a bard who won a goddess's favor by playing for her. Worshipers gathered around him for that reason and eventually took up learning the ways of the bard, inspiring arts and music wherever the songs were played.

At last word, this legendary lyre has found a home somewhere in Tishtar's musical borders.

Velnasii's Hide
A piece of armor crafted from the skin of a great swamp worm (called velnassi by the lizardfolk). The armor is said to give its wearer great strength, but at the cost of their health. Such a fate befell the man who stole the armor from the lizardfolk, as he was poisoned by the armor while trying to flee the swamps.

At last report, the armor was lost within Edenmoor's vast swamps.

The Sword of One Hundred Storms
Because of its name, over the years the tale has morphed until the relic is best described as a sword with the power of a hundred storms. That's far from the truth. More accurately, the sword is a stereotypical weapon of the bronze age. It was crafted by a master smith and so the weapon is light and easy to wield in battle, but due to such a short range of attack, when used with agility and accuracy can prove to be an effective weapon, though it's also an effective conductor during electrical storms, which was what led it to fame in the first place. During a battle in a field on a stormy day, the opponent lying in thick mud, the knight raised his dagger to the sky to bring down his enemy, only to be struck by lightning conducted by the metal weapon. It laced through his body, killing him, and leaving the tell-tale marks of a lightning strike burned all along his skin. His organs were fried and turned to jelly. hellish landscape will keep it out of the wrong hands.

The powerful weapon is rumored to be stashed away in the forests of Fovoham, in hopes that the thick foliage and deep roots will keep it out of the wrong hands.

Hopeless Dragon

39,925 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Worthy Challenger 25
User Image

Alecard De’Trycin
36 - Male - Edenmoor
Played by: Tailoredpetunias

Jeren Strenville
29 - Male - Tishtar
Played by: black_wyvern

Leonora Einjarssen
32 - Female - Crasus
Played by: K33LA

Noah Albrecht
36 - Male - Fovoham
Played by: Noble Ambition

Isshinenga Na'Bahanagad
38 - Male - Shahszhan
Played by: General Phade

Hopeless Dragon

39,925 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Worthy Challenger 25
User Image

D'kath
20s - Male - Edenmoor
Played by: Kadorix

Elias Orvalles
26 - Male - Tishtar
Played by: tim heidecker

Alexander Devigne
24 - Male - Crasus

Rzhavard Nalaenir
25 - Male - Fovoham
Played by: Your Missing Period

Ansar Jaali'Namir
29 - Male - Shahszhan
Played by: Tailoredpetunias

Hopeless Dragon

39,925 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Worthy Challenger 25
User Image

Vabani Na'Bahanagad
35 - Female - Zasha Ahri-Dak

Harmon Pyhrn
36 - Male - Gem Wizard

Thay-Quil'lin
21 - Female - H'Sh'a
Played by: Your Missing Period

Akila Hadiyyah I’Timad
47 - Female - Shahszhani
Played by: Insensibility

Lina Asta
27 - Female - Wanderer of Crasus
Played by: ThetaNine

Azelton
49 - Male - Wandering Merchant
Played by: Kadorix

Cameron Elkhurst
33 - Male - Guard Captain of Castle Duran

Meredith Baler

22 - Female - Castle Duran Servant
Played by: tim heidecker

Fon Bel Baragaros
56 - Male - Bard / Ferryman

Eckhart Lerwick
33 - Male - Tishtar Scholar
Played by: Sierra The Captor

Asra Godwine
25 - Female - Nobility
Played by:Sierra The Captor

Hopeless Dragon

39,925 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Worthy Challenger 25
User Image

Profile should be PMed to Kadorix.

[u][size=15][Character's Full Name] the [Lord of Region / Champion of Region][/size][/u]
(place character image to the left or right here)
[size=10]
[b]Nickname[/b]
Does your character have any nicknames they go by? Titles they prefer to be called? List them here.

[b]Age[/b]
Self explanatory

[b]Gender[/b]
Self explanatory

[b]Race[/b]
Name of race here, and description if you deem it necessary to explain some. Remember that royals are heavily suggested to be human. Other nonhuman races must be presented before application.

[b]Appearance[/b]
You may have a description, or a description and a picture. Do not just throw a picture here and call it a day.

[b]Personality[/b]
One paragraph minimum.

[b]Background[/b]
Two paragraphs minimum. Talk about your character's history. If they're a lord, why are they currently in the position of vying for the king's affections? If a champion, why do they serve this lord? Why are they tied to this region?

[b]Weapons / Skills[/b]
Can be physical skills, weapons of choice, and (in some cases) magical. Please note that all magical abilities must be discussed beforehand.

[b]Strengths[/b]
List and describe (in a few words to a sentence) three qualities that you would consider strengths in your character. They could be skills related to personality qualities,physical strengths, or whatever. Nothing terribly powerful or superhuman here, however, regardless of what your character's race is.

[b]Weakness[/b]
Same with the strengths, only in reverse. Can be physical weaknesses or personality qualities, fears, etc. List and describe (in a few words to a sentence) three please.

[b]Username[/b]
Name of Roleplayer.[/size]

Hopeless Dragon

39,925 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Worthy Challenger 25
User Image
Notes of worldly events happening.

To be added later.