Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Hunter

Sweet Kawaii Delight

User Image
User Image

User Image___User Image___User Image

Laura was about to respond when she heard a voice outside, by Haku's reaction it was his target. Moving out would be difficult until they had changed the man's appearance, he was far to recognizable and his description was most likely being spread around as they spoke. She took the ink bottle, figuring that Haku wanted to use it to dye his hair. "How short do you want it?" She asked taking the scissors. She wasn't the best stylist, but she wasn't horrible. The fact that Haku trusted her with this was either a testament to how much he trusted her, or how desperate the situation was.

Laura guessed that, deep down, she really didn't mind the man before her. With the death of her fiance still so near her emotions were raw and on edge. The smallest things would set her off and she ended up snapping at those that she had once called friend. Those were far and few now-a-days. Many had tried to comfort her when she lost Thomas, but she pushed them away, too upset to deal with people. When she finally came out of her emotional state, there was no one left for her to turn to. So she put up walls, so she wouldn't have to depend on others to support her.

Kawaii Nymph

35,675 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
water_gardian_Umi

User Image

Haku Niramura
♠ ♣ ♥ ♦
The Silent Assassin Of The Second Oldest Prince

He took the scissors away from Laura and smiled at her. Haku did not need her to cut his hair, he knew how to cut his hair, all she needed to do was help by putting the black ink on his hair, try to not make a giant mess, he did not have much black to avoid drops on the floor . "Just the coloring...I know how to make my hair longer than it is now, especially with cutting..." whispered Haku as he touched her cheek."The price Laura..especially since I let you see the map... and slowly traced his thumb down her cheek to her lower lip, and pushing her against the wall. Meh...he was kind of tired of being in the small room and needed some fun.

Even though Haku had Laura against the wall he was still aware of the situation on the other side of the door, and pressed his body against hers more. Maybe she would slap him again. But he was not interested in women, but in men, he hoped no one knew, except those who had stayed within his home and did it with him as a price or get him information that he needed.

Age» 20 │Mood» . . . . │Status» . . Single . . │With» . . Laura . . │Where» . . some empty room . . │

Out Of Colors :. . . You may have to quote me, I'm on my iPod . . .

Distinct Hunter

Sweet Kawaii Delight

User Image
User Image

Laura froze as Haku pushed her up against the wall. His price, of course, he never gave things way. She let out a sigh, there was no way out of this was there? Leaning in she kissed Haku, a very ruff, hard kiss. It lasted for only a few seconds and when she pulled away there was no emotion in her eyes. She had not kissed anyone since Thomas and it felt wrong, but this was not the first time she had kissed Haku. The younger man had passion, but a simple kiss meant nothing to him, she knew this.

"Now, would you like to color your hair, or would you care to continue until we are caught doing wrong sided business?" She said, her voice flat, but she did not push him away. If he demanded more for his 'payment' she would give it to him, just to get him off her back. When he got like this, feeling as if someone owed him, he was nearly impossible to deal with until the 'debt' was paid. It was better to get it done and over with.

Kawaii Nymph

35,675 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
water_gardian_Umi

User Image

Haku Niramura
♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

Haku smiled and pulled Laura's chin back to him and looked her in the eyes. "Well at least you paid a small price.." he said to her pressed his lips onto her, keeping it soft and sensual, then pulled away after several seconds had passed."Lets get going... he said and removed his black shirt and placed it on the ground so that no ink would be visible to show that he had colored his hair. Haku had several scars that were on his back, and one large scar from the upper left of his chest to the lower right side of his stomach. He had gotten it not too long ago either, a battle between several other assassins who had not paid the price for staying in his home...they ended up being as scarred up as he was, but had more damages.

Haku sat at the edge of the shirt, and looked up at Laura. He started wondering a bit about how Laura was recently since she had lost Thomas, Haku did not know the relationship that much, but what he did know was that she loved him very much. As Haku waited, his eyes had closed and started to see the day of the attempt assassination, the face of Lucas angered him so much, he lost the loved ones that had taken him in, and lost them in an instant....it was not fair at all...

Age» 20 │Mood» . . . . │Status» . . Single . . │With» . . Laura . . │Where» . . some empty room . . │

Out Of Colors :. . . You may have to quote me, I'm on my iPod . . .

Distinct Hunter

Sweet Kawaii Delight

User Image
User Image

Laura held perfectly still as Haku kissed her again. Unlike her's it was soft, and gentle. Still, there was no true feeling behind it. He pulled away and they got down to business. When he removed his shirt Laura caught her breath, not because of his build (Which wasn't bad) but because of the resent scar marring his chest. The man truly was careless, she thought to herself as she opened the ink bottle and knelt in front of him. His eyes were closed, most likely imagining the kill, many assassins did this, just to keep the goal in mind. Laura studied his expression, so angry. Laura understood the want for revenge, to see the one you loved avenged. In that way they were similar.

Pulling her head out of it's own thoughts Laura went to work coloring Haku's hair with the ink. She poured some into her hands then ran her hands through his soft pink hair, leaving the black residue behind as she went. She did this multiple times until the ink was gone and Haku's hair resembled more of a blackish purple thank pink. Laura's hands were black with the ink. She whipped them clean on her apron then hid the apron in one of the boxes in the closet. "There, now you should be harder to recognize in the crowd." She said standing up, making sure that there were no stray ink marks on her servant dress.

OOC: I'm on my way to school, but I'll post when I get home.

Kawaii Nymph

35,675 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
water_gardian_Umi

User Image

Haku Niramura
♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

Haku nodded as he had opened his eyes slowly, and took a piece of glass and looked at his reflection. After looking at his hair, he grabbed the scissors and snips at his bangs slowly, after several other snips to his bangs he had made it to where he had several layers. "There..." said Haku and got up slowly, and put the servant shirt back on, and had noticed that there were other uniforms in the boxes and smirked as he got a new pair of pants and shirts, but the shoes stayed, being that they were the right size."Alright...we should wait a bit... he said and looked over Laura at how she was dressed. Just now he had noticed that Laura was wearing a servant dress and turned her around, so that he could fix her hair, wanting to fix it a certain way."Let me fix it for you..." he said softly and smiled at her.

Out Of Colors :. . . I think we should wait a bit, not many are posting. . . .

Fashionable Perfectionist

7,250 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Olympian 200
  • Athlete 50
User Image
User Image

Melitta smirked. She had a plan now. Karen was oh, so inspiring. Whatever. See you. Melitta sprinted back toward the castle, being just stealthy enough to dodge the people in her way.

Soon enough, she was back at the castle of the Second Kingdom. Bluh. She put her hood over her head and actually decided to go through the 'front' entrance this time. Of course there were guards. Lots of guards. They raised their spears as Melitta cleared her throat, trying her best not to sound familiar.

I believe the vet needs an assistant? I would be quite happy to take the job. Seeing as most likely no one has stepped up to the plate? One of the guards shrugged, and then pointed their spears toward the front gate. Why, thank you~ Melitta walked into the castle slowly, taking steps to assure them that she was in no rush. Or so they thought. See ya~ Now to find that vet... Melitta started walking around. This castle was beautiful. Now, it was time to get to business. Hopefully it wouldn't take too long, either.

[ Location: Royal Castle
With: No one.
Doing: Getting this job...blah.
OutOfCookies: This is my last post for the weekend...I have to go to a funeral. Sorry, guys! I shall be back late Sunday! Oh snap, seeing as she's in the castle now, she's totally up for some interaction! YAY!]

User Image

DarkMasterKatt's Partner

Chatty Friend

9,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Befriended 100
User Image
tab tab Fiona Belli Rye The Shy Second Youngest

tab ❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

With: Kaylee, my younger sister Location: The Library Thinking: What will he be like.....Will I ever be back home.

Fiona Smiled at her sisters next comment. "Yea I can see how you'd say that. I like it for the love. The bond the two share is just.....I can't explain it." She said. It was amazing how much she could say around her sisters. It was nice to have people to talk to without feeling like a clam locked away in it's shell. She noticed then how her sister looked deep in thought. She felt like she knew what she was thinking about but didn't want to bring it up. The past event had been hard on her sister, on all of them. At the same time Fiona couldn't help but worry. It wasn't until her sister replied to her question that she was calmed a little. That's true. They all should be different. Would be weird, not to mention telling them apart, Except for looking different." She replied with a small chuckle. Listening more to her sister she found her self nodding. "All good qualities for a husband." Chuckling again knowing who her sister meant by "handful". Fiona softly shook her head at her sisters next question. "I have not, but I hope so too. Might make the arrangement a little easier." She joked letting out a small giggle. She was anxious but maybe if he was good looking she could find her nerves settled and be at good terms with the arrangement.

~Out Of Comfort: sorry for being slow with replying Q~Q~

User ImageXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXUser Image

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
User Image

Kaylee nodded in agreement. Seeing the princes' faces would make things easier. "Yeah, I wonder if they are thinking about what we look like?" Kaylee couldn't even begin to imagine what any of them looked like. She didn't even know the names of the princes. This frustrated her because she should know the names of the royalty of the neighboring kingdom. She only knew the names of the King and Queen, and that is because she would talk to her father about them during the war. "Hey, Fiona, do you know if we can find any kind of image of the princes? I'm sure you're a bit curious." Kaylee looked at the shelves of books in the library. Kaylee turned back to her sister and said, "We were once allies with them, so we should have some kind of records." Kaylee stood up. "You want to help me look? We only have a few hours before they are supposed to arrive, why not prepare ourselves." Kaylee hoped that her sister would agree. She didn't want to look by herself. The library was extensive.

22,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
User Image
User Image
would you mind if i hurt you? tab tab ✗ ✗ tab tab understand that i need to
wish that i had other choices tab tab ✗ ✗ tab tab would you mind if i killed you?
would you mind if i tried to?

location // Second Kingdom: Royal Garden tab tab
company // Some Guards & Rosaline
thoughts // Things are moving nicely so far... can't get too optimistic tab tab
mood // Pleased

Sensitive ears twitching at the sound of someone quietly approaching, Karen couldn't help but smile internally as she continued to eat a moment longer. By the light delicate footsteps it couldn't be anyone else but the princess. Now she had to plan her next couple of moves carefully and hope that the guards would work in her advantage. Sharply raising her head as if surprised, Karen looked around and then took a step back from her bowl of delicious strawberries to observe the princess approach and address the guards. Lowering herself slightly as if she would attack the young woman if she dared touch her bowl of deliciousness, Karen gave a silent growl as the guards spoke to their beloved princess.

"Down, girl. Miss Rosaline isn't going to take your berries," one of the guards said with a smile in his tone and pulling out some more berries, which captured the fox's attention and had her running over to the more familiar individual for a treat. She hated being spoken to in that tone which she felt was normally reserved for pets and small children, but right now she had to put up with it. She was supposed to be 'semi-tamed' anyway. Though the words made her want to hurl, she went up to the guard and ate the offered berries quite happily, her tail wagging eagerly. "We found her injured in the garden two months ago and had her treated. Since then she's always been returning to the garden. A companion almost. There haven't been as many rodents around either." He shrugged and his companion suggested that maybe she had been taking care of them as repayment for the snacks.

Karen finished licking the hand of the guard of all the juicy goodness and then sat and worked on cleaning herself while Rosaline spoke to her. Since she was not supposed to understand what was being said, she simply stared blankly back at the princess for a moment before continuing to groom and act adorably cute. Internally, she answered the question as she slowly moved towards the brunette sniffing and examining the young lady the same way one would a new toy or gadget they were unfamiliar with. Of course I've had a wild strawberry, hun. Though with how much your kingdom keeps expanding they're so much harder to find these days…

A puzzled and curious look in her eyes once her examination of the princess was complete, Karen sat herself down and looked at the girl expectantly. Well, the guards always gave her food so why shouldn't she think the princess wouldn't? Besides, she was just a poor helpless creature who lived around the palace garden. "Would you like to feed her, your highness?" Ah, her guard friends. What would she ever do without them? Of course the princess would like to feed her. And take her inside for company. Just think of how stressful the next few days are going to be… you're going to want someone to confide in… someone safe you can share your secrets with… Karen easily maintained a bored and disinterested expression on her face while her tail swished lazily against the ground. Of course if this worked she would have to almost constantly maintain her fox form but that was easy enough. Days, weeks, however long it took… She'd get the job done as long as no one came around and ruined her cover.

Or she did something stupid that alerted everyone herself.
                    Layout created by: Seremela_Tiwele
                    x - I L0V3 Y0U
                    Yea. It's two paragraphs minimum so you're fine (:

DarkMasterKatt's Partner

Chatty Friend

9,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Befriended 100
User Image
tab tab Fiona Belli Rye The Shy Second Youngest

tab ❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

With: Kaylee, my younger sister Location: The Library Thinking: What will he be like.....Will I ever be back home.

Fiona smiled at that thought, and started to wonder the same thing. "It's possible. I mean, they probably feel the same way we do about this arrangement. It made her wonder though, were the princes really thinking about them? Thinking back she didn't even remember their name. She felt they had all been told during dinner but she had a habit of hiding a book under the table so she missed a lot of dinner conversations. She was shook out of her thoughts when her sister spoke up again. " I have no idea, there might be, but then again." She rested her fingers on her lips in thought for a minute before sliding her book into her back with the others. She replied. "We may be able to find something over in the old history section maybe." She continued, running to a shelf and scanning book titles.

~Out Of Comfort: sorry for being slow with replying Q~Q~

User ImageXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXUser Image
User Image
Νύξ αηδόνι
[[THE PROTECTIVE GUARD]]

"Do as you see fit. Though I warn you, I shall be the one who protects her."

tab tab Location: Hallways
tab tab Company: Princess Renae
tab tab OOC: Okay, finally finished. Oh lord. I had such writer’s block for this one.

tab tab Nyx smiled in relief. Her charge held no animosity towards her now that her past was relieved. When Renae stood up and walked towards her door, Nyx followed, silently. As they left the room, Renae walked with a bounce to her steps. As they walked, Renae, occasionally, walked with a faster pace, expanding the distance between them. Nyx ignored the distance and followed her through and through, not minding that the princess was testing her limits with her guard. Nyx kept her word in consenting the princess’s decisions. They stopped in front of a door to which Renae opened. Inside, the room was dark and void. Obviously the sister her charge wanted to visit was not present. Thus, Renae took me and traveled to another room, which, too, was empty. Once again they walked out and Renae directed toward her second oldest princess’s room.

tab tab As they walked through the halls, Nyx sensed something amiss. Her protective sense chilled. Something or someone was here, stalking them. Closing the distance, Nyx swiftly grasped Renae’s shoulder, halting her movements.

tab tab “I am sorry for the interruption, sweetie. But it seems that it is not safe out here currently. I advise that we visit you dear sister another time,” Nyx said, guiding her ward away from any vulnerable areas of the hallway. Sticking close by her, Nyx surveyed the area, keeping her awareness on high alert. Smiling at Renae, Nyx asked, “Since some areas are now limited, where would you like to go, sweetie? Preferably places that are well fortified.”

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
                                              ۩ Reyhan

The One Who Will Kill the Oldest Princess
                                                  xx Just because RED is a beautiful color

xxxx Location: Second Kingdom. Around the castle.
                                              xxxxxxxxxx Currently with:
                                              xxxxxxxxxx OOC:
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Reyhan learned a long time ago that one must keep a façade when among humans.

And humans didn’t think this strange, because humans often had different masks for different situations. They often pretended to be someone they weren’t, or to hide some aspect of their nature from others. As long as they didn’t see what was underneath his masks, why would they think him any different than any schmut off the street?

For example, take the members of the Eni’vu’arric Cult that were currently housing him and his “sister”. He had never authorized or accepted the Eni’vu’arric as his cult, despite what people said. But the people who followed him around so persistently often turned out to be actually relatively useful. For example, he needed a place to house Rashina and him in the Second Kingdom. Inconspicuous, but still relatively close to the castle that housed the Eldest Princess and her sisters. Soon enough, they had a place to stay, a backstory, multiple witnesses, and an entire life built. Somehow, they’d even faked a birth certificate and a citizenship pass.

To the people of the Second Kingdom, the person now walking down the street by his lonesome was “Rey Hanmild”, a servant from a family of servants that have always served the Fortunate Family. He had one grandfather, while his parents had passed away when he was young from sickness. “Rey” was a fairly cheerful, optimistic individual, friendly with everyone but was always looking for trouble. In turn, the Fortunate Family was a noble family that had married into a rich merchant family a few generations back, and no one suspect the family head and his advisors to be members of the “Cult of the Rabid Beast”.

But they were. After all, following Reyhan was fairly profitable. After all, who would collect all the money and property left behind by the deceased? Reyhan had no interest in money or whatever it was that people usually valued. As long as they left the bodies and the blood alone, they were able to get rich off the deaths of Reyhan’s toys. Nobody would ever think the sly, jolly Jonathan Fortunate to be housing a killer.

“Why, hello Rey! How is your grandfather?”

“Getting on in years as usual, Grandmother Ralola. He’s complaining ‘bout his flowers ‘gain. ‘ere’s no pleasing that grump sometimes.”

“Haha! Oh dear, how dreadful! Haha! Do tell him I said hello, won’t you?”

“Will do! ‘Ave a nice day!”

“Rey! Did you hear?! Those First Kingdom bastards are actually coming here! HERE! Just parading down our streets!”

“I’ve heard! ‘t’s horrible! And the king just ‘ends over ‘ackwards for
                                                  em! ‘oes the monarchy not care a’out ‘how we feel, us who were actually ‘orn and raised here?!

“I hear they actually bough in guards from the other Kingdom!”

“Bah! ‘loody whackers!”

It was as if he had always been here, always been part of the city and its society. Few really took notice of his strange accent and almost growling, gravely way of speaking. He was friendly, always willing to help, and sweet. Even if he was mischievous, annoying, a prankster, and a pickpocket. So what if his accent was a bit strange?

It had taken him an entire week to refine the delicate points of his act. It was a good mask, and it fit him well. It suited him well.

Non one seemed to notice how he was becoming more and more invisible, blending into the everyday life and the background. The guards stopped giving him more than a sweeping glance when he passed, and soon, they would barely remember he was there, just another face. Even if asked, they wouldn’t be able to remember him.

If they were still alive at that point.

Still, they were dispensable. As long as he got his hands on the Royals, any of the Royals, he would be fine. One guard’s blood is as good as another, though Rey thought he might have to reserve judgment for the Royal Guards. They might be interesting. He licked his lips as he lifted up a canister full of fresh cream. Nobody noticed how the look in his eyes seemed to shift to something predatory, gleaning in dim, eerie light. Nor did anyone notice how his thin, smiling lips seemed to stretch that much wider.

But as his tongue flickered out, Reyhan froze, a look of surprise flashing across his face. Setting down the cream he’d just bought, he straightened up and turned his face this way and forth with his lips slightly parted and both nostrils flaring. With his eyes unfocused and half-lidded, he took in the scents around him and allowed his mind to sort through the information. It wasn’t until he had turned his face in a certain direction down the street with the wind blowing straight into his face did Rey find the scent he was looking for.

A deep, wet scent of greenery, mixed with the smell of wild herbs and bark. And an old, old, old scent.

It was the smell of the Verge. Of home.

But it wasn’t coming from anyone he could see. The direction he was currently facing with was directly away from the castle, his target. But instinct said whoever carried the smell was most likely headed towards them.

It couldn’t be the stupid dog-Izsleii. That man-beast had been away from the Verge longer than even Reyhan. There was no way that he would still have retained such a strong scent on him. No, this was someone different. Someone who had just re-entered the world of human.

Reyhan snorted his nose wrinkled disdainfully. Whoever it was better not interfere with his plaything. Or playthings.

Grumbling, Reyhan bent down and picked the canister back up. If asked, it was the cook’s order. A straight out lie. His sister simply enjoyed cream when they were forced to abstain from killing during the hunt. But soon, she would get her fill of blood soon.

As would he.

User Image
IV

۞Ξέρξης Κύβακ
xxxx[[THE ENIGMATIC ASSASSIN]]

xxxx “It is only when you refuse to submit that I shall ravage you. Body, Mind, Heart, and Soul.”

xxxxxxxxLocation: Second Kingdom Castle
xxxxxxxxCompany: Nyx, Princess Renae
xxxxxxxxOOC:

tab tab A bright light shined from the darkness of the forest, blinding and frightening all the animals who scurried away into the safety of their homes. As the brightness faded, a figure of a man appeared like a mirage. Slinking into the trees, he perched on the thickest, highest branch. Looking out, he saw the castle of the Second Kingdom. As magnificent as it was, it did not phase the assassin who looked disinterested at the metal structure.

tab tab “Can you sense her?” The voiced hummed, concentrating on the various living souls roaming the kingdom. Stretching his senses, the voice finally brushed against a very familiar soul. The voice chuckled with glee.

tab tab She’s in the castle…with her ward. Grinning, Zerxes leapt through the trees; his right eye dimly glowing an icy blue. He landed a decent hundred feet away from the entrance to the kingdom. Hugging close to the shadows, Zerxes murmured an incomprehensible language and liquidated, merging with the darkness that the sun casted. No one-or so he thought-saw him as he jumped through the shadows. Both glowing eyes leaving electric blue light trails which faded in seconds. Taking one final jump, Zerxes arrived at the castle.

tab tab She’s in the East Wing. Complying with the voice, he once again combined with the shadows and flitted to the destination. Staying within the void, he gazed upon her. The only one who interested him. Who had injured him. His sweet marionette.

tab tab Nyx...

tab tab “Nyx...”

tab tab Both Zerxes and the voice uttered in satisfaction, their maniacal eyes drinking in the sight of their temptation, their passion, their obsession.

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image
                                              ۩ Reyhan

The One Who Will Kill the Oldest Princess
                                                  xx Just because RED is a beautiful color

xxxx Location: Second Kingdom. Around the castle.
                                              xxxxxxxxxx Currently with:
                                              xxxxxxxxxx OOC:
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It was after he’d given his Varric sister her cream that he’d proceeded to sneak into the castle.

Well, “sneak” was being overly-dramatic. He’d simply gone in with one of the Royal Caravans. Long, heavy, and slow, the caravan was loaded down extra supplies that the castle would need to accommodate the Princes and their servants as well as wedding presents, luggage, and congratulations. There were even many ambassadors traveling along, if not outright lower lords and ladies in their own wagons and carriages. Above them, upper-class lords and ladies traveled in their own private, flying vehicles. All Reyhan did was subtly tripping a weary man who had his arms loaded with what seemed to be a combination of wedding presents and luggage.

Because apparently, the upper lords and ladies couldn’t stand having their luggage traveling with them through the blue skies.

It was a small matter. With the variety of dress, his own common wear was good enough to appear like an upper servant, but shabby enough to BE someone of a common class. There was a flurry of weary thanks and Reyhan walked right through the gates along with the loaded wagons and the line of other luggage and gift bearers.

The only trouble he was met with was when…

”Stop right there!”

The weapons charm set up around the gate went off.

Instantly, he froze up, his eyes wide and confused. Turning his head back and forth frantically, his pale eyes widened further as if realizing that it was indeed him that was being yelled at.

”W-w-wha—?!” he stuttered. A guard with a thin, hard face towered into Reyhan’s view, who in response, shrank and whimpered pitifully in fear. At this another guard appeared, roughly shoving aside the threatening guard.

”Oh, buzz of, Calvin! You’re scaring the poor lad!”

The suspicious man snapped in response. ”The weapons charm went off! He’s carrying a weapon on him! What commoner carries weapons on—“

The other interrupted as he rolled his eyes, equally short of patience it seemed. ”Unlike what you lordlings think, every commoner with even a remote sense of self-preservation does. Especially today when they’re delivering the lords’ spare weapons and wedding presents for the Princes! For heaven’s sake, the charm has been going off every other minute!”

“Fool! Assassins could use this commotion as their chance to get through! He must be carrying a weapon that will endanger the princesses!”

Reyhan jerked slightly as the friendlier guard gave the other a deadpan stare as he reached into the pile to pull out an overly-decorative sword encrusted with semi-precious stones. Rey had to blink at the little lights that shone off the pretty rocks to half-blind him.

“You mean like this one?” Another fishing attempt got a hunting knife to appear out of the pile in Reyhan’s arms. “Or perhaps this one?” The guard looked at the gun he held in his hand before dropping the other things to excitedly cradle the intricate mechanisms of the weapon. “Oh, I’ve only ever seen this in a glass case! Costs a small fortune according to the tag I saw at last year’s weapons exposition!”

”D-d-did I do s-s-s-s-something wrong?” Reyhan stuttered out, interrupting the guard’s squealing and his fellow’s incredulous look, careful to pronounce each letter, though his accent still made his voice thick. ”I-I really don’t w-w-w-want any t-t-trouble. H-H-Honest.”

The friendlier guard shook his head and patted Reyhan on the shoulder. “Nah, lad. Just procedure. Your free to move along.”

”Yeah, move along, brat,” Calvin the grumpy guard growled, glaring at Reyhan with narrowed eyes. ”You’re blocking up traffic.”

As soon as they were deeper within the castle vicinity and out of the guards’ sight, the startled, meek stance he had been in changed. The open, slightly gullible, friendly look disappeared as his eyes seemed to darken a little. A small smirk passed his lips.

Calvin the grumpy guard was going to die before this fortnight was over.

First thing he did was dump his load on closest person. He no longer needed the weapons he had specifically picked out of the spilt luggage and presents anymore. Not when he had the knife currently stashed in his sleeve. For the common guards who were often out and about, mages tended to give them tokens so they could pass through their warning charms without setting them off. Informants told Reyhan of the small sheath under the guards arm, up against their side. When the Friendly Guard has patted his head, Reyhan had precariously shifted his load to one arm for a second to snatch the magic-marked knife from the guard.

Now, Reyhan could easily pass through hallways as open as he pleased. It would be convenient for later. It was during as he started to explore the castle that the smell hit him again.

They’re here.

He turned his head just enough to catch the shifting flash of shadow. The quickening of near-silent pads ran in the estimated direction of the shadow. And he wasn’t disappointed. Following his nose, he tilted his head up. To the eyes of most, one shadows seemed to cling to the top of the pillars. But in the Verge, one never trusts their eyes. Rey trusted in nose, which led him to catch a flash of one glowing eye. Following the gaze, he breath in the scent of two women. One that smelled like clean sheets and the traces of perfume that clung to the interiors of the castle. The other smelled like metal and dust and earth.

Instinct told him it wasn’t the princess this guy was interested in.

What? Beasts don’t exactly convey their interest in mates with word either. It’s all about intent.

“My, my, my,” he chuckled sardonically. “If I ‘idn’t know ‘etter, I’d think you ‘ere a ‘air sneak’ stalker.” Snickering ensued. He was…slightly relieved. It was the royal blood he sought. If this man sought the Royal Guard, so be it. It was none of his business. ”Well, only a stalker. Your woman ‘ere must ‘e ‘air interestin’ or unlucky to ‘ave caugh’ your eye. What’s someon’ ‘rom the Verge doing ‘ere? ‘an’t ‘ink of why you’d be ‘ere to ‘ill someon’. Is this 'ady 'tually interestin' 'nough for ya ta follow all 'e way 'ere 'ust for 'er?”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff