Bump eater

10,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
((No bump with post? ))
darkqueenie
((No bump with post? ))

trust me, i would like nothing more than to get some interaction going between our betrothed charries... but am waiting for Ink to post first.

10,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Did you message them? I can't wait for this to get going.

Time-traveling Ally

User Image
User ImageGiggles escaped from the culprit as she ran down the hall and crouched near the feet of a suit of armor. A rather flustered looking servant entered the scene looking about and dabbing at his brow with a shake of his head.
"Of all the-! You come out here this instant little girl!!!"
With a small wrinkle of her nose the child's hand reached out touching the armor next to her which in turn staggered off its platform and lumbered towards the man. Of course the inanimate suit of armor wasn't very fluid in its motions of swiping at the man, but perhaps had she paid more mind in her classes it might have been all the more intimidating. But instead the man simply ducked out of the outstretched arms and with a backwards strike dissembled the suit scattering its many pieces with a rather loud clang all about the hall. Clapping her hands and giving a happy shrill squeal the little rascal moved towards the stairs. If she could just make it up them then she'd be free of her pursuer and free to continue to run a muck as she pleased. But in her confident stride she failed to account that it would take much more effort for her small strides to make it up those stairs. Down she came on one of them and she looked up with a quivering lip much to the horror of the man servant.

"N-Now it's not so bad!", he tried to assure the girl with hands outstretched as if prepared to defend himself from another attack. But all that ensued was a sobbing wail.
"Waaah! It's not fair!", she sniffled and wiped at her scuffed knee before moving to flop down and continue to cry. "I don't wanna'! I don't wanna'! I don't wanna' continue with those dumb lessons!" Her small hands smacking the stairs for all her worth until she finally ceased and looked aside to the servant who merely crossed his arms. He and many others had seen this behavior time and time again. Why the royal family bothered with such a brat of a child and fussed over her was beyond him.
"Want to...", he merely muttered correcting her grammar as he knelled down next to her shaking his head. "If you're going to be so cross you might as well speak properly."
Moving to sit up the small girl looked to him and finally sighed heaving her shoulders in defeat. Moving to her feet she fell in step beside him, her hands clasped before her only to move and try to take his in hers.
"What are you trying to pull now?", he asked curtly turning to look down to her yanking his hand away with a huff. The girl shied away and looked aside her head lowered.
"Nothing.", she mumbled quietly looking sadly out one of the windows. "I'll...be good now. Promise."

Little Helmi wanted nothing more than to have a friend. But making them was awfully hard when there was no one else your age to be had, and everyone else was so busy. After her long and oh so boring lesson on spelling and grammar she was left to roam the halls. Others were busy making beds or cooking away in the kitchens. Being so small and curious often led to her only being in there way or causing trouble...
"Little miss."
Helmi titled her head as a maid caught up to her and groaned moving to slump against the wall and crossed her arms. The woman smiled warmly as she approached her. Helmi had been hoping to slip out to the gardens, or at the least the room she shared without interruption. It was still morning after all, why was everyone running around in such a panic for?
"I was told it would best if you went to your room. At least for the now. Its quite busy around here what with the guests arriving."
"...Are you, going to play with me?"
The woman pursed her lips and sighed softly. "Well I suppose for a little while couldn't hurt."
It was as if she had said the most wondrous of things, and a smile brightly shone on the little girls face as she clenched her small hands barely able to contain her excitement.
"Ah! You mean it?!"

The maid laughed and nodded only to be led to the girl's room by the hand. Though in truth she was terrified. The little girl shared a room with another member of staff. One who made herself and the others worry and keep on their toes. The Head Maid. She was a stern old woman...Though she supposed that wasn't quite a right judgement. She wasn't that old, but her hair was nearly gray and she had a hideous scar on her pale face.
"You can play with...Lily! I get to be Millis! I'm always Millis even when me and Ly play!", the little girl presented her with a rather ornate looking rag doll. Its beauty rivaled the porcelain one which Himli herself was now moving and speaking for. (Though without her hands and without moving her mouth.) The maid knelled down beside her trying her best to play along. How could a maid afford such a beautiful toy? Not just that but the entire room looked to be quite well furnished with luxury the likes of which she could hardly imagine.

Millis moved and danced rather wobbly as Himli grabbed some colored wax candle stubs and parchment paper. She was drawing what she thought fairies were supposed to look like. Or at least based on the stories she had been told for the last couple of nights much to her own requesting to which her main caretaker had obliged.
"Lyrah's going to be back soon right? I hope so! I'm going to make her some pictures. She likes 'em lots. Has a whole bunch of them in her trunk. One time I even seen her have one in her apron. Isn't that silly?"
The young maid looked over to an old and rather beaten up looking trunk. It was set against a bed which looked more suitable than the one in which the young ward now laying upon and making her drawings. The whole situation was rather odd....How she hoped she could keep the little girl out of trouble until the Head Maid returned.

Time-traveling Ally

User Image

Standing outside the door a faint smile crossed the woman's face before it quickly drew taught as the other maid made her exit, only to make a peep of surprise upon discovering her standing there. She quickly relayed what she had heard about the girl's behavior earlier that morning warranting a gruff sounding huff and cross of the arms on Lyrah's part. Could no one truly handle Himli's outbursts? She was but a child. If they couldn't even handle her daily antics how by the heavens above were they to cater to the wedding party and the extensive care it would entail?
"But in the least...it seems you managed to keep her occupied while I overseen to some things of my own.", Lyrah nodded to the young woman who in turn thanked her and hurried off. Likely taking the slight compliment before she had her head chewed off for standing and gawking about when there was so much to be done. She scarcely entered the room with a knock on the door that the girl had leaped at her. "Oof!"
With a wince she moved to hold the girl out at arms length keeping her small feet off the ground and tried her best to look stern.

"Lyrah you're back! I'm so happy! It was so..." the little girl paused pursing her lips and furrowing her brow before continuing on exclaiming, "-Dull without you!"
Setting the little girl down she made her way into the room, littered with toys and scraps of parchment with scribbles and doodles about. Moving to gather them up she heard the girl go on about some game her and the maid prior had been playing. The girl had such an active imagination. Recently she had been intrigued by fairies and merfolk. Lyrah seen one doodled on a paper in her hands and what she assumed to be Himli herself in a garden with them. Sighing she sat on the edge of the unkempt bed and looked to her.
"Is that a word you learned today? Dull." Pausing she drew a measured breath,"Himli...What is this I hear of you running out of Mr. Hammish's grammar lecture this morning?", she decided to get to the point of the matter. Though in truth she could hardly make it seem as if the girl were being taught in an elaborate classroom setting. In truth it was just a spare room close to the kitchen and servant's quarters...

Himli looked to her and then to the floor and clasped her hands behind her back as she moved a foot about. "Well I just thought that..."
"Speak up and come over here."
Himli took a step closer and looked to her clearly thinking now of how her actions were not the best, and fearing a rebuke. "I thought I...I could watch them come in. Or in the least watch him spar this morning.There's so much going on. And I'm missing it all!"
Lyrah closed her eyes and moved to take the girls hands in her own and gave them a light shake as she also shook her head. "Oh my little Himli...What am I to do with you? I explained to you time and time again that its important to keep focused on your schoolwork and lessons. Do you want to end up making beds and doing dishes, and cooking when you age such as me?"

Himli made a rather disagreeable face and Lyrah smiled softly. She wanted so much more for the little girl than she herself could offer her, but in order for that to come to fruition the little girl would need to continue to learn beyond her years. "But you...You can go out!"
Himli protested and moved to shake her hands from Lyrah's grasp, pointing with a free hand to the window. "You never take me past the wall! You go all the time! All of you do! When can I go?!"
I see...So it's this issue again. Someone must have said something. I had hoped they were going to put off History and Geography until she was older but...I suppose it can't be helped.
Moving to her feet Lyrah looked at her and sighed looking to the window setting a hand behind her neck. Was she really going to argue with a five year old?

"If...If you're a good girl I might...consider it. But you have to be good! That means staying in class, listening to the others, and helping when I ask it."
The small girl had hot angry tears running down her face which she wiped at. Pausing elbows raised to look up at her. "I...I'm a good helper." It wasn't so much a question but it still warranted validation. Lyrah knelled down and scooped the girl up moving to the bed and tickling her stomach.
"Well I suppose I can keep you."
Himli squealed in peals of laughter legs kicking about and arms flailing. "But your bed making is certainly less to be desired."
The small girl stopped thrashing and tucked in her arms looking up at her worriedly. She scrambled off her knee and moved to try and hurriedly tidy up the bed. Lyrah moved to her feet and helped her, then shot her a devilish smirk. As she moved to flop back down on the bed. Himli looked to her and grunted as she tried to move her. "Lyyyyrah! Move your big butt!"
Lyrah sighed and set a palm to her brow with a wink. "After all that running around and baking this morning I simply can not!"
The antics might have continued had it not been for a series of sharp knocks at the door.

Lyrah had been fending off the little monster attacking her and moved to turn as a man stood stiffly in the doorway. She moved to her feet and and smoothed out her uniform.
"Y-Yes?!", she asked sharply snapping back to her regular serious and stern self, as she moved to brush a strand of hair behind her ear eyes narrowed.
The man informed her that the Pristina royals were already within the castle and being moved in. Lyrah's knees nearly buckled and she moved to set a hand on a dresser her scowl deepening.
"What?! When did this happen?! Why was I not informed sooner! Damn it!"
She moved to the door and stopped looking back to Himli who looked to her wide eyed clearly in awe at the slip of a curse and sudden change in demeanor. Heaving her shoulders she moved to take the doorknob in hand.
"Please...Please, Himli just....Stay here for a moment longer. I'll come and get you when it is time. Be a good girl for me?"
Lyrah closed the door it nearly killing her to see the look of disappointment on the small wards face. Sighing she moved swiftly in step with the man and entered throne room. Much to her dismay it seemed that indeed some of the royal wedding party had arrived.
Have the others been notified? The King or Queen? Or even Prince Seymour?, she thought looking to the other servant who in turn shot her a sheepish smile. Lyrah nearly seethed a hand tightening in a fist.

"Welcome to castle Sybllia, we are most humbled to receive you. I hope your trip was pleasant?", Lyrah approached the royal and bowed sharply meeting her eyes and noted the color of them. Such intensity that seemed to take in all around her, and a deep green like rich grasses or lush trees. Without waiting for a response to the scripted pleasant conversation and greeting she moved on to the point. "Please but a moment your ladyship. I will be most certain that your arrival was known. Excuse me."
Another bow and she left the room shooting the other servant a seething glare. One sure to convey, "I'm not finished with you. I will be having stern and heated words later."
Finding Seymour Thom was no chore, it was far easier finding one when they followed such a rigourous schedule. It made her at ease. Order and schedules just made the day flow easier and when you had to watch over a small child...any small comfort was relished.
He had just stepped back into the castle after a rigorous training and Lyrah cleared her throat as she moved forward. He was putting back on his silks and she sighed with a tut as she noted the dirtied pants he wore. Looking to him grimly she shook her head and started softly but sternly,

"Excuse me, my liege...I wished to inform you in person of the arrival of the Pristina royals. I believe her to be the eldest princess, and her parents...and surely the others will be shortly behind."
Looking aside Lyrah thought matters over all the more and looked back to him. "Will you be making yourself known? Or shall I...stall?"
Looking back to his clothes with a nod and finally to him squarely. She couldn't be too cross at him, but still to present himself in such a state. It may not fair well. Everything was riding on this arranged marriage between the kingdoms. Peace and hope for a future blessed and plentiful for both...
Please...Please let this all go out without a hitch or problem of any kind.
How many times had she silently begged and cursed this day to finally arrive?

Devoted Rogue

User Image

Elizabeth Thom
Roland's Princess
Where : music room
Feeling : calm and content
Thoughts: Hope mother and father are too busy to check on me today.
With : Music instructor (self)

Elizabeth's room was dark, the large, thick curtains made it so no light would get into the room. A maid walked in and pulled open the red curtains, the light shown in bringing with it the sights and sounds of morning. She groaned, rolling over and pulling the pillow over her head in protest to getting up. "Highness, time to get up, the day has already started without you." The maid said in a soft tone. Elizabeth sighed then against her better judgment sat up and stretched. Her curls were in disarray as she rubbed the sleep from her icy blue eyes. "Very well." She said pulling the red silk covers off of her and placing her feet on the icy stone floor.

"I have your things ready for you miss, I think blue will be a suiting color for today. You will be meeting your brothers future inlaws and bride to be today." The maid continued on with how important today was but Elizabeth stopped listening and looked out the large window. She let her thoughts wander. She thought about skipping todays lessons and sneaking out of the castle while she could. She had learned quickly that she couldn't be herself around others and found hidden passages and unused servant entrances and exits in the castle. They led to just about anywhere one would want to go, only certain paths were more dangerous then others. She thought about what she would do and if she should get her little sister. Then again it might not be the best idea today. Sighing she snapped out of her thoughts. "That is why I believe this will look best." The maid stated with a smile and had stopped talking. "That's fine." She said softly then started getting dressed and going through the tedious task of getting ready.

Once done she looked at her self and gave her usual fake smile that completed the made up look. She stood up and examined herself, the corset was tight as usual making it feel like it was impossible to breath and the long silk dress felt like it was trying to anchor her to that very spot on the floor. The shoes she wore were pinchy and made her toes fall asleep but you wouldn't hear her complain. "Time for your music lessons, you want to be able to entertain the royals for the next kingdom and show them that their daughter will be privileged to be here." The maid said leading her down the hall. She rolled her eyes at the comment. "Privileged to what, being a hostage?" She mumbled under her breath. "What was that highness?" The woman asked with a smile and doe eyed look. "Nothing." She said then entered the music room with a grand piano and many other musical instruments.

"Today you will choose a piece of music that best represents your feelings" The instructor said. Elizabeth pounded randomly on the keys making a racket as if she hadn't played a day in her life. "You're highness!" The man said stunned at her outburst. She giggled at his flabbergasted expression. "Sorry maestro, I wanted to see what you would look like." She said then then cleared her throat and began playing a piece that she felt would suffice. She started playing then began singing a song that she composed herself portraying the feeling she felt towards the 2 love struck characters in her favorite book. She put all her heart into playing.

Out Of Charisma : This love
User Image
Seymour Thom
Roland's Eldest Prince

“The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.”

Right after taking his longsword, he deposited it into his scabbard as he walked with a firm determined pace. Seymour knew exactly where he was heading next. If anyone should know where Hemli is, it'll be Lyrah. Luckily, he did not have to wait long. Lyrah came in two greeting him and informing him that the eldest princess of Pristinia had arrived already. His eyes narrowed slight as he heard this news merely out of frustration as he moved his free hand to his chin, now in thought. Damn. They arrived sooner than I anticipated and I wasn't there to greet them in the throne room. That could look suspicious. He let this information sit for a couple moments and then returned his attention to Lyrah. "Thank you Lyrah for informing me of this news. I shall be joining them in the throne room shortly to greet the princess myself. And though I appreciate the offer, the stalling will not be necessary. This is my mistake, I own up to it, and it is no one else's burden to bare except my own". Lyrah, was probably the only other one person he trusted in this castle, maybe the whole town in fact. She and Iris seemed to get along well back in those days. Taking his free hand away, he moved his hand over and gently grasped Lyrah's shoulder. "Thank you Lyrah" he said even though he knew the proper thing to do especially one in his position of nobility would be to address her as Ms. Mills instead, but he could give a c**p less. Lyrah was a friend to him first before she was a maid of lower status. "If you'll excuse me. I must go change. I am more than improperly dressed for a maiden's eyes to land on and view in my current state. I would hate to further insult our guests by appearing before them in these dirtied clothes". Taking his hand away, he walked briskly past her. "That is all Lyrah, you are dismissed". As he walked past her, Lyrah would hear him whisper. "I have to see Hemli first". Even though he knew it would only delay him further, consequences be damned when it came to the ward of the Roland family.

Walking by Lyrah's room, that's when he noticed it. Lyrah's room was on the floor and right under his. He had pulled some strings to accomplish this and some assumed it was he secretly had a fondness for the head maid, but Lyrah knew the real reason. Why he wanted it to be so close. He heard sobbing. That dreaded noise, it felt like it could shatter him into pieces, and it did. Gripping the door know firmly, he twisted it, and opened the door. Crouching down on one knee so he could get more eye level with Helmi, he just looked at the girl for a moment. That pain in his chest started to form again. That look she wore. It was one of disappointment and sadness. Seymour would give anything to make that look disappear forever. She really is looking more and more like her everyday now it seems... But if there was one thing that stood out. It was her eyes. Hemli's eyes were big, bright, and blue. So full of hope. So full of life. And sometimes, so full of pain. Giving the girl a smile, he reached his hand out to her face, and wiped away her tears with his thumb. That's when he noticed the parchment. It was the best way for him to change the subject and maybe get her to stop crying. "Hemli, what are you making here?" he asked. Looking down to the parchment Hemli had been drawing on to see Hemli's little art project still in progress, but picking it up and looking it over. He knew what it was, she liked drawing these. Fairies. Were they her favorite? Seymour couldn't say for certain, but Hemli did seem to enjoy fantasy stories. Putting the parchment back down in front of her. "Another fairy eh?". Extending his free hand out, he placed it gently on top of Hemli's head. "Is it for Lyrah when you are done?". He asked, but he already knew the answer. "You sure? She has so many already? Lyrah must really like them a lot. I don't think I've ever heard her say that she refused a single one". Slowly, he rubbed the top of her head back and forth, partly messing up the little ward's bangs that fell and parted perfectly over her forehead and eyes. "Maybe, someday soon. I'll be able to show you a real fairy. Would you like to see that?".

Giving the little girl a small smile, he leaned down, and put his hands on her sides right under her arms and lifted her up to her feet as he bent down on one knee again. "I'm sorry Hemli. I have to go now. I was really looking forward to getting to spend some time with you, but I promise I'll come back later when I'm down with my business. I'll take you out to the flower field at the back of the castle. Would you like that?". Leaning forward, he did something she probably didn't expect or suspect. His arms wrapped around her small body and pulled her in close. "I'm sorry Hemli. Please don't hate me" he said though it came out as a soft whisper so there was no telling if she heard him clearly or not. Letting her free of his arms, he stood up straight, and looked down to her. Down to those big hopeful blue eyes and smiled. "Wait for me, okay?". Turning around, he exited Lyrah's room and continued on to his room upstairs. Getting on some new fresh and clean clothes, he looked at himself in the mirror to make he was presentable to that of royalty before exiting again.. As he walked down the steps, he proceeded into the throne room. Entering the grand hall, he turned and walked down it's path until reaching it's end marking the throne room. His eyes landed on the eldest Pristinia princess right away, if he remembered correctly. Her name was Clarese. Walking up to the Princess, he put his arm over his chest, and bowed to the woman. "Princess Baroque. It is my pleasure to welcome you into our humble castle and town. I hope the trip was not too troubling for you" he said greeting her and rose back up to stand. "You may have determined this already, but I am Seymour Edmund Roland". After introducing himself, he gave Clarese an apologetic smile. "I hope you can forgive me Princess. It was my desired intention to greet you in person as you arrived, but I'm afraid I lost track of time being busy with setting up the preparations. I apologize deeply for this oversight and hope you can excuse this rudeness". His face straightened up and returned to his normal straight blank regal expression. "I promise I'll make it up to you somehow Princess, I swear my honor on it" he said bowing again, doing his best to be as polite as possible even if it wasn't his true nature.

I'll never let you go again
... I swear it.

iNk_mAy
darkqueenie

Questionable Loiterer

11,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Anthony baroque
Prince of Pristinia

Today was the day, the day everything would change, everything would be easier for there people, well atleast it would be easy for some people, the rest of the kingdom had to go threw the boredom of wedding Drabble. What should she wear, what would they eat, what was there prince like, blah blah blah. The boredom of it all only irked Anthony all the more. Mix matched eyes pondered over the landscape as there carriage was set forth, a long a dusty dirt path between them and there soon, well his sisters doom, or that's the way he saw it. Having been told several times not to refer to the marriage as doom, or anything else he decided not to speak, but would he make this experience easy? Heck no, he planned to have some fun while he was there, and at the exspense of whomever got on his nerves first.

Fingers not impateintly tapping at his knee over the brown cloth that was his pants he glanced at the figure that sat in the corner of his carriage, usually the carriage would seat a royal or two, and a gaurd or some maids, and the carriages would have soldiers posted about them to escort them. Which was still the case for him, except no one joined him in his carriage, was probably wise considering his reputation to make people scream in fear, or cry. The figure in the carriage besides himself however was not a human, but something he made up, something he created, something that would usually scare people even if they knew it wasn't real, it could still hurt. A large suit of armor, huge, hunched over as it's head was pressed to the roof, red glowing eyes shone threw the slits where it's eyes should be, a grey must gently flowing from under the neck of the armor. Smirking Anthony leant back, his red and green eyes lazily staring at the roof "Clayton, I wonder how many people your going to scare this week" he chuckled running a hand threw his hair to push it back, the steel armor shifted, then a grunt was herd.

Eventually they finally managed to make it there, obviously his sister was there first, eager to meet her knew husband to be, or wanting to get it over with, who knew, who cared in Anthony's opinion. The first batch of fun was about to begin. The carriage halted and there was footsteps around the carriage til the door opened and a guard announced him. Slowly he stepped from the carriage looking about the building he would be occupying and sighed "such a drag" he whispered. The guard was about to close the door til the carriage shifted with the weight of who was to follow, the large mass of armor stepped out and the carriage lurched back again, then followed a few gasps "your highness, is that really necessary? Why can't you be more civilized like you.." The armor grunted turning to the guard, standing over him, as a 8 ft beast would. Anthony just glanced at the soldier and smirked "do not compare me to my sisters" he chuckled before setting off, followed by the suit. A nervous maid led him down the hall and to a large room where people where gathering, his sister included and a male bowing to her, he didn't care, he just strolled over to the nearby window, suit of armor in two stomping away and ignoring the stares he received.

10,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
~Princess Clarese Baroque of Pristinia~

Looking around as they entered in, the castle was different than their home but had some little pieces that made them similar. Her hands stayed in front of her as she observed the commotion going out in the halls, maids and other staff running around in preparation. She snapped back from her thoughts of the earlier nightmare when she heard footsteps come closer. This must be the head maid. She gave her a curtsy when she bowed, smiling. "It's quite alright, we had arrived sooner than we had expected." She said, her hands formed together in front of her again. The woman hurried off before hearing a faint sound of a piano being pounded. Clarese couldn't help but laugh a little, remembering her own frustrations with the piano. She never had the talent to play the piano so she had been taught violin instead. Such found memories. The princess was worried about the rest of her family, more so her youngest brother Anthony. He was always getting into trouble. Perhaps once the war was ended with the wedding, the king would spend time with him.

Sounds of approaching footsteps caused her to turn again, seeing the prince arrive. Clarese gave a curtsy in response to his bow before listening to what he said. "The trip was fine. We arrived a little earlier than we had expected so some of the blame would be on us as well. I am Clarese Judith Bar-" she paused and turned, seeing her brother and Clayton had arrived. He always seemed so down. Turning back to the prince, she continued. "I am Clarese Judith Baroque and the gentlemen whom just entered are my brother Anthony and one of our guards Clayton." She introduced, her hands jest urging over to them.

Devoted Rogue

User Image

Elizabeth Thom
Roland's Princess
Where : Greeting the royal family
Feeling : calm, bored
Thoughts: God this is such a waist, can't wait to sneak away.
With : Seymour, Clarese & Anthony

Elizabeth was in the middle of the song when a maid came in. She stopped playing and looked at the woman who stood there a bit fidgety. "What is it?" She asked placing her hands in her lap. "I'm sorry to interrupt but . . . the guests have arrived and your brother is already there greeting them." The maid said then curtsied and took her leave.

Elizabeth sighed agitated by not being able to greet them with her brother. "That will be all the lessons I will have for today." She stated then got up and walked out of the room. They were early, she knew it wasn't rude to be early but when no one was ready it was rude. She took a deep breath to keep calm this wasn't going to be the best day. She could feel it.

When she arrived at the room the large doors opened for her and she walked into the room. She glanced at her brother then at the other 2 guests. "Good morning, brother." She said with a more natural smile. She then looked at the woman infront of her. This must be the princess, she was quite plain looking. Then again the things she pictured in her head were far better then most things in life. "I am sorry I didn't arrive with my brother to greet you, I am Elizabeth." She said softly and curtsied to Clarese.

She then glanced over at the young gentlemen at the window. She had missed introductions so she had no clue as to who he was. She kept a smile on her face as a mask to hid that she really rather not be here. She wasn't the one getting married nor did she really want to get to know these people. She sighed softly, barely even noticeable God this was boring, again this wasn't something she liked to do. She would usually look out the window but since there was some guy standing in the only window she could look out from afar without being found out that she wasn't really going to listen or only half listening. She decided to look back over to the princess. The last thing she needed was someone thinking she was staring at some stranger and being rude.

As she waited for anyone to start talking she thought about things she could be doing or about sneaking out as soon as she was dismissed. She'd probably go get her little sister and take her with her down to the lack not too far from the castle in the woods near a hidden mountain pass. She'd rather save her from the boredom of formalities since Helmi wasn't all that well behaved. She loved the girl and thought of her as a true younger sister. She enjoyed spending time with the girl since she didn't have to walk around pretending around her or being afraid of showing her abilities. Even though sometimes she was a brat she understood her feelings since she was similar when she was growing up.

Time-traveling Ally

User Image
User ImageLyrah had gone and left her, again. Sitting down on the bed at first she slumped to the floor and started to cry. She hated being left alone with no one to talk to. It was even worse now what with this wedding taking place. Helmi wasn't even sure if she fully understood why and what this wedding was all about. It's dumb and I hate it! All I want to do is see what's going on.
"And- so much of it is!", she sniffled. The little girl was so absorbed in her grief and disappointment she almost didn't hear the door open and hear someone make there way over to her. Looking up she seen instead of Lyrah it was the Prince, he had come to see her. Giving her a smile, he reached his hand out to her face, and wiped away her tears with his thumb. Helmi sniffled but didn't say much else.
"Hemli, what are you making here?" he asked. She followed his eyes to one of her drawings and her cheeks reddened slightly. Couldn't he see what it was? Was she really that bad?

"Another fairy eh?". Extending his free hand out, he placed it gently on top of Hemli's head. Helmi smiled relieved that the Prince could definitely tell what she had drawn, but she also was content to be noticed. He was always so nice to her. "Is it for Lyrah when you are done?". He asked, but he already knew the answer. Helmi smiled toothily and nodded. "Yep!"
"You sure? She has so many already? Lyrah must really like them a lot. I don't think I've ever heard her say that she refused a single one". Slowly, he rubbed the top of her head back and forth, partly messing up the little ward's bangs that fell and parted perfectly over her forehead and eyes. "Maybe, someday soon. I'll be able to show you a real fairy. Would you like to see that?"

"Ah?", she tilted her head looking up at him quizzically. Did he really know where to find them? Could he really show her such a thing? His offer was far better than any that Lyrah had ever made her. And most often Lyrah had to say "no" all the same. But this was coming from Prince Seymour. So it just had to be true!
Smiling to her he leaned down, and put his hands on her sides right under her arms and lifted her up to her feet as he bent down on one knee again. "I'm sorry Hemli. I have to go now. I was really looking forward to getting to spend some time with you, but I promise I'll come back later when I'm down with my business. I'll take you out to the flower field at the back of the castle. Would you like that?"

"I would.", she managed before he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her to him. Helmi wasn't sure what to do. Sure he held her hand, and Lyrah hugged her. But it was odd to see the Prince act so...well un-princely. He never seemed to hug anyone else. Maybe this too was kind of like a secret? Like the fairies he promised to show her. He mumbled something so quietly she couldn't hardly hear it. She did make out the word sorry and she bit her lower lip worriedly. People only said that if they did something wrong, or had to tell her no. Lyrah said it enough when she begged her to go into town with her to the market. Maybe...Maybe he wasn't going to show her them now. But he did say someday, right?
He let go of her and moved to stand and she looked up at him with a smile.
"Wait for me, okay?"
"I will! I promise.", she made determined little fists clenched in front of her as she also told herself that she'd need to be extra good to make sure that he'd keep that offer standing. When he left the room she laughed and jumped and skipped about the room.

"I'm gointa' see some fairies! I'm goingta' see some fairies!", singing happily she moved to her wardrobe and stood looking to the various dresses before her. What did one wear when seeing such little wondrous things? Stopping once more she set her hands out and let out a soft exhale of breath.
"Woah...Woah there, Helmi. He said some day. Not TOday. But one day!"
But he did mention taking her to the flower fields. That was good enough for now. Maybe she could find some fairy rings among the flowers? Or in the least she could make herself a crown of daisies. Maybe one for the Prince too?
Giggling she wrapped her arms around herself. No that's silly! Oh I hope the rest of the day goes by quick. Being so good for so long could be really hard work!
Helmi couldn't hardly wait to tell Lyrah. The Prince was so smart and nice. All of the royals were. Maybe the visiting prince, princesses, and king and queen would be just as much so?

I wish I could..., Helmi looked to the door and moved a hand to her mouth about to worriedly chew at her nails. Maybe...I can sneak a peak later. Or see them at dinner?!
Despite being just a Ward of the Castle there were quite a few occasions at which she was allowed to eat with the Princesses and Prince. They'd ask her how her lessons were, and she'd do her best to impress them.
Maybe I could do a trick or something for the visiting family? But...what could I do?
With something to think over she sat on the bed and tried to work out how and what best to do for them all at dinner. It'd have to be something REALLY good. After all they had company.

Tipsy Lunatic

6,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

Aleser Andrew Mathieus

User Image
User Image

Aleser was up before dawn and into his duties well before the sun rose. He began by walking each hall of the castle, checking in with his guards and getting reports on the night's activities. His was a task that never seemed to find itself complete as there was always something more to do or check in on. When his guards reported a uneventful night Aleser moved on to questioning the night staff. They somewhat fearful of him since he had begun his carrier here in the castle by getting rid of several guards and staff he found lacking answered his questions if somewhat hesitantly. Aleser paid this no mind because his goal was not to frighten but to gather information. Staff ever moving about the castle to and fro often came across a great many things that guards who only patrolled or stood guard at key locations missed. Add to this the human habit of gossip and word often spread among the staff of events just as fast as orders on the battlefield. As such they were a invaluable source of information. From them he learned that the night had indeed been uneventful and his first task complete Aleser went down to the kitchen.

There he sat in a corner out of the way of the rushing cooking staff preparing breakfast and had a bowl of Porridge spiced with apple, sugar and butter. He added to this bacon, two eggs and sme sweet bread coated with honey. Breakfast done he put his dishes away to be cleaned and began his tour of the castle grounds. Outside he checked in with the grounds guards, the stable hands, the gardeners and lastly the men up on the battlements. Like before all was well and this done he went to the main gate, checked in there and called for a horse before leaving the castle in the care of his second in command. Once free of the castle he checked in with the city guard beyond the castle walls, found nothing to note himself, just some drunks brought in for smashing a store window and left it in the hands of the city guards to tend to before returning to the castle.
Once he returned he had time to go back up to the battlements and from here, watched the sun rise, enjoying a quiet, peaceful moment. This did not last however because other duties called. All he had done thus far was but the warm up.

He made sure his men were ready to accept the visiting Baroque royals and prepared to accept their personal escort and guards into the castle workings. They would be working together from today onward and Aleser hoped nothing ran afoul. He reminded his men to be welcoming and helpful but also watchful and report anything amiss. He also made sure his men knew who was to be where, who was to be on what shift and who was to be escorting the Thom family royals at what times. With two once bitter enemies coming together under one roof Aleser was not taking any chances. His charges would be protected at all times with two guards in tow.

This done he dismissed them to their tasks and was greeted by a messenger that said the Baroque royals were on their way. He sent word for the prince to be informed, was told he had already been as such and nodding, Aleser made his way to the main hall where he slipped in through a side door and stood at attenuation off to the side while the introductions were underway. He watched it all, making notes on the visiting royals in his mind as he did so, as always planning for the worst and hoping for the best. He got as far as nine possible escape routes in the event something went wrong all of which included dragging Prince Seymour out of harms way before Elizabeth made her arrival and introductions. Aleser frowned slightly as she spoke his eyes narrowing dangerously, not because of her or anything she had done but because of what she was lacking. Where were the men that should have been escorting her? He saw no one close at hand to defend her should anything go wrong and cursing inwardly, Aleser began recalculating his plans, tossing out six of the old ones at this development. When they were done here he was going to find who ever should have been on princess duty and wring their neck.

Waiting for a lull in conversation Aleser cleared his throat once it came and stepped forward before with a arm crossed before his chest, bowing to the visiting Baroque royals.
"Forgive me this interruption, your majesties and allow this humble servant to introduce himself. I am Aleser Andrew Mathieus the captain of the guard. I will personally be overseeing your safety while here in Sybilla Castle and have already made arrangements for your escort and personal guards to be welcomed into the castle guard as our equals. Anything they require for your safety we shall provide and I look forward to working closely with them. That being said, I'm afraid I must also take this moment to point out the thing they are thinking but not saying aloud. You currently stand in the heart of what once was enemy territory and as such trust will be a issue and as understandable as that is, my men know the layout of the castle and surrounding countryside. Should a emergency arise you will have to default to them for knowledge on what to do in such a event. Please believe me when I say I and all of Roland have a personal interest in seeing you to safety and as such, should the unforeseen arise you can trust that my people will work to see that you are taken to a area far from harm. If you require anything of us feel free as our honored guests to ask and we will work to fill your request."

10,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
~Princess Clarese Baroque of Pristinia~

Seeing another join them, introducing herself as Seymour's sister, Elizabeth. She curtsied in return before seeing one of the guards join them as well. Listening to the captain of the guard speak, she gave a small smile. "I am Clarese Judith Baroque. The gentleman by the window is by brother, Anthony. Our sister may be a little late arriving but should be here by supper." She informed, keeping her hands in front of her before a small frown. "I do hope you will ensure the safety of all. One of my royal gifts is one passed down from our great great great grandmother. The gift of future sight." Clarese explained before elaborating more.

"Last night I had a dream, or rather a nightmare that woke me with enough of a start to alert the near by guards of our castle. I fear that during the wedding, there may be an attack. I unfortunately did not foresee enough details to make any identification on the attackers. I did foresee though that they would be attacking from the upper windows near the rooftop." She said, looking to the captain of the guards before bowing her head. "I apologize for not being able to provide any more information at this time."
User Image
Seymour Thom
Roland's Eldest Prince

“The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.”

Seymour turned his head looking to his little sister as she presented herself and greeted him. He nodded his head back to her in turn. "And good morning to you Elizabeth. I hoped your music lessons fared well for you today sister" he replied. Seymour made it a point to know all of his family's schedules and routines in the castle. Just incase. Except for Hemli, he made sure Lyrah ran everything by him, but ultimately he left and trusted Hemli's care in the hands of their very capable Head Maid. Returning his attention to the eldest Pristinia princess, she proceeded to introduce herself and her now arriving brother, Anthony. He was younger than her and he did seemed to have the same regal expression of royalty and grace that Clarese carried about her. All in all, Seymour sized him up right then and there, and in one word he could describe the young Pristinia prince as rowdy. And her brother's... friend. His steely cobalt blue eyes merely examined the foreboding figure. A behemoth suit of armor, gray mist like smoke fuming out from it's neck, and devilishly bright glowing red eyes. That thing, he knew right away wasn't human. She said it's name was Clayton. "So, you gave it a name?" was his first response. "Makes sense I suppose. When you give an object a name. You also give it purpose. You give it it's power, but... " he paused and looked back to Clarese. "I hope your brother won't be too upset. His familiar won't be able to stay with him the whole time. The top floors where the royal family presides and where we have set up rooms for you and your family as well to be staying for the duration of your time here are enchanted. No magicks are allowed up there" he explained. It was a precaution, for both their safety and protection. Then a new voice could be heard, making another introduction and an address to the visiting royalty. Aleser. Sybilla Castle's Guard Captain. Seymour remained silent, letting the man speak as he addressed safety concerns and emergency procedure on what to do should anything dangerous to happen here.

Aleser Mathieus was a talented man and served his position well. Seymour had no particular qualms against the man. Back on the front-lines during the war, they had fought together in a few battles. The man's presence on the battlefield was as identifiable as his own and was just as dreaded by their opponents. But, his little mock invasion he orchestrated awhile ago frustrated Seymour to no end. It wasn't for concern for him or his safety, but rather it was concern for Hemli. It was the first time she had ever seen acts of violence. It was violence that he absolutely could not tolerate sullying Hemli's hands or eyes with and getting so caught up in the moment, he almost cut down one of the false intruders into pieces right in front of her. Luckily the situation was explained before he needlessly murdered someone and he wasn't sure how it affected Hemli. She was her normal self after and has been ever since, but Seymour still worried about it. In the courts, Seymour intimately expressed his distaste and voiced his opinion strongly against such an event occurring again. I promised. Promised I would keep her away from all that, always, and I'll make damn sure I will. "Yes, thank you Aleser for all your splendid work. I'm sure it is a relief on our guests to know their protection is our utmost concern" he responded when Aleser was finished speaking. Just then, another servant came up to Seymour and informed him that the dining hall was fit, prepared, and set to receive them and their guests. Seymour nodded confirming the information was received and dismissed the servant with thanks. before looking back to Clarese and offered the princess a small smile. "Come, I am sure after the daunting trip here that you are either of thirst or hunger. Please, Princess Clarese Baroque, allow me to do you the honor of escorting you to our dining hall so you can rest and fill your body with nourishment". Offering her his arm, he escorted her further into the castle to their dining hall. The dining hall was massive, the only other room in the castle that dwarfed it was the grand hall leading up to the throne. Releasing her arm from his, he acted the gentleman just as he was taught should be, and pulled her chair out for you though he hated wearing these false pretenses.

Taking a seat right beside her, he wouldn't admit it, but he was actually very hungry. He hadn't eaten anything yet and after his rigorous morning exercise, he was famished, but to show it would be a disgrace to himself and to his guest. Turning his head, he called over a maid who was standing by in waiting. "Please, send word up to the Ward, Hemli Amalia. She should still be up in Ms. Mill's room. Tell her that she is allowed to join us in the dining hall for breakfast, but please also tell her to be on her best behavior too please. We have privileged guests after all" he instructed and sent the maid off. Hoarding Hemli out of sight away from them could be considered suspicious activity. Though I have no idea what these peoples designs or what their agendas are so it could be dangerous. But keeping her hidden will only prove more dangerous. Then, all of a sudden burst in a merriam of servants carrying sterling silver trays and dishes as they moved about the table and set various plates of food and meals down before them. He looked to Clarese and gave the princess another smile. "We've got quite a spread prepared. Please, pick anything you like". Seymour actually was really fond of shellfish and the lake to the west of Leofric boasted a nearby source for some fine luxury seafood cuisine. Grabbing one of the crab legs, he cracked it open in his hands with minimal effort, and dabbed it in a small saucer of butter before eating it. Some people might consider seafood in the morning for breakfast as unconventional, but Seymour did not care. He liked eating what he liked. Finishing the crab leg in no time flat, though he hoped his pace would not betray how hungry he actually was. It was a fine appetizer to start off with, but now it was time for the main course. Seymour sat and started to fill his plate with more conventional breakfast foods. Hickory smoked bacon. Rolled omelettes. Biscuits and mashed potatoes with a brown gravy sauce. And then finally, just an orange. Holding the knife expertly in one hand, he peeled the orange, and paired it into several slices. Placing the slices down on a an empty place, he looked over to Clarese. "Please, try some orange. The oranges the fruit farmers cultivate from their fields here are wonderfully succulent". He slid the plate over to her so she could give it a try, taking a slice of his own, and solemnly chewed it in silence. Enjoying and savoring it's juicy freshness and citrus tang that was just the perfect thing to help awaken him and give him energy throughout the day.

I'll never let you go again
... I swear it.

iNk_mAy
RoyalKill
darkqueenie
oO Astennu Oo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers