Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image
~Arina the Dancer~

Arina sat there for a minute, dazed at the amount of effort she had to use within such short amount of time as her breathing became shallow. She then looked up at Drythe and Cynward as they spoke before she smiled at Cyneward who had asked if she was alright. The elf inclined her head a little in a light nod before she looked back up at him lazily. "I'll be fine, all I need is rest. I've used far too much magic and strength than I should have today, but once I rest a little, I can heal these wounds on me completely as well as those on the others." She said, offering up a weak smile before she saw the man look down at Catrina with venomous eyes and seemed to ready himself to strike the poor girl. She then listened to his words and heard what the boy said about the situation and clenched her teeth as she stopped stroking the girl's hair. She had failed those she had tried to protect, but then again, now they wouldn't have to suffer. She felt a few tears stream down her cheek before she quickly wiped them away and looked up at them with a small smile. "I guess they at least have peace now. They aren't suffering anymore attacks, they're in no more pain. In a way, she helped them I guess." She said in a soft voice as she looked back down at the little girl who's head was in her lap. "I can't say her heart was in the right place, but I can say that she did end up helping them. I'm sure this wasn't the end of the attack. And with that, I tell you, sir knight, she's coming with us. At least, I will be taking care of the child. I will not allow anymore bloodshed if I can avoid it." She said with another friendly smile.

Many people in Arina's position would have just left the wretch to die and hope that she never haunted the streets again. But not Arina. Arina looked for the good in the girl. The good that might not be there. Still, it was always good to keep your enemies close and the best way to rid yourself of your enemies is by making them your friends. Who knows, maybe the demon girl would joy their side and help them out should they need it. Arina could only hope. She then heard Cyneward's words of a drink and Arina laughed lightly. "I suppose I did offer that, yes. But that might have to wait. I doubt I would have any fun if I passed out while drinking because of the sorry state I'm in." She said in an amused voice as she watched everyone around them.
User Image
Jake Lautter
and
The Devil Threads

Jake didn’t seem to notice Maeve or Balor when they arrived on the roof and kept his eyes on the scene below as he sat of the roof’s edge, swinging his legs a bit like a child would as he began to hum the bittersweet tune he commonly did. Then as if he had eyes in the back of his head an instant before Maeve’s familiar was upon him he suddenly slipped off the edge of the building and fell, avoiding the oncoming attack completely. He only fell a few feet however before a dozen of his black threads caught onto a few decent holds on the side of the building allowing Jake to swing across and around the building without touching the ground. A moment later he was pulling himself back up onto the roof from Maeve’s left side as he spoke with a mocking formality in his voice. “You know that was quite rude.” Pulling himself up to the roof’s ledge he sat down cross-legged, placing his hands on his knees and smiling over at Maeve as he stared intently at her with his solid black eyes and spoke, his threads now oddly out of sight. “Unless you are an assassin, it is only right to introduce yourself formally before attacking. Don’t you think? And besides that I am not really in the mood for taking part in violence at the moment. I have had my fill. I would just like to watch now if you don’t mind…” He then closed his eyes and tilted his head a bit to the side as if he didn’t have a care in the world. “Your ghoulish friend you ordered onto me is quite an interesting fellow by the way. Heh…” And with that said he opened his eyes just a bit as a single thread rand from under his sleeve and up to his face where it then proceeded to scratch his nose as if he had an itch, which in all honesty he did.
User Image
Weltur Maldrith

Ordinarily Weltur would have taught the offender a lesson for showing him such impudence, perhaps dropping them to the ground with his third eye and then allowing them to recover just as their consciousness began to fade. For whatever reason, though, the flippant attitude of this Nazarene did not irk him greatly, and he did not bother removing her hand as she drew her finger down his vestments.

Weltur had on a serious expression and nodded as she explained her philosophy, which he found reasonable enough. It was when her discourse turned to the subject of his wife that he grew curious- What could that woman have done to provoke such rage in this vampire? As she turned and led him down one of the tunnels, he walked quickly to catch up until he walked at her side. As crowds of Strifesworn followed them, large black rats darting beneath their feet and bats swooping overhead, he answered her questions and gave his opinions on the merit of her terms.

"My wife had pale-brown hair and olive skin. One of her eyes had been replaced with a false one of gold-and-ruby which granted her the gifts of second sight and protection from the sun: An object I forged for her myself after a spear-tip caught her in the left eye during the coup against the heretic king. Judging from her looks, she would not appear to be the woman of which you speak." His somber tone lessened as he turned to other subjects. "I believe you have a point regarding our differing beliefs. I may not view your Queen as an equal to the Yellow King, but she surely possesses some power, for such command over these creatures must come from somewhere. Certainly the land above will benefit from an underground city of vampires, who will guard it at night, just as my forces will protect your home during the day. As for the chaff of the prisoners we take, I am afraid we will have to divide them evenly between the two of us, for many enchantments must be placed before I can transform Feora into a proper fortress-city for the Radiant One. I can promise you a share of sacrifices in the future, as well."

They were moving deeper into the tunnel, now, and it widened. Weltur heard footfalls and voices and knew they were passing beneath the Feoran defenses. Soon he would strike them from behind and drive them out of the city they fought so uselessly to hold against him.
User Image
Artym Kay

It had taken a moment for Artym to come back to himself after the spell was completed. The rush of adrenaline and magic felt good after months of idleness. It coursed through him, filled the empty places he never realized he had, and left him feeling ready for more. So it was rather jarring when he walked outside and found everything relatively quiet. The surviving defenders were grouped outside the tent talking amongst themselves. A few stared down at a young girl with malice clearly written on their faces. It didn't take a genius to realize that she was likely a commander of the strifesworn or somehow connected to the attack in the tent at the very least.
Artym listened to the remainder of the conversation and kept his gaze fixed warily on the sleeping demon child. It seemed absurd that such an innocent shell could house a soul so foul that it would command strifesworn, much less set those under her command on helpless victims. Artym seriously doubted that the girl was a normal human. Perhaps possessed by demonkin or demonkin in a human guise. Certainly not feykin though, they were rarely so excessively cruel.

“Your reasoning is flawed healer. That girl murdered those people in cold blood and we would do well to dispatch her before she wakes.” Artym said bluntly, at last lending his thoughts to the conversation. “But you were correct in one regard. This battle is not over. The strifesworn were on the verge of victory when their forces all but disappeared. They will return before long and we will be overrun here. We must gather those who remain and retreat.”

Artym was aware that few people in this group knew who he was and he understood that they probably wouldn't take his words very seriously. Hopefully his recent deeds at the healer's tent would garner him a sliver of respect. If not he would find Maeve and move on before the Strifesworn returned in force. There would be no time for long arguments and explanations. Throughout this time it never occurred to Artym that his mask and hood were still hanging uselessly around his neck leaving his tattoos clear for everyone to see.
(That actually slipped my mind as well, derp too late now hehe)

Dabbler

User ImageUser Image
╔════════════════╗
❂☽ Maeve ☾❂
╚════════════════╝

When the young man dropped from the roof, it was too late for Balor to correct his course. The familiar went flying off the roof. The lack of resistance didn't bother him unduly as he scraped across the street where he landed, narrowly avoiding taking out Cyneward with his tail, Artym with a wing, Denerius with the other wing, and the healer with the rest of him. The monster merely dug his talons into the ground, taking barely a moment to push off and leap back to the roof with another rumbling snarl. He skittered around his mistress turning his sightless gaze on the human.

Maeve was unimpressed by the man's theatrics, instead feeling a cold anger in her gut. These men had died for nothing but entertainment? All three of her eyes narrowed in contempt. "I am no assassin." Balor growled. He was straining to attack. "Balor, jilg." He tensed his muscles ever so slightly. "Jilg!" With a huff he settled for spreading his wings and snapping his jaws. "I will ask you to leave now. Find your entertainment elsewhere, this show is over." Inaudible to human ears, the shide's soft voice held the slightest hint of a keen. She rarely lost control over her voice. Now she was all too willing to use it.

The familiar snarled loudly, sensing the anger of his mistress. With a firm grip on her tone Maeve stood tall and proud. She hadn't been happy about - she reached for his name - Jake's description of Balor as ghoulish. "I will apologize for my actions on the condition that you leave. And if you go without harming anyone, I will even tell you my name." She crossed her arms over her chest. "Do we have a deal?"
User Image
Jake Lautter
and
The Devil Threads

Jake stayed as he was the whole time Maeve spoke, his smile unwavering as he listened. When she was done and her familiar was at her side once more Jake sighed and tilted his head back so his gaze was at the sky as the thread that had been stretching his nose slipped back up his sleeve and out of view. After a moment of thought he sighed and spoke one, his eyes still set on the sky above. “Apologies aren’t really something I care for and I could care even less what your name is tri-eye.” After making his little name calling Jake chuckled a bit before going on speaking, lowering his gaze back to stare at Maeve with her arms crossed over her chest. “I do plan on staying here a while too. I have a few friends who haven’t shown up to this party… so this party is far from over.” As he said that last bit his voice, which had been rather cheery this whole conversation end with a mischievously sly hiss with a demonic undertone. He then narrowed his brow as he slowly stood up, cracking his neck to the side and giving her a wicked grin now. “So in the end… it’s no deal. Less you got something else to put on the table.” As Jake finished speaking this time he set his eyes on Balor with a curious sort of look.

Within his fused mind which was completely fused with the mind of the Devil Threads what would be not but a thick spiders web of black threads in darkness consumed in gleeful madness.
★┣┓┏┫×╰ノ◢ ◣ ◥ ◤ Ω ж ф★┣┓┏┫×╰ノ◢ ◣ ◥ ◤ Ω ж ф

Will it ever end?
Will I find what I'm longing for?
Will I ever walk out of the shadows so grey?
I'm condemned, I am hallowed
Icy fields they won't hurt anymore

User Image "It would appear she is not the one I seek then" Nazerene muttered as she took him through vast empty tunnels, over yawning dark pits that seemed to hold the very sounds of a storm far below. In some places she took him up steep inclines, in others it appeared they were going deeper into the underground network of still catacombs, she said nothing as he spoke of their terms finding them agreeable enough, huge black blind beetles scattered when their queen passed, a nest of what appeared to be acid spiting copper vipers hissed at her as if in greeting when she passed by a nest of them.
"yes the world of the day walkers will be guarded by the children of the night, in addition there will be the matter of mates and on that matter I wish to pick the one I plan on spending the next few thousend years with. I will of course be visiting your grand day city from time to time, I will also be testing the faiths of those you convert as it would be a great annoyence to find you have failed to bring all to heel only to have your past be your ruin, for if it is your ruin it will be mine as well. And I very much wish to remain on this end of the void I have.... matters to take care of first before it is my time to suckle upon the brest of my queen" Nazerene purred as she lead him into a great chamber filled with huge pits filled with the decaying remains of those that she had slain or taken from graves.
"Tell me, you wouldn't happen to know of a green haired teller of events would you?" Nazerene wondered as she finally lead him out of her vast dark world through a hole in the wall, they were now back into the sewer of the city, the cries of men and scream of the dying filling the world above them. Nazerene paused for a momentm savioring the scents of the above, blood mixing with the scents of the sewers. Nazerene walked over to an old rusted ladder and mothioned for him
"I believe this is the place you sought, yes"

Playful Trader

User Image
Denerius Belfore

Denerius was glaring with cold and merciless eyes at Cat as he attacked the girl, her taunt about his weapon falling upon deaf ears, a bit of satisfaction crept onto his features as he blade struck the girl once before he was forced to take defensive measures as she turned to strike back at him. He was unfortunately a bit tired out from fighting the strifesworn, though his only major injury was a gash on his arm he'd received in the tent, but as he moved to dodge the girls strike he stumbled slightly, and had she not been distracted by Arina's return to consciousness, she would have at the very least gotten a grazing blow on him, likely worse, but as it stood he was able to avoid her. Recollecting himself a bit he watched the little girls attention focus on the healer who danced about tiredly avoiding her strikes before the elf grabbed a hold of her, using some herb she held to put the girl to sleep. He was pleased that no one else had to get hurt int order to take the girl down, but now they needed to finish her off before she could do them anymore harm. Arina's treatment of the girl confused and annoyed him as he moved closer to them, she'd healed Cyneward's grievous chest wound and he was glad for that, but as he listened he couldn't help coming to the conclusion that this woman had some very bad logic issues. Denerius was glad to hear the former knight declaring that the girl would not be coming with them, he wanted her dead, but short of that she certainly wouldn't be joining them, but Arina's words quickly got to him. "HELPED them?! Oh yes, well miss healer, I see you're wounded so let me just put you out of your misery now shall I? She didn't ******** help them, she KILLED them, she's a cold blooded killer, those people could have lived if she hadn't come along." he yelled, pausing as Artym spoke his piece and gesturing toward the man as he spoke again. "Exactly, I'm with him on this, I say we kill her now before she goes on any more happy little killing sprees, and then we get somewhere safer, because I know this is far from over. I don't know where you've got your head right now, but you might want to get it back on your shoulders, because either she dies right now like she should to pay for her crimes, or we leave her, cus the only bloody way she's coming with us is tied and dragged behind a ******** horse. I don't know about you but I'm not too keen on being killed in my sleep by some little b***h with a taste for death." he said, his voice angry and holding great malice towards Cat.

Looking to Cyneward as he began to apologize for failing them all he shook his head with a somewhat exasperated sigh, "Don't think on it, its war we all knew this was coming and we all stayed by choice prepared for the possibilities of what could happen. This was the fault of many people, for being unprepared, for not taking the strifesworn seriously enough, for many other countless things that culminated into this disaster, the blame does not lie squarely on any one man or woman's shoulders." he said, not wanting the blonde to feel badly about the situation. Denerius was however quickly startled from his thoughts as Balor came crashing down, nearly hitting each of them, though he narrowly avoided them all somehow, stumbling back a little he prepared himself for an attack before he realized it was the familiar. "Balor? Where's Maeve?" he asked, more to himself than to the creature as it took off toward the rooftop again his eyes followed it, concern for the seer rising in him, it seemed like her familiar had been trying to attack someone, and if that was the case then she might be in danger. He could make out the vague shape of the woman, and what he guessed was another person on the roof, they didn't quite seem to be fighting at the moment, but clearly it wasn't a good situation given the state Balor had been in. Without hesitating he took off toward the building, sheathing his dagger, he would worry about the debate regarding Cat later, for now he needed to make sure that Maeve wasn't in trouble. Sprinting at the wall he jumped up a pile of crates, scrambling along the wall until he was able to grasp a window ledge, hoisting himself up he made it to the roof a minute or two later, pulling himself onto it and quickly drawing his dagger while he crouched and watched the scene quietly from the shadows, trying to discern what was going on. He'd swear he'd seen the man around before, perhaps at the tavern the night before, but he wasn't sure, regardless there were countless bodies littering the roof and that did not bode well, watching him closely he waited to see what would happen.

Dabbler

User ImageUser Image
╔════════════════╗
❂☽ Maeve ☾❂
╚════════════════╝

Maeve shrugged as he began talking, though a muscle in her cheek twitched when she heard his nickname. Tri-eye? Was that really the best he could do? At the very least he was clueless about her nature. "My mistake. I was under the impression that you were one of those who cared excessively about manners, due to your bringing them up." Her eyes narrowed further at his declaration. He made her skin crawl, that he thought such pointless slaughter was a party. The shide wasn't intimidated in the slightest by Jake's demonic tone of voice. She had dealt with much worse over her life, not the least of which was Weltur's cacophony from the night before. It came as no surprise when he declared that he would not accept that deal. Which in a strange way was a relief. If he had found that reasonable, Maeve would have suspected he was mad. And if he was mad, there was no guarantee that he would follow any bargain made.

"Make an offer," she said as calmly as she could. It would do no good to get upset by him. It would only hand him the advantage. Balor curled his tail around her waist protectively, careful not to tear the fabric of her robes with the bladed appendage. Jake's curious glances towards her familiar did not go unnoticed by either of them, and the creature was growling unhappily. Normally he would have been more attentive to the surroundings, but he was worried about his mistress. Though he couldn't speak, Balor was not a stupid beast. He was a creation of wisdom, magic, blood, and will power. He could sense just as well as Maeve could the death-stained aura of the human in front of them, and had also deduced what had torn the archers to shreds. So with his attention on the man that the shide was trying to bargain with to get him to leave, the enormous creature did not notice the arrival of Denerius. Maeve was glad to feel the weight of her dagger in its holster on her thigh.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Ex-Knight -

Cyneward began to frown as Arina spoke, taking a step forward. "...Help them?" he asked quietly, in utter disbelief. "Help them!?" he screamed without warning, pointing at Catrina. "That 'child' is a monster! No better than the Strifesworn that have annihilated my city, my home! Of course her heart wasn't in the right place, she doesn't have one!" as he cried out, tears beginning to gather in his eyes once more as his voice broke a small amount. "She attempted to cut me down and intended to do the same to you, tried to also kill Denerius, and has been doing who knows what to Drythe. I owe you my life Arina, and for that I will make this exception, and this exception alone, but she is not to be let out of your sight, is that clear? The moment we turn away she will try to stab us in the back, you can attempt to look for purity in the girl all you want, but you will find none. Not only that, but you're going to have to convince the others - and you haven't quite worked miracles on all of them." he told her, noting Denerius' adamant opinion on the matter, not blaming the man at all.

His green-haired ally's words of reassurance were a minor help, but this guilt would rest upon his conscience for a long time. At the very least, he had let them down, he had no idea wether Divona was still alive or not because of him, and Malith was certainly gone, the blame falling to Cyneward. Giving a small sigh he looked to Artym and gave a nod of agreement. "Indeed. Whatever the case, Feora...Feora is lost...the only option we have left is to go elsewhere. I say we travel to Nayavere, to the south. It's out of the way of the horde, and will give us time to clear our heads at the very least. I'm sure mister Phoenix Knight can help us arrive there." he added with a faint smile, apparently he and this new arrival were acquainted. "My name is Cyneward, by the way. Cyneward Atreus." he mentioned, mostly to Arina and Artym, and after a moment something caught his eye, something barrelling towards them. "HOLY--!!" he crouched down to avoid the impact, looking over to see Balor who had almost crashed into them, having no idea what he was. "What just happened!?"

Business Businessman

User Image
- Drythe Hallover -
- [X] -
- Repentant Catastrophe -

Drythe looked out of his hands with shock as Cyneward weakly spoke to him, telling him that he wasn't dead. He didn't say anything, he simply wiped his eyes and did as he was told, trembling from the pain of his wounds, he moved onto one knee and then to his feet. Once he was up, he felt stable enough to support his friend, who was in a far worse position than him. Propping him up with his arm and shoulder, the two moved to face Arina and Catrina. The angry words that he spoke in regards to Cat, as true as they were, caused him looked across with pain in his eyes. As he raised his fist, Drythe backed off. At least he seemed stable too now, and eventually relented.
"Uh. Cyneward? She's not..." He choked up a little, but seeing that she was still unconscious, he carried on.
"She's not my sister. I...I don't know what she is to me." He trailed off as Arina spoke about those who had died in this attack now having peace. Nobody could deny that she was right, this battle was lost and at the very least they wouldn't have to see the aftermath. The way that Arina spoke made it sound like she thought that goodness existed in the demon's heart, and this filled him with hope. Hope that someone else believed what he believed, no matter how naive the notion was.

Cyneward and Denerius didn't feel the same way, as they suddenly both burst out into rage. Even the new arrival, Artym, was talking of killing her while she slept. The idea to end her, three-fold, was something that Drythe couldn't stand idly by. And he felt it was time to come clean, about everything. He jumped forward in front of Arina and Cat, holding his arms out to form a human barrier.
"If you're going to kill her, then you have to go through me." He took a deep breath.
"I don't know what this girl has done to my head, or my heart, but I care about her. I care about her enough to know that things can be made right without her having to be killed." He paused again, and the rest just came spilling out.
"Because, if there's no hope for her, then there is no hope for me...For I am the Reaper of Little Vargol. Responsible for countless deaths in a rage of despair and insanity. I was saved by one man, and the reason I am here is to atone for my atrocities. If Catrina is to die, then run me through with the same blade. For I am just as guilty as she is, not to mention that it's my fault she's here in the first place."

He didn't wait for their responses, he simply turned to face Arina.
"...Do you really think we can help her?"
User Image
Weltur Maldrith

OOC: Minor puppeteering on Nazarene here, I just had her climb to the surface when Weltur and his army did, and allow her forces to charge as his did. If you had other plans for her tell me and I'll change my post right away.

Weltur marveled at the vast network of catacombs over which this vampiress ruled. He thought he caught the occasional gleam of a red eye to big to be a rat's, looking inquisitively from cracks in the ancient walls. In the depths beneath them, pale shapes, quick and quiet, darted across dim, crumbling bridges and into tunnels, so fluidly and silently as to seem almost tricks of the light. It was an incredible boon to have a fully-fledged crypt-city of vampires just beneath Feora, eager to ally themselves with him and content to let him rule the surface. Truly, the Yellow King had smiled upon him, rewarding him for his decades of waiting for a sign without any complaint.

Weltur's tone grew familiar and his expression relaxed as he continued his conversation with Nazarene, whom found very much to his liking. She was as fervent as he was, despite the difference in their cosmologies, and each was much the same as the other in their goals, motives, and methods. The pact between the Order of the Yellow Sign and the followers of this Queen of Nightmares would be a union of unstoppable might. Weltur listened attentively to her question, and knew immediately who Nazarene spoke of when she referred to the green-haired seer.

"I know exactly who you refer to, my friend. Her name is Maeve Sangster, and she is a Shide who maintains relative neutrality in this conflict, seeking to prevent the deaths of our foes but refusing to take arms against our forces so long as we do not harm the city's children. I telepathically twisted her mind to suspicion of the Feorans when she attempted to scry on me and was caught off guard by my wards. She commands a large and powerful familiar, but it does not seek to injure us. I am not sure how long the knot I tied in her psyche will last, or if it will develop and become permanent, but so long as we leave her and the children well enough alone she is no threat."

He stopped and stepped to the side as his Strifesworn began to climb one by one up the ladder into the light above, Nazarene's carnivore-rats hanging lightly by their teeth upon their dark forms, using them as willing transportation to the surface. When all of the great horde had reached the top, Weltur, Nazarene, and Kul-Malith climbed up after them, into the late-afternoon sun.

The trio stood in the center of an intimidating mass of Strifesworn and overgrown vermin, which filled almost fully Feora's central plaza. Weltur looked down the main strip that led to the broken gate, and by his torch's far-reaching light he could perceive a large gathering of Feora's exhausted troops resting and keeping their eyes trained on the city's open gate. Little did they know that their enemies were behind them. Weltur suddenly perceived a flash of orange light off in the hills, and heard a battle-cry of great fervor issued by a small number. Reinforcements, were they? They would not break Weltur's onslaught, for now the heretics would take on the role of the invader and the Strifesworn would benefit from a defensive advantage. In response to his new enemies, Weltur gripped his staff tightly and sent into the sky a sign of his own: A woman's form, wrapped in black fog and lined by a crimson light jetted into the sky. Parallel, the shining but sinister winged representation of the Yellow King shot upwards as well. As the pair of illusions met, they warped and formed the Yellow Sign, which gave off a light like the sun's even as ominous, red-streaked shadows whirled behind it. The sky darkened for a moment, and then the image had faded just as soon as it had appeared.

The Strifesworn and their pestilential allies thronged forward, taking the Feorans by surprise and scattering them in a quick and violent rout. The Strifesworn trampled the slow-to-react and left them to be finished off by Nazarene's rats. The warier foes had no choice but to flee the black tide and make a desperate, disorganized run for the city's exit. As the many Strifesworn threw themselves against the outnumbered new reinforcements, attacking with reckless abandon, Weltur turned to Nazarene.

"It is as good as won. Now, Nazarene, I am curious: Why do you seek knowledge about this Maeve Sangster?"

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image
~Arina the Dancer~

Arina listened to everyone's protest about taking the girl with them, well everyone but Drythe protested. She then smiled as Drythe revealed what he had done and shook her head, her white hair bouncing about her shoulders before she looked down at the girl. "It is easy to find the bad in someone and cling onto the idea that they are all bad when that's all you see, but when you can know your enemy and find the good, then you are one step closer to defeating them by letting their good traits shine and bringing out something you didn't quite think was there. I will not let any harm befall this girl. Nor will I allow any harm to befall any of you. As you saw, I'm prefectly capable of taking her down without a blade. If you will not allow her to travel with you, then I shall take her elsewhere. Just because someone seems bad doesn't mean they are. She acted like this was a game. Much like how a child would behave. I suppose she is a child at heart and thus, that is where I'll start." She said with a thoughtful smile at everyone before she saw a large creature fall from a building and smiled at it. "Why hello there." She said with a bright smile before she looked up to the building from whence the creature came from before seeing Jake and Maeve. She then heard Jake's words and nodded slightly. "I know that there is a way to help bring out the good in her, we just have to find what makes her tick, and I have a feeling you are one of those things." She said with a grin before she cast her eyes up at the building. "Oi Jake, careful not to fall. We wouldn't want you falling off that roof top like this big fellow did." She called up in a friendly voice. She hadn't known what was actually going on on the rooftop, but he had been so nice and friendly at the bar, she had thought of him as somewhat of a new friend. She had no idea what he had done prior to being on the roof top.

Business Businessman

User Image
< Sir Justin Ramarith >
< O >
< Righteous Phoenix >

Justin's forces fought well, a testament to their intense training. The warriors stayed close together and battled Strifesworn in small groups as they attacked. The cadre of knights stayed at the front, with the less-experienced militia staying behind and helping. The hand full of healers that had been brought with stayed with other small groups of men to round up the remaining living and bring them back to a barricaded house at the entrance of the city. They were holding well, thanks to their zeal and preparation.

The Phoenix Knight himself cut his way through straggling monsters, making his way up to what was left of the healer's tent. The area seemed pretty clear at this point, so he didn't have time to dawdle. But he wanted to make a quick check to make sure, the flames on his armour died down but his armour remained bright. Slowly walking around the side, he noticed a small group of people. A familiar face among them. Justin raised an eyebrow.
"...Cyneward Atreus." It was no other than one of Malith's pupils. A fine knight judging from that information alone.

Will it ever end?
Will I find what I'm longing for?
Will I ever walk out of the shadows so grey?
I'm condemned, I am hallowed
Icy fields they won't hurt anymore

User Image Nazerene couldn't help but let out a low hiss of displeasure when she came out of her dark kingdom and into the intense brightness of the world of light and life. She narrowed her eyes, the hateful light of that wicked foul sun felt like acid on her eyes that were so used to the black nothing of her catacombs. After a long moment her eyes grew acustomed to the hateful sunlit world and she relaxed, opening her eyes the rest of the way. Nazerene watched as Weltur displayed his talents, she found the use of his foul magic stangly exciting, what was more the sheer amount of panic their combined forces made was truely wonderful, as if both the Yellow King and the Queen of Empty Night were now persionally involved in smighting the non believers. Not to be out done by the display of a man, Nazerene threw her arms out towards the fleeing men, a huge crashing sound filled the day as a large hole appeared in the fabric of reality, hollowing screams seemed to vomit fourth from the rip between worlds as the gaping hole sucked in fleeing men, Strifesworn, and even some of the vampires own rats, then it violently closed, splasing the already fleeing blasphemers with the blood of their friends. Nazerene smiled as she obeserved the damnage she had caused, the air was filled with the sweet scent of blood, turning she eyed the priest and said, her voice seeming to fill with cold determination
"because I want to offer her body to those who will we work, I want her to scream in agony as I slowly pull out her guts, I want her to bag for death as I tell her of it. But mostly I want to rip out her soft eyes, I want her blind to events yet to unfold. In this way I will not only be taking pleasure from her but I also will be abnble to assure that none may use her gift to bring harm to us or those like us, having a seer around is deadly in the exterme" Nazerene said as she turned her attenion back to blood bath before her, oh how she yerned to join the fray, to be part of that sweet release in the most intimate of ways, for to see a soul depart was to witness the divine...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff