Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Tipper

User Image

So I really wanted to have a basic, generic forest walk-in roleplay. I haven't seen any around, and I just want to play without the hassle of plot restrictions and long, formal, applications. This welcomes every RPer out there, from the new players who need practice and help to improve, to the literate.
The plot is free-range and open concept, anything can happen and develop!
Magic, violence, romance, and everything in between is embraced.

The Basics...

In a world similar to our own, an ancient forest is home to many Mythical creatures of lore. This forest resides just outside of the human kingdom.
Despite it being home to mostly humans, some creatures do dwell within the castle town.
The humans have a strong discrimination against other beings, and are selective towards the races they find acceptable to live amongst them. To the lesser races, they often try and rid the lands of these mythical beings.
The humans wish to be the dominating power in the lands, and the method they have chosen is force. The mythicals, despite if they are accepted by humans or not, do not approve of such brutality. Selective clans have chosen to rebel against the humans. Some have chosen to submit, in order to avoid a war. Other's have chosen to join the humans, in a lust for power.

In the center of the giant forest, is a great mountain. Mysterious caverns and builds are scattered up it's summit, not many know just who resides there. It is rumored that it holds great power, and is the heart of of the land. Dragons, and other giant beasts have been seen in mountain range. Some believe they are guardian's to the most precious power the land holds, and will not bend to the will of any mythical, or human who wishes to know the secrets of the mountain.

.::. This is a Medieval Fantasy Setting. No technology or advanced weapons! .::.

The Rules...

Please follow GaiaOnline's forum rules and guild lines.

Being a fantasy, I am not going to be overly strict about authenticity. There can be magically enhanced items, functional utilities, etc.

No Cybering please.

Any Questions please PM me, or post in the OOC thread.

Please keep OOC minimum here, please take it to the OOC thread.

Please no advanced technology. (guns, cellphones, cars, etc)

No GodModding

You may have as many characters as you want, as long as you can maintain them.

Please use proper grammar. One strong paragraph minimum.

Making your post look visually appealing is optional, but try to provide a picture of your character with out stretching the page.

Use what ever profile skeleton you want, I have provided one if you do not wish to make your own.

Post your profiles under the proper profile thread and go.

If you chose to leave, please delete your character from the profile thread.

Be friendly, and please don't ignore people. It isn't nice. How would you like to be ignored, hm?

Have fun!!

Profiles...

[b]User Name:[/b][size=10] HERE [/size]

[b]Name:[/b][size=10] HERE [/size]

[b]Age:[/b][size=10] HERE [/size]

[b]Race:[/b][size=10] HERE [/size]

[b]Weapons:[/b][size=10] HERE [/size]

[b]Powers:[/b][size=10] HERE [/size]

[b]Bio:[/b][size=10] HERE [optional] [/size]

[b]Personality:[/b][size=10] HERE [/size]

[b]Residence:[/b][size=10] HERE [Forest or Kingdom][/size]

[b]Appearance:[/b][size=10] HERE [/size]

Tipsy Tipper

The Inhabitants...

•Humans

-Mag, the Survivor.
-Nia, the Sorceress
-Olivia, the Fel Paladin
-Liao, the Queen of Nanchou
-Isolde and ferret Widget
- Ezriel, Sergeant of The Guard
-Gwynevere, the Witch
-Cedric, the Wandering Swordsman
-Roland, the Bounty Hunter
-Wolfram, the Weapons Master
-Rosetta, the Sorceress
-Nymue, the High Priestess
-Damien, the Queens Guard

•Mythical

-Denzel, the Lycan.
-Viadus, the Trapped Spirit.
-Dreamweaver, the Simulacrum of The Veil
-Aelita, the Fox
-Tyrannus, the Tyrant Lizard King
-Ailuna, the Moon Nymph
-Aurora, the Witch
-Ayrgos, the Demon
-Deimos, the Winged Humanoid
-Ghaz, the Ogre
-Hahnu, the Dragon
-Meal, the Compendium
-Skara, the Half Orc
-Quilby, the Demi-God-Demon
-Dyraleth, the Dragon

Tipsy Tipper

Tipsy Tipper

Quest Logs...

No quests thus far...

Tipsy Tipper

.::. OPEN ..::.

Current News....

Mid Summer
Afternoon
Light Showers

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
Viadus
-Servant to the Sword-

The body of the fallen bandit lay just at the border of the great forest. The corpse was cooling, dead for a few hours now. The beast that overwhelmed him had shown no interest in the spirit or his sword. It had fed and disappeared back into the comforting darkness of the trees.

There was a warm breeze that tugged at the strange man's clothing. He stood vigil over the corpse, unable to roam far from the strange blade in its hand. Viadus turned his milky eyes skyward, dappled in the sunlight streaming through the forest's leaves. He could see the human's city with ease from the treeline. Surely someone would come to investigate the dead. Or perhaps wild creatures would drag his sword with the body, deep into the darkness of the woods.

Tipsy Tipper

User Image
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
. : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : .
xxxxxxxx
____________D ҽ η ʑ ҽ ɭ ____________ xxxxxxxx

It had only need about 3 weeks, since Denzel had made his great escape from the Kingdom. He had hopes of finding a place of his own, and hopefully find other Lycans, that could accept him. Denzel hoped to leave this embarrassing past behind him, once and for all. Despite having many hopes, he also had fears. What if he was rejected because of the human branding around his neck?
Being owned by such disgusting creatures, was more humiliating than getting beat up by a pixie. If anyone saw the collar that was on him; they would definitely know his previous services, which could cause him to be shunned. A heavy sigh escaped the adolescence's lips as he looked down at his feet as he trailed on. His leather boots were scuffed from the traveling, and the delicate buckles that strapped them on in 3 places clinked and rattled with each step. A sound he was use to hearing.

With survival instincts almost tossed in the garbage, the young Lycan remained clueless on what to do for acquiring food. The only thing he could manage was pick berries, and drink from the streams. Lucky for him, he hadn't picked any poisonous berries yet. Without a map, Denzel was practically clueless as to where anything in the surrounding lands were located. Even if he had a human map, it would be helpful to knowing where the human territories lay.
Remaining in the thicker part of the forest, Denzel kept an eye on the traveler’s path that cut through this part of the forest; hoping it would lead somewhere.

The reason he wasn't walking on the path himself, was because, only yesterday, a horseman came galloping up behind him, in attempts to capture him. Being the Blacksmith's “pet” made his face to be well known in the kingdom, since the man was pretty high up and valued. He wouldn't be surprised that they were looking for him, only to bring him back to be executed for his crimes. It took quite some time, escaping from the horseman, but somehow, Denzel managed. From the fright it gave him, his travels had been completely disoriented. To be honest with himself, Denzel had no idea if he was walking the right way!

Adjusting the large, over-sized ebony colored coat, Denzel kept it secure around his neck to ensure his collar wouldn't be seen. Trying to be as quiet as possible, he stepped over branches, and other vegetation. Unfortunately, every now and then he be caught off guard, and stepping on something he thought as secure. Creating loud snaps, that seemed to echo through the acoustic trees.

Stopping, after half an hour of walking, Denzel let out a heavy sigh. He wanted to go back on the path. It would be faster, and quieter.... It's not like the horseman is around, or any other hunters. In fact, not any Mythical being were around either. "I thought I traveled far enough away from the kingdom for there to be others by now..."
Denzel stepped out cautiously onto the traveler’s trail. It reeked of humans...
Acting like a doe eyed deer, Denzel kept glancing behind him, as he kept walking.
How pathetic, he really did look like a lost puppy.
Timid sharp breaths hitched out of his throat at he picked up the pace, trying to gain as much distance as he could before nightfall.
Soft grey eyes became mortified as he saw a group of 3 men walking up the trail towards him. They were human.
Why were there humans coming out of the woods? Unless… Denzel had been walking the wrong way this whole time!
Bolting off into the brush he frantically got away before the others could really notice him.
Aimlessly he ran until he stumbled over something, causing him to fall to his hands and knees.
Crawling back up, he saw a corpse of a man… at least it looked like a man.
Clutching his chest in deep breaths, he tried to calm himself down. This was no good, whatever killed this guy must be close by, since the corpse didn’t look that old.

User Image

ℒocation On the Outskirts of the Kingdom
ωith A Dead Body
O.O.C Kind of a bad opening, sorry >.>

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
Viadus
-Servant to the Sword-

Something was coming. Viadus fell into his natural instincts and willed himself invisible to the casual viewer. Smell was another matter, though he had little scent to produce with a magical construct for a body. Anything with the ability to sense him in that manner would realize he was not quite flesh and blood. He smelled of scorched earth, ancient ashes.

The spirit took a few hasty paces back as a young man raced towards him. Could the stranger have seen him at a distance? Viadus flinched when the lycan stumbled over the half eaten human corpse. Clearly not, judging by horrified look crossing the young man's features. Viadus' brow furrowed. The face was a familiar one. Someone who had crossed paths with the raiders before? Or his witch? It was possible, but neither option seemed quite right.

Anxious Prophet

User Image tab User Image
M tab A tab G tab P tab I tab E

From the cover of the trees, Mag watched the scene below him unfold with an almost animal fascination. There was a dead man down there -- Mag could smell the copper of his blood, even from up in the tree where he was perched! -- and a rather pretty blade. The other person, or maybe creature (in these woods, one never could tell), seemed preoccupied. Maybe, if he was quiet enough, he could creep down and steal the sword before its keeper knew he was there... But then this plan was summarily ruined when a third person stumbled onto the scene, completely disturbing the peace of the moment. How dare he! Just as Mag was about to swing down from his perch, the sword-man disappeared, once again distracting his addled mind with interest. Climbing deftly down from the tree to stand in front of the dead man and the other, he prodded the half-eaten corpse with a naked toe and turned toward the one who cowered.

"Cog ya this fella knowed he'd get to be crow-meat?" he chirped, a mad grin wide on his features. His dialect was one common in the slums. "Comes fer when ya 'vade the forest, aye? Whatfer ya shidderin' about? Stone dead, it be. Ain't ta hurt ya."

Tipsy Tipper

User Image
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
. : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : . : ✧ : .
xxxxxxxx
____________D ҽ η ʑ ҽ ɭ ____________ xxxxxxxx

Just as Denzel managed to level out his breathing, he swallowed heavily. Looking around frantically trying to tell if he was followed... or more importantly, being watched.
The adrenaline pumping through him so furiously, nearly cancelled out his ability to identify scents. The overwhelming stench of blood and flesh was enough to make his eyes water, and the ability to tell anything else apart was difficult.
Disgusted, the young Lycan's face became paler by the second as he looked at the corpse... the man's facial features were distorted and body shredded. In the clutch of the man's hand, was a sword. He thought it was cuious that it was never taken by the killer, unless it was a pure blooded animal.
After consideration, Denzel decided to bend over and try to take the sword out of the stiff grip.
It's not like he will be needing it... What if those men followed me? I am to tiered to shift... I'll be stuck in this form for a while... he reassured himself that stealing would be acceptable.

Pulling on it, he managed to get it free and held it with weak hands. Hands that had never held a weapon in their entire life.
Shaking his head of the disgusting stench, blew a tuft of black hair from his face. Looking up to reassess his surroundings was when he saw a man, hardly a foot away.
A man who prodded the corpse with a bare foot, his speech was something terrible. Unable to tell if he was a human from his senses being overwhelmed, Denzel staggered backwards.
A muted cry stuck in his throat as he fell onto his rear, dropping the sword at his side.
"I-I'm sorry!" He automatically belted out. He was prepared to plea for his life if need be.His timid scared gaze locked onto the toothy grin the other made and trembled from that sight.
When he was informed that the corpse wouldn't hurt cause harm, Denzel shook his head fearfully. "I-I'm not scared of it!" He retorted, his fingers crawling towards the sword's handle. "G-Get away!" He demanded weakly, trying to swallow his fright and sound moderately brave. Standing up with the sword now in hand, he tried to find a way out. A way to escape if the man didn't comply. There was no way Denzel was capable of combat, being so young.

User Image

ℒocation On the Outskirts of the Kingdom
ωith A Dead Body, and a strange man.
O.O.C

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
Queen Liao of Nanchou
The Lady Rui-Hsi

User Image Liao Rui-Hsi, Queen of the kingdom of Nanchou, was moving with her royal entourage down a forested road, her royal palanquin attended to by her servants and advisers while her mounted guards ensured their charge's protection. Within the enclosed palanquin, the young Queen was busied by reading kingdom reports and answering letters sent to her by her vassal lords and ladies. She had just come from visiting relatives in a nearby kingdom and, after traveling many miles, was glad that she was nearing her own kingdom again.

"Ugh." She muttered as she affixed her seal to a scroll, having long mastered the art of paperwork in a moving Palanquin. "On long trips, this box gets so stuffy. I must remind myself to commission a larger one when we return to Zhangyi Castle."

Activity: Traveling with the Royal Entourage and getting caught up on paperwork

((Saw I needed a profile after I posted. Situation has been rectified.))

Hygienic Smoker

Nia Luella Neusty

User Image

The telltale jingle of coins echoed quietly as a simple brown pouch was placed upon a gloved palm. Pale fingers deftly undid the tie before pale green eyes curiously counted the silvery contents. "No trust in us, even before giving me proof. Typical." Those pale green eyes glanced up at the burly buyer of her services, a smirk following as she was both satisfied with her pay and amused at the man's words. "Trust? The only trust I concern myself with is in my power and in those whom purchase that power to pay in full --" A quick knot ensured the coin wouldn't slip free, the hooded Nia standing from her leisure as she peered coldly toward the man. " -- or else they suffer the same fate as those I'm paid to . . . apprehend." Her smirk was replaced with a sneer then, her free hand tossing a similar brown pouch which immediately spilled open. Soot and ashes flowed free, the freshly-incinerated aroma quick to spread and cause a few eyes within the tavern to glance their way. The man peered with wide eyes, noticing the steel collar within the sack that belonged to the now cremated orc-blood. "Now I trust your superiors will be in contact whence more of their slaves become expendable." With that she spun and exited the busying tavern, Nia none too keen on the places though the mug of mead she'd had waiting for the contact certainly hit the spot.

The gentle thud of staff hitting cobblestone followed each step, Nia's bare feet carrying her toward the gates of the kingdom. Though she'd succeeded in one capture she had more to attend to. There was no shortage of mythical escaping the kingdom or simple prejudice and fear compelling nobles and commoners alike to pay special individuals once they realize the kingdom's military cares little for their affairs. "Dog eat dog." Nia muttered to herself, eyes settling ironically over a rather recent addition to the bounty board near the city's gates.

HERE-YE:

Denzel. Lycan. Slave to Master Blacksmith Altessa. Recognized by steel neck collar, black hair and pale-blue eyes. One-hundred gold alive. No gold dead. No exceptions.

"One hundred? What did you do, prey?" Questioned Nia with an excited smile, the thrill of the hunt always able to hoist her spirits even as she ventured out of the kingdom and into the uncertain dangers of the great forest. It was more her element anyhow; a place of chaos. All bets off and no rules to follow. It was a feeling like no other, one Nia was keen on experiencing once more. The slowly setting sun made her hood useless, the sorceress flicking it back with a single hand before shading her eyes with the same. A pair of figures were seen off in the distance, movement akin to a hostile situation playing out for the peering woman. "The hunt begins." Nia rested her staff upon her shoulder as she stepped out onto the earth of the kingdom outskirts, her path steady in its direction toward the border of the forest.

xxxxxxxAt: Outside the Kingdom
xxxxxxxWith: Nobody currently
xxxxxxxOOC: Woo! First post!

Beloved Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
Olivia Felburn
The Fel Paladin

TABTwo weeks. Two hellish weeks trudging through forest and heavy rain. Olivia had had to fight through wild animals, bandit attacks, and had run out of her rations almost two days before she finally reached the kingdom she had set out for. She could only imagine that the kingdom had never been threatened by invasion in earnests - surely they would know the enemy was coming well before hand or at least the attacking troops would be exhausted.

Olivia was just glad to finally be sitting down. The first thing she did upon entering the kingdom was find a place for her and her horse to rest - work could continue after she had a little R&R. After a little rest, food, and some drink, Olivia was back on her feat, pink hair flowing behind her, heavy sword at her hip and greaves pounding the earth.

Of course, hanging around in the pubs before getting to work served multiple purposes: as far as she was concerned the easiest way to gather local information was from the drunkards at the bar. Oh boy did their lips flap. Olivia already knew that the area had a particular issue with mythicals but she hadn't realized that the citizens were so worked up about it - making money here was going to be easier than she thought. Even so, it was official business first and smaller jobs later; she would check out the bounty board.

There were a few listings on the bounty board but one in particular caught her eye: the posting was for a lycan. His name was Denzel. Steel neck collar, black hair and pale-blue eyes. He was a slave to a Master Blacksmith. There was a one-hundred gold reward for his return. Zilch for his death.

Olivia sighed and rubbed her temple. She had only just gotten to this damned city and she was already conflicted. She almost wished she hadn't even seen the forsaken posting. Damn her soft heart...there was no way she was going to let some poor person get dragged back into slavery. She didn't care what was law around this place.

It was time to get back to work. Olivia began to make her way towards the gates of the kingdom to enter into the surrounding lands. Most of the walk consisted of her checking her gear and contemplating whether she was going to go through with her plan; surely she was going to make a lot of enemies when she worked against this contract.

((alright, sorry about that wait))
User Image
With a lycan and a dead body and strange man.
OOC: I hope this is a good post

Aelita Stones

Running from her master into the outskirt of the kingdom. As she runs she sees a Lycan, a dead man, and a strange man. As she goes to run past them the chain that is on her neck gets stepped on by a women who began to pull Aelita back, saying "You little brat your not getting away". Aelita being pulled back the women clearly hadnt seen the lycan, dead man, and the other man. She finally gets Aelita close enough to backhand her. Looking up at the women she sees she pulling out whip. She pulls on the chain to get it free but failed and is now on the ground from being pulled forward. Looking up the women gets ready to whip Aelita when she finally notices the dead man, lycan, and strange man. SHe says "if you dont want to be next than leave". She didnt care about them she just wanted to get her money for the trade for Aelita.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff