Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Roaven had all but given up on actually getting through, already thinking through what he was going to say into the machine when the phone was answered. At first, it almost seemed like he had gotten through to the machine before he realized that it was a secretary of some sort. He supposed that he shouldn't be surprised considering how wealthy Keaton seemed to be, as he probably couldn't be bothered handling every little thing himself. "My name is Roaven." He said in response to the inquiry. "I was, ah, hoping to get in direct contact wtih Mr. Yukin." He added, doubting that his request would be prioritized particularly high on the list, but he figured that it was better to get his foot in the door, even if just to a small degree.

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
"Roaven...?" she asked more to herself than anything, trying to see if the name sounded -familiar. "Roaven...Roaven... Hm... Well, Roaven, unfortunately--" She didn't finish her sentence, having been distracted. Roaven might be able to hear her muffled voice and some other noise in the background as she conversed with someone else. Then everything went quiet for a few seconds.

"Ah, Roaven, is that really you?" Keaton asked, sounding quite excited. "I had begun to think that you had forgotten about me!" It sounded like he was glad to have been remembered rather than upset at being forgotten like Roaven probably expected.

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Roaven frowned when the secretary seemed to be about to tell him that he wasn't on a list of those who were allowed direct contact, wondering if perhaps he had gotten the wrong number. He was about to double check when he heard Keaton's voice, relieved that he had intervened on Roaven's behalf. "Yeah, it's me. I'm really sorry about that, but I've been busy recently." He explained. "I also....misplaced my cell phone, so I had to call from a friend's." He added, hoping that Keaton wasn't too offended at how long it had taken him. "Anyway, I doubt the details of my being occupied would be interesting, but I was just wondering if...well, the next time you were free, if you were interested, if we might see each other again." He said, seeming to try to find the right words to avoid coming off as too entitled or presumptuous. "I mean, I'm sure you're busy, but, when you get a chance..." He trailed off, leaving the statement hanging, the end of it all but a given.

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
Keaton laughed lightly after Roaven had finished explaining. "No need to worry. I understand how that can go, what with all the twists and turns of life. Though I'm sure something that happened to you since we last met was probably interesting enough to mention," he added. After all, if Roaven had been out of contact with him for that long, something had to have happened at some point. "Feel free to come over whenever you wish! I have nothing scheduled between now and next week. Well, nothing that I can't easily put off for a day," he quickly amended. "I must say, I really have been looking forward to your visit, always hoping that I might hear from you again. But that was the past, this is the present, and I'm simply delighted to hear that you finally have time for little old me! So, when would you like to come over?"

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Roaven nodded. "You have no idea." He said with a laugh, at first suspecting that Keaton had caught wind of either his battle with Rachel or with the spider-insect, but relaxing when he realized that the man was simply making an assumption based on how long he had been out of contact. "I have training sessions with a friend of mind a few days a week, but I'm free both today and tomorrow, whichever is more convenient for you." He told Keaton, leaving the ultimate decision to him, for, as far as Roaven was concerned, it was certainly going to be more trying on Keaton's schedule than on his own. He was very relieved at how well Keaton was reacting to his call, as well as the man's friendliness. Roaven didn't trust him completely, yet, but nor did he particularly distrust the man, as he seemed honest and friendly enough.

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
"Well, if that's the case, why not come over today? No need to further postpone our already delayed rendezvous, if you ask me," he said with a smile in his voice. "Feel free to come any time today, whenever you're ready. You still have my address, correct? I believe I put it on the same paper as my number, assuming my memory isn't playing tricks on me." It was worth checking, considering that it would be pointless for Roaven to go if he didn't know where he was going to.

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Roaven was glad that Keaton had decided to have the meeting today, eager to catch up with the man, after their meeting in the bar. He still appreciated the alcohol he had been essentially given, though he had perhaps been a bit over-zealous as far as his indulgance went. Ah well, he had slept that one off well enough, so he supposed that there had been no (long-term) harm done. "I do have it, right here, in fact." He confirmed, so Keaton knew that he knew where he was going. It would take a while for him to get there, though, not to mention he wanted to wash up and change before heading over. "I'll be over soon, though it might take me a while to get ready and actually get there." He explained, as his only mode of transportation, save the telporter between White Haven and the manor, was his own two feet, and he could only go so fast.

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
"Good, good. I'll be waiting for you, then. I hope you still remember my deal to try to make some new outfits for you, because I've had plenty of time to work out a few ideas," he added happily. He wasn't sure whether or not Roaven would like the outfits, but he'd enjoy having someone look at his ideas nonetheless.

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
"I do, in fact. I also recall you wanting to have a look at my hair, but my memory could be faulty." Roaven replied affirmatively. "I appreciate it, I tend to prefer the practical to the stylistic, and I don't have much of an eye for style." he added with a slight shrug on his end. While he couldn't design anything that looked good, he certainly knew what he liked, and he was curious to see what ideas Keaton had come up with in the meantime. "Well, I'll be by as soon as I can." He added. "I'll try not to keep you waiting for too long." He added, waiting to see if Keaton had anything else to say before he hung up, as he didn't want to be rude and cut the man off. If it turned out not to be the case, however, he would say his parting words and hang up.

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
"Indeed I did. I came up with a few hairstyles as well. I could say more, but I feel it would be easier for you to simply see for yourself when you get here." Because, of course, there would be no way for him to adequately describe his ideas verbally. That kind of stuff could only happen in stories and such, and this certainly wasn't some kind of story...nope, not at all. "Do not rush yourself too much. I shall await your arrival." Keaton would wait for Roaven's parting words and for him to hang up, having said as much as he needed and wanted to. Once the conversation was over, he began to excitedly hop up and down a bit, glad that he would have company soon.

At least he didn't have to worry about Roaven getting lost on the way there. His house was the largest of the already fairly large homes which his neighborhood consisted of, and it had a certain air of elegance to the design which the others lacked. With what his guest knew of him, Keaton doubted he would miss it.

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
It would be a good while later that Roaven actually made his way to Keaton's home, as he had to travel all the way cross city to get to his house, and then spend time getting ready before making his way to find Keaton's home. While he had no GPS to speak of, the computer he had made the task of finding the house a lot easier, and he had narrowed down its location before too long. He had expected to have more difficulty picking out which specific building it was, but from his prior knowledge of Keaton, even that wasn't too difficult to determine. He felt good, freshly cleaned, clothed, and shaven, though his hair was getting a bit too long for his tastes and he either needed to have Keaton do something with it or just cut it shorter himself. He was rather good at it, though he only had one style he could do, thanks to him trial and error-ing it to perfection(or close enough). His outfit was simple, his shirt a dark blue and his pants a black that was similar, but not a match, to the shade of his hair, both designed for comfort and ease of movement, plus a light grey jacket over it(light both in color and material) for added warmth. He approached the building, eager to see the place of residen of Keaton, looking to see if he should knock or ring a doorbell of some sort upon arrival.

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
There was a doorbell, but it didn't matter all that much considering that the door was opened soon after Roaven had arrived. The person standing in the doorway was a fairly young-looking woman, only a few years older than Keaton, with hair as black as straight-up coffee and eyes as green as emeralds, and there was something vaguely catlike about her face. She wore a nice, white button-up dress shirt, black pants, and well-polished black shoes. "I presume you are Master Yukin's guest," she stated, her voice pinning her as the same woman who had answered the phone. Without waiting for any response from him, she turned her head and called out "Master Yukin, I believe your guest is here!"

"I'm coming!" Keaton replied, prompting the woman to back further away from the door -- she didn't seem like a very warm person. "Ah, Roaven, it's so nice to see you again!" he said when he finally got to the door, dressed in the same outfit as he had worn when they had met.

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Roaven nodded in response to the question directed at him by what he presumed to be Keaton's secretary, noting with the brisque and formal way that she spoke that she probably wouldn't appreciate small talk, so he made no attempt to make it, simply waiting patiently while Keaton joined them, recognizing the outfit as the one he had worn when they had first meet. "Likewise." He nodded in greeting to the man, before adding "I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long, I'm afraid my methods of transportation are...limited." He explained, hoping that it didn't come off as sounding too much like an excuse. "You certainly have a very beautiful place of residence." He added, looking around the building briefly, or at least what he could see of it, before returning his gaze to Keaton.

Sexy Goat

22,500 Points
  • Building the Army 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
With her duty done, the woman walked away.

"You worry too much; I was fine with waiting however long I needed to," he said warmly. He nodded in acknowledgement of the compliment. "Thank you. I think so as well. Please, come in," he said as he stepped aside and motioned for Roaven to enter. "I hope Alicia didn't bother you too much," he added apologetically as he began to lead his guest further into his abode. "She's my...ah...housekeeper, I suppose would be the best term. She normally doesn't get much chance to interact with my guests, given the types of business they are normally here for, so she seems to have given up on trying to be friendly," he admitted with a hint of sadness, though he quickly banished it before speaking again. "However, she is rather friendly once she warms up to someone."

As Keaton talked, Roaven would be lead through the foyer. It was a magnificent entry room with a polished marble floor and a high ceiling with a chandelier. Various paintings adorned the walls whilst potted plants occupied the corners of the room. There were doors right, left, and center, with a pair of grand staircases on either side of the door directly in front of them, both of which lead to the second floor.

Once through that door, they would be in a rather large room. The floors were the same as the previous room, and there were similar paintings and plants, as well as a few windows on the far side of the room. There was a fireplace on the right wall and a grand piano in the far left corner. There were also quite enough armchairs and couches to seat an entire party of people. The left side of the room was rather barren of furniture, however, and seemed to be comprised mainly of several mirrors and a small platform set up in such a way that one could theoretically see themselves from almost any angle, as well as there being a desk and easel nearby -- his fashion area.

"Feel free to take a seat," Keaton said invitingly once he had finished explaining about Alicia as he gestured vaguely toward the seating area. "It would be more comfortable to sit than to stand, if one were to ask me."

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Roaven nodded in acknowledgement of his worrying, willing to admit that perhaps he was thinking things over too much, but he would nonetheless step in when directed to. He shook his head when he mentioned the possiblity of Alicia bothering him in a gesture of assurance that it wasn't the case. "Not everyone is the friendly, talkative type." He stated matter-of-factly. "I have long since come to terms with this." He explained, noting Keaton's mention that most guests that came were there on business. He took the opportunity of them walking through the building to examine it, glancing at the paintings lining the walls as he was lead into an area that he quickly noted was likely used for Keaton's designing of fashions, the mirrors being the thing that confirmed it most of all. He would take a seat when directed, looking around. "I find myself inclined to agree with that statement.' He nodded, when Keaton mentioned sitting being more comfortable than standing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff