Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
"Or to do it off the records. Not that I would ever suggest such a thing. And I'm sure you could put in a good, or at least a, word for me." Darren pointed out, a bit more idle banter coming from him until they split up, then it was off to his apartment to drop the food off and wash up a bit. Use the bathroom, and then back to the parking center to wait for their ride. When they arrived, he looked over the two of them, waiting as they introduced themselves. "More than just tonight, if I'm lucky. I'm Darren." He introduced himself, offering a handshake to each of them in turn. He didn't think "Frozen" so much as Scandanavia, but since the movie might be set in fantasy Scandanavia, maybe he wasn't that far off. Still, everything from her hair and eye color to her build kinda screamed it. Well, without disregarding stereotypes. "Thanks for giving us a ride."

Ixor Firebadger's Husbando

Snarky Mage

"Not a problem," Elsa replied. She turned and walked with Sig off to where their transportation was located. It looked like an ordinary enough SUV, a silver-grey in color, but it wouldn't be surprising if there was some sort of extras to it not available in a base model.

Sophie had let out of sniff of amusement at Darren's optimistic reply, not that there was any reason to dissuade him from that.

As they drove off across the bridge to the outer Whitehaven, Sig asked, "So, Darren, what is it you do? How did you meet Sophie?"

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Darren merely flashed Sophie a smirk once the others had turned away, climbing into the back of the SUV, figuring that he'd leave the front to the couple who owned the vehicle, though he also considered the fact that Sophie might take shotgun. At any rate, he'd settle in for the ride, eying up the inside of the vehicle to see if he could spot any aftermarket features before turning his attention to the front. He wasn't sure how much he should disclose, but it wasn't as if the Hunters were some great secret anymore. "Met her through a business associate. Well, my boss, and longterm friend. They went on a mission together. and she sounded like the type of girl I'd enjoy getting to know." He believed that the underworld mission was their first meeting, though he wasn't sure if it was the Elliot rescue or the Freddie rescue. "As for what I do, I guess you could call it contract work. Get paid per job. Sorta the stuff Sophie does, but for a different group."

Snarky Mage

"Ah. A sneakster," Sig said, his tone reflecting a sort of condescension, though in a good-natured way.

"Sig thinks sneaking about is dishonorable," Sophie told Darren with a snicker.

"A true warrior is unafraid to take on challenges head-on," Sig stated.

Elsa sighed and said, "Hon, I love you and the Valkyries chose who went to Valhalla, but a true warrior also knows to chose his battles."

"He still sore about the laser tag game?"

"...Just a tad," Sig said, a little sheepishly, "But I still say you employed dishonorable tactics."

"Whatever you say," Sophie giggled.

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
"Hey, I can fence with the...uh...mediocrest of them." Darren assured Sig, giving a sheepish grin of his own when he admitted his limitations with the skill. He was a...relatively balanced person, as far as his skillset went. He wasn't as much a brawler as Thad, nor as much a sneak as Roaven, but somewhere in the middle. Admittedly, he was more used to a knife than a sword, but he was starting to train with the latter, working it in with a knife in the offhand to form his own fighting style. Difficult without a proper teacher, though. "But they brought victory, and victory wipes away dishonor." He pointed out with a grin, figuring that whatever Sophie had done, she had earned the victory.

Snarky Mage

"Perhaps, perhaps not, that judgement resides in the gods," Sig said with a snort, "She owes me a rematch regardless."

"And I'll still beat ya," Sophie said confidently.

Elsa let out a sigh and shook her head. "You two can fight it out at the arcade," she said.

The drive to Dave & Buster's didn't take to get to, and was predictably busy. However, as they didn't have to worry about actually getting a seat for food, they could just go right in and and get going...well, aside from getting any drinks from the bar, that would take some time.

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Fortunately Darren was not attached enough to the idea of getting another drink that he was inclined to brave the wait times if none of the others were, though if one or more of them were, he'd be happy to grab something. Food, likewise, was something they could skip over for the moment, and head straight for the games. He'd stick close to Sophie, for the most part, not having much experience with the place, and while it all seemed relatively straightforward, she probably knew the games better, at least, and could at least point out a few of them that were worth playing. There were the other two to consult as well, and he wouldn't shy from doing so. No sense blindly stumbling about when he had qualified people on hand. Roaven would hate it there, for sure, though. Too crowded and too much fun. Then again, he could probably swipe money and/or tickets .

Demonic Lover

11,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Zetsubo-Chan
She didn't seem to take it the wrong way, at least outwardly, though she did look at him questioningly, as if trying to understand any hidden meaning in the words, but shrugged. It didn't sound like a dirty tone at least. "It should be okay." She said simply, seeming to be a bit more concerned now that they were near the cashier. "I've got a bit of room at my place, so... It doesn't hurt me to do a little more walking." She said with a smile, before going to scratch the puppy's head, as she got more interested at the clerk, sniffing at her, and panting lightly.
He was glad that no harm came out of the statement he made, glad to not have a awkward situation. Or a neat situation if he found out she had a bit of a dirty mind. Not always a bad thing. "I hope you wouldn't be bothered with a bit more walking. That pup is going to want lots of running space. Walks and all." He replied, though in a very light tone, not serious at all. Puppies weren't too much of a handful if you wear them out. Much like toddlers. Anya was being very cute with the clerk too Aedan would notice. The clerk was nice enough to respond.

"What a cute little angel...seems like your pup has a good home to go to so far!" The clerk exclaimed, seeing all the different items that told her this puppy was a new addition to the family and looked to be well taken care of already. She then happened to glance down at Xeras too who sat down and stared at the woman happily. "And who is this fine looking doggy?" She repleid and paused as if to confirm the sex of Aedan's 'fine doggy'. Xeras had that Bernard blocky sort of head that made it a bit easier to tell him from females. "He's happy to have a new friend, I'm sure," Aedan replied with a grin and started ruffling the fur and skin all over Xeras' back.

Snarky Mage

Sophie wanted a drink to go around the games with. The only problem she had getting it was the fact that she wasn't much taller than Kat, so getting seen among taller bodies could be an issue at times. However, it didn't hurt being good-looking enough that she got seen too quickly enough. Drink in hand, she asked Darren, "So, ticket games, or regular ones just for fun?"

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Well, if Sophie was going to go through the trouble of getting a drink, Darren saw no reason to do likewise, and would, if necessary, assist her in standing out above the crowd. He wasn't as tall as Roaven was, but he still had a bit of an edge over average height, which was useful, at times. Why bother having the height if you weren't going to take advantage of it, eh? Once they both had their drinks, and she had posed her question, he took a moment to weigh the pros and cons of both options. He would probably end up doing both, but to start with... "Should probably start with some regular ones, get some warm up. Then we can worry about winning you something nice."

AnCatDubh's Waifu

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Several days after valentine's day, Ruby meets with the eyes she had placed on Marcus. Now, s/he wore an extremely androgynous form that truly claimed no gender. Marcus knew Eyes as, Matt, a muscular black man with a nearly shaved head and an easy smile. She smiled a bit to hear that he had been happy with gift. She sighed a bit when she was informed that he had only claimed that it had been from 'a friend'. At least it didn't seem he had been bothered by it.

She sends Eyes on their way and resumes her administrative work.

Snarky Mage

"Works fer me," the red-head said. She led the way over to the side of the arcade area where the "normal" games were located. There were lots of shooters and racing games, though there were some older-style arcade games as well. There were plenty of choices to choose among, so Sophie let Darren make the first choice.

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
Darren followed, walking slowly, that he might scan the area as they went, taking in the sights, and also making note of some of the more interesting looking games that they passed, in case he got time to to play with them later. When she turned the choice over to him, though, well, it wasn't a hard choice. He lifted his drink to his lips and took a long sip, grinning at her from behind it as he lowered it. "That's easy. I have a good drink, a beautiful girl." He beckoned first to his drink and then to her when he mentioned that, then turned his gesturing to a nearby racing game "So of course, fast cars!" Perhaps a co-op shooter with her afterwards, to see how her trigger finger was, but opening by putting the pedal to the metal seemed to be where his interests were.

Snarky Mage

"Careful now, wouldn't want anyone to think I'm some floozy," Sophie remarked to Darren's comment, "Least of all me." Still, she had no issue with one of the racing games. It wasn't something she was great at, but she wasn't a poor driver, either. Moving on to a shooter was much more to her skill set, though she did complain that the aim of the sensor was off.

Thieving Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
"True. Your beauty, while not to be underestimated nor understated, is one of the smallest of your positive attributes. Which is to say it is outshadowed, not overrated." Darren hastily clarified, not wanting to come off as if he was demeaning her attractiveness, but if she only had looks going for her, he wouldn't be particularly interested in her. By far more interesting was her sneaky nature and chipper personality. At any rate, he was no expert hand at either driving or shooting, but he proved himself plenty competent at both, though he couldn't help but grin when she accused the sensor of being out of alignment. "Just step back a bit. Projects a wider beam, should help compensate." He suggested, though whether she would do so or keep the challenge was up in the air. After that, though, he'd be willing to turn it over to her for a bit, let her pick out a game or two.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff