Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm bored. Want to kill some time with a walk in?

Sure. 1 100.0% [ 5 ]
Nah. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I'd rather get a non-walk in started. (Let me know!) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
There's this thing called work/college I have to do... 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 5 ]

The surface of the land in E'nor is barren. There are no trees, no grasses, just mosses and rocks to break up the dirt. It has been this way for many generations after a great battle between humans and the folk of the forest came to a great and terrible end. The land was fit for neither side and was left as a reminder to all. But beneath the battle grew a forest. A great expanse had opened up beneath the soil with flora that grew down becoming the 'sky'. There is no sunlight here, only the bright glowing ambient light of free energy that hang like lanterns across the known expanse. This is Afreé.

The people here are different from those dwelling on the surface. They are accustomed to the low light, upside down forest, and ways of life. At times surface dwellers find a way into Afreé, but they do not seem to last very long. Some say it is the lack of sunlight, others say it is Afreé itself. But those surface dwellers who have made it to Afreé see the expanse as a resource to be used.

Will you exploit Afreé as a resource or fight to keep this safe haven as it is?

---

Please follow all Gaia ToS.
You do not need to fill out a profile. If you want to, stick it in a spoiler with your first post.
Afreé was quiet, at least for the moment. Gallarda stifled a small yawn as she rose from a cloth hammock. The night before had been a bit of a ruckous. A human from the surface had stumbled into Afreé causing all manner of chaos. Some wanted to kill it, others were trying to return it to the surface as quickly as possible. Gallarda wasn't sure exactly what had happened to the human, but it had kept her awake for half of the night. Now everything had settled. The energy motes were hovering with a gentle glow rather than an intense brightness. They seemed to react to the mood of Afreé. Around her the overhead forest was alive with its inhabitants. Creatures that had adapted their original ways of tree life to those of the upside down pines and large hardwoods. It was all amazing really.

It took the young woman a mere five minutes to walk into the main settlement. Here Afreé joined together to build both homes and structures that mimicked the above world. A tavern, general store, and blacksmith were just some of the structures that could be found here. Gallarda waved to a few people before stepping inside the tavern. It was the best place to hear the latest news.

Name: Gallarda (Gah-yar-duh)
Race: Albino Lynx

The rest will be revealed in the RP.

Kawaii Fatcat

3,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image

Jezabel yawned and stretched her limbs. Another day, another dollar. Her job at the tavern was awaiting her and she couldn't procrastinate much longer. She stood up from her bed and sighed. She had already worked a.double yesterday and was positive she would end up doing the same again today. Lucille had called out sick yesterday and jezabel knew how the woman's sickness could be; cancer wasn't something you were only sick one day for.

qwertyIt would be an adequate day. It was a routine now; the things she did. She woke up, went to work, came home, ate and then would go back to sleep. Pulling doubles left her without a social life, Jezabel sighed. With how much She worked, she may as well just own the place. Oh that's right, She did. So why was it that she didn't have a bigger staff? Well, she used to but for some.reason, nobody seemed to ever prove themselves a good worker. Sure She could fire Lucille. But the woman was ill and had a child to take care of. She could hire extra staff, but we felt like she had already hired everyone in town. She was in a sort of rut.
qwertyJezabel opened the door to her tavern and sighed. Whomever had opened seemed to do a good job in opening. She would have to remember to give appraisal and check to see who opened. She walked behind the bar right when someone walked in. Her face was slightly flushed from the small walk from her home to her tavern.
"Oi, how are you dearie? May I get you something?" Her Irish accent was thick as she spoke to the woman that walked in. Jezabel looked no more than 23 but in truth was way beyond that age.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Gallarda
Albino Lynx

xxx"Morning," Gallarda replied as she raised her right hand in greeting. Really there was no 'day' or 'night' in Afreé with the lack of sun, but everyone's biological clocks had seemed to settle on a cycle. "Anything you've got warm for breakfast and any word on that human mess last night." The young woman said as she pulled out a seat for herself. The tavern was a great place to find out just what was going on in Afreé. She would then have to venture out later to the forest to work. Fur trapping paid for the rest of Gallarda's expenses. Well, most of them. She had a bad habit of buying more weapons than need be. "Did you see what happened?"

Aged Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • First step to fame 200
Roy Linux

User Image

"You need food?, call me, you need someone dead?, call me, need a lover?, call me"

Roy sighed as he made his way to the tavern, he had caught three radits and a bone land fish today. The radits hung off his belt while he carried the fish in his arms being to bog to put in a sack. He knew who would enjoy his fine catch of the day, Jezabel. He picked up speed excited to see the look on her face when he presented her with his catches. The sound of his saber clanking against his bag of bolts let him count his steps with out counting out loud. Once he reached the tavern he walked inside and raised the fish high above his head "I have returned with the spoils of war!" he exclaimed flopping the beast of a fish on the table he occupied most of the time.

((Click his pic for a face shot))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces