Welcome to Gaia! ::

Millionaire

6,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Francis Valentine, the Eye of God & Immune to all things magic(al)
"... I do not master the weapons of the world because I want to dominate, or because of my family's status. I do so for the common people, so that I may protect them with everything I have; for we are at the mercy of our citizens, and I love all of them as much as the world we have been given. If someone should provoke me or worse harm my people then I will march with thousands of men and women - farmers, nobles, widows and soldiers - and we will take away the world you have inherited."

The angel knew his brother was somewhere around. He could feel it, and had always assumed it was because of their connection as twins - at least that's what others had said. Francis looked up at the high ceiling before seeing a man approach him. He was elderly, and Francis smirked innocently, bowing slightly to the man as a sign of respect. Not too low, he wouldn't like to make the man think he was of low status. "Afternoon Galen. I'm from the Havari - the other brother to Kasai who's already arrived. Francis explained. He didn't hold a Havari flag, though. He had thought they would only need the one.

"We're twins. Near identical if he wasn't so tanned and I didn't grow my hair. And I've green eyes. Green for nature." Francis motioned to one eye with a hand that moved slowly. It appeared as though the Queens Secretary wasn't pleased to see him. He had the condemning look on his face - like he knew something about himself that Francis was unaware of. Regardless he maintained a good will and eye contact with Galen; "Your part in royal matters must be stressful and difficult at times, Galen, seeing one queen pass away and another take her place had to require a lot of adapting to different rule." Francis placed a hand on his chest and bowed again. "And now there are suitors coming to place more stress on you?" He chuckled sympathetically. "If you need a hand around the place then I'd be more than happy to help, but I'm sure your age has not affected you the slightest when it comes to your job." Francis said politely, ending on "So, where must I go first?" He began to speak of the real reason why he was here. To 'woo a bride'.

Llsia_Rose

Sparkly Heckler

User Image
Jaer Kaldur

The day was, at least so he was told, a nice one for this far inland. Though Jaer found the combination of the sun and his all too stuffy clothing resulted in him questioning what exactly people thought "nice" meant. The sun was too high and too bright it was like a blazing torrent falling down upon every inch of his skin. The formal wear he had been forced into for the sake of appearances was too layered and too restricting to make any part of him feel at home. Even being forced to come to the foreign land and walk was only a minor inconvenience, Kaldur's campaign of fights had led him to be more comfortable on land then most of his kin. Thankfully the trip had been a quiet one with only a few stares spared his way. Having left his company behind Jaer traveled alone knowing that Lord Tritan's first born would most likely be arriving before him. The capital seemed normal enough though obvious rumors of the treaties made gossip flying about the town more of a narrow subject then usual.

Arriving at his temporary him Jaer tried his best to hide the disdain he had for it.
This Queen Amia Theorin must think her self and sisters rather important to beg for a treaty and still force the other nations to come forth. The gates lay bare for Kaldur, company obviously expected, and the guards gave him little hassle as he presented his purpose on the arrival. Once inside of the walls Jaer saw what he assumed most would call a beautiful example of land engineering and gardening. Still all he saw was filth enclosure and scrambling.

Inside the castle Jaer stood just past the entrance hands clasped behind his back examining his surroundings and awaiting to be greeted and directed to where he was desired in the foreign land. It looked as though another was being greeted so Jaer would have to wait, this was no problem though he had learned patience well throughout his life.

Romantic Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Married 100
  • Profitable 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I will serve them with my dying breath..

Galen looked at the angel suspiciously, not many took the time to express interest let alone express a bit of awe in a servants work. On top of that this man was offering to assist if over whelmed. THe happy go lucky Galen would have smiled happily at the attention and recognition. Unfortunately it wasn't that Galen who peered through suspicious eyes at the angel. No currently Galen was wondering what ulterior motives the angel had. Was he trying to butter up the secretary in the hopes of getting closer to the queen? OR was his aim lower and looking for a princess to woo? Another route could be that he was aiming to get close to the secretary himself and perhaps the many keys that jingled at his side.

No this Galen didn't trust the easy smile one bit and he did not return it. Pushing his glasses back up his nose Galen sniffed in thought. "I have not seen another angel today sir, He must have been delayed." he said with a nasally voice. A timid couch behind him made him turn to see one of his apprentices hovering nearby. "Sir, the angels brother is in the gardens with Lady Rose. He wished to wait for his twin before introducing himself to Queen Amia" Galen's eyebrows rose in surprise he did not remember meeting such a man despite greeting him, himself. The servant however had known better than to point this out to Galen, for Galen in this state would often go into rages when told he did things he did not remember doing.

I see... Very well then sir would you like to join your brother in the gardens or shall I send a servant to fetch him?" he asked just as another guest entered the front doors. It seemed many of the suitors were arriving around the same time. "Greetings sir, I am Galen head secretary. Have you come as Queen Amia's guest?" he called while he waited for a reply from the angel.

Millionaire

6,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

"... I do not master the weapons of the world because I want to dominate, or because of my family's status. I do so for the common people, so that I may protect them with everything I have; for we are at the mercy of our citizens, and I love all of them as much as the world we have been given. If someone should provoke me or worse harm my people then I will march with thousands of men and women - farmers, nobles, widows and soldiers - and we will take away the world you have inherited."

"I have not seen another angel today sir." Was the reply, though Francis could feel his brother somewhere close. "The angels brother is in the garden with Lady Rose." Another servant coughed, and Francis' eyebrows furrowed for a second. Had he been intentionally lied to? Was Galen working against him for a Galeth scum who hoped to ruin the Havari chances in the treaty from the start? He hadn't had the time to think as he heard footsteps approach and stop behind him, and Francis glanced back to see a suitor; hands clasped behind his back. Francis turned back around and shrugged off the thoughts in his head. "Ah, then take me to him please, Galen. I would also, like him, want to see the beautiful gardens of Ardvale before I meet the queen and her sisters."

"And if he is with a lady I suppose he would like to be in her company for a while longer." Francis reasoned, mainly to himself. He imagined Kasai was intrigued by this 'Lady Rose' as it was today he arrived and he began to warm up to her already. In this race for a royal princess, perhaps Kasai was already near the end, and Francis would be forced into looking after the princess married off to the Galeth. The thought of him guarding the wife of a Galeth man made his stomach churn in disbelief, though better him than Kasai.

Greedy Unicorn

12,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
SAMWISE

Late, he was in fact dreadfully late. Sammi was no good at being on time. Yet he was not much good at being late either. He supposed when one was good at being late they planned it; they would stroll in with style and make some grand show of their arrival. This was not the case with Sammi; he had planned to be quite on time. No perhaps that wasn’t the whole truth; honestly he hadn’t planned on coming to this gathering at all. He thought most women were quite dreadful, and the idea of being married off to one was slightly repulsive. Women were, in his mind, fickle and terribly indecisive creatures. They made silly little spur of the moment decisions and could hardly be accounted for their actions. Yet duty calls, and where there is a great burden Sammi knew a man must step up to fill it. In his mind he was the perfect one to do such a thing.

So showing up late to the shindig wasn’t an act of rebellion no more than a woman taking hours to arrive was. In a way he was embracing his duty, to act like a woman was to be one right? Sammi again made no great entrance and simply nodded to the guards as he walked in. He was much taller than them and simply laughed. He thought it quite odd that someone born into this two-legged body could be so much meeker than one born with a tail and gills. Sammi hated being on land, perhaps the reasoning for the grand look of disdain he wore whenever he strayed far from shore. The land was simply too awkward, not flowing with grace as the sea.

Arriving now he entered a hall with quite a few people already inside. He wasn’t one to join the party, or to instigate a meeting. That is why Sammi hovered off in a corner where he could observe, from observing comes the greatest knowledge. For listening and learning history, backgrounds, people’s stories; this was where true understanding stemmed.

Romantic Conversationalist

User Image

ℒavender Rose Theorin

User Image

Feeling his hand on top of her head she smiled his words was nice something that was a change from everything. She wished to believe his words but she wasn’t sure love was something she gave up on a while ago but if all the men were kind like he was there was sure to be no problem but she also figured since she was the youngest she wasn’t as desirable as her sisters. Besides her sister were all beautiful and had great skills and compared to them she was innocent and weak.

Listening to him she nodded her head it was understandable and it seemed he had an interest in learning maybe they could ready together while he was here. Watching him mock his superiors she couldn’t help but giggle. “I see….” she said while try to finish giggling. Then she remembered he was a teacher. “You mentioned students….What do you teach them?” she asked him wondering if he taught children, adolescents, emerging adult, or adults.

User Image

Where: Outside in the garden With:The angel Thinking: This is nice OOC:

Desirable Sex Symbol

The Angel would smile brightly in return to her, enjoying the sweet sounds of her giggling away at his comment about the superiors, His wings would flutter once again proving that he was over joyed by hearing her cheer up just a bit. But could sense a little bit of nervousness coming from her. " It takes time, and we all have it still.. For me I'm getting old.. Even angels die at one point.. Its just the way of life." Shrugging he didn't exactly care for much of that.. But it was true, he would live a very long life indeed.. But at what cost? Sighing softly from the frustration of his race he would bite his lower lip and shake off that said frustration and peer back at her violet eyes.

After hearing her ask him about his students he would give her and unexpected grin and in return he would answer in a sweet soft tone of voice. " I teach children the basics of healing, and sometimes adults that wish to hear it as well.. I teach them about life nature and to care for it.. I don't exactly like the feel of war and all that jazz, unlike my brother.. If you want to know more about those types of things you can ask him.. He's a professional." He would wink at her, then turning his head to to look away from her for just one moment.. ".. I also teach at one of the academys about other things as well, not all just healing though.. I was forced into learning such knowledge about all of it, Potions, spells, healing potions, herbs.. I even got a little bit of knowledge in cooking.." He would smirk, looking back towards her with a warm smile. But not baring his canines this time.

a i r e l l i a's Princess

Feral Friend

10,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Master Converter 500
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
It's all just make believe, isn't it?

Sahvya Ianthe TherionWe can't go back...
            Arriving at the CastleTaro the Musician"Whatever I do.. I do for love..." Completely Not MeWearing

The blushing that was gracing Taro's features only caused Sahvya to smile that much more. She rather liked the idea that she had been able to make the other woman blush so simply when it was nothing more than words of truth. Fire elemental continued to walk as the musician spoke of her beauty. She offered her thanks but really Sahvya didn't care much for flattery in such a manner. Especially through comparison, Taro was a lovely creature with a beautiful voice and Sahvya was beautiful in her own way. They were different, each having their own gifts and something to appreciate, but the same.

"You truly do intend to play me into the castle hm?" She asked as they grew ever closer. The large stone building, her home, was only a few more minutes away. She supposed that if she had anything she wanted to say or do now would be the time.... "Taro... Between you and I... None of those suitors are here for the princesses... They are here to wed the Queen, make no mistake... I fear for my sisters and I..." She didn't look over at the minstrel. "Their mission is to marry my sister Amia and if they cannot... They will go after myself or my sisters... We will be taken away from Ardvale to live with our husbands.... It is almost too much to bear...."

Her eyes and her resolve hardened suddenly, "I will be strong it is in my nature but what about my youngest sister... What will she do when she is torn away from her home.... And Silyse... She would rather die..." Sahvya felt a headache rapidly approaching.

"Regardless... We approach..." And she was right they were at the castle gates and the time for such talk was done. She gently laid a hand on Taro's shoulder. She wanted to let the other know that she did not have to play if she did not want to.

No going back...Child Of Ardvale - Forged in Fire

pdragon619

Sparkly Heckler

User Image
Jaer Kaldur

Very quickly after his arrival a small man that had been addressing one of the, no doubt, Havari representatives the stranger introduced his self as Galen and questioned Jaer immediately. It certainly wasn't a prying question, one only seeking clarity, still Jaer did his best to hide his disgust as ceremony. Often when he had to bite his tongue and play nice with the other people of import they outranked him, here they were foreigners whom had done nothing to earn his respect. Giving his head a quick nod Jaer raised a hand and introduced his self, "Yes, I am Grand Captain Jaer Kaldur sent by King Tritan Emigh, but finish your business with this one first. I simply wish to know where I am needed and if there is any meeting of import I should be made aware of." Was that formal enough? Did they even think me important enough to deign me with the proper ceremony? I hate this entire situation.

Looking behind him Jaer spotted none other then his Prince Samwise entering, the man immediately went off to a corner examining the surroundings much to Kaldur's disappointment. One can only learn so much from simply watching from afar my prince. Still would it not be the proper thing to introduce his self to his crown prince? A small grimace couldn't help but show on Jaer's face. So far this entire affair had been worse then he had even dared to imagine, this might take some time to finish it would seem, a prospect Jaer was too disappointed to think more on. The prince only took a few strides to meet and upon arrival Jaer put his hands at his sides bowing to his superior. "Prince Samwise Emigh, I am Jaer Kaldur sent by your father to join you on this... adventure... in Ardvale. If you need my services for anything as always I am ever at your service."

Had that been enough to please royalty? Jaer was always too paranoid around these things. With his men he could laugh and make light of things. Here however every action and word could lead to war. Not that he feared anything the other nations could muster, still only a fool actually craved war. King Tritan was his king and a wise leader but still Jaer couldn't help but question his wisdom in sending Jaer as one of his representatives. Unless I am here only as a proxy of a candidate and my true purpose is to ensure his son's protection. No, I think he would have mentioned something to that effect if he desired it, though I would prefer that greatly to this task.

Romantic Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Married 100
  • Profitable 100
I will serve them with my dying breath..

(practicing layout stuff bare with me)

Galen nodded to the captain who had introduced himself. "Very well, YOu are free to introduce yourself to the queen at your own pleasure. She understands that you all have traveled far to come here,however, and doesnt expect a visit right away so you may either explore the grounds or rest for supper if you choose. I can have a servant show you to the guest wing if you like. " the servant said formally, though he looked the captain up and down as if sizing the man up he didn't look as suspicious of him as he did of the angel before.

This was because Galen respected those who were short quick and to the point in this mentality. He didnt want to dally around with speeches he wanted to get his job done and skulk around corners whispering to himself and spying on the servants to make sure they weren't stealing. Turning his attention back to the angel he nodded "The gardens are this way." he said walking ahead and leading the way at a slow shuffle. He had not even noticed the other arrival move to the side of the hall.

It took a while to get to the gardens at Galens pace but eventually they arrived, "Lady Rose! You have another guest!" he called through the plants. Rose would recognize the change in voice for galen. The happy old man chuckling voice had turned nasally and nearly annoying.

Millionaire

6,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Francis followed Galen to the garden, turning his head over his shoulder once more to look at the newcomer. A prince, and the other was from his land also. Both were sent by King Tritan. The angel kept by his side and walked with the queens secretary, and he became immersed in silence. Francis hadn't seen Kasai for months as he'd been with the military, at night and day; training and learning. When they had finally come to the garden, Francis quickened the pace, running his fingers along the leaves of a hedge and overtaking Galen. "Brother!" Francis called out gruffly, moving at a fast-walk to the stone bench where Kasai sat beside Lady Rose.

Francis hadn't greeted Lady Rose as of yet because he was far happier to see his blood - and blood that he liked. "It has been a while since I last saw you. How long have you been here?" Francis grinned and squatted, put both hands on either of his cheeks and kissed Kasai's forehead quickly in a brotherly way, ruffling his brothers white hair after. There was a smudge of dirt and blood left on Kasai's cheeks when Kasai let go. Unintentional. "It seems I've arrived late and you've already began to work your magic on foxes and pretty princesses." Francis tilted his head in Rose's direction and chuckled. "Whereas I encountered silly soldiers on the borders of Ardvale who I forced to stand down."

Valentine-Hellsing

LadyAkane58

Desirable Sex Symbol

The angel would hear his brother call out to him from the hedges, turning his head before he could say anything his brother was already before him. Kissing his forehead and ruffling his hair. Huffing slightly he would reach up to grab some of his brothers long white hair,grabbing a good handful of his long locks of hair and pulling his head under his arm and giving him a rather good noogie in return. "Hey Brother I was just mentioning you.." he would continue to grin, excited to see his twin since they had been apart for so many months."...My magic, I never even used a single bit of it since I have arrived."

Letting go of his brother he would chuckle and purposely knock him over.. Laughing at him he would stand up and squat back close to his brother and lean close to him. ".. Were you hurt at all, in your battles? .." He said in a worried voice to him as he would place a hand upon his twins head, pressing his palm against it. " You know perfectly well how I feel about you being hurt..or even scratched just a little.." Its true.. He always felt like the older sibling, even though they were born on the same day.. He wanted to protect his brother at all costs, even if his brother died before him he would try anything to save his twin.. Even if it costed him his own life to use up all of his magic to help him even..

His worried eyes wouldn't leave his brothers green eyes.. As he would remove his hand and wait for a reply, even so he would much more likely heal his scratches or anything on his body if he had to. Even if just a little bit of his brothers blood was shed he would still go into a rage, he loved his brother very much.. Since they were different, he never gave up his best friend in the whole world.

Quotable Poster

User Image
Vasha "Charles" Hadun

Death's Hand

"Assassin of the Night,
Keeper of the Bar,
People try to live honest,
But they don't get far"

Vasha rose a brow behind his mask when the queen said Death would allow her her wiles of romance. "It's dangerous to assume Death would humor anyone anything, but if that's what you choose to believe" he said with a sigh, flicking his fingers causing the ring to disappear, rising back to his feet. "though lets speak plain. I never assumed or accused you of being a prize. You are no prize, you are a leader marrying for political gain and military power, you are the one who asked for these arrangements, you are the one who sees to benefit most from it, and you are the one who will be faced with a broken kingdom should you fail. You are not a prize for us, we, and more importantly our kingdoms, are a prize for you" he said cooly. "I would suggest you keep that in perspective in the future, by all means you are the mastermind of this plot, not the victim, that would be your unfortunate and, from what I can see, unwilling siblings." he said, turning his back on the queen and walking off, ignoring her attempts at rousing jealousy from him "Like I said, I offered to marry you because it would be the least messy course of action, but don't be mistaken in thinking I particularly care. You where right in saying I came here to claim you for Death and not myself, because honestly I do not want you. And one who sells their sisters and marries for power should not be expecting romance in the first place, these marriages are a means to an end, and you'd do well to stop pretending otherwise" he said over his shoulder as he headed for the door, stopping in the doorway to look back at her, the smile on his mask almost seeming wider than it was before. "though I must say I do look forward to seeing how this little...competition...plays out. I'm sure it'll be....interesting, to say the least" he said with a chuckle, walking straight through the door without opening it, like a ghost.

"So grab a tank a mead,
raise you're favorite flask,
and give three cheers
to the man in the mask!"

"Everybody loves the Jester,
Everybody loves the Bard!
But be careful,
one slip up and you'll fall down hard!"

Llsia_Rose

Quotable Poster

User Image
The Spider Queen Lolth
Warrior of Warta

Lolth laughed a bit at her comment of sharing a bed with stranger things than her. "I'd imagine, I'd say I'm pretty normal by my standards" she said, obviously the giant spider didn't really consider giant spiders weird. She shook her head a bit seeing Silyse struggle to think of words, she did warn her about the wine. "I'd hate to say I told you so...well actually I'd love to say I told ya so" she said, stiffling a serious of chuckles. The spider demon rose a brow when the girl suddenly stood up and drew her sword, brazenly declared their "conquest of romance". "ok ok, no need to get too excited now..." she said, skittering over to her and hooking her sword with one of her claws and lowering it "but I think I'll handle the sword wielding, so you can put yours away" she said suggestively, scooping the girl up in her arms "go ahead and point the way commander" she said, carrying her up out of the cellar, letting the drunk girl point the way to her room.

(The liver is the organ that processes alcohol, so an extra kidney wouldn't help at all in this situation, the kidney just filters piss out of your blood stream)
loth17

Quotable Poster

User Image
Taro Zangrela
Royal Musician and Entertainer
With: Princess Sahvya
Playing:

Taro smiled a bit when the princess asked if she truly intended to play her into the castle "well it'd be disappointing to have all this build up just to not deliver right?" she said with a sly grin and a shrug, as if to say it was out of her control at this point. Her smile once again vanished when Sahvya confessed her doubts and fears surrounding the whole marriage thing. "yes...it really is a heavy burden to bear. I couldn't imagine being put in the same situation" she admitted, "I'm sure your sister had good intentions, but this really does seem like a lose lose situatuon, either be forced to marry a guy you barely know, or be held responsible for failing to ally with one of the other kingdoms" she said. It really was unfair when you thought about it, she couldn't imagine how the queen had been able to do something like this.

When the princess said she would be strong Taro smiled sympathetically. "if only everyone could be so strong..." she said, glancing towards the castle, thinking about what she had said about her other sisters. "I wish I knew what to say m'lady, I really do...if there was anyway I could help I would do so in a heartbeat, but..." she trailed off, knowing it was useless to try to stop, it was already done, hell the suitors where probably already in the castle as they spoke. When they reached the castle gates Taro felt the woman's hand grasp her shoulder. Without a word Taro gave the princess a smile and rose the flute to her lips, playing a soft tune, it was a bit somber, yet beautiful all the same, fitting for the situation she supposed. Taro played alongside Sahvya as they entered the castle, not stopping until they reached wherever the princess had intended to make her first stop, presumably the throne room.

(sorry for the delay, had to take a few days away from gaia and the internet in general)
RoarkOh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces