• Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
"Here lies Arthur, King Once, and King in the Future"

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
In a far off time, when Britain was divided and without a king, barbarian hordes laid waste the once fertile countryside. The throne lay vacant for a just and righteous man, who could free the people from their servile yoke and drive the invaders from the land. But only he who drew from the stone a magnificent sword could prove himself the rightful heir. Years passed and many tried, but the mysterious sword stood firm and unyielding in the ancient, weathered rock. Then, one day, a young man emerged from the forest and, to the amazement of all, succeeded where even the strongest had failed. The people rejoiced; the king had come and his name was Arthur.

On accession to the highest office in the land, Arthur set about restoring the shattered country. After building the impregnable fortress of Camelot, and founding an order of valiant warriors, the Knights of the Round Table, the king rode forth to sweep aside the evil which had beset the land. The liberated peasants quickly took him to their hearts, and Arthur reigned justly over his newly prosperous kingdom, taking for his queen the beautiful Lady Guinevere.

Even a terrible plague that ravaged the country was overcome by the newfound resolve of Arthur's subjects, for they mounted a quest to discover the Holy Grail, a fabulous chalice that held the secret cure for all ills. But as happens so often during an age of plenty, there are those whom power corrupts. Soon a rebellion tore the kingdom apart, an armed uprising led by Modred, Arthur's traitorous nephew. Yet there was one, possessed by dark forces, who lay at the heart of the strife: the mysterious and satanic enchantress, Morganna. In a final battle, Modred was at last defeated and Morganna was destroyed by Merlin the court magician. But all did not go well, for Arthur himself was mortally wounded.

As he lay dying on the field of battle, the last request by the mighty king was that Excalibur, the source of all his power, be cast into a sacred lake and lost forever to mortal man. When the magical sword fell to the water a sylphid arm rose from the surface, caught it by the hilt and took it down into the crystal depths.

When the great king was close to death, he was spirited away on a barge to the mystical isle of Avalon, accompanied by three mysterious maidens, each dressed completely in white. Many say that he died and was buried upon the isle, yet there are those who believe that Arthur's soul is not to be found amongst the dead. It is said that he only sleeps and will one day return.

[Source]

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Well...now it's modern day, magic is (supposedly) dead, and science is the new ruler of the times. People think of King Arthur, his knights, and Merlin as...fairy tales. Legends. Lovely to hear, but with no truth to them.

Boy are they wrong.

Not only did Arthur live...he's come back to this, our time, here to help again in our time of need. He and Merlin and his knights and everyone, back once more!

Except...not. Kind of.

You see...pretty tales of Avalon aside, Arthur did die. However...his spirit remained, waiting until it was needed, until HE was needed again. And when that time...this time...right now came, his soul reincarnated into another body. He and the rest of the people from his tales.

There's one problem though. Actually, a couple of them.
For one...he has no clue. Not a single memory of his past life, not an inkling that he even HAD a past life.
But that's okay, unlike most people, once he figures it out, he'll be pretty accepting of it, because he's already got experience with the whole supernatural thing.
Because he's a witch. Yep. A witch.
A nineteen year old witch, trying to make it through college while halfheartedly practicing his witchcraft...is the world's only hope to protect the world.

We're all doomed.

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The setting is England, modern time.

I could do craploads of research and come up with precisely what college in precisely what city people are going to/teaching at...but this is not that strict of a roleplay.
So it's a college, somewhere in England. All right?

Why is the main setting a college?
Well, because...it ended up being that way. xD

No, really.
As the roleplay was being designed (it was a group effort), a number of characters ended up being students, teachers, and so on. So it's just handy to have the major setting be a college.
And so it is. xD

Now, this does not mean that stuff takes place ONLY at the college, no. It can be the city in which the college is based. There's other stuff there, too. x3

By the way, the college is named Avalon College. That's right.
Ironic, right?

Oh, and the city the college is in is called Lyonesse. By a lake of the same name.
It's a small city. Not tiny. A little bit above 'town' level, I think.

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Rules: Don't be stupid.

Follow Gaia's TOS, or I will kick you out in a heartbeat. No second chances.

Four character limit. Not all of them have to be Arthurian reincarnations, remember.

PM me (or post in the OOC thread, either way) what character you want and get permission to play them before you start creating a profile.
And then, after you have finished your profile, send it to me, or give me a link to your testing thread, and get my okay before posting it in the profile thread.

This is a very relaxed roleplay, but I would like to see some effort put into posts. I don't need epic lengths, but I would like at least a paragraph or two in your post, so that other people have something to respond to.
Also, when you are replying to someone's post, read what they have written all the way through. I hate when someone makes a post where it's obvious that they only skimmed the post they're replying to, and they totally make all sorts of mistakes that WOULDN'T happen if they'd READ THE POST!

Also, no godmoding. I hate that, too. xP

I'll add more as I think of them, or as they become necessary.

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Profiles:

Name:
Nickname(s): (If applicable)
Personality:
History:
Other:
Past Life: (Who the character's past life was, with a brief description, if they're not one of the better known ones.)
Memories of Past Life?: (Ex: Yes, but only vague, blurry images.)

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Character List:

Not all characters have to be reincarnated Arthurian figures. They can be, they don't have to be.
Please PM me with your idea first before making a profile, so I can make sure it fits in with how the roleplay is going. I'm pretty open, though, so I'll most likely accept it.
Pretty much any Arthurian character is welcome. If it's not on the list, feel free to ask me.

Arthur - Rowan [Arianna Lithenbourne]
Merlin - Falco [- Lord_Francois -]
Igraine - Emily [Arianna Lithenbourne]
Gawaine - Gregory [Maderu] [Reserve]
Tristan - Tristan [Maderu] [Reserve]
Nimue - Nina [Arianna Lithenbourne]
Lancelot - Lance [- Lord_Francois-]
Guinevere - Gwenn [Miss Dellaney]
Isolde - Apollo [Ridicumulonimbus] [reserve]
A dragon - Sarah [Arianna Lithenbourne]
The Lady of the Lake - Vivian [Miss Dellaney]
Kay - Shinobu [Ridicumulonimbus]
Excalibur - ? [Ridicumulonimbus] [reserve]

[Reserve] means either they've reserved it, or I'm not sure yet that they're joining... (Or rejoining, as the case may be before the roleplay begins. :3

There's a lot of possibilities for characters, and this might help you in picking some of them out. :3

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200