Divine Traveler

10,640 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Othello Gracus

Death Sleeker of The Order of Edge.

Running to the fire like a moth to a flame Othello didn't even see the poor girl in front of him as he turned the corner. He barely felt the thud against his body as he looked down at the person he hit. She was a mage he was sure of that his sense were telling him she had magical properties. Though she didn't look harmful in fact she looked familiar. Maybe she was one of the "tamed" mages that some of the higher ups kept around. They found it was easy to combat magic with ones own mage. Magic fights magic easier they always thought. He crouched down a bit so he could see her better. " Excuse me i didn't see you there. Here let me help you up." He said as he held out a hand to her his hand was a bit larger than most and was inside a metal gauntlet. " For a mage to be running around in public specially when something like this happen. You are either very brave, or very unlucky." He said as he smiled a bit and helped her up. "Would you happen to be a Mage of one of the Nobles? If so you really should get out of here and back to your master. This fire if it causes any deaths will drive the General nuts and she will execute even more innocent. " He said as he sympathised with the mages plight but he made sure none were listening before he spoke that last line.

Othello looked her over one more time. White hair, a small built, Silent Demeanor. It was strange these characteristics weren't common amongst mages. They usually made sure not to stand out during an attack. She however in the dark grey and brown colored town stuck out. " My Name is Othello. I'm the Quartermaster up at the academy." He said as he pointed to the small area near the Military station. He turned to look at the fire as it seemed to keep growing. He looked to her and spoke again. " If you can help i ask that you do. Do not worry about others interfering i'll vouch for you if you can stop the fire. I'd like to avoid the death of the innocent. " He said Nobly.

Blessed Lover

User Image
♦·۰ᏁᎪᏆsuᎪᎠᎪ||ᎪᏞbᎥᏒᎬᎾ۰·♦

xoxaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <3 (how beautiful it is .. to do nothing and rest afterward.) <3 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Natsuada took the hand that was offered to her, and allowed herself to be pulled to her feet. Her violet eyes swept over him quickly, but then she dropped her gaze once more. It wasn't polite for her to look people in the eye, or so she was taught. Especially since she was a mage. She nodded her head. She wasn't really sure if the person who had 'taken her in' was a noble or not. But she was sure they were a part of the order. They always had other members of the order over to their grounds. She had always lived in a separate building in the city though, and on her own. Every once in a while she was sent for, to show off to the city that if mages were good, they'd follow her example.

Her eyes slightly widened at the implication that the general might blame her, and other innocent mages. She knew it was possible, but a water mage setting fires? Even the general couldn't figure out who to blame a water witch for setting fires....right?

She held out her hand in a gesture of meeting, shaking his hand, and then reached into a hidden pocket on her obi and pulled out a note pad and pen.

"My name is Natsuada. I can help. I am a water mage." is what she jotted down and then held out to him. She still refused to meet his gaze.

xoxlulz pasaastaa <3 (how beautiful it is .. to do nothing and rest afterward.) <3 pastapastapasta

(o)(o)(c): n/a
User Image

Blessed Lover

User Image
The Delicate Dreamer
▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀

Seth finally snapped out of his stupor and continued on his way. Mages would be targeted soon, and he didn't intend to stick around to be one of the mages blamed. Especially since he was a fire mage. He moved silently, trying to catch the attention of no one. He eventually arrived at one of the walls in the city that had one of the Shaper's sanctuaries. He held out a hand, like he had seen Mira do a few times, and passed through the wall with ease. She had mentioned that the wall could recognize magic in a person, and that's what allowed them through. He walked down the stairs that were there, and found himself in one of the places that mages could be open about who they were.

He was alone now though. So he simply went to one of the open corner tables and sat. Just what was he supposed to do now? Near by, one of Mira's friends was seated. He noted Seth and called over to him, "Seth! It's been a while! You alone? Mira's always with you usually!"

Seth shook his head and answered. The news wouldn't be too surprising, mages died everyday. But as a friend, he deserved to know. "She was hung in the square today."

At this the man turned pale and shook his head. "It's a pity...She was still young."he turned and faced Seth, "Did you witness her death?"

Seth only nodded, and the man turned away. Seth and Mira were the ones who would witness the mages death around the city, to report the numbers and keep track. If they knew one of the victims, they'd alert the family. But everyone deserved to see at least one friendly face before death, and that's the role he and Mira had played. It was then in another part of the place he thought he saw the woman who had come up to him after the fires had started. Was it her?

▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀
User Image

xxxANTLIAx xTxxx
"Lesson taught by blood are not soon forgotten."

Seated with her cheek resting against her closed fist, Anatolia used her free time to plan for the Shapers’ next public appearance. The fires were a spur of the moment gesture, her method of telling the mages that they weren’t forgotten even if the Shapers couldn’t rescue the deceased. Now there was need for real action, not a couple of harmless fires. Unfortunately, she didn’t have the power necessary to compete with the numbers of Edge. Of course, if numbers were the only advantage they had this war would have been ended long ago. No, Edge had a number of talents which could be described as a Mage’s bane. First there were those who stripped mages of the powers they coveted, perhaps to be considered the most dangerous considering that a lot of mages neglected to train the physical body as well as the mind. She had a recent run-in with a nuisance who proved to be quite resourceful in the application of his art, but he doubted her physical prowess and when push came to shove her victory was secured.

If that wasn’t bad, there were the blood hounds out there that could sniff out mages. Before they could even cast a spell, the hunter would was onto them or disrupting most plans before they could even take action. It was due to this nuisance that she had divided what could be described as a small militia down into terrorist cells designed to keep Edge on its toes while they sought out the organization’s weaknesses. That decision made them less prone to capture, but incapable of launching any major offensive against Edge which currently saw them losing ground. Perhaps division of labor was a poor choice but these men and women are my companions, my comrades. They are not pawns to be discarded for singular victories.

Massaging her temples, the blood mage happened to look up when another patron of the Sanctuary caught her eye. Is that not- Raising a hand, she beckoned him to come and join her though she was open to the notion that he might still be grieving. If he wished for time apart from his duties to the Shapers, she could respect and understand that wholeheartedly. Yet, her intuition and common sense told her that the conviction which spurred him to join the Shapers was rekindled during the execution.

Divine Traveler

10,640 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Othello Gracus

Death Sleeker of The Order of Edge.

Othello read the pad and smiled nodding his head. " Alright Lady Natsuada as a Member of the Edge i hereby grant you permission to use magic in public. Please help us put out theses fires. I'll stand guard in case anyone trys to bother you. Leave them to me you just concentrate on the fire." He said as he looked at her he was putting himself on the line so she could help. There wasn't many in the order who would be willing to do that for a mage. He turned as he took up a guard position behind her and turned just enough so she could see his face. " Please hurry." He said as he turned and looked around. Some city guards were suspicious of what she was going to do but when Othello waved his hand letting them know it was under controll they nodded and went to grab more buckets. Othello was hoping to find out who ever did this. It wasn't right to set fire even in protest. Fires destroy everything. The innocents aren't rich most only have the clothes on their back and a fire can take all that from them. He gritted his teeth a bit the thought of someone using magic for such ill will was wrong. Magic was a gift that was suppose to benefit all mankind. Without Magic they wouldn't be here today. He wished his order would realize that instead of hiding behind fear of what magic can do.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

User Image

∝╬══→ The Order of Edge, General.
╔══════════════╗

Confidence is key to making a good impression. But, remember the fine line between confidence and cockiness. This mage, if it was one. Was obviously wanting either the eye on them or turned away from the order. A cocky act to show the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to overthrow the government in this act they have caused. In the streets now she stood next a building with only embers crackling. "I want a full report" The thick tread on the bottom of her military issued shoes slightly melted under the heat of the embers. Mages cast spells around her, water flowing from their palms to calm the fires angry. A scout was scanning the area looking signs of how the fire was set, but it was pretty obvious how things have gone down. "I want the word out. Anyone to find this mage.....if they are a dreamer I will give them freedom if its a order member I will instantly raise the rank they command!" she felt a wind of rage pass over her as she breathes slowly to relax herself. As the members continued she left the area. Looking at the parallel buildings that are aflame. She grit her teeth. This act is going to cause war for both parties.

Timid Genius

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Informer 100
  • Trader 100
Don't worry, I've got you;
Nothing will ever harm you.
I'm close by, I'll stay here;
Through all things, I will be near.

User Image

Yasmina Kincaid

Why only give to one, when you could give to all?

Heart in her throat, Yasmina froze at the Edge Sniper's call. Looking about, Yas saw that there was an alley a few steps away. She might make it if she bolted right now-Eh? He...wasn't going to arrest her? Pausing in her stride, the young Shaper turned around and looked up at the sniper, first catching sight of his rather large rifle and then his eyes. One could tell a lot about a person by their eyes at a first glance, if they were kind or cruel, gentle or malicious. This one seemed to be of the more of the former, which made Yasmina slightly more inclined to listen. As the Sniper recanted a tale of his father and a healer, as well as what to look for when spotting one, the young girl breathed out another sigh of relief. That was all Yasmina could really ask for; people to have good memories about people like her, people who wanted to help and prove that they had a right to do so. It made her smile at him and nod in affirmation at his offer. Indeed, given the current status of the city, Yas walking around by herself was definitely a bad idea. If someone questioned their walking together, maybe they could pass it off as him having captured her for questioning? That way, neither of them would really get into too much trouble...right? Nodding, the Shaper said, "Okay. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. My name is Yasmina, but please, call me Yas. My hotel is over on...Green Briar street, I believe it is. It should be only a few blocks from here."

At his offhand comment about smacking him with her staff and then healing him, Yasmina chuckled and held her book closer, smiling as she started walking again. It was unusual for people to know what her little staff was, much less what to look for in identifying it. It wasn't a grand thing, like what her family used to summon creatures with. No, Yas' staff was more of a baton really, a thin piece of rune engraved willow branch that was attached to her belt for quick access. She reasoned that people might just think of it as a defensive weapon or a weird walking stick, hence why she had never really cloaked it. But, if the Sniper was able to recognize it, then maybe she should take to hiding the piece on her back with her hair, or something like that. All she knew was that it would probably be in her best interest to pack up and leave Noir in a few days, once everything was settled down. If Noir had failed, then Yas supposed that the next place to visit on her list of places to go would be York. She shuddered at the thought of having to travel on her own again, but she had chosen this life and she had to be the one to see it through.

Close your eyes,
Don't you cry.
Love's around you;
In time, you'll fly.

(3 Yas)

Generous Lunatic

8,625 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
User Image
╔════════════════════════╗

User Image
╚════════════════════════╝

xxxxx ~ Shatter this darkness with my loss of light
xxxxxxxxxx ~Mistaking Duty and Honor for a dagger's slice
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ~ My eye was the sacrifice, the price.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ~ But to sit and weep? I have no time.

Being alone felt more 'alone' than ever as Takami continued to walk on his path, only to be snapped by his trance as some of the abandoned buildings around the city were set ablaze in a quick rising flame... obviously the set up of a magician based on the amount of fires. "Call the Order! Separate every man available between the fires!" Takami commanded, not seeing the leader around at that point and time, but soon she came to take control of the situation as he sighed, looking past her instead as he saw some of his allies in the Frey as well. Orthello, A dethsleeker was one of those allies that Takami could easily vouch for as they have sparred on many occasions. He was going to greet him when the call of the General spoke over the chaos as Takami turned to her words. "General!" Takami approached her as he rushed to her side, holding his spear over his shoulder as usual, his mask still covering his face. "Are you alright? You are..... unhurt?" Takami asked, looking her over for any damage or burns. The last thing she needed was to be wounded on something as simple as extinguishing a torrent of flames.

With:General
                                                Objective:To check on the General's condition
                                                Health: Couldn't be better
                                                Stamina:Top Form
                                                Thoughts:"So much chaos."
                                                H3artless Bunni3

For I have become my own light ~
And as blind as I am, I have clear sight ~ xxxxx
The path to tomorrow, I forge with my might~ xxxxxxxxxx
Will pave the way to a future that's bright ~ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maelyn's Husbando

Friendly Phantom

10,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
︻デ┳═ー

User ImageThe young girl seemed squirrely to say the least, and he wasn't ignorant to her fears. She just avoided men that dwarfed her and gave her as much welcome as a pack of wolves, Chris worked for an organization not known for its gentle touch, and now the world was on fire. Anyone in the Edge was trained to identify mages as best they could, but many of the "tips" sounded like they were looking for a child's toy action figures; "look for men with long, white beards", "beware of large, shady capes", "if their eyes are red, they mean to kill".
The last tip might not be entirely wrong, Chris would humor himself. The man next to the general during the execution was eager to please the woman and certainly had the skill-set, and infatuation, to kill someone at the drop of a hat.
Tipping his head to Yasmina, Chris gave a weak smile, still worried about the flames. He began to walk with her in the direction of Green Briar, eager to get her to safety, "Nice to meet you, Yas. You can call me Chris!
Yeah, Green Briar isn't far from here, so stay close, move quick, but don't rush. People are jumpy right now, and I can't see you starting this fire unless you used magic. And since you didn't defend yourself against those men back their, with flames, I'm hoping you're not one of the-" Looking over and seeing the red-eyed man, Takami, next to the general, seeing his concerned look and reading "are you unhurt" on his lips, Chris sighed and let out a sharp whistle, "Takami! Stop coddling the general! The city is up in flames and their are actual helpless people right now." Takami and Chris didn't really know each other on a personal level, Chris just recognized the man's hardly subtle crush on her. He was seen around her often, and rumors spread quickly when working in any information gathering position.
Takami was also well known for being brought up by abusive mages in the past, even before his announcement at the execution. It was unclear if it was these scars or something else, but he earned his position skillfully. It seemed weakness of his just happened to rest in the presence of their military-raised general; a hard, but well experienced woman in the ways The Order of the Edge.
Chris was not superior nor beneath the man, but the sniper was silent when doing what he did best, and otherwise blunt when voicing his concerns, "She eats nails and shits knives.
Try finding one of the many panicked civilians and getting them to safety. Your men know how o deal with fire.
I just saw a group of rather large, Untouched men taking advantage of the chaos and trying to get the jump on a girl, for goodness sake!"
While speaking, Chris stood in front of Yas enough to make himself the focus of the attention while addressing Takami, but didn't block her lest he seem like he was hiding her for any reason.

Sho Isugara

Jackiras

H3artless Bunni3

Shirtless Shapeshifter

User Image

╔══════════════╗

A quivering brow from madness of the issues at hand seized to continue as Takami enter the field. His staff drawn. She gave a threatening glare.
" 'Here to fight off the embers from my boots? 'The Hunting Order of Edge is a military order of the people that hunts apostates and maleficar' does that seem like something that happened today? The order is becoming as useless as a sleeping dog!. " The glare faded as She scoffed. Her eyes became mellow and somber . Soon after her clearly irritated words Chris enters the conversion with blunt intake of things. A woman? The General leaned into her left hip to see this woman around the two males blocking her view. "Should I ignore you not addressing yourself first private?" she took a step around Takami to stand next to Chris. Arms became crossed, "What happend?" She knew the soldier for his name was on her desk a few tomes. Not all good stories can be said about the man but she knew his heart was good a good place unlike her own. Without waiting for a answer she walked past Chris, her feet placed in front of the young woman now. "Why didn't you protect yourself mage?" her upper lip snarled once her sentiment was finished. She didn't get her position for nothing. It was a gift in a way. Knowing a mage. Its not like it was hard to tell from the looks of this girl.

Maelyn's Husbando

Friendly Phantom

10,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
︻デ┳═ー

User ImageChris raised an eyebrow at the headstrong woman, "Seeing as that's hardly the priority right now, who I am isn't very important.
Agent Sinclair. Think of me as a consultant or a different branch. I don't work under you, but I work as an informant for The Edge. I just happen to carry a very big spyglass.
And the young lady couldn't protect herself."
It was astonishing that the woman not even trained as a Death Sleeker, could identify Yas as a mage. It was pure luck that even Chris could place her as a healer. Being raised as a military brat must've given her an edge when picking out others in a line up.
"Take a look behind you, general. See those Shapers putting out the fires while you waste your time on me and a scared girl? They're not attacking others either.
She's not because, from what I believe, she's a healer."
Chris frowned and furrowed his brow, "Take a deep breath, because you seem to be losing focus.
The men that went after her left, but I only had eyes on a fraction of the city. People are still in some of those buildings, some of the Shapers you've sworn to take under your wing are likely being targeted as suspects, people can't tell who is Untouched and who is a Shaper in this mess, and you're worried about formalities.
Let me take the girl to safety. She's already been cooperative and has admitted to being a Shaper. She's in plain sight and trying to get somewhere safe.
My understanding is that the mages that died earlier were killed for hiding. She's not hiding. Even if she should be after what just happened to her."

Sho Isugara

Jackiras

H3artless Bunni3

Shirtless Shapeshifter

User Image

╔══════════════╗

She paused and glared at the sniper before her. Within a brief moment she gave a out burst laugh. Slightly embarrassed It soon turned into a giggle. Her finger tips covered her mouth while the giggle died out "What a smart mouth you have. I almost feel flush all ready having two handsome men in my presence. But you....standing up to me? That's a first one. " She pointed the the shapers who are sprinkled in the area. "This is a play agent. And all the actors must play their parts. Under my command or not you must use titles. While most of the time you spend is spying I'm sure you don't have a lot of time to socialize with people. " She smirked as she pondered over the young female. She looked in her early teens. No older then nineteen so they why has she never seen her face before. "Your obviously not from around here." She turned her back to the young girl to face the two men. "I'm not against shapers openly coming out, you bring this girl to my eyes for her safety? What would you have me do with her?" She gave a look over her shoulder to the girl. "Speech is in the favor of you girl "

Tipsy Prophet

User Image

ooLimos Kasparzakoo

"I can't sleep, 'cause my bed's on fire."

The sound of boots clicking against the ground echoed through the halls of the Order as Limos walked forward. His blade was mounted on his back and wrapped in cloth as a makeshift sheath. The Hunger was weaker today than it usually was, allowing him to think quite clearly. He heard talk of a fire that had erupted nearby. The mention of the word "fire" was enough to cause his eye to twitch, but when he heard people saying that mages were involved, his teeth began to grind. Limos had a personal vendetta against mages, especially those that use fire. The clicking of boots against the ground grew louder and more aggressive as Limos stomped through the halls, shoving past members of the Order. Others worried about putting out the fire, about saving the civilians. Limos was out for blood. The cloth began to unravel from his sword and he pulled it free, the bandages falling to the floor as he marched.

"Fire... The weapon of a coward. You don't even have to be around to deal the damage. Set it and run, then watch your chaos spread from safety. Pathetic." He spat, grinding his teeth as he stomped forth and dragged his sword across the ground, sparks dancing across the tip of the blade as it. The scent of magic hung heavy in the air, further feeding the Death Sleeker's rage. But another scent was present as well... Blood. He could smell it clearly, as the blood's scent and the magic's scent were one and the same. Fire didn't cause bleeding injuries, the burns cauterized any wounds. That meant that the cut was unrelated to the fire... Or at least, it would appear that way to the untrained. "Blood magic." He hissed. So the culprit was a blood mage as well as a fire mage. He kicked open the door of the place that housed the scent of magic-tainted blood and knelt to the ground, inspecting the area. The blood was still fresh, but knowing mages, it was possible they were already long gone. Limos gently removed the glove from his right hand and dragged his forefinger through the bloody stain, then placed his sullied finger into his mouth. He shuddered at the disgusting taste. "Today, a finger-full. Tomorrow, a pint." He growled, turning on his heel and storming out of the house with the Hunger roaring inside of him.

"Don't touch me, I'm a real live wire."

Generous Lunatic

8,625 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Befriended 100
User Image
╔════════════════════════╗

User Image
╚════════════════════════╝

xxxxx ~ Shatter this darkness with my loss of light
xxxxxxxxxx ~Mistaking Duty and Honor for a dagger's slice
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ~ My eye was the sacrifice, the price.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ~ But to sit and weep? I have no time.

"I'm not coddling here, you little b*****d!" Takami's masked face shot in response to Chris's whistle, though the tone of voice was more than spiteful to the sniper. Chris was one of the definitive 'silent' types of the Order, and yet... he was potent at his job when it came to hunting and scouting. Powerful at long range, efficient with strategy and a bird's eye view of the area around and finally, the essence of silence until needed. For one way, Takumi respected Chris, however... this was not that moment. Before his rebuttal to Chris' synopsis of the situation, he could feel the glare of the general cast on him as he stopped talking and listened. The conversation mostly focused on what to do with the girl in question that was assaulted by the burly men since she was a witch.

Takami kept his mask on to once again, hide the feelings within his mind as it provided a calm melancholy to the torrent of emotions that was surging through him in that moment. One of the things he wanted was to execute her on the spot without a second thought as to her conscription or her power. Another was to allow her to just walk away and focus on the flames that were ensuing the town... but the obvious reason was the simplest. " Easy. Have her attend to the people who are injured since her power is healing. We do not have much time to argue on the subject either way. That's my input, General. The decision.. is ultimately yours." Takami spoke as he finally stopped blocking out Chris's words and decided to work into the fray with his soldiers, tossing water onto the houses and breaking through the flames to save those entrapped in it's fury. Something a man of the Order should be doing for his people.

With:General, Chris
                                                Objective:To Save the Order's people
                                                Health: Couldn't be better
                                                Stamina:Top Form
                                                Thoughts:"So much chaos."
                                                H3artless Bunni3

Silver-Mask

For I have become my own light ~
And as blind as I am, I have clear sight ~ xxxxx
The path to tomorrow, I forge with my might~ xxxxxxxxxx
Will pave the way to a future that's bright ~ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maelyn's Husbando

Friendly Phantom

10,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
︻デ┳═ー

User ImageLooking off towards Takami and brushing off the general's feigned joy, Chris nodded slightly. He listened intently to the man until he ran off to tend to the flames.
Redirecting his focus on the hourglass-shaped woman, and the child-like young lady, who seemed to exaggerate each other by comparison, Chris nudged his chin in Takami's direction, "The man's got a point. People are gonna get hurt no matter how hard we fight these flames."
Looking to Yas with a clear look of discomfort, Chris spoke in a calmer voice, "I wish I could say the choice is up to you, but General Foin's got reigns on this. Regardless, your input is important." Eying the general off the corner of his peripheral, he continued, "We do need your help, and as strained as the general can be, she likely understands the gravity of the situation. We have an enemy to face, and you're not it."
It was refreshing to see Takami turn his attention from the petty insults and tackle a bigger problem. It was something Chris wanted to do to, but he wanted to make sure the general wasn't going to go on a crusade against every living Shaper first.

Sho Isugara

Jackiras

H3artless Bunni3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out