Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Shapeshifter

User Image

The peace has ended with the sounds of war. The earth will tremble at the feet of soldiers and the heavens shall rain forth fire from winged beasts. The Age of dragons is upon us. A war such as this ravage the lands long before your times. A war of many races and many dragons perished. The bones and rot riddled the lands till all had been covered with new earth and promise. The young thrive and grow, bringing forth new life. But this fragile time of peace is doomed to end.

The Lands are split into two. The Queen of the South rules her icy Kingdom. Harsh lands that do not breed a soft and gentle peoples. Crops and foods are scarce and the animals that reside in these lands are powerful and deadly. Her supplies have been ransacked countless times and she is eager to point fingers to her rival. To eager to take pause and ponder on such matters that may be resolved by talk. Here in Fostgale the weak do not survive, you simply evolve and endure or perish. The people will not bat a eye if you should fall to your death. They will not risk endangering themselves for the sake of the weak. In these lands such is not permitted.

To the North rests a equally harsh land. Nothing but heat and deserts, volcanoes and drought. The game is just as few and thin but easier to catch and kill. Life here is not easy, the heat alone could make a man mad. Some say this is what is wrong with the King. Spending far to much time in the open sun. But be warned his fiery temper is as unforgiving as any dragon's flame. Cross this man and it will be your last. In such rage the King of Brimstone took grave insult by the Queen and her false accusations. With neither willing to take blame or fault War has been declared.

And So the riders have been called forth once more. What dragons remain shall be sent to battle. Though not all have been so luckily paired. You'll find these times are not so simplistic. Your journey awaits you... may you serve your kingdoms well, Hail The Last.

A Story Original; Inspired by Eragon and other dragon rider books.
Do not Borrow this story without permission.
Profiles
OOC

Demonic Shapeshifter

RULES

» 1.Follow Gaia’s TOS. There is no budging on this rule.
          »2.∥Romance is encouraged, however don’t make it the focus of your character.
          »3. ∥ Please keep things at a PG-13 rating at most. There shall be no cybering! emotion_donotwant
          »4. ∥ This is a lazy-lit to literate RP. Post a minimum of two well-written paragraphs. A paragraph by most definitions is 5-7 complete sentences. Posting more is fine. Also, use the best grammar and spelling you can. No * * for actions, emoticons for emotions, chat or, l33t speech. “ “ for speaking, italics for thinking. JUST... no emotion_eyebrow
          »5. ∥ Please be active. We all have lives outside of Gaia, I am aware. So try two to three times a week at minimum. If you have to be gone for an extended period of time, please let us know!
          »6. ∥ I,StoryOfTheWildOnes, am the moderator of this RP and {yet to be determined} is my co-moderator. While we are here to ensure that the rules are followed, we are also here to help. If an issue arises or you have plot question, PLEASE to talk to one of us.
          »7. ∥ I am only accepting a few people for the moment! Till further discussed later on if we all agree to expand!
          »8. ∥ Dragon's are not all powerful, you must Eat and sleep like everything else and with your power have a equal weakness. This is so that we dont have godly characters.
          »9. ∥ Be Original! No Mary Sues and such. Do not make your profile similar to everyone else. Be Unique and creative. Not everyone is going to get along like best friends. Give your characters spice and depth.
          »10. ∥ PM all profiles to me. Title PM’s “We are the last” for dragons and “Death to {Rival Kingdom}” for Riders.
          »11. ∥ No godmodding! Nobody likes an auto-hit or to have their character moved along without their permission. IF this happens you will be asked by myself or the person who you are interacting with to alter this kindly. No one will be throwing fits and we will behave as adults here. If you can not abide by the rules here and above... Dont bother taking the time to fill out a profile.

emotion_awesome Have fun!

Demonic Shapeshifter

Profiles

Feel free to use realistic or Anime images. No REAL PEOPLE pictures!
Be imaginative with your characters people!
Same goes for the Dragons! Make it interesting. Just be mindful of their abilities, they are not gods.

{Character picture goes here... Make sure it's not to LARGE!!}
[color=dimgrey][b]►[/b][/color][b]My name is: [/b][color=gray](character's name)[/color]
[color=dimgrey][b]►[/b][/color][b]I have seen [/b][color=gray](character's age) [/color][b]years[/b]
[color=dimgrey][b]►[/b][/color][b]I was born a: [/b][color=gray](character's sex)[/color]
[color=dimgrey][b]►[/b][/color][b]I like: [/b][color=gray](Character’s sexuality)[/color]
[color=dimgrey][b]►[/b][/color][b]I am: [/b][color=gray](Dragons, or other race... also be mindful of what side you are on. The landscapes aren't ideal for some races. Pay attention to this)[/color]

[color=white]xx[/color][color=dimgrey][b]▬[/b][/color] [size=14][b]MY STORY[/b][/size]
[color=gray](character's bio. Please make it 1-2 paragraphs)[/color]

[color=white]xx[/color][color=dimgrey][b]▬[/b][/color] [size=14][b]THE OTHERS SAY I AM LIKE THIS[/b][/size]
[color=gray](Personality. 1 paragraph please)[/color]

[color=dimgrey][b]►[/b][/color][b]More please: [/b][color=gray](What does you character like)[/color]
[color=dimgrey][b]►[/b][/color][b]Take these away:[/b][color=gray](What does your character dislike)[/color]
[color=dimgrey][b]►[/b][/color][b]I fear:[/b][color=gray](character's fear. Does not have to be related to species.) [/color]
[color=dimgrey][b]►[/b][/color][b]My song:[/b][color=gray](character's theme song. URL please)[/color]
[color=dimgrey][b]►[/b][/color][b]My voice:[/b][color=gray](username)[/color]

Demonic Shapeshifter

User Image

Accepted Profiles

Dragons:

1-Lithena- female- White Dragon
2- Haruki- male- Golden Dragon
3- Draga- Female- Great Red Dragon
4- Xurkil Green- male- Emerald Dragon

Riders;
1- male- Faeron Tanglinail
2- female -
3- male- Jun
4-female- Aryz Uraka Vettlie

Other Important People;
1- Fostgale Queen-
2- Brimstone King- Malachi

Other People;
Fostgale Prince- yet to be introduced

Demonic Shapeshifter

A N N O U N C E M E N T S

NEW- Accepting seven more people! It will then be discussed amongst the rpers if we should open more slots.

NEW- WE ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN! WELCOME ALL!!!

Demonic Shapeshifter

C A L E N D E R

Morning | Noon | Evening | Night

Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | Saturday | Sunday

January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Demonic Shapeshifter

Demonic Shapeshifter

Demonic Shapeshifter

Demonic Shapeshifter

O P E N XXX C L O S E D

&

A C C E P T I N G XXX P E O P L E

Demonic Shapeshifter

B R I M S T O N E

The day is hot and dry. The breeze that shifts the sands offers no reprieve from the never ending heat. Water is most precious to the people of brimstone. More valuable than gold and jewels. The markets buzz with people trading and bickering, haggling what little they have for what little another has. These people are harsh and dangerous. What flowers their are are keep hidden from view. For the weak do not survive.

In the center is Brimstone's markets. To it's south the lower class housing then the kingdom walls. To it's north rests the Castle and at it's back rests the fire mountains, one a long dormant volcano. The mountains stretch beyond what the eyes can see. It is dragon land. Only fools venture near. The alliance between has been warn thin and the beasts are not as kind as they use to be. Hunger ravages even them. Stretching east and west and s good deal south are the wastelands. Desserts that are home to strange creatures who have adapted over the years. Within the Kingdom walls you are safe.

Demonic Shapeshifter

F R O S G A L E

Within Frosgale to the far south of Brimstone, you shall find a similar harsh environment. However it is not heat and drought that plagues these lands. But eternal winter. From flash freezes to raging winter storms, you shall ever find your skills and self tested to it's limits. Life in these lands are bitter and lonely. Only the Castle is well protected standing erect in great sheets of ice. The true city rests below in labyrinths of tunnels and great caverns. Though the citizens are not entirely friendly to one another they are entirely unwelcoming to outsiders.

In the kingdom of Frosgale there are many snowy mountains scattered across this frozen land. Upon the surface is where the dragons who have adapted to the cold lay claim. Many fierce and savage beasts. Venturing willingly above ground posses a great many risks, many have been claimed by hungry dragons or becoming lost within the storms. Beware the Sigil Mountains, these lands hold no fondness for man.

Demonic Shapeshifter

User Image
Ɩ αм κиσωи αƨ » Draga
Human Form
If this is to end in fire
Then we shall all burn together

After a while the mother began to grow restless herself. It was difficult being contained by a hatchling. Hard not to desire to take to the skies and patrol her territory. Her wings ached for the air. She hunger ed for a challenge. But any who were foolish enough to come to close to her den suffered a horrific fate. She herself had begun to notice her own savagery. Her desire to protect was ever greater than all else.

As she watched Vala leap and jump and out she noticed tiny flickers of flame on her back. Slowly she lifted her head and bound continued to observe with grand curiosity. Her red and golden yellow orbs followed the tiny creature carefully, unaware of the visited they had.

Vala continued to jump about shifting her body as if she were trying to fly. But currently she had no wings to glide with. She began to growl with frustration. Her irritation causing the tip of her tail to glow a interesting yellowish orange. The longer it remained this way the more Draga could see the heat it gave off and how the coins began to bead and melt. How her chest swelled with pride. Full and beautiful.

It was not till moments after the intruder left that the dragon felt unease. With her paw she tenderly took up her young. As she stood the den trembled and no the coins spilled about her. She carried the young hatchling to a small pocket in the cave well beyond and two legged reach and small enough little else could enter. Vala understood. And she quickly went inside to hide away from danger. Leaving her large mother to deal with it. As Draga turn away she took pause to stare at the skull of her father. By female sanders of her kind she was large. But her father had been a massive bull as well. He feared nothing.

But now with her own young to protect she knew he had feared losing her. Just as she feared the death of her only child. She moved toward the entrance, sniffing and searching. In her gut she felt change. Something was coming, something was here. And it was something she did not like. As the great dragon emerged from her den her wings unfolded lifting up in a grand display. They were near perfection. Not damaged nor tipped. They looked strong. Her neck was snaked so her chest puffed out and wide. The spines along her center back lifted. Dangerously sharp. But for a moment she simply stood there like this. Several moments passed in her silence before the dragons opened her mouth and gave a mighty roar. The mountains beneath her feet trembled and her warning was given as well as the challenge. Smoke streamed from her nostrils, saliva dripped from her open mouth to the ground. As it hit it burst into a short lived flame. Draga was young it was evident by how brilliantly her scales glittered red and gold. How her body was not riddled nor broken by battle. But the bones of man and beast rested at her feet. She knew how to kill, she knew how to fight. And more importantly she still had her mind. For she did not budge from the entrance of her den like others might have. Gone in search of the invaders. Draga had not lost herself to the beast she was. Which made the challenge ever more dangerous. She was raising her young the same. It was hope for the northern dragons. Draga and Vala might yet bring hope to the lands. It was only a shame that the two legged creatures had destroyed her faith in them.

Blood in the breeze
And I hope that you remember me

User Image
Location;Fire Moutains; Drazul's den/ outside
Thoughts;'I know something is there.'
OOC;post is fixed!!.

Surefire Faun

User Image

FAERON the BEAST MASTER
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Many wait for what fate has planned for them..........................................................................................While there are some who actively seek it

" By the Stone, I knew you were foolish," A short man, Dwarf, by the name of Bolad son of Thifgrim of clan Radadorn, huffed and puffed. Yes, that was how he always introduced himself. If abbreviated. The real thing was much longer. How he managed to keep all the son of sons of clan of clans in order with no trouble was a wonder in and of itself. In the first fifteen minutes of starting a conversation with the dwarf, Fearon pretty much knew his family as if it was his own. " but I did not think you were stupid!" He growled as he finally reached the outcropping of which Fearon had been waiting.

Chortling, Faeron slapped the dwarf on the back before pointing towards a west facing peak of the Fire Mountains.
" There it is." Fearon said with an even and smooth voice as he pointed up towards the western face of the mountain. Bolad followed the gesture and made quickly to a protruding rock and peered around it with great care. Faeron followed suit, however he dug through his satchel to reveal a scrying stone. Sitting down beside Bolad with his back against the rock, the elf rolled the stone between his palms.

" I am telling you Faeron, this is a bad idea. It will see you." The dwarf said, with seemingly actual concern in his voice. Whether it was for Faeron or for the fact that if the dragon finds them, he would also be in grave danger.
" It would be a shame if it doesn't." Faeron replied slowly, his gaze seemingly mesmerized by the stone.
" You want the dragon to see you?" The dwarves fuzzy brow perked.
" I hate caves, besides I have no doubt one way or another, it will try to kill me. Dragons are just not the reasonable creatures they used to be. I would rather be on open ground where Anmara and I can give it a run for its money than confined in its den," Anmara, who was with them but out of sight, was a Regathan Firecat. Just one of the many types of savage beasts that prowled Brimstone. She, however, was quite tame but he used the word tame loosely. As he had the creature since it was but a cub when he, himself, was only 25. Their relationship was rocky for about 50 some years. Eventually he learned that she could not be controlled or conquered. Only understood. She was in no way a pet and with that understanding they became a mutually beneficial partnership. They acted more like siblings though. " You can leave if you wish." He said finally before his gaze locked on the stone and his mind slipped from his physical body.
" You know I won't" Bolad grumbled even though he knew the elf could not hear it. Settling down his gaze returned to the peak, and the entrance to the dragons lair.

Being ethereal was bizarre, wonderful and rather addictive. Few humanoids possessed enough mental power to harness the ability to use a scrying stone. Mental power and magic. While Faeron had no ability to use magic actively, he could use it passively. Power given to him could be used at his disposal. An example would be Anmara's fire shield. She could be completely engulfed in flames yet never be burned. Faeron could use it for a time. As with the scrying stone. He could scry as long as he had the stone in his hand, but he had no ability, like some people, to actively meditate and move beyond their body. While he was quite useless by himself, it was this ability that possibly would make him deadly as a dragon rider. There was so much power he could tap into and it was this reason he was seeking this particular dragon. All he had met so far had been weaker than him in one way or another. Sure, alone they all had more raw power than he could ever wish to obtain but they still all died. If he was going to be a dragon rider, he wanted one that he could at least have faith in its ability.

The cave was massive. The entrance itself was at least as tall building with three levels. It showed signs of wear but the wear higher up was older than the more fresh markings below. The cave must have use to be the home of a massive dragon in the days of old. On the ground were a few scattered gems and coins and looking up the ceiling was covered in a light haze of smoke. Whoever was home, and had participated in a rather violent battle some time back, was very much awake and active. While his mind looked into the darkness his body gave a shaking inhale and exhaled as his ethereal self walked into the confined darkness he hated with passion.

Arriving deeper in the cave it was easy to navigate the labyrinth the farther he went in. As the scattered coins grew in number like a cookie trail to a gingerbread house. Only coins to a trove. A large one that had coins from times long past. To think such an ancient cave remained while being so close to the capital city. One would think this would be the first den to be eradicated. Judging on the massive bones can began to appear, he was sure someone had tried. Maybe the original owner had been killed and another dragon simply came to claim such a roomy lair for its own.

Stopping short as a wave of coins rolled down past his feet from a suddenly appearing pile, rather valley, of treasure. The dragon was not easy to miss. The red of its scales stood out like blood on the coin. Quite large but not very old bordering on becoming a full adult. Very few scales were missing that he could see and judging by how vibrant its coloring was its health was at its peak. However, something worried him. Since the battle no one had seen or heard of this dragon. It obviously was not badly wounded but he could not help but wonder what kept it grounded. To much of his annoyance, he quickly found out why.

A newborn, maybe a year old.
" It is a female, with a hatchling." Faeron said, still scrying in the den, but his body spoke, causing Bolad to start.
" What? By the beard of my ancestors!" The dwarf slapped his hands on his head in disbelief " Of all the witless, clanless, knife-ears, you are by far the - most - ugh."
Indeed this made it a much more difficult task. If he was still hunting, he would have simply killed the hatchling, throwing the mother into a blind rage and letting her get exhausted before going in for the kill. He could always find a way to take the hatchling alive and use it to blackmail her into service but she would simply kill him the first chance she got. He could also give up on this dragon, which was the most likely. A mother would never be able to give him what he needed. His body bit its lip in frustration as he seethed with a cool anger. Glaring at the hatchling he wished nothing more than for it's demise before his ethereal self returned to his body.

area: Fire Mountains band: Bolad and Anmara plan: Time to rethink my course of action
User Image

Demonic Shapeshifter

User Image
Ɩ αм κиσωи αƨ » Draga
Human Form
If this is to end in fire
Then we shall all burn together

After a while the mother began to grow restless herself. It was difficult being contained by a hatchling. Hard not to desire to take to the skies and patrol her territory. Her wings ached for the air. She hunger ed for a challenge. But any who were foolish enough to come to close to her den suffered a horrific fate. She herself had begun to notice her own savagery. Her desire to protect was ever greater than all else.

As she watched Vala leap and jump and out she noticed tiny flickers of flame on her back. Slowly she lifted her head and bound continued to observe with grand curiosity. Her red and golden yellow orbs followed the tiny creature carefully, unaware of the visited they had.

Vala continued to jump about shifting her body as if she were trying to fly. But currently she had no wings to glide with. She began to growl with frustration. Her irritation causing the tip of her tail to glow a interesting yellowish orange. The longer it remained this way the more Draga could see the heat it gave off and how the coins began to bead and melt. How her chest swelled with pride. Full and beautiful.

It was not till moments after the intruder left that the dragon felt unease. With her paw she tenderly took up her young. As she stood the den trembled and no the coins spilled about her. She carried the young hatchling to a small pocket in the cave well beyond and two legged reach and small enough little else could enter. Vala understood. And she quickly went inside to hide away from danger. Leaving her large mother to deal with it. As Draga turn away she took pause to stare at the skull of her father. By female sanders of her kind she was large. But her father had been a massive bull as well. He feared nothing.

But now with her own young to protect she knew he had feared losing her. Just as she feared the death of her only child. She moved toward the entrance, sniffing and searching. In her gut she felt change. Something was coming, something was here. And it was something she did not like. As the great dragon emerged from her den her wings unfolded lifting up in a grand display. They were near perfection. Not damaged nor tipped. They looked strong. Her neck was snaked so her chest puffed out and wide. The spines along her center back lifted. Dangerously sharp. But for a moment she simply stood there like this. Several moments passed in her silence before the dragons opened her mouth and gave a mighty roar. The mountains beneath her feet trembled and her warning was given as well as the challenge. Smoke streamed from her nostrils, saliva dripped from her open mouth to the ground. As it hit it burst into a short lived flame. Draga was young it was evident by how brilliantly her scales glittered red and gold. How her body was not riddled nor broken by battle. But the bones of man and beast rested at her feet. She knew how to kill, she knew how to fight. And more importantly she still had her mind. For she did not budge from the entrance of her den like others might have. Gone in search of the invaders. Draga had not lost herself to the beast she was. Which made the challenge ever more dangerous. She was raising her young the same. It was hope for the northern dragons. Draga and Vala might yet bring hope to the lands. It was only a shame that the two legged creatures had destroyed her faith in them.

Blood in the breeze
And I hope that you remember me

User Image
Location;Fire Moutains; Drazul's den/ outside
Thoughts;'I know something is there.'
OOC;post is fixed!!.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers