Welcome to Gaia! ::

Look to your left. A zombie has gotten into you house and whatever 5ft to your left or less is your weapon. Will you live?

Yes! 0.31578947368421 31.6% [ 6 ]
Maybe... 0.26315789473684 26.3% [ 5 ]
NO! 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 1 ]
I'm gonna have to MacGyver this one... 0.36842105263158 36.8% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 19 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 208 209 210 > >> >>> »|

User Image
Ģo Ӑhead Ӑnd Нate Ϻe Ƚike Ŷou Ϣant Ҭo

"Depends which one of my many mothers you're talking about" he said with a grin, calming down now that he was getting used to having someone else around. He leaned against the kitchen counter of the apartment, stretching his arms above his head, arching his back with a small series of cracks and pops in the quiet room. "So, are you guys passing through town or staying here for a while?" he asked again, this time his green eyes staying on her, not flickering around in that childish manner of earlier.

He was cold and critical now with a side of playful sarcasm. He was a strange man at times.

He had already sifted through the pantry, collected all the food that was in date and stacked it in neat, organised piles on the bench top, bottled water from the back of the fridge also stacked. It was still in date, still sealed closed. All the food in the fridge was off though. He had found a few packets of cigarettes and a few lighters as well, sorting them into piles too. He checked the draws for batteries or knives, piling those on the bench as well, also neatly.

"If you're planning on passing through, stay away from Knights Avenue" he said with a shrug, "there's a bear pack with rabies at the exit on that street". He had had an encounter with them once. Lost his last comrade to them because they'd refused to listen to him about the rabid bears. He'd only just managed to escape without the disease himself.

He watched her from the corner of his eye as he scavenged through the kitchen, sorting things into clean, tidy little piles on the bench like it was a science class prac work. He found a photo in the bottom draw, a photo of a woman and a baby and he sat that on the window sill, trying not to wonder what happened to them.

Ŷou ℂan't Нate Ϻe Ӑs Ϻuch Ӑs Ϊ Ӑlready Đo
User ImageUser Image

Name: Jimmy "Skull" Knox
Pack: Knife, water bottles, Machete and a small first aid kit
Health: 95%
Where: abandoned apartment kitchen
With: Ethan, Nessa, Alistair and Vincent

[OOC: EDITED ]

Bashful Explorer

User Image
xxxTxxoxxdxxd
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The world used to look so different. Todd remembered how it was, seemed like it was only just yesterday, that he could close his eyes and it would be back to normal. Back home those wheat fields of gold and skies of blue, rolling hills of greens and browns that seemed to stretch on forever. Everything so peaceful, relaxing. Seemed like ever since he moved to the city things started to unravel at an alarming rate. He no longer saw those colorful fields he remembered, when he opened his eyes everything was dull. Everything was dead. Maybe out in the country things would have lasted longer, it was hard to tell. He hadn't heard from his folks in what seemed forever. How would they reach him anyway, lines were down. No one delivered letters, he just had to hope that they were okay. He was on his own, there would be no way of reaching them.

He was never used to the city anyway, it was too fast passed, and everyone in it seemed to do nothing but party. Todd was a working man he never liked to do that sort of thing, he'd work till his flesh wore to the bone. Sure he enjoyed those lazy days out by a pond sipping on ice tea but his family were farmers. He was used to being up at the crack of dawn and out in the fields till the moon was high in the sky. But the city still called for him like it did most young people. He wanted to become a doctor and help folks back home when he got his degree. But that was no longer his priority. Like others it was now staying alive.

There wasn't much to find in the city, Todd stuck mainly to the wilderness. He was good at hunting and tracking. He'd done enough of it back home, but he had to search homes and cities for supplies every now and then. That's when he had to be really careful. Cities were stocked full of zombies.Todd had enough canned food and supplies to last him a good while. But he wanted to save it, besides he was getting tired of eating canned peaches and corn. What he needed was meat. His hand gun was to noisy to use, it would draw zombies in quickly. So he had to stick to setting traps. He just worried about raiders, they had powerful guns and didn't care if they killed another survivor. Todd thought about raiding himself. He was good at being quiet, he was light on his feet, but he didn't think he had the guts to do it. The thought of supplies was tempting, even if he did want to stick it out by himself. He would run out eventually. Todd hadn't eaten in a few days, his traps just weren't catching. Perhaps what ever animals were in the area were now scared of by the zombies. He'd have to continue on, finding an area out of sight and with running water would be best, he just had to be cautious as he went. 'I dont dare go back to the city' he thought to himself, and yet that was the best place to get supplies, but it was also where zombies were the most. It could be quiet on one street and a swarm on another. He didn't know how anyone stayed there, and yet there were. Hiding on rooftops and in buildings.

After a few more hours of walking Todd threw his pack onto the ground and sat his weak frame onto the closest rock. Opening his pack he had several cans of food and a few water bottles and medical supplies and tools. Most he stole from the hospital when he ran away, he grabbed anything he could find, med's, surgery tools, wraps, needles. His hands shook from hunger as he reached for a can of peaches. He took his hunting knife and stabbed the top of the container. Downing the juice and scooping out the peaches the can only lasted a few seconds. He was still starving. Peaches just weren't going to cut it, unless he ate his entire stock. Maybe it was time to go to the city and look for others, it would be dangerous but perhaps he could make some trades. If not he'd at least make an attempt to steal. Todd got up from his rock and started walking toward the city, he could already see there towering buildings in the distance, he wasn't going to like this.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-

Thieving Capitalist

Alistair Fisher

██████████████████████████████

The World As Begun To Fall.....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Slowly half limping and half walking behind Nessa as they enter a room and Alistair relaxed on the wall and began to inspect his side. "This is gonna require a few hours of rest before it even begins to heal." He said out loud as he began to limp towards a door and opened it and tried to turn on the lights. "Yea, that figures." He huffed as he flicked the switch up and down, but the light never cut on. "This seems like the bathroom." He said poking his head out the doorway making sure they didn't leave him here. "Possibly some medical supplies in here." He said as he went back inside the bathroom and found a cabnet that seemed to be over filled. "If something jumps out i'm gonna be one pissed person."

Alistair huffed as he opened it up and a few bottles of pills fell out, he didn't mind those at this moment he was scuffling threw the stuff within. "Seems like this place has been cleaned out mostly." He said loud enough for the others to hear as he shook some pill bottles. "Empty, of course." He sighed as he picked up the pill bottles that fell and shook them. "Well,I hear at least one pill in here." He said with very little enthusiasm as he looked at the label of the bottle and almost began to destroy the bathroom. "Come on, why must this be so cruel we don't need any stool softners." He huffed as he threw the bottle on the ground and began to walk out. "This place is very annoying right now."

Where: First Floor, Abandoned Apartment
With: Vincent, Ethan, Nessa, and Jimmy
Thinking: This just got very annoying.....
Doing: Talking.

(( Ooc: ))

......So Now We Must Rise And Fight

██████████████
User Image

He turned to Alistair, pulling his bag off his shoulders and opening it, chucking a small first aid kit, still in its wrapping to the other man with a shrug, looking at the piles of objects he'd found in the abandoned apartment. He didn't know if it was a good thing there was cute guys around or if it was a bad thing. "If you need stitches I can do those" he said disinterestedly, trying to ignore that there were three attractive men near bye. Oh yes, being gay totally rocked sometimes... NOT.

So far, there were a few tins of peaches, a few tins of fruit salad, about 10 tins of baked beans, 3 tins of spaghetti, there was 13 bags of chips, still in date. He celebrated the chips, they were a godsend. 2 bottles of water from the fridge, 6 cartons of long life skim milk, 4 packets of cigarettes, 1 lighter, 7 kitchen knives, still sharp, also a god send in this day and age and a small pile of batteries, but he didn't know if those would work or not. He could always go steal car batteries though.

User ImageUser Image

Pack: Knife, water bottles, Machete and a small first aid kit
Where: abandoned apartment kitchen

[OOC: ]

Bashful Sex Symbol

12,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image

.:Nessa Scarlet:.

Nessa moved through the apartment checking all the rooms for anything still moving that wasn’t supposed to be, yes they had likely already done this but got comfort in being sure.

Walking back into kitchen she leaned against the door frame and watch as the pilfered through things “I usually only come into the city for supplies, I normally don’t stay overnight but I wasn’t given much choice this time” Nessa said then her attention went down the hall to Alistair in the bathroom “I doubt it” she told him they were lucky there was anything left, the fact that there was still canned food was amazing, most people pack up everything and tried to get out of the city so most apartments we empty but that means that they were less likely to get raided “If it’s a strained muscle then you have a serious problem.”

Nessa looked over the little stock pile they had going, it was actually pretty impressive but she would prefer to save the pilfering till after they had the area secured and apparently the other two didn't think of that “Well you kids keep each other company Moms going to do the hard part” she said then moved to the door and looked back at the two boys “And if you get tired of calling me mom Skull my name is Nessa” she told him then walked back into the hall.

Nessa had began checking the rest of the apartments, she opened the door slowly and peered inside waiting a moment or so to see if there was any movement, not seeing anything she went inside and began to check all the rooms. Outside one of the bedrooms Nessa stopped and covered her nose something smelled of death, she pushed the door open a little and sure enough there was a walker sitting with its back agents the wall, it turned it head and looked at the door, pushing the door opened the rest of the way Nessa made her way over to the undead and plunged her machete into its skull, she then moved onto the next apartment.

WHERE: Searching apartments
WITH: Myself at the moment
OUTFIT:

User Image
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
User Image

"So, supply run gone wrong" he stated, following her silently, watching her kill the walker in the apartment like it was nothing. He was just following to make sure she didn't trigger the alarms on the third floor, for some reason the security machines were all ******** up in this building. Not to mention the second floor was infested with walkers by the sounds of the dull shuffling noises coming from close to the bottom of the stair well.

He walked with his machete out, the metal glinting in the minimal lighting. The fact that there was light in the stairwell was a little disconcerting in his opinion and he didn't bother trying to hide it. He sidled up to Nessa, "Mom, there's more light than there should be this far down the stairs" he mumbled, his voice a low, gravelly whisper in the still, stale air.

It was freaking him out, the light in the stairwell. He backed up a little. "I might take your advice and stay in the apartment, don't go too far down" he whispered, silently going up the stairs, green eyes taking in every crack in the cement, every sound, every roach that moved. He got back into the apartment and turned one of the chairs in the living room to watch the front door, sitting and staring at it boredly, machete in hand.

User ImageUser Image

Pack: Knife, water bottles.
Where: abandoned apartment building.

User Image
Kathleen || Evelet || Johnson

Don't tell me who or what I need to be....

As Kathleens heart began to beat faster, adrenaline being pumped through her. Her vision cleared and the pain eased to a managable state. "Antibiotics. I can take pain, but I can't let this get infected." She motioned to her left shoulder and winced slightly. She crpuched down close to the ground and followed him. an edge of frustration as she slid a hand through her hair. Her emerald eyes scanned over the stranger, why was he helping her? People didn't just help anymore. People are selfish and greedy...who was he? She gripped her weapon tight in her hand making sure to watch as best she could for potential threats. The zombies would be sure to hear all of the firing going on, she cursed herself silently for shooting blindly earlier. It wss frustrating when her reflexes got her into trouble.

Because I already know who I am...

Where? Her apartment
Who With? Another person?
Wearing?
This

Bloody Maleficarum

Timid Mage

11,325 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500
User Image
User Image
Dani Esseker

Oh Dani boy....

...... The Prey, The Prey....

ARE SCREAMING!!!

Dani kept his head low and smirked, you can take the pain ,eh? Well that just means killing you will be that much more fun, he thought exitedly. The idea of having ,more prey was enjoyable enough so he was almost giddy with anticipation. "the names Dani by the way. Call me that or dan...call me Dani boy and I'll get rather.... nasty." he hissed over his shoulder before rounding the next corner quickly. This put a nice physical barrier beteen them and the sniper.....for now at least.

Mood: Pensive, excited
Company:me,myself, and I....maybe some fresh prey
equipment:Machete,Hatchet,bloodied slightly beat up baseball bat, half a box of nails

Thieving Capitalist

Alistair Fisher

The World As Begun To Fall.....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Catches the first-aid that had been thrown to him as he slowly checked it wound as they began to leave him behind. "Yea, that's nice of you guys." Alistair sighed as he limped over to the nearest table and pulled off his coat and his shirt to get a closer check at the wound. "This isn't a full blown muscle strain." He said with a slight frown as he looked at the wound, it began to turn purple. "I think I did pull my muscle just a little, I think is should be less painful." He said with a slight relieved huff. A noise suddenly emerged inside a closed closet near the table that had a chair holding it shut. "What in the world?"

Alistair questioned himself, like he would know the answer to a question he asked. He grabbed one of his katanas and walked to the door slowly and listened for another noise. "Hello." He said in a low hushed tone, another bang come from inside the closet again as in response to his question. "This is just not a best way to die." He smirked then took his katana and unsheathed is and jammed it threw the door multiple times until he heard no more noises from the door. "That seems alot better." He said with confidence as he turned around to be met by another zombie, the zombie looked like a female, but its body was deformed. "This is just not my day, first i'm injured now I have to deal with you." He huffed towards it as he began to walk towards him.

"Were did you even come from?" Alistair asked it, but like he would have gotten a answer from it in the first place. He lunged towards the zombie with all his might and stabbed it in the head with the katana and it fell to the ground. "So, thats were you came from." He said as he looked towards the bathroom and saw the curtain on the bathtub was dragged out and laying on the floor. "Man, that could have gotten me earlier." He said with a slight sigh as the pain from his side hit him again and the combined deprived sleep and he passed out on the floor.

Where: First Floor, abandon apartment
With: Myself
Thinking:Nothing
Doing: Passed out.

(( Ooc: knocked him out becuz i might not be able to get on in the a day or two. ))

......So Now We Must Rise And Fight

██████████████

Bashful Sex Symbol

12,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image

“Yeah you could say that, I ran into other people and they screwed things up for me” she said before leaving.

Sighing Nessa looked to Jimmy whom had apparently followed her “Didn’t I tell you to stay in the apartment? Do you always disobey your Mothers? That may be why they want to shoot you” She told him and continued to look through the apartment, once she had cleared it she made her way back to the living room and began to clear off the coffee table “Thank it would be nice if you listened to me” she side then smiled at him “Don’t worry mommy isn’t going anywhere not even down stairs, I know what I’m doing” then flipped it over and examined the legs, she was in luck they wouldn’t take much to pop them out, removing two of the legs she put them into her bag then moved back into the hall and cleared out the rest of the apartments.

Well in the hall Nessa heard what sounded like a scuffle from the apartment where the boys were, she started moving back to the apartment when suddenly she heard a thud making her start in a sprint to the door. Entering the apartment where the boys were she saw Alistair on the floor and walked over to him “What happened?!” she asked spotting the walker body ‘Damn it! I should have checked the apartment better!’ she knelt down and started examining him “Was he bit?!” she asked Jimmy her focus on his leg that she already knew was injured.

WHERE: Back in the apartment with the boys
WITH: Alistair & Jimmy
OUTFIT:

User Image
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
User Image

"He's not bitten" he said, having gotten up and from his chair in the living room and rushed to the bathroom at the noises coming from there. He closed the bathroom window and then the door. "He killed them then by the looks of things collapsed out of exhaustion or dehydration" he added thoughtfully, already skimming his finger tips over the other mans body expertly, looking for damage veins, injuries under the clothes, broken bones anything that could indicate the reasons for him collapsing.

"He's fine, just tired and thirsty" he said with a sigh, pulling the bandages off Alistair and redoing them correctly, tying them off tight but un-restricting. He'd be fine with a bit of rest and some water. He ran a hand through his dark hair, mumbling half to himself, "I have pain killers at the base, but It'd be too risky at the moment". He didn't want to be dragging Alistair around with an injury like this or have Nessa go with him and leave Alistair alone unconscious.

He never had a conscience before the apocalypse but now, it seemed to be huge.

He sighed, finishing off the check over and starting packing the first aid kit back up and shoved it into the backpack he'd brought with him. "Should we start figuring out how to split the rations we found?" he asked, using a nod to indicate the kitchen counter with all the food and things on it whilst his hands were busy moving things around in his bag to make space for whatever of the rations would go to him.

User ImageUser Image

Bashful Sex Symbol

12,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User ImageUser Image

Nessa breathed a sigh of relief “Good” she said feeling the muscles in his leg “Damn, it is a strain and the best thing for a stain is cold the hot neither of which we can do” grumbling a bit annoyed, she was trying to get her arms under Alistair “Help me move him to the couch.” Once Alistair was on the couch Nessa put the throw pillows off the furniture under his leg to elevate it, hopefully that would take the swelling down a bit then looked back to the walk on the ground ‘No wonder there were still supplies here, the residents never made it out’ she though then stood up “We’ll deal with rations later it’s just not a priority right now, if you’re hungry go ahead and help yourself, you did find most of it after all, as for the pain killers he doesn’t need them right now I’ll keep looking in the other apartments and hopefully we won’t need to go down stairs” Nessa then went and grabbed a bottle of water and set it next to Alistair “If he wakes up see if you can’t get him to drink”

“Stay here this time” Nessa said as she walked into the hall and finished checking the rest of the apartments more thoroughly, look in the cabers and closets this time. After a little over an hour she finally finished, she then moved to the stair well doors, placing it in the handle of the doors she then began rooting through her bag until she pulled out a roll of duct tape and pulled a good strip off and cut it with the hunting knife in the sheath on her hip. She then began the twist it, the stuff was strong enough that when it was twisted it was almost like rope, she had twisted all of it excepted the ends and began wrapping it around the handles and table leg to hold it in place then used the tape on the ends that she hadn’t twisted and pressed it against itself.

Nessa then began searching the empty apartments, leaving the other stair well door for later in case they had to go down stairs. There wasn’t much in the other apartments, she found some can goods tucked away in the corners of cabinets but not much a few kitchen knives and a tool for sharpening them and a couple more lighter, leaving only one apartment, the one where she found the walker there was a good chance that they hadn’t left when the city fell and there was still some supplies in there. Entering the apartment Nessa started in the bathroom and looked in the medicine cabinet opining it she found some Tylenol and a muscle rub that was all that would be of use she then went to turn and leave but as she did something caught her attention from the corner of her eye, looking back at what it might be she saw a cap sticking out slightly from under the counter. Turning around she bent over and picked it up “Half a tube of polysporin? What were you doing under the counter?” She questioned not really expecting an answer, Nessa looked to the bed where she had found the walker “Likely tried to use it on the bite to stop it from getting infected…” She let a sigh escape her lips then left and walked back to the boys. “How is he doing? Did he wake up yet?” Nessa asked as she walked into the living despite already knowing the answer.

WHERE: Back in the apartment with the boys once more.
WITH: Alistair & Jimmy
OUTFIT:

User Image

Bashful Sex Symbol

12,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
UP DATE

User Image

Before Sunrise - Morning – Late Morning - Noon – Evening – Dusk - Night Fall – Mid Night

User Image

Freezing - Cold - Chilly - Cool - Moderate - Warm - Hot - Boiling

Full Cloud Cover - Cloudy - Light Cloud Cover - No Cloud Cover

Thunder & Lighting - Pouring - Raining - Drizzling - Misting - Hailing - Freezing Rain - Snowing - Fog - Clear

Powerful Winds - Very Windy - Windy - Breezy - Gentile Breeze - No Wind

Bold is current

Bashful Explorer

User Image
xxxTxxoxxdxxd
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Todd was now entering the city limits after hours of walking. There still wasn't much to see. He walked along the abandon freeway. Cars littered the area, some jammed in lines showing how people were trying to evacuate. Others were scattered off and around the road with broken windows and a some even carried dead bodies in them. Todd could hear the flies as he passed them. He had to find shelter soon, it was getting dark out. Now it would be more dangerous. He had to be careful.

Todd wiped sweat off his forehead as he walked adjusting his pack on his shoulder. He glanced at his surroundings as he made his way further on. 'Guess I could check some of these buildings' He thought as he walked over toward an abandoned building. He wasn't sure if there would be walkers in there, any building he went into could be empty or filled with trapped zombies. Most buildings were covered in graffiti of warnings or phrases that the world is ending. He chose to stick with a building that was still close to the outer edge of the city. He didn't want to go to far in. If he needed to escape it would be easier to get out. Todd carefully made his way to the building. He readied his bat as he opened the store entry door.

It was a small store selling food, pet supplies and other goods. As he opened the door he immediately spotted a walker in the aisles, its head moved to the sound of the door opening eyes locking on Todd. Todd gripped the bat tightly as it moved around the corner, it was faster now that it was dark, the night increasing its instincts to kill. Todd couldn't help but back away a bit as the Zombie started toward him, it was moving quickly. He swung quickly at its head before its cold flesh reached him and knocked the corpse to the ground. Swinging a few more times he made sure the head was smashed and that it wouldn't get up. Todd took deep breathes as he tried to calm himself down a bit. There was only one after all. Todd slowly made his way around the main building room he had to check the rest of the building. There was food and store items all over the floor, blood on the walls and floors. A few bodies, they'd been dead for a while. The zombie might have been using them as a food source if it was trapped in the building. Once he'd been through the whole building he went back to the main entry way. 'This might be a good place camp for now' he thought as he locked the doors, he pulled down the metal gate to cover the door. He didn't have a key to lock it but if any zombies tried to get through it, at least it would give him time to get out the back.

Todd searched through the remaining items in the store. There were a few useful items left, some food, but not much. Most was rotting or had already been taken. There wasn't any water left, he was happy to find a few cans of beef though. At least he'd have a small change in his food. Todd laid out a few dog pillows for a bed and plopped himself down on the floor. He would try but he didn't think he was going to get much sleep. He never did anymore. He crossed his arms against his chest keeping his hand gun close to his side as he closed his eyes for a moment.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━-
User Image

"Not yet" he said from the kitchen, having been cutting the piles of objects four ways, trying to make sure everyone got equal amounts of the resources. "Find anything?" he asked, trying to lighten the mood just a little, even if it was futile. He could still dream of the world going back to its simpler ways, imagine the world would one day find a cure and all the zombies would just fall down and stop moving forever.

User ImageUser Image

[OOC: Sorry, didn't mean for it to be so short ]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff