Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
Speaking with: Brookelle, Jasper, Eli, and Kostro

“Where’s Jasper?” She had looked away just a moment, and her elder brother was gone! Shouldn’t things be the other way around…Her being the one he had to keep an eye on?! Then she noticed his rider-less horse near the stall where the man had stolen the jerky from. She caught a glimpse of her twin brother and the arm that grabbed him and yanked him back into the alley. “Bloody hell!” She hissed and slipped down from her own horse.

“I think that thief has my brother.” Her stupid brother…She loved him, but if she wasn’t trying to ride the man down, what possessed Jasper to go confront him? It was reckless and stupid, and just the sort of thing she wanted to do, but her brother had beaten her to it!

She grabbed her bow from her saddle, and the quiver of arrows, slinging them over her shoulder. She had the knife in her boot. Likely the man was watching the mouth of the alley. Instead, she used a stall as a ladder and climbed onto a balcony, then up to the roof. It wasn’t hard for her to get across the roofs to one overlooking the alley, and sure enough, he was holding her brother at knifepoint! She was tempted to shoot him where he stood, but she didn’t trust herself to not hit her brother. Next best thing…

His back was to her. She was silent as she moved onto the ledge and dropped down onto a small balcony without a sound that could be heard over the noise of the market outside the alley. She climbed onto the railing around the balcony and pulled the knife from her boot before she held it between her teeth and began to hang from the bottom of the balcony. The man was backing up towards her. She bent her knees so he wouldn’t brush against her toes and when she saw the knife he was holding to her brother’s neck she dropped down, her heel kicking into the wrist that held the knife as hard as she could as she tightened her knees against his head. One hand went for the hilt of her knife as the other hand grabbed his hair and yanked back so he could see the knife the girl was about to send into his eye if he gave her a reason.

“I’m the only one allowed to pull a blade on my brother!”

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Current Location: Eden, Noveria
Speaking With: Jewel & Jasper Stone

The weight that dropped onto his shoulders nearly forced his hand to cut the boy's throat, but he managed to pull back just enough to save the kid's life. There was a knife pointed at his own eye now, and he heard the voice yell at him. A girl, and a young one. The children of this city seemed prone to making mistakes that could cost them their lives. If these children were anything to judge the rest of the city by, it was a wonder that anyone living in the city was over the age of twelve.

His hand reached up, quick as lightning and swatted away the girl's hand, then gripped both her legs and pulled them apart, and with a little hop, he sent her off his shoulders and onto the cobble below. With a twirl, he swept up the boy and placed his blade to his throat again. "You nearly made me cut your brother's throat, little one. When a man is pressing a blade to your brother's neck, it is not wise to sneak up and jump on him. It begs the question; were you trying to save him, or inadvertently kill him?"

He held the boy tighter and pressed the tip of his blade against his neck a little harder. This time hard enough to break the skin. A bead of blood emerged and rested against the tip of Kostro's blade. It was nothing deadly, but if he moved his blade a couple millimeters back, it would poke through an artery and the boy would likely bleed out."I will give you the same advice I gave the boy. Scream, and you die."

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

» with fire that makes someone willing to follow her into hell itself.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with: Jewel, Jasper, Eli, Kostro

"By order of the Queen of Noveria, drop the boy!" Brookelle's voice rang through the alley, followed only by the swift click of her boots on the stone. It was enough distraction to give Jasper the time to land a kick to his captor's groin. The boy wiggled to the ground and she seized him by the collar, throwing him in a pile on the ground behind her where he would be safe. [******** moron." She chastised Jasper as she drew her longsword and put it to the man's stomach. She pressed the tip in just enough to make a point. If he so much as breathed in two deeply, he'd puncture his own stomach. 

"You're lucky I don't gut you for even thinking to lay a hand on my boy." Brooke said through her teeth, swinging her sword out to the side and allowing it to clatter to the ground. Before the man could react, a fast and forceful fist connected with his jaw. "Let me make this clear to you. You have made yourself an enemy of the queen by even daring to lay a finger on my kids. I. Will. Slay. You." His shirt curled in her fist. 

"Eli! Take his weapons!" She called over her shoulder, not once daring to let their eye contact break. "What's your name, peasant?" She demanded. She'd give him a few last words before she'd cut his tongue out. She was debating even cutting off his hands.

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image
User Image

He felt the knife press against his skin, and stared up at the criminal. He was light-skinned with long blond hair and probably Eli's age. Eli would've been good company, or at the very least his sister--she would've been glad to confront a man who dared to steal in Eden. The absence of pain made him forget sometimes that injuries would hurt in another way. Jasper waited for the hand to be removed and the man to speak. "And that's a crime worthy of losing your head," he whispered, and did not scream. He heard his sister before he saw her and felt the force of her kick as the knife was sent away from his neck. The man, however, scooped him back up before he could get away. Jasper bent his arm so he could throw it backwards into his groin.

Being pulled around again, he felt the wetness of blood at his collar. The man had cut him to get his point across and no matter how hard he pressed, Jasper wasn't going to scream. He forced his elbow into the man's jewels instead at Brookelle's voice. He slipped out from his arm to be caught by the queen and tossed onto the ground. He rolled into Eli's boot. He watched as the man stepped over him and in three easy strides made it to the queen and her captive. He put a hand to his neck, feeling the shallow cut that had been made and applying pressure to it. "Jewel, are you alright?" he called to his sister, she had been brave enough to jump on the man's shoulders, and she had hit the ground as he had... the only difference was she felt it more.

"I just wanted him to pay for the jerky he stole," Jasper said, pushing himself up from the ground. A sharp look from Eli silenced any more of his commentary on his idiocy, and he picked up Brookelle's discarded sword for safekeeping. It was heavy. He wondered how she wielded it so effortlessly. Eli had help train Brookelle, and his sister was trying to become as skilled as she was. Jasper simply held it with the point in between one of the stone's cracks and watch them disarm and punish the thief.

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image

Jewel hit the ground and rolled away, glaring. She knew her brother wouldn’t scream…She’d learned at a young age, if you wanted Jasper to scream you did something other than inflict pain. He couldn’t feel if you hurt him. It rather took the fun out of beating sense into him.

She was grinning when Brooke showed up and put the man in his place…With some help via a hard hit from her brother to a very sensitive place. The man deserved that and worse. “He cut Jasper!” Jewel declared as she skirted the man, glaring, eyes narrow as she made her way to her elder brother. She pulled a handkerchief from her pocket and looked at his wound. It wouldn’t kill him. They’d just have to stop the bleeding and watch for an infection…Blood loss and germs could definitely kill him, especially since he couldn’t understand when his body was telling him something wasn’t right.

“I’m alright.” She assured her brother as she pressed the cloth to the cut. “Next time tell Eli or a city guard.” She muttered while Eli and Brooke handled the moron who dared draw her brother’s blood. That was a sister’s loving duty, not some idiot stranger’s!

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Speaking With: Brookelle Allandor & The Stone Twins

"I only gave him a little knick." He retorted a tthe young girl's accusation. "He'll live." Then he turned his gaze to the queen as he began tossing his weapons to the ground, his jaw beginning to ache from the hit she gave him. She did not punch like a queen. His eyes never left her own as he pulled his daggers from their sheathes, another couple hidden within holsters beneath his shirt, another couple that were hidden in sheathes on his back, and finally he dropped his belt that held his swords.

"And you, Your Grace... You are a liar. 'Your kids'?" Kostro chuckled at the thought. "You had them when you were five?" He stepped back and took a knee. "I know who you are, Brookelle Allandor... And I know who they are as well. The Stone twins... And bastards if their surname is anything to judge them by.

"Nevertheless, I stole some jerky. I was starving and desperate. If these children had even a small sense of self-preservation, they would have called for a guard rather than approach and attack me. Little did they know, I'm no common thief, and I am more than capable of taking that blade from you and leaving this Kingdom without a queen.

"But I won't, for I came to Eden to see you. I'm sure you've heard of the murder of King Altrick, I'm sure. Do you not find it strange that the new King of Acaelus was so quick to inform the other Kingdoms? And how would you feel if I told you that the queen of Elysia was just as quick to respond? There is an urgency underlying these events, like the way the wind quickens before a storm. The murder of King Altrick is obviously preceding something far more dire."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
KINGx ATTICUSx DEVEREUX
SPEAKING TO: Eliias Crowley

"It is a regrettable one. To be quite honest, I have yet to know details of the murder myself."Eyeing his advisers, whom seemed to intend to listen to the pair intently, he led Eliias out of the Throne room and into the hall, where he found his guard. Atticus debated on speaking with his friend then and there, but felt it more comforting to be alone with him. "Go inside and keep the others company, will you?" he suggested to the guard that had been waiting outside of the Throne room. With a questionable look and a nod, he turned on his heel and entered the room, closing the door gently behind him. After making sure that no one else was in the vicinity, he turned back to Eliias.

"This whole matter is worrying me. Though I have only heard of the news as of this morning, it has kept me wondering if this murderer is the same as--" he stopped himself, realizing how ridiculous and childish he sounded. He was a King and he had to act like one. Even during the worst of times, he had to pretend as if they had won the greatest victory of all. It was difficult since he had never had experience with getting over the murder of someone he loved as dearly as he did his wife.

Atticus' posture suddenly changed; his back straight, his head high, and his proud expression back on his face. He had to stop dwelling in the past and focus on the future. He had to be the King that he always used to be. And he had to stop telling himself these things without making an improvement. Waving his hand in front of his face carelessly, he continued, "Never you mind. We'll have news of the matter latest by sun down tomorrow, I'm sure. But as of now, do you have any other knowledge on the matter? Did he have many enemies?" The King lost the worry in his voice and returned to his nonchalant ways, pushing back his fears.

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image HIBROOKE User Image

location: Eden, Noveria company: Brookelle Allandor & Twin Stones, Kostro

Eli pried every weapon off of the man, and he wasn't afraid of getting too handsy to be sure he pulled every dagger and needle from him. He stood behind him as he talked to Brookelle. The comment about leaving this kingdom without a queen wasn't appreciated, no matter how impossible it was. He ought to pick up the two supposed bastards and beat the man to death with them. At least one would learn the lesson of pain enough to not go running off next time, or make the mistake of comparing him to a city guardsman again. That wasn't even close to what he was. He scowled, pressing his foot into the man's back to push him off balance. "Answer her," he ordered. There had been no name given when Brookelle had demanded one.

She may have had issue with him for touching one of her kids, but he had issue with him just from his face. "Get to the point. You want something." Eli watched him carefully. He had admitted to being no common thief, and he could see that. He could also see him as a dead man, too. There was a pull of a bow and an arrow let loose from one of the gasping children.

The arrow missed its intended target of the man and nearly hit him in the foot. Too close for comfort. "You can’t shoot him for being stupid," the boy hissed at his sister, the one armed with the weapon. Obviously he had done something to throw it off its mark.

"Says who!? It’s just a knick, it won’t kill him." the girl replied.

"She can shoot him for less," he snorted, "No one would care." Eli especially. He was close to hitting the man in the temple and resuming their journey, but it was Brookelle's decision. If she didn't make it in five seconds, he would make it for her though.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

» with fire that makes someone willing to follow her into hell itself.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with: Jewel, Jasper, Eli, Kostro

Brooke's fist curled and struck Kostro again. "You're one to talk. Were you sired of an a**?" She hissed, taking one of his blades to whack him in the temple with the handle of it. She stood back up and put a hand on the curve of her hip, pointing to both children. "Both of you idiots, back on your horses. Where I can see you. Go." 

She sighed and turned back to her not so petty criminal. "As for you..." She took her sword from Jasper when he offered it. "you're lucky I don't cut every last one of your fingers off. I'd save your tongue for last, 'cause I enjoy to hear smart bastards like you curse at me. Why do you think I keep Eli around?" She winked at him and sheathed her sword. Quick as fire, another ferocious look crossed her face and she grabbed his shirt again. "Don't get me wrong, if you ever so much as looked at my kids wrong ever again... I'd take your eyes out with serving spoons and feed them to my hunting dogs. But today, I won't kill you, simply because I think it's cute you came to tell me what I already know."

Brooke cocked a smug smile and pushed him away from her. "The Ghost is quick to offer her condolences. Besides, it doesn't take a warrior to taste war on the wind. I've known." She turned to leave, then leaned down and took one of his blades. "I think I might keep this. Just so if I do happen to run into you again... I can use it to cut your tongue out with." Brookelle spun back around, walking backwards. "You never told me your name!" 

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Brissol, Montarra
Speaking With: Atticus Devereux

"I know only that he was killed." Eliias turned up an apologetic smile, his answer was inadequate in many different ways. He toyed with the pommel of his blade as he prepared to speak, and old habit that he would likely live with for the rest of his days, or until he was too old to carry a blade... Whichever came first. He took in a deep breath and exhaled, dropping his hand from the pommel of his sword and bring it back up to scratch at his beard. "The same person that killed your wife... That is an outrageous theory, but it is something worth looking into.

"But we can not know until we speak with the new King of Acaelus. You will likely need to form an alliance with the Acaelus Kingdom if you expect the King to divulge information about his death. Only then can we know for sure."
The idea of an alliance was something that would likely be taken as a surprising notion, but Eliias was doing his best to think ahead as much as he could, for his King's sake. "I know an alliance seems redundant, given that the Septenary is experiencing a time of relative peace.

"But no Kingdom has an exclusive alliance with each other, and therefor, if the King's murderer fled to another Kingdom, extradition would be near impossible. And if, gods forbid, the killer was someone of importance within a Kingdom's court, it could mean war is on the horizon. An alliance is... prudent.

"But you will have to offer something great to King Atlas to get him to trust you. I suspect with his brother being murdered, he is going to be paranoid that he is next. It would be advisable not to request a meeting with him, but rather to casually run into him at some organized event..."

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

» "kissed by the moon," they whispered.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with:

Andraste crossed her arms as he shut the door. He was already infuriating. She could have had someone unlock the door if she'd wanted to, but she didn't care enough. It was growing late and she was too tired to bother. She turned on her heel and scurried back down the hall, slamming her door shut and locking it behind her. She'd been too curious not to get a glimpse of his face. It had been worth it. But she couldn't let his very good looks outmatch her own common sense. Andraste knew she could do him one better in the morning. 

When the sun rose again, she pretended to be excited that the prince had arrived overnight. She went through another grueling process of being prepared for the day ahead, shoved from room to room to bathe, dress, and finish her hair. All of the women in the room were still ever stifling and obnoxious, and her dress laced twice as tight as the day before. Her face was nearly drained of color. Before departing for breakfast and her official introduction to Kelevra. There was not a chance in hell that he'd have to fake awe, she decided smugly. 

"Wait here, Draste. Your father wants to bring you in himself. You're his crown jewel, you know." Liliana brushed Andraste's thick braid down her back and smiled at the girl, kissing her cheek. "You are so beautiful. He'll adore you, Andraste. It's impossible for him not to." She resisted the urge to roll her eyes when her father swept into the room, taking her on the arm and rambling on about how she was supposed to stay quiet and smile. 

Fat chance. She still had yet to get Kelevra back, and she planned on it.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Speaking With: Brookelle Allandor & Eli Savage

He smiled at the queen. She was cruel and direct, and he wasn't sure if she acted that way for the good of her kingdom or for her own amusement. He felt that maybe he had made a mistake with coming to Eden to warn the queen, perhaps another Kingdom would have been a better option. Yes, she may have already assumed that war was a possibility. But there was no way she knew Elysia was quick to reply to the Acaelus King's letter... And thus she would not understand the implications.

"If you must know, my name is Kostro Lenore. I was sired of an a**... and the whore that entertained it. Have you ever seen such a thing?" He felt perhaps that joke had been too far, even for him, but he summoned a smile nonetheless. "Keep the blade... I'll get it back eventually, I'm sure." He grabbed only his needles and the leg of the queen's guard, then gave a tug, sending the man onto his back. With that, he ran around the corner and jumped onto a roof, then ran until he was certain he had lost them.

"Teenagers should not be rulers..." Kostro muttered to himself. "... they already think they know everything. Gods forbid you try to offer them some advice." He shouldn't have expected much. Nobles seemed to only listen to nobles when it came to political matters. Kostro was no noble, obviously. So he shouldn't have expected anyone to listen to him.

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image

Jewel’s eyes flashed at Kostro’s words and her hand grabbed the end of her bow, swinging it around and retrieving an arrow in a rather fluid motion as she took aim at the blond man. She and her brother were not bastards. Their grandfather had been, but he was proud of that fact and gave the name to his son. The man was aching for a new hole someplace if he was going to say something so downright stupid to someone he didn’t know. Especially when they were armed and he was not.

There was a gasp from Jasper as he quickly shoved her hand aside. The arrow loosed and barely missed the man’s foot. She had wanted to shoot him on the tip of the foot, right at his toes. It wouldn’t have killed him. It imbedded between the stones right next to his feet.

“You can’t shoot him for being stupid.” Jasper hissed.

“Says who?” Jewel glared at the blond man. “It’s just a knick, it won’t kill him.” She said primly, throwing the man’s words back at him, as she slung her bow back over her shoulder.

When Brooke ordered them back to their horses, she gave a slight bow and backed out of the alley, not willing to turn her back on the blond man, even with Brooke and Eli there. When she was out of the alley, she walked over to her horse and slung onto the back of the creature, sitting taller astride the beast as she smiled sweetly to the queen, whether she could see it or not.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Current Location: Night Vale, Acaelus
Speaking With: Aryk Hunter

"If you were never captured and never divulged who your employer was, then my brother's death may have been deserved, but not warranted." There was still a chance for war. Justice had not been served... He wasn't dead because someone retaliated against him for having their ships attacked. He was dead because somebody wanted him dead for some other reason. Atlas rubbed his temples and stared at the man before him.

"I would like to keep you employed, Aryk. You seem like someone of use. And your underworld resources may come in handy... But no more attacking ships from the other Kingdoms. At least not yet. What I would like for you to do is to find out as much as you can about Lady Soraya, Queen of Elysia. Go there if you must... Just learn as much as possible."

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
Speaking with: King Atlas LeCarde

Aryk bowed slightly. “Sire, you pay me. You give the orders.” Though it was nice to hear he wouldn’t have to go after any more ships. That could get dangerous, especially with newer models…Never knew what to expect from them. He stood up just as he gave his new orders. The shock was easy to see on the man’s face.

“You want me to what now?” He waved, gesturing he understood what the King had said, it was a rhetorical question. “Soraya…Why’s that name familiar?” He scratched his head, then his chin, a fist on his hip. Then it dawned on him. He laughed. “That was the little girl of the King and Queen…She’s a Queen now?” He laughed. “She’d be…What? Fifteen? Sixteen? My brother was---”

The amusement fled his features. “Last news I heard of my brother he had been assigned to guard the girl. But that was years and years ago. He probably got thrown in the dungeon by now…” He couldn’t see Isaac playing guard to some spoiled little princess. He hated spoiled people. Some things just didn’t change. “Well, I can go about like I’m looking for my brother. Haven’t seen him over thirteen years. Dungeons would be a good place to look. I’ll come back as soon as I can and give my report.”

He gave a bow and turned to leave, if Atlas had nothing else to say, he’d be on his way to Elysia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff