Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Current Location: Night Vale
Speaking With: Atlas LeCarde

"Dead?" The news struck him like a hammer to the chest. His uncle, the king, had been murdered. It was almost too much to bare, but he held his head as high as he could, placing a hand against the wall to prevent himself from collapsing. His father was just as upset by the news, he could tell. But as his father sat on the throne, the new King of Acaelus, he could not weep for the loss of his own brother. It was not befitting of a King at court to openly weep.

Kelevra knew that his father would shed tears for his brother later, in the privacy of his own room. "Aye, Kelevra. The King tried to spell out the name of his killer in his own blood, but he never finished." That filled Kelevra with mixed feelings.

"That means the killer was someone he knew..."

"Or knew where they were from."

"What did he write?"

"E. L. Y." There were mutters across the room, and Kelevra knew why. He gathered enough of what everyone was saying to get a clear understanding of what that could mean. Kelevra had had enough... This was too much to handle all at once, and he could barely hear his father as he explained what would be expected of Kelevra from here on out. With the death of the King, Kelevra's father, Atlas was the new King, and that made Kelevra the heir to the throne...

His father excused him once Kelevra said he understood his new responsibilities... And that was a lie. He didn't understand anything. His whole life had changed in the blink of an eye, and he was unsure how he would cope with it... He decided it would be best just to take things as they came at him, and not stress himself out before hand unless necessary.

A knock at his bedroom door interrupted his thoughts. "Come in." He called, and the door swung open and his mother stepped into the room.

"My boy... I'm so sorry about your uncle. He was such a great man."

"Mother... I want to be left alone right now."

"I know, Kelevra. I understand. But there is something I think you should be warned about."

Kelevra shifted his gaze from her, to the other side of the room, and back again. Warned was never a word followed by good news, so he prepared himself. "What is it?"

"You're the heir now. Your life is going to become a political mayhem, and you are going to have to do things you do not want to do..."

"Like what?"

"Please don't be angry with us... But your father and I... We arranged a marriage for you."

"You what?!" Kelevra slammed his door and turned back to his mother. "My uncle's blood hasn't even been cleaned from the floor. Father's a** hasn't been sitting on that throne for more than an hour, and you've already arranged a marriage for me?"

"Mind your tongue, son. I am your mother and I will not be spoken to in such a manner. Now if you would listen..." She huffed, took a breath, and continued. "Your father and I discussed it, and decided on who you would marry. She's a lovely girl... You'll like her."

"I doubt it. Remember when you forced me to eat my carrots as a child. I hate carrots now. I don't like anything I am forced into."

"Don't be such a brat, Kelevra LeCarde. Your father and I didn't have a choice when we were married, and we love each other more than anything in the world... You can have the same happiness if you simply try to like her."

"We'll see."

"Then I'll send the raven off."

"You haven't sent the raven?"

"Not yet."

"Don't send it, then! I don't want this. Let me find a wife of my own."

"We don't have time for that. Your uncle's death means more than just a funeral. We have already sent word to the other Kingdoms... We left out the part about him trying to tell us who his killer was... But if this becomes a war, we're going to need to do everything we can to survive. And that might mean you have to marry someone you don't want to... This isn't about you." She said no more... She simply opened the door and left, leaving Kelevra to sulk.

It was officially the worst day of Kelevra's life.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Current Location: Night Vale
Speaking With: None

"E. L. Y." Atlas kept repeating the letters over and over again... He did not want to believe it, but the only thing he could think of was Elysia. Other members of the council had been quick to point the finger at Elysia as well once they saw the bloody scrawling left behind by the slaughtered king. Atlas had seen to it that ravens were sent to the other kingdoms to notify them that the king had been killed, but he had also made sure the details of the murder were left out of the letters. That was something he would discuss when the proper time came.

"I don't want to believe the Kingdom of Elysia would assassinate our King... But if they did, what would their reason be? What could they hope to accomplish?" Nobody in the court had an answer for him, and that was exactly what he had expected from them. It did not make sense, but it still had to be treated like a possibility.

Atlas, the new king of Acaelus, was torn. His brother had been killed and nobody knew who to blame. The letters did not sound like a name Atlas knew, but it did sound like a country. And pointing the finger of blame at an entire country could invoke a war...

Right about now, Kelevra was receiving news he would not want to receive, and that was another thing Atlas was going to have to take care of. Another political move that would not go unnoticed...

"I am going to rest. Have the surgeons turn in a report on the King's death once they are finished with his body. We will resume tomorrow and begin funeral preparations." Atlas rubbed his temples and left the room. When he reached his own door, he slid into his bed and closed his eyes. The quicker he fell asleep, the quicker tomorrow would come. He just wanted this day to be over.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

» with fire that makes someone willing to follow her into hell itself.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with: none

"Your Majesty, the king has passed on to the next world. The fires have been lit. Long live the Queen!"

A resounding cry of the servant's words echoed about the room as all those dining in the Great Hall with her, mostly family that had arrived from all over Noveria in the past month, stood and bowed. Brookelle Allandor was the king's eldest daughter, and therefore from the moment of his passing the crown had been handed to her. He'd picked a hell of a time to die. She'd congratulated him the night before on not having any sons, reassuring him that she was better than any son he ever could have raised. She was the blood of Sunnifa Allandor, Noveria's finest ruler, and it's greatest warrior.

She planned to outshine even her legendary great-great-great-great... grandmother.

"A drink to the king, and another for *inevitable war!" Brookelle raised her goblet and while everyone else took a drink, she poured hers on the floor. "Gods take you, father. If not, I'll meet you in hell." She whispered to herself, laughing. She left the Great Hall to see the spectacular fires from the courtyard, one roaring in every tower. The rain dared not put them out. She put her hand over her eyes to shield them from cascading sheets of rain, smiling up at the dark sky. It was as if the sun had never even risen. It would rain for days.

She ran her hands through her soaked hair and dug the toe of her boot into the mud. Brookelle did not want a formal ceremony to be recognized as Queen. Under her degree they'd slap a crown on her head and she'd sign a paper or two and be done with the deal. She didn't do pageantry, and tradition was for old ladies and shriveled men. Her sisters wouldn't agree with it... but they weren't the ******** queen were they?

At least Eli would agree with her. Good ol' Savage would run through fire with her if she asked. She appreciated that in a friend. She wiped the rain from her eyes again and smiled, collapsing back on her a** to watch the fires burn. She'd catch her death out in the rain and there was no one to stop her. She didn't care that she was getting mud in her hair by laying down because no one could say anything. It was... liberating. Somewhere, her mother was rolling in her grave. Poor dear.

It began to rain harder and she watched the fire fight with the downpour to stay alive. For a minute, she even thought it a better idea to retire and play cards inside until her sisters finished crying. But that eliminated all the fun in waiting to see how long it took someone to find her.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

» "kissed by the moon," they whispered.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with: Liliana, Nautilus, and Easton Trelane

"Most certainly, absolutely not!" Andraste sneered across the breakfast table. "I am not marrying! No! Not when it is not of my own choice!" The raven had arrived and ruined her entire day. She could already sense the disappointment radiating off of Nautilus. They would not be riding together that afternoon. Andraste sent her sister a sympathetic look and released her knife from a steel grip to pat her knee under the table.

Her father's exasperated sigh carried though the room. "Gods above, child. When are you going to just simply do as you're told?"

"Would you like for me to answer that honestly?"

Easton glared at his eldest daughter. "Andraste Keelin Trelane, you will not disrespect me." Her nose wrinkled in disgust as soon as her name slipped from his lips. She didn't care how angry he got. She didn't care what he did. She wasn't marrying anyone arranged to her.

"He's a prince now, Andraste. It would do this family well-"

"Do not speak to me about family, Liliana. You are not my mother." A deadly silence spread through the room and Andraste broke it, her chair scraping against the stone as she slid it out from behind her. "You're all mad if you think I'm marrying him because he's a prince. You're worse off if you think I'm marrying him because you told me to. Good morning to all of you. Have my breakfast sent to my room." She said as she turned on her heel, stomping out into the hallway and finally onto a balcony to clear her head.

Something about the sea air always did good to clear Andraste's head. She ran her hands through her hair and shook her head, laying her arms back down to rest on the balcony. Another little pair of hands rested beside hers soon after. "Andraste, you're not going to leave me, are you?" Andraste smiled and leaned down to kiss her sister's mop of curly, blonde hair.

"And let them marry you off to some boy you've never met? Never." She said, wrapping her arm around the eight-year-old's shoulders. "I love you. I'm not going to leave you. Even if they make me marry this stupid Kelevra boy... I'm always going to be here for you. Always, Nauts." She kissed her head again. "Go ready your horse. I'll be down in a bit." A very excited Nautilus dashed from the balcony and back down the hall without another word. For that, Draste was thankful.

She needed the time alone. Being a woman came with responsibility. If her father had had his way, she'd have been married off the day she was able to have children. He was too eager to get rid of her, but she'd stuck it out for almost five years and counting. It felt a lot like he was just trying to sell her hand to the highest bidder, and boy had he hit the mother load. Andraste could be a future queen.

She pushed back on the marble railing. It was too much at once. She turned back to find her sister, eager for the chance to escape reality again.

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: An Advisor

She stood smiling at the flowers that had just come into bloom. This was her private garden, the garden where her parents’ crypts were located. Everyone had thought it strange when she had first spoke of her desire to turn this place into a garden, because so much life in a place of death seemed odd to them, but seeing the results, no one could argue it was a true memorial to her parents.

“Your Grace, there has been a raven.”

She knew that somber note to his voice. It was bad news. “And what news did the raven bring?”

“I’m afraid the King of Acaelus has been murdered, Your Grace. His brother, Atlas, has taken responsibility as King.”

She lowered her gaze to the small stone that marked the crypt for her father and mother. She had no brothers or sisters to bury. She could not empathize, but her heart went out to the new King. “I will write him a letter of condolence.”

“Your Grace---” She knew his protest. She had never done such a thing herself. No one had seen her handwriting, and it was distinctly that of a female, though it was impossible to gauge the age of the one who had set them to paper.

“I can’t remain hidden forever. I think it is time I made myself known in some small way to the other rulers, and while I wish it were under more cheerful circumstances, now is as good a time as any. And prepare a small parcel box, I wish to send something to them when I send the letter.”

The advisor nodded and bowed. She crouched down. This was the first plant she had set into the soil. Her own tears had watered the roots, her own blood had nourished the plant that grew, her own hands had lovingly tended it through every stage of life. It was a fitting memorial. Just as she had planted it to mark the memory of her parents, she hoped the cuttings that sprouted in the earth around it would help the murdered king’s family remember him fondly.

It was an hour later that she was washing her hands of the soil. She had removed the cuttings herself and wrapped the roots with great care. She’d even placed a few drops of her own blood onto the roots. Call it fanciful, but she felt that for something to grow, the one who wished it to grow should offer some token sacrifice. She had placed the cuttings into the box herself. Now it was time to write the letter.

She had thought long and carefully. This would be her first correspondance making herself known as queen to the other Kingdoms. So much could come from this…Good or ill…She had to be careful with her wording, offer sympathy without appearing weak or groveling…And she wanted to be truthful.

Once her words were on the paper, she carefully sprinkled the pearl dust onto the page to help the ink dry, and it gave the words a sparkling appearance. Once that was completed, she folded the letter and set her seal to the wax so that they would know no one had opened it since she had written it. She secured it with twine to the box and gave instructions to have it delivered with their fastest carrier bird.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Current Location: Outskirts of Perdue (Noveria)
Speaking With: None

The arrow was loosed, a dull thing with a corked tip. It wasn't meant to do damage... Well, not much. It had a much deep hum to it as it flew through the air, and a comical THUD as it met its mark. The winged messenger fell from the sky, but Kostro caught it before it hit the ground, his hands gingerly holding it so as not to hurt it more than the arrow already had. He removed the message from its holster and unrolled the parchment.

The letter inside was more important than anyone knew, and the flower attached was a nice touch from the child queen of Elysia. "Interesting." Kostro thought as he rolled the parchment back up and stuck it back in the holster. The raven that was delivering it was already cawing and back on its feet, so Kostro attached the letter to its leg and sent it on its way. The letter would reach the king of Acaelus. Kostro had merely wanted to know what news was travelling from Kingdom to Kingdom these days.

The life of an assassin was, unfortunately not a wealthy one. In these times of peace, an assassin's work was few and far between, so when he made coin, he kept a very tight budget. But with the news in that letter, it seemed as though the time just might come where he would be seeing a steady increase in work. That's what he was hoping for at least. His kills earned him a great deal of coin, but that always seemed to run out before he found another contract.

Kostro pointed his horse toward Eden and kicked the great beast into full gallop.

Questing Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image

Lions clawed down the sapphire tapestries of the kingdom's heir, the grand hall decorated in the blues and golds of its banner. The King seated at the head of the high table of noble lords and extravagantly decorated ladies. His name day past, he sat a year from thirty and to the right of an eighteen year old lady. Rock was well past due for a proper wife, so he had been told, while the arranged marriages of princely youth had never been so quite sought after as the blondes and redheads in that time. Queen Aine had died in childbirth. His father never remarried and then went on to die in the winter of his son's eighteenth year from the delayed break of his heart. Rock had looked for the lost affection from the warmest of places...

"Your Majesty," she greeted, giving the curtsey designed for kings and perverted glances of old men. Her companion did the same in a quieter manner before taking their seats at the table. He scratched at the side of his face, trying to hide the bringing of a palm to it at the sound of Lady Elisa Whitmore's voice. "M'lord, don't you think the name Thaddeus is fitting for a prince?" Elisa posed, looking at him through her lashes as if she were imaging their features mashed together upon a newborn babe.

And he was frightened. He treated it as he treated everything, with due politeness, and humor. Especially humor because there was without a doubt fear etched into him by the sight of those cheeks and it helped him cope. He could not imagine another lady who struck such an unease in him through her supposed beauty. The Lady Elisa Whitmore stood before him and she honestly could use more wit, for she came with none.

"We keep our names simple in Rochford," he said. "My sister's Branch." He stumped her into silence and returned forward, but not before he caught movement of a hand. He looked up and met the gaze of the Lady Whitmore's companion, her hand over her mouth as the most beautiful sound fell from it. She laughed.

The banquet had been quite enjoyable with the Lady Lane at his side. Sort of. He had to lean over Lady Elisa to hear Morrigan's replies. That may have been the final straw for the woman--as much as he wanted to be ignorant of her attempts, he wasn't as he refused them in so many ways--and she returned home after only a month in Morden. He gave her credit though for sticking it out as long as she did, and thanks, when he became engaged to the Lady Lane. His letter and the gift of naming an entirely new city Lane for her had been well received, because she certainly came again to Tyrley Castle when he invited her.

The third morning of her stay, he decided to see her, because in his pocket was yet another present--even larger than the last. A King's pockets were deep, after all, and especially a Rochford one.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

» and for once, she was willingly someone else's.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with: King Rock

In the mirror stared back the jewel of Rochford, the words straight from the mouth of the king himself. While she was not as beautiful as any of the Whitmore sisters, she had something they didn't. Morrigan had charm and grace, a tongue sharp enough to tame great kings, and a manner of speaking that would silence entire rooms. She was intelligent, and for that, she thanked the gods. It put her in good places, and she could think of no better place than on a king's arm.

Her King's arm.

A smile bloomed across her rosy cheeks as she pinned the last of her dark curls to her head. She had never looked quite as radiant before she'd met him. She smoothed down the front of her royal purple dress and turned to scrutinize the reflection. On a last minute whim, Morrigan flipped her head upside down and shook all of the pins out. Rock liked her hair better down. With another satisfied smile, she fastened her pearl necklace--one of the many gifts from the king--onto her neck and turned out of her room to find her sweet king, who'd sent for her minutes before.He was quite possibly the only man she was ever eager to see.

She was only steps outside of her doorway when she ran into him. "Your Majesty!" Morrigan smiled and curtseyed politely, eyes still locked with his. His arms reached for her and took her hands into his own, holding them to his chest so he could properly kiss her. Her cheeks turned a vibrant pink and her blood sang in her ears, her giggle following him as he pulled away. "May I ask what brings you to me?"

It had taken her two months of courtship to decide that he was all she wanted in life. She wanted him for more than the king. Everyone in court had noticed how differently he'd acted with her, so her ladies had said. It was easy for them to say that she was the one. It dismayed her a little that she had no engagement yet, knowing so well what she desired, but she'd kept her head on and she had not given her maidenhood to him quite yet. She would only relent if they were wed.

When they were wed. She tried to be optimistic about it, painting another beautiful smile on her face. She resisted the urge to put her hands on his face, holding her hands still on his chest.

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: A Servant

She slumped at the writing desk…More terrible news…News of another death, this one much closer to home…Her nearest royal neighbor…The King of Noveria had passed. Soraya truly hoped it wasn’t a portent of what her future as queen no longer in hiding would be…Sending out condolences to the family of those she had ruled alongside of for the last eleven years…Granted they hadn‘t known about her, but she had known a bit about them, and the fact they were gone from this world before she could get to know them saddened her. Death always upset her.

She wrote a letter to the eldest daughter, the one she had been told had become Queen after her father‘s death, and sent a cutting of the flower as well. From what she heard, a dagger would have been more appropriate for the woman‘s tastes, but Soraya couldn‘t bring herself to touch a blade, more or less give one as a gift of remembrance. She had also included an invitation for the Queen to come visit if she would like. They had not met, and they were neighbors after all, they shared waters and borders of land…They should at least know what one another looked like, shouldn’t they?

“I truly hope there is no more bad news today.” She told the servant who would send her letter and the small cutting to Noveria. She didn‘t think she could handle any more bad news. She wiped her eye with the hem of her sleeve, not very queenly of her, but she didn’t wish to search out a handkerchief. It was only a few tears, it wouldn’t ruin the fabric.

“Bring me my embroidery. I need to do something. I’ll work on some sewing.” It was for one of the charities within the city. She didn’t oversee it, but she liked to take part. She sewed any number of things from clothing to blankets to quilts. She did everything she could to make sure every city had a program in place so that no one went hungry or without medical care, but there was only so much she could do. It was good that the people were willing to work to help take up the work that she couldn’t. She liked to take part in the charities she could to show her people her appreciation for their caring hearts and intention.

Questing Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image

"What would bring me to you? Perhaps that you are a guest within my castle, or perhaps this here, that beats within my chest," he said, clasping her hands to his heart. Rock moved them as he spoke, "Or another place... far lower..." Her face immediately lit up. Her cheeks flushed an even deeper shade of red. She was incredible; he was never so amazed by anyone, the mere sound of his voice, deep and low in her ear made her tremble. The simple movement of his hands on hers down his chest made her blush! He barely made it an inch before she was red, and she looked straight at him with those eyes, as her arms softened to his whim. To be lower, and lower, and have her fingers curl right into his pocket.

He grinned as she had taken a step forward with a gentle tug from him. Her features changed, to one of slight surprise, as she no doubt felt the cool band of metal, and then she froze. Perplexed, he titled his head, and felt a bit of panic seize his heart. That had not been what he was expecting. Regardless, he removed her hand from his pocket and took it gently in his. "Morrigan," he said slowly, her eyes shifting the slightest of fractions as he moved past titles. It was only a few moments, but it felt as if he took an eternity to wet his suddenly dry lips, and open his mouth to speak the question. "Will you be my wife?"

The silver ring of ruby, the one she had touched hidden away, was pulled out of his pocket. He held it up as he felt his knee bend and buckle. The King knelt before the silent Lady Lane. He could think of none better suited to be at his side nor anyone's he wanted to stand near, to caress, and lovingly embrace. "Please, say you will be my wife, and queen of Rochford."

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

» and for once, she was willingly someone else's.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with: King Rock

"Please, say you will be my wife, and queen of Rochford." Morrigan's eyes clouded with tears and her hand clamped over her mouth, her jaw hanging by her knees. She'd expected it... but she hadn't expected it. Emotion washed over her as the tears glittering on her lashes fell down her cheeks and she dropped to her knees as well, wrapping her arms around him and kissing all down his jaw to finally lift and touch her mouth to his. He wrapped an arm around her and held her close, smiling down at her. "How do you feel?" He asked, wiping away a tear.

"There are no words."

"There is one..."

"Yes!" Morrigan whispered as he slid the ring onto her finger. "A million times, yes." She sang, his hands lifting her by her waist to spin her around and kiss her again. When her feet touched the ground once more, she was giggling. "Queen Morrigan Rochford. I could get used to it." She rocked up on her toes to kiss him on the nose. All the servants that had gathered were clapping, and she could almost read their minds.

About time. Rock was nearly thirty and all he had were a few bastards. Morrigan felt like the lucky one of a million, to have found a place in his heart. She brushed her hand over his heart, thundering what she could only assume from was exhilaration. She nodded her head to the servants with a breathtaking smile, turning back to her future husband. "How do you feel, Rock?" She teased him with a click of her tongue, pretending not to notice the very doom and gloom servant waiting for their attention.

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image HIBROOKE User Image

location: Eden (Castle Allandor) company: Brookelle Allandor

"Long live the Queen," he mumbled long after the rest of them into his goblet, draining the cup dry with a suck and smack of his lips. He had not expected this day to come so soon, but he should have with the nature of the Allandors. The blond knight slammed down his fists on the table and pushed out his chair. It scrapped across the floors yet went unnoticed due to the din of the dining party. His scraps were tossed to the dogs on the exit of the hall. They barked and fought over the meager piece of meat. He had thought to retire for the night, there was no use for him to stay up well past the hour of good sleep to pretend to mourn the death of a ruler, but he became curious. Curious into the way in which young Brookelle would crown herself.

Instead, he found her trying to drown herself and conveniently on his way to his quarters. She laid down in the mud and the rain. She looked unbelievably pale as if she were lady death herself, sprawled out in the open cold and wet like that. He walked right up to her, his hair becoming as damp as hers, the droplets breaking upon his doublet. He lifted a booted foot and placed it on her stomach. Eli looked down at her, and she stared straight at him. He allowed the lightest of pressure and then built upon it to move her in the mud. She punched him in the leg and he twisted away, pulling back. "Don't touch me! I'm the queen!"

"Well, the queen is in the way," he pointed out, dropping his hands at his sides.

"You're not broken. Step over me," Brookelle ordered and he stepped on her to walk over. She grabbed his leg and yanked it out from under him. He fell and with his other, kicked out at her. "a**!" She clawed at him and punched, he fended off and grappled with her in the mud until he had her positioned below him. Her face pressed into the mud, his arm wrapped around and fingers held prisoner beneath her abdomen, her other arm twisted behind her back as he bent over. "Okay, get off!"

They both let go and parted, Eli turning and walking the way he had been going. Only, dirtier, and wetter. "'Night," he said to the young queen over his shoulder, making to head inside for a nap.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

» with fire that makes someone willing to follow her into hell itself.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with: Eli Savage

"It's seven in the morning! And don't worry, I'll pretend as if I didn't feel your morning wood." Brookelle laughed and tried to sit up, but ended falling forward in the mud again. She stood up, soaked to the bone and covered in mud. She swung a hip out to the side and watched him turn. Eli was equally as muddy as she was.

He scoffed at her and rolled his eyes. "I didn't have that a moment ago. Thanks."

"You're wel-WAIT! I WASN'T BEING SERIOUS, YOU DOG!"

"Who said I was?"

Brookelle narrowed her eyes and chuckled darkly. Okay, pretty boy. "You're right. I would have actually ******** you if I'd felt it."

"Sorry, I'm not into children." He nodded his head at her and whirled to continue on inside.

"Your d**k begs to differ!" She called after him. When he did not reply she huffed and tried again, watching his back disappear even still. "AS YOUR QUEEN I COMMAND YOU COME BACK!" The command was lost on him, and he was the only person could get away with it. "b*****d." Brookelle mumbled, turning away from him and heading back inside the opposite door. Inside, still soaking wet, she was handed a very interesting letter.

She took the rose in her hand and gave it off to a servant. "Give it to my sisters. They'll cry another day over it." Brooke rolled her eyes and folded the letter back up. "I didn't even know they had a ******** queen. Did anyone know about that?" She asked an empty hallway. "Well, we'll have to pay the invisible queen a visit." She smiled to herself and shoved the letter into her soaked pocket, returning to her chambers to bathe and change.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Current Location: Night Vale, Acaelus
Speaking With: Atlas LeCarde

The silence lingering in the room was welcomed. Kelevra had been called down to dine with his father and discuss the marriage, the murder, and the possibilities that everything presented. It had become an argument, and now they were both simply staring at each other in silence, fearful that the moment they said anything, the other would snap back a rebuttal and they would commence yelling at each other all over again.

Kelevra had been told that he would be leaving to meet his future betrothed on the morrow. Kelevra had tried to say it take more time to prepare than that, but his father had responded by telling him the servants were already packing his favorite clothes while they dined. Everything had been thought of. The horses were being prepared, a ship was already commissioned to take him to Westrock... Everything was set in motion, and Kelevra had only two choices; Play along... Or run away.

Both seemed cowardly, but only one seemed dishonorable. Kelevra stood from his seat and turned for the door. "Fine. I'll go. But if she's ugly, I'm coming straight back and you and mother can never even talk to me about marriage until I'm ready."

"Fair enough." His father said confidently as the door closed behind him. It seemed unfair that Kelevra was being so when his own uncle had only been dead for half a day. He knew he was fighting them every step of the way while his father was mourning the loss of his brother... But Kelevra was mourning too, and they were pushing him into a lifelong commitment that he wanted no part of. Everyone was being unfair.

Kelevra entered his room and slid into his bed. The sooner he slept, the sooner tomorrow would come, and the sooner he could be on his way to meet the woman he would unwillingly spend the rest of his life with.

Questing Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image

He flashed a wide smile, a breath of relief, and excitement as he picked up his queen-to-be and turned her about. Rock couldn't have had a happier day as he set her down in front of him and kept her in his arms. He laughed at the kiss on his nose. "I should hope. Wouldn't want you to get uncomfortable in your own title. It's like an annoying pair of knickers when you get one that just doesn't fit and you'll have to--I don't feel that way, that's for certain," he nodded, holding her close because he could. She smiled at the servants. He wanted to keep that smile. "I--" he began, but the man who had come bearing a message caught his attention with the annoying fidget to his hands. He rolled his eyes and dropped his arms from Morrigan's sides, but not before his hand slid along her backside.

Rock held her left hand. He led the way to his office. He had taken the message that had arrived with a raven, the look to be from Acaelus, the neighboring kingdom from the messenger and sent the servants back to their normal duties. He sat down in his chair before his desk and patted for his fiancee to join him. She climbed into his lap and put her arm over him, snuggling her head of loose curls on his shoulder.

He opened the letter to read that kingship had changed hands at the death of the old king for the new king, Atlas LeCarde. The brother. His smile fell away, the joy lightening his features drained to ash, as he stared at the ink telling of the death of the Acaelus king. He had thought he had Death conquered in his youth, when he became king, he began to fear he would do nothing worthwhile before it knocked on his door. The news of such a man's death, unexpected, and sudden, he thought of what it would be like to lose that which laid in his arms. He was glad to have asked for her hand, gladder still to have it accepted. "Way to ruin the moment, old man," he muttered. He would send his condolences and hope they would be a little more detailed with the next letter.

After, of course, they got their invitations to his wedding. If anyone could use happy news, it was Acaelus.

"Shall we write the invitations together?" he asked, changing the subject, as he reached for ink.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff