Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Current Location:
Speaking With:

"My Lord." The servant stepped into the room and curtsied. "The queen has woken and requested your presence." Eliias set aside his papers and stood to make his way out of the room. She hadn't been asleep for very long, but it had been long enough for Eliias to read through many reports and send out a few messages himself. He had yet to hear from Rune and the others, but that was to be expected. They weren't scheduled to arrive at the dig site for another few hours, so he wasn't expecting a message to come his way until at least an hour before midnight.

Eliias walked to the Queens door, knocked, and opened it just a crack to peek in. "Your Grace?" Eliias called to her as she picked books up off the floor. He stepped into the room, and was quickly followed by the court steward. "Your Grace." He said to the queen, then turned to Eliias. "Grand Secretariat... We've received a message from Hackathorn, sent by falcon." Falcons were usually reserved for sending messages of great importance to faraway places quickly.

The steward had a look of shock on his face, and Eliias already knew exactly what the letter said. "King Victor's vault was robbed. There is nothing left but records of the crown's personal debts." Eliias faked an expression of shock. "And... there's more."

Eliias' fake expression of shock became a genuine one of surprise. "What else?" He asked, knowing that nothing else had been part of the plan. "The thieves attempted to kill Victor. They failed, but he is currently in a coma, and the physicians and Maesters are unsure of what will become of him." That was not something Eliias had been expecting to hear. That was not part of the plan. His shock was now real, as was his anger.

Eliias turned to queen, giving her the opportunity to speak first.

Divine Muse

User Image

User Image
Speaking with: Vorlander Solaris

Soraya grinned slightly. “Councilman…There is a reason that it is said that Elysian economics is modest, but comfortable…” She was looking over the accounts, making note of this or that when her eyes came across it.

“We do not keep a great deal of money in the treasury. We value the people, and the money has been put towards the people in investments, goods, jobs, programs, education…We do have money in the vaults, but it is basically my allowance before the money is dispersed to where it has been allocated…However, I was thinking of storing more in the vaults for emergencies. I’ll have the architects and engineers see if there is anything that can be done to make it more secure. Our locking mechanism isn’t only keys, but a complex combination of levers and pulleys as well.”

She closed the book and listened to what he was doing. Forges…Large forges… “What do we need the surplus of blacksmiths for?” She had an uneasy feeling in her abdomen, but she wasn’t sure if it was worry, stress, or something else entirely.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

» "kissed by the moon," they whispered.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with: none

"What's going on? Where's Kelevra?" Andraste had been enjoying a rather nice breakfast when a group consisting of four guards burst into the room. She'd been a little lonelier without Kelevra, but she hadn't minded his leaving upon his mother's call. But she was suspicious (and scared) when the guards caused a scene by bursting into her own private chambers. "I demand to know what the meaning of this!"

"Many apologies for your distress, my lady. We've been ordered to place stricter protections on you. The prince was kidnapped in the gardens."

"Kelevra? And what of the Queen? She was with him."

"It was a ruse, Lady Andraste. I am very sorry."

She didn't know what to do. Andraste cleared her throat and regained her composure. "Thank you. I appreciate your concern. May I ask for a little.. ahem... privacy?" She understood their need to be posted at large windows (like her favorite balcony and doors). She retired to her own bedroom and collapsed into her bed.

Andraste Trelane didn't cry. Not when she broke a bone or fought with her father. No tears were shed at weddings or over births. But now... she was in love. It had only taken the mere thought of losing him forever to make her realize what that feeling had been, and just how strongly she cared. It was more than obvious he loved her, what with the way he acted with Thomas' arrival and the way he acted just being around her. He treated each word as if it was the last he'd ever hear, and went to great measures to spend time with her. And every time, it had been a little easier to like him.

In the beginning, she hated Kelevra. He was just another pompous suitor, with his massive ego and supermassive title, come to steal her away from her home and all she'd ever known. He was in part her defiant ploy, fit to become proof that she did as she wanted. And in the end... it had all worked out. She did want to marry him. Andraste choked back tears and clutched her pillow to her chest. She refused to pray, but she could at least hope with all her heart that he would come back home. He deserved to know how she really felt, at long last.

Distinct Reveler

6,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

User Image

Current Location: Brissol, Montarra
Currently Speaking: Eliias Crowley

She listened, her face growing more alarmed and concerned with each proclamation. She put the stack of book on the table, and fixing the top one that wobbled, threatening to fall over. "Everything? Gone?" She said softly, and when the steward nodded. "My God..." She said, looking to Eliias. "What happens to the kingdom of Hackathorn now that its King is...unable to rule?" She asked quietly, looking at him.

"Well, my brother...he was attempting to make an alliance when he..." She felt her heart leap into her throat and she looked dazed a moment, before blinking. "That plague..it is still raging through Hackathorn isn't it? We should see if we can send something to help with the plague. I don't think we'll be able to help Hackathorn fiscally, unless..."

Her eyes turned to Eliias again, looking a little panicked. This was her first test as a new Queen, and she wasn't sure how to take this. If Victor was no longer ruling, who was? Would Hackathorn be ruled by his sister, or advisers? How would it affect them? She was aware of Victor's own temperament, but, nothing of this new girl and what her ruling standards were.

"You have an idea of what to do?" She asked quietly, looking at Eliias. This was not something she was preparing for. She was gearing up for domestic affairs, as they is what her brother and father had done beforehand...and yet, now, under the scope, she felt unprepared, alone, and a child once more.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

» tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
with: King Rock, Queen Morrigan (Queen?) Verity, Astaroth, and Vaughn

So strange, for her to be called for by the king. Angeline had just figured it to be about the settlement of her divorce, or the lack thereof. She slumped along to the throne room rather boredly, fanning her face with a feather fan given to her by one of her ladies still trapped in the Hackathorn court. None of her assets had yet returned, either due to stonewalling by the king or Sarah Howe, and she had no doubts about one or the other occurring. She knew they just thought her stupid enough to let it pass.

She carried on into the throne room lazily, curtsying to the king before addressing him. "Your Ma--...jesty," Out of the corner of her eye, she came upon a sight she thought she was sure to never see again. Verity's red hair had caught her first, and she figured her death would be swift. She could never gauge Verity, but she knew enough to know she was not one to cross. "I... what is this? Am I being executed?" It was a blind assumption, but she was terrified. Why else would Vaughn be present?

Not to say that seeing him hadn't made her heart leap straight into her throat. He looked a little worse for wear, but it was still Vaughn. The very same she'd dove head first into hell for, yearned for, and cried over for... a while now. She contained her smile and instead turned the corner of her lips down. "No... no, that's not what this is, is it?" Gods, she hoped not. She was already quite ashamed to show her face in court. A public arrest and execution.. she could hardly imagine.

The queen of Rochford arrived just in time, looking as radiant as ever. It seemed she was just as curious about the arrival of the Hackathorn convoy (including a rather underdressed Verity, a castout, and an unknown), her eyebrow arching in that peculiar manner in which it usually did. "Majesty... and company. This is a surprise." Morrigan stated with a careful smile.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Speaking With: Rosalda Lawrence

"I've already set Iago Cassio to developing a cure. He is a more capable physician than most." And it helped that Iago had also created the cure. If anyone was able to cure the plague, it would be him. "In the mean time, I suggest that we upgrade the security of our own vaults. King Peter was attempting to ally Montarra with Hackathorn. Now Peter is dead and there was an attempt on Victor's life... And not long after the late Acaelan King passed...

"I find it difficult to believe that this is all mere coincidence."
And it wasn't all just a coincidence. Even if not directly, Eliias had a finger in all of it so far. He had no desire of any suspicion being cast his way. "Our main focus should be adding new measures to our own vaults, possibly even building new ones. In the mean time, Iago is working on a cure for the plague.

"But the last word is yours, My Queen. What is your will?"

Distinct Reveler

6,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

User Image

She looked at him and nodded. "When Iago has developed the cure, for I have no doubt he will," She said softly. "We will send it to Hackathorn with our regards...And then begin expanding the protection on our own vaults." She said softly, looking at Eliias. "As for an alliance, we shall have to see. The fate of Hackathorn is unsure at this point," She said softly, standing and moving over to her window, her face upturned to the sliver of the moon, arced up like a smile, like the fates had been just...laughing at their little petty affairs.

Her eyes moved to the stars, and she, for a moment, forgot about the two men there. She stared at the stars, noting that they had shifted since the last time she had actually looked at the stars. She turned back to Eliias, her eyes searching his for some sort of clue where to from this."Should we...start looking for alliances with other countries?" She asked quietly, noting that the steward was giving her an odd look, but, she did not care. "Or should we continue with Peter's efforts?"

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

"As you wish, My Queen." He turned to the steward and handed him a coin for his quick delivery of the message. "Find Iago Cassio and tell him I want personal reports on his progress in creating the cure." The steward gave him another nod and in return Eliias gave him another coin. "That will be all. Return to your duties." The man bowed and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Eliias turned back to the queen. "You've made a wise call, My Lady." Eliias picked up a book from the floor and went to the bookshelf to find a place for it. He glanced over them all, paying special attention to what kind of books the queen liked. She would no doubt be stressed, and Eliias knew the best way to relieve a person of that stress was to give them gifts that would help take their mind off their duties. "You have unique taste in books, Rosalda." It was the first time he had called her by her name since learning that she had become queen.

He turned back to look at her, and immediately sensed something was wrong. "Rose?"

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image
User Image
location: (Tyrley) Morden, Rochford company: Angeline, King Rock, Verity, Astaroth, Queen Morrigan

He was told to follow like a puppy. A very reluctant puppy at the look of the guards at the gate though they fell to staring instead of wielding swords. Vaughn wondered if he ought to tell his sister the front of her bodice was undone. Everyone kept their tongues at the look she gave them; no one dared to point it out to her. They walked into the outer courtyard, through the gates near the stables, and finally past the keep to the castle. She approached the king of Rochford on his throne in the King's Hall. He hadn't seen anyone rush in to tell him to expect the Queen Regent and her pet and brother, so he wondered why he was seated there with the expression of the utmost displeasure on his face before she even said anything. It only seemed to worsen as his sister explained the situation and asked for Angeline. It did not bode well for the adulterers, in his mind.

She entered. Her reaction made his heart sink ever lower. Yet he stayed behind Verity.

"No, it is not your execution." The King said and rose from his throne. Vaughn flinched slightly at his voice and the speed with which he descended the stairs to the throne. He closed the distance between himself and Angeline, for whatever reason, he didn't know... until he realized he had just done it to kiss his wife on her arrival. They each turned to Angeline and their small party. "The Hackathorn Kingdom has been robbed of their royal vaults. Victor Thornias suffered serious injuries, but there is a hope of recovery. Vaughn has something else to tell you, Angeline." His arm stayed around Queen Morrigan though he still had that air of annoyance around him, as if he would become enraged at the slightest of provocation. He realized he was staring blankly while they all had turned to look at him.

"Your Majesties," he began and bowed to them. Vaughn looked to Angeline then, the first time he faced her directly in the long while they had been apart. It felt that way, with his exile and the robbery and Victor's... accident. She had been frightened before the king, visibly, as he had felt inwardly in his presence. The eyes and ears of others made it difficult to speak of everything that he wanted to. He found himself looking at her with the desire to touch her face, to feel the smooth skin of her neck, and closeness of her body, but he could not bring himself to hug her in the presence of others still, least of all in Rochford.

He found his words after a quiet moment. "Lady Angeline. We shall be married, in Hackathorn, and have your estate though to pay for it will hard, as the king has said, the royal family's vaults have been emptied. Before this and everything, my brother had me disowned and exiled on rumors of an affair between us. My sister, Queen Regent Verity, has been kind enough to return to me my name and privilege. I have come to ask and to take your hand, unless..." He thought that he would hide nothing. She could choose to accept or she could refuse, simply because of the change and occurrences from before to their now, and that for certain, he wanted to see what she would do.

Vaughn took her left hand. He had placed his signet ring there before he had left Rochford, and he reached for it now. He held up her hand and held her ring finger to see, to feel and to show. "...you have changed your mind."

Distinct Reveler

6,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

User Image

As Eliias turned to steward, Rose's attention moved back to the outside window to the stars that speckled the skies, flickering in their places in black skies. The Moon, though, that upward smile, that mocking smile with held so high above her, as if reminding her that her tribulations would be mere joking material for something as cruel as fate. It was then it was really crashing down on her.

Her brother gone. She was in the place of the throne, a throne that hadn't been occupied by a woman in over seventy years, and she was in the middle of a game she didn't know a thing about. Of course, you can know all the rules, but, it wouldn't help you much when it came to this game. Would it? No. She couldn't play this game. She couldn't. She couldn't do this. She felt like a complete fool, having her first decision as Queen, and she just...faltered horribly.

Rosealda raised a shaking hand to her mouth, and as much as she tried to fight it, a sob tore from her throat, her shoulders shaking with the tears that she was trying so hard to keep back, to stay strong for everyone. She just couldn't do this anymore.

"I can't do this, Eliias. I can't do this..."

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Sailing North from Night Vale, Acaelus
Speaking With: Kelevra

Donovan looked at him for a moment and then snapped his fingers, another pawn came into the room and stood nervously. The key to the shackles. The man leaped to give his master the key and then hurried back out of the room.

Moving softly he went to the master peg and fit the key in the lock, gave more slack to the chains, and then relocked it quickly, pocketing the key as he returned to his original position. The Prince could now sit comfortably if he wished. At this point there had to be a layer of established cordial behavior, a understanding that good behavior would warrant a reward…

Your training is not just in serving and obedience. Though that is a large part of it. You will be taught poisons and antidotes, how to kill with subtly and with shadows at your back. Languages, strategy, accents, religions, and other various studies. But, the thing that will determine your place in your new school is the Arena…

The Arena was a concept that he had designed with several others in charge of this place. Slaves were assembled into teams, you slept, ate, showered, and trained with your team. In the Arena you fought with your team in various exercises that were designed by the game masters. If you won, you were given better accommodations, if you lost… there were consequences. The game master kept track of everyone’s progress, and there were rankings for individual status.

Kelevra would start out as the lowest of the low, but his Prince status would make him a target. It would be interesting to see how the boy did, most who entered his academy did not leave as the men who entered. In fact, the Academy had a trait of inspiring fanatic loyalty to him, he was God of the Academy and the Arena…

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Haven, Elysia
Speaking With: Soraya

You needn’t worry your Majesty, these are not exclusively for war production. No, blacksmithing is a useful tool because there are various tools and devices that can be made for other professions. Take for instance horses, each of them require new horse shoes. Or tools for farming, tailoring, alchemy, jewelry. These are all skills the new round of blacksmiths can take to various professions because they will be able to make what is necessary to help the market.

Although he himself focused primarily in weapons of war, forges were extremely useful in the fact that they could produce tools for almost every profession in existence. Even the priesthoods required metal workers for altars and various scales and such. It was a gold mine for Elysia, no one else had even broken into the market.

“I know you might be leery since my past and personal wealth was gained from producing arms, but believe me, there are other uses. I can personally attest to that, I worked in a forge for most of my youth.”

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

"Rose..." He took a quick stride across the room and took her face into his hands, using his thumbs to wipe the tears from her cheeks. They flowed faster than he could keep up. He pulled her into a hug and let her weep against his shoulder. This was just another thing Iago had predicted she would do, but once it was over with, she would feel much better. Her crying didn't slow, so he scooped her into his arms and set her back on the bed. "Lay down for a moment."

He crossed the room and grabbed a chair, picked a book from her shelf and returned, setting the chair beside her and taking a seat. Without looking at her, he opened the book and gave her a smile before he began. "Once Upon a Time, in the coldest reaches of northern Noveria, a young girl lived with her father and mother in a small cottage in the shadow of the woods. The girl, a beauty of twenty years, affectionately known as Snow, was loved by all in her village.

"One day, Snow wandered into the woods to pick berries at her mother's request, for it was her father's birthday, and they were to prepare his favorite dessert. While picking berries, an unnatural calm had settled over the forest, ushering in a silence that could only be described as eerie. Not a cricket could be heard chirping, and no bird could be heard singing.

"The silence filled Snow with a fright that, in her own head, was as loud as any scream. It roared in her like a lion, followed shortly by a real roar, sending all the woodland creatures scattering. Snow turned on her heel and ran, taking special care not to drop her basket. As her feet crunched the cold flakes beneath her feet, and her boots pounded against the frozen earth and rocks, she found that the noises of her own retreat were joined by the crunching and cracking of leaves and sticks behind her, growing closer and closer with each step.

"Whatever followed her, she could not run fast enough to get away, and so she stopped running, and bravely turned to stare at the creature so determined to catch her. But when she turned, she saw not a beast, but a handsome man, wounded and bleeding.

"'Gods,' Snow said, 'What happened?' Her voice thick with worry.

"'You're the only person thus far to ask for my side of the story.' The man replied, indicating that he had been wounded for some time, his own voice weary and saddened."
Eliias stopped to give Rose a look. He had read this story before, but was unsure whether or not she had ever gotten round to it. "Is this working... Do you want me to keep reading, or would you like to rest some more?"

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image sexeh User Image

With no plans to reveal The Gathering or what he had been taught, Eli returned to his quarters and changed into his old clothes. Those that he had arrived in, and the old sword and dagger he had before he began his training in the impossible were strapped to his sides. He tightened his belt and secured the laces of his boots. He went out to meet the guide who would take him beyond the mountains. He was leaving the headquarters, and vaguely wondered if it had anything to do with what Kostro mentioned. Then he remembered he didn't give ******** and he was an a*****e. One of the members of the Faceless stopped him from going out the door and they presented him with a blade. He thought it was merely a decorative piece with the way it was fashioned, unlike anything he had seen made in Noveria, especially when he pulled it from its sheath. The blade was pure white. He was told it was made to identify other members of The Gathering. Otherwise, without it, no one would be able to tell he was an ally and assume he was an enemy... he refrained from asking what if he lost it in the snows in Noveria and secured the dagger at his side along with the other one.

Kostro waited outside by his new horse. He held out a familiar looking bag to him and Eli took it. Seeing everything packed away, the generous bag of provisions and the bag of Riot Weed, he swung himself into the saddle. The thief wished him well on his journey. Eli glanced down at him before tugging on his reins to turn the horse away after the guide. He informed him that he would be with him to take him through the maze and then, he was on his own, free to go where he willed. The man he had been inducted with remained behind and he chanced a look back to see him walking inside.

"Kostro Lenore!" he called out to him. When he turned his head, Eli gave him the one finger salute on the way out.

The guide and him did not speak much. It was fine with him, he wasn't the talkative type unless he had some proper drink anyway. That was something The Gathering had lacked. At the thought of home, he was dying of thirst and would have sated his craving with Riot Weed if it weren't for the memory of Mirage ******** that Kostro had laced the last batch with. He didn't trust it and wouldn't for a while. He wasn't that desperate yet.

The confusing path through the mountains seemed to take hours compared to the eternity that they had on the way in. Supposed it was the fact of horses, and a certain dickhead wasn't dragging his feet or giving him the evil eye. ********, he was happy and sorry to leave at once for some reason.

Eli parted from the guide with a map being shoved into his hands. He was told where he was at that moment and where he could go. The guide talked a lot all of the sudden, telling him the best ways to travel at day and night. He knew he needed the advice. Valryte was unfamiliar to him and absolute hell. He still told them to shove it as he rode off though.

He avoided Sheevah. He didn't need to deal there, The Gathering had given him enough provisions to last beyond Puma Borough, yet he was headed to the Southern city to find passage by ship. As he reached the gates, however, he second-guessed his decision to look for a ship to take him to Winter Pointe in Noveria. The guardsmen were tigers.

Distinct Reveler

6,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image

User Image

She was....surprised, to say the least. The last thing Rose would have expected Eliias Crowley to start doing is reading her a story, as she read, though, her tears slowed and the sobbing did quiet a little as she listened to him read. It was an old tale, a child's tale that was used in teachings of old, to show young readers that there always was three or four sides to a story, and that running from what you don't know and what was unfamiliar to you may not always work.

After all, you can't always run and hide from your duties.

Rosalda moved closer to him as he read, though, when he stopped reading, she looked up at him, and then, nodded. "It does help. You know, the original writer of the story had meant to use it as a fable, a teaching process to place the ideas of Fercucius into the foundation of student's continuing education." She said softly, before laughing. "And you probably didn't even want to know that...I'm sorry. I've read every book in this room at least three times, and I'm still working my way through the grand library. Unfortunately, that old librarian that my father kept around gives me the evil eye whenever I'm in there, and it's very hard to focus on reading when someone is glaring at you from across the room," She said softly as she sat up, wiping away at her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Eliias. It just, all of this...It terrifies me. This is one game I have no idea what I'm doing. You can memorize the rules and laws all you want, but, it will only help you a fraction of the way, especially since those rules are constantly changing," She said, her voice going very quiet as he gaze dropped to her hands which had fallen to rest in her lap. She looked up at him. "Though, you do make a very good storyteller," She said softly, looking at him with a smile, before settling back down again, resting her head on his shoulder, very slightly. "I wouldn't object to hearing the rest of the story...though," She said softly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff