1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Conservative Millionaire

6,775 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image

User Image User Image
White. The color of purity, free of taint, free of imperfections, wholly innocent.

Mere weeks ago, the land was blood red and ravaged by war.

In the land of Orea, it is a brave new world.

The perils of Empire in the north of Orea have left the tribes to the south of Orea to begin to band together and form confederacies.

Pretenders to the throne operate within the shadow of the White.

Whispers of a dangerous theory called "democracy" are uttered by those who would egg on mob violence.

You are a person of import. A person of status. Perhaps you wish to return to the old ways? Or you wish to see only yourself at the top?

There are many questions only for you within this world and the next.

Will you keep this world white? Or will you dye it a striking, crimson red?

The Empire of White

White-List
A list of players who have significantly contributed to the betterment of the RP.
Aoife of Erin for being the Patron Saint of RP'ers everywhere

Black-List
A list of players who just couldn't not break the rules. They are no longer in the game.

Conservative Millionaire

6,775 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image

Rules:

[1] Do not godmod. Ever. Even I shouldn't godmod, and if you feel that I, or anyone else, have godmodded and significantly jipped you, PM me and we can work it out.

[2] Never, under any circumstance should you auto-hit. Putting a blade to someone's throat counts as auto-hitting.

[3] I am the master of this RP and I say what goes and what does not. By submitting a profile, you acknowledge this.

[4] Title your character profiles "Army of White" in the subject section of your PM.

[5] Don't be hateful to any of your other players. We all want to have a good time and diversity will only serve to make the experience better, I promise you.

[6] If you violate any of these rules enough to the point where you are a problem, you will be asked to leave the RP and will be black-listed.

[7] You do not want to be black-listed.

[8] Conversely, if you help out with the RP by contributing help, art, whatever, you will be white-listed, and your contributions will proudly be displayed on the front page for all to see.

[8.5] While not exactly a rule for you to follow, I'm not perfect, and I may have to add more rules to this post. Don't say I didn't warn you!

[9] Every couple of pages, either ten or five, it depends on what is going on, I will post a warning that an update to the RP is coming and will PM all active players. They will respond to this PM, and then I will construct the update, and play will continue as usual.

[10] Have FUN! This RP doesn't really have just one genre. If you want to play a complex political drama, do it! If you want to play a tragic romance story, do it! If you want to play a political comedy romance... figure out how to do it, then do it, you silly punk!

Conservative Millionaire

6,775 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image

Character Creation:
(wherein I lay down some ground rules)

[1] When playing a Noble, you are free to simply describe your castle(s) and the towns surrounding them.

[1.5] Barons own one castle only with a village or two as vassals, Dukes have two or three Barons as vassals, and can have a castle of their own, but not always. Kings have two or three Dukes under them, and almost always have their own castle or city.

[1.8] The land of Orea is an egalitarian place, and the crown laws allow women to own land, lead troops, and fight in battle just as men may. Although it may turn a close-minded head or two, women are generally seen on the battlefield.

[2] When playing a Duke or King, you must describe the titles that serve as your vassals so that other players looking to play in already existing roles can use them. I will be keeping a page here dedicated to maintaining unfilled, existing titles.

[3] Do make up your own titles if you want! That's not just okay, but encouraged!

[4] For simplicity's sake, only have one title. You can not have 3 baronies, 5 duchies, and 12 kingdoms. One barony/duchy/kingdom per character, at least at inception.

[5] All humanoid races are welcome! Just do not play something obviously over-powered like a god or powerful demon. We like to play on equal footing here.

[5.5] Due to the unexpected popularity of Demons, I will have to request that less Demon profiles are submitted. Thank you.

[6] If your race confers any special powers or disabilities, list them.

[7] Don't be afraid to think outside of the box! If you have a light-bulb idea for an awesome character you want to play, don't even ask, send me the profile!

[8] If you want extra information on the setting and characters, visit the profiles thread below!

[9] Be creative and have fun!

Character Skeleton:

[color= character's favorite color here]
Profile Name:
Character Name:
Race:
Powers: [Include any powers in this]
Disabilities: [List any flaws your character has in this]
Status: [Peasant, Merchant, Soldier, Noble, General, King, Etc.]
Personality:
War Alliance: [Goldshapers, The Hollow Well Alliance, Mercenary, Citizen, Etc.]
Appearance:
Bio:
------------------------Nobles and Kings Only------------------------
Title: [Official title, example: Baron of Thescorre, Duke of Burgandy, King of Leon]
Description of Estate: [Describe your castle or kingdom]
------------------------Situational------------------------
Troops: [These are troops entirely loyal to your character. You can have more than the standard amount of troops (see below), but this will have to be cleared with me, but if you can logically explain it to me, you should be good. A standard Barony should have 250, Duchy - 500, King - 750, Mercenary Band - 100-350][/color]

Conservative Millionaire

6,775 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image

The Story So Far:

The land of Orea is a continent consisting of two halves. To the north of Orea is a land of abundance, forests, temperate and varying climate, bread baskets, and civilization. To the southern limits of Orea is scarcity, snowed-in summers, hibernating men and bugbears alike, and the richest iron mines in the realm, available only to those who would dare to hazard the wastes. They lay relatively untouched to this day. The marker that most cartographers use when classifying North and South Orea is the range of mountains that bisect the continent, leaving only awkward and narrow passes through them.

Northern Orea has recently been united into the Empire of the White, however, behind this is a tragic, if not simple, story. The kingdoms of Orea have been warring with each other since the creation of stone-axes (a long time). Through a series of trade-laws, intrigue, and general plotting, very few of the kingdoms were sharing in wealth and surplus. These kingdoms were called the Goldshapers. After a while, the Goldshaper kingdoms started to reach into other kingdom's supplies, taking food from their subsistence farmers with gold, forcing some villages to starve, enraging the kingdoms that were supposed to provide for the starving villages. The most notable instance of a Goldshaper kingdom was when a Duke had purchased an entire village's supply of water to, as legend has it, use in a castle's fountain to entertain guests. The non-Goldshaper villages had bound together under the moniker of The Hollow Well Alliance. Fearing military resistance to what they had seen as reasonable business practices, the Goldshaper kingdoms had also formed a military alliance, promising to step in and assist one another should they go to war. Tensions lasted only a few years before a mob of Hollow Well villagers looted and burned a Goldshaper village out of hunger and the despair that brings. When the kingdom demanded monetary compensation for the raid, the Hollow Well Alliance refused to pay for a situation the Goldshapers had created. The diplomatic insult thrust Northern Orea into the 49 year-long Grand War.

Map of Orea:

User Image

Conservative Millionaire

6,775 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

Conservative Millionaire

6,775 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
User Image

Recent Happenings:
User Image
By decree of Simon Azazel, 1st Emperor of the White, all kings, nobles, barons, soldiers of distinction, and citizens of notable honor have been assembled in the keep of the Empire's Capital City, Elysium, for a grand feast. Simon Azazel has called the feast in an effort to both congratulate those who performed and fought in the war, and to ease frictions against long-time enemies. Musicians from many cities around have been hired as merriment for the party, and even the streets of Elysium are alive with music and merriment. Emperor Azazel has hardly been seen at all, however. Rumor has it that Azazel is drafting the new government. Other rumors claim that the Emperor is spending intimate time with lovers of varying scandal and improbability.

Who's Where: Everyone's in Elysium
User Image

Conservative Millionaire

6,775 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

Conservative Millionaire

6,775 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200