Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Hunter

7,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
Kriuvin, Dragon of the Ice

Far too concentrated on his own battle to notice what was going on below, Kriuvin watched as his attack parted around the Light dragon, its force deflected by some sort of barrier. Irritated, he closed his jaws and readied his claws for a physical attack, only to look forward and no longer find the Light dragon in front of him. Looking down, he saw that the dragon had executed a sharp nosedive to evade him and fired a poorly aimed blast of light magic as it settled back into a stable flying position. Kriuvin easily dodged the attack, strafing slightly to the right so that it flew past him, and faced his opponent once again, calculating his next move.

There was something else, however. As he observed the Light dragon, he began to notice subtle differences between their two body shapes- not just in color, scale, or general form, which were obviously different, but in other regards as well. The other dragon's body was noticeably thinner and fairer than his was, and its scent, which Kriuvin could now judge far more easily, was different in nature than his. He had not been able to tell before, but now Kriuvin knew; this dragon was female. Hm.

It was an interesting bit of information, but not something that affected the current battle. Regardless of gender, she was still his foe. Knowing now that the Light dragon would be able to generate barriers to deflect his magical attacks, Kriuvin instead settled for a more physical attack. Forming an icy mist about him once again, he hardened the ice-dense air into a series of gigantic, sharp icicles which hovered in the air, pointing directly at the other dragon. Then, without warning, they shot towards her, aiming to impale her through several points in her body.

Mewlicious Paladin

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image Amathal gasped when she saw her arrow destroyed by a ball of fire. Her eyes quickly looked around for the source of the fire, and then her eyes fell on a small girl. Well, it was a girl with a tail. She was glaring at Amathal, but Amathal had a completely different reaction than one would expect...

She thought the creature was adorable! She couldn't understand dragon language, so she didn't know that the dragon girl had just threatened her. Her elven instincts for loving creatures overtook her. She spoke elvish out to the girl. She didn't know if the dragon girl would understand her or not. Most animals could understand her elvish, but dragons were different. They weren't typical forest creatures.

"Hello, little one! You're cute. What's your name? I'm Amathal. It's okay. You don't need to be scared or defensive. You're safe. It's alright."

niegeno

Majestic Sugar's Girlfriend

Loyal Gatekeeper

8,525 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Anise

Anise was tugged back just before she got out of Angel's range. She spun towards him full of annoyance and venom for his actions, still she listened before watching Amathal take off. "Believe me when I say I'd be glad to leave any man where he is, but he's your best chance at a quick escape. I'm doing this for Amathal, not you or that scaly hide excuse for an overgrown lizard." she said tersely as she struggled to get out of his grip. "Besides, you guys are heading the opposite way from me. I'm only helping because you and Amathal aren't in a condition to be trying to run from these people or to fight them. I can't leave Penelope to fight off everything while that flying gecko is on a rampage, she doesn't deserve to deal with that much of a pain in the side!" Anise stopped struggling for a bit and became quiet. "...I might be a dragon, who knows? I won't know by sitting around, the option we have to run away isn't looking good." she looked up at Penelope. "What do you think we should do Penelope? With Kiurvin and Amathal heading into gods know what that leaves us and a still injured Angel. I wouldn't dream of trying to help him heal here and it won't go well doing it on the run. Right now you might have the best idea of what else is out there waiting for us."

OOC:
kishune
niegeno

tityanya's Waifu

Springtime Star

Eretico
User Image
Emlyn Odryna
He's not a madman, he's a king! And he's earned my loyalty.

I am here: flying above the treetops in dragon form
I am with: older ice dragon
I feel: He drew blood, but so will I

Emlyn glanced to Kishune, watching from the trees, and Tiona, engaging the elf from the alley a while ago, for a brief moment while righting herself before returning her attention to the fight. Kruivin was in the process of dodging her attack, something he did with ease, when she did this. He was soon making a fog cloud again. Emlyn really wasn't quite sure why. It hadn't exactly worked to his benefit last time. She began flying away from it though, knowing he had to be up to something. Soon giant icicles were flying towards her. She managed to dodge or break most of them, though she ended up with a few cuts. Nothing major, and she was a healer anyways. The minor cuts closed quickly, though cut that could be described as moderate was taking a bit longer, not having her full attention, as the scales around the area of the wounds glowed with a holy light, warm and inviting instead of the harsh judgement she'd been firing at the ice dragon. Despite mattering little, this did mean that the older dragon had drawn blood first in the fight. How Tiona or Kishune would react, she had no idea. She wouldn't concern herself with hoping for support though. She'd take of this herself. She opened her mouth and attacked with the split beams again, this time making sure they'd find him. If they lost sight of him, they'd go to the last place that she knew he'd been, instead of going out of control. She'd actually never encountered that problem before, and never gave it a thought when using the spell. This new addition would be her standard from now on. And since she wouldn't be surprised if he found some way to dodge, in the case of them missing, they'd all converge on a single point, and explode in a holy blast of harmful energy. He'd likely be unable to fly away fast enough to escape the explosion, and there was no reason for him to try to block an attack he'd had no trouble dodging last time.

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image
Outfit: Light ore bracelet, stretched around arm

((Out Of Cake?!: Woo, made her dragon pic all cropped and bordered and cool. Time for a fight :3))

Fallen Demigod

13,215 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Winter Warrior 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
<><><>Kishune/Rusine<><><>
"I AM NOT A DISGRACE!!!"

Kishune continued to think as he watched the dragon fight. He was thinking on how to get them to believe him. His ear then twitched when he heard Michael call out to him. He ignored it for a second as he watched the fight between Emlyn and the other dragon. He then heard Mizuki say she didn’t trust him. He sighed then say an icy mist form around the water dragon, again. He shook his head thinking he was going to hide again, but was surprised that it actually formed sharp ice icicles. “Wow, he’s not much of a coward as I thought he was…” He said with a sly smirk. He watched as the icicles launched to Emlyn. He figured she could dodge it, but when she didn’t, he just face palmed himself. He looked up at her as she healed. He was a little disappointed. He shook his head as she started to heal herself. When she launched her next attack he just jumped down to Michael and Mizuki.

Kishune jumped straight from the top of the tree to the ground by both Michael and Mizuki. He landed with no problem and looked at them as if nothing happened. “Sorry about ignoring you, but there’s a fight between two dragons fighting off in the distance…” He told them. “One’s one the people I’m with for this job.” He said then looked to Mizuki. “And just so you know, I could hear every word you said, and I don’t care if you trust me; all I care about is finishing this job and getting paid.” He said to her then looked up in the direction of the fight then back to them. “And just so you know, the generals weren’t too pleased with my refusal…” he said as he stared at Mizuki with a dull stare. “They sent men after me, still are, but I get rid of them. Oh and it only treason if you are a part of whatever you’re about to emit a crime to…I’m from a different part of the world.” He said with a unpleasant look on his face. “If you want to know why I refuse the generals of the king, it’s cause they destroyed my clan years ago.” He told her. “And before you go off thinking why I’m taking a job that goes against the king, is to get revenge for my clan, it’s not; I’m taking it to try and get these hunters off my back…” He told her. He was only half way telling the truth. His clan was destroyed, but it was him who destroyed his clan and he technically was from a different part of the world; The Kitsune race originated in Japan.

((Edited...I really liked my previous version T^T I had abit of the missing action from Kishune...-sigh- oh well))

Eretico

Mewlicious Paladin

sakurafighter1920

LeonGlory

Enduring Hunter

7,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

As he watched the Light dragon demonstrate yet another potent defensive ability- healing magic- Kriuvin reminded himself with annoyance that even if the dragon's motives didn't correspond to her element, her powers still did, giving her access to any of the magics which Light offered. Therefore, it would be hard to deal significant damage to her, not just because she could retaliate, but because she could block or regenerate any damage done to her. He would either have to deal a significant amount of damage to overwhelm her abilities, or else drive her back enough to show that he was the stronger of them. Neither possibility would be easy to pull of. Kriuvin doubted that her resolve was much weaker than her powers.

When she attacked him with the multiple holy beams again, Kriuvin's first instinct was to repeat his previous strategy, but almost immediately he became suspicious and reconsidered. The Light dragon, from what he had observed, was neither dumb nor slow on the draw. She would know that he could repel the beams in the same way as he had done earlier if she tried the same attack. Nor would it be effective to try to hammer him down by repeating the same attack. This had to be a trap of some sort, or at least a variant of the original attack. Either way, Kriuvin wasn't going to risk it.

Opening his mouth, as the beams of light flew towards him, he fired his own series of ice beams at the Light dragon, once again causing the beams to collide and cancel each other out. The attacks were less powerful this time around, and the resulting flashes of light were less intense, being merely bright instead of blinding. Once all the beams had been neutralized, Kriuvin closed his jaws again and stared across at the Light dragon, his eyes narrowed and sharp.

[["This poses little challenge for me, Light wyrm...."]] he said flatly in draconic, [["And for all your attacks which I have avoided....I know little about you."]]

Mewlicious Paladin

tityanya's Waifu

Springtime Star

User Image
Emlyn Odryna

I am here: Flying above tree tops
I feel: Why does he want to talk?

Alright, so she supposed that it might not have been the most stealthy thing in the world, trying to fit the square block in the round hole again, and hoping that he hadn't suspected her filing down the edges so it would fit. She squinted a bit when the flashes resulted again, though it wasn't blinding like last time. She was about ready to dodge or attack again when he opened his mouth, but instead of deadly ice magic, he spoke to her. She glanced down to the forest below. It appeared that out of the three, she was the only one fighting so far. She could spare a moment to talk while her cut healed. She was able to apply more focus to it since they were talking. It wasn't like either of them were going to kill the other any time soon. Not feeling the need to be polite to this dragon who opposed the king, she replied in Draconic with a tone she probably wouldn't even take up with Kishune, [["Little challenge? You're having a tough time doing any real damage. You've got me once, and it's already healed. Don't try to deny that I'm not a worthy opponent."]] Aside from just dismissing the fact the challenge she was posing, he also wanted to get to know more about her. [["Why? All we need to know is that we're enemies. You oppose the king, and I serve him."]] Well, she was pretty sure he opposed the king. There had been those frozen beasts belonging to king down below, which was unlikely to have been anyone else. She was still very wary of him, and hadn't let her guard down at all

Outfit:

((Out Of Cake?!: Light ore bracelet, stretched around arm))

Sparkly Lunatic

User Image
Tiona Sparks
Dragon child

Tiona stood ready growling furiously as she heard approaching footsteps until the Elf girl walked into the opening. The little dragon was ready to attack, but her blazing anger immediately sunk down, blown out like a candle in the wind the moment her blackened eyes that slowly faded back to crimson lock with the elf girl’s gaze. The girl’s demeanor confused Tiona. She sensed no anger or blood lust from the girl; she appeared innocent and kind, those were nowhere near the qualification for a ‘bad guy’. The little dragon gave the elf a bewildered look as she planted her bottom onto the ground. She looked at the girl’s clothing; she smiled at the yellow color of her outfit as it reminded her of banana cream cake one of the chefs at the castle would occasionally sneak to her for a midnight snack if she behaved well. She lightly giggled at the girl’s white bow as it reminded her of the fluffy white cream he would spoon onto the top of each delicious slice. Now Tiona was starting to see Amathal as a floating slice of banana cake that she couldn't help but drool over;[[ I wouldn't have to even cook her! She already looks ready to eat.]] Tiona joked in her mind, though she was starting to feel hungry again when her stomach interrupted her thoughts with a hungry growl. Her childlike innocence was beginning to resurface, “Gao?” The little dragon mumbled as small puffs of purple smoke escaped her lips.

Remaining cautious with her guard up, she flinched as the elf spoke to her, she hardly knew the elf language. She recalled the memories she had of the Alchemists that raised her. They were very fluent in the language, and like how the King is currently trying to teach the little dragon English, the Alchemists in the past all worked hard to teach her Elvish. Unfortunately, not much stuck with the little dragon, she could recognize a few of her words but Tiona was not able to reply back in the girl’s language. Tiona slowly nodded her head when the girl introduced herself as Amathal. Her ears were still tracking the fight that was going on up in the sky. Tiona briefly glanced at the weapon behind the girl’s back when she told Tiona not to be afraid and that she was safe. She growled briefly as she recalled the arrow that was fired, but she could not help but believe her words. She spoke in a gentle tone that reminded her of the King. She loved the kind King like a father. As though there was a magic spell in her soothing words the little dragon began to relax. Tiona slowly rose to her feet, placing one hand on her chest as her ferocious claws morphed back into delicate looking child fingers, “N-name…Tiona” Tiona introduced herself, softly wagging her tail as she managed a big cheerful smile. Tiona’s innocent, childlike mentality was overpowering the angry dragoness’ influence. Tiona liked kind people, but she did not know if it was alright to fully trust Amathal. Tiona had nearly forgotten all of her angry until…

The little dragon suddenly paused, her nose caught on to the scent of Emlyn’s blood, her smile immediately vanished from her face, and she stood as stiff as a stone statue. The dragoness within grinned, using the opportunity to pollute Tiona’s mind with her anger once again. Tiona’s hand first began to move, tightly gripping her coat, squeezing one of the strange buttons as her anger began to slowly rise along with her body heat. The darkness quickly flooded back into her eyes. The plants at her feet to wilt away to the heat that emanated from her small body. The thought of Emlyn be hurt infuriated the little dragon, she knew Emlyn had great healing abilities but she could not help but think back on the dead tigers, and the very thought that someone hurting her friend ignited a blazing fire within her heart. Crimson slits torn through the center of the black iris, staring at the Elf with a bloodthirsty gaze; [[This elf, she tried to hurt my friend too, hurt…Hurt, yes. I will make her hurt too!]] Tiona thought to herself in a darkened tone, though most of the thought was influenced by the Dragoness that grinned happily within her cage; [[Will I get my freedom today?]] She asked with excitement. The plate on Tiona’s back could feel the Dragoness’ intentions, but it could not prevent Tiona from taking dragon form if she wished. The King’s orders were still in effect, so the plate focused on tightening its restrains on the Dragoness’ prison. Tiona growled, the plate still struck her with pain as well and that only fed the fire of anger.

She quickly dropped down onto all fours, whipping her tail against the ground, leaving a thick gash in the earth as she let out her mighty hatchling roar, “HOGERORO!!!!” She leaped up off the ground exhaling a massive cloud of neon blue fire, the same color as her hair at the Amathal. The fire jettisoned her body up higher onto a high tree branch; she narrowed her gaze, allowing the blue sparks of her flames to set fire to the trees around them. More dragon scales surfaced to her skin as she allowed her right hand to not only morph into dragon claw but to the size they’d be if she were fully transformed that were almost as large as her entire body and larger than both of the dragons' claws that were battling in the sky. Tiona wielded great dragon strength to move the dragon limb in her current form as she raised it up holding it up in front of her, her speed would not be as sharp though. She did not know how elves fought but she prepared herself by giving strength to the fires, raising the heat till it was nearly unbearable for normal creatures. She loved this heat.

User Image
----------------------------------------------

(( Anything in [] is dragon language, the bracts are around her thoughts because she uses that language for her thoughts too. ))
((Also... xD FLOATING CAKE~ ))

---------------------------------------------------------------------

kishune

Mewlicious Paladin

Cuwen

Enduring Hunter

7,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200

Kriuvin was unfazed by the Light dragon's response, and proceeded to formulate his rebuttal regardless of the dismissive tone of her words. She was obviously still very mistrustful of him, as he was of her, but the fact that she had actually responded vocally instead of mustering another attack was a good sign. His rage had calmed down somewhat through the fury of battle, enough for him to manage conversation, and his usual desire to gain knowledge about things which interested had come back. He wanted to know about this Light dragon who for some reason served the mad king, and perhaps something about the other dragon, yet unseen, who apparently also served the king. Afterwards, their battle would probably just resume, or they would simply go their opposite ways again, and the conflict would resume another day. He did not aim to try to convert this Light dragon against her king. Something told him that no amount of convincing would achieve that goal.

[["Yes, I injured you once....and you have had difficulty avoiding all of my other direct attacks,"]] Kriuvin responded, [["While none of your attacks have even scratched my scales....or come close, for that matter."]] Kriuvin could have continued mocking the other dragon, but that would serve no purpose than to anger her and cause the fight to resume sooner. [["You are the first dragon I have fought in a very long time, and you are not weak....that makes this duel enjoyable...but as of yet, it is not truly a challenge, but perhaps that will change."]] Kriuvin paused for a moment, then continued, addressing her second statement;

[["If your perception of friend and enemy was really so shallow, I doubt you would have allied with the king in the first place....it would require exceptional circumstances, and a very open mind, in order to deviate from the nature of your element in such a way...whether or not you view your king as justified in his actions or not, I doubt there are many other Light elementals who serve him."]] Kriuvin let out a snort of icy wind from his nostrils. [["Furthermore, if you really saw so little need to honor my request...then you most likely would have continued your attacks heedless....instead of conversing as we are doing now."]]

[["So if that has been solidly established...I would know your name, young Light dragon."]]

Mewlicious Paladin

tityanya's Waifu

Springtime Star

Eretico
User Image
Emlyn Odryna

I am here: flying above the treetops in dragon form
I feel: Tiona is fighting. Cut the chitchat, or I'll do it myself.

Emlyn rolled her eyes. Was this guy seriously arguing the fact? Not that she was any better but at least she was correct! "[[Had difficulty avoiding? Does it look to you that that dodging is a requirement for me?"]] By now, her moderate cut had been healed for a bit, and her barriers were fresh on the mind with her comment. [["But instead of fighting about that, tell me what you want. My friends are in danger and the only reason I'm entertaining you is because we were having something of a draw. A waste of time either way."]] And what he wanted was to mock her choices and speak poorly of the king. She snarled a bit as she replied, [["I don't agree with all of his methods, but he'll bring more good to this land than you people ever will. You're too afraid of change to see that though. By fighting him you're only making him need to get more violent. He's not a good man, but I have yet to meet anyone better. And really, can you tell me what fits holy magic better than a bloody crusade?"]] Next, this dragon wanted to know her name. She was tempted to refuse, but he didn't seem to want to know for purposes of gathering information on his opponents, and there were very few light elementals who served the king, so if it was of any real importance to him, he could make inquiries easily and find out exactly who she was. He'd probably be intelligent enough to figure out that the angel that he got as an answer every time he asked was actually her. [["I am Emlyn Odryna. You may have heard of the 'Madman's Evil Angel'."]] Though she'd never heard her little nickname in anything other than English, she provided the most accurate Draconic translation she could, even choosing a word for "madman" that had a negative connotation, rather than a more neutral one. [["I hope you're not too proud to tell me your name in return."]]

Emlyn glanced over at the sound of Tiona roaring, and the smell of smoke. She wanted to go help, but she doubted the ice dragon would let her go. Her tone dangerous, she spoke her next words like a warning. [["My friend is fighting someone who I presume to be yours. If you still think of me as a foe, I suggest we return to fighting. I'll not idly chat while she is in danger."]] Emlyn was now glowing gold, a harsh, unwelcome holy aura enveloping her, betraying her anger and worry, but also her will to fight and protect. It was pure judgement, with no chance to repent. If the ice dragon didn't say anything worth her while soon, the fight would be back on, and Emlyn wouldn't back down or give him another chance to talk.

((Out Of Cake?!: ))

Questionable Inquisitor

7,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image Amathal didn't know how the young dragon girl would respond to her words, but thankfully she saw the girl's demeanor start to shift. Her eyes seemed to lose their anger, her posture relaxed slightly, and she looked at Amathal with curiosity, not hostility.

When the little dragon girl made an odd but cute sound, Amathal grinned and nodded encouragingly to her. She still spoke in elvish, thinking that the creature understood her since she was relaxing. "Yes, that's a good girl! Magnificent! You are so cute, yes you are!"

And when the girl spoke, albeit in English, and introduced herself, Amathal gasped and then grinned even bigger. She tried her best to respond in English.

"Yes!... Good. My name... Amathal."

If anyone had been looking on at the scene, they would probably find it quite ridiculous how there was a massive dragon fight going on in the sky (well, there had been before they had seemed to stop in the air momentarily) and Amathal was just casually and happily communicating with another creature on the ground like nothing was wrong. But the girl was so adorable, and she was a dragon! Well, she was part dragon. Amathal just wanted to scoop her up and...

But something horrible began to happen. For some reason, Tiona's demeanor began to change again. The anger had returned and she was looking at Amathal as if she wanted to destroy her. What had happened?! Everything had been going so well!

Then, Tiona began to transform into this half person, half dragon creation with a large claw. And she let out a huge roar that knocked Amathal off her feet and onto the ground. Elves were usually quite graceful, but that loud and powerful roar would have knocked anyone off of their feet.

Amathal was left gawking at Tiona in shock and confusion. But that didn't last for long. Soon, Tiona let out a long blue flame and it ignited the trees around her and beside Amathal. Amathal cried out and quickly shielded her face with her arm from the sudden heat. She tried to look around it for Tiona but could only barely make out a shape. Her eyes were watering from the heat and the flames and smoke mostly blocked her view of Tiona.

Amathal knew she should probably attack the girl now, but she just couldn't. She was a little girl! Well, her claw wasn't so little now, but she was still just a little girl. Amathal couldn't attack a little girl! She probably didn't know any better and was scared.

Amathal coughed and then tried her best to call out to Tiona in English. "Tiona... No! Stop... Hurt... I... not... hurt... you... Must... stop fire!"

niegeno

Sparkly Lunatic

~~~~~~Penelope Dovark~~~~~~
The Pathfinder

User Image

Penelope arched her back forward as she listened to more people storm off towards battle. She was half disappointed and yet half expecting this would, “As theck as champs, de whole lot av yer. Tripe!” Penelope mumbled s few swear words in Gealic under her breath. She listened to the wild winds rattle the leaves and branches in the trees around them. The blind woman could hear the pained voices of the forest cry out and the evil entities that gathered cheering loudly with strong bloodlust. All these sounds were entangled with the thunderous sounds of the two dragons fighting. She straightened her back once she got all the annoyed steam out of her lungs. She gently pressed the palm of her hand against the center of her face until the tip of her nose and her hand touched. Her fingertips lightly tapped against her forehead as she worried about the struggles this group will face. After the death of the old leader and nearly half of the members of their group, the order quickly crumbled. Then again, there was never really any order in the group. There was always bickering, lying, and fooling around. Pathfinders only preferred order. Hopefully when they finally escape from this chaos there will be some order. Penelope quietly thought about the members of the group that died, it saddened her greatly. She was too far off in thoughts to hear Angel yelling again, she could feel the vibrations of his voice soak through her shoulder. She could also feel the blue bottle on her belt swinging like a pendulum. The bottle never stopped swinging and would swing at only one speed. She slowly regained composure as she quietly counted along the swinging tempo of the bottle, peace slowly flooded into her mind. Penelope began to slowly fade out of her meditative state as she felt Anise movements through the earth, listening as her voice grew closer and louder while responding to Angel’s remark. Penelope lowered her hand from her face when Anise turned her attention towards her, asking her what they should do next. That was a good question.

Penelope slowly directed her head towards the dragons’ battle; she used her ears to guide her as she stood in silence for a moment. Her eyelids twitched briefly before opening wide, revealing her unsightly secret. The embedded in the left eye socket a large Sapphire and in the right a large Garnet jewel. The jewels glistened in the light, reflecting specs of red and blue light on nearby objects. Through her jewel gaze she could see a world of darkness filled with multi colored glowing runes on all the surfaces around her, whether they were living or dead. Her gaze could see the flow of energy or forms of strange creatures that are unseen to even the most gifted eyes. She made sure that the others could not get a good glance at her jewel gaze. She was not ashamed of them; she was trying to protect the others from being corrupted from the evil enchantment the jewels possessed. If people were to stare at her eyes, no matter how pure they were the jewels will corrupt them with evil and greed. She had been attacked many times for being too careless. The jewels moved like normal eyes, though it was impossible to know what she was looking at since she had no pupils. She watched the flow of energy that surged through the two dragon’s bodies while they manipulated the elements they were gifted with. The fight looked as though it would take a while before a victor would be decided. Penelope turned her head in the direction Amathal stormed off in, watching a fire elemental exert a massive amount of energy. She lightly frowned, as she could also sense that there was another enemy and two strangers nearby. Penelope did not want to wait around for Kriuvin’s fight to end. She softly sighed as she felt the wind carry the heat of the fire to her face.

She quickly closed her eyes, hoping the others were not affected by the jewels evil. She cleared her throat with a small cough before she spoke, “Well , there’s another enemy near us but 'e’s distracted . oi believe it’s de seem shadow elemental nuisance that’s been tailin' our groop , proobably sittin' raun wi' 'is thumbs up 'is arse roi nigh. ” Penelope sneered as she placed her hand on the grey bottle on her bed, “If we stay raun 'ere any longer yer man might reef us- it seems amathal may 'av gotten 'erself in a 'ot situashun. …” Penelope sighed, feeling frustrated by the whole situation. A battle was bound to happen, and they had the enemy outnumbered too. This was a rare opportunity, though it still felt unnatural to the Pathfinder. It seemed like something else was going to happen at any moment that would take that advantage away. Penelope lowered her head for a moment, she pondered; searching for a plan. She raised her head again with an expression that told the others she had an idea, “We can still git oyt av 'ere, we’ll jist 'av ter force our way oyt if necessary. Kriuvin seems ter be 'oldin' 'is own fairly well an' 'e’s distractin' de enemy. we shud nab amathal an' leave while de enemy is distracted. if oi tink it’s possable, i’ll stay behind an' try ter pull kriuvin oyt av de battle while al' av yer an' de others escape de forest…”Penelope spoke in a stern voice.

Just before doubt would sink in their minds, she pinched the cork off the bottle, unsealing the bottle. An ash mist flew out of the mouth of the bottle. The ashes swirled through the air, gathering into the form of a monstrously large Frisian standing up high on its back legs as if it was ready to stomp down on someone. She twisted the cork back onto the bottle and the horse’s head jerked back, shattering his ash shell before stomping his massive front hooves onto the ground. The ashes showered off his body, revealing his beautiful raven black fur beneath. His body was ripped with huge muscles and held his head high and without fear. He was much larger than a normal horse, it would be unwise to mistake this monster for a normal animal, and it may be the last foolish mistake anyone ever made. The horse is a Kelpie and they are well known for being vicious man eaters that eat everything but the liver. The horse folded his ears back as he glanced over to the strangers, his lips raised to reveal monstrously sharp and jiggered teeth. He was the same horse that dragged Penelope to safety the night Springheaven was attacked. She calmly stepped closer to the creature, his threatening demeanor changed quickly as he looked upon a familiar face. The horse extended his head towards her, lightly tickling her nose with the whiskers on his chin and licked her right between the eyes, “Ugh, enoof av dat!” She frowned, pushing his head away and wiped the slobber off her face. She mumbled words in her native tongue to the horse as she pointed to Angel. The horse gave Angel another glance then stomped his massive hoof down onto the ground in objection. He tried to bite Angel in the leg with his razor sharp teeth. The blind woman instinctively whipped her hand forward, pinching his sensitive nose very hard as he let out a startled whiney. She held her firm grip on his nose as he tried to withdraw. Penelope slowly pulled the beast’s head closer to her face, opening her eyelids enough for the horse to see her jewel gaze but not the others and mumbled something in her native tongue in a threatening tone. The horse nodded his head and Penelope released his nose with a smile.

Penelope turned her head away with a sigh, “Dis is me childhud mucker, Oisin. 'e’s a Kelpie. They’re fast in water an' on lan'.” Penelope said as she casually walked beside the beast and tossed angel up onto the creatures long and wide back. Oisin still seemed unhappy about Angel being on his back, though he glanced over to Anise, examining her quietly. He didn’t mind if she got on him, he grinned in his mind. Penelope turned her head towards Anise as she lightly flicked Oisin’s nose, she knew exactly what was going on in his mind, “'op on, 'e’ll be our ticket oyt av 'ere.”Penelope griped the Oisin’s main and placed her other hand on his side before pulling herself up onto his back. It was a little difficult to climb up at first but Oisin raised one up his front hooves up towards his belly for her to use as a step. He balanced flawlessly on three legs as the blind woman climbed up with the aid of his hoof. Once she made herself comfortable she extended her hand out to Anise, “Kruvin is a smart creature, i’m sure yer man won’t steck raun in a battle dat yer man can’t 'andle. we nade ter steck together, we 'av de enemy outnumbered, we 'owl de advantage if we stay together .” Penelope said as she waited for Anise to climb up, she hopped the plan was to their liking, it was a big gamble but there were little options left for them. She did not want any more people from the group to perish; she kept alert to the slightest sensation in case anymore golden tears were to escape her eyes.

((-,- I'm not really...mehhh. Sorry~ ))

Cuwen

ArianaLucky_Star

Eretico

kishune

Enduring Hunter

7,825 Points
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Tycoon 200
    • Citizen 200

Hm. So that was this Emlyn Odryna's motivation behind serving the king. Her other name, the 'Madman's Evil Angel,' had been unknown to Kriuvin until now, but he understood why she had been given it and he thought that it would be correct from the perspective of those whom the mad king brutalized. Emlyn apparently possessed a skewed, negative view of good and evil and held the belief that there was very little true good in the world, as shown by her perception of the king as a comparatively good man who would bring good to the land and of holy magic as most fitting in a bloody crusade. She accused Kriuvin's side of fearing change and extending the conflict through their fighting- meaning that she either did not know the true nature of the mad king's plans, or she was the most zealous out of all the king's creatures Kriuvin had seen. Either way, her reasoning was far from solid, and Kriuvin was going to tell her so.

It was annoying how much oblivious and biased stupidity Kriuvin had encountered so far in the younger elementals. First was the blue-haired girl they had met who believed all men to be bad and untrustworthy, and now there was this Light dragon who perceived the mad king as a morally good and justifiable person. Youth's ignorance was acceptable in some ways, but not among the fighters in such a grave, important conflict. It made Kriuvin dislike talking to people even more, and his sole motivation for continuing the conversation was to set Emlyn straight.

[["Many would disagree with you, and instead say that holy magic's place is in places of worship and centers of healing,"]] Kriuvin responded coldly, matching Emlyn's equally hostile tone, [["That holy magic should be used to help and to inspire people, not to kill them....and what help or inspiration could come from a man who destroys towns and cities, puts innocents to the sword, and consorts with powers beyond his control to unleash murderous demigods upon the world?"]] Kriuvin's tone suddenly grew more harsh. [["You state that you have not met anyone better than the king...then allow me to offer several examples of those who were better...up until recently, I travelled with a group made up of men and women of many different races who were brave, and strong, and good...slightly misguided in their plans, but not nearly as much as the king... they sought to help and to defend the innocent, not to slaughter them....they were kind, and wise, and fought to protect the lives and freedoms of those who were threatened...and do you know what happened to them?"]] Kriuvin gave Emlyn a hard stare. [["They were reduced to bloody scraps by the sabertooth tigers...the pets of your mad king."]] Kriuvin heard the other dragon's roar below, but disregarded it for the moment, not yet done with what he had to say.

[["If you truly wished to protect your friends, and they you...you would not undertake a cause that went against almost every other creature in the world...which violated peace and solace everywhere...which causes only death and corruption."]] Kriuvin briefly looked away, turning his head to observe the horizon as he continued speaking. [["I am Kriuvin, a water dragon, as you have hopefully realized...and while I am not the nicest nor the kindest being...I know good from evil...and cruelty and insanity from mercy and justice. Can you say the same?"]] Without waiting for an answer, Kriuvin then flapped his wings, turned in the air, and flew towards the direction of the other dragon's roar, sensing that his allies might need his help.

Mewlicious Paladin

Sparkly Lunatic

User Image
    Tiona Sparks
    Dragon child

Tiona silently stared down from her perch on the high tree branch, the rising heat fiddled with her short bangs as she fire illuminated her face. Her eyes filtered through the black smoke that rushed up, pouring into the white clouds in the sky to see Amathal on the ground. As the black smoke diluted the color of the clouds the little dragon narrowed her gaze. She could not hear the Elf’s pleas; rather she did not want to as she focused on the brutal roars of the blue fire continued to engulf the trees that snapped and crackled from the heat as the flames ate away the defenseless trees. She knew how destructive her fire was, but she could only admire the flames for their beauty. The fire she creative was a part of the little dragon, the blue flames were colored by her sadness of all the pain of losing her friends. Tiona lowered her head with a saddened expression. This was not the ‘fight’ the little dragon was expecting, she was not a cruel creature, she did not find pleasure in fighting- this was not a fight at all. Tiona had no problem fighting people if she was in danger or if she was fallowing the King’s orders- orders that she could not disobey. Though most memories of such violent events were clouded, but she remembered enough that her opponents had fought back. The elf before her did not try to fight; this gave the little dragon mixed feelings as her black gaze locked with Amthal’s eyes.

The Dragoness hissed as the plate on Tiona’s back as it strengthened her cage, inflicting great pain on her consciousness that linked over to Tiona as she tried desperately to keep the little dragon in an angered state; [[No, keep going, don’t stop!]] The dragoness roared, though Tiona could not hear the Dragoness, she felt something starting to burn through the back of her mind. The little dragon tightly closed her eyes, placing her small hand on her head as she struggled with her feelings, “G-goa!” She whimpered, the branch she stood on snapped from the fire, her large claw dug into the tree that began crumbling to her touch as she slowly slide down along with the falling remains. She landed softly on the ground, hot embers and ashes showered onto of her. She stood only a couple feet away from Amthal, still as stone till she let out a small sneeze that shook the ashes off her body; the glowing embers remained in her hair. Tiona recalled the last time she saw the King; he gently patted her on the head as had always done. Then after he was done, he whispered his command into her ear; destroy anyone who opposes me. She opened her eyes once more to reveal one blacked and the other was crimson, her crimson eye seemed to have an apologetic stare to Amathal.

The little dragon did not want to hurt the elf, she still was not sure if Amathal was even one of the ‘Bad guys’ that the king told her destroy. Maybe that arrow was fired by mistake. The little dragon tried desperately to fight against the command that was set on her. The enchanted plate was convinced Amathal was the enemy. The plate was starting to punish her, by shocking her with pain for being disobedient to the King's command. Her blood leaked out from the beneath the plate, slowly soaking the back of her coat. Her blood was like fire, droplets that landed on the ground scotched the earth. Tiona’s gaze shifted over to the fire, she slowly raised her large dragon limb toward the sky. She closed her eyes again; the blue fire that burned the trees was lured over by the open invitation of her hand. The fire slithered its way at various angles to the center of her claw. The little dragon focused her power to the fire, a ring of red runes circled around the large mass of blue flames. The runes compressed the fire into a magma orb like the one she made before but this was blue like the fire, “R-r-run” Tiona muttered in a pained voice, it looked as though she was going to attack Amthal with the orb when Tiona sensed the cruel dragon from before was getting closer, "HO" When he was within range Tiona tossed the orb up, "GE" hopping up off the ground with a strong spin, "RO" she used her tail as a bat along with a small explosive spark to fire the magma orb at the ice dragon, "ROOOO!" The orb had a breakable outer shell that contained the magma fluid that was within. Tiona acted quickly, lowering down onto all fours and darted over to the closet tree as the orb flew through the air. She quickly climbed up to the highest branch with a growl. She was hoping to nail him in the face, at this point her blood lust was not as strong but she still wanted to avenge the poor tigers that he murdered. She growled at the dragon, she did it out of instinct. The Dragoness tried to weasel by back into Tiona’s subconscious mind; [[Yes, hate him, he killed your dear friends…]]She whispered in a sinister voice. Tiona began to growl even more, she was starting to get upset again but anger was short lived as she wondered if Emlyn was alright. Before she could worry further about Emlyn her stomach let out a hungry growl, “Gao…” She frowned before focusing her attention back at the other dragon.She raised her body heat once more in case the dragon tried to launch an ice attack at her. The ends of her blue hair morphed into flames.

User Image
    ----------------------------------------------

((bleh ))

---------------------------------------------------------------------

kishune

Mewlicious Paladin

Cuwen

Eretico

tityanya's Waifu

Springtime Star

User Image
    Emlyn Odryna

I am here: Flying above tree tops
    I am with: Kruivin and Tiona
    I feel: I'll kill this guy

Many would disagree with her? She scoffed at the thought of caring what the general public said about her. It was their fault her brother resorted to stealing. Their fault he'd died. Their fault she'd joined the king and killed them all during the raid on Springhaven. She kept her voice the same calm and hostile tone, not betraying her anger. [["I care little for what other's say. My powers are not gifts to them. They are my strength, to with what I please."]] The dragon continued on about some people he thought above the king. [["Am I supposed to believe your report of their goodness just because they met a bad end? War is war. We're all soldiers, brave and good enough in our own minds, even if we're on the wrong side."]] It was clear that she wasn't referring to herself in the slightest with her last comment.

Emlyn glared at Kruivin as spoke about her very cause being detrimental to her friends. [["The king earned my loyalty before them, and above them. They're lucky they're on the side where they were able to become my friends."]] And then he introduced himself. Kruivin, a water dragon. She'd have called him an ice dragon, but that mattered little. He asked a questioned and turned to Tiona, and began flying towards her. Did he think his words would make her abandon Tiona? She was outraged and insulted, but wouldn't let it let her make hasty decisions. She took a deep breath, and fired her tracking shot again, taking note of Tiona's attack. If Kruivin dodged, Emlyn was in the line of fire for the ball of magma. So if he dodged, about a third would of her beams would intercept the magma, but the rest would continue to track Kruivin. There was that elf to worry about, but for the moment, it was two on one against the ice dragon. She was hoping he wouldn't be able to dodge Tiona's and block hers at the same time.

((Out Of Cake?!: ))

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out