Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Pumpkin

9,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Quivyre Marsh

With :: No one she knows of. Maybe Victor?

The disappearance of the book that was in front of her and the tone of voice from a new woman interrupting her reading angered Quivyre. How dare someone disturb a person who was so obviously busy reading. Not only that, but the woman called her "girl", as if she were nothing more than a street urchin. Perhaps she wasn't wearing a gown like she should have been, but she definitely didn't look or smell at all like a homeless beggar. She lifted her head, and glared at the woman. It was strange, knowing this woman was older than herself, but looked the same age. "I think I was reading." She replied coldly.

Then there was the scolding. It was nothing to Quivyre. She had gotten into trouble so often at the Menagerie that it no longer phased her. She stood there, silent as a statue, while the woman talked. Quivyre listened though, and what this woman said amused Quivyre. "You keep on saying we. I assume you're talking about your husband there, when you saw we, right?" Quivyre didn't even wait for a response before continuing. "Well, apparently he trusts me enough to tell me, and he feels like he knows me well enough. I don't really see why I'm the one you're yelling at then."

It seemed she wouldn't be able to leave, so she sat down in a chair and just stared at the both of them, a small frown appearing on her face. "Well, while you figure out exactly who on this continent knows me enough to prove to you that I'm trustworthy, am I allowed to continue reading?" She asked. "I have a feeling I'll be here for a while, and what better way to spend it than making a dent into this collection?" The woman seemed to want to fight. That would be fine with Quivyre. After all, Quivyre had a dragon who, if she could get on, would allow her to be a ways away before their Mountain Gold even was off the ground.

User Image

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: LaMarche
Speaking With: Quivyre, Angeline

Victor did feel like an idiot, he had told someone, a Sky Rider possibly the biggest secret this family had. He trusted Quivyre to a point yes, the Dragon did a lot to secure that in the first place, and he also could read people much easier than others. His Conduit ensured that, he could see into her mind and could read every emotion, she didn’t feel like others who would use that knowledge for ill gain.

“Angeline, I’m sorry. I should have waited, but we are both unique in our own way aren’t we?” he didn’t say it out loud but raised a single eyebrow and continued on. I sensed her, she is safe, and you know that I’m usually right about these things. I haven’t had a wrong read in nine years now.” He stared at his wife and his eyes were hard, but also pleading for her to understand.

He gestured a hand to her and continued, “Angeline, she has a Sky Cobra, the rarest of the dragons of the Menagerie. She wouldn’t be allowed out of the Menageries unless she had proven her loyalty to them, which means to the Chantry as well. You know as well as I do that they will bring swift retribution on betrayal, she will not betray us.” His mind was racing ahead already and saw several paths out of this, each of them filled with concern. The Chantry was once again about to enter their lives it seemed, one way or another. He had sent a letter to Finn requesting a meeting with Ariel, where he would not only ask, but try and persuade her to let him back into the Chantry’s ranks. Things were happening around them that he needed to be ready for, he had to protect his family, using any means necessary.

On the other hand, Quivyre was the Sky Rider here and her Guild was controlled by the Chantry, which meant that one way or another, the Chantry was going to be a part of them again. I ask your forgiveness again Angeline, you know how I act sometimes, even after nineteen years I’m still impulsive.”

Questing Sex Symbol

User ImagexxxUser Image

She screamed and threw her dinner at Father. One of Mother's demons was already in the way and it turned on her. Lilian burst into tears at what was happening. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" she said to Mother and got out of her chair, running to Uncle. She cowered behind him and his chair until she heard that it had stopped, and mother started speaking. She wasn't afraid of anything harming her... Lilian peeked back over Vorlander's head. "Is he okay? Is Daegon okay? Why'd you do that, Daddy?" she asked sweetly with a smile.

Lilian swayed, running her finger along the designs. "He didn't break the rules... he only broke the man's face," she said, patting Vorlander on the head and playing with his hair. "But Daegon and Darius get to go to the party! I don't get to go anywhere. Can I break the rules, Daddy? Can I go?" she asked him, still smiling. He would let her, it was his idea. She was his only daughter!

So she turned to look at mother. "I want to goooo. Let me goooo," she pleaded, watching her with blurry eyes, she was breaking from her sweet little girl face into the monster that came when Vorlander showed up without any presents. She held onto the back of his chair, kicking it. "But I want to go with Uncle Vorlander too. Why is it so hard!? I QUIT!" Lilian gave her chair a kick and stomped out of the hall to her room.

location;; Vimal
company;; Slade, Vorlander

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
User Image

Current Location: Vimal
Speaking With:the Children & Slade

Oh for Gods’ sakes both of you. This is insanity.” Vorlander rose from the table and just looked at both of them, the children were absolutely fine, besides Daegon looking weak just then. “Both of you need to calm down. Slade, that was a bit excessive, but Cynne, demon guardians? Still? At his age? Are we a tad overprotective?”

He shook his head at both of them, after all these years they still were as stubborn and set in their ways as ever. His brother liked big extravagant shows of power to make it clear he was in control, and Cynne did everything she could to either match him in some way, or try and take him down a peg. They were at odds especially over the children, which made it essential that they get away from the lovely couple as soon as possible.

Lili could not be allowed to turn out like Kresimir, she had a spark of liveliness that had to be preserved. Darius needed to be taught that just because you have power, doesn’t mean you have to flaunt it. Daegon needed to learn to control that temper and rage, it would be the end of him if he kept it up, there was always someone better than you. Kael was secretive and Kresimir was far too private, again, qualities not exactly extolled about in stories. Paden may be the most normal, besides the sadistic streak and his desire to always have poisons on him. The whole Family was dysfunctional, but then again, they were the Nazars…

Lili can still come with me, you have my word no harm will come to her. I will leave the decision to you both, but please, consider that you have children, and both of you need to stop fighting each other and start fighting the real enemy. Squabbling over how to raise your children isn’t going to help anyone, in fact, it’ll only hurt them in the long run. I’ve seen enough of it to know. He turned and walked from both of them and went back to his boat, he needed a break from Family.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

User Image

L O C A T I O N ⋮ LaMarche
W I T H⋮Victor Thornias and Quivyre Marsh

"My forgiveness is not given." Angeline said with a smug sniff. "And you... girl." She turned, eyes narrowed. "I dare you, speak to me in that tone again. Like it or not, this is my house, and I will not be spoken to in that manner ever again. Another unique part of my ability could render your vocal chords useless. My name is Lady Angeline Thornias, not mother, and I don't even put up with that bullshit from my own children." 

Angeline placed her hand on her swollen belly and leveled a cold glare at her husband. "Usually correct is not always correct, need I remind you. She stays until I am reassured twice over now. You can thank him for that." She nodded at her husband before stomping out of the room. She had to calm herself down. High blood pressure and stress was bad for the baby.  She assigned guards to the girl and stormed up to her bedroom, slamming the door behind her. Sure, Victor would come up to talk to her, and he would start kissing her and touching her and making her smile again, but it didn't mean she wouldn't be upset with him still. Being pouty usually got her her way, no matter how old she was. Angeline was more charming than Tessa when she wanted to be.

Demonic Pumpkin

9,975 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Quivyre Marsh

With :: No one she knows of. Maybe Victor?

"And I am Quivyre Marsh, not girl." She replied before turning the chair towards a window and staring outside. it was not the side of the house that Iriesys was on, so she couldn't see her dragon. That made her sad. Still, there were worse places to be stuck. "I am staying at the castle, so you could ask them if I am trustworthy. Or send a raven to Sunnifa Allandor back at the Menagerie. The later would take quite a bit of time though. I'm afraid I have no other suggestions and no other real connections." It was the truth, especially in this country, where she knew no one.

When the woman was gone, Quivyre glanced at Victor. "I suppose I should thank you. Being stuck here will be far more interesting than being stuck back at the castle." With that, she stood up and went over to the bookshelves, scanning through the titles of books. She hadn't heard of any of them before. Randomly, she chose a thin book with a red binding, and began reading the first page.

User Image

Questing Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image

"It's fine," Karan said, glancing back to see him with a shirt on finally. He thought it was weird he was half-naked, but he wasn't going to question what he was doing when Dark Walkers came upon him way out there so long as he didn't ask why they lived way out there. "If you want, you can get the bucket there for water." He pointed.

He took off the bridle and put on a halter, securing the horse before he began untying all the bags his mother had. He tossed the bundle she handed him aside on the ground, then undid the cinch, tossing it over the saddle before he took that off as well far over the horse's back. He set it over the post so he could take the blanket off. It was a bit wet as the horse had sweat from its run, by the time his mother and Tutor got to home, however, it had a nice walk to cool down. All he had to do was clean it of dirt and sweat.

Karan was checking the hooves for rocks and about to put the horse behind the gate when Tutor returned, dumping the buckets of water into the trough. He picked up the tack to put away. If the man wanted something to do, he needed to only ask Karan, and he would point and tell him. He was getting out of his chores, but he didn't want to tell him he couldn't do anything and just make him sit there all day...

His mother and father hadn't come back to tell either of them what they were going to do yet. Karan was just going to go on with his normal routine. When he was finished, he sat on the fence and decided to unwrap his gift from mother.

Karanlık Tuhaf Oğlu, what seems to be the problem? ;; here we are, far west of Coraline The Seven Safehouse and we speak, Theodore. Talkin' to strangers.

Divine Muse

User Image
Theodore Tuttleledge

Speaking with: Karan

Theodore fetched water, and then feed and hay. Not work he was unfamiliar with. There were times the only way to get someone to pay attention was to do chores together and talk about the subject of the lesson as they worked, using what was around them as aids. He still chuckled when he remembered teaching a girl to do basic math using shucked peas. The girl would probably see peas for years to come as she pictured the equations she would work on.

He had no idea of where they were, or how to get to one of the Sister Cities from his present location. Truth be told, he wasn’t in a hurry to start walking now with it getting so late. He might be willing to walk to an inn if one wasn’t far off, but there was no way he was going to attempt to walk all the way to one of the cities during the night. The fact they were out in the middle of no where didn’t bother him in the least, so long as he didn’t have to walk far after dark to get to a bed. Wasn’t the first time he’d been in a remote location for gainful employment. Karan didn’t seem much of one for talking, so he just followed him around and helped with the chores the boy was doing. He might have to ask to sleep in the barn, might as well show he was willing to work to earn a place to sleep until dawn.

Once the chores were done, he took a seat on a rock and ran his fingers through his hair before he went rifling through his sack he’d left against the wall. He had some pressed nut and fruit bars in there somewhere. “Aha!” He chuckled and pulled two parchment wrapped bars from inside, giving a whistle to Karan, he tossed the boy one. They were bars of nuts and dried fruits, pressed and held together by honey. Light weight, somewhat tasty, and had enough energy in them to keep someone on their feet in a pinch.

“So, is there an inn or anything nearby I can sleep stay?”

Divine Muse

User Image
Paden Nazar

Speaking with: Vorlander

Paden had returned to Vimal, not sure where his father had gotten off to. Maybe they had lucked out and Mother finally had enough of his s**t and let her demons rip him to pieces. Paden often wondered why they put up with each other…A divorce would have been kinder, or so he thought.

He penned a quick note to his mother…

Quote:

Mother,
I went to Rishi and spoke to Kresimir. He said that if I went with the others, I would die. I have no intention of dying because father decides he wants to play king of the hill again. I’ll keep my ear to the ground and let you know where I am when I’ve decided father isn’t going to send me to my death. I’ve been taking care of myself for a while now, I have no desire to let father murder me for his ambition.
~Paden

He sent the letter to his mother through one of his employees. No way his mother would let his father come after him after reading that. Especially if Kresimir tells her that he did tell his brother he would die if she asked. Kresimir would lie to their mother, but not about that. Especially since they might need to exchange more favors in the future.

He had no intention of staying where his father could try to strong arm and brow beat him into a desired path. He grabbed a few outfits from his office in Vimal and shoved them into a bag before he made sure his kit was well stocked. He even packed an extra kit just in case and set about getting a jacket, slinging the pack over his shoulder and setting off towards the docks. The ship he lost in Drathia wasn’t his only ship. He had several small vessels that could be manned by a handful of men for smuggling. And he had one that was specially designed just for him and him alone.

He walked around a corner and stopped short when he saw Vorlander standing and grinning at him with that smug look. “********] He muttered to himself before he checked his stride and started towards his uncle.

“Dinner not go so well, I take it?”

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Speaking With: Cynne & Slade Nazar

There had never been a pain so intense. The way his blood froze in his veins, the way his body just seemed to come to an abrupt halt. His heart kept beating but the blood was not moving. Every second that passed made the pressure in his heart build until it felt like it was going to explode out of his chest and shower everyone with gore. When he was released, he was blind. Literally, and with rage. As his blood continued flowing, his vision slowly returned, as did his other senses.

He finally mustered the strength to stand and stare at his father, stoic, but with eyes so full of hate that Slade would only be able to interpret it as a warning... "I agree with Uncle Vorlander... Excessive." Daegon let the left corner of his mouth curl up into a smile and drop quickly, just long enough for dear ol' dad to see. There was no telling what went on in Daegon Nazar's head, but if his father had an ounce of sense, he would be watching his back from here on out.

"Darius and I both go to the ball. It appears there is at least one parent here who knows how to use their brain and not their stolen power." There was very little that was known about Slade's mastery over water... But everyone knew he had never truly favored manipulating water, and thus his mastery over it was too sudden to come from practice.

Daegon wasn't exactly too happy about his mother keeping the demons on protective detail, but he was certainly thankful for them in this case. Daegon would have to be sure to discuss that with mother later... He didn't want the demons gone, no... He had other things in mind. "If there is nothing else you would like to discuss, Mother... Or any other form of torture you would like to place on your own child, Slade, I'll be leaving."

He looked between the two of them, waiting for their answer.

User Image
User Image

With his Mother, Rock, and Rain in the room Raven was free to sit back and enjoy the conversation. And adding Xantha to the mix he really wouldn't need to speak at all... He couldn't help but laugh of course when his brother was forcefully given the metallic muzzle, but after that he was focused on the food in front of himm... he had the tendency to forget to eat so the family dinners were his saving grace.

Of course the mention of Uncle Droston was enough to pull him away from his plate and he balked at the man he was only just now realizing was his cousin. Looking at him more closely he could see the resemblance, and he kicked himself mentally for not paying more attention. With him trying to be the man of the house it often annoyed him when things slipped his notice... He was always too hard on himself, took the weight of responsibility for both the brothers since Rock never did.

When the Rain show started Raven sat back and enjoyed, taking in every fortune because you never knew what someone could forget, or what needed to be passed along quickly. Blue eyes followed the trail of cards, tensing when Rain went into were one of her Prophetic shocks... Years of it and it still made his heart stop for the smallest flicker of an instant. She was always alright in the end but it still worried him. He was more than a little protective and he admitted it.

Raven was a little disappointed when his sister skipped over him and Rock for the readings but he wasn't one to make a fuss, and it wasn't like he couldn't ask her at anytime. He did however reach his hand out to take a card now that she was offering one to them... didn't want to be COMPLETELY out of the loop. " So what exactly will *I* be wearing for this Ball?"

Look where I am Armand-Viridian Manor
And Oh Goody, see who's here the Gang, paying attention to Rain right now

Questing Sex Symbol

User ImageUser Image

"Are you blind!?" Cynne questioned Vorlander's eyesight. And hearing, actually. A mother's love didn't end when a child hit a certain age, why should her protection? He had obviously just missed that the boy's very own father used magic on him with the intent to hurt and scare obedience into him. Her demons would have proved more useful were it not for Lilian, hitting them with her dinner plate and making herself seem like a threat, then she wouldn't have had to call them off and it would have ended Slade's demonstration in blood. Their purpose was to ensure that Slade's heir survived and any person or demon endangering his life was dealt with. He was just lucky she hadn't upgraded from Foliots yet. An Ifrit followed her around and those were not so pleasant to meet. "Daegon..."

"Have fun at the ball like the pretty princesses that you are," she said. "No one wishes you as much fun and luck as Mother at finding your prince..." That much was clear, his beloved Uncle had just walked off as if this were hardly a matter of concern. She was not happy. The day had only seemed to get worse as it went on. She was trying to think of how to fix it.

"I'll speak with you shortly, Daegon," she said. "Go prepare." She crossed her arms and turned to Slade. Cynne left the demons as they were.

location;; Vimal
company;; Slade, Daegon . . .

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Secret base
Speaking With: No One

“Go then.” He stared back at his son and made a reminder to keep his Sensory and his Conduit open at all times. His son was insane, that much was clear, but then again the apple didn’t exactly fall far from the tree there. Both of them were insane, in their own different way, Daegon’s was just far more… present.

“If that’s all my wife, I shall take my leave once more.” He didn’t even wait for an answer from his wife, he was pissed at her for interfering. He vanished from the table and teleported away from them all, teleporting to a place only he knew. He was going to visit his Prophet son in a few days, it was time to get him involved.

He materialized in a chamber underneath the ocean, far from everyone and everything. It was here he plotted without his wife, without his children. The South was inconsequential to what he was planning, he had not forgotten the wrongs done to him, the evils he had experienced. He would destroy his enemies, and with them… gain his revenge.

Starting with Finn Torric.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: No One

Darius groaned inwardly at having to go to Drathia with Daegon, he was already picturing the chains he would end up in. When his father vanished he also noticed Kael had pulled a disappearing act as well, something he seemed to be very good at. He either hadn’t been paying attention, or Kael could do something none of them could, not leave a magic trail.

He got up from the table as well and bowed slightly to his mother, “I’ll start packing, hopefully my ‘true love’ will be at the ball and I can live happily ever after. He laughed at that and teleported into his room, intent on packing and getting everything he might need from his private hidey hole. He would be bringing a few Amplifae with him, just in case. With Daegon he may need the extra firepower.

He packed quickly and made sure he had gold to spend once they got to LaMarche, he would need a costume for this party. He had an idea in mind for what he would go as, but he needed to see if it could be done. Soon he was on the ship and was waiting for his darling brother to join him, he really didn’t want to go with Daegon, but he didn’t want to argue with his parents, especially after seeing what Slade could do with water now.

That was something he would have to look into, he couldn’t do that right now. Hell, he didn’t think anyone could do that until he saw it with his own eyes. It had been frightening and he was more than a little glad he had just been an observer, not the one getting hurt.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
User Image

Speaking With: Paden

When does dinner ever go well when we all gather? It was a true enough statement, usually it ended in a fight or someone ended up very unhappy. This time it had been both Slade and Daegon which was funny in itself.

He was planning on leaving and going to Drathia, he had business to attend there and he was planning on dropping in a few very old friends. He was Maximus Argentum after all, a man who had his fingers in everyone’s pies, and all of it was strictly legal. Vorlander Solaris was the one that controlled the underground markets of the underworld, save for the ones the Guilds controlled. He had tried to invade those markets and found that his peddlers or agents began to mysteriously die. After that he backed off and was satisfied with what he could get.

He did want to meet with a Guild, but with all of them loyal to the Crown now, he was certain he would be strung up by his feet and gutted the moment he revealed himself. Better to stay in the shadows and present a face everyone loved, he did find people were far more trusting and accepting of him when he appeared human. He blamed the eyes personally, those were the things that disturbed them the most.

Paden was here though for a reason, whether or not he wanted to speak to his uncle was inconsequential. So what brings you to the docks Paden? Thinking about sailing off again on your own? Don’t worry, mommy and daddy aren’t around to listen.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff