Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Muse

User Image
Luca Armand
Speaking with: Kain

“A couple reasons…One was to ask why you were suddenly so interested in me. But you answered that. That man has been trying to get me killed since he showed up!” He muttered, pacing slightly, not at all pleased with what he had just been told. “Leaving me everything, that ******** idiot. He probably had someone waiting to kill me the second things passed on to me, which meant they would pass on to Aine. If she didn’t return, they would be set in trust for the triplets…And that leads to another reason why I came…”

He took two folded papers from his jacket and handed them to Kain. “One is Droston’s will. His steward delivered it yesterday. It names Aine as his successor to Dorian should he not return. The other is Aine’s will. She names you as guardian to her children should their father not be found, it states that you know who he is whether you realize it or not even if you do not know where he is. Her wishes that they remain at Armand Manor and be raised as was intended for them are there as well. I didn’t want to hand it over to your guards. No offense. For all I know one of them could be under Vorlander’s sway. Another reason I came. I sealed all the boxes, so if any look as if they were tampered with, you know someone got into them. That was the other reason I came. As Aine says, I’m guarding my own a**.”

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Amick District
Speaking With: Luca Armand & Aine Aiyana

"Very well. I'll read over the will at my earliest convenience and if circumstances allow, I will see to it that it is put into effect." It was the best he could offer. Droston had vanished into The Port and there was still no information on him. Another thing Vorlander was supposed to be doing in The Port. He was supposed to be learning all he could, not just bargaining for a case-fire, but that could be asked about once he was done speaking with Luca...

And now Aine, for she appeared in the doorway, marching directly toward Kain and Luca with a somewhat grim look on her face. She had also been in The Port. Perhaps she had learned something that would interest Kain, but given the look on her face, he doubted it was anything pleasant... It didn't matter. Kain wasn't expecting today to be pleasant.

Especially after his plan had succeeded. Shutting down The Grid had served exactly the purpose he had thought it would... Just not the purpose he had hoped for.

Divine Muse

User Image
Aine Aiyana

Speaking with: Kain and Luca

Aine entered the castle and was not happy. Sure, she had a bath and some food, but that had done nothing but fuel her temper. She was annoyed with Kain, but she was pissed at everything in general. She wanted to let loose a long stream of expletives about being stuck with Vorlander and having to transport and walk for two days straight, but since Kain was able to get evidence that Aine had been more hard pressed to discover, she bit her tongue on that.

“Elle’s children are dead. Elle is missing. I don’t know where she is, only that she was left where she could go away. I didn’t have a chance to look for her before Vorlander started us back. Droston wasn’t too keen with details…” Her form started shaking as the tears built up. She’d thought she had gotten all of this out, but she hadn’t…One couldn’t just get over something like that… “Droston has allied with the Overlord. I’m sorry.

“This changes a lot of things, and I know you are dealing with Vorlander right now, but I would like you speak with me at the manor when you‘re done with Vorlander. It‘s important, so please make the time.”

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: Aine Aiyana

"Droston did what?" His anger was now at an all time high. Every ounce of him hope that Aine was just playing a cruel joke on him. Telling him some crazy story just to get a rise out of him. Immature, though it would be, it would be preferable. It wasn't quite so bad as losing one of the most renowned generals of the era to their greatest enemy. This changed everything. Kain's thoughts immediately falling to the attack that Kostro had planned. And Castiel... If Droston had joined Slade, Slade probably knew by now that Castiel was alive.

His brother's life was once again in danger. The only ounce of hope that Kain could find though was that Kostro had never told them exactly where Castiel had gone. Only that he was in Cavandia... Cavandia was the largest continent in the entire world... Finding him would not be easy.

And another thing occurred to him. He held up the will. "If Droston has joined Slade, this will is no longer valid. He is part of Slade's regime... I will not honor someone who has dishonored himself." But still, Kain needed to read it. Droston had not always been loyal to Slade. This was written when Droston was loyal to The Families... If anything, it was filled with Droston's last good intentions. He would keep it, and take it's contents into consideration. Not for Droston, but in spite of him.

"Aine... Thank you for delivering this news to me." He also thought it would be wise to apologize for a few things. "And I apologize for making you suffer two days of walking with Vorlander. I shut The Grid down to see just how quickly Vorlander could return without using it. After he was caught in a rather large lie, as well as illegal activities too numerous to list off, I had to know if he had established his own unauthorized, unlicensed Teleportation Network.

"Seeing as you both made a journey from The Port back here in three days, when it normally would have taken ten by foot, I can assume I was correct."
Another thing he would probably have to tack on to Vorlander's list of illegal activities he would have to answer for. "How did you get back so fast? Does he have his own secret network of teleporters?" He asked Aine. He needed to hear her say it, it was the only way he could turn his hunch into solid evidence against Vorlander. He needed it, for the more he learned about Vorlander, the easier it would be to place the yellow man under his thumb... Or to crush him entirely. Whichever proved to be the best option when the time came.

Divine Muse

User Image
Aine Aiyana

Speaking with: Kain

She just wanted to go home…Go home and curl up with her children…But she couldn’t not yet…

“I’m sure he does, but I have no proof…We took the Grid as far as the Sister Cities. After that…He teleported us. And he teleported us the rest of the way back, walking between teleports until he got his strength back up to teleport us again…” But there was something she could tell Kain that might be of help.

“I found that strange because Teleporting wasn’t one of Vorlander’s Conduits when he came to Amick…I thought like with the Illusion Artifact he bartered to my mother, he might have had something that let him Teleport, but I have no proof. Like with all the files you took from my home, a lot of circumstantial evidence and suppositions, but no proof.”

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image
Bethany Ecanis

She had found her sister's dog, Oliver, but she had also found Kain. Needless to say, it took her twice as long to get back to Angeline and by the time she did, her nurse and guards had been at the door making a fuss about something. Bethany had sighed and turned them all away to spend more time with her sister. They ended up not going to LaMarche right away, as it so happened, the Grid had been shut down by Kain. Of course, she was capable of using it, but when that order came, she sort of wondered why--then it was clear to her with the gathering of files on various businesses that Vorlander had dipped his hand into.

She stayed and allowed the option of return to be open to her sister, though she suspected Angeline may want to poke her nose in again. While she was in the yard, a guard came to fetch her for Kain and she rushed her way in to his office. Once getting to the door, she slowed and waltzed in as if she hadn't. She kissed her husband and sat down to business with him, to hear of the terms of the treaty.

Bethany was never comfortable with Vorlander. She merely nodded when Kain was called to something else and turned her attentions back to the man with the treaty. "If you would, tell me the terms," she asked of him and looked to the contract. Her husband had said not to sign anything until he had come back, but Bethany was her own lady. She would look over this carefully herself and hopefully Vorlander was more forthcoming about this type of information to aid her in understanding... why in the forty-seven thousand hells was it LaMarche!? Slowly, her hands folded neatly in her lap, she lifted her gaze to the man and smiled politely through for his answer.

in Amick District with Vorlander Solaris

Questing Sex Symbol

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

x x x x x

Terrowin had been given "time off", that meant he was no longer confined to the port or to Slade's strings. At least, for a little while. It also meant fun was to be had in one of the sister cities and he did. Oh, he did. The Cavandian returned to the port soon after he heard of the destruction of Dorian, soon after he had seen what had been done, and what would be with the march of a few battalions. He sort of wanted to be a part of that, but he had other things he wanted to do, or other people he wanted to do--that business was finished and he was sated, hefting up his belt and traversing the land far and fast to reach the port. He bumped into a redhead and stuffed his fingers inside her pocket, she might not have wanted it, but she got it anyway and Terrowin didn't even give her a second look as he continued onward into Castle Nazar.

He walked in to be harassed by one of the guardsmen. They had their problems, one of them being too damn stupid. He was smacked on the back and asked of where he had been, none of it sounding too pretty with their vocabulary or tone of voice. He was sure they were mocking him. Terrowin considered driving a sword through his empty skull.

"Whore house," was his monotone reply, shifting from their grasp and heading for his chambers. "Your mother says hello." That was no surprise.

His surprise was a young girl stuffed in the trunk at the end of his bed and a blond boy standing atop it. That took him back. The boy immediately stopped stomping and stared with wide, green eyes, expecting to be beaten while his sister cried in the trunk. He grabbed the kid by the collar and picked him up off of it. He set him down, bade him to stand still and rescued his sister. She was a sobbing mess. Her head of brown hair stuck at odd angles and she had some sore on her face, but she was just as frightened as the other at seeing him. Terrowin didn't think he was that scary to Drathians. He handed the girl a knife. "Why don't you stab your brother for revenge?" he suggested. The girl looked down at the weapon and flinched at his words, dropping it.

"H-he's not my brother," she corrected, and Terrowin had to look at the two again. The boy was more finely dressed. He turned on him and gave him a beating, then sent the girl on her way back to her mother or whoever it was that took care of her. She left slightly less distressed than she had been and the boy was taken away slightly less alive. Terrowin put them out of mind when he laid his head to rest.

A thought came to his mind then that brought them right back, why is my bed wet? He sniffed.

in the Port of the Overlord -- . . .

Dangerous Genius

User Image
Drezden
The Shade
User Image

Current Location: The Shade's Guild Hall (Corralis Mountains)
Speaking With: Rohesia Malle

Rohesia had arrived, back from her mission. It was a victory in itself that she had survived. Another promising gesture was that she had returned. Drezden fully believed that on that note, she had uncovered something useful. He had her brought in immediately, setting himself upon a few kill-contracts for signing while the sentries went to bring her in.

Strider was not present this time. In Rohesia's absence, he had fallen ill. Healers were working on him every ten hours or so. They did not believe it to be fatal, but they definitely had advised that he get his rest. Seeing as he was no longer a Guild Master, but rather an esteemed guest, Drezden had ordered that he do so.

"How was the mission?" Drezden asked as Rohesia entered his office. "Mercer informed us that everything went well while he was there. He has voiced a considerable amount of faith in your skills and your character. He has been with The Shade for a long time, so I do trust his word. It is not usual for a Guild Master to give an Agent a pat on the back, but given Mercer's testimony, I must say that Strider and I were both very proud of how you conducted yourself."

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: Aine Aiyana & Luca Armand

"It is interesting, and worth looking into. Artificial Conduits are illegal." And they were so because creating one involved murder. There were texts on exactly how to create things like Artificial Conduits, Amplifae, and how to summon a Wraith, something that was neither demon, creature, monster, or human... It was something else, and it was entirely misunderstood. All that was known about a Wraith was that it was never a good thing to come across one. But that was off topic, and Kain quickly brought himself back to the conversation at hand. "As far as I know, Vorlander has always been able to teleport, but it will be looked into. I thought a lot of things about that man that turned out not to be true."

Kain had a few more things that needed to be discussed. A few things that required attention... And Aine was the person who he would need to talk about it with. And though the issue at the forefront of his mind was not the most pressing of matters, it seemed the most important. "I'm sorry about your brother." He placed a hand on her shoulder. In his own rage upon finding out about Droston's betrayal, he had forgotten that Aine was probably struggling with it even more than the rest of them. "After all you went through... You're still fairly fresh to the world outside the forest, and you've emerged into a time of betrayal... Even your own Family. I wish things could have been better for you, Aine. You deserve better."

He dropped his hand from her shoulder. "Now, I must return to my wife and Vorlander. There is still a possible cease-fire that needs to be signed." He eyed them both, his eyebrow raised, tucking Droston's will into the inside of his jacket. "Unless there is anything else you would like to discuss?"

Divine Muse

User Image
Aine Aiyana

Speaking with: Kain and Luca

She started to tremble slightly when Kain began to apologize for the world she found herself immersed in. She’d been struggling since she came out of the forest, and honestly, things just seemed to be getting worse and worse. No matter what. It was enough to drive any sane person mad. It wasn’t Kain fault that the world was the way it was. He was trying to better it. So many were…It just seemed everyone had a different idea of “a better world.”

“Kain, my mother constantly told me about the treachery beyond the forest. I’m just a little shocked that in her madness, she was completely right.” There were tears shining in her eyes, threatening to break free, but she was doing a good job of keeping them in check. “I do need to speak with you once you’re done with Vorlander. Please remember that.”

Kain was eager to get back to Bethany and Vorlander and she could understand that. “Vorlander had Slade sign the contract then afterwards said that once you signed, it would go into effect, and if either of you broke your word, your soul and powers would go to fuel the other’s, or something to that effect. I’ve told you before, but I’ll tell you again since it is Vorlander…Be careful.”

She was about to take her leave when she remembered something else. Artificial Conduits were illegal… Show him. Otherwise you‘ll be impossible to live with. She just hoped she‘d survive long enough after she showed Kain to know if that would be true or not. “Kain, there was something else. I’ll show you now, but we’ll discuss it later.” She looked around and made sure they were completely alone, then looked to Luca. “Please put an illusion around us so no one can see what I’m going to show you two.” Luca’s fingers immediately started moving and the illusion of the three of them just standing there was set in place. Aine pulled a simple dagger from the sheath on her thigh, not the one her mother had given her, but one that she could throw away if she needed and took a breath. She turned the dagger in on herself and thrust it into her abdomen. Luca gasped in protest but it was too late to stop anything she was doing…

The dagger melted and she felt that strange something, as if she had an extra little stash of energy she could call upon. Her gaze met Kain’s. “My fiance gave me a gift.” She showed him the ring that was still in place on her finger. “He said someone gave it to him because he would come across the person who it was meant for. He thought it was me, and now this happens. I don’t know what it is. If you know of someone who might, I would appreciate talking with them. If it’s illegal to have, I can’t really do anything about it, but I didn’t kill anyone to trigger the magic. I just touched it.”

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: Aine Aiyana

It was unlike anything he had ever seen. The way the blade melted and dissipated, leaving nothing behind. The metal had melted away like candle wax, only faster and leaving behind no trace it had ever been there. It was as if Aine's body had eaten the steel, for there was no wound. Just a small cut in her clothes where the dagger had entered and disappeared the second it touched her skin. He wanted so badly to ask her how she had done it. His first thought was some form of Physical Manipulation that nobody had ever thought of before... But her explanation put that suspicion in a quick grave.

He had to know what this was, but she was right. It would need to be discussed later. In a more private setting. Then there was yet another thing about Vorlander that Kain would have to know about. "The Contract is magically binding... And the cost of breaking it is our souls?" Kain's eyes did not show the wonder and fear that he was feeling. There was probably no possible way they could portray the intensity of it. "How is that possible?" He asked to nobody in particular.

Souls were the territory of the Divines. Of Death. Of The Kings of Hell. Of those that were more than human. Vorlander was not more than human... He was mortal... But how was he accessing a power that, as far as Kain could see, seemed unlimited?

Then again, if it was a magically binding contract, it seemed only logical that Vorlander would have to state it himself, otherwise the contract would be signed under false pretenses, rendering it ineffective. But yet again, Kain knew nothing of this magical binding that Vorlander was capable of, so he did not count on it. He only hoped.

"I have to go. Aine, we will talk later." Kain spun on his heel and returned to his office, and took his seat back beside Bethany, happy to see that nothing had been signed just yet.

Divine Muse

User Image
Aine Aiyana

Speaking with: Luca

Just like that, Kain was hit with so many amazements that it seemed he was going to have trouble coping. Aine didn’t understand it any better than he did, at least that was a relief. She wasn’t a simple idiot.

I wouldn’t put up with you if that were the case.

It was a good thing for the voice that she didn’t mind putting up with smartasses when they were doing her favors. The amusement she seemed to feel let her know that the voice completely understood. She turned to Luca and they both bowed to Kain as he left before Luca took her arm and Teleported them back to the Manor.

“I’m glad you’re safe.”

“Me too. I’m going to go sit with the triplets if anyone needs me.”

“Lady Aine, we found this in your clothing when we went to wash it.” The woman handed over a folded note and Aine remembered the jerk that had tried to cop a feel as she was leaving the Port. Luckily for him, Vorlander had Teleported them away before she could throw something at the back of his head and call him ever name she could think of. She took the paper and unfolded it to see what it was.

User Image

She started laughing and handed it to Luca. “Put that in the study and tell the servants where to find it. Send word to the Embassy for the Dragon Riders that we have a letter for Sunnifa. I’m going to go sit with my children for a while.”

Luca took the letter and smirked before he Teleported away to go do as he was told. When Aine got to the nursery, she found a book waiting for her. The children were sleeping, so she sat in the rocking chair and read while she enjoyed being near them.

Questing Sex Symbol

User Imagex xUser Image

She walked in to find Drezden only, a bit of surprise at his words, and she concluded that he did not in fact look at all like a lord. Kain had shown her that. Rohesia took a breath to prepare herself. "Thanks. I only hope you can continue being proud after I tell you my report..." she added a little quieter, before moving on to the business of telling him all that had happened. "Vorlander Solaris has come under suspicion from the Families. His offices have been closed down in LaMarche by Kain Ecanis," she decided to start with what the result of her work was. "He found in them documents that detail and prove Vorlander's dealings in various illegal activities as well as information Vorlander had told him that he did not have... information on Slade's port. That is all that happened after I became involved." She held up a finger for her point, then dropped her hands to her sides before crossing them.

Comfortable, she continued, "When I was in the office, I had hidden myself in the ventilation system, from there I spied Vorlander moving a wall to lead down into a separate and underground room, so I followed him. In there, he met with someone I could not see and could not place, but the two spoke as if they were familiar with each other. They spoke of planning something to come. The limitation of Vorlander to take care of, and whatever it is they have planned, starting... so..." she scratched the back of her head, giving a squint as she tried to think of a nice way to put this. "I repeated this before Lord Ecanis when he was to sentence me for a crime I did to his brother. He had me show them this office. Vorlander had been sent into the port to bargain for a cease-fire treaty and while he was away, they've discovered quite a bit to begin to distrust him." She rocked back on her heels, then leaned forward with a shrug.

"The good news, I have been pardoned. The bad news, I probably ruined his life in the process. I can't take all the credit though, if it weren't for my ridiculously long hair or my mouth, I would not have gone through that last part." Rohesia grinned a little unsure, pointing to her face as she waited for Drezden's reaction, expecting a bit of a backlash if anything.

Rohesia, is there a problem? ;; here is my body, in The Shade hall and we speak, Master Drezden. . .

Dangerous Genius

User Image
Drezden
The Shade
User Image

Current Location: The Shade's Guild Hall (Corralis Mountains)
Speaking With: Rohesia Malle

"So you were caught." That wasn't precisely ideal. A member of The Shade, especially The Seven, was not supposed to be caught unless that was part of their plan. They were meant to be elite assassin's and spies. Invisible to everyone unless they chose not to be... In that regard, Rohesia had failed. But from it came a new handful of opportunities and possible information. "Tell me more about the illegal activities Vorlander was involved in."

He was curious to know as much about Vorlander Solaris as possible. The man was by far the fastest growing name in business of all time. In all the history books, tomes, and scrolls, none had ever risen quite as quickly as Vorlander. The man had emerged from seemingly nowhere, and one year later, he was already one of the most famous people in Drathia.

The more the Guilds learned about him, the better. And the quicker they learned it, the safer.

Questing Sex Symbol

User Imagex xUser Image

That grin fell. "Yes," Rohesia stated and left it at that, she could make up for it later by becoming better rather than offering a lame excuse. "Some men he made deals with disappeared, so I heard. I had a look at some of the documents he had as Kain looked over them, there is proof of that in Ecanis' hands. Underworld trading, smuggling illegal substances such as poisons, drinks, drugs and weapons, and selling on the black market," she listed what she remembered and she couldn't quite forget any of it due to Kain's outburst at the finding of it all. That had impressed it further into her. She told what she had read over his shoulder as best as she could.

She laced her hands behind her back when she finished. The report hadn't been as bad as she had thought, so far, unless he told her everything that she had found was entirely useless or way off the point of her mission.

Rohesia, is there a problem? ;; here is my body, in The Shade hall and we speak, Master Drezden. . .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff