Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Ogden (Cavandia)
Speaking With: Victor Thornias

"Any place that uses currency, Victor, is going to take our coin. Mahimā Kṣētra is the only country that doesn't accept coin, because they barter by trading goods and labor. But here, they still use gold, silver, and copper coins as currency... Our coins may have a different print on them, but they're still good... Better than." He explained.

The man at the shop quirk in eyebrow. "What are you two yammering on about? You want a map or not?"

"My apologies, sir. My apprentice here was inquiring about the currency of Cavandia."

"Has he lived under a rock his whole life? How doesn't he know about using coin?"

Crowley chuckled. He found it ironic that Victor, who was previously from a very rich family, was being treated like he had no idea how to use coin. Though his question was fair and understandable, the shopkeeper had every reason to be condescending. "No, friend. We're from Drathia."

"Well I'll be damned. You have Drathian coin?"

"Aye. We do."

"Well which map would you like?" He perked up and a smile adorned his face.

Crowley knew what Drathian coin meant here. It was a rare thing to see, thus it was worth more than their currency, and their currency would be worth more in Drathia for a time until trade was properly reestablished again. "Two maps of the whole country of Cavandia... please."

The shopkeeper pulled two maps out from beneath the desk and unrolled them, then rolled them back up and handed them to Crowley. "Here are two Dorian Coppers." He tossed two copper coins etched with the symbol of House Dorian onto the counter and the man scooped them up and looked at them with awe. "Thank you for your business." Those two copper coins, if sold quickly, would earn him at least ten gold coins.

Crowley spun on his foot and walked away. "Now... Let's go find an Inn so I can send this map off to The Speaker."

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: Solomon Crowley

Victor nodded and followed Crowley to wherever the Inn area was. He was still a little in shock that Drathian money was worth more than Cavandian simply because Drathia money wasn’t seen often. It would make travel expenses simple, especially since it seemed like a gold piece could get them halfway across the continent.

He was curious if there was a teleportation grid here as well, it was almost necessary in Drathia if you wanted a message sent quickly or needed to get somewhere without delay. The Families of power had one and Victor had a suspicion that there was a Guild Network. But he didn’t ask nor did he want to find out at the moment, he was taking in the atmosphere.

The people here seemed very happy with their lives, there did not seem to be any strife or oppression here, just peace. He knew they had a democratic system based on the lgends of Cavandia that still existed, unlike Drathia which fully embraced a feudal system.

“Master, I know we are meant to establish contact with the Guilds, but how are we going to find them? Wouldn’t they be as secret as the ones in Drathia?

Victor could see the Inn and he was also extremely curious as to how Crowley was going to send the letter. Another Portal Weave? Victor really wanted to learn how to use one but he still thought it was too complicated for him. He was content just to Sense things again, it was like having a limb reattached after having lost it…

User Image

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: The Port
Speaking With: No One

Slade was deep in his secret chambers focusing on Amplifae, he was gathering more and more magic to store in the objects so he would be well prepared for the invasion. The ships of the tribes had been seen on the horizon, they’d be arriving within a day he hoped. He had summoned a wind that would give them added speed, he needed to launch his attack quickly. Kostro was off causing chaos in Amick and LeMarche which is what he needed.

In Dorian Elle and Droston Coradon were getting married, and many of the Families had gone to witness the celebration. It would almost have been too easy for Slade to go in disguise and then obliterate the city, but he wanted something far grander.

With the Lady Lodricar at the wedding LeMarche did not have its leader, and Amick was surely going to suffer with Kostro terrorizing the leaders of the military. The Hive was complete and waiting for the dangerous new Manticores, he had the women of the Port almost dripping with excitement of serving their Overlord, and the sword he had promised was complete. He himself had helped in the forging but using his magic to enhance its properties, making the metal condensed, and heating it to the point ALL impurities disappeared. It almost was a twin for Slade’s.

The soldiers were awaiting to leave and the East Port was ramping up its production of new ships for Slade. He may have lost the barrier but he would show the Families just what happens when you piss off the Overlord.

For now though, he must wait until the fleet arrived from the South, then he would unleash all his power on Amick, and crush Lord Viridian…

Romantic Lover

User Image
apprentice Rohesia, is there a problem? ;; here is my body, in Serith and we speak, Katerina. Guildmaster, Katerina, Leto....

Rohesia's eyes throughout the dinner could have started fires and melted the man's face--her true self being thrown out before Katerina throwing her off yet she had made a move to bash his face in and yet she fell back into a seated position at the sight of the viper. Her concern for Katerina held her back along with his cutting words of being nothing more than an apprentice when he was a man possessing a human body. The conversation between him and Katerina was listened to and watched in silence. She regretted it, because the more he talked, the more she wanted to drive a dagger into his throat to shut him up. They all split after "business" was spoken of and she, she merely sat there with her hand gripping her mace and the other a piece of meat that had no taste.

"Well, s**t."

- - -

She had been invited back to the room in which they were to sleep together in, but Rohesia couldn't return so quickly to Katerina's company. Not that she was running away once being found out, she merely needed some time alone. Unfortunately, that time spanned three days. A lot happened in those days and she hoped that none of it had happened to Katerina. Her stay in Serith had mostly been taken on the streets and the brothels with warm beds. Leto hadn't been seen out of his room, Katerina had been spotted once or twice and Rohesia kept her distance from them. Her eyes, however, were always on the lookout. Her ears were pressed against doors and wide open for any happenings--especially for something related to the Syndicate. The good little apprentice had sent off a letter to her guild and its masters, short and to the point, about Leto Fenring. She included their current location and his plans, minus a Drake.

Rohesia spotted Katerina the moment she entered the inn. The first time through the front door since that night and she gathered that the young woman waited for Leto or herself to show up. A sigh of relief at this sight, because then, she could still tag along with her. Every fiber of her called for Leto to die, to be stopped and to free whomever it was he had trapped though she also could not leave alone or let Katerina make such a deal with a man. She was going to have to play along to watch them both.

"What are you doing? Just sitting here isn't going to help you get what you want, or are you still thinking? If it's to run, then do it, if it isn't... then let me come with you," she approached Katerina's side, her gaze sweeping down for that little fox at her feet. She held out her hand and motioned with her fingers for her to either take it, or follow.

They would be going up to Leto's room.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Amick (Castiel's Private Quarters)
Speaking With: Aine Aiyana

"I've never performed a mercy killing before. I've carried out the death sentence, I've fought and killed criminals and kidnappers." Castiel was distraught to say the least. But he was a warrior and a leader, no matter how bad he wanted to, he couldn't cry. "But today I killed a respected general and a friend. He begged for it. Something about seeing a friend in that much pain is..." He couldn't find the word.

He rolled over in his bed again, turning his back to Aine. "Just go. Leave me alone." Being alone hardly seemed to be comforting, even to him. But it's what he wanted and it's what he felt he needed. He closed his eyes and saw the limbless body if his general sittng on his thrown, cover in blood, puss, and tears. The General's sobs and the image of his broken body haunted the darkness beneath Castiel's eyelids.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Ogden
Speaking With: Victor Thornias

"Well, that is going to be the tough part. The Guilds out here are fairly new compared to the Guilds in Drathia. They were established only ninety years before the blockade went up, whereas the Guilds in Drathia were there for hundred and hundreds of years before." Crowley recalled what the Speaker had told him. "But we know of their last known locations and Guilds are not likely to move around... So we start there." He pointed to an unmarked location in the southern region of the Mountain Range called The Step.

"It's unmarked on this map, but there was once a small secret settlement there known as The Secret Step. It was home to a Guild called The Legion... Excellent warriors who, as far as we know, do not use magic but are still a nightmare to face in battle... It could be that they are still there." Crowley yanked his jacket off and tossed it over his shoulder. The weather out here was hot and the body heat within the clustered inn did little to help that. "But we need to find some horses first."

Romantic Lover

User Image
squire Terrowin, what demands attention? Capture by Slade in Drathia -- Port. . .

After the destruction of a certain fleet of ships, he and his Legionnaire were left in the port. The port of the Overlord. Terrowin was without questions, he cleaned and carried his equipment, fetched and obeyed, listened and learned--followed him to his death. The dark-haired male stepped off the boat onto the docks after the other and the two never returned to reclaim it.

Worn and traveled boots scraped along the hard, cold stone as he was pulled from his slumber. It wasn't much of one, considering he'd been beaten in the head until he fell. His arms were taken by two men as his tired body was dragged somewhere a bit lighter than where he had been before, but not any more pleasant. The consciousness he barely held on to in their journey, he saw the Legionnaire he had accompanied bound and pushed forward to follow after his worse for wear Squire. The older man clung to life more readily than the one under his wing did; he had allowed his impulses to take over and got himself in a bit of trouble which would be why he looked so bruised and cut up--his traveling companion, his master, savior, for these past months probably realized how much of it was a mistake to bring him. Terrowin would have sneered at these thoughts and sent a big gesture up at his face for daring to even think that and look at him, if it were not for the dried blood and the pain that he felt.

Pockets emptied of Cavandian coin, the task they were to carry out a failure with a capture by the very people they were meant to avoid... oh, they were dead. Terrowin had just expected it to come months earlier.

He was dropped suddenly and fell on his back, craning his neck to get an upside view of where the men who had been taking were going off. It wasn't like there was anywhere to escape to, perhaps surrounded by guards and in a hallway of some building that he couldn't hope to navigate at this time successfully. He'd just lie there and... "Get up," one of them ordered and gave him a motivator in the ribs.

Ouch, Terrowin wasn't a fan. Forced to his feet and then nearly thrown from them again as the armed man giving the orders yanked him by the stained shirt--having been stripped of armor and weaponry a long time ago--and brought him further into the strange building. He could only assume there was a giant pit deep below that he'd be thrown into.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: Terrowin

Slade had teleported to his chambers to eat when a guard burst in saying “My Overlord, Cavandians have arrived at the Port. They were armed and were apprehended. They are heading to the interrogation dungeons as we speak.

Slade almost killed the guard for intruding but the message saved the man’s life, Cavandians, on Slade’s shores? Intriguing, “Bring them to the throne room, now. Empty it of the audience.”

Yes my Lord.”

Slade dressed in his armor and cloak and then made his way to the throne room. He had just finished sitting down and finishing his appearance when the doors opened and two men were half dragged, half forced into the throne room.

One was much older had a certain calmness about him, the other was younger by far and seemed to have a certain… flame about him. The guards surrounded the two of them and kept their weapons drawn while the manipulator guards kept their magic at the ready.

Slade rose from his throne and spoke to the two of them, “I am Overlord Slade, ruler of this land. Why have you come to my City? To Kill Me? Speak the truth and maybe I may let you live.”

Demonic Lover

User Image
Aine Aiyana
Speaking with: Castiel Viridian

Aine leaned against the wall next to the window, her arms crossed over her chest as she watched and listened to Castiel. Hearing him and the pain that was in his voice… Dammit! Since when did I develop a conscience and empathy?! Part of her wanted to just turn around and climb back out the window like he wanted, but there was something else that kept her from listening to him- and it wasn’t just her usual rebellious nature when it came to being given orders. The idea of leaving him alone like that actually…bothered her.

She pushed herself off the wall and moved around the bed so she could see his face and sat down next to his knee. “The word on the streets is that I’m married to you, so I think that gives me a the choice of exercising a liberty or two…” She turned and looked at him. “Castiel, I don’t know what you’re going through. I’ve never had to perform that act of mercy, more or less on a friend. I don’t have any friends. I think you’re the closest I’ve had, so excuse me if I’m not very good at this…”

She looked towards his closet and sighed. “I’m sorry you lost a friend and someone I am guessing was a great mentor to you. I’m sorry you have to experience this pain. If I could take it from you…I would. I’m not good at expressing emotions other than anger or rage, but I would take the pain from you if I could, if for no other reason than I’d be able to turn it into rage and help you hunt down whoever caused this pain in you to begin with. I know Lord Viridian has to be strong, but it’s good to let Castiel out once in a while. I’d take that pain so you could be Castiel for a little while. Castiel lost a friend and should be allowed to express it.”

She sighed and turned, giving him a half grin. “Don’t make any sudden movements. I don’t want to shock you.” She grinned and leaned over, placing a soft kiss to his temple like she remembered her mother doing when she was younger and crying. It had eased something and made her feel a little better. Castiel had memories of her mother too, so she hoped it would help him feel a little better.

She felt that telltale tingle at the back of her neck just as her lips touched his hair, and it quickly raced around to her lips. She felt the little static charge on her lips before she pulled back and grinned. She didn’t want to be accused of assault again. “Now I’ll leave Lord Viridian be. I am sorry for you loss Castiel. I’m sure you can find me if you need to be Castiel for a little while.” She stood. "Can I get anything for you before I go?"

User Image
Katerina Drake

Speaking With: Rohesia

Sitting at her usual table with a zeroed in shot at the door, Katerina ate yet another meal in silence. She was really, really getting tired of this. Living in the Drake castle, Katerina never had to wait long for anything; if she wanted her bed warmed, hot coals would be placed; if she wanted to go out riding, the horse was of her choosing with little hesitation, even if it was someone else's horse; and dammit if she wanted to see someone specific they were sent to her right away!

Katerina bit her tongue for the language that began forming in her mind. She was suppose to be a true lady of the Drakes, that's what she was raised to become. But ever since she first ran off with Rohesia that early morning, Katerina started to notice a new side of her starting to come around, a side that she didn't know she had, and wasn't sure if she liked it or not at this point.

And just then, a figure with a striking hair of flames walked in. Katerina looked up and suddenly her heart skipped a beat, or maybe two. She couldn't believe it, Rohesia was walking right up to her. This was either going to be a good day with news of a travel companion once again or a bad day with confirming news of a short-lived friend paying their respects in a goodbye.

"What are you doing? Just sitting here isn't going to help you get what you want, or are you still thinking? If it's to run, then do it, if it isn't... then let me come with you." Katerina wasn't sure what to say. Was she serious? Did Rohesia really want to help a Drake such as herself? But she's still a Guild Member. How can I learn to trust her again?...You don't have to learn, you just have to.Katerina realized that if she wanted any help (and gods know she needed it) then she was going to have to tolerate other's differences, even if those differences might make it technically against the Drathian Laws of the Families. Father will surely hang me or lock me away in my room forever if he ever found out... But no, Katerina knew what she wanted, and those were answers. She would learn to overlook Rohesia's and Leto's...unique pasts and lifestyles.

When Rohesia held out her hand and motioned with her fingers for her to either take it, or follow, Katerina froze up. She never had to make seemingly simple decisions like this before. So instead, she looked down at her plate and played with her food, a rather childish habit of hers to avoid decision making. "It's been days. I thought you weren't coming back, I thought you might be too scared of me to show your face after that little truth of yours was revealed." She didn't care to talk too much about those things Stilgar had said at their table a few days prior. Besides, Katerina only wanted Rohesia to feel a little guilty, not enough so to make her walk out.

Rohesia still stood by, waiting for any form of an answer or conversation starter. "Would you care to sit next to me?" Rohesia sat and waited, the silence from her seemed unnatural, Katerina preferred it when her companion talked, it made everything more calming when someone talked. "You're right, sitting here isn't doing too much to help me. And i'm not thinking anymore. My mind is set. I'm going to find Stilgar, or Leto, whomever that man prefers to be called, and i'm going to see what his terms would be if I did take that offer of a partnership. Though i'm quite sure it won't turn out as one in the end with him being a bad enough man as is, no question... but what he said he could offer me...I have to find out how he thinks he can help me. I don't believe it, but i'm curious." Katerina looks up from her plate and into Rohesia's deep eyes. "We have to find him Rohesia, but I don't know how. He never said where I could meet him again and i'm clearly new to this whole 'out in the world on your own' thing because I don't know how on earth to find him and all I can think of doing to help is eating here every blasted day and night!...I'm sorry, I don't prefer to be alone on travel and it's starting to show. When I start to feel nervous or unsheltered, my temper tends to get the best of me.

"So, if you really did come here to join me once more, does that mean we can be... friends? Now that we know the secret of who the other one is, I find the term 'friend' a rather respectful fit." Now it was Katerina who held out her hand, "Rohesia, so long as you never leave my side for such a length of time again, will you promise to act as my body guard, become my travel companion once more, and be my friend whom I can trust with my life? I need all the help I can get, and with you by my side, we can act like an unstoppable team...Rohesia, not only do I need you, but I truly would appreciate having you by my side." Her hand was still held out and she started to laugh with giggles. "This would be a good time to shake my hand. I'm starting to feel silly holding it out like this." Yes, Katerina knew she was going to be just fine with someone by her side once more.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: Solomon Crowley

“Well if you want to send the map off to the Speaker, I’ll handle getting the horses. Victor was actually hoping Crowley would agree to that. It would be nice for Victor to have some time just sprawling along the city, exploring and eventually getting the horses.

Plus he could used the Conduit and see if the training he had been getting was paying off. He could see if making a horse keeper extremely happy and satisfied would let him drop the price, or if Victor projected his emotion of satisfaction and good feeling as Victor spoke a price, would then man take it?

He was curious and eager to explore, and he was desperate to get out of the Inn, it was boiling…

User Image

Romantic Lover

User Image
squire Terrowin, what demands attention? Capture by Slade in Drathia -- Port, Throne Room. . .

Terrowin found himself on his knees, surrounded by guards armed with blades and magic, his master standing as calm as can be at his side. In front of them, there was Slade. He watched him rise from his throne and address them with a hint at letting them live for the truth. His eyes slid from the overlord to the legionnaire who remained silent and focused straight ahead. Stubborn old man kept his chapped lips shut tight. Just not when Terrowin opened his mouth.

"Sight-seeing, mostly. We're very interested in ships," he said and carefully regarded the stances of those surrounding him before he attempted to stand up properly. "You seem to be missing some, Overlord."

Terrowin would rather not be stabbed, but he was prepared to get a few good hits from anyone in the room already. He'd been robbed of his tiny little knives and had thin cloth covering him, damage would be done. Speaking with Slade, actually, he was rather curious how his end was going to come about. Legionnaire Bob wasn't pleased, he had more wrinkles about his sun-damaged face than ever before.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: Terrowin

Slade smiled slightly at the flippant tone of the younger one. This could be promising if things turned out the way he wanted. With a gesture the older male was lifted into the air, his lungs suddenly not getting oxygen.

“I see, well since you seem to be the talker, let me make something clear. For every sarcastic comment, for every wrong answer, I will inflict pain on your master. That is, unless you wish to bow and call me Master, and have power beyond your wildest dreams…”

He let the comment hang in the air, just like the master as he slowly choked to death…

Romantic Lover

User Image
squire Terrowin, what demands attention? Capture by Slade in Drathia -- Port, Throne Room. . .

"Let me think of a few more. Better make these good if they're going to be the last thing this man hears," Terrowin crossed his arms as he looked at his teacher. For half a year, he traveled and learned from him--learned how much he disliked the old fool. Sure, he taught him something useful and things he did truly enjoy, but it wasn't enough to garner some actual likeability. He grinned at the ever fading life beside him.

"Letting me live would be enough, but oooh, power? Call me a traitor." Legionnaire Bob was struggling in the air, his feet dangling and moving about. He was starting to get awfully less twitchy as time went on.

"O great and wonderful master Slade, do take this humble man and give him the terribly desired power you speak of," he said and gave that wanted bow mockingly. His eyes up at the supposed lord. Terrowin was not at all serious, he wasn't interested in this offer. At least, not yet. Was he going to kill him or make it interesting? "Yawn."

Romantic Lover

User Image
apprentice Rohesia, is there a problem? ;; here is my body, in Serith and we speak, Katerina. Dealing with Leto, Looking for Victor.

She couldn't have gone off and told Katerina that she was sending word to her guild or that she was testing the Drake's loyalty to the law of the land and the families of power--it seemed Rohesia wasn't going to be put to death by this Drake, so she accepted the hand that was held out to her along with the status of friendship. Her foot kicked back her chair and she stood up. "Of course. If you promise not to kill me, I'll gladly watch your back for you," she said with a grin, giving her a squeeze of the hand. Thinly veiled anger. Rohesia thought it best to move along before she let slip something she'd regret. Her grip went up Katerina's arm and she pulled the girl close to speak into her ear. It merely looked as intimacy to onlookers, if there were any.

"He's been in his room all these three days, as far as I can tell. But he's possessing another man's body. If you're going to associate yourself with him, you better be damn careful. I don't want harm to come to you or anyone else because of him, but especially you. That's why I've come back, do you understand?" her voice was low to keep the content of their conversation between them. She glanced down at her fingers curling around the fabric of her arm and the other placed upon her shoulder, then reestablished eye contact. "From now on, I'll always be upfront with you, you can trust me. You cannot believe he will give you anything. Ever."

Rohesia let her hands slip from the lady. She brushed the mess of red hair back from her shoulders and turned to leave. Her steps taking her over to the stairs, she paused at them with her hand on the post to look back for Katerina. Blood pounding in her ears, she had to look like she knew what she was doing--and she sort of did, but mostly, she was concerning herself with how the Drake would take it and what Leto would do to her. He was part of the Syndicate in the past, and who was he really? A man that knew many secrets of her guild and employed them for possession of another man's body--why? Her gut just told her it was bad, wrong and terrible.

Nevermind the fact that her guild supposedly ordered Katerina's kidnapping in the past, that had been before Rohesia, and she needed to focus on the present and their future. Hopefully, it didn't end with a loss of an astral body battle or a couple of rotting corpses in Wendigo Plains.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff