Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Current Location: Hardloft (Sapphire Mine)
Speaking With: Victor Thornias

Kelevra waited outside the entrance of the mine, hidden. He'd seen Victor and his master go inside... But he jumped at the sound of the massive roar. Then it was followed by another, and another, and then a few more. Soon the ground was shaking as if there was a stampede and Kelevra wasn't sure whether to run in or to run away.

There were more roars when suddenly Victor and his master flew out of the entrance, and behind them was an unconscious werewolf... What the ********?

Kelevra thought that was the end of it until he heard, “Master! Collapse the entrance!” come out of Victor's mouth. There were more roars and guttural breaths as what sounded like a plethora of werewolves made their way to the exit.

Victor's master stood and dropped the Threads that were probably only visible to Kelevra's eye, thanks to The Black... And then they melted, shattered, vaporized. There was another wave of terror, which Kelevra shrugged off... And apparently, so did the werewolves heading out of the cave.

Kelevra shot a large Pulse at the cave entrance, collapsing it before any more werewolves coulf make it out. But there were still four of them that were free of the mine, and they were looking to eat. As they had burst from the mine, one of them had knocked Victor's master to the ground, and had him pinned. And Victor was already bleeding from a massive gash in his side.

That left one choice. Kelevra teleported in and withdrew Kostro's old swords...

He cut off the snout of the one that was pinning Victor's master, and then chopped away it's wrists. The beast thrashed and Kelevra kicked it off the man, who scurried to his feet and tried to drop more Threads, but to no avail.

There were three of them that were circling Victor... Kelevra teleported in, grabbing two of them by the fur on their backs, wrapping his legs around the last one, and then looked at Victor. "Run..." And Kelevra teleported back into the mine, bringing the wolves with him...

... Right into the heart of the hive. He heard the entrance to the mine collapse even further, trapping him in... And he began to fight against the three werewolves... But more were coming... He could hear them.

Akikko's Queen

Royal Paradox

User Image

"And the invitations have been received by the Drakes."

"Please stop telling me things. I am going to stab someone in the eye with a fork if I hear another damn thing about this wedding. I have been awake forty ******** minutes and it's all I hear." 

"I apologize."

"Yes, you and half of Dorian. Make yourself useful and fetch me some tea." 

One servant left and another entered. Elle groaned aloud and collapsed back on her bed. "There is no end to them! If there is a hell, it will be filled with an endless flurry of servants telling me silly things!" 

"There is an urgent letter."

Elle sat up and moved her breakfast tray, taking the note from the guard. 

"Oh... Send word to Droston. And have the other families notified as well." The guard nodded and rushed off. In the meantime, Elle Dorian, an elegant and refined young lady of society, stood on her bed and jumped for joy. "AND TAKE THAT, SLADE!" She kicked her tray to the floor with a scream. 

She laughed so hard she cried. She honestly stopped caring at that point. There were several in her doorway trying to figure out if something was actually going on or if the lady of the house had gone mad. Elle finally straightened herself out after her little break from restraint. "I know I'm the most beautiful woman in Drathia but that's no reason to gawk. You have jobs to be done!" Elle clapped her hands twice and hopped down from the bed.

"Much to be done indeed! Fetch my dress, the green one with the ribbon. My ring, as well. Hurry! I have to speak with my brother." 

{ location } • Dorian
                              { speaking to } • none

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image
apprentice Rohesia, is there a problem? ;; here is my body, in streets of Serith and we speak, Katerina Drake, Leto. looking for Victor.

Rohesia was glad that they had been able to use the teleportation grid, and that they had arrived in one piece! Serith was her home, so the girl was right at home, even with a member of a family of power at her side. Thinking of her traveling companion at that moment, she realized the proximity--Katerina was keeping awfully close to her, so close that she bumped her arm against her breast. Or had it been the head of the fox she carried? It didn't matter, for she felt rather good about herself that she continued walking tall and undaunted by the task that was out in front of them to complete. Also, she was hungry. Katerina fed her apples and that was it. They needed a real meal and one as soon as possible. No, she wasn't really thinking about the coin and weight that her companion carried, that was ridiculous.

"So Rohesia, how do you feel about-" she heard her begin and end abruptly at the bump of shoulders. Rohesia spun around on her heel to see her hood fallen, animal dropped and the look on the face of the man that had so rudely run into her. She couldn't say what she really wanted to because of the handsomeness of his face had struck her so quickly, that and she didn't want Katerina to think less of her for yelling obscenities and kicking the man in the rump.

"Something wrong with your eyes? Watch where you're goin'," she narrowed into a glare at him, reaching to take Katerina's arm and continue on with her. Once she was turned away from the man, she looked back to Katerina. "You were saying?" Rohesia asked with an irritated twitch of the brow.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Hardloft (Mine)
Speaking With: Solomon Crowley

“Kelevra…” Victor could barely focus thanks to the amount of pain he was in. Kelevra had just saved their lives, but at what cost? Where had he gone? The werewolf he had captured was still unconscious but Crowley was still on the ground.

He crawled with the blood still coming out of him and the Thread still connected to the Weave dragging the creature with him. He finally got to Crowley’s side and coughed out, “Master, I’m sorry. The Conduit… it was all my fault. Kelevra…”

The Threads Crowley had tied onto him was running out of power, Victor could barely hang onto keeping awake as he struggled to get back to his feet. The mission had gone so wrong, so quickly. He had succeeded in getting a werewolf, but what was the price to pay for it? Did Kelevra die? What had happened to his friend.

These questions were running through his head when he felt his face pale and spots began flickering in his vision. He needed a healer, now.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Current Location: The Chantry
Speaking With: Victor Thornias & Istariel Wyant

"You're about to hate me, Victor." Crowley was finally able to get over the terror that Victor had amplified, and he dropped a thread, charging it with all the anger he could until it was burning hot. Even though it was invisible, it was so intensely hot that the air around it rippled. He pressed it into Victor's wounds, cauterizing it to stop the bleeding for now.

There was still a living werewolf thrashing on the ground nearby. Kelevra LeCarde had maimed it, cutting away it's snout and wrists. Crowley pushed the hot Thread into it's eyes and into it's brain, getting a sick sense of satisfaction as it's brain boiled and it slowly died. "We need to get your to a healer. Hold on for a few minutes."

Crowley set an Activation Thread into a weave he kept around him, and a moment later it glowed blue. "Alright. She's ready... The Speaker has formed a Portal Weave... I'm going to Weave one now, and we'll go through and bring the werewolf. There will be a healer waiting on the other side."

Crowley got to work immediately, Weaving the Portal Weave as fast as he possibly could. Each one usually took ten minutes to Weave, but he didn't have that long. He put it together as fast as possible, cutting that time down to three minutes before grabbing Victor and tossing him in, and then tossing the unconscious werewolf in, followed by the dead one, and then he jumped in after.

... He landed in an auditorium within the lower levels of The Chantry. He wasn't hurt too badly, except for a scratch on his arm and a bite on his lower stomach. He would be fine. He was more worried about Victor. Victor wasn't even standing, but Crowley was still feeling strong. A little tired, but still feeling good.

Interesting Businessman

Leto Fenring

User Image
Current Location: Serith
Speaking With: Katerina and Rohesia

Leto accidently bumped into two ladies when he was walking and could barely contain his surprise about who they were. Katerina Drake… and Rohesia of the Syndicate. What luck…
He knew Katerina Drake but she would never know him, especially now that he was in a new body with a new voice. Ahhh the memory of the encounter was one he would never forget. It was one of his first missions as a full-fledged member of the Syndicate, a Wolf Brother. His mission had been one to remind the Drake Family that they served the people, and that they were not untouchable.

Several of the Drake advisors had been using their political influence to affect the Lord Drake’s decisions on certain things to make life increasingly difficult for those of less fortunate status. It got to the point where the Syndicate felt action must be taken. So they sent Leto to remind the Drakes of what they stood for.

He went to Lusca and over the course of a week, learned the young Katerina Drake’s schedule and finally, kidnapped her after bribing a guard. The mission details were clear, the girl was not to be harmed and would be released after the Drake’s politicians were put under pressure and made a mistake. The plan worked beautifully by revealing the level of corruption in those advisors who tried to cover up the fact that they were hiring men to smuggle in certain drugs to the city. Including Feverform, the very poison used on Katerina…

So yes, he knew Katerina very well and had kept tabs on her over the years to see how she was doing, she had grown up since that event and seemed to have matured into a bright young woman. Although that would be seen shortly, Leto had an idea.

As for Rohesia he didn’t know the girl that well. He knew that she was an apprentice in the Guild but when he was exiled he had not known where she was or what she had learned. But her master was a good man, Leto had respected him and had worked with him once. He could only hope that Rohesia had picked up some of the man’s qualities. He wondered what she was doing here, especially with a Drake, a sworn enemy of the Guilds.

He wondered if Katerina knew the truth about Rohesia. In fact, he could see a game where Katerina would find out the truth. He s bowed deeply and said “I apologize ladies, it was entirely my fault. Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Stilgar, of the House Fenring. Please allow me to buy you ladies lunch, at any inn of your choosing. I insist.”

Yes… this would work nicely into his plans… A Guild member of the Syndicate who was impressionable to his will could be… formidable.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image

Crowley was right, Victor really did hate him as he pressed the Thread into his side and cauterizing the wound. It stopped bleeding but he knew he had lost a lot of blood, he couldn’t focus at all and when he was tossed through the Portal Weave or whatever he called it, Victor just moaned a little when he landed.

The pain was excruciating and he was on his back, on stone it felt like. He couldn’t really tell but he was drifting in and out of consciousness as he saw a werewolf fly through the portal, and then another one, this one dead…

So they had succeeded in bringing the werewolf back to the Chantry. The first mission had been a success… to a point. Victor saw Crowley jump through and said, Master, we did it.”

He saw someone coming towards him but his vision was fading but the individual was a healer. He didn’t know what they did but suddenly he felt much better, he didn’t know if it was Healing magic or Weaving but at this point he didn’t care. The pain was retreating and he was finally able to sit up and get to his feet again.

He took one look at his clothes and saw that they were covered in blood and realized just how close to death he had come. He looked at Crowley and bowed his head, “Thank you for saving me Master.” And he meant it…

And that's when he remembered Kelevra. "Kelevra! We have to save him!"

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: Victor Thornias & Istariel Wyant

Crowley looked at Victor with sympathy. When Gilia had been killed, it was nothing to Crowley. But Kelevra had saved their lives at the cost of his own. Crowley actually felt like the world had lost something good. "Victor... We can't. This Portal is one way. By the time we worked another and had the exit sent back to Hardloft, it would be too late."

That was always a flaw in Weaving. It was effective beyond reason... If you had the time. If not, it was nearly useless. And this time it was going to eat away at Victor. It even ate away at Crowley, knowing there was nothing he could do in time to help Kelevra.

"I'm sorry..."

"Kelevra? What happened?" Istariel asked.

"He saved our lives... I'll tell you about it after I rest."

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Speaking With: No One

Victor crumpled when he heard that and this time, he began to pass out as the stress of the situation finally sunk in. As he collapsed onto the ground he heard someone shout and then… silence. His body was completely limp but his mind was still working, he could think and he could retreat into his consciousness…

Kelevra was gone, he had saved Victor’s life and Crowley’s at the cost of his own. Victor was responsible for another death of someone he cared about. The Guilt was overwhelming but there was nothing he could do.

The mental landscape he was in was grey and mist filled, like the time Ariel had worked her weave to separate Victor and Rotciv. Except this time, Victor was in control and he was unconscious because apparently he needed to be. As he walked he let his emotions flood in but kept the Conduit under control.

You killed me.” A voice whispered from behind him. It was a ghostly image of Kelevra, and he wasn’t alone. Gilia was there, his parents, and all the others who had died because of him…

You betrayed me.

You’re a monster.”

“You’re a curse.”

I never should have loved you.

You doomed the world.

You are not fit to be our son.”

STOP IT!” Victor couldn’t take it, the guilt was overwhelming. So many people, so many loved ones dead because of him, because a prophecy that he would make a choice. And now he had doomed Drathia because he had made the wrong one.

I never meant to hurt any of you. I cared about all of you, none of you deserved to die.

Then why do you hold onto us? Why torture yourself?” The ghostly images were pressing upon him and demanding an answer. He had to tell the truth.

“Because if I let you go… I have to admit that you’re gone…”

As soon as he said that, the guilt vanished and along with it the specters. The last whisper he heard was, “Accept your fate Victor. Be free…

When he awoke he was in the same room he had been in when he had joined the Chantry. He breathed in and out and found that maybe he had gained some acceptance of what had happened. His mind was clearer and didn't feel like he was weighed down with the monument of his sins...

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Speaking With: None

After carrying Victor to his room, Crowley had returned to his own near the upper levels of The Chantry. The rooms were only slightly bigger up there. But Crowley appreciated the extra space. He passed out as soon as he hit his mattress...

He didn't dream, his mind was blank. The only thing he could feel was the taste of blood in the back of his mouth.

When he woke, the scratch on his arm was merely a scar, and the bite on his stomach was gone entirely. He concluded that someone had taken the liberty to heal him while he had been asleep. He stood... And he felt great. His muscles were limber, and he was full of energy. After his ordeal, he had thought he would need more sleep... But he felt fine. Better than fine.

He headed straight to the training arena outside of the Alabaster Seraph that housed the members. There he began sparring against several of the trainees. They were wielding swords and bows and arrows, and Crowley was putting them all on their backs with just his bare hands. He was catching arrows and stopping blades with nothing more than his hands.

Whoever had healed him had done a damn fine job. He felt better than he ever had.

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image
Current Location: Amick
Speaking With: Aine Aiyana

"You were fetched because a ship sailed by here not too long ago. One of Slade's blockade ships... Lannister wasn't joking. The blockade has fallen." Castiel smiled. It was a victory not just for the Families, but for everyone. This meant that Slade would have to reform the blockade, but by that time, trade with Cavandia will have already been reestablished.

Castiel was going to personally see to it that a fleet of ships patrolled the waters just outside The Port, and he would man them with some of the best Physical and Magical Manipulators in all of Amick. He already had a handful of them picked out. It would make it tough for Slade to destroy them with his current fleet, and if things went well, Castiel's own ships could keep the ships being built in The Port down to a safe number.

Zero sounds like a safe number.

"Anyway, Aine. I would like to celebrate with you tonight. We'll be holding a feast in celebration... I'd like you to join be at my table. If you would like?"

Divine Muse

User Image
Aine Aiyana
Speaking with: Lord Viridian

She had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep her own grin from spreading until it made her face hurt. It had little to nothing to do with the news he had delivered. Granted, she understood that the blockade coming down was wonderful news, but it the smile on his own face that was making her want to almost laugh. He looked like he had just one a new toy.

Aine hadn’t thought Lannister would joke about something like that. Castiel saw the disrespectful peasant who didn’t know his place. Others saw someone who knew what his people were capable of, and Aine highly doubted that all dragons were the size of a housecat like Lannister’s Nebula was…Then again, you get a large enough swarm of them after the ships and it would be like ants ripping the flesh from a carcass to take back to their queen.

His reasons for having her brought here though…That stunned her into silence for a moment. She remembered to not let her jaw drop, though her lips did part slightly before her teeth snapped shut to keep her from saying something that would probably get her into trouble. Are you kidding? was the first thought she had, but she doubted that would be appreciated.

It would be almost too easy for Castiel to read her thought processes as she weighed the pros and cons of accepting his invitation…Though, in the end she knew her newly discovered grandmother was waiting to pounce her the moment she got back. If she stayed, she’d be having to step on eggshells in Castiel’s company. Granted, she wasn’t going to bow and scrape, but she was less likely to strangle Castiel than her grandmother.

Aine did smile this time. A real one that seemed to transform her entire demeanor. “I’d be delighted, Lord Viridian. Thank you.”

Dangerous Genius

User Image

User Image

Current Location: The Port
Speaking With: Overlord Slade

"You sent for me?" Kostro strolled up to Slade. He'd seen the Blockade ship in the harbor, torn to pieces by... he didn't know what could have done it. Perhaps an orgy of Leviathans had destroyed the ships in order to make room for their breeding grounds... But Slade was so angry he was practically steaming, and it was clear by his malice that it wasn't just a piece of the blockade... The whole damn thing had fallen.

"Something about a mission, I was told..." And Kostro was excited for it. He had already picked out the trainees for Slade's new Hand, but he hadn't yet began training them. He was testing where their abilities were when he had been called to Slade. Needless to say, there was a lot of work to be done.

They were handpicked by Kostro, so they were already some of the finest recruits... But they were far from perfect. They were talented marksmen, but Kostro wouldn't be happy until they could shoot an arrow dead center, then split that arrow by shooting another, and then split that arrow with another shot, and so on... Without magic.

They were skilled swordsmen as well, especially the two girls Kostro had chosen. They were nimble and quick, and they were gorgeous. He doubted they would even need all their skill. They could simply cozy up to their targets and put a knife in their backs before their targets lost their erections... But still, they were deadly... However, Kostro would not be happy until they were perfect killers.

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image

Victor spent some time just thinking about things in his room before deciding that he needed to explore the Chantry a bit. Last time he had been taken straight to the Speaker and had had little time to see anything. He exited his room and found he was in one room of many, a dormitory? He had no idea where to go so he made his way down, figuring that he would eventually reach a level where he could get a sense of direction.

It took him a little while but eventually he made his way to a training arena of sorts outside the massive statue. He had had an amusing run in with a booby trap Weave that had left his face resolutely purple no matter what he did to remove the color… he’d have to ask Crowley for help.

Speaking of which he saw his master fighting against trainees and saw that he was moving with a grace and speed that Victor had never seen, nor heard of. The man was catching arrows with his bare hands, blocking blades with his palm. He had never known a man capable of doing that, Guild member or otherwise.

Striding up to his master he said, That was incredible. I’ve never seen someone move that way before.” Crowley looked exceptionally healthy, whoever had patched him up after the werewolf encounter was a truly skilled healer. If only Victor could say the same, he had an inkvine scar running down his side now… And a purple face to boot…

Interesting Businessman

User Image

User Image
Current Location: The Port
Speaking With: Kostro

“Kostro…” Slade just said his name as he considered the possibilities of his next move. With the barrier gone he was sure that the cities that had access to the sea would immeaditly start sending ships to Cavandia to reestablish contact. That could not be stopped. It would take months to rebuild the fleet and with the impending invasion he did not have time to refocus his efforts on defense. He would need to move first, but in a way no one would see coming.

His rage was great, more than what it had been when he had lost Andraste and far more than when he had been forced back from Dorian. But he had a plan, and it would buy him the time he needed to finish preparations for the war.

“I want you to go to LeMarche and Amick and kill the admirals and captains of their fleets, burn the ships if you can. Take whatever you need from the armory and apothecary. Whatever it takes, do it. I want them dead.” He knew his appearance was one of rage, he couldn’t control it. He was furious at this turn of events and the fact that he still had no idea what had caused it.

“This must be done quickly, I have no doubt that the Families may become emboldened by this turn of events. They must fail. Cripple them Kostro. But kill no civilians if you can, we mustn’t let the Families have more propaganda…”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff