User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

owner | oh deers
                            inspiration | fairytales, my imagination
                            genre | medieval, fantasy, romance, drama
                            literacy | lazy-lit, two-three paragraphs

Tipsy Nymph

User ImageUser Image

The Kingdom of Aedrium has long been one of the most powerful kingdoms in all of the seven realms. The king and queen there, though human, were two of the greatest rulers the world had ever seen in many ages. They ruled with just and benevolent hands and the powers above blessed them with four handsome sons in reward for their righteousness. When the eldest prince was sixteen years of age, a great party was to be held in all of the prince's honor. From far and wide, people came to celebrate the princes, including the faeries from each of the seven realms who blessed each prince with gifts of bravery and other such things. The celebration lasted an entire month, one week dedicated to each prince. After the romp and pomp had ended, the Kingdom's activities returned to normal and all seemed well in Aedrium.

Five years passed and the great King now lay dying from an incurable illness. The doctors had no idea what plagued the man and so the Kingdom watched as their ruler passed on into the other world. With a heavy heart, Aedrium laid their King to rest. With the King's death, however, came an era of uncertainty as the struggle to decide who would be the next King began. The brothers, who used to all be good friends, turned against one another and fought for the throne, the Kingdom was being torn apart and famine ravaged the lands.

On a stormy night, a lone wanderer ventured up to the castle and pleaded for shelter there, offering up a rusted ring in payment. The prince's, with their cold hearts, turned the man away. Unfortunately, he happened to be a powerful sorcerer who cursed the princes with traits of various animals. This way they would stay until they could find true love.

Distraught at what her sons had become, the Queen shut them in the palace and took up the role as leader. For Five years, she ruled in place of one of her sons, but the sadness had aged her and she too was fading from this world. Determined to get her beloved sons back to their original selves, she devised a plan. She invited five ladies of noble lineage to enter the palace and live there, competing for one of the prince's hands in marriage. It was not only a contest for marriage, but for her son's birthright. For whomever could reverse their curse first, would be crowned King of Aedrium.

Tipsy Nymph

User ImageUser Image

general
                              Follow Gaia's TOS. No cybering, don't even bother taking it to the PMs because that's against the rules. If the clothes come off, time skip, enough said. Be respectful to your fellow roleplayers, please. I'd really like it if everyone could get along and be friends. Of course, your characters can have at each other all that you would like. Blood, guts, violence, if the situation calls for it, then by all means roll with the punches, but please don't get overly descriptive with your gore. I don't need to read about every second of how your character chops off someone's fingers one by one. With that, no godmodding. Making another character do little things shouldn't make anyone complain, it moves things along, however making a character stray from drastically from their personality or killing/maiming without permission is not allowed. Plotting is always good and so is getting to know your fellow roleplayers, so I'd love for everyone to be an active member in the ooc. Plotting is not necessary, but I think talking about possibilities is always fun. And, of course, have fun! We're here to write for the pure joy of it after all, at least I hope you are.

posting
                              Please, please, please be active in this roleplay. I have a life and things I need to do, so I get it if something comes up and you've gotta disappear for a bit. If you know you're going to be gone for an extended period, please let me know so we can find a suitable place to put your character in your absence. If you are unable to continue, please let me know, I won't bite or be upset. I've had to drop out of my fair share of roleplays for various reasons, I get that crap happens. It would just be nice so I can hurry and find a replacement so the roleplay doesn't die, etcetera, etcetera. If you could post at least three times a week, that would be great. I don't think I'm asking too much, no? I forgot to add that when posting, please include at least an image and the name of your character in your post. I would appreciate it if you would use size nine to eleven font and stay away from bright colors that are impossible to read. Thanks.

applying
                              To apply for a spot in this role-play, please head on over to the profiles thread where you will find all you need to know about filling out a reserve and profile as well as the forms to do so. I really love dynamic characters with possibilities for good character development. So, no Gary-Stus or Mary-Stus, please. I also would appreciate it if no two characters were super similar, a few overlaps here and there are fine. In fact, they are good and make character interaction more human. Copycatting is just not cool or creative, so don't do it. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT change the formatting in the profile. I know it looks funny in a PM, but when you post it up in the forums, it looks fine. So, just don't do it, kay?

If I forgot anything, it will be added in color.

Tipsy Nymph

User ImageUser Image
                              User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxEVIANNAxxx THE QUEEN

╰ The queen is rarely seen these days. Her health is failing and she spends most of her time
                              confined to her chambers. She comes out for state functions and other events. She will likely make
                              the majority of announcements during the roleplay.

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxPAHNxxx THE TRICKSTER

╰ Pahn is a sprite, but not a benevolent one. He enjoys making lives miserable and only listens to
                              his master, the sorcerer and his son. He is tricky and cunning, often appearing as a young boy with
                              a wicked smile. One might find him lurking here and there, running errands for his master or
                              messing with a human.

Tipsy Nymph

User ImageUser Image

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxALZEID STUBENHAUSxxx THE LION

Alzeid is the first heir to the crown, as of such has been trained as both a skilled
                              leader and a strong fighter. When Alzeid was young he was a natural leader loudly ordering his
                              younger siblings around, but after the curse being he started to use his voice less and become
                              more withdrawn from his family and cold to newcomers. Alzied is skilled in multiple weapons but
                              chooses to mainly use twin swords as his instincts allow him to react quicker than an normal person
                              and is known through out the kingdom as the fearless prince.
                              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ALZEID_SATO

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxFREDERIC STUBENHAUSxxx THE BEAR

Frederic is often called stoic, standoffish, and unapproachable because of his
                              size. This could not be further form the truth. Even though he is often found alone, and
                              contemplative, he longs for the company of another. He often thinks of himself as a soldier, but
                              aside from the training he recieved growing up, never actually served in the military.
                              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab PATRIARCH EDMUND VON PRIOR

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxTHOMAS STUBENHAUSxxx THE FALCON

Thomas can be very irritable. An unclean table or too much noise may annoy him
                              to no end but he will hardly ever cause a scene. Instead he removes himself from the situation,
                              leaving the room in a disruptive hurry with no explanation. Despite his tendency to be rude, he is
                              very trustworthy and will do everything in his power to make sure you are enjoying yourself. He is a
                              perfectionist which can make him come across as critical.
                              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab COMFORT THE DISTURBED

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxELLIOT STUBENHAUSxxx THE ORCA

Before the curse Elliot was playful, intelligent, childish yet charming, and considerate of everyone who crossed his path, regardless of status. As the baby of the family he couldn't help but succumb to being spoiled and though he enjoyed flaunting his things to friends and family alike, he never did it out of ill intention. In fact he often gave his things away to those who could never dream to afford such. Even when their father died, Elliot tried to keep the tension between his brothers as light as possible, but soon gave in to his greed at having the power of the throne. He became manipulative and greedy, keeping his things to himself and keeping a careful eye on anyone who let their gaze linger too long on them. After the curse Elliot has become quite bitter and sarcastic, trusting no one and fooling everyone into thinking he cares for them.
                              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab SMMOOSH

Tipsy Nymph

User ImageUser Image

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxALESSANDRA LORIÈNNExxx THE PRINCESS

Forced to grow up quickly, Alessandra has always been fiercely independent of
                              her parents and those around her. She strives to do everything by herself and is never satisfied until
                              she succeeds. Having left home to travel and promote diplomacy at a young age, she is never one
                              to get too attached to a person or a place, knowing that eventually someone has to leave. Eloquent
                              in speech, but not in conversation, when she's not talking politics, she struggles to maintain
                              smalltalk and much prefers her own company to that of someone else's. She never lets others see
                              what she is really feeling, as a leader must always appear strong. Instead, she tends to appear
                              solemn and isn't much of one for smiling.
                              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab OH DEERS

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxZEPHIRINE NOTTEBARTxxx THE DUCHESS

Zephyrine is by nature a nervous, eager to please sort of person; easily
                              manipulated due to being sheltered her entire life. She always wants what's best for others, but
                              often feels neglected and ignored by other people, and can react very immaturely to perceived
                              slights. Zephyrine finds a lot of freedom in dancing and is only really relaxed and completely at ease
                              when she's dancing. She is woefully ignorant to how spoiled she is. It takes her a while to warm up
                              to others, but once she does you can't get her to shut up, as she can be very chatty and open with
                              her friends. A horrible liar, she believes in being honest and true above everything else.
                              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab THE FORGOTTEN WEASLEY

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxAZALEA DELPHINExxx THE COUNTESS

Azalea is a bright and intelligent young women, she has an eloquent way with
                              words that makes it easy to persuade people to agree with her. She radiates warmth and beauty,
                              which makes people naturally drawn to her but while she is friendly and approachable, she is not
                              trusting and finicky. Azalea spends a lot of her time acting as the ambassador of her fathers
                              company, she often has all eyes on her and it makes her uncomfortable and that's why in most
                              situations she tries to draw as little attention to herself as possible. The countess is most
                              comfortable when she can just relax in the gardens and drink tea by herself, it allows her to get her
                              thoughts in order and surround herself with something she loves.
                              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab SLENDERLING

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxSERENA BENADAExxx THE BARONESS

Reserved, intuitive, and ingenious. Serena has read more books in her lifetime
                              then a person could possibly count. Reading and learning are her life passions, since she spent
                              most of her young life in a library. Though she may lack a bit in common sense, Serena is
                              considered a prodigy. Outside of the library, she can be just as clumsy as she is informative.
                              Awkward and clumsy in most social situations, Serena has trouble with small talk.
                              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab NEGATRASH S E N S E I

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxAMELIA MACLEOIDxxx THE LADY

Amelia has the tendency to get saucy with lots of people. She also likes to show
                              the male knights up with her skills. She's somewhat of a chatter box and she enjoys making others
                              laugh. She tries to find happiness, even in the darkest of situations.
                              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab l3ONERIFIC

User Image
                              tab tab █ ❜ xx xxROWAN ABERDENExxx THE SORCERER

Rowan is very flamboyant and quite charismatic usually. However, he can also be
                              very vindictive and prone to holding a grudge. He is quite intelligent, given that he is an
                              accomplished sorceror. At times he can also be prone to cowardice in certain aspects.
                              tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab LUPUS REGINAM

Tipsy Nymph

User ImageUser Image

User Image
                              tab tab AEDRIUM, KINGDOM IN THE CLOUDS

tab capitol: litharus
                              tab population: 540,300
                              tab religion: worshipping of aerus, goddess of the skies. religion
                              tab is really only mentioned on high holidays and other important events.
                              tab the goddess also plays a large part at funerals and weddings.
                              tab weather: in summers, the weather is quite hot and sunny with
                              tab brief bouts of clouds or rain. winters are very cold here and snow
                              tab usually accompanies the chill.
                              tab other: their nearest neighbor is lorius, the kingdom by the sea.
                              tab it is almost a three day's ride to get there and that's only if you're
                              tab traveling light and fast.

tab tab THE PALACE OF LITHARUS
                              tab the palace of lathers sits at the highest point in the kingdom of aedrium.
                              tab it is a grande structure with nearly four hundred rooms, one hundred
                              tab and fifty of which are bedrooms. there are three ballrooms, one of which
                              tab is reserved for more informal events. four dining areas and five kitchens
                              tab are close by. an enormous library, the second largest in the kingdom,
                              tab houses a number of different books. there are multiple studies as well as
                              tab an astronomy tower. outside, there are stables for the many horses as
                              tab well as a barracks and training ground for the knights. beyond the palace
                              tab is a glacial lake dotted with pines. a river runs through the lake and down
                              tab the mountain in a cascading waterfall. it is a very majestic sight.

Tipsy Nymph

User ImageUser Image

upcoming events

tab masquerade ball
                              a masquerade ball will take place
                              on the seventh of june to welcome
                              the ladies to the palace. enjoy!

calendar

tab june
                              01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10
                              11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
                              21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

weather forecast

tab partly cloudy
                              the day will be generally warm,
                              sunny but with clouds overhead,
                              a perfect day for a picnic or stroll.

Tipsy Nymph

User ImageUser Image

any announcements regarding the roleplay shall be placed here.

• the roleplay began accepting reserves and profiles on 26 december 2014.
                              • the roleplay officially opened on 28 december 2014.
                              • this roleplay now has more posts than any others i've ever created.

Tipsy Nymph

Tipsy Nymph

Tipsy Nymph

Tipsy Nymph

Tipsy Nymph

Tipsy Nymph

User ImageUser Image

It is currently around 11 AM, the princes are currently at the palace doing whatever they
                              normally do at that time of day, most likely. The ladies should all be arriving from their homes in
                              Aedrium. The Scorcerer's son should be arriving from wherever he lives or wherever he was
                              staying, same as the Princess. Everyone should move their characters towards the great hall for a
                              welcoming by the Queen. Now, get writing!

Comfort the Disturbed

Patriarch Edmud von Prior

cishet

l3onerific

Negatrash S e n s e i

Alzeid_Sato

Slenderling

The Forgotten Weasley

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff