Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Bunny

User Image

Genre: Action, suspense, romance, supernatural
Level: Lit - Adv. Lit
Inspired By: I don't even know man. Boredom?
Created By: SuspiciousKitty
OOC Thread & Profile Thread

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexT H E x G A M E

For the most part, everyone thought witches were just fairytales. Stories to tell little children that involved gingerbread houses and hot, burning ovens. It wasn't really uncommon to have a few people who claimed to be witches, but of course they couldn't really be witches, right? They were just Wiccans. People who worshipped the earth and played with their silly little herbs. For the most part, that is what everyone thought. They were wrong.

The Burning Times are a common thing to hear about in your typical history class. Tales of women being massacred because they turned someone down or got caught stealing, or was just too pretty and youthful looking for their own good. Tales of women being burned at the stake to pay for her sins of dabbling in the forbidden magicks--of the church crusading through the country side to hunt down these so called devil-women. They're frightening tales to some, movie worthy history for others.

What most people don't realize is that the church wasn't too far off. There are witches, real living and breathing witches who can play with fire and cast spells. Who sing to the moon and pray to the old gods. Witches who cast runes and tell fortunes, mix herbs and cleanse spirits. They don't worship Satan or sacrifice goats, but there are some who have turned to the darker uses of magick, women and men who curse and hex people. Who use blood magick and play in the shadows.

But the church was wrong on other things. For one, not only women can be witches, but all other genders can be as well. Another misconception is that magick is inherently evil, though in truth it is not. Magick is pure and wild, and only it's user can be good or evil.

But now, it is modern day, and witches have officially come out of the broom closet, though most people don't like it. The church in particular is in an uproar, condemning anyone and everyone who supports the Witch Movement, demanding that they be marked and branded so that people can recognize them for who they truly are.

Some witches went along with it, in the hopes of showing that they came out in good faith. As a result, these witches each sport a brand on their arm, in the shape of a pentagram, which labels them as a witch. Others did not agree with this, and refused to register themselves with the church, deciding instead to fight for their rights as people--as human beings--and to make it known that they will not stand for such injustice.

It's been nearly a decade since witches came out, and they have now gone back into hiding, fearing for their lives. Legislation has been passed that demands that witches be registered and branded, and that allows for business, schools, and people to discriminate against them freely. Labelled as dangerous citizens, they are forced to live in close quarters so as not to disturb the peace of wealthier normal neighborhoods with their foul practices.

Along with this the church has formed a group of young men and women who are trained to hunt and "eliminate" witch threats. These threats can be anyone from a well known, violent witch criminal to a witch who has merely refused to register and brand themselves with the hope of remaining undetected. Anyone who even steps a toe out of line can be labeled a threat.

This group of people, they're called the Inquisitors, and they have full leave to bend, break, or mold the law in anyway they seem fit, so that they are better able to do their jobs. They Are trained in interrogation and manipulation techniques, in finding the truth, and in recognizing witches. Though make no mistake--these people are not evil. They have taken this job because they genuinely believe that what they are doing is right, and many of them have had negative experiences with witches in the past. They are servants of justice, and of the peace. They only wish to make the world better.

Well, most of them, anyway. There are always those people who wish to harm others, in every group of people you meet.

The newest orders for the Inquisition have been sent out. In a small town called Havox on the East Coast there are rumors of a coven of unbranded witches. Rumored to have 5 or 6 members, the people in the town are reacting in a number of different ways. Some people are excited, either for the presence of the inquisition or at the idea of a group of witches in their area. Others are afraid--afraid of the witches or afraid of their hunters. And then there are those who wish to hunt them down themselves.

But The Games have begun. The Inquisition has arrived in town and this band of witches aren't going to go down without a fight. At this point, it's only a matter of who wins, and the punishment is burning at the stake.

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexT H E x I M P O R T A N T x T H I N G S

W I T C H E S
                                        Witches are not necessarily good or evil, they are who you make them. Magick also is not good or evil, it is completely neutral, and can be hard to control and weild without great focus and a lot of practice. In our story, witches merely have the genetic ability to harness and weild magick, they are not born with the skill required to do so.

They also do not possess fantastical powers--there will be no controlling fire or conjuring a tornado, nto without a very powerful and time consuming spell at least. And a spell of that magnitude would require multiple witches to cast it. Because of this, the roleplay requires a basic knowledge of witchcraft with which I will supply you with, and the more you research on your own the more creative you can get.

It is also worth noting that witches do not become aware of their abilities until they are at least 15, however, you are born a witch. If you mother or father was a witch, then you are more likely to be one. There are anomalies, however, who are born to two completely normal parents.

T H E x C O V E N
                                        The coven is made up of four witches, two men and two women, all with varying degrees of skill and practice, and all with vastly different personalities. Don't feel like you need to make someone whom everyone can get along with, because it isn't necessary! This coven has banded together out of necessity, meaning it's entirely likely and even probable that some of them will outright dislike each other, and disagree on many, many things.

S P E L L S x&x M A G I C K
                                        For easy understanding we will be using the word "Magick" instead of magic. Whenever "magic" is used we will assume that you mean play magic, the kind done by magicians and tricksters. "Magick", capitalized and with a K, will tell us that you mean actual Magick with which witches work with.

Spells require ingredients, candles, casting a circle, time to write and say them, etc etc. The more powerful you want the spell to be the more time and effort needs to be devoted to it. Powerful witches can cast spells with limited time and resources, and the most powerful witches can manipulate Magick on small scales without any spells or resources at all. By this I mean that they may be able to light a candle by blowing on the wick, or make a small breeze go through an area. Nothing big, as Magick is wild, and hard to harness.

T H E x I N Q U I S I T O R S
                                        I want to start this off by saying there is no true antagonist in this roleplay. The inquisitors are not good or evil, and neither are the witches. Each character should have their own motives for what they are doing, be they good or bad, and our story will be much more interesting.

It is also important to know that the Inquisitors are not necessarily religious. While they do work for the church, they come from all backgrounds and all walks of faith, and are merely employees of an organization (The Inquisition) which was started by the Catholic Church.

There are four Inquisitors in Havox right now, two men and two women, and they have been granted the capability to break or bend any laws they deem necessary in order to find the witches. Once the witches are found, they are to be burned for their crimes against humanity. Some of the Inquisitors dislike this, but understand that it is necessary, and some of them enjoy it. However, this must be done within reason. They are expected to be able to provide a reasonable explanation for their actions in the reports they have to write to their superiors during their time away on a job. This means they cannot go around taking people hostage and torturing people without reason.

For weapons, the Inquisitors can use any weapons they wish that are available to the public. This means they cannot use military grade weapons, such as fully automatic rifles, grenade launchers, etc, etc. They can, however, use swords, whips, crossbows, pistols, shotguns, and any other weapons a citizen can purchase and register. For the most part, Inquisitors prefer concealable weapons so as not to frighten normal people, but there are always those who prefer the dramatic flare of a broad sword.

The two main methods of eliminating witch threats are by burning them at the stake and drowning them. Both of these methods are traditional. When burning witches at the stake, they are tied to individual posts which are set into the ground, with kindling piled around them. When drowning them, the witch is bound and tied to an anchor of sorts, and are then pushed into a deep body of water where they will sink to the bottom.

T H E x R E S I D E N T S
                                        The residents of Havox are just as important to the story, and add a much needed diversity. However, all of the "residents" will be normal, and not employed by the Inquisition. However, some of them have taken it upon themselves to hunt the witches down, others wish to join their coven despite not being true witches. Some are just afraid and confused, others are fighting for witch rights. You can choose who you want them to be.

H A V O X
                                        Havox is a small, fictional town on the East Coast. It has two highschools, two middle schools, and one elementary school. There is a small beach on the edge of the town where the locals like to hang out, and a few quaint coffee shops and general stores. There is one mall, of a decent size, and a factory where a lot of the older residents find work building car parts. There's a relatively large library that is hanging in their despite the electronic book craze, and there's a few other places to hang out and spend your time, including a number of restaurants, bookstores, and bakeries.

In Havox, the anti-witch movement is as strong as it is everywhere else, if not stronger. As a result, there are very few registered witches in Havox, as it is hard to make a living as one there. The few that there are often find themselves living a lonely life, and have banded together to support one another. Unfortunately, so their own status as witches won't become known, Coven members tend to avoid these witches whenever possible.

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexT H E x R U L E S

T O S (and yadda yadda)
                                        We all know the most basic rules: Follow Gaia's ToS guidelines and do not God Mod. If you do I will be very put out and I tend to get grumpy when that happens. And when I get grumpy I won't be afraid to let you know so yeah, don't do it. Also, please don't do anything over PG-13. That's just not necessary. This also means that language is okay to an extent, but if you begin using it excessively I'll ask you to tone it down a bit. And be nice, I won't tolerate any bullying. But we're all big kids, if you have a problem take care of it yourself. If you can't, bring it to me through pms and keep it out of the OOC and IC.

P O S T I N G
                                        I ask for at least four paragraphs. Four BEEFY paragraphs. The ocassionaly short paragraphs are totally cool because we all have those days, but please please please try to write enough for people to respond to. I can't stress this enough. No one can respond to a measly five sentences. However, quality is better than quantity no matter how long I wish your posts were. I don't much care whether or not your post is pretty, as you can see by this thread I prefer a minimalist approach. But you can do whatever you like, as long as you include your name, a picture, and your location so people can better keep up. Oh, and no blinding colors, please.

A C T I V I T Y
                                        Please be active! I ask that you post a few times a week, and that you make your presence known in the OOC. Plot with each other, talk to each other, make new friends... Otherwise this story will die, and that would be really unfortunate. A healthy OOC means a happy IC, so let's get to know one another, 'eh?

C H A R A C T E R S
                                        I want diverse and unique characters, please. Pretty please with a cherry on top? Not everyone can have a tragic background, no matter how bad the times in our story are, and not everyone can be an ubver powerful witch or a child prodigy. Some clumsy characters and characters who just stink at Magick and characters who are morally conflicted are all ten times more interesting than characters who have no serious depth to them. You can also build your character any way you like--if you want them to be genderqueer or bisexual or demisexual or whatever feel free to do so. However, please try to keep ratios in mind. I know it's a pain in the butt, however we don't want to have anyone feeling left out. Also, we will be using images of real people for this roleplay.

P R O F I L E S
                                        Profiles can be altered in any way you like, as long as you include everything I've asked for. Otherwise, if you wish to change the layout to fit your character's personality, or you wish to include different sections that could give us more insight into your character then by all means feel free, I honestly don't care. In fact, I encourage it. Personalize your profiles, make them fit you and your characters. Keep things interesting. Now, send reserves to me titled under "Let the Games Begin" and send profiles to me titled "I Intend to Win."

Now, you should know that if you send me a reserve or profile without their proper titles I will tell you that you obviously haven't read the rules and to try again. I'm not trying to be mean by doing this, but it is important to read everything on this page, because it is all important and relevant to the roleplay. That includes the rules. If you continue to resend the reserve/profile without the title then I will continue to tell you that it is wrong.

This is it for now, but I reserve the right to add more rules if I feel it's necessary

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexO U R x C A S T

W I T C H E S [ 4/4 ]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                                      Chandler Mari Sudel • Twenty • Witch
                                                                                      Excitable ↗ Curious ↘ Caring ↗ Tempermental

As a witch, Chandler feels a little threatened by the inquisitors, but she feels it is her right to practice her heritage. Even if she is mostly just playing with it. She knows how to be serious with her powers... at times.
                                                                                      Played by Arie the sheep

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                                                      James Wells III • Twenty Five • Witch
                                                                                      Inquisitive ↗ Stubborn ↘ Loyal ↗ Blunt

I am a witch and will not apologize for my ancestry. The Church wants to try and oppress us and we will not be standing idly by anymore. We have tried to live by their terms, to try and comply with their laws and codes. Now they hunt us again, well we will not run anymore.
                                                                                      Played by Lord Vahanian

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                                                      Thistle Roselyn Amorell • Twenty-Two • Witch
                                                                                      Brave ↗ Stubborn ↘ Strategic ↗ Closed Off

Thistle was one of the first to suggested a coven among the witches of Havox. She's always been a little hot headed and stubborn, and she refuses to brand herself and give up her identity as a person. Instead, she's thrown herself into her spell work and has become fairly adept at it. As a result, she's fairly confident that if they band together, honing each other's skills, they can bring down the Inquisitors who were sent to kill them. And if they can't, then she's determined to take a few of them out with her.
                                                                                      Played by SuspiciousKitty

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                                                      Michael Vincent Nothar • Thirty-four • Witch
                                                                                      quiet ↗ paranoid ↘ polite ↗ impulsive

Michael feels more afraid then threatened by the presence of the inquisitors, growing up never really had to hide since both of his parents were normal humans. He did however see what kind of treatment that witches were given when caught and fears if he gets caught what will happen to his family, will they be accused as well.

Played by CrimsonMidnightMoon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                                                        Sonja Petrova • Thirty • Witch
                                                                                        Clever ↗ Cruel ↘ Calculating ↗ Cold

Sonja's a witch because it makes her powerful, not because she wanted to get in touch with her roots or some pansy a** excuse like that. The Inquisitors? She's not afraid of them at all, quite the opposite in fact. She's a strong believer in the saying "an eye for an eye" and has a habit of showing up where Inquisitor's are killing witches and simply...returns the favor. Oh, and if anyone tries to get in her way, witch or no, she ends them too. Witches shouldn't sympathize with mortals, after all.
                                                                                        Played by Dire Fatalis

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I N Q U I S I T O R S [ 4/4 ]

User Image
                                                                                        Felix Mattheis • Twenty-Five • Inquisitor
                                                                                        Caring ↗ Reckless ↘ Playful ↗ Misbehaved

Felix is, believe it or not, a part of the Witch Movement. Originally from Kentucky, she has a twin sister there who is a registered witch, happily living out her life within the law. It is Felix's opinion that the best thing for witches to do is to follow her sister's example, and so she became an inquisitor with the hopes of eliminating the criminals who give witches a bad name, and to make the world a better place for people and witches alike.
                                                                                        Played by SuspiciousKitty

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                                                        Klaus Vaughn • Thirty-One • Inuisitor Leader
                                                                                        Strong-Willed ↗ Dominating ↘ Adaptable ↗ Arrogant

You don't get such a high position by just sitting and hoping your job gets done. Klaus kills because it is his duty. He hunts down the witches to purify the world once more, just like the Church wanted. He had trained hard to get where he is now and his name is quite well known. Most aren't exactly happy with his methods and thoughts on the 'problem' but they know a single word against him could mean disappearing the next day. Klaus takes his job seriously and expects great things from his group. Some of his intentions seem to have a more personal side to it but he keeps that to himself.
                                                                                        Played by c o r e O V E R D R I V E

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                                                        Abigail Marie Clayton • Twenty-six • Inquisitor
                                                                                        Relentless ↗ Hot-tempered ↘ Righteous ↗ Vengeful

Abigail joined the Inquisitors because she believes that it is God's Will that she punish the wicked. Her parents both died when she was young. Abigail discovered later they were witches and believes that it was God's divine wratf that ended them.
                                                                                        Played by Dire Fatalis

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                                                        Christopher Leaf Sanders • Twenty-Three • Inquisitor
                                                                                        Clever ↗ Manipulative ↘ Intuitive ↗ Temperamental

Christopher is an inquisitor not because he believes in the movement, not because he's religious, not because he enjoys hunting them, but, rather, just for something to do. He's clever and smart when it comes to puzzles and seems to have a knack for hunting and dealing with people which makes him a great specimen to deal with witches. He's indifferent to the things he hunts and turns his head to their deaths. As long as he doesn't have to do it or think about it, he doesn't care.
                                                                                        Played by .~[Misty.Muffin]~.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

R E S I D E N T S [ 3 / 4 1m ]

User Image
                                                                                        Alexandria "Lexi" Nightingale • Twenty-One • Resident
                                                                                        Loving ↗ Stubborn ↘ Out going ↗ Risk Taker

At first Lexi didn't know what to think about the situation, but as time went on she thought they had every right to do about their doings in peace as long as they weren't hurting anyone she cared for. They deserved to live their life like she would hers and would fight along side them for their equal rights.
                                                                                        Played by Babee Gurl 88

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                                                        Malcolm Cobb • Twenty-Eight • Resident
                                                                                        Charming ↗ Narcissistic ↘ Charismatic ↗ Obsessive

Malcolm Cobb is a former consultant for the Inquisitors, and as such is very familiar with their tactics and operational standards. He left their employ after meeting his wife, who was an unregistered witch, and lived happily until her death. Afterwards he moved to Havox, where he works as a part time as a private investigator. The recent influx of Inquisitors has brought about mixed feelings within Mal; on one hand he just wants to move on with his life, and on the other he wants revenge for the death of his wife.
                                                                                        Drunken Immortal

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                                                        Willow Ivory Grayson • Twenty three • Resident
                                                                                        Intelligent ↗ Cynical ↘ Reliable ↗ Timid

Willow moved back to her hometown of Havox, after quitting college, along with an untimely injury to her father. She had left for college only a year ago, after her mother had died of an advance unknown disease. Her mother being an unregistered witch, told Willow of their marvelous worlds and wonders they can create. Giving her a imaginative childhood, but she was not bestowed with any ability to control that magick. She slowly began to stop believing in what her mother had said, and became closed minded of sorts, once she died that is. Even though witches have come out, and told the world. Willow truly thinks it's all a prank, but her father has tried to convince her otherwise. Saying just because you can't see it doesn't make it any less real. She has a more rational way of looking at things, but helps her father with witch rights. His profession being a lawyer, she tries to help him out by posting flyers, filing, answering the phone and so on.
                                                                                        Played by Manipulator Of The Night

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                                                        Graham Thomas • Thirty • Resident
                                                                                        Observant ↗ Sneaky ↘ Mysterious ↗ Obnoxious

Learning of the unbranded witches with Havox didn't bother Graham much, it was another day of the gossip filled town, he figured things would quiet down after a few days. Boy was he sadly mistaken, ones that called themselves the Inquisitor's were coming to the town to set things right. For Graham he was interested in learning about the ones that were unbranded and of course the Inquisitor's, he would help where he could, where he saw things were needed. He would surely give the new comers a run for their money!
                                                                                        Played by Babee Gurl 88

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexA P P L Y I N G

R E S E R V E S
                                        When sending in your reserves please don't alter any of the code. I know I have said it's okay to alter the profiles, but for the sake of keeping this thread nice and clean looking the reserves should all be fairly uniform. When they have been PMed to me I will post them here, and you will have 24 hours to get the profile in. If you cannot get it in within 24 hours, but still wish to reserve a place, then just send me a message letting me know the circumstances and I'll be more than happy to wait longer.

[imgleft]http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv268/Icy974/03_zps0a0153f4.jpg[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=#383737][size=12][b][color=color1]Name Here[/color] • [color=color2]Age typed out[/color] • [color=color1]Witch/Inquisitor/Resident[/color][/b][/size]
                                        [size=10]Positive trait ↗ Negative trait ↘ Positive trait ↗ Negative trait

Here, give a brief explanation about how your character feels about this situation. Are they a witch and they feel threatened? Are they a resident and are afraid? Please have two or three sentences here.
                                        [color=color2][b][size=9]Played by Username Here[/size][/b][/color]

P R O F I L E S
                                        Profiles are a different story. As long as you include all of the information I've asked for, and followed their guidelines you can alter it however you like. It's optional, of course, but feel free to format your profile according to your character's personality, it won't bother me one bit and will make them more fun to read and look through. If there is something wrong with your profile I will let you know, and I will expect you to have it changed within two days. If it is not I will assume you have given up (though not before messaging you about it)
                                        [imgleft]http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv268/Icy974/2dba8973-7042-48bc-9869-14665b5d9d35_zps422f38e7.jpg[/imgleft]
                                        [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
                                        [color=color2][b][size=15][u]H E R E [color=white]x[/color] A R E [color=white]x[/color] T H E [color=white]x[/color] B A S I C S[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size][/b][/color]

[color=color1][b]Name: [/b][/color][size=10]Full Name[/size]
                                        [b][color=color1]Alias: [/color]Nicknames[/b][size=10][/size]
                                        [b][color=color1]Age: [/color][/b] [size=10]Age[/size]
                                        [b][color=color1]Sexual Orientation: [/color][/b][size=10]Orientation[/size]
                                        [b][color=color1]Alignment: [/color][/b][size=10]Witch, Inquisitor, Resident[/size]

[color=color2][b][size=15][u]T O [color=white]x[/color] F I N D [color=white]x[/color] M E [color=white]x[/color] I N [color=white]x[/color] A [color=white]x[/color] C R O W D[color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size][/b][/color]

[b][color=color1]Hair Color: [/color][/b][size=10]Hair[/size]
                                        [b][color=color1]Eye Color: [/color][/b][size=10]Eyes[/size]
                                        [b][color=color1]Height: [/color][/b][size=10]Height[/size]
                                        [b][color=color1]Weight: [/color][/b][size=10]Weight[/size]
                                        [b][color=color1]Gender: [/color][/b][size=10]Gender[/size]

[color=color2][b][size=15][u]I T ' S [color=white]x[/color] T H E [color=white]x[/color] I N S I D E [color=white]x[/color] T H A T [color=white]x[/color] C O U N T S[color=white]xxxxxxx[/color][/u][/size][/b][/color]

[color=color1][b]Proficiencies & Drawbacks: [/color][/b]
                                        [size=10]Here list your character's different skills and talents, and go in depth with them. If you are a witch, what spells and kind of Magick of your adept at? What do you fail at? Inquisitors, what weapons are you best at using? And the worst at? Get creative with this, don't just make a list. I expect at least three proficiencies and three drawbacks.[/size]

[color=color1][b]Personality:[/b][/color][size=10]
                                        At least two paragraphs explaining your character's personality. If your character is not as well developed as I think they should be, or seems too cliche, I'll ask you to change it.[/size][/size]

[color=color1][b]Biography:[/color][/b][/color][size=10]
                                        Biography goes here. You need at least three paragraphs, and it should be interesting to read. Show me you're cut out for this roleplay.[/size][/size]

[color=color1][b]Likes & Dislikes:[/b][/color][size=10]
                                        Here just put a brief description of what your character does and does not like, and why. This can just be a paragraph, or more if you feel up to it.[/size]

[center][color=color1][b]Played By: [/b][/size][/color][size=10]Username[/size]

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexT H E x D A Y

C U R R E N T L Y
                                        It is May 31st, a Wednesday, and we are entering summertime. It's warm and sunny, with few clouds and a slight breeze. School is almost over for young characters and NPCs, and everyone is enjoying the good weather.

Later, around midnight, a severe thunderstorm will roll in. There are flash flood warnings set in place and a severe thunderstorm warning. All residents of Havox are advised to stay inside tonight.

Moon: There will be a New Moon tonight.

R U M O R S
                                        Here rumors going around about the different characters will be posted. These rumors can be known to everyone, and can be used as in character knowledge.

• It is rumored that Grace, the murdered girl, was being regularly molested by her father. Supposedly this is why his wife shot him.

I M P O R T A N T x N E W S
                                        Recent happenings, important events, and a brief summary of what has happened in our story so far will be posted and updated here. So if you get behind, check here first before asking around and see if your questions are answered. For the most part this can be both in and out of character knowledge, depending on what is said. This will be updated at the end of every day in the roleplay.

U P D A T E S
                                        Any and all updates made to the threads will be posted here. This means if there is a new rule added, someone edited their profile, or if the group decided together to move forward with specific plots then it will be posted here. There will never be more than six updates listed at a time, so past updates will eventually get bumped off.

• Ships have been added
                                        • A new character has been added
                                        • A rumor has been added
                                        • Reference section has been updated with links to herbs, flowers, colors, and moon phases
                                        • The day information has been updated - Moon phase added
                                        • Relationships have been updated

Friendly reminder that we will go to the next day when the majority agrees to time skip to it.

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexR E F E R E N C E

C A S T I N G x A x C I R C L E
                                        Casting a circle is done to set the boundaries of your work, and witches do it before casting their spells (sometimes). Not all witches feel it is necessary, so some do not do it outside of the coven, but it is a useful way to ground yourself and prepare your mind for the work you are about to do, as well as to cleanse the area and protect yourself from negative energy.

Casting a circle can be physical or spiritual. Physically, you can actually mark out your circle, by using rope, drawing it with chalk, holding hands with the coven, or anything else you can think of. Spiritually, you can just say the words (any words, really, that involve the circle) and imagine where the circle is around you and that works just as well.

Casting a circle isn't necessary, but the more powerful your spell the more likely you should cast a circle. Witches are vulnerable when they are performing spells, and casting a circle can help protect them.

T H E x E L E M E N T S
                                        When casting a circle you can choose to invoke the elements and their respective directions. There are five basic elements, Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Spirit, and each of them can also be used in spellwork because they represent different things.

Earth: Earth is the North, and it represents stability, grounding, and strength. The color for it is green.

Air: Air represents the East, and it also represents the mind, knowledge, intellect, and the ability to reason. The color associated with it is yellow.

Water: Water is West, and it represents the self, emotions, and intuition. The color is blue.

Fire: Fire is South, and it represents passion, energy, change, and our Will. It's color is red.

Spirit: Spirit is the Center of all the elements. It represents the human soul, and it's color is purple.

S P E L L W O R K
                                        One thing to be said about witchcraft is it involves a lot of candles and smelly herbs. You can use pretty much anything to cast spells, and it's important that they are personalized. You could cast a spell with just a white candle and by saying some words and bam, you have a spell. Or you could make herbal soup in a cauldron, stir it with your wand (if you have one), have twenty candles lit next to you and say a poem and you still have a spell. It's important to remember that the witch is the conduit for Magick, not their tools or ingredients. Everything else is meant to help them focus and channel that Magick.

Herbs: Herbs can be used in a number of different ways. You can mix them, burn them, make smudge sticks with them... Decorate. Cook. Whatever. And there are hundreds of them, each associate with different things, each used in different ways. You can find a list of herbs and their properties here.

Candles: Candles are used based on color, and can be used to focus your Magick. The color associates are fairly basic, and you can probably guess them. Pink is for love, innocent love, red is passion and anger and wrath. White is purity, life. Etc, etc. You can find the colors and their properties here.

Flowers: Flowers, like herbs, can be used in a number of ways. As can fruit, vegetables, food, and a ton of other stuff. You can really just get creative with how you do spells. You can find a list of flowers and their properties here.

Moon Phases: The phases of the moon can effect spells, making them stronger or weaker. A new moon is good for spells that are intended to give you a fresh start--for starting over, creating new things, etc etc. A full moon is good for giving you and your spells an extra boost. The other phases can all have effects as well. You can find the phases of the moon and their effects here.

T H E x C O V E N
                                        Spells done as a coven are more powerful. In this coven, there is no hierarchy and things are decided based on a majority vote. The coven has come together out of necessity, feeling it is their only way to survive under the radar and that it is their duty as fellow witches to help each other stay undetected. Circles are always cast when the coven performs spells because it is necessary to link everyone together so everybody is on the same page.

T H E x I N Q U I S I T O R S
                                        The inquisitors have access to any and all information, confidential or not. They are also to be obeyed at all times and are allowed to break or bend the law if they need to. They have access to most weapons that are not military grade, however you wouldn't likely see one walking around with a semi-automatic rifle unless they were literally hunting a rogue witch.

During their time at Havox, all of the inquisitors will be expected to keep their superiors up to date with their investigation by writing weekly reports. They must be done by Friday and emailed to their superiors. These reports must include as much relevant information as they can, and as a result inquisitors often carry notebooks with them to keep record of what they are doing.

Inquisitor notebooks are incredibly useful, and the Inquisitors guard them with their lives. If anyone were to get a hold of them, they would have access to everything the Inquisitor knows--information about the Inquisition, about their investigation, about their plans, thoughts, and processes. As a result, they must be protected at all times.

B U R N I N G S x & x D R O W N I N G S
                                        There are two ways to punish witches who pose a threat which are considered traditional by The Inquisition. One way, the most popular way, is by burning. In these instances witches are tied to a post which is placed in the ground, and kindling is piled up around them. Burnings are open to the public, and typically when one happens locals gather to watch, either out of fascination or grief.

Drownings are the second way, and when an Inquisitor chooses to drown a witch they bind them and tie them to an anchor of sorts. They are then sunk in a relatively deep body of water and drowned for their crimes. These are usually more private, though Inquisitors can choose to make them open to the public if they so wish.

Both of these methods are considered traditional, and were practiced during the original Burning Times.

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexR E L A T I O N S

Here, current and past relationships will be posted to help people keep track.

K E Y
                                        Relationships will be briefly elaborated on after they are defined. Once a rleationship changes, or a past relationship is established, it will be moved from current to past relationships. (ie if x and y are together, but then break up, in current relationship it will say they are broken up, in past relationships it will say they were together.)

x → y = x likes y
                                        x ⇄ y = x and y like each other
                                        x ↳ y = x hates y
                                        x ┳ y = x and y hate each other
                                        x + y = x and y are friends
                                        x ☢ y = x and y are enemies
                                        x ♡ y = x and y are in a romantic relationship
                                        x - y = x and y are broken up
                                        x â—‡ y = x and y are family

C U R R E N T x R E L A T I O N S H I P S

Abigail ┳ Klaus: Abigail hates "The Devil" and Klaus hates Abigail's religious nature.
                                        Christopher ↳ Klaus: Christopher hates Klaus' being in control.
                                        Felix + Lexi: While Lexi was showing Felix around town they became friends.
                                        Klaus ↳ Felix: Klaus finds Felix incredibly annoying.
                                        Mal â—‡ Chandler: Mal is Chandler's uncle, from which side is thus far unknown.
                                        Mal ☢ Klaus: After Mal left the Inquisition, Klaus felt betrayed and they became enemies.
                                        Willow ┳ Klaus: After Klaus assaulted Willow for a file, and she fought back, they began hating each other.

P A S T x R E L A T I O N S H I P S

Klaus + Mal: Klaus and Mal were close partners, and respected each other highly.

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexL O C A T I O N S

S T O R E S
                                        There are a few stores other than the grocery stores and markets in Havox worth noting. They are as follows:

The Bookstore: This small bookstore is fairly popular in town, and as it is privately owned by one of the few people in Havox who support the Witch Rights Movement, it is the only place to find books on spells and witchcraft. The few registered witches in Havox spend a lot of their time here.

The Library: The local library is one of the oldest buildings in Havox, and can be an unforgiving place. With a stern librarian, near silence is kept at all times and visitors are expected to be as respectful to the books as they are to each other. There are no texts whatsoever on witchcraft here, but there are several encyclopedias on past inquisition investigations. This is also where all of the local records can be found, including a list of registered witches who have lived in Havox going back ten years. This could be a useful tool for the Inquisitors. The Mayor's office is also on the top floor (3rd) of the library.

The Farmer's Market: The Farmer's Market is full of food from farms that are a few miles out from Havox. Here you can purchase fresh, organic, fruit, vegetables, flowers, and herbs, as well as seeds if you wish to start your own garden. Everything here is fairly cheap, and as a result is popular with the locals.

The Bakery: The bakery is a quaint little place run by an elderly couple who has lived in Havox for years. Their son helps them as well, and is preparing to take over the bakery once his parents retire. It's a popular place to get fresh bread and pastries.

The Cafe: The Cafe is a popular hang out spot in town. It has fresh brewed coffee at all hours of the day, and it gets it's baked goods and pastries straight from the local bakery. People often come here to socialize since there isn't much else to do in a town like Havox.

The Mall: The Havox Mall is where most people spend their free time in Havox. When it's not warm outside or the weather is crummy, the mall is packed full of nearly all of the residents of Havox. It has a small movie theatre in it, as well as the only starbucks for miles.

O U T S I D E
                                        There are a number of interesting places outside, and since the people of Havox enjoy a simple life, there are plenty of places to go that have been left wild.

The Beach: There is a small beach about twenty minutes outside of Havox, and it is usually fairly crowded during the warmer months. During the day, people are often swimming and sunbathing here, and at night it isn't uncommon to find a large bonfire or locals getting together for drinks. Sometimes the coven meets here.

The Forest: Havox is surrounded by a beautiful forest, and people often go camping in it or, in the case of the younger locals, throw parties. Children often play tag and hide in seek here, and sometimes people just go for a leisurely hike. The Coven often meets here because it's a good source of privacy.

The Pond: On the edge of town there is a medium sized pond full of catfish, bass, and bluegills. People in Havox often take fishing trips here on the weekend, or go with their families to have picnics. During the night time it is another popular place to hold bonfires, though not nearly as popular as the beach. The Coven occasionally meets here as well.

Devil's Cliff: Devil's Cliff is where teenagers go to dare each other to sit on the edge, or even to jump off. Many people have been injured thinking they could avoid the rocks at the bottom of the cliff, and this is one of the places that the town suspects the Coven spends time at. Because of that, the witches tend to just avoid it unless they are with other people. It is rumored that hundreds of people once committed a mass suicide here. Some people say they were possessed by demons, thus the name, Devil's Cliff.

The Cemetery: Because of how small Havox is, the town only has one cemetery, and it is packed full of tombstones, old and new. Some are so old that you can't even make out what the words on them once said.

O T H E R x L O C A T I O N S
                                        Other than the main shops, there are a few other notable places in the town that are frequented by the locals.

The Hospital: The local hospital is fairly small, and ill equipped to handle any major tragedies. Basic maladies, disorders, and things such as heart attacks and strokes can be handled here, but major trauma requires that the patient be flown to the nearest city hospital, which by helicopter is about an hour away. Thankfully, the hospital does have a helipad, and one helicopter. People with psychiatric disorders and problems would also be treated here.

The Lighthouse: The old lighthouse near Devil's Cliff isn't in use anymore, but it is still a reletively peaceful place to be. Overlooking the ocean, the crumbling building stands abandoned, fenced in so that teenagers couldn't vandalize it. Not that a fence ever stopped them.

The Church: The old church is still the place for the religious people in town to flock to. Every sunday mass is held, and every friday there is a large fish fry from 6 to 10, and people from all over town, religious and non-religious alike, go there to eat and socialize, playing games such as cornhole and dancing to the live music.

The Factory: Owned by Ford, this factory is where many of the older town residents work--the ones who couldn't get out of Havox or afford a higher education. It's a good source of income, but it's hard labor, and the people who work here are often tired and worn down.

The Hotel: The hotel in Havox isn't very big, as they don't get very many visitors to the town. However, it is a relatively nice place, with clean rooms and a friendly staff. And it better be, because it's the only one in town.

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexO T H E R

W H I T E x L I S T
                                        Here will be a list of people who have either contributed greatly to the main plot, who have helped monitor and develop the roleplay, and who have helped either signal boost or advertise.

c o r e O V E R D R I V E for contributing a lot of ideas to the development of the roleplay. Also for making the banner.

B L A C K x L I S T
                                        Here will be a list of people who have caused trouble somehow, either by antagonizing people in the roleplay, by ditching the roleplay without warning, or by breaking one or multiple rules.

S H I P S
                                        In past roleplays it has always been fun to speculate on who you want to form a relationship together. In such cases we had a ship list, where we would keep track of how many people supported the different ships. Any ships discussed in the OOC will be added, or you can request that one be added.

Klaus x Abby: 3
                                        Klaus x Sonja: 3
                                        Klaus x Willow: 2
                                        Klaus x Felix: 1
                                        Klaus x Michael: 1
                                        Thistle x Mal: 1
                                        Thistle x Graham: 3
                                        Felix x Mal: 2
                                        Chris x Lexi: 1
                                        Chris x Willow: 3

A F F I L I A T E S

If you wish to be an affiliate, please send me a private message. If you do, I would expect you to return the favor and advertise our roleplay on your own roleplay or shop.

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town-role-play/the-burning-games-c-a/t.91463467/][img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t119/Der_Teufel/bannerfans_962515_zpseb9e3940.png[/img][/url]

Banner made by c o d e O V E R D R I V E

Dapper Bunny

User ImagexN P C S

These characters are ones who can be used and controlled by anyone, as long as you stick to their personality to some extent.

R E G I S T E R E D x W I T C H E S
                                        There are four registered witches in Havox, currently. They typically spend their time exclusively with each other, feeling unsafe by themselves, particularly with the Inquisitors in town.

User Image
                                                      Maria Townsley - 37

Maria is a registered witch who has lived in Havox her entire life. Her family is deceased, and she now lives by herself on the edge of town. She is a kind woman, but can be a bit sassy at times.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Katherine & Kasey Mitchell - 32 & 7

Katherine is a single mother, and a registered witch. She and her daughter, Kasey, moved to Havox after Katherine got divorced from an abusive husband. People often speculate Kasey will be a witch, and kids often tease her for it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Amanda Goodner - 16

Amanda was born to two normal parents, parents who support the Anti-Witch Movement. When her abilities manifested at 15, they forced her to register and had her branded. She is currently planning to run away, and if she can't she hopes to escape Havox once she turns 18.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Antonio Abelli - 28

Antonio and his family moved to the United States when he was 12, and eventually settled in Havox. His father has passed, but he still lives with his mother who normal. He believes his father was an unregistered witch, but he chose to register in the hopes of furthering the Witch Rights Movement.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

S T O R E x O W N E R S
                                        There are numerous stores around town, but these are the owners of the notable ones. The Farmer's Market has no true owner, as farmers from farms near Havox travel to the town to set up their own booths.

User Image
                                                      Marietta & Timothy Campbell - 62 & 64

Marietta and Timothy own the Bakery in Havox, and are a sweet old couple who minds their own business. They live for making pastries and sweets, and hope to give the shop over to their son someday.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Greg Campbell - 23

Greg is Marietta and Timothy's son, and he, like his parents, loves to bake. He also loves the idea of witches, and was excited when the rumors of some in Havox began circulating. He's a bit of a flirt, but no one takes him seriously.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Gloria Wittiker - 56

Ms. Wittiker is a stern, severe woman. She runs the library, and does not tolerate any foolishness or noise making, and people typically don't like her. However, she has a passion for learning, and is very involved with the schools in Havox.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Richard Chesney - 47

Rick, as most people call is, is a Witch Rights Activist despite not being a witch. He also advocates gay rights, equal rights for women and people of color, and legalizing marijuana. Most people in Havox consider him a hippy, and he kind of is one, but he's a nice hippy who cares about everyone he meets. He runs the local bookstore.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Samantha Pratchett - 33

Sam is a sweet woman who loves coffee. She loves anything and everything with coffee, and has made her living out of it. The store is open from 6 in the morning to midnight, and she often socializes with the people who come inside.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

T H E x I N Q U I S I T I O N

User Image
                                                      Sandra Keith - 42

Despite being so young, Sandra quickly moved up through the ranks in The Inquisition, and now is the person who six different Inquisitor teams report to. She is responsible for scrutinizing their investigations and providing them any support or information they might need, while continuing to make sure that they stay in line. She is a proud, strict woman who takes no nonsense from people.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Steve Benward - 49

A war veteran, Steve is a tough man who likes order and discipline. He is sent out to pass judgment and evaluate Inquisitor teams that have been exhibiting questionable conduct. If he is sent to one of these teams, he will shadow them and watch them without their knowledge before presenting himself, demanding they change or be sent home on probation.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

O T H E R S

User Image
                                                      Mayor Carlisle Jefferson - 57

Mayor Jefferson is a well liked man in Havox, and is the local leader of the Anti-Witch Movement. A good Catholic man, he does not associate himself with practitioners of the dark arts, because he believes it is unnatural and unholy. He and the good Reverend are close friends.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Sheriff Evan Prewitt - 52

Sheriff Prewitt is a good man. He doesn't judge people for their beliefs or their looks, and he tries his best to find justice, and to keep it. The people of Havox really like him, though some resent him for his belief that witches aren't inherently evil. Others celebrate him for it. Clearly, though, the majority of the populace loves him, as he's been sheriff for a very long time.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Kevin Shacklett - 47

Kevin Shacklett has worked in the cemetery for as long as he can remember. His father worked there before him, and when he was young his dad trained him to be the next groundskeeper. Unfortunately, Kevin's wife is infertile never had a son, so he was unable to teach him to job. He is a relatively happy man though, who enjoys simple pleasure.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                                                      Reverend Kyle James - 50

Reverend James is a good, God fearing man. He has lead the local church for twenty years now, and knows every single person in the town, and he prays for as many of them as he can, including the witches. He prays that they will give up their sin and dark practices and find God,because otherwise they are lost.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dapper Bunny

Dapper Bunny

R E S E R V E D

Dapper Bunny

R E S E R V E D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash