Welcome to Gaia! ::

unstable ghost's Significant Otter

Shirtless Heckler

This was it. The estate that all the underground clans of vampires were whispering about. Word had spread of it's popularity of all sorts of creatures, but mostly that of her species. Honey brown irises focused on the fantastic silhouette of Ubel piercing through the soft ground and slowly her eyes narrowed intently. Dark clouds swirled overhead, covering the setting sun, making the grounds fashion shadows from every direction.
"It looks like I have finally arrived..." the woman coolly said to herself, an obvious English accent resounding with each word spoken. Her leather gloved fist curled tighter around a piece of yellowed parchment that she had been holding. After this, she wasn't sure where she'd turn to, where she would find what she sought.

Enough of staring at the place, it was time to go in and announce herself. The night was just beginning as she moved towards the entrance. The small dirt path leading to the stone steps lay still without any fresh tracks, that is, until her boots made imprints along it. Faint breezes swept past her wavy locks of pale blonde, making them dance behind her without much care. Compared to the speeds that she could reach if she tried, it was like she was walking in slow motion, her hips swaying softly from side to side with each step. As a vampire, it was nothing unusual to be sensual just as it was to be deadly. The two went hand in hand for a noble vampire and it showed with how she carried herself.

Without a knock, she simply pushed at one of the double doors and stepped in, one hand resting on her hip as the other kept straight at her side where a coiled whip hung on her belt. You could call it her weapon of choice, but it wasn't the only one she had on her, it was just the only one that was visible. The noble vampiress glanced around the entrance hall, the dim lighting hardly a problem for the keen vision she had. It seemed quiet over all aside from the few that were around.
She didn't want to dawdle any longer. She wanted to reach the clan leader.
In silence she continued forward as her lips parted before speaking.

"I am looking for the leader of this coven. I've heard many vampires surface here and I'm in need of some assistance," she announced rather bluntly as she continued casually walking through, her eyes falling on any face she passed.

((Blah. Posted..well, something.))

Eloquent Hunter

Sapphire kept her gaze on the human as he settles further into the plush cushion, obviously shrugging off her heated words. He may have been joking, but the promise still stood. "You actually are quite annoying. I'm surprised you still don't know this.." She trailed off, shaking her head slightly as she raised the glass to her lips for another sip of her drink. William perked up at the mention of the other man just as she expected, curious why she spared his life. "You know, I planned to, but I realized that it's much more fun to watch him squirm." Her wicked smirk returned as she lowered her glass and set it on the table. "You should have seen him when he was getting his crest done..." She trailed off, unable to stop a chuckle from escaping her lips. "It's a wonder it looks so clean with all the struggling he did. I like the look of it, don't be surprised if you end up with a permanent version on your neck as well."

Sapphire stood and took a few steps toward the fire for a moment, stretching her legs as William began to freak out for a second time. "Usually they are not, but you have more than proven yourself loyal, and you've survived the training so far. You're not there yet, but I don't see you dying anytime in the immediate future..." She looked him over thoroughly, lingering on the bandaged hands and arm that was still locked in a sling. "Sorry about that, by the way." She made a subtle gesture toward his arm, knowing how badly it was broken since she was the one that did it in the first place. It wasn't Will's fault that he attacked her, but yet his body still had to deal with the consequences.

Sapphire tilted her head over her shoulder just slightly as she felt Bishopp's presence appear from her shadow, deep and dark in contrast to the intense light of the fire. He spoke immediately of the flayer, something that still hung heavy in her own mind. "I told the bartender to relax, he is of absolutely no use against the flayer anyway." She raised an eyebrow as Bishopp moved closer to explain his proposed solution, her expression changing from one of calm contemplation to one of amusement in a matter of seconds. "It's so cruel...I love it. I have that team ready for you as well, it could help with the illusion." She let her hands clasp together behind her back as she mulled over some of the finer details and shared them with Bishopp through the connection they shared by his continued presence.

Suddenly she picked up a new aura approaching the castle, and turned to glance over her shoulder as the woman pushed past the doors without even announcing her arrival and walked straight into the lounge the three of them were currently in. Sapphire turned completely around to face the blonde female as she began to speak, instantly picking up on the old English accent hidden in her well-spoken words. She definitely looked the part as well, fully dressed from head to toe in period clothing. The vampira stood her ground as the woman quickly approached, ominously silhouetted against the roaring flames behind her as her piercing violet hues met those of the younger vampire before she spoke in her usual velvety tones. "It is usually customary to introduce oneself after entering someone's home, and especially before asking for favors...." She paused just a moment to look over the woman. "But you've found what you seek, young one, I rule the coven that calls this place home. What do you need to ask of me?"

Shirtless Heckler

The woman, for one-tenth of a second, curled her lip up at the inconvenience of having to introduce herself. It was barely noticeable before her lips settled back into a neutral position, neither smiling nor frowning. She was on a mission and it felt to be an unnecessary thing as to introduce herself. She hardly planned on staying long at the Ubel manner. Her eyes focused on only that of Sapphire, though she had already caught gaze of the other two as she had entered. One was obviously human by the distinct underlying scent all humans had. The other, well, she couldn't quite pinpoint his race. Either way, her quest would be prolonged if she didn't do as instructed and she didn't want to fight off the three if it came down to that.

"The name is Zara. Zara Theroux and I am here to ask if a man with this marking has passed through here," she stated, wasting no time at all to get to the point. She was a woman of business, that was clear enough. Without hesitation she tossed the Ubel Leader the yellowed parchment. It was old and almost falling apart. The folded paper had a sketched out mark on it. The mark could only be described as a fancy scripted M with ornate vines that whip-lashed and curled around the letter.
It was the only lead she had into finding the noble vampire who had saved her from a long, painful death. She wasn't sure if it was the noble who had it or someone else, but they had to know something...if they were still alive.

Silence fell upon Zara as she awaited for a reply. What else could she do? Part of her hoped that after many years of searching, she would find an answer here, but the other part of her feared that if she got an answer, it wouldn't be the one she wanted. Her arms would fold loosely under her chest as her eyes continued to gaze straight into Sapphire's. It was clear Zara wasn't intimidated by anyone else. Not that she was looking for a fight, but she certainly wasn't weak and so she wouldn't act weak even around those who could overcome her in power.

Eloquent Hunter

Sapphire was watching the woman intently, and noticed her slightly disgust at having to interrupt her mission in order to introduce herself. If it was indeed that big of a deal, Sapphire would waste no time introducing herself in return. The woman's rush to have her answer was even more obvious as she shoved an old scrap of paper in to Sapphire's icy fingers, and the vampira would let her piercing gaze narrow on the blonde for a moment before she glanced down at the image drawn on the ancient parchment.

She didn't recognize the design or the name behind it, though she was able to decipher that it was a family crest of some sort, judging by the detailed script letter and intricate vine work encompassing the initial. The radial symmetry gave it away as well, since a vast majority of first name brands or call letters were much simpler in design than this one was. "No, Zara, I cannot say I have seen this before." She handed the younger vampire back the obviously important scrap of paper. "What else do you know of him?" The queen questioned, knowing the mark could have been covered up by clothing or other things.

Shirtless Heckler

As disappointed as she was with the answer, her face wouldn't express it. Without sighing or uttering a simple word, her slender fingers would reach out, taking the sketch back into her possession. At this point a frown finally broke the surface as she stuffed the paper into one of her pockets.
"I was afraid of that," Zara admitted softly, "I hit another dead end."
Softly she shook her head, the wavy tendrils that sprouted from her head shook in rhythm of each movement, some locks falling over her slender shoulders.
"It's all I saw of him before I awoke to a massacred town. It was on his arm. There's nothing else I can remember. It was so long ago and I still can't pick up a trace of him."

In frustration, Zara would look away, averting her eyes for once to stare at her clenched fist before muttering to herself.
"Tch, damn.."
It was near impossible to find this being as if he didn't want to be found at all, especially not by her.
After tensing, she finally relaxed, her fist uncurling from its position. After scouting all over the world, traveling from place to place, even visiting certain places over and over again, still nothing had turned up. Maybe it was time to give it a break and rest before heading out again. It didn't take too much time, but she thought it over and once her mind was made up she looked back at Sapphire, right into her violet hues.

"If you do not mind, I wish to take up residence here for a while."
Another part of her also hoped that as well known as it was to vampires, maybe her mystery man would end up coming to her.

Eloquent Hunter

Sapphire let her arms cross as soon as the paper was no longer in her possession, keeping her gaze on the young woman even as she dropped her own in disappointment. The female tried extremely hard to hide her emotions from the vampira, but she obviously didn't have enough self control to stop the sadness in her eyes. Sapphire pondered over the information about the location of the mark, still unable to come up with any beings that fit what she had described.

"We choose when to be seen, and when to remain hidden. He surely knows you are searching, if he was as selfless as you describe he would not simply leave you alone in the world." It may have sounded like a lecture, but the vampira spoke from centuries of experience. Vampires often kept tabs on one or more others throughout the centuries, even if their presences remained unknown to the people they were watching over. If Zara's mystery being was indifferent to her life after he saved her, her search would have turned up with at least some information. The fact that she had not recovered a single scrap of information meant he was doing a rather good job of hiding it.

Sapphire wasn't surprised when Zara asked for a room for the time being, and she nodded subtly after the blonde fell silent. "Of course. You'll find the guest quarters off to the right side of the grand staircase and humans in the dungeons if you grow hungry. Welcome to the Ubel, Zara."

Dangerous Reveler

Will would have crossed his arms if the left one wasn't in a sling. He remained silent as the two vampires conversed. A peek at the emblem sketched onto the piece of yellow parchment seemed oddly familiar to him, even though he only caught a glimpse, but no definite answer came to mind. If he had indeed seen that "M" on someone before, it was a really long time ago. Will's memory after a certain point was almost too fuzzy to recall. It's just what happens to the human mind when it sticks around longer than it's supposed to. Will looked over Zara when she asked to stay in Ubel for the time being. "A newcomer already, eh? Well, I guess introductions are in order. The name's Will," he said, giving Zara the same warm smile and nod that he gave everyone he met. She would not be able to smell any fear on this human, which is something that the newcomer may find strange since nearly any other human in the manor would try to go out of their way to avoid eye contact.

"Yo, Sapph, so, uh, what were you and Bishop talking about a second ago? Something about a plan to catch the flayer, I assume?" Will hadn't forgotten, nor had his blood seized boiling at the thought of the mind flayer still at large. Were his arms not so injured, he would have been scouring the manor himself with knife and handgun in tow. "If there's any way I can help catch him, let me know. I wanna see that b*****d pay for playing me like a puppet," he added, the fiery glint in his deep blue eyes still present.

A small part of him didn't want any part of nabbing the flayer. Whatever Sapphire and Bishop had planned, it was bound to be gruesome and brutal, and Will wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the vampira wanted him to be the bait in whatever plan she and the shadow were cooking up.

Eloquent Hunter

Sapphire turned her violet gaze back to Will as he perked up and wanted in on the plan she and Bishopp had been working on. She knew how much hatred ran through his veins for the mind flayer, yet he was not the only one who was going to rip their pound of flesh from this being when he was finally caught. Taliesen harbored even more animosity toward the creature who ripped people's consciouses away to take control of their bodies. The vampira remembered the fire behind Taliesen's eyes when he spoke of the man, unable to clear the image from her mind since he was always so calm and collected. Though the necromancer's hated for the creature ran deep and spanned many years, Sapphire's new desire to see his entrails spilled over the floor grew more intense with each day he walked free inside her castle, no doubt picking off the weaker human servants or the like in search of more information.

"Yes, William...The flayer will pay dearly for what he has done, and soon. We will offer him a mind on a silver platter, and watch from the shadows as the horrors revealed break his pitiful soul and leave him exposed and defenseless. He won't dare refuse when he sees how generous our offering will be, with such a close link to the library and other information that we know they are after." She spoke, venom dripping from every syllable of her usually velvety tones. Sapphire stepped back toward the chair she was seated in previously, picking up her glass of crimson liquid and bringing it to her lips as the very thought of hunting this being caused her bloodlust to spike.

"He will die only once every scrap of information is ripped from him, even if I have to take the answers from his very blood. Oh, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy torturing him...Taliesen gets the first go at him, but there will be plenty of time for you to hobble in and get a few blows in before Bishopp eats what is left of his body." Her wicked smirk returned as she took another sip of her drink, goosebumps forming on her pristine skin though they were obviously not due to the chill in the air. She enjoyed the thrill of the hunt far too much even in the eyes of other vampires, but she honestly didn't care what they thought. Sapphire never let a target escape before, and was not about to start now. The flayer would not have more than a single night to set his affairs in order before they found him and showed him the true power he and his allies were facing.

Vicious Aggressor

9,100 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Bishopp's lips split his face, peeling back obscenely, taking up much of the lower portion of his face in a ghastly ear-to-ear grin. Row after row of neat, white, bladed teeth gleamed.

"All in due time..."

It observed the new vampire briefly. Her willpower was impressive. He could sense it from here. If she put her mind to something she would die before she gave up. Admirable. Useful... His lips returned to their prior place as he smiled at Will. Soon enough the man could have his revenge.

Liberal Lover

Arya stood behind her father, hands clasped in front of her. She looked a little nervous, but only because she wasn't familiar with her setting. She'd been raised in a castle, sure, but there hadn't been so many.. vampires around. How would they react to her blood magic? She'd be drained dry on her first day here. Worry creased Arya's brow, slender fingers tucking back a piece of pale violet hair that had fallen from its braid. White wings shuffled at Arya's back, stocking clad feet kicking up stones from the ground below.

"What in due time, Dad?" Arya looked confused, head cocking to the side in a gesture similar to her mother's.

((From now on, I'll be posting from the account Arcadia Fae))

Eloquent Hunter

Sapphire turned from Will to look upon Bishopp as that wicked grin spread across his face, unable to hide a similar one from claiming her lips as she thought over their plan once more. The flayer was seeking a way to get information in regards to the crown and Ubel's defenses, and they were going to give him exactly what he wanted. Nearly as soon as their newest guest, Zara, had left in search of a room for herself, Sapphire became aware of another shadowed presence close to Bishopp, dropping her gaze to look upon the seemingly angelic creature that suddenly appeared behind the ever shifting form of the larger monster. The vampira's gaze narrowed slightly on the young woman when she addressed Bishopp as her father, thinking back to just a few weeks ago when Bishopp reemerged from the darkness to fuse himself with her shadow, and his young daughter somehow followed him to the new and daunting castle. She couldn't have been more than five or six years old at that point, whereas this young woman she saw before her was obviously the same person judging by her nearly identical appearance. She was no stranger to the world of slowed or quickened aging, but it did come as somewhat of a shock to see her grow so fast. She couldn't help but wonder how old Bishopp truly was if he shared the same aging rate.

Deciding to give them some time to settle in and talk amongst themselves, Sapphire grabbed the bottle of bloodwine left on a nearby table by the human bartender as well as her glass before crossing the room to the bar counter. She corked the bottle only after pouring herself another glass, leaning back against the counter as she took a sip. If William wasn't completely out of commission at the moment she would have highly considered taking a meal from him or tracking down his new human friend Felix, but unfortunately he had not healed yet from the clash he had with the flayer and herself. Sapphire turned her piercing violet gaze to the front doors, unlocked for the first time in centuries and just waiting for new blood to walk through, or better yet, some old blood. The queen brought the glass to her lips once again to take a sip as her gaze lingered on the entryway, picking up a faint yet familiar presence headed toward the castle.
Mystic sighed. "Being beckoned is such a strange feeling," The old soul Mystic wondered toward the mansion at a slow walking pace. A cloak covering his current form, no skin could be seen as he slowly made his way toward the mansion from the forest. "It is around here somewhere... I didn't check before hand on anything... it should be the the others that I knew, maybe even a few new broods," Mystic S'Jet was wondering about as he normally did, even when he went around with these for fun. After a very short while Mystic came to a clearing and saw the mansion.

"Wrong end..." Mystic said with a chuckle. He ended up behind the mansion and had to wonder around. The part that made Mystic S'Jet wonder upon this invitation was that it was from someone he didn't often have conversations with. When Mystic finally reached the front door. He reached forward, the cloak covering his hand making sure none of his skin was exposed, remaining under the cloak as he opened the door, a loud creaking could be heard coming from it. So much for not drawing attention. "Thanks... door..." Mystic muttered to himself as he closed the door and noticed an old friend looking at him.

Eloquent Hunter

Sapphire's lips curled into a small smirk as she saw the cloaked figure enter the castle, making a quiet snide remark at the squeakiness of the massive front doors. Her head cocked to the side just slightly as she wondered why those had never been fixed, especially since it was as easy as dripping some oil into the ancient hinges. The vampira straightened up, standing at her full height of six foot two now that she was no longer leaning back against the bar counter. If this had been a newcomer she would have left the glass of crimson liquid on the counter lest she immediately scare away anyone brave enough to venture into the castle. This being however was not easily swayed by her bloodthirsty ways. She had identified him as soon as he stepped foot inside, she was able to feel the power he held in his shell of a body as well as the link he continued to share with an outside, unseen source. Only two beings from her past lived as such, and the other was currently standing across the room.

Sapphire picked her glass up off of the counter as she stepped out of the lounge toward their guest, a hint of her wicked smirk still plastered to her full lips. She turned her piercing violet stare to the darkness shrouding his face, easily able to see through the shadows and meet his gaze. "Mystic...what a pleasure. It's been far too long since I've felt your presence in these walls." She stopped just a few feet from him, a small yet uncharacteristically warm smile moving to her lips. "Time has treated you well, I hope?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff