Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shame I can't make any posts around here.

Jellyflesh's Buttercup

Beloved Sweetheart

Raziel Vondrack
Shame I can't make any posts around here.

}{ Well why the frick not??? }{

Jellyflesh's Buttercup

Beloved Sweetheart

User Image
    ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ღღღ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
    Constance Ƚillian ϑrvaine
    Nephillim Avatar

“Sometimes your light shines so bright,
    that it blinds people from seeing who you really are.”

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ღღღ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

His intention to return to something the way it was was a noble thing. Its would have been nice to stay as things where, but time clearly changed this place from the bustling vibrant castle filled with love and all types of creatures, to something a bit more vacant, death reeked through the hallways, blood everywhere, and convergence of creatures that didn't seem to get along at all. He walked down to greet her, and she was glad for the company, though she hardly could express it.

" Has your curiosity been sated?" She questioned quietly as she let the sweet scent of all the lovely flowers collect in her memory of the moment. She hadn't the heart to tell him that Spider hadn't been seen on some time now, and that she had relinquished the throne some time ago. She didn't think it mattered much, not anymore. Her eyes, a now searing emerald color, blinked back at him and she tried to curl her lips into a smile, no matter how disingenuous.

"It seems like this place always welcomes people back, sometimes in the worst of ways. " Her fingers curled back from the flowers and fell to the small dagger at her side. " But welcome back non the less." She tilted her head gingerly and gave him a slight curtsey. She met eyes with his and they turned to walk along the garden path. The soft crunch of the pebbles echoing from under her feet as she walked.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Sielic smiled at the gardens around him. He gladly walked through them with her, despite bare feet. It did not matter much when reptilian scales covered the exposed skin on his body. He doubt he could fit into a decent pair of shoes anyway. He took in the slight change in demeanor as she finally looked at him straight for the first time since beginning to discuss things. As a shapeshifter, he understood the desire to hide features sometimes. He merely nodded.

"Sadly, I have much too much curiosity for it to be sated. One might think I was part feline, or had some in the blood."

He chucked quietly as they walked a little bit further.

"They usually do not even know a tenth of it. If only it was just feline blood in these veins of mine. Sadly, my blood has a little bit of everything mixed in it. While I was gone, I finally mastered a control over it. No more waking up and needing a mirror to see what I look like this time, and no more hiding during bad times in particular."

That last gave him a more feral grin, but anger lent this one heat and not happiness. It faded quickly, replaced by his usual warm smile. He continued to walk with her as they spoke, stopping only if she did. His eyes continued their rapid pattern, though, attempting to absorb everything around them.

Eloquent Hunter

--Short post--
Sapphire drew in a deep breath, running a hand through her hair as she turned to face Will again, obviously annoyed by the repeated intrusions but focused on the reason she'd brought the human down here into the secure vaults. It wasn't hard to see that Will was unsure about the situation, no doubt still remembering that he was on thin ice with her. "As I was saying, I had something made for you recently, and even though I thought it was going to turn to dust here in this vault after all the s**t you pull, I can't deny that it truly does belong with you." She trailed off, reaching for one of the two intricately carved wooden boxes that were not covered in a thick layer of dust. Her fingertips played along the lid for a moment before she undid the latch and opened the top, turning the whole thing so the human could see inside. "You are family, after all."

The box was lined with dark velvet, carefully tucked around a long and thin blade that Will may already recognize due to the one currently hanging on her hip, though both the blade and the handle were matte black, able to be completely hidden and stealthy as per Will's fighting style. The dagger harbored the intricate Ubel crest etched into the blade, but the handle was very different from a normal dagger. "I know how you like your gadgets..." The handle was crafted from a high grade titanium, chosen specifically for its metallic properties. Set into the side of the handle were three inconspicuous looking stones, though each of the three triggered a different strength and pattern of an electric shock that was sent down the blade. As long as Will was properly grounded, the low conductivity of the titanium handle would save him from the brutal strength of the jolt. "Hopefully the mods on this will suit your needs." Normally electrical devices needed a power source, but with the inclusion of one of Tal's beloved crystals deep in the handle's core, the weapon never needed to be charged or changed in any way, and was always battle-ready. Sapphire hadn't planned it like this, but the strength and intensity of the current that would come forth from Williams's new dagger surpassed even the power of the electrified batons that she had the displeasure of encountering during the run-in with Will's former bosses. "The first delivers a short but strong pulse, meant to incapacitate, the second delivers enough electricity to stop a human heart, and the third... Well, I'll just say to use that one with caution. The titanium handle is rather low in conductivity, but it won't save you from everything, especially at a higher intensity."

Dangerous Reveler

Will's eyes lit up when the weapon case in Sapphire's hands opened up to reveal a long, sleek black knife. It's handle had what looked like three separate buttons, but he had a feeling that this weapon utilized magic as opposed to electronics. As he reached for the weapon and took it in his right hand, his attention returned to Sapphire when she spoke. "You... You think I'm family?" he asked, surprised to hear those words. "I'm not even a vampire, let alone an Ubel," he added with a small shrug. Will twirled the knife back and forth in his hand, getting a feel for the way the blade balanced. "Thank you, Sapph."

When Sapphire told him how the weapon worked, Will immediately pressed the first button and grinned mischievously at the sight of the arcs of electricity running down the blade. Upon pressing the middle button, the arcs became large and more frequent. It was apparent that this dagger had a lot of power in it. Will considered the third button, but he ultimately decided against it after hearing the vampira's advice.

The human faced Sapphire again as he continued to spin the knife effortlessly in his hand. "What made you reconsider after the s**t I made you go through on my behalf?" He raised a brow, leaning back against a different rack of dusty weapons. Such a change of heart was unlike her, and Will could tell that there was something more to this.

Eloquent Hunter

The vampira could tell that Will was pleased the instant he laid eyes on the blade. He had every reason to be surprised, because just a few hours ago even she wasn't sure if this specialized custom weapon was going to rot down here in the vaults. She expected his questions, and she already had an answer. "You may not be a vampire or an Ubel by blood, but you married into this family, and everything you've done has been for either Kasey or the coven, save for a few bad decisions." She paused, watching him survey and toy with his new weapon. "I can feel a part of her within you." Sapphire spoke bluntly, meeting his gaze. As unusual as it was for her to change her mind about things like this, the long-lost presence of her niece, even if faintly, caused her to reconsider.

Sapphire watched him test out the weapon, her lips curling at the wicked crackling and popping sounds sent off as the current made its way down the blade, arcing away from the metal every now and then. "Be careful with that. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it is incredibly powerful." She trailed off, her mind drifting. "...Do me a favor and go talk to Tal when you get a chance? He'd like to see that you're alive, I doubt he noticed when you came to find me, he was quite busy with his demon friend. He probably hates my guts right one for not getting you out of that; he doesn't understand duels or traditions like that." She understood why Tal was mad, but that's just how things worked here, so she wasn't too concerned, but the fact that he was pissed off at her on a night that was supposed to be relaxed and joyous due to his return was suddenly not so relaxing. Sapphire's gaze shifted back to the locked door, able to feel the human brunette from before finally approaching to wait for her owner. The vampira's bloodlust still wasn't sated, but she would likely have to sit at least another few hours before she could take some time to enjoy her blood doll, in order to deal with the remnants of whatever drama was happening around the castle.

Jellyflesh's Buttercup

Beloved Sweetheart

User Image
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ღღღ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Nephillim Avatar

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ღღღ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

She tended to get lost in words when people talked to her, She tended to translate them into other languages in her mind. Her knowledge of languages and history was almost endless, and she hardly ever used that knowledge to her advantage, she hadn't needed too. When it came to blood she knew very little more than what she had read in the stacks of books in the library. So it was there, as she and her old friend chatted about the generic things, she realized something. Maybe Sapphire was right, and she didn't belong here, not now, not ever. She waited a few moments and then her thoughts linger past her lips into words.

" Some things are best left unspoken or unknown. "

She wasn't trying to be rude, or hurtful, but the truth was, it was better to be left in the shadows alone, than be seen and hated. She continued to walk along the path, her quiet reflection louder than most of the words she had been speaking. They almost made it halfway down the path, towards the cemetery before she even managed to speak again.

" It shouldn't matter what you are, this place should be a home. "
User Image

It had been nearly an hour since Viktor bathed off the blood along with all the dirt that accumulated during his fight with the intruder. Once stepping out and into the main room of his chamber he sis go back and put on his armor, but instead a black dress robe with red edging and along each arm a red cross adorned with white outlining. Then came the knock upon his chambers door which made his head turn toward it slightly, but no one entered. Lowering his head he knew who it was and with no hesitation walked over to a cabinet and opened it slowly reveling another set of armor clasping in front of it an ornate sword polished to a mirrors shine and decorated with Latin text down its center all the way to the swords pointed edge. Taking hold of the sword and sheathing it then clasping it around his waste, Viktor moved out of his chamber and began to journey down to the lower parts of the castle.

It had only taken him several minutes before he moved into a room with high walls and a domed ceiling. Hardly saying a word he moved into place as did those already with in the chamber and with hooded heads bowed with clasped hands in front of them. Five more minutes had passed and with one fluid motion each took hold of their sword and drew them out of their sheathes and held them in front of them. Again as one they all held their sword with its edge pointing down upon the floor and drew it down into a small slit. The swords echoed as they made contact with the cement floor and once the noise disappeared they let the hilt of their swords go and took two step back raising their hands up, palms facing the ceiling and arms slightly stretched out. More silence with in the chamber but it was Viktors voice that broke the silence, but it wasn't as if he was speaking but singing in a chant and the other fallowed him each letting out a low bellow or high pitch and it echoed through out the chamber and down the halls leading up to the main floor of the castle.

Chant

Dangerous Shapeshifter

He nodded quietly at her. He looked ahead and saw where the path headed, scanning it quickly. A cemetery at the end of the garden path seemed a great metaphor to him and he could not refrain from smiling at it. He hummed in the gaps of the conversation, though the tune changed every few bars. He kept pace with her, though his steps sometimes slowed and sped up to match the rhythm that he hummed. He easily became lost in his tunes sometimes, walking for long times that seemed to never end. He enjoyed wandering.

"Everyone does enjoy having a home, and being in it. Though, and I've avoided this topic for a bit now, you seem quite uncomfortable in your own home. I had thought it just an odd emotion playing across your features, but it has continued. Is everything well with you, and the castle?"

He had not wanted to mention it, but it was a glaring issue to him. It played across her face and featured strongly in her words. It would come out on its own, if he let it, but he'd rather it be out and dealt with one way or the other. His own face kept the warm smile he adopted so regularly, and he did not prod beyond the straight question.

Dangerous Reveler

Will sheathed his knife when Sapphire spoke of him being family due to marrying into the Ubel. She was right in that sense, yet Will couldn't help but feel a little out of place sometimes amongst the vampires here. He was just a human, but somehow he was more part of the family than Constance somehow currently. Will didn't quite understand it and he chose not to dwell on it too much. He was welcome here and that was all that mattered. When Sapphire noted that she could sense her niece in him, Will placed a hand on his heart. He could feel it too, the presence of another, even though the only people in the armory were the Queen and himself. "I think I'm gonna lay low for a bit and think about what you said. Thanks again, Sapph," Will said, placing a hand on Sapphire's shoulder before he turned and left the secured armory.

The human had made his way back up to the west wing, back up to the attic, and out onto the roof where he had been before Damien had ever reared his head. Just like before, Yue was there gazing out into the countryside. Will approached and stopped beside her, heaving a sigh as he bent over to sit down with his feet dangling over the side of the castle. "Hey, Yue. I guess I owe you an explanation for what happened back there," he muttered, his steel blue gaze averted from her. Of course he was talking about how she nearly watched that vengeful vampire from before nearly blow his brains out in front of the poor girl.

"Do you want the whole story, or just the abridged version?" he asked, not wanting to talk her ear off over such a complicated story if he didn't have to. The truth was that even he didn't get how things had managed to become so convoluted. Will finally looked over at Yue, studying her eyes for any kind of inclination as to how she was feeling. The human would understand if the dhampir was angry at him, or if she determined that he must be hiding something from her if random people were busting the doors down to get a piece of him. Regardless of how angry or upset Yue might feel towards him, though, Will was dead set on making sure that she knew the whole truth.

A massive black cat had been prowling at the tree line for the past hour or so, occasionally slipping past the edge of the forest to get a better look at the castle. The feline stood about five feet tall at the shoulder, jet black save for the unusual eyes; one bright green and one an icy blue. He stared intently at the castle, searching for any signs of remaining inhabitants or any clue that the rumors about this place were indeed true. After a long while, he caught a glimpse of someone moving past one of the windows, followed shortly by two figures that exited out into the gardens. That was all the confirmation he needed, soon slipping from the darkness of the tree line to cross the grounds with long and limber strides. As he approached the front doors, he placed a massive paw on the wood and pushed the heavy doors open as if they were light as a feather. Once in the foyer the giant feline started to shift and change, fluidly transforming into a man. The demon straightened up to his full height of six feet tall, running a hand through his dark hair as he looked around the foyer. He was wearing dark jeans, but no shirt. As a shapeshifter, he always felt restricted when wearing too much clothing, and more often than not decided to just go topless. On his upper left arm was a thick leather band, tooled with the Ubel crest as well as an ancient symbol; the signature of his owner.

The pet had many names, but he was known to the Ubel family as Eclipse. He didn't expect any to remember him, especially if his owner was dead or missing like most of the rest, but even though his beginning here was shaky, he grew to love this place, and it was probably the only place he would consider calling home. Eclipse turned down a random hallway, not headed anywhere in particular, just wandering. He knew that sooner or later he would run into someone, or someone would find him.

Volivia's King

O.G. Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
User Image

xxxJian "Savage" Liúxxx

Jian was not a name commonly spoken in the English tongue, in fact, only travelers and business men had probably ever heard it. Yet, this was not the name that the tattered and scarred young man went by. China had been a horrible place for him back when he still lived in the massive country. Abandoned at birth, he was found on the doorstep of a prominent martial arts dojo in the Xuhui district. Luckily for the child, the Sensei had no children nor a wife of his own to love and be proud of. So the boy was taken in and raised around much fighting and violence, but at the same time, respect and kindness. After a few days of care, the Sensei named him Jian Liu, which roughly meant Blade of Destruction, due to the young man's tendency to break things, even as an infant. This curse followed him through adolescence and adulthood, as his name seemed to give him the power to crush his opponents and things around him. After learning the basics of martial arts, he was almost undefeated except of course by his adopted father. Jian was a prominent member of the community, coming from incredibly humble beginnings he truly had no family or name to lean against. His days outside the dojo were filled with grueling and brutal labor, as his father had become too old to attend his day-to-day job reliably. A few years passed, and every year his pseudo-father's condition worsened from a cough to physical weakness and again to being totally bed-ridden. The other pupils felt terribly for both their Sensei and their friend Jian, who truly knew nothing outside of his life in the dojo. The day finally came when Jian was twenty years old that Sensei Liú passed away. The following days were filled with much confusion from the boy as he attempted to work his job and teach the incoming students everything that his father had taught him. Yet his curse was not gone, and the more and more he screwed up at work the harder and more stressful his life became. Jian knew only one way to alleviate his stress and anger toward the world, by training his hardest.

One day however, Jian's tendency to destroy and crush sent him down a path he could never forget. Walking home from a local market, he heard a commotion and lots of shifting down a deserted street. Unfortunately for him, Jian was not a man who could just leave well enough alone, he had to investigate the source of the noise. Turning the corner, he saw several men roughing a woman up, but not as if they were robbing or raping her. One held her seemingly limp body, his mouth firmly over her neck. His heart jumped in his chest, and a chill ran down his spine as he looked directly into the woman's fading eyes.
"Stop!" Jian yelled, dropping his food and sprinting toward the group. Two of the three men immediately fled into the shadows, almost as if they had been some kind of demons. The other was apparently too enthralled in the woman to react quickly enough. "HA!" The young man yelled as he sent a palm flying at the man's now attentive face. The woman fell to the ground and Jian did not let up, as if something inside him had finally given way. The man, with blood dripping from the side of his mouth and now his nose, was pummeled to a pulp. Jian slammed his heel into the side of his mouth, spinning him a bit as the young man then grabbed his shoulder to stop him, punching him across the face a few more times before knocking him to the ground. Jian then cocked his foot back and kicked him hard across the face, appearing to have knocked him out. The young man instantly turned his attention to the woman, and knelt next to her. There were two large holes in her neck, and blood was leaking from them profusely. Jian held her up in an attempt to speak to her a bit, but he saw the light fade from her eyes and he set her down lightly. Looking down at his now shaking hands, he had a mixture of three people's blood on his hands. Turning around to see the status of his victim, he noticed the man had already slinked into the shadows and had ran away. Horrified, the young man sprinted home as fast as he could, not ready to be blamed for the murder of a young woman.

However, sleep did not come easily that night to the young martial artist, his thoughts were haunted by the dull and listless look in the woman's fading eyes. He woke up multiple times in a sweat, ready to swing at what or whoever may have been in his room. Even his restlessness did not help him though, in the middle of night he was grabbed by the same three men. Jian tried to struggle but it seemed together they had the strength of 10-20 men. Then, all was darkness for at least 1-2 days. It was during that darkness that he truly understood what was happening to him. It was lucky that he was taught English by his father, otherwise he would have been lost in the details. Part of an "exotic" shipment from the Triad, he was apparently some kind of slave to these screwed up blood-loving bastards. It took far too long for him to realize, but the stories of blood-drinking beasts was more than true and he was being carted to them right now. One thing that Jian did know, was that he would be no slave even if he had to fight to the death to prove it.

Jellyflesh's Buttercup

Beloved Sweetheart

User Image
    ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ღღღ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
    Nephillim Avatar

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ღღღ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

The stars above shimmered and shone, glittered the sky with swirls of delicate patterns and the images of the gods and their children. Stories written in the sky for everyone to walk beneath, to admire. She often let her eyes lift the skies, long enough to wonder why it never seemed to change. She continued to walk and tried her best not to pause at his mention of being comfortable in ones own home. She often wondered how many in the castle knew her well enough to know the shame she must has set over the great bloodlines. Not vampire born, not even born into one of the various tribes or families. She kept her gaze away and turned along the path as they walked , the fountain in clear sight the musical echoes of falling water playing in the air, almost as graceful as a song from her lips. Ever calming. She managed to stop just before the path split between the fountain and the cemetery. With a tilt of her head she set her eyes on him. Hair of dark charcoal color curled about her angelic features, while the pale of her skin set into silver against he moonlight. Her lips parted and with little care for how it sounded she stated.

" This isn't my home, I don't think it ever truly was."

He had smiled at her, but her eyes seemed so very stagnant, shadowed and almost cruel. She had always been such a sweet and loving creature, she was never so cold. But,those words cut her like a knife, her heart could have shattered into a thousand sharp pieces and fallen to the ground to be stepped on. She tilted her head away, and walked towards the fountain, unsure if he would follow.

Dangerous Shapeshifter

"Homes are tough to find, tougher to keep. Some call places home, and some people. If it is not your home, then you must find a new one, of course. That is the only real option anyone ever really has. This place has always been welcoming, as you are aware, so even if you were to find a new home, I am sure you could still visit and find welcome as well. If you would like to travel abroad, I am sure you can find willing travelling companions as well. Adventures are good for the blood, no matter what kind of blood actually flows through you. Cities of man have interesting devices and architecture, but are filled with man who is still generally ignorant and dim witted."

He looked forward to her, and followed along slowly. He reminisced over his time in several cities, keeping to shadows when he could. The cities were welcoming in their grandeur, yet frightening in their ignorance. Most would rather stab you as soon as look upon you if you were unlike them. He shook his head. The cities of man were interesting to visit, but too boring to stay in. His steps were soft as he caught up.

"Of course, the real question is... why have you remained for so long if it is not your home? What keeps you here, hm? That is the answer you must find before you move on."

He produced a folding fan, seeming to stare at it thoughtfully. His fingers traced the more delicate engravings on the side and unfolded it slightly, peering into it. He suddenly snapped it back closed and wrapped his hand around it as he looked back up to her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff