Who is the most tragic figure?

Vash 0.25757575757576 25.8% [ 17 ]
Spike 0.10606060606061 10.6% [ 7 ]
Homura 0.28787878787879 28.8% [ 19 ]
Other 0.34848484848485 34.8% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 66 ]

Elder

Ruby looks down at the gem.

Ruby: Tell me Judas? Do you see any threats staring us in the face?

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*Judas is silent for a long moment, then he replies keeping his tone consistent*

Judas: Other than the things you want to be threats? Other than the threats you've created? No...I don't. Even Vlad isn't a threat to the world, only me...Hell I'd wager my kingship that he would stop being so violent if he got what he wanted. Might even just die from joy...But if you see or know something I don't, please tell me. And before this gets put down a a lack of faith and a test of loyalty in the history books, it isn't. I'm sick of it Ruby, I've done everything I've been told to, I've lived up to my training and upbringing, but I'm not gonna follow some one who can't pick a path.

Elder

Ruby picks up the locket.

Ruby: I have picked a path Judas. Think about it for a second, if this is all my doing why should I care about Diamond, Garnet, or Topaz? They aren't my problem, I don't know them. Why should I care? It's because what is happening is WRONG. The labs, the gems, the handlers, all if it is wrong! This isn't about my past anymore Judas, I owe these people nothing yet here I am. You want to know why? To help them! This whole thing isn't about just burning down labs it's saving people, not just the gems but those that would be brought in as test subjects to try out all their horrible tech on. I'm not on a path of sole destruction, nor am I on a sole path of salvation. My enemies are in the shadows and I don't know many there are but I will keep fighting these monster, those that force people to make choices they wouldn't want to make. I will fight for choice.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Judas: Is that so? did you stop to think about it all? Opal, Diamond, Topaz, the others, even you...none of you would even exist without them, and that seems to be the biggest piece of the puzzle, they gave you life Ruby, you do realize without them you would not be here correct?

Elder

Ruby: Ya that thought did cross my mind. But if it wasn't for you guys I'd be a tool at their disposal like everyone else. You guys haven't just helped me, you've saved me.

Her voice softens.

Ruby: And for that I'm greatful.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*Judas stands in silence still facing away from her*

Elder

Ruby: When Boogie came on the ship he beat everyone to get to me. He would have killed all of you to get me back. I didn't want that, that's why I threw myself off of the ship, to save you all. But even then you all charged in to get me back. But they had changed me, you guys didn't stand for that and dove into my chaotic mindscape to find me. You guys found me and brought me back to safety. Not just physically but mentally.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*Judas remains silent, but sighs and loosens his tensed state

Elder

Ruby: I'm sorry Judas. I'm sorry for everything I've put you through, both in this life and the last.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Judas: you still don't get it...Its not about me Ruby, Its about everyone here.

Shirtless Lover

-Before Ruby and Judas converse-

A figure walks down the halls and knocks at the team Cains door. Noctis stands and opens the door to see Dark standing there holding a new shirt.

Noctis: Ah hell...

Dark smiles but it just gives off an air of creepiness, like this man being happy was just plain wrong.

Dark: Now, I just came to bring my favorite student a new shirt and a some aid.

He tosses Noctis the shirt and bundled up in it are three vials with purple liquid inside.

Noctis: Gee, thanks. Your healing potions taste horrible.

Dark: Yeah well, they work better then your run of the mill potion or even some healing spells.

Noctis: Pft, whatever. Thanks.

Noctis and Zephyr push passed Dark and start to make for the infirmary. As he does he hears the later half of the conversation between Judas and Ruby. He enters and hands one of the vials to Shade.

Noctis: Here. Should eliminate any excuse you may have for getting out of bed.

He then turns towards Judas.

Noctis: I can't speak for everyone else nor do either of us have the right to but If I had any complaints I'd voice them. I don't. I'm pretty sure we all know what we are getting ourselves into and are free to leave when ever it pleases us. Oh and Shade...that potion will heal you up pretty good but...god is it the most horrid and vile thing that will make contact with your tongue.

He starts to exit the room and puts his shirt on.

Dapper Humorist

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Healer 50
Shade: Hmm?

* He looks at the vial, cocking an eyebrow, swirling it around a bit, a very uncertain look on his face, answer before he left the area.*

Shade: How vile are we talking here?

* He said, still analyzing the potion.*

Elder

Ruby: You are right Noctis, you are free to leave when you wish.

She looks over at Judas again.

Ruby: Do you think I enjoy letting the others fight these kinds of fights? Boogie, Nagi, Mystic, and all the other nasty people we've faced? Do you think I send you guys into battle without a care or worry?

Eloquent Lunatic

10,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Judas: starting to wonder...I'll say one last thing, I'm not a pawn Ruby and whether you are or are not doing so, Don't use my emotions to control me...if i find out that is whats happening...Unifier or not, You'll have a problem...

*with that Judas leaves regardless of further words*

Elder

Ruby looks at him dumb founded, shocked by what he had said. Her eyes switch from brown to red in a heart beat as she rushes in front of him her eyes blazing.

Ruby: After all this you have the balls to think I think of you as nothing more then a GOD DAMN PAWN! To think that the though has crossed your mind.

She clutches the pendent so hard that blood drips from it. Her voice starts to crack and she seems on the verge of tears.

Ruby: I'm not like her, I'm not like that thing that calls itself my mother. You people aren't just chess pieces to be discarded once I have no further use for you. Why would you think that?

Her eyes start to shift back to brown once her anger subsides replaced with sadness.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff