Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

User Image

Henry narrowed his eye out of growing tenseness as the being in the armor belittled Evanora only to step around her and ask for the paper in the printer's possession as if the threat against humanity wasn't still hanging in the air. The one-eyed redhead frowned coldly at the request, his suspicion not lessened in the least by the copper coins. A shopping list the being had called the contents of the paper, though what a member of the creature army who could shift forms and speak telepathically would need to shop for was beyond Henry. Even so, Chorozon seemed to be telling the truth from what the human male could tell and the coins seemed to be real enough in spite of their unaccountable appearance from inside the armor. So perhaps the paper was harmless enough, giving it back shouldn't put any lives in danger if that was the case. On the other hand, the idea of helping such a blatant enemy with anything at all, even something as mundane as shopping, chafed at Henry's sensibilities. Sure, Chorozon was offering payment for the parchment now, but the gesture hardly made up for his threats and the print shop could withstand the loss of a couple coppers. Placing his hand in his pocket as he deliberated, the redhead fiddled with the paper without withdrawing it. It was only a shopping list, but its creator had threatened not only Henry himself, but also his guest, his home, and his people. The printer saw no good coming from doing business with such an individual, even over something as harmless as a shopping list.

Henry removed his hand from his pocket and crossed his arms over his chest before speaking. "Keep your coins, Sir." The young man responded coldly, "I don't do business with people who threaten me. I'm sure you can make another copy of your list when you return to your own dwelling. This draft will stay in my possession." Undoubtedly that answer was not one Chorozon wanted to hear, but Henry meant every word and wasn't about to back down from his decision.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Company: Evanora and Chorozon
Doing: Kicking out an intruder
OOC: ((WOOHOO!!! Managed a post! There is hope yet. emotion_kirakira ))

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
~~Raise your voice,~~
~~Sticks and stones may break my bones.~~
~~I'm talkin' loud, not sayin' much.~~

Some scars never fade.
--Lot Lirem--
-Hidden Mystic-

Surprisingly, the undead creatures were more simple to fend off than Lot had dreaded. Even without use of her magic and in spite of the blazing irritation brought about by her unwanted companion, the young mystic was able to keep moving down the path at a reasonable speed until dawn broke. Relief surged through the brunette as many of the undead fled from the sunshine, retreating into the woods, though any hope of respite was swiftly crushed when a large tree uprooted itself and started to attack the trio. A rumbling sound of frustration and exasperation escaped Lot's throat before she reflexively fell into a fighting stance. Unfortunately this thing was huge and made of animated wood;her rapier wasn't likely to do much damage. In any other circumstance the mystic would have launched a magic attack on the creature, but on this island magic only ever made things worse. So what options did that leave?

Running was always an option, but the tree blocked the forward path and retreating to the springs still seemed like a useless move, not to mention that the tree may very well thwart any escape attempts. Besides, Styx was already attacking the tree with what seemed to be a blade of energy, so avoiding a fight completely was not an option for that reason. Sure, Lot could turn her back and try to escape while the tree killed the irritating crusik for her, but that just seemed wrong. Leaving someone to die, irritating or not, was simply cruel and the young mystic wasn't so devoid of human decency to do something like that.

So fighting it was. The question now was how to do so effectively. If she could only burn it somehow then perhaps she could weaken it. But where was that fire going to come from? She couldn't just produce some with her magic, that would only aggravate the situation. No, she needed natural fire. She had some matches in her backpack, but she couldn't risk dropping her guard to dig for them...but maybe someone else could. Looking down at the green slime she held, Lot gestured with her head for her friend to move around to her backpack. "Zac, look through my pack and find me some matches and lantern oil." She said simply before sheathing her rapier, turning back to where the tree was, and running towards it with the intention of jumping into its branches. This wasn't the safest of moves, but she was low on options and staying at a distance didn't look like one of them. She needed to get in close if she was going to set the tree monster alight and staying on the ground was likely to get her trampled.

When it looked like a branch was within a reasonable distance, Lot jumped towards the monster, arms outstretched to grab the branch. In those brief airborne moments the young woman prayed that her plan would somehow work.

~~Shoot me down, but I won't fall~~
~~I am Titanium~~

Company: Styx, Zac, and the tree monster
Mood: Dangerous
OOC: (( ))

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
~~Chastity Glenfield~~
~Merciful Angel of War~

The silver-eyed angel was about to enter the shrine when a wisp of a familiar young voice caught her ear. Slightly confused but also instantly concerned, Chastity turned away from the shrine's entrance, looking out towards the forest in the direction of the voice. "Pelay?" She questioned quietly, moving away from the doorway. The voice came again with what seemed to be a call for help. Glancing back at the sphinx, Chasity dropped a slight curtsy out of respect. "Please excuse me but I think I hear one of my companions in need of aid." She said quickly before turning and rushing into the woods yet again, following the voice. No grand path was prepared for the angel this time, so her steps were met with thick underbrush which hindered her, though the vegetation seemed mercifully peaceful.

After a bit of searching, Chastity found Pelay in the company of an injured and unconscious Silvia. Knowing that her skills would be needed, the angel hastened to the pair's side, dropping to her knees to examine Silvia. "Mercy, spare her." The healer whispered before looking up at the little girl. "Are you hurt at all, Pelay?" She asked, studying the child carefully for any sign of injury.

~I will fight and I will stand.~

Companions: The sphinx --- > Pelay and Silvia
Mood: Grateful

Eloquent Seeker

16,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Champion 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
-- I think we have an emergency --*-- I think we have an emergency --
-- If you thought I'd leave then you were wrong --*-- Because I won't stop holding on --

Christina "Claws" Lirem
Leader of the Noble Shadows

-- This is an emergency --*-- So are you listening? --
-- And I can't pretend that I don't see this --

Good General Legion was not shy about being suspicious, was he? Not that she could blame him for harboring suspicions, after all, he undoubtedly had to deal with countless forms of deceptions and veiled threats so he was likely suspicious of most everything. Still, the fact that he was so blatant about not believing everything she said struck Claws as a bit odd. Oh well, she'd simply have to solidify her front even further in case he came poking around again, which the tone of his parting statement insinuated he would.

Laughing lightly as if the complement were genuine, Christina smiled pleasurably at Legion. "Why thank you. Take care, General." She said kindly with a parting wave as the white-haired man took his leave. The pair of strangers left not long after, their expressions implying that they were off to somewhere of specific importance though the mystic woman didn't know what as she hadn't taken the pains to listen to their conversation. Now left in peace, the two Shadows turned to one another and let out small sighs of relief. Wordlessly, Thomas wrapped one arm around his friend's shoulders and pulled her to rest against him. Christina allowed her head to drop back against his shoulder and she smiled tiredly at him, an expression which he returned. They both needed some rest.

-- It's really not your fault --*-- That no one cares to talk about it --*-- To talk about it --
-- Cause' I've seen love die way too many times --*-- When it deserved to be alive --
-- I've seen you cry way too many times --*-- When you deserved to be alive --
--*-- Alive --*--

Company: Thomas, Legion, and a couple strangers
Mood: Exhausted

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items