Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
                              Rin Delacroix

HP: 100% • MP: 100%

The sun was high in the sky, it was the middle of an autumn school day. Despite this Rin was nowhere near the school. Although he might have preferred to stay locked in his room, being around his family was starting to feel uncomfortable after the number of times he had ditched school. Surely programming games was teaching him more than anything high school had to offer, he told himself. He sat himself on a park bench and flipped open his laptop. Not far away was an ice cream vendor but he was too eager to get to work to pay it any attention, instead it was a distraction if anything.

He plugged a pair of headphones into the laptop and wasted no time opening his game's script. He had an odd dream last night, it wasn't a lucid dream, at least not right up until the end. It was if humanity was wiped from the face of the Earth and plants had quickly overtaken Somnio City, he had yet to realize it was a vision of Novus. It wasn't until he saw Niku-tan that he immediately woke up. Niku-tan was of course a popular (amongst otaku) digital idol with blue hair and cat ears, she was an obsession for Rin, the only love interest of his fan-game and the trigger that often allowed him to realize he was dreaming and turn it into a lucid dream. The dream had inspired him to add a post-apocalyptic ending with the heart warming conclusion that the player was not all alone, Niku-tan was there as well.

Little did he know, his life was about to take a drastic turn in the park that day. A certain Vespa riding girl would soon steer his life in an unexpected direction. Would that direction be a lucky, or an unlucky one?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Aged Scamp

User Image
                                User Image

Condition: Green
                                Health: 100%
                                Mana: 100%

" . . . The science goals of Astrophysics are breathtaking: we seek to understand the universe and our place in it. We are starting to investigate the very moment of creation of the universe and are close to learning the full history of stars and galaxies . . . " Mr. Jones, a science teacher at Smiths High school droned on in his normal boring dull-set voice " . . . We are discovering how planetary systems form and how environments hospitable for life develop. And we will search for the signature of life on other worlds, perhaps to learn that we are not alone . . . ".

The students listened and took notes as he drew nearly illegible diagrams on the whiteboard. All the students that is except Esther Salomon. Esther would likely had been dozing off in the corner of the classroom, day dreaming of a world she had yet to learn was called Novus. But Alas, Esther was not in class today.

Earlier that day, Esther had found a mysterious note in her locker - a sealed letter to be exact with a heart shaped sticker holding it together. She cringed at the sight of it, immediately knowing who it was from: Albert Higgins. Student Council member, manager of the schools Line-Dancing squad and boss of the notorious Swing Gang, a high school gang comprised of members of the Smith's various dance related clubs. Esther knew Albert had his eye on her for some time. She'd been stalked about town for the better part of the month by various members of the line dancing squad and had received multiple requests in letter form to join the Swing Gang despite not being a member of any music-related clubs or even in the good graces of the student council. Among Student council and gang bosses at Smith High school, Albert was known for four things: his talent in line dancing, his annoying tenacity, his bad temper and first and foremost his extremely large, almost beak shaped nose which seemed to hang down well passed his bottom lip and shook from side to side when he moved his head. A villainous character if Esther had ever seen one before.

So needless to say in an attempt to avoid any contact with Albert or his cronies Esther ditched class to spend the better part of the afternoon in the park, hoping desperately that her rejection would be enough to halt his advances on her. Unfortunately however fate would not be so kind, and shortly after parking her Vespa and buying an iced cream cone from the park concessions stand she would see why. "Darn..." Esther muttered to herself, hiding her mouth behind the mound of creamy vanilla, chocolate and sprinkles "They're here too?". From the corner of her eye she could see a Swing ganger hiding behind some bushes and brandishing a pair of binoculars.

'Ditching this guy won't do any good... Higgins has probably posted goons all over town.' she sighed continuing to contemplate her options 'And I can't go home either, Mom would have a fit if she found out I'd been ditching class again. Hmm-mm...' She looked around, the park was surprisingly busy for mid autumn 'There's too many people in the park to pick a fight, someone would surely call the popos in to split it up... Maybe I'll just grit my teeth and bear it... or... wait!' She grinned widely, noticing a young man dressed in a Smiths Highschool uniform sitting on a park bench alone and quickly ran over to him the binoculars following her the whole way.

Plopping down next to him she nudged him lightly with her elbow to get his attention, however that seemed to fail in getting his attention so instead she pulled back his headphones hearing a faint but obnoxiously cute pop song play play from the headset however before he could respond she spoke to him in a hushed tone "I'm being followed..." she said, motioning her head to the Leotard Clad Swing Ganger hiding out in the bushes "Pretend you're my boyfriend for a bit and I'll make it worth your while.".
User Image
                              Rin Delacroix

My eyes slowly opened, the city was eerily untouched, but there were no longer any signs of human life. How had it all come to this? How was I still alive? I immediately began to search for her, but there didn't appear to be any signs of her either. I had intended to protect her, but she must have protected me instead. ...But how could I go on without her? ...I suppose she must have felt the same way. Before my heart could fully sink into despair, a voice spoke up from behind me.

"I'm being followed..."
                              Rin jumped in surprise as his script writing was suddenly interrupted by a whisper in his ear. His headphones dropped from atop his head to around his neck. The song became quite more audible now. He had been somewhat aware that someone had sat next to him, and even nudged his elbow however he thought it was just one of those people who sit next to someone even with open benches around. Or one of those people who sets down their things just a foot away from someone else on a beach. Apparently his strategy of ignoring them, not looking at them and hoping they went away was not going to work.

Himehime! (Hime!) Hime !
                              Sukisukidaisuki ♥
                              Hime! (Hime!) Hime!
                              Kirakirarin ☆

Realizing that the song was still playing and was audible through the headphones hanging around his neck, he slapped the laptop closed. His heart was beating out of his chest from a mixture of surprise, embarrassment and the shock of being touched by a girl. Seemingly undeterred by his exaggerated movements, Esther continued to whisper to him, "Pretend you're my boyfriend for a bit and I'll make it worth your while."

Rin looked at her in shock, still surprised that she was sitting so close to him. What was this chance encounter? Was this a chance to set some sort of event flag? But if he did that... it seemed like it would lead to him needing to protect her from some sort of ex-boyfriend. He could already imagine the injuries coming his way. Just when it seemed like his cowardice would win out in this inner-battle, a thought came to mind. When had he ever had the opportunity to be someone's boyfriend? When would he have that chance again? "...O-Okay. What do I need to do?"

Super Waffles

User Image

There was probably a Creation Shard past the back wall of the area that they had been fighting in – there were some pretty high walls separating this area from the back pseudo-room. While that was true, they hadn’t seemed and didn’t seem high enough to entirely block out every attempt of going over the couple of walls, if an animal like a small bird or mouse-sized one tried to climb it, or had even managed to get into the dungeon in the first place. Neither Miro nor the few-years-older guy were that small, or had any means - from special abilities - to get that small, though. She couldn’t really call him a guy though, in a specific sense, though; since he was– actually pretty much her mentor. This was because she had gotten a lot of help in crossing in between worlds, as well as a number of facts and lessons about dungeons and stuff about Mundana and Novus in general from him.
          Right now, though, since they were pretty much focused on finishing up the last of the monsters from the spawn area, Miro and Bryce were on opposite ends of the room. While her mentor was up closer to the spawn-point for the dungeon-creatures; being more of a close-ranger fighter, Miro was nearer to the wall furthest away from the spawn. This was due to the fact that her current mode of fighting was based on using a couple guns she had summoned – and was picking off the semi-sentient creatures with some accuracy. Between them, that left only a small number of enemies left, which in a short time dwindled to none – the last one got a face-smash punch, getting hit along with the handle of Bryce’s short sword. This was following a kick from, which also was a somewhat powerful move on its own, while not his best amount - since the high level Dreamer was pretty strong here. Though, that was probably about the same in the Mundane world; since Miro had seen his level back in the mundane world a couple times – they usually left Novas at different times, Bryce going earlier, since he didn’t need to stay there had long.
          Right, time to get the shard.” During the last couple words of that statement, the somewhat older man went over toward the room at the end, and was soon partly out of sight. Miro looked away from the partially-in-view room, though, and instead glanced down toward the monsters she had killed, but only for a bit – it didn’t really bother her, but she didn’t really have much to do at this point, while that wouldn’t last long. When the Polish girl looked back up, her mentor was coming back toward her, the shard probably being in his backpack – he had been collecting a lot of them over the eight or nine days that she had been coming here, for some reason. To an extent, she knew what they could do – establish dungeons also create spawn points for monsters, but beyond that, there really wasn’t much of an idea that they could do more than that. “Dude, how many do we have so far: it’s probably about a dozen, right?” This question received a nod from the Dreamer, who also went ahead and said something, as well. “I think that’s about how many. I need to start heading off now, though.” “Okay, see you then.
          Miro decided to head off first – she left the area before the other Dreamer, who soon came out as well, while not breaking his pace for more than a second or so, unlike the Pole. Miro gave him another glance before continuing on, heading off in a different direction from Bryce, not really armed anymore, since her gun had vanished with a thought.

With: Bryce

Thinking: “Off to school. Dungeon beaten: woo-hoo! Hoo!”

Health and Status: 85% healthy, 60% MP, slightly tired.

Location: Outside a dungeon, heading toward school [late for class.]

⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔

Lonely Lionheart

13,325 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
User Image
❂~ Gilligan Wellager ~❂

With a lazy expression on his face, Gilligan stared out the window with his cheek resting on his balled fist. He waited silently, by himself, for class to begin. He'd been getting plenty of sleep and yet the young man couldn't help feeling a little drowsy. It could possibly be because of that dream he'd been returning to recently, it was always so exciting that he never felt well rested upon waking up from those lucid dreams. He still wasn't one hundred percent sure what the reoccurring dream meant, he certainly didn't know that other people were having similar ones, but he would be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to his next venture into that mysterious land of dreams that he didn't know as Novus.

Gilligan was drawn from his idle thoughts as the teacher entered the room to start the lesson, his attention immediately locking onto the middle aged man. He came to Smith High to learn and he wasn't about to squander that, especially after being locked away in a hospital for so many years. There would be plenty of time to think about that dream world later, and to jump right back into it feet first. But for now, he opened his textbook and prepared to expand his mind.

Melodious Phantom

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

S a g e ~ Support Healer

Location/People: Academy, Class - No one in particular
OOC:

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image

Sage held a soft smile as he sat in the classroom at the academy. He was more relieved than he had been in a long time, and it was due to the shimmering orb he could see in his inventory but sadly not take out in the Mundane world. It was the first time he had one, and he planned on keeping it very very safe. Novus was still new to him, it took him a long time to find the shards, he was no match for a dungeon, and before that he had to find out exactly where he was. He was a lot more settled now than he had been, with a haven he could escape to every day in both his dream and waking hours, and the last thing he wanted was a dumb accident leaving him in the Mundane world forever.

Sage knew it was a problem that he didn't like people, but he had his reasons. Besides, a lot of people didn't like him either, since he was different and all. And then there was that whole other level with Novus. . .there had to be others. He was rather terrified to find them, what if they just left him? Or would it be worse if they wanted him to fight with them? He only had one ability that could actually damage anyone, and its not like he could communicate. It would kill him if he was the cause of someone getting stuck out of Novus. But that was not something to worry about now. He had a lot of notes to take. His fees were paid for - if he got good grades.

He looked around for some of the 'Disciplinary Committee' members. He didn't even like fighting, but he didn't judge, and he liked helping people, making a difference without having to talk. He smiled as he copied a diagram on the board.

User ImageUser Image
        User Image

MY KNOWLEDGE IS KEEN
                ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                x x x x x D oxxy o uxxk n o wxxh o wxxi txxf e e l sxxt oxxb exxP R O F E S S I O N A L
                XXX▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ x EMBRACE THE POWER OF THE MIND
                { ░░ ⊹I "remember"—being so H A P P Y
                  WITH THIS GIFT I WILL EXCEL ANY OBSTACLE x ELIMINATING THE NEGATIVITY
                          [I'm the future C R E A T O R]
                      x° (But I have lost my S A N I T Y. ) xx ° ( xx S o xx m u c h )xxxxxxxx° ( ADRENALINE. )
              x x x ▂▂▂▂ I'm the part of your mind you FEAR. — I will break lose. xx( I'M THE PAST FARSEER )xxI PROMISE ▂▂▂▂
              sss
                          . █ ⊹ PLEASE ─⋮-LET ME SHOW YOU ( ˚▶ I still remember) *◤the SORROW, !! HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN the CHAOS
                              ✰ —— ███ ⇡xx( xO H , x S H A L Lx W E x R E M E M B E R x T O G E T H E R .x )
                      I WANT IT ALL BACK!! xx❖❖
                      x ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██

xx
                              x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

X X X LUCAS RUEN ▪▪

"No..mixing these two elements would surely come out to fail." Lucas mumbled to himself in disappointment as he was going over his research. Lucas always took the opportunity to work on his chemistry skills during lunch breaks. He would rather sit in a nice shaded classroom and try to expand his mind further. He was always looking for new ways to create things. Guessing he really took the image of his father well. The echoes of people outside of the Academy can be heard. The sounds of joy and cheerfulness leaked through the windows and into Lucas's ears. This didn't bother him at all. It rather kept him quite entertained. He took a moment to put down a research paper and walked causally to the window. The echoes got louder as he got closer. He took a moment to examine the students outside. Noticing the same routine they go through everyday had Lucas wonder. Was it always said that human beings felt the need to live a set and time scheduled life? Lucas then came to think of his brother, and thought if that was the reason his brother took on a life of adventure instead of carrying his farther's image. Lucas was like the students on the other side of the window. But really wanted a life he could change for even a slight moment. To experience what others hold back and can only dream off.

Thus comes in the dreams he had been having lately. In these dreams Lucas became what he always wanted. To enjoy a life of unlimited expression and experience the sin side of the consequences as well. A chance to think outside the box and make crazy decisions. He wishes that these dreams became reality. Lucas took a moment to lean back on the wall by the window and slowly closed his eyes hoping to live this dream again, but then was shortly interrupted by the sound of the classroom door opening. The door made such an annoying grinding noise as it opened. Lucas waited for the person to speak and show his or her face since the classroom was pretty dim. "Hey there you are Lucas! I knew I would find you here!" Lucas quickly recognized the voice belonging to Tanner Wells. Tanner was the head captain of the Martial Arts Committee. "I hope you didn't forget about sparring practice. It starts in about a half an hour so don't be late. We have another tournament coming up and we need you." Tanner noted. Lucas took a moment to look at his watch and was at awe to see the time went by so fast. "Oh yeah I didn't forget Tanner. Just give me a few mins to clean up here and I'll make my way to the Dojo." Lucas said softly. Tanner then nodded and walked out. Lucas wasn't very fond of the Martial Arts Committee but it was something that he could do to release stress and get a good workout. So he didn't mind it. He quickly learned and became quite known on the team and through the Academy about his skills. It didn't take Lucas long to clean his work space. He gathered his gear and processed out the classroom. As he walked down the crowded halls he only had one thought in his mind. The land or dreams..known as Novus. Hoping to return once more.

It didn't take long for Lucas to make it to his destination in just the right time. As he entered the Dojo he was greeted by many students, including his team. "Hey Lucas!! Glad to see you made it! Let's get to work!" One of his peers shouted. Another screamed, "Yea now we can really begin the good training now that you are here buddy!" Lucas just smiled and nodded. "Please guys no need to get all jumpy." He said with a smile on his face. Lucas then took the time to get his gear ready before he got into the sparring session. Lucas just remembered about having a constant sharp pain on his left ankle. It has been going on for a while since the last tournament. He took a minute to sit there and slowly massage it before he got ready to train.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                            I'LL BECOME PERFECTION ;;

p l e a s exxf o r g i v exxm exxa g a i nxxxxp l e a s exxf o r g i v exxm exxa g a i n
                                            LOCATION Dojo COMPANY Alone VITAL STATUS100%
                                            MANA STATUS 100% MOOD Static OOC:

Super Waffles

User Image

It took her a relatively short amount of time to get to the nearest portal out of Novus. In a brief time after having left the dungeon, Miro started going at a sort of fast pace toward the next near-dungeon. About fifteen or so minutes would pass before she got to the shard-room, which was one of the few areas neither herself or Bryce had dealt with, due to the fact that it was mainly a somewhat neutral portal area. To there, the Polish girl ran and jogged, without really much trouble doing so, since she was used to it either in or out of Novus, due to a good amount of training and sports.
          In about fourteen or less minutes later; a guessed time, since she didn't have a watch here, or in Mundana - and her phone needed the power that would have been spent in looking stuff up, besides the time; Miro reached the shard room entrance, and went in. As was normal, a couple monsters were walking around inside of the room - bird-like and bovine individuals, the latter having a good amount of horns. Miro didn't wait before making her first move, one of the monsters having noticed her, and it's reaction also turning others' attention toward her. With a small dark 'burst' of energy, the girl gave a weapon form: a sort of higher-powered gun.
          Aiming it at the first monster that was still coming at her at a good clip, Miro used another one of her special abilities in conjunction, a very bright flash taking the group's sense of sight away for a time. This made the charging monster slow down, but not stop moving, knowing where it's target was at the moment, despite being blinded. Though, that changed in another few seconds: Miro fired off a few shots at its skull, which made the individual collapse under its own weight, though sliding a bit. Before that occurred, actually, the girl started moving at a good pace, avoiding the monster that had been near to goring her, and also moving to avoid further possible danger. The running soon became a little unnecessary, however, since the girl decided to teleport closer to the back of the room, after shooting down the couple more monsters left, aiming at their skulls and finishing them off in order to clear the room.
          Once Miro left the portal she had created, the girl let the gun dematerialize, took the Creation Shard in order to have another way back next time, then went through the other portal back to Mundana.
          On the other side, Miro popped into the Mundana reality, and looked around a bit, taking note that she had ended up near a bus stop, then looked around for a short bit, to take in her scenery another time. This was shortly followed by a walk away from the bus-stop, toward her school - this quickly turned into a run as well, until she reached Smith High. There, she went in the front to get to the next class before it was too late, while it was actually a little early for that, which was a good thing.

With: No one.

Thinking: 'I'm skipping lunch. ... Dude, no.'

Health and Status: Healthy - Normal. MP: 55% - HP: 95% - Stamina - 95%

Inventory:
          ► Creation Shard – For creating another passage to Mundana.
          ► A small disk mirror – This is in case Miro needs to toss something away. Somewhere else. Where other people can deal with it.
          ► A small hand ball - It’s there for impromptu practice, sometimes. It doesn’t take up too much space, but Miro occasionally has to, or may have to carry at most few books around, instead of in her bag – if it’s there.
          ► A roll of string - This is for class, as well as for potential damages to her things.

-

⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔

Aged Scamp

User Image
                                User Image

As soon as her tush hit the bench, Esther could feel the eyes of the spyglass fixated on her in her mind she shuttered 'If it weren't for all these people I could just slug that leotard wearing moron right in the mouth. *Sigh* Denpa-Man wouldn't just sit idly by while the baddies taunt him like this.'.

She was of course referring to Super Hero; Fabulous Electronic Denpa-Man, a live action super sentai show she watched frequently in the confines of her room about a previously meek young man who received super human strength using a special radio helmet and used it to combat the evil Turquoise Empire, finding courage, friendship and discovering the power of radio waves along the way. It was a tale of heroes and monsters, with a strong focus on comradeship and a kick a** awe inspiring opening theme Esther could listen to over and over again. Needless to say, the song blaring from Rin's headphones was neither particularity heroic sounding nor awe inspiring - in fact to Esther it sounded rather age inappropriate, unlike grown men in onesies fighting other grown men in monster suits for an audience of primarily children.

Rin seemed oddly agitated by her request, or, perhaps nervous. He was quick to shut his notebook as if he was hiding whatever he was working on from her - not that she really cared to begin with, this was merely a diversion to make the Swing Gang leave her alone. "...O-Okay. What do I need to do?" he finally asked.

Esther sighed, remarking in a rather standoffish tone "Have you never had a girlfriend before or something?" she rubbed her temple, looking over to the smirking idiot in the Leotard again "Just put your arm around my shoulder and talk about anything. He can't hear us anyway."

Super Waffles

User Image

Now inside the building, but having a short amount of time before the next class started, Miro didn’t really have much to waste her time on, besides throwing her handball around, or tossing and catching it. Doing either options would likely draw more attention to herself, though – since this wasn’t gym. ‘Hey you, no breaking things allowed.’ That probably wasn’t how a confrontation would go, though – there would probably be more yelling or swearing, so that was another reason why messing around with sports wasn’t a good thing, at least here. Instead, Miro started to check up on her stats and status, one the first things being apparent was her slight drop in health, which was expected – she had gotten a rather bad bruise, and a nearly moderate cut from being knocked to the side - the cut being from a monster’s well-angled sword. Both weren’t really visible, except for the cut, which was thin enough to be covered by her clothes; except for the small tear that the strike had caused, which was also a little red due to a slight blood flow.
          That wasn’t really a worry about that directly though, since overall, she looked fine –the real problem was getting some cloth or tissue in Novus next time before entering a dungeon. A couple minutes passed with her checking over stats in the thankfully empty hallway; anyone that would have come up before she had stopped the check-up would have likely noted her as a bit strange, besides the fact that she had obviously missed class. So, the waiting started again – Miro stood around for another two minutes, before the bell announcing the end of the period started up, and ended, briefly. Within another short time after that, students began to go out into the hallway, the majority not particularly noticing that she had missed class, as they were behind the first several people getting out into the hallway. Miro followed suit behind some, heading off to her locker as the number were doing – her own locker was nearer the other end of the hall. A couple turns to the lock protecting her books yielded access to those the Polish girl needed; she took out a math textbook, and a couple partially-used notebooks. The door was closed after she got what she needed, Miro then heading off in the other direction, toward the math classroom on another angle of the school.
          A few people greeted her along the way, guy-girl-guy-guy. Lawrence, Nadia, Adrian, Miska. Most of them were near their own lockers; Lawrence being in a brief group conversation with a few other people, before he noticed her. “Hey, Miro! There’s basketball practice later, just a heads up.” At that, Miro stopped her pace, and answered him. “Alright dude: I’ll be there. See you later.” After that, her attention turning away, the Pole continued her walk, getting a few more “Hey’s” following that, while not exactly or each time including that particular bit of slang. “Oh, hi! Everything okay? ... Why weren’t you in class this time?” “I skipped it again, sorry Nadia.” “Well, you know you’re going to get in trouble for that, if you keep doing that, probably.” “Yeah, I know, but I have to hurry, bye, yo.
          After those two short conversations came two more that were about the same length as the first, one having another ‘Why did you skip English again?’ question, which had followed a ‘What’s up?’ from Miska. This was answered by “I had stuff to do at home,” which had been used as an answer at least once before in a conversation with him, that was again a good enough answer, given a little background information he had heard from her earlier on. “Alright, bye then.
          Adrian’s own greeting had come before Miska’s while being shorting and lacking concern about Miro, due to the fact that he was mostly focused on getting to the next class, being sort of future-oriented. His ‘Hi,’ got a reply from his passing-by friend, at a similar hurried tone. Once she passed all four of them, there weren’t really any more stops until Miro reached the classroom she was aiming for, opened the door, and headed inside to catch a good seat before they were all taken up. Soon afterward, after another couple minutes wait, the lesson started; Mr. Carter starting to put up opening notes on the blackboard at the front of his classroom. "We'll be starting with a form of Algebraic Number Theory, specifically in relation to 'quadratic reciprocity law'. I'm going to start calling on names, in order to give more practice on studying that concept on this board. So, Garrett Ledford, please come up to the front and answer this first equation."

With: With everyone else taking this class.

Thinking: ‘I studied for this. Woot.’

Health and Status: Healthy - Slightly injured. MP: 30% - HP: 85% - Stamina - 95%

Inventory:
          ► Creation Shard – For creating another passage to Mundana.
          ► A small disk mirror – This is in case Miro needs to toss something away. Somewhere else. Where other people can deal with it.
          ► A small hand ball - It’s there for impromptu practice, sometimes. It doesn’t take up too much space, but Miro occasionally has to, or may have to carry at most few books around, instead of in her bag – if it’s there.
          ► A roll of string - This is for class, as well as for potential damages to her things.

-

⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔⌔
User Image
                              Rin Delacroix

"O.Of course I've had girlfriends before." This was a lie, although it wasn't a complete lie in Rin's mind. He had played enough dating sims that he figured he could handle something like this. He placed his arm around her shoulder, hesitating slightly while doing so. Physical contact was something he struggled slightly with. He spoke up once more to justify himself, "I.I just wasn't sure if there was something specific you needed me to do. That's all."

The nervousness made his mind temporarily go blank. He went silent for a moment until his dating sims came to mind again. For some reason, even in a panic, every line of dialogue of his game's script came through as clear as day, "A.Ah, I'm sorry. I haven't even given you my name yet. My name is Rin. What's your name?" Rin was so nervous and surprised by the situation as a whole, he never even noticed the person who was spying on them, or that he was starting to leave during the short time they talked, "Um... would you like to go to the arcade? I know a pretty good place..."

Aged Scamp

User Image
                                User Image

"Esther" She said plainly, an eye still fixed on the smug face of the Swing Gang worm off in the distance who now seemed to be slinking away - had it worked? Was the peon heading off to deliver the news to his boss. Esther was so ecstatic by the success of her quickly conceived stratagem that she didn't even hear Rin's offer of an Arcade date. She reached out and grabbed his hand with a cheerier disposition than before, shouting "Yes!" gleefully.

Rin's eyes widened in surprise at Esther's response, a smile widening in his face due to how much she seemed to enjoy the idea. However, the additional physical contact only served to make him more nervous and worsen his stuttering, "T.That's great!". Esther nodded her head "Mhmm, that Swing Gang thug is probably off telling his boss about it right now. Maybe now they'll leave me alone. Thanks Rin, you've earned this." She held aloft the half eaten iced cream cone she had bought earlier, however Rin seemed to be frowning "Oh, right. Alright you've earned your keep, I'll buy ya a fresh one instead, just wait here.".

Esther energetically hopped down from the bench and made her way over to the iced cream stand, while Rin sat alone lamenting in the fact that he'd got his hopes up over nothing. Little did Esther know that while the second scoop of the delicious dairy treat was being scooped into the cone, the Leotard clad Swing Ganger, who had just gotten off the phone with Albert had circled back to carry out his new orders. Kidnap Rin Delacroix. When Esther returned to the Bench, fresh cone in hand, Rin was gone! All that remained was his backpack, his laptop and a small envelope similar to the one she had found in her locker earlier with the same heart shaped seal holding it shut.

"Oh great, another one is after me now? This is starting to get ridiculous... at least this one doesn't seem to be a gang member... Unless there's an Otaku Gang?" Esther snickered to herself at the idea of an Otaku gang boss for a moment before opening up the envelope - however when she did she gasped in shock. It read as follows:

Dear Esther,

It seems you have underestimated me in assuming my followers weren't trained in lip reading as well as the art of dance. We've taken Rin Delacroix as a hostage and will be waiting for you at the South End Bridge. I hope we can reach a "mutually" pleasant agreement regarding my earlier proposal,

Signed: Albert Higgins
                                PS, by "Mutual" I mean you'll say yes and be my girlfriend. Kehehehe.

Esther's eye twitched as she grit her teeth, crumpling up the note in her hand, she could just imagine that floppy nosed rat b*****d snickering at the South End bridge right now - the ganger was nowhere in sight either. It was most likely he had some kind of motorized transportation; most probably his mother's car. The bridge was roughly a 15 minute drive away by car, but there was no way she could catch up to them on the road with her Vespa, she would just need to go to the bridge herself. Esther couldn't care one way or the other about the gang messing with Rin, but she wasn't going to let an innocent bystander get hurt in her affair. She mounted her Vespa, donned her helmet and set off on what she would soon learn was a journey that would change her life forever.

The engine roared as she pressed her foot down on the gas petal, screaming as she sped out of the park's parking lot "Albert Higgins! I swear in the name of Justice I will have your head!"
        User ImageUser Image
        User Image

MY KNOWLEDGE IS KEEN
                ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                x x x x x D oxxy o uxxk n o wxxh o wxxi txxf e e l sxxt oxxb exxP R O F E S S I O N A L
                XXX▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ x EMBRACE THE POWER OF THE MIND
                { ░░ ⊹I "remember"—being so H A P P Y
                  WITH THIS GIFT I WILL EXCEL ANY OBSTACLE x ELIMINATING THE NEGATIVITY
                          [I'm the future C R E A T O R]
                      x° (But I have lost my S A N I T Y. ) xx ° ( xx S o xx m u c h )xxxxxxxx° ( ADRENALINE. )
              x x x ▂▂▂▂ I'm the part of your mind you FEAR. — I will break lose. xx( I'M THE PAST FARSEER )xxI PROMISE ▂▂▂▂
              sss
                          . █ ⊹ PLEASE ─⋮-LET ME SHOW YOU ( ˚▶ I still remember) *◤the SORROW, !! HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN the CHAOS
                              ✰ —— ███ ⇡xx( xO H , x S H A L Lx W E x R E M E M B E R x T O G E T H E R .x )
                      I WANT IT ALL BACK!! xx❖❖
                      x ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██ xxx ██ ██

xx
                              x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

X X X LUCAS RUEN ▪▪

"Alright gents! That was some good sparring. No doubt that we will have no problem taking down the other schools in the tournament one month from now." said the head coach of the team. Three hours of intense sparring had put a lot more hurt on Lucas's ankle more than before. About a month ago, Descartes Academy had a tournament against Smith High. Lucas knew this school had a reputation of working behind the shadows to create madness conspiracy against other schools including his. They even went to as far as trying to abuse tournament rules. During the semi finals match two year ago, Lucas was dealt an illegal blow to his ankle and was unable to continue. Ever since then his ankle has effected his performance.

After hearing his coach stop the sparring session, Lucas felt relieved. The pain was getting to much to handle for him. As he made his way to the bench to grab his gear he gave a distinct limp showing that he was in pain. His coach caught it rather quickly and approached Lucas to see his condition. "Hey Lucas..seems like the ankle is still giving you problems since the last tournament huh." Lucas over hearing that tried to play it off since he was still looking forward for the rest of the day. "Oh no coach it's just a little tender that's all. Maybe some ice and time off of it would do me best for now." Lucas said. But his coach wasn't really buying his excuse. "Look Lucas we are really counting on you. So we are going to need you in top shape for the tournament. Which is why I already arranged for you to go home early today to get the rest you deserve."
                                            Lucas knew it would come down to that. He wasn't very happy to hear he had to skip out on the rest of the day of his studies just for a martial arts tournament. But there was nothing he could really do or say anymore so he just went along with it. "Well alright coach. I guess that would be best." Lucas said softly as he finished getting all his gear together and made his way out the east side exit of the school.

Lucas was almost blinded by the bright glares of the sun as he opened the double doors by the exit. He took a moment to fix his vision then headed for the bus stop. Luckily for him a bus appeared as he made his way there so he wouldn't have to wait long. But this bus had different routine stops than the one he usually takes after school. So it would take him a little longer to get home. But he didn't mind since it gave him time to sit and keep pressure off his ankle. Lucas found an empty seat with a window. He gazed out and started to think about Novus. Thinking about if he should cross through the gate as he got home. He was very tried but wasn't tried enough to by pass his dreamworld. He was thinking of seeking more creation shards if he did follow through with it. But his thoughts were suddenly broken by the sudden sounds which sounded like an internal malfunction from the bus. Within seconds the bus driver pulled over to see what the problem was. Lucas took time to scan through the window to see the surrounding area. As he looked around he knew he wasn't in his kind of neighborhood. Just in front of him was Smith High. It didn't take him long to verify it since he has been here before just recently and seeing all the graffiti on it's outer walls. Lucas still had a very long way to get home and he wasn't in a position to walk. Even if he could walk he still wouldn't since this wasn't a very Descartes friendly area.

Just then the bus driver came back into the to pass the condition of the bus. "I'm sorry folks, but it seems that the bus won't be able to move for quite a while. If any of you are within close radius of your homes please feel free to walk the rest of the way home. And for those that still have a long way to go may I suggest the bus stop across the street located in front of Smith High. Sorry for the inconveniences." Over hearing what the driver had to say Lucas had no choice but to take the bus stop. Lucas made his way out the bus. He then looked around for any incoming cars coming along and made his way across the street to the bus stop. Looking around Lucas noticed that he was the only one who still had a long way to go since he was the only one at the bus stop from the group.

Not even five minutes with him sitting there, three individuals approached him casting their shadows over him. "Hey there chump. Are you lost or something? You sure don't look like you're around from here. So you might want to beat it before this gets bad for you." One of the three strangers exclaimed. This was just not going good for Lucas. He didn't think trouble would find him this quick. Lucas looked up and identified them as students from Smith High. Seems they must have ditched school since it was still school hours. "Look guys I'm sorry I know I'm not supposed to be here but the bus across the.." Lucas was then cut off. "Wait! I recognize you!..ahahaha! You are Lucas Ruen am I right. The star of the Disciplinary Committee's marital arts team. Well boys looks like we are in for some fun today after all."exclaimed the head leader of the three. Lucas took this as an invitation to a fight. And he was in no condition to hold his own against three. The three students then moved into formation and surrounded Lucas. They all had grins on their faces as they encircled him. "Guys I'm not here to start a fight. I'm just trying to find my way home that's all." But his response was ignored by them. Lucas had no choice. He had to fight his way out.

Lucas dropped his gear on the ground and took a defensive stance. Eyeing each one as they rotated around him. "Oh well look boys! He is gonna fight us! I'm surprised. Most would cower and run but you seem confident. Lets see how well you live up to your reputation." The head guy said as he signaled one of his goons to strike Lucas from behind. He lunged at Lucas, but Lucas saw it coming and side stepped away from his strike. As he did he let loose a straight jab into his face knocking him down. Lucas then quickly tried to put his focus back on the other two but wasn't quick enough since he was met with a right uppercut to his stomach from one of the others. That side step he took effected his ankle badly and Lucas and threw off his focus. He can feel his insides get rattled as the contact was made. Lucas was brought to a knee instantly as he tried to recovery his breathing. He was helpless. He wasn't able to defend himself let alone move. "Ugh this is bad. Didn't think I would be getting another trashing from Smith High again. And I really can't count on anyone to come make this an even fight. Damn I'm screwed." Lucas said to himself.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                                            I'LL BECOME PERFECTION ;;

p l e a s exxf o r g i v exxm exxa g a i nxxxxp l e a s exxf o r g i v exxm exxa g a i n
                              LOCATION Bus Stop out front of Smith High COMPANY Three Goons VITAL STATUS70%
                              MANA STATUS 100% MOOD Worried OOC:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces