Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200

Ascension :: Reward time!

Having awakened Simone and activated the ascension sequence, it is time for your first reward!

Everyone is getting 3 mods for every ACTIVE character in this arc!

Also, if your character is currently reaching the angelic tier, you may choose
to SPEND your newly earned mods, but only on characters who are becoming
Angels.

Congratulations!

Aidenzyx

Jehui

Glory Sieg

Sweet Interrogation

Lusine

Bao-wow Tang

Avelgreen

Haruhi000777

Mori Kiyoshi

Partying Cat

7,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Giorgi Panettiere xxx15/15 HP
Outfit

Radiating like the evening sunlight a veil of gold rippled across her freshly grown feathers. Her bounding curls were thrust aside as they lifted above in a wide stretch. Neither short or long, they descended to wrap easily around her small frame. Giorgi's feelings in that moment were pent up in a ball of inexpressible glee. Her fear of heights would last the ages, but that was the beauty of Simone's gift. There would be ages to exist. Centuries from this day she would still be alive, welcome to join her companion's in Jasmine's realm and earth. Her gaze flew to Chrone with nothing sort of excitement.

"This kinda redefines 'best friends forever', doesn't it?" She reached out to link their hands together. "Guess this means you've just given up your last chance to escape from me and my wackiness."

Krasimira Genadiev xxx20/20 HP
Outfit

"Not a force on the planet could compel me to deny you, my lady."

Krasimira barely rose from her sprawl upon the grassy earth when a shimmering, cloudy substance curled out from underneath the edges of her dark hair. Matching the vibrant lavender of her eyes, the clouds seemed to twinkle, echoing the once darkened night sky above. She needn't have bothered to stand. Once her wings drifted outwards she was gently pulled onto her feet and soon whisked away. Though she could not account for the distance or destination, Krasimira was positive that wherever she had been summoned her goddess would await.

As if coming off a speedy flight, her landing required a few tries by tapping down on the rocky soil. When she glanced up she was confronted with the many faces of her classmates and instructors, among other familiars. Her gaze first touched on Simone, then, fleetingly, Raleigh Der Malian. Her memory still felt distant and fuzzy, but looking at the summoner she felt an unnatural pang of guilt that only seemed to subside when she returned focus to Simone.

"Be assured you've my full attention and devotion at your disposal, Simone."

Mercie Lorrings xxx17/17 HP
Outfit

Eternal youth. Immortality. Pride. The beauty of those concepts derived from mystic, daresay magical, qualities. All of mankind seemed to be scurrying about in a frantic hurry to make the most of their small lives. Death's inevitability made life's little moments precious, valued because they would never occur a second time. Knowing one could die at any second or day in a year was the driving force of humanity. Mortality was an unsuspecting gift, a privilege, because it challenged them, humans, to build themselves from slobbering infants to unique, extraordinary beings worthy of godly notice. To live forever was a temptation, but of the few things Mercie had great love for, it was the one flaw that made her special. Humanity.

"I've come too far now to spontaneously abort. One more fight then, for the Lady Simone."

The softened smile on her lips betrayed her intentions, but she was brimming with a sort of completeness. And why not? She had decided.

Milan Kovac xxx22/22 HP
Outfit

Milan's philosophy was not so rigid as to continually deny the existence of a god whilst she stood before her in full corporeal form. She could as much challenge her existence as she could the presence of wind and air. It equally lacked the stubbornness to argue an onset of danger said god alluded to in her patient remarks. With phantom shadows roaming the mortal plane and erratic behavior of animals and intuitive sparks alike, it could not be stressed enough that a very real danger lie in wait. Still, Milan sat at a spiritual impasse.

The journey from her simple life as a rancher to an easy-going instructor at the world's most prestigious academies had its share of trials; beliefs were questioned, ideologies were shattered, and changes were made. In the fullness of a minute, perhaps two, a third of what she knew as fact had suddenly become fiction. Avenues she unofficially swore never to tread before lay miles behind her. Then, capping the cluster of confusion, was an offer that encompassed several lifetimes.

Ignoring the benefits, or even option to renounce this holy gift, there was one detail refusing to allow Milan to reject Simone's offer; Acerbus. She couldn't, in good conscience, walk away from an important battle a god herself admitted to be no small feat. Her answer was clear.

Voiceless in her consent, Milan had only to step back and allow the rush of wind to entomb her tall frame. Fluttering softly against her back, two long feathered wings emerged glimmering like the prisms of a sapphire. Akin to motion of gentle waves her newly sprung feathers appeared to change from the darkest shades of blue to brightest white with the slightest movement.

"Suppose I have to jump in with both feet."

Regina Mayes xxx22/22 HP
Outfit

U/C

Winthrope Class xxx15/15 HP
Outfit

"Wait." To say her heart stopped on a dime probably wouldn't have explained her immediate shock and eventually overwhelming joy. "You would give us the gift of immortality... and flight?"

If one were to casually glance over the many panels of her life they would find a portrait colored with comical failure and reckless hazards. Not nearly full but strangely satisfied. For a woman with little sentimental depth or mastery over the most basic gestures of gratitude, she felt dangerously on the verge of crying. In all her years there had been no higher calling for her than the skies. Like all young girls and boys, she dreamt and imagined every day to sprout wings. To journey to every pasture on the earth with no boundaries. These were the wishes of a child, but to get her hands on the thing she'd waited for all her life all she needed to do was say two tiny words.

"Hell yes!"

The low tearing of fabric behind her didn't even flustered the seasoned pilot as a breeze washed down her backside. A plume of bright, fluorescent white sprouted from her shoulder blades, sweeping out in a proud arc before curling back at our sides. Still mind blown, but conscious, Winthrope glanced to her left wing and grinned.

"You and I are gonna' get into some disasters."

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Dominique Garfield

Of things to think about, this was probably the easiest thing ever.

Save the world? Tchyeah.

Save the world because the Goddess you just helped revive asked you to? Hell yeah.

Save the world because the Goddess you just helped revive asked you to, while offering to make you an angel?

User Image

Her mind made up, Domi grabbed that ribbon of light with her metal arm, clenching it; she wasn't going to let this decision go and pass her by. The light traveled up her arm, escaping the exhaust ports in a glistening black and mist that mirrored the patter of her feather. She felt the energy rush through her organic body, heating up and chilling her at the same time. It built on her back, and bowing at the strange weight, Domi let out a sharp gasp as she felt something grow from her back. Well, angels had wings, but Domi was confused by the almost metallic whirring sound she heard.

Craning her head, she couldn't help but grin at the metal wings that extended from her back. A dark steel color, they rippled with black and red as the light danced over them.

They really needed a word when 'overwhelmed' didn't cut it.

Zonia Rasm'ssen Simone

Sonia didn't even have to think about it. She would've helped the Goddess even if she wasn't offered the power, whether she died in the process or not. The offer just made her feel all the more useful.

"I'm gonna do it," she whispered to Torrin, already leaning against her since her legs had gone weak from the sight, as well as the walk. Even as she held onto Torrin, she felt the energy inside her stirring, a warm bonfire growing into a blaze. There was a rush of pink and for a moment it was hard to differentiate the pink wings from Sonia's hair, but as she closed the around her, she couldn't help but titter in excitement.

Lyriana Couse Bunny

Lyra's fashion show stopped short as she felt the words of the Goddess in her head. Confused, but too enthralled to return to the real world right away, Lyra felt her heart race. "Oh my god.... oh my god. They did it... the Goddes... she's talking... to me? What the..." Her words were rushed, spoken aloud, but soft. "Yes, Simone. I would be honored to--" There was a rush of blue feathers and Lyra was gone from her dorm room--

--To land in the middle of the cave with the others. Ocean blue wings to mirror her eyes were extended behind her, as she looked at the others. "You guys...." she said in confusion, the wings keeping her just off the ground. It was then after the realization of where she was, she remembered her what she had been doing.

And what she had been wearing.

"Simone's Tits..." she muttered, then bit her tongue as she hid inside her folded wings.

Vanessa Vladof

There was a heavy flapping of wings, and Vanessa landed on the ground in the tomb roughly, a pair of grey, almost tatter-looking wings folding behind her.

"I haven't once had a choice in what fight I took part in," she said, walking up to the group. "But I'll be damned if I chose not to, just for the sake of saying no."

Bravado aside, Vanessa fought awfully hard not to meet the Goddess' gaze. Her pride and loyalty made her make the decision, but some part of her felt unworthy. Especially with the current grouping.

She grinned at Winner.

"Hey, Whiner," she smirked. "Looks like you didn't mess up too bad after all. And you had me worried you'd flake out on our dinner date."

Cissnei Galar Dress

Cissnei stopped her reprimanding of Pill as she heard the voice in her head, turning her back on the student as she almost jumped with joy.

"Yes! They did it!" she clapped her hands, then grew silent as the Goddess continued talking.

"Hm... I can't just sit by and not help..." she muttered, before nodding. She turned to face Pill even as pure white wings, their tips looking as if they were dipped in an inkwell, emerged from her back.

"I'm not finished talking to you either, Missy. We'll go over social ettiquette and consideration when I get back." She then vanished from the room, willed across time and space to land in the tomb with the others.

Sjofen Livia

"Yes, I'm fine Lieutenant. I'm safe and sound and I can vouch for the Away Team too..." came a voice from the back. Boots stepped on the stone with authority as Sjofen walked up beside Vanessa. Dark green wings, the color of jade opened and closed systematically behind her. When they were extended, one could see the vague likeness of a turtle amongst a mottling of brown feathers.

"...since me and Miss Vladof are now member of the Away Team," she finished responding into her earpiece. She looked at the group, folding her arms. "Now, I know you guys had fun and all... but you could've been a bit more responsible and keep us waiting at home up to date." Her gaze broke into a soft smile as she bowed her head towards Simone.

"It's an honor."

Shoujo Flame

19,325 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
E l l i e
User Image
P r i c e

Outfit
Ellie- 13/13 HP

Being part of something bigger than herself wasn't really something that Ellie had ever considered. She'd always been very self-focused in life, to a point of unhealthiness. However, her short few wees with Gar had given her a slightly different view. There was more to things than her, though up until that point in time, Gar had been the only other thing she really cared about. This was about the whole world, though. All the Sparks, all the normal people, and even the gods.

"Let's do this, Gar," Ellie said, looking at her pair. "That way we won't have to worry about the world going to hell right when things are getting good, right?" She didn't think she had to say much more than that. Gar would join her in this, she was sure, even though Ellie had no plans to keep the wings she would gain. She closed her eyes and reached out to the energy rising up around their feet.

She felt a surge of the energy latch to her body. It was warm, and almost burned. She felt it move around and course not only through her body, but what she could assume was the Spark inside of her. Then the burning moved to her back, and she felt pressure on her spine. Then it was gone. Behind her, two very large wings unfurled from her back, protruding from the battlesuit they had torn through. Each feather was white and tipped with the same green as her eyes.

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Brooke Demir

For a while there she had merely become a spectator in the journey, watching with silence as spark after spark went through their personal evolution with a variance of sadness and pride. Damn, if that wasn't cool! But what was happening right now, that was even cooler and Brooke just couldn't resist the prospect of having wings like everyone else.

"Yeah!" She tossed off her backpack before the flood of energy could come. Traveling up from her feet and into her spine, it released with an explosion of new appendages that sprouted from her back with a violent force. The back portion of her tip was ripped to shreds, and emerging from the space between her shoulder blades were cream-colored wings with light violet speckles and spots on the back, similar to how a spotted owl's wings might look.

"Holy crap look! Honey look they're cool lookin'!" Brooke's wings flapped a few times as she tried to get a hold of them to get a closer look, but her coordination was obviously lacking. Like a dog chasing its tail, the fully grown woman had to do several complete turns before she could catch the tip and pull it closer.

She looked like a kid on Christmas Simone.

Dallas D’Aubigne :: ( 34 / 34 )

Her heart was beating again. Beating well. They had just awakened an ancient goddess. People were appearing in the cave with wings, really remarkable wings, and Dallas was just standing there like a deer in the headlights. The magic from the lay lines seemed to understand, and waited patiently for her to rise from her stupor enough to acknowledge the prospect of her own ascension. She was looking it in the eye, and all she could see was a reflection of all the incredible things she had done in her life. A goddess believed she was worthy to become... An Angel.

And without a single doubt, Dallas believed it too.

The power hit her particularly hard like a punch to the chest, and she collapsed to her knees and hunched forward so her forehead touched the floor. Her wings unfurled explosively from her shoulders, revealing Dallas to be the first to have such inky black feathers as the main color, but the tips were positively bright. As her wings twitched, the molten orange tips and burned brightly like hot embers. They were beautiful despite their dark color, and very solid.

Dallas released a breath and slowly righted herself. There was a heat on her chest, and urged by growing curiosity and anxiousness her hands shook when she unzipped the front of her suit below her bust. There, tattooed to her breast bone was the shape of a horseshoe with two wings coming off from either sign. Within the solid color, Dallas could make out areas of negative space with musical motifs. Realization struck her-

It wasn't Simone's power knocking her off her feet. It was Zorelo's contract.

Freya Ahlberg :: ( 26 / 26 )

Pride. It was a really incredible feeling to watch her students make her way up the mountain and defeat all the challenges laid before them, even if there weren't as many booby straps as their could have been. Then again, it was obvious all along that the mountain was never out to truly kill them - even the golem at the end of the maze and the water filling the cavern had been just another mechanism to advance them along.

Looking on the Goddess' face now with the prospect of becoming her companion, Freya's expression softened and she wished that her wife could be there with her to see this. She also hoped that Simone would be true to her word with the promise that this power could be returned - If Leonora didn't take the immortality, then Freya certainly did not want it.

The obligation to their goddess and her students currently took priority, however, and Freya bowed her head to accept the ascension.

Her wings, when the emerged from her back, came delicately. They unfolded slowly in the way frost creeps up from the ground in the winter, and when spread widely they released soft, chiming sounds as the feathers struck each other. They were delicate-looking, they were sharp, and they were deceptively strong.

Just like Freya.

Kamiko Hamasaki :: ( 20 / 20 )

Goodness, if that wasn't a rejuvenating wake-up call! Energy came back to Kamiko in a rush, and when she woke up it was with a jump and a startled breath. "Woaaa?" Strands of her newly-acquired white hair fell in front of her face from the sudden movement and she went cross-eyed to get a closer look. "Eeeh...?" Confused, she looked at her pair and twisted slightly in her arms. "What? Uhm!"

Ascend!

"EH!? Uh! Um! YES!" Kamiko startled and sat up a little straighter, although she was having a hard time figuring out what was going on! All she could do was hold on tightly to her pair as another surge of power took her, and from her back emerged her own wings: They were white, with a dusty coloring of tan along the edges. They fluttered softly, and Kamiko craned her head to try and see, but it was a little harder for her than everyone else.

Kamiko only had a 4-foot wingspan.

Lindsey McNeil :: ( 24 / 24 )

An angel... She almost laughed from the irony. For many years of her life she was called an angel due to her healing abilities, and here she was face to face with the deal of a lifetime to become one. For a moment she wanted to turn it down. The prospect of all the unwanted attention it could get her made her hesitate, but this power was very persuasive. If she became more powerful, she could obviously work even better as a healer. Not to mention her friends, many of them, seemed to be taking on the mantle. And there beside her a woman linked to her through fine, silvery threads of intuition, a woman who believed not in the goddesses, stood proudly with her gorgeous wings.

It was thus that the first descendant of Jasmine took the responsibility of becoming an Angel.

They were almost metallic in appearance with their copper coloring and reflective sheen, although on inspection through touch one might find they were quite sleek and very warm. When Lindsey spread them for the first time they had an almost reflective quality, and it made her smile somewhat to see them.

"Not bad at all."

Torrin Berne :: ( 22 / 22 )

Generous Gawker

8,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Raleigh Lynnette "Ray-Lynn" Der Malian

There was sudden clarity in her brain. She couldn't describe what it was, she just knew that everything stopped hurting. Looking at the Goddess thoughtfully, Raleigh Lynnette Der Malian, the forty-fourth woman of Inara's blood to take on the Der Malian title blinked. She shifted from side to side as she heard about Acerbus and frowned gravely.

As if it wasn't bad enough that they had lost Jelena in all of that mess. To know that Acerbus, that...thing still existed. Glacial eyes narrowed to thin slitted daggers and when asked to ascend, there was no doubt in her mind whatsoever.

When power descended upon her, it was like a shroud. If Simone was the goddess of choice then it could be said that Lucif and his descendants including his later mistress, Inara were faithful disciples to the teachings of true balance. So it was no surprise that Ray-Lynn, though not a balanced woman herself -- not yet, had bore the mark of the legacy of her lineage through her wings.

They were massive. Powerful. Just over nine feet from tip to tip, a single hard blow from them would break bones. Instead, the majestic wings were folded neatly, harmlessly chained together against her back with a harness that appeared. When freed, Ray-Lynn could hide in her wings if she wanted and practically disappear. They were unusual in their colour. One was black as the night sky was on the evenings Thania was looking to bring the dead to her home. The other? As brilliantly white as the sun that Libet brought the following day to let people know the dark times were passing. Both wings had each of their feathers tipped with blue: ice blue tinted the tips of her black wing while a deep ocean blue tinted the tips of the white one. The cross on her back, Lucif's contract glowed brightly, and she could feel her summon's comforting presence behind her.

"I accept."

Garnet /Gary Hadley

If she was the Goddess of choice? Garnet watched in awe and considered, well her choices. Looking down at her body, the same one she was often at odds with, she wondered deeply and then nodded. Looking to Ellie, Gar grinned.

"I accept." And in the background her contract warmed and she smiled. Rudra...it was a pity he wasn't one of the twelve. Oh well.

Garnet's wings were odd mix of colour, bearing the hazel and brown of her natural eyes, the green of her contacts as Gary, the blue of the contacts she wore now and a shade of deep grey, but these were just odd feathers throughout the canvas of her wings. The primary colour of Garnets wings were none other than the deep, dark red colour of the stone from which her birth name came from.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Relena Bordeaux

A smile pulled at her lips as Relena looked at Jules, then poked her nose. “I hope they aren’t as pale as you. No offense love, I’d like to save a little on sunscreen. That stuff feels awful on the skin anyways.” She did think though. “I’d like them to be themselves in the end. Though I’d like them to have a knack for planning in advance. I would use their help in throwing a surprise party or two for you and your sister every now and then.” She got this image in her head then. Of two little girls, mischievous and very similar in their appearance and age. Twins.

“We could end up having identical twins*. It runs on both sides. It would make sense...” Relena chuckled at Jules speaking about her younger sister. “You need to speak with Sayeed. The two of them still have all of these twin moments. It’s really cute, though I get chewed out for calling them when they are, to use Sarja’s words “in there thirties and therefore have been adults for a long time”, she always gets offended if I treat her in a way she feels a kid would be treated.” Relena chuckled at that. “But she’s my little sister. And Sayeed my little brother. I helped raise them. I can’t help it.”

A long heaving sigh slipped past her as she struggled to get her dress on. “Yes. Yes.” She grumbled, not wanting to go to the hospital. All she wanted was to stop aching and to go home. Finally. That was all. “They really are persistent, aren’t they?”

Then the Goddess Called upon them. The former Lady Mantis sat still as she looked at her lover, then at the scars that had marred every inch of her own body. A deep frown settled as she looked at her arm and the little owl who stared pretentiously at her.
Pain shone in her violet eyes as she looked up at Jules and with a slight shake of her head.

“I have not seen battle in many months, dear Goddess.” She murmured, then looked at her legs, “and within that time, I have not known what it is like to walk under my own power. Nor have I known how to do the basic things for myself. I couldn’t even tell one day from another at one point.” Rel frowned. These months had been a blur to her of pain -- not just physical, and navigation. Through her own mind. Through her own heart. She still doubted if she herself wanted to live for the sake of living. She did know, however, that she wished to live for the sake of this. For Jules, for her children, future and present. She didn’t have much else going for her. She wanted that to change but right now, Relena had no way of making that happen.

Relena also wanted to stop having nightmares where Athene’s mismatched gaze eyed her like a possession as she had her way with her.

“I will be of no aid to your cause right now, knowing so little of my body these days.” She sighed. “I may now have a summon, but never have I been a summoner except in the barest of senses.” Relena looked at her contract with Minerva thoughtfully. “I am willing to take this on though. This...challenge. To relearn what I have lost and rediscover myself in the process. To learn about the things I may have newly gained.” Raising her gaze to Jules, Relena bit her lip, “To once again learn the heart of this dear soul whom thought she had lost me these last few months, when I couldn’t tell up from down,” a slight blush warmed her cheeks and Relena covered over her contract with Minerva with her hand before looking to the sky.

“Forgive me Goddess for not heeding your request, but I must decline you.” She decided. “I have sinned too much.” Rel closed her eyes and could feel the finality of her own words settle like a noose around her.

“And from my sins many whom I cared about have suffered needlessly.” Her eyes fell on Jules as she said this. She reached out and grasped her dear wife’s hand, giving her a wan smile. “I know I have much to answer for,” she continued, “Therefore I wish to be judged appropriately when my time comes, and to repent for what I have done in a way your dearest kin will find suitable for my transgressions.”

*Sarja Saint Mantis is one half of a Twin as mentioned. No one in the family, except the dickwad older brothers Yasu and Dara, really mentions that Sarja and Sayeed are, biologically speaking, identical twins rather than fraternal ones. Ever since Sayeed asserted that he was male when he was a toddler, and confirmed he was certain, everyone went with it. So out of respect, Relena, Yousef, Sarja, and even Kamran (he’s an a*****e, yes, but push comes to shove cares more about his family than Yasu and Dara) just always refer to him as being their brother from the start. Where as Yasu and Dara, just to be aggravating will sometimes call Sayeed by his birth name, which is a big no-no in the family and likely to earn them a punch in the face by any of the other siblings. The Mantis family, despite having some traditions based on gender roles are actually rather lax on their view of gender so Sayeed got to do as he saw fit rather young and express his needs early. Hence few outside of the family are aware because by time puberty came around, Sayeed was already prescribed hormones and had his name changed.

Doctor Melodique Chanson

"They did it." Melodique smiled, it was an uneasy one, but she couldn't help it, despite her current concerns. She had heard the goddess and had also seen Krasimira's reaction. Thoughtful, the doctor nodded to herself in acceptance.

"How novel." She mused as the power washed over her. Her wings came a brilliant shade of many colours. Red with yellow, gold, a hint of blue, white, and orange. The result? They looked as though they were wings of fire. this was only reinforced by the fact that with the light and with time, it seemed the colour of the feathers shifted, like dancing flames.

"I am here to serve, as always."

Leonora R.J. Ahlberg

Leonora blinked at this proposal. Freya was there, she should go, shouldn’t she? She wanted to join her wife, help her, but as she looked at their young children, she knew what she wanted most. Freya could have the adventure and come back to her. Leonora wanted to look after their daughters.

“Sorry, Goddess Simone. I don’t think immortality is quite my thing.” Leonora smirked in a way some would have more likened to Jelena. A year could change things though, and she was finding that as she asserted herself and became comfortable with who she was now, people gradually stopped comparing her to who she was before. She bowed her head respectively. “I mean...honestly, I wasn’t even suppose to see myself turn eight.” She didn’t remember those years all that well. Those were the years she was Jelena, from what she recalled -- but rather, she was going by her first name then, Robjn. Josif told her a lot about those years. About how their mother died from this disease that plagued their family. About how most of the women on their mother’s side of the family were lucky if they reached child bearing age, and were considered stupid if they did have children. Having children biologically, Josif told, tended to make the disease more aggressive at times. Leo brushed her growing hair from her face and gave an easy smile, shaking her head at those thoughts.

As Jelena she had been pregnant with twins at just the young age of twenty-one. Leonora can’t remember why she did it, though part of her suspects it was to prove a point to the rest of the world. Aggressive form of the hereditary disease or not, Robjn Jelena Taurus wanted to prove to everyone that she could be a mother and would live to see her children grow up, so help her Simone. Leonora understands that, the thrive to live the way one chooses. Her present self still has that same thrive. Jelena was going to marry the father of her children, Marcus, before Lynnette had returned to cause havoc in her life, her nieces died in a shadow attack, and she lost one of her sons and became gravelly ill. Then she gave birth to Jovan who was ill and sickly and unlikely to last long in this world. From Leo’s understanding, even when she first started working at Temperance? It was only a few months after her son, Jovan’s death. Jelena was just twenty two then and clinging onto anything she could find to move forward. She was on tight medical supervision and on a lot of medications, riding out the latest episode hoping it wouldn’t get any worse. Looking at her own medical file, Leonora knew that episode lasted until her mid twenties. Of course, like so many other things? Jelena had kept that information to herself.

“It’s been a tough run, but the reality was that I wasn’t suppose to even get this far. I wasn’t suppose to know what it was like to be a teenager.” Josif had told her too. Each person with the disease reacted differently. Jelena had a rather aggressive form that would spontaneously disappear at odd intervals and start up again. It was so severe that the doctors doubted she would live to see her tenth birthday.

“I wasn’t suppose to see any of my adult years, yet, despite the odds I did, and for that I’m glad.” She admitted. “The fact that I did is astounding. It reminds me how blessed I am. I live life with no expectations because of this.” She nodded. “I’m happy with what I have. Happy to be nearing thirty and raising a family and living my life with someone I love. I don’t need much.” She admitted solemnly. “If there is anything that could make it better, it would be to simply live the rest of my days without ever being ill again.”

That is all she asked for. After all, it had been nearly six years since her last episode. Leonora was no fool. She could be due for another one any moment. She didn’t want eternity though. Being immortal with a disease that could strike you would be horrendous. It would mean every few years being wrought with pain she knew she wouldn’t die from. No. What Leonora wanted, all Leo craved was to never know that pain again and to live the rest of her life happy and healthy.

Enduring Hunter

User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
c h r o n exxxs t e y z oxxxa e f e n t

26/26
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Chrone saw the throbbing lines of energy stretch and span across the room to just about everyone. She placed her hand on the ground and felt it pulsate, grasping onto her fingers and slowly crawl up her arm like frost creeping up. It refused to slow one bit and as the light traveled up her arm, it reached all of her contracts and marks. They glowed and throbbed briefly, her entire body shifting and morphing to accept the raw, powerful energy coursing through her veins. At the same time she felt another beck and call tug at her mind.

A blink later and Chrone found herself standing on the highest peak for miles to see. The scenery was awfully familiar, but at the same time there was something different that separated it from that little nagging feeling. To her left a wide expanse of ocean lay endless to the horizon. The moon hung up high in the sky, casting a white glow on the landscape below. Every now and then a lazy cloud would drift past the orb of light then pass as it had come. Where....?

The sound of harsh beating wings filled her ears and Chrone shielded herself from the bursts of dust that threatened to burn her eyes out. But a moment later it settled and she found herself staring up at a friendly face. “Baelhar!”

“You have grown much since I last saw you child.” A soft chuckle resonated through the raven-haired medic’s mind, feeling the warmth permeate her body. “You are still as skinny as ever. Have you been eating properly?”

“Between classes, training, and working in the hospital wing, I’ll admit I’ve been neglecting my health a bit.” A sharp peck at her cheek was more than enough for scolding and Chrone felt guilty for letting herself be malnourished. “I’m trying, but with one thing popping up after another, it’s kind of hard to keep up with the little stuff too.”

“Understandable. Now hold on tight for a moment.” The giant eagle took flight once more, extending a foot out to Chrone to grasp. In the next moment they were in the air gliding down gently towards the ocean, the ridges straightening and softening until they were nothing more than large dunes of sand. The duo fast approached the shoreline where the water and land met, the waves softly lapping against the wet sand. Chrone landed on the sand without a hitch and Baelhar followed in suit, tucking her wide wings against her sit before settling down.

“Although I was unable to reach you throughout all of your years growing up Chrone, the power of many lessons were able to guide you on your own path from your dreams and from your heart. There are many more you must still learn, and time is now on your side.”

“So you know of what happened? I mean with the Goddess reviving and everything?”

“Of course child. I was with her in the blood and flesh. How could a Disciple of her not feel the return of a beloved and dear friend?” The land thrummed briefly for a moment and the water seemed to glow for just a second, but neither was brought to light by either party.

“I do have questions, some I know won’t leave me alone unless I ask.”

“Speak.”

Chrone sifted through the burning questions in her mind, choosing the few that remained rooted in her mind. “Why in the chamber were you depicted as a man? I’m not saying you were ugly - heck, you’re too handsome by my reckoning.”

“Flattering. A soul knows no gender it was given as that is a physical attribute to the material world. Man or woman, male or female, what matters is the soul and what makes of it. I have lived for many millennia and therefore do not see what is already present. I seek what lies inside, untouchable by the physical realm.”

That made a lot more sense, and that seemed pretty damn obvious because the bird was so old, Chrone probably should have realized it by now that gender issues were probably the least concern for Baelhar. She reached into her pocket unconsciously, feeling for the cool rim as she brought out the compass. “What exactly is this compass?”

This time the eagle looked surprised and the hint of a smile filled her sharp eyes. “In the language of the ancients, it is called ‘Auler il Neiu.’ Or more recognizable in your native tongue ‘Handbuch des Verlorenen.’”

“Guide... of the Lost?”

“In times of great need and disaster when hope is thin or lost, it will guide its user on the right path.The concept was taken from the North Star as a guide for many sailor’s in case they became lost at sea. Its very power and essence had been transferred to this compass and enchanted to preserve its form. I am surprised it lasted this long, but at the same time I am relieved to see it served its purpose after ages of disuse. It has a will of its own in a way, it will only guide those it deems worthy of its usage. Mostly a sailor’s heart which would explain why it worked well for you as it had for me when I was on Gaia. Your affiliation to water is so strong, it’s a wonder you don’t live and breath it sometimes. The compass will never fail you - it will serve you well in the time to come.”

Chrone nodded and tucked the compass away in her pocket. Of course it probably wouldn’t show her the way to everything but it would be mightily useful when she couldn’t figure her way out or into things. The compass was a priceless artifact and no way she would let the museum get its greedy hands on it. It belonged to her now, given by Baelhar herself. “And why a bird form?”

“I used to be the lookout for my ship. I never did enjoy the company of the rowdy deckhands and I felt unworthy of accepting offers for dinners with the other more respectable crew.”

“Modesty at its best Baelhar.”

“You are the same, if not more so than I ever was.”

“Touche.”

“I still earned my place and kept it until the day called for me to join Simone. The ship was very upset to have lost me, but I told them I would visit them whenever time permitted. And when I ascended to this form, I always kept a watchful eye for them as an ‘eye in the sky.’”

It was strange having such a casual conversation on the beach between a human and a summon, but it felt a lot more relieving to get her thoughts out to something or someone. At that moment, the pulsations returned and this time they seemed to centralize on Chrone as she finally took heed of them. Baelhar noticed this a while back and began to shift from her position on the sand. “Simone’s power reaches you even in the metaphysical realm. You should return to your own realm soon - your presence is needed there. I gave my life to help Simone and did what I could. If she considers you worthy enough to aid her, you should not linger long in your thoughts or elsewhere. A request from the Goddess is not to be taken lightly. But to have seen her rebirth must have been a sight, I never remembered her to be very flashy. Although that is my own perception. You did well child, you deserve to be called a friend and a Disciple of hers. Don’t you ever forget that.”

The power from Simone lit up her summoning contracts, the ones on her back the brightest as it peeled off her skin. It grew and expanded in the air until a single flash of light left a pair of true wings on her back. Feathers as dark as the evening reflected her chaotically organized hair, while here and there glowing, navy ones illuminated the entire set. They were as blue as her eyes, giving off a gentle warmth despite the uncanny depiction of an angel. Then again not everyone here looked exactly like an Angel - everyone had their own unique flavors and she was no exception to this rule.

Her appearance changed slightly from just a moment ago. Long, silky black hair fell in a neat bundle beyond her waist as it had been before she had it cut off. The old weight felt comfortable again and she was thankful to have it back. A black and blue cloak donned her form, leaving her shoulders bare but providing extra warmth and equal protection from the sun when necessary. It matched the color of her wings, giving her the sensation of an evening Angel. Which suited her perfectly fine. What did surprise her were the manifestations of ice shards all around her, forming two bands that seemed to criss cross in the air like belts of bullets never touching the body. She would have to explore this later.

I feel like a crow dyed blue..."

Of course that thought vanished instantly when she felt a soft hand slip into her, turning to the owner with a smile. "Your 'wackiness' saved my heart and mind a lot of pain. I think the trade off is well worth the cost." Her wings fluttered involuntarily, tucking themselves neatly against her back.

User Image

Current Song: Rain - Blackmill
Current Outfit: First Day

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
n a m i d axxxc h i k oxxxs h o
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

User Image

Current Vehicle: A.C.M.
Current Outfit: First Day

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
a r t e m i sxxx" a r t y "xxxa d i c h o
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

User Image

Current Outfit: Work, work, work

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200

Simone :: The Goddess of Choice

Once all those deemed worthy had made their decision and the ascension was complete,
Simone took a moment to look them over and gave a satisfied nod, as if pleased. “That ought to
do,” She told them. “Now, everyone gather on the dais. Hurry, I am not sure how much longer
the walls will hold.” They gathered on the raised pillar of stone, shoulder-to-shoulder and
surrounding the newly awakened goddess. Simone looked upward toward the moon and
narrowed her gaze.

She fanned her arm overhead in a long, single arc. Above them the very fabric of reality was
sliced, revealing the interlayer never seen before by the human eye. Above them they could see
a different sky, completely cloudy, with a fine mist. “Everyone hold on!” Simone warned them,
and the mountain hefted them upward on the pillar toward the opening. Once at level with it,
they were able to step off and Simone was able to close the opening behind them.

The interlayer was a strange place to behold, and perhaps a little disorienting and scary. On
either side of them it was as though they were looking down to earth from very high up. No
matter where they looked, this up-high view remained in their peripheral vision. On their right
they could recognize the mountain and the canyon, and far in the distance they could see the
evidence of humanity in the nearest town. To their left was a completely foreign world with black
soil, completely devoid of color and with sharp, stony pyres. A gray mist hung close to the
ground, although they could sometimes see movement if they looked closely.

Underneath their feet was the same mountain they had just left, but the soil was barren and
gray underneath their boots. A lot about this world was gray, including the mist that (thankfully)
obscured the two other dimensions existing on both sides of them.

“I feel him.” Simone stood from her crouched position mending the break, and pointed north
toward Simone City. “This way, in the distance. I hope you are all ready to use your wings.”

Threshold: 5 Posts.

Shoujo Flame

19,325 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
E l l i e
User Image
P r i c e

Outfit
Ellie- 18/18 HP

Ellie stretched her wings, their impressive wingspan extending to full length. She gave the a couple of little flaps before looking over at Garnet. They were pretty, but her eyes shot all over the place, not sure which color to focus on. She took Garnet's hand, happy that she had accepted the Goddess' gift, too.

"You know, its fitting that they're as colorful as you are," she said with a grin, looking around at all the others. She didn't have much more time to think, because Simone was up to something else. She had clambered onto the dais, still holding strong to Garnet's hand. She blinked, and suddenly they were in a whole other place. Kind of, anyway. Same mountain, less color.

"Let's go, Garnet," Ellie called, walking forward enough to give her wings room to flap. It was strange and surreal, but truly an experience she would never want to forget. She rose into the air-- one of the first to do so. With Garnet at her side, she was ready to follow the Goddess Simone into battle.

Partying Cat

7,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Outfit

Outfit

Outfit

Milan Kovac xxx22/22 HP
Outfit

Regina Mayes xxx22/22 HP
Outfit

Outfit

"Whoa! Please stop the slander! I'm a professional." She made a noise then swept a hand toward her chest. "Almost managed our landing single-handedly and kept the creepy crawlers at bay. Baby, you can't even tap this ego right now."

Simone's voice was the only sound she managed to catch during their ascent, which passed in seconds. The world they had been elevated to seemed juxtaposed by two realms; the Land of Living and the Land of the Damned. Between the dual pair seemed to be what Winthrope could only determine as neutral territory. From a glimpse in the direction Simone ushered their attention it might have been too soon to assume anything. She cupped a hand over her eyes and squinted.

"Straight shot is it?" The wingbeats swooping in her ears was near deafening, but she could still hear her own heartbeat underneath all the loud movement. Winthrope lunged forward into the air with a flap of her wings, stirring the low lying grey mists covering the mountain floor. She stopped short of Simone, turning to the others with her arms held up broadly. "Ladies, tell me somebody's interested in a race?"

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Brooke Demir

Dallas D’Aubigne :: ( 34 / 34 )

The ground below her boots crunched when she stepped off the dais and chalky dust stirred up. She was still rubbing her chest where the contract has been stamped, easing the soreness from her flesh and bone that, although uncomfortable, was a very welcome. Her wings stretched and moved in slow, deliberate motions as Dallas explored their mechanics. They were like an extra set of arms to her, and she found that they were easier to get used to than she thought they would.

There were more people who had arrived after the ascension, and Dallas looked around curiously to inventory the new arrivals. Vanessa, Lyra, Krasi, Dr. Chanson, others who might be present that Dallas could see but Coley forgot. She would have thought the opportunity for immortality would have tempted more people, but as it was she felt a lot better about their odds with a bigger crew.

"I don't know about racing," She told Winner with a hesitant smile. "I'll just be happy to get off the ground."

She spread her wings and flapped several times as hard as she could, and soon she was high off the ground.

Freya Ahlberg :: ( 26 / 26 )

Kamiko Hamasaki :: ( 20 / 20 )

"Your wings are really cool, Ray." Kamiko murmured in awe as they entered the Interlayer. Everyone had such grand, powerful wings! They were unlike hers, which were small and cute. She liked them though! They had a very pretty color and she felt that their size suited her. Kamiko just hoped that she could fly as well as the others.

As always, she stuck close to her pair when they prepared and executed takeoff, even if they couldn't hold hands! Kamiko's wings pumped heartily for several beats before her body was lifted off the ground. "Ahhh~! So cool!"

Lindsey McNeil :: ( 24 / 24 )

"Nice wings, Miss Kovac." She eyeballed the exotic woman's wings and appreciated the way they seemed to shift like the water and Milan's eyes. "The suit you." She smiled and tip-toed a little onto the new terrain while the others were taking to the skies. It was in her nature to stick to the rear to pick up any stragglers.

"You'll have to let me examine them more closely sometime-" She started, realizing how that might sound. Her cheeks now a healthy shade of pink, Lindsey quickly added: "For medical purposes, you know to get to know the anatomy better in case there are injuries to them - I'll be able to treat them better!"

Torrin Berne :: ( 22 / 22 )

Worthy? In the eyes of the Goddess she was, and Torrin preened momentarily as the energy tried to seek her out before readily accepting the offering. Invigorating energy charged through every cell and neuron in her body, making her feel like she could be on the top of the world. It was then that her wings came in, and Torrin hunched over to accept them.

Through the shirt of her back they erupted violently and splayed. Torrin could barely restrain herself from looking, and what she saw... Made her groan. They were a little fluffy, not sleek like the rest, and while their main color was a very lovely, deep teal, there were speckles of pink throughout. "Grim's balls," Torrin pouted. "There just had to be pink."

She still moved with the others though, and when instructed to take off she began running down the mountain before taking a leap with her wings spread wide open. If she was going to have the silly-looking wings, she might as well use them the smartest, right?

Partying Cat

7,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Outfit

"Peeshaw! You say that now, but just you wait," Giorgi swung their arms with a happy little pivot and rested Chrone's arm over her shoulder, "about a hundred years from now you'll be trying to tear me out of your hair."

There was a breath of time between their journey from Oronopq to the new gray world now surrounding them. Excitement took over the instant she clapped eyes on the city to which they were to direct their attention. It had been nearly a year since the field trip to Simone City and in retrospect she could have done more to make it memorable. Going there with the Goddess it was devoted to would more than make up for the missed opportunity.

"Sweet Jasmine, really hope I don't molt before we get there."

Outfit

Outfit

"Why am I not surprised to be endin' this in Simone's City?" Mercie's wings, gray and simple, picked her up into the air beside Dallas. She sighed into the rapidly moving wind and tucked her wings, stilling her in the air for a moment. For all intents and purposes this felt like a marvelous gift to have. She felt weightless, as if no burden in the world could scale her shoulders. Still, it didn't seem like a gift worth keeping. She want to live for an eternity. "So, ya' ready to go kill a god?"

Milan Kovac xxx22/22 HP
Outfit

With barely enough time to lift her head Simone had transported Temperance's rag-tag team of sparks to a new land, seemingly dead or long unperturbed. On either side were other realms far removed from where they stood. Any dutiful devotee of the Gods and their lore might have easily discerned the domains, but Milan was perplexed. Since ascending the mountain her suit had become a burden to breathe in. It tightened around her chest with every idle flap of her wings. While the others fanned out she began the tedious work of unfastening her breastplate.

"Gracias, Doctor." She didn't raise her chin immediately, but Lindsey's voice was easy to recognize with its lilting timbre. At her next harmless remark she halted her handiwork and glanced up at last.

"Only my wings?" Another unfastened latch dropped from her suit into the murky grey mist clinging to the ground. Milan playfully curved her lips as she stared into the sky, almost as if trapped in thought. "Don't quote me on this, but I would assume our new 'status' might change our... what is the word? Physiology? Or wouldn't I want my body better treated as well in the event of some critical injury?"

Regina Mayes xxx22/22 HP
Outfit

Outfit

XXXXXHarper VastineXXXXX

User Image

Among the number who ascended to become angels perhaps one of the most unexpectedly so, was Harper. Her two spacious wings emerged in a small burst of glowing white/gray clouds which surrounded her before dispersing. Her feathers were actually very plain, a pure white background only broken by the occasional iridescent stripe of violet. Though at the bend of both wings was printed a large circle of light. Almost immediately, she began rising into the air despite not having moved her wings at all!

"Oh!... Oh... Oh my..." Her legs stood straight as they could, hands held out to either side in an attempt to find balance. It looked kind of graceful, but it totally wasn't! As the others tried and tampered with their wings it felt as though she might float out into space! With a weird and uncoordinated effort, she spread her wings wide becoming something of a glowing, slowly rotating backdrop to what had been the north side of the room. It seemed like she was showing off now, a thought that brought the librarian's cheeks to burn! These things 'were' rather large, and seeing just how not-horrible the others appeared to be with them was disconcerting for more than one reason. To defend was her ideal here, but if things kept going like this she'd have enough on her hands simply keeping herself out of harms way.

As the others rose, so too did Harper... Kind of. It took her a minute to get going. First came lethargic floating, then one powerful rush sent her hovering higher, slowly and rather humorously straight through the cloud of other sparks. This was becoming inane and slightly bothersome!!!

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200

Simone :: The Goddess of Choice

They left the miles behind them in their frenzied flight, although the healthy Gaian landscape
would have been much more preferred to this colorless, grey world. As they approached the
city, Simone gestured for them to descend nearest a tall, crystal temple located near the shore.
Many of them would recognize this as Simone’s temple from their weekend vacation last year.
The normally prismatic structure was lifeless and cloudy.

“How cheeky,” Simone frowned and crinkled her nose up. “Taking residence in my temple. And
what a putrid smell!” She cupped her hand over her nose and glared at the entrance. Tucked
against and hanging from the walls, there was a nest of pulsating pustule sacks filled with an
unknown, cloudy, viscous fluid. Pressed to the membrane was a shadow that twitched
periodically. Upon looking around there were many more nests like this, along with a black
substance that was branching from them.

“My son is a master of infectious disease and destruction.” She warned the Angels. “His magic
has infested the walls and that is what appears to be weakening them. I can repair it, but we
need to be careful. Something about my brother’s brood does not seem... Right.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces