7,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
E G A N A Y E S
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
P O T E N T I A L
My mother used to tell me all kinds of ghost stories when I was little.
They were tales about the things that lurk underneath my bed, things that crawl around in the dark.
But I know the real monsters these days wear cheap smiles and false pretense.

A relaxed breeze washed across the winding path leading toward the garage. The humdrum of heavy metals grinding and scraping together reached into her ears and left a dull muteness. Strange whirring noises, of which she assumed emitted from a specialized piece of equipment, roared above a tower of clamors and collisions. Judging distance, and rapid increase of mechanical racket, Regan imagined the size of those machines was incredible, but it was a shot in the dark. Dual vehicles were an entire different make than the standard electric powered bike. It'd take more science than brute strength to construct one. Although she permitted that her questions were close to being answered as the garage approached. Regan's heart hammered against her chest.

"Is it usually this quiet?"
                    Regan laughed loudly over the rumble of active machines.

xxxxxxxx

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Kamiko Hamasaki

The girl in the greased jeans was pretty strange, but kind of funny. If it were Kamiko she probably would have followed the team quietly until she finished with her food, but some people were more impulsive than that. Not to say it was a bad thing - she'd seen Torrin do some pretty impulsive things that ended pretty well for her. Although, there was the other end of the spectrum, too.

"Good luck with your next lunch, uh-" Kamiko paused, realizing again that she didn't know someone's name. "I-I'm Kamiko, by the way..." She introduced nervously. Goodness! So many new faces!

As they neared the garage Kamiko's expression began to droop, remembering the time in the track where she and Shannon had almost been blown up, thanks to her inability to control her powers. Since then she's grown much more controlled, but there was always a pressure underneath the surface threatening to unravel.

"Uuu...."

Torrin Berne

"Actually?? It's not usually this noisy," Torrin nearly shouted over the rising sounds coming from the garage. "Thanks to the attack the other day, a lot of DVs were damaged and are undergoing repairs. It can still get pretty loud sometimes though!" Revving the engine of the DV tended to echo in the garage, but it wasn't a frequent, constant cacophony like it was today.

On the trail to the garage, Torrin made wide birth for a familiar, unremarkable redhead coming down the path. Dallas D'Aubigne passed them without greeting, her mind's focus somewhere else. Torrin understood that Dallas was a pained individual and she respected her determination and strength, but she didn't know how to deal with what little that she knew about her.

"... Welcome to the garage." Torrin smiled over her shoulder, brushing off her discomfort. Leading the group through the doors, it was easy to see why Temperance was rumored to have the largest variety of DV's known to Rowan. The garage was absolutely massive, stretching from one end to the other with DVs carefully parked in long rows. In the back there were mechanic stations, where almost every team they had was working on some DV or another.

In the farthest reaches of the garage, two hulking, robot-like guardespers lay deactivated and dark.

Freya Ahlberg

Leanne was such a precious child, in ways unlike how Chloe was precious. The youngest girl had big, dark eyes that seemed to be constantly hiding a calculated thought process. Yes, their little girl was a thinker and strategist and knew how to get into a little mischief. Not a lot, but enough. Being upset with her was difficult because, like Freya, Leanne cast a delicate, fragile appearance.

"Don't fight any more." She snuggled against them both, her pretty little lips curled into a sweet smile. "Or else!"

"Oh dear... We'll try!" Freya chuckled, wiggling her fingers against her baby's sides. The blond woman wouldn't fall for any of this girl's tricks: she wrote the book on them. When Leanne started to squeal and squirm she let her down so she could run off with the other toddlers.

Dallas D'Aubigne

Her hair was still damp from the shower she took after her run, but Dallas didn't want to risk being late. It took her forever to get out of the driving suit, stuck to her by a sheet of sweat and salt. Eventually she had to forgo the delicacy and yank it off, jostling her sore body and causing a new wave of discomfort.

She passed by a group of potentials that she didn't take the time to notice, heading into the school.

On the main floors of Temperance there were many offices (excluding the Headmistress' offices. Those were on the top floor), but one that was often overlooked by many and depended on by some was the counseling office, currently run by Elizabeth Lacross.

Dallas knocked politely before peeking her head in, offering a small smile towards her weekly counselor. "Good afternoon, Miss Lizzy."

Lindsey McNeil

When she picked up the phone she nearly laughed at the familiar voice: Not busy?! She smirked crookedly and slowly sank into her desk chair, happy to hear the voice of her fiery, demi-god of a grandfather.

"I've seen better days," She admitted. "It's been really busy around here since that crazy shadow invasion the other day, a lot of students were really injured from the constant hammering. And of course, Melodique refuses to take a break, which is frustrating." Lindsey had been out for a while, herself, so she didn't know how long Melodique was working. But she bet if she checked the time sheet she'd see that the redhead hadn't been down in over a day.

"It should be slowing down soon. We're powering through a lot of patients today."

Iliya Zlatkov

Partying Cat

7,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
E G A N A Y E S
P O T E N T I A L
They were tales about the things that lurk underneath my bed, things that crawl around in the dark.

"Think it'll take long for Temperance to recover? Sounds like there's extra work to do now. But I bet it's always like that," She remarked understandingly, "actually, it's to my knowledge those bad boys are spawning like crazy these days. Temperance City isn't chipper about it, plus plenty of townies think the guardians aren't putting in enough effort to keep them safe--well as shadow numbers down. Those are statistics for ya', blunt and biased."

Regan briefly mulled over the issue herself. Were the guardians doing their best to protect the city, or was this institute more important? She wouldn't bother pondering the idea for too long, the DVs were impossibly close by. Her eyes clapped around the numerous vehicles aligned in neatly respected rows. Regan did little to hide her bursting excitement, and jogged across the wide garage to panel a few refurbished dual vehicles. She abstained from jumping onto any, only due to obvious fact that most weren't in working condition. A awed giggle escaped her throat, and she found herself turning full circle whilst taking in the delirious sight. Regan parted her lips and turned to share her approval with Torrin and the others, however her espy gaze crossed over two large hulking dual vehicles she could not mistake. The potential's smile of excitement faded into an quiet expression of amazement. Without much word she drifted further towards the Guardespers a brow lifted in intrigue.

xxxxxxxx
User Image
Lizzy Lacross

Lizzy looked up, over her glasses, towards the door. She returned the smile as she shifted her chair to face the desk. She leaned back in the chair as she greeted the student.
"Dallas! Come in, dear. How are you today?"
Rayne's ears twitched at the sound of the familiar voice. She didn't open her eyes though, still enjoying having her head scratched.
Shannon Hallard

Whoa. When she said they’d hear it before they see it, she wasn’t really expecting this noise level. This was, perhaps, the noisiest that she had heard the garage be in a long time! It was like symphony of engine roars and purrs backed up by the voices and sounds tools make!

Torrin was absolutely right. The attack they had missed had caused damage… Elvy!! Shannon would have made a beeline for their trike had she not caught sight of Dallas and although a greeting was already at tip of her tongue, she thought better of it. The redhaired girl seemed focused elsewhere.

“Kamiko! Let’s go check-!” Whatever the young seer was going to say got shoved back down her throat as she finally saw her pair’s expression. “Oh Kamiko.” She murmured softly and then cupped her pair’s cheek, urging the younger girl to look at her. Shannon didn’t have to guess what her pair was thinking about. DVs and Kamiko hadn’t always gotten along. Shannon had lost dear old Frannie, she was almost lost too, but not once had she put blame on Kamiko. She pulled her pair into another hug.

“ We’re fine.” She assured with a smile on her face and then turned to look at their trike again. It felt like it’s been ages since she’s seen the three wheeled beauty. “We’re gonna check out Elvy!” She called over the noise, informing their companions.

Mary Adelgard

Mary watched the steam rise up from the cup and then felt herself just drop her shoulders a little and sighed. As she listened to the older woman speak of her past relationship, the mage could not help but understand where the doctor was coming from. She knew that feeling very well. She’s not reached the same level of calmness that Melodique seem to have attained in five years. She has yet to let go of her anger and may not do so for a while yet. She’s not looking forward to losing her reign on it but Mary knew that it was only a matter of time before she’s pushed over the edge.

"I do hope so. My nerves can only take do much uneasiness and awkwardness." It was sort of grating on her patience too. "There are still times where I end up sleeping on the floor!" She revealed with an amused chuckle.

As for something stopping her from embracing it… Well, that’s… She’s still trying to figure that out. It’s a toss-up though between her sister and who she’s with. “One of these days,” She began. “I might just take you up on your offer.” And then there was an appreciative smile on her face.

Hallowed Worshipper

11,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
-Kyna Ivion-

She couldn't help but to smile at the younger potential. Was it honestly that big of a deal that she put the corndog in her pocket? Apparently so, though it had been the only place she had to put it! Not that she had gotten very far in her attempts to save the day. Still, it got her in on the tour and she was making new friends. That was good, right?

"Well hi, Kamiko. I'm Kyna." she grinned broadly, "And uh..I'll be sure not to put the next lunch in my pocket." she chuckled, though turned her attention as the lot came into the garage.

Kyna's eyes slid closed and she inhaled deeply. Even though she had just been here before she took lunch, it felt like she'd been away for ages. The smell and noises were intoxicating to her and made her feel right at home. Oh yeah, this was her playground and where she belonged. "Hello ladies." she hummed, breaking away from the group to go to a close by corner.

There sat a pair of highly modified motor-cycle-esque vehicles. The body style was similar. It was slim, the seat reached from just behind the handle bars all the way back to the break between the body and the back tires. It was made for two- though had no on-board weaponry. The tires were separated from the body by pole-like mechanisms. Two from the front, and two from the back, each attached to one single tire. Right now, the tires on both bikes (front and back) were pressed together, making a pair of bold tires. If prompted, the tires could separate, creating a quad-like vehicle that rode low to the ground.

They were unique, and Kyna's favorite. Prorsus Stars - which was loosely translated into 'Forward Stars', or 'Straight Ahead Stars'. Either way, the name complimented their style and their use at least. They were meant to be fast and scout the way ahead. "Beautiful." she chirped, then set about checking them over. They'd be ready to ride soon, which brought an ear to ear grin to Kyna's face.

Jehui rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)

Generous Gawker

8,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Relena Saint Mantis

Taz Turunen

Taith Aerrow Zavia Turunen did not give in that easily.

Broken ******** arm or not. When she issued a challenge she wanted to win, my goodness will she win. She grated her teeth and fell back when Domi held her posistion. Taz swerved dangerously, then managed to get control of the bike again, moving her injured arm from the handle bar and waving it to get feeling back in it. She smirked.

"I agree. You'll make me moan alright. Later though." She smiled. "Now is my turn to shine b***h! Deal with it!"

She clutched the handle bars with both hands again and pressed further.

10+4 = 14!! smile

Pulling up beside Domi, she smiled at her girlfriend, racing neck to neck before moving just a bit a head and dangerously cutting in front of the other, forcing Domi to break if she didn't want to rear end Taz.

"Dominique Garfield! You can ******** eat me! Make sure you enjoy every bit of it too!"

Doctor Mélodique Chanson

"This is true." Melodique took a sip of her tea, closed her eyes and sighed."I will be happy if you took me up on my offer. It'll help to get it out there and I might be able to give you some perspective." She admitted. "Just as long as you swear you're not looking for someone perfect for that sort of help, because I am very far from it. Maybe it's intimidating to some that the one helping them is just as flawed but I think it can be comforting..." Melodique tilted her head from side to side.

"Well, we're all human Mary, and strong experiences stick into our systems often far longer than we wish they would. When we're finally seeing the other end of it or have, I think its important to share that, to show people to let them see that all trials can eventually be conquered..."

She smiled at that thought. "It took me forever to stop the stupid little things: calling her, wearing her shirts to bed." She laughed, though the laugh was tinged with regret. It was a pity that she started one of those two bad habits again.

Melodique looked deep into the dark brew of her tea and sighed.

"It doesn't matter if the experience was positive or negative to us. It makes an impact, a lasting impression upon us that will fade with time but never truly leave us. That is my belief. That is why we need to be open with it, whether the experience is a badge of honour we wear with pride, or... a scar of shame we hide from everyone's sight."

Melodique absentmindedly touched her back and frowned.

"That's the reality, Marianne. Soldiers can't simply stop being soldiers the moment they walk off the battle field. The smoke and the fire and the fear of death will still cling to your veins." She sighed a long breath. "And you can't simply stop being someone's wife by taking that ring off your finger." She tugged at the chain around her neck.

"The bruises and scars might justify your every right to, but that doesn't mean your heart will listen."

Leonora J. Sutaru

Leonora grinned, then turned to her girlfriend.

"Cute little bugger." The olive skinned woman sniffled and laughed, tentatively scratching away at her scars again. "She takes after one of her mothers too much." There was a playful lit to her voice though she didn't look at Freya. The boyish woman brushed the hair from her eyes and sighed thoughtfully, tilting her head towards the sun and allowing the warm rays to play across the planes of her face. She closed her eyes and hummed.

"I wonder," her voice was filled with reflective laughter, "if we had boys, hell, if I still had Jovan, if you would rub off on them and they'd become as coy and as cheeky as you can be." Leonora grinned playfully. "I'm sure in one of those strange alternate parallel dimensions something like that happened. I bet you in one of them, my equivalent would still have remained Jelena."

She lowered her head, eyes still closed, not caring that her hair fell into her face again.

"The amount of possibilities amazes me. I mean... even when we were in that dimension where everyone was older... the odd ones we met were different -- not just by age, but in little things we may never know. It makes me wonder what may or may not await us later on. And it also makes me think..."

Leonora opened her eyes and stared at her hands, flexing them slowly into fists and then opening them again. She began repeating this over and over.

"This...what we have? It is only one of nearly an infinite amount of possible outcomes we could of had, Freya. On one hand its immensely frightening to know that." She pressed her lips together tight. "On the other hand its an immensely humbling thing. Things may of ended up better... or they may of ended up worse? And if the wind blows, everything might change on us yet again. It's... so fragile... like a snowflake. It floats and flutters in the wind and its almost impossible to get it to stay in one place. But, once you catch it, the heat from your body melts it away... The only way you can keep it is if you wear gloves to protect it from yourself, and, frankly, from everything else as well."

Leonora looked up at Freya from behind her bangs and smiled again. She moved her hands on top of each other, the palms facing each other.

"Maybe its vain of me to try, especially when I am almost certain I lack the means but... I want to protect this. What we have here. It'll change with time. That's inevitable. Time changes. Seasons change, people change, countries change. I want to protect it anyways though. Protect the people I care about. Protect you. Protect Zaira and the kids. Protect my students and my friends..."

Leonora laughed awkwardly at this.

"Grand plans from a woman who can barely take care of herself right now, huh?" Leonora was no fool. Freya and Zaira cringed at the prospect of there being a shadow attack. Hell, the one that happened before the mission had them worried -- and not just because it was unusually strong, which was a major concern to just about everyone. It was when Leo noticed Freya's reaction towards Relena -- it being more than the hot anger. Then finally Zaira and Freya's insistence of keeping Leonora close at all times during the mission, and their insistence on checking in every so often that it finally dawned on her...

Leo knew she still didn't have a good handle of herself and of things yet. It always showed. Even while teaching she had a few close calls with the careless and more rambunctious students. Not that a few burns here and there was a huge issue. (the last set had been, frighteningly, from Raleigh Lynnette, who claimed it was an accident, but Leonora doubted some of the legitimacy in that statement). The huge issue was that Leo, an instructor, wasn't able to command her own power to its full capability. It was no secret to anyone, not even the students whom she tried to keep it from. Her issue with that was kept under wraps and she had been trying her best to get back into the swing of things and get her former finesse back, but people tend to notice when someone whom was Outstandingly Magnificent at something were now merely Above Average.

As a result, she lost a lot of respect that she had from her students before. That, of course, led to many of them pushing the boundaries to see how far they could get with her. They were seeing how much they could push and get away with.

Hence, Zaira and Freya weren't just trying to be helpful while she got back on her feet. They were flat out trying to ensure that she was safe. It was both endearing and incredibly embarrassing to Leonora. Leonora just didn't admit to the second feeling out loud. She knew her lovers only meant well.

"I know I'm still having those headaches and such and Doctor Chanson has been really a**l about that whole sparring thing, but damnit, I need to do something other than just cycling and practicing spells on their own. How can you regain your abilities in a practical skill when you're not even allowed to use it in its most practical and utilized manner?"

Ray-Lynn Der Malian

Noisy felt like a gross understatement. Ray-Lynn had her earmuffs on and it still she found herself clenching her jaw. She was sure Dallas had left by now: goddess knew why she still remained here. Nails which had always been bitten to the quick, or until they bled dug into the pale flesh of her arms: she was wearing a t-shirt right now.

She had a jacket with her earlier, but she had forgotten where she had put it, hence her dilemma. Ray-Lynn consistently cursed herself for this. This wasn't like her at all.

Finger shaped welts made the skin of her arms angry and red, a possible precursor to a soon to be bruise, but whether Ray knew or cared was debatable. The mere action was all that kept her from screaming out, from making a scene.

Considering she could hear voices in the muffled world her ear muffs protected her from -- one full of the sound of engines, it was very good she was keeping a rein on it all, even if it was barely contained.

She was searching by all of the DV's trying to jog her memory as to which one she had been checking out before -- out of pure curiosity that is. Goddess knew Raleigh Lynnette Der Malian did not have enough balls or self control to possibly hop into one of those damn contraptions, actually start it and attempt to drive it without having a panic attack somewhere in the mix. Not alone, at the very least.

Down, onto her hands and knees she went. Searching, searching. It was a rather new jacket, a gift really. She'd be disappointed to lose it that easily, and she was quite sure she couldn't approach the person she got it from and tell them she lost it. They'd be upset with her. Well, they wouldn't really. It's complicated, but she'd feel really bad, because she really liked it. That jacket was one of the more memorable gifts from Simone -- other than Camilla's, and it really and truly was the only thing she had from them.

The soon to be Lady Der Malian scowled at the thought, breathing out harshly before throwing her hands up in frustration, tugging violently at her hair, she finally let out a yowl.

She quickly remembered she wasn't alone and clenched her jaw, then jolted right to her feet.

Anyone silly enough to be standing near the young woman at the time would have the misfortune of getting headbutted.

Karelineo Kuscherii

Karelineo flashed her teeth, long canines glittering in the light. "Since never to be honest." Karelineo allowed her hands to rest on Vanessa's thighs for a moment before moving up. She smirked at the woman's blatant manner and leaned into Vanessa.

She moved her hands further up her legs before gripping hard. In a smooth motion she stood, leaning back so that Vanessa wouldn't tip over. Kicking the chair away from them, Karelineo moved swiftly and pinned the woman to the wall.

"I think I like this better." With that, she took Vanessa's mouth into her own.

Malwyn Carmineo

~+~Chairwoman Athene~+~
User Image
Vera Knightly

Vera slowly removed her hand wraps, the tape uncoiling to the floor. She had just finished a nice workout in the operations room working on her hand-to-hand. She found herself falling comfortably into a style of kick boxing, using the hands for quick jabs and blocks and following through with powerful kicks and knees. She shook her red hair of sweat before undressing out of her workout clothes and taking a quick shower.

Once she had gotten out of the shower and into some clean clothes she walked outside and headed for the garage. She still had some work to do on the weapons system she was trying to install on her bike. She grinned at the thought of getting them working and testing them out on the track. As she neared the garage she could hear that it was still quite busy, many potentials and guardians working to repair broken DVs and other vehicles after the attack. She pulled out a pair of ear buds and put them in her ears, turning on the small music player in her pocket. With all the racket in the garage, she found listening to music helped her focus and ignore the noises around her. She put on some loud Drum and Bass and walked into the building.

Inside she noticed some potentials looking around. She recognized Torrin among them. She smiled, grabbing a wrench and a pair of pliers from a nearby workbench, and greeted the girls on her way by.
"Ladies. What brings you to the garage this fine day?"
She reached into her pocket and paused the player so she could hear their response, if she even got one, unsure if they would be able to hear her over the noise around them.

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Torrin Berne

As they entered the garage a great dispersion occurred among the the group, causing them to branch out in different directions until only she and Eve remained. She flashed her teeth at Eve in a good-natured smirk and had her come along with her to follow Regan. They passed by Kyna ogling the Prorsus Stars and Torrin audibly scoffed above the din. "That sure as hell ain't no Renge design! Prorsus' are for pansies!"

Growing as she was from her abrasive attitude, Torrin still had a snide side to her that was especially brought out in the garage. She didn't have a lot of patience for 'scout' vehicles. If they wanted something without a weapon on it, then they might as well just go into town and get a hover bike.

Without stopping or slowing, Torrin came to Regan's side and quietly looked up at the massive things. "It's crazy being inside one." Torrin put her hands in the pockets of her slacks and looked vertical towards the 'face' of the beast. "Like being on stilts, underwater. Your power starts to flow around in the chamber and it surrounds you. Aside from the sensing equipment in the harness, it's almost like it tells the thing what to do." The power seemed to track the more delicate movements of the body that the harness wouldn't track.

That was the kind of subtlety a Renge design was known and loved for!

"Hey Vera." Torrin turned around as the other potential approached. She could hear the girl above the din, among many other things. She had fair hearing for delicate things like that. "We're bringing a new student around on a tour. Regan, this is Vera Knightly. Vera, this is Regan Mayes."

Torrin paused suddenly, her brow narrowing. She looked over her shoulder across the garage, scanning the area. "That sounded like Ray..."

Dallas D'Aubigne

"Today," Dallas entered the office and shut the door behind her, really making sure that the sound-proof door had latched itself and there were no disruptions in its seal. "Mom - Iliya - is in the hospital. She's really heavy with the baby and they're just waiting for her to go into labor. The doctor says that the baby could come in a day or two, tops."

She moved slowly to sit down on the couch near the desk, laying back so she could look out the window or at Liz if she needed to.

"I went to the track," Dallas brushed her wet hair aside and tried to get settled. These sessions weren't terrible, but she still was nervous in the beginning. "And I beat the level two course. I wrecked the car at the end though, or maybe the car wrecked itself. I'm not really a fan of AI's, that one in particular was really chatty."

Kamiko Hamasaki

A hand against her cheek, soft and gentle to the touch, turned her head towards her beloved roommate and urged her to gaze into her eyes. Kamiko offered a sheepish expression in response to the look she was receiving, but she still felt guilty about the pain she caused. "The guilt's a good thing, Onee-chan." Kamiko responded in a voice that carried between them. "It's the reason I worked so hard in the beginning to get control."

They hugged, and before she knew it they were heading towards Elvy again.

She really didn't have a lot of resentment towards the DV. In fact, the thing had helped them on during Glaston's attack. Still, she approached with caution until she looked in the front seat and thought back to Simone and her two little sisters sitting in the driver's seat.

"Do you remember my sisters in that seat?" It was so exciting to see the thing start up with them there. Those two were inseparable. If anything, they would have a pair in each other if and when they arrived.

Kamiko was about to say more when she heard a human yowl nearby and saw a familiar head bob up two rows over.

"Shannon, look. It's Ray. Ray!"

Freya Ahlberg

"Can a child ever be too much like a parent?" Freya crooned innocently. She saw clearly how much Leanne mimicked her behavior, how closely that little girl watched her when she was thinking and when she was doing. But what Leo didn't notice was the way Chloe looked at her, mimicked her. It made her feel a little sorry for Zaira, but it's simply the way things were.

"I don't know how things would have turned out, honey... But what I do know is that in each dimension we're not the same people we are in this one - absolutely, we're the same people but different based on the decisions directly before and behind us. Whatever happens in the nearby dimensions is of little consequence to us. We concern ourselves with what happens here.

"I know it's frightening that we can't see what's two steps ahead of us, just waiting to fall in our path, but we've come this far. And although we haven't gotten through it unscathed we've still made it and we'll keep on making it. Despite what the DEM suggests, the only way to go is forward so we'll keep plowing in that direction." Freya looked at Leo with a reassuring gaze, the ferocity in the delicate crystalline adamant and determined.

She sighed then, and planted her hands on her hips. She could tell that Leo was really frustrated by her situation with her spells, from being unable to spar and regain her ability. It was like learning how to walk again; humans had an affinity to it because of the way their body was built, but they couldn't just do it without knowing.

Freya also didn't like how the students were treating Leo.

"I'll plot something up. I think it's about time the students realize that, although you're not at your best yet, they need to respect you and at least be kind. I think something ruthless will be satisfactory in teaching them as well as straightening them out."

Lindsey McNeil

Iliya Zlatkov

User Image
Lizzy Lacross

Lizzy's smile broadened as she listened to Dallas. Rayne's ears twitched again and she finally looked up and tried to peek over the desk.
"Well, that's all good news! Congratulations on your success. You're certainly improving yourself. Are you excited to be getting a sibling?"
Rayne couldn't see over the desk, so she slowly sat up, stretching and yawning as she did. Her mouth opened wide as she inhaled deeply, her teeth showing nice, white and sharp. She looked over at the couch and recognized the potential. She was there often, talking with Liz. The fox hopped off of her mistress's lap and padded around on the floor for a bit before moving towards the couch. There she sniffed the air, taking in Dallas's sent, then bent her hind legs to sit at the foot of the couch, looking up at the girl.
The counselor giggled as she watched, always amused and intrigued by her companion's action, no matter how mundane and common.
User Image

Elissa Goldren

With a wary glance, Elissa watched the Ex-guardian, hesitating in answering her. It seemed like she had done a complete one eighty which had completely caught Elissa off guard. She was expecting to be kept of the defensive the whole time but here she was attempting to meet her half way. Or something along those lines. "Tomorrow then." Elissa replied with a bit of hesitation. She still seemed to be uncertain of her change of direction. She looked over at Guren and Araceli wonder how they were taking this change of direction.
Shannon Hallard

“I know but like I said before, none of it had been your fault.” Shannon knew that her younger pair is not going to let go of that guilt anytime soon and she had to relent that it had helped. Kamiko, Shannon was sure, could drive a DV now with more confidence and more control. Of course, if Kamiko was willing to try it alone, that’s possibly another question all together. Another step that the girl will have to take but hopefully not too soon.

Reaching Elvy, Shannon reached out and touched the wheel. The front carriage was still missing a chair but that was going to change very soon. Then Kamiko called attention to the back seat. “Yes! That had been an unexpected surprise!” There had been a second of panic but thankfully Elvy was unarmed at that time and Kamiko’s sisters were still too young to give enough power to the large DV to operate properly but given the small charge they passed to ELvy it would have moved all turtle pace like.

“I do hope they haven’t been handful, having discovered they were sparks so young.” Bragging rights were issued that day to the two younger Hamasakis. Shannon could only wonder what the two had been up to since then!

A little startled at the yowl, Shannon looked around curiously wondering where it came from. Kamiko then pointed to a familiar form not far from them. Well, no matter how unlikely it was, Ray IS in the garage! And summoner looked downright annoyed. That sent warning bells in Shannon’s head but if Ray was annoyed with something, maybe they could help. “Ray!” She called, mimicking her pair.

She gave one more affectionate pat against Elvy’s hood and cautiously approached the irritated heiress. “Can we help?” The young seer readily offered.

Mary Adelgard

“I am truly not looking for anyone’s help in it. Guardian’s Honor.” And Mary gave Guardian salute. This was something she preferred to deal with on her own. There’s no harm in getting some perspective but it was still up to her if she was going to go through with it or maybe heed the warning that other side provided.

Mary truly doubted this trial could be conquered. She disguised a sigh by gently blowing into her steaming cup of tea, as if she was trying to cool it. Acceptance just doesn’t come easy. Bowing out was simply out of the question. That was her only family. It had been years since she’s attempted to contact relatives on their maternal and paternal sides. She wouldn’t find it strange if they had completely forgotten their eldest daughters.

“They’re not really stupid little things.” Well, at least Mary didn’t think so. Then again, maybe she’s not helping her case by saying that.

Positive or negative. Well, for the mage it was a little bit of both. It was like they were living in sin. Oh what fun those days were. “So you’ve been there, done that and came out on top.” The pink haired mage couldn’t help but feel quite awed. Amazing, really.

“How do you get your heart to listen then?” Mary posed. Her rational mind told her this but her heart commanded that. They always bashed heads and there only a few occasions where they agreed.

Partying Cat

7,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
E G A N A Y E S
P O T E N T I A L

The majesty of its silently empowered countenance sucked the air from her lungs, after inhaling deeply Regan released a impressed sigh. Guardespers were like myth in the slumps. Most DV fanatics would nearly kill for a picture of this mechanical deity, yet here she stood staring one down. From glowing paint job to modified weapon slots, the Guardesper lorded its vain glory over the rest of the DVs. She was awe-struck to put terms lightly. Of course, she believed Torrin's words whole-heartedly and without question. Being inside one of those powerful creations was probably an experience made up of the same stuff dreams were. Regan looked forward to the moment she'd be able to feel that surreal sensation.

"Bet she's hell when it comes to handling," Regan chortled, eyes darting Torrin's direction before shifting to their original view; the guardesper.

The potential unwillingly turned halfway to greet the newest woman, Vera Knightly. This was a sprightly looking thing. Her ears were plugged up with ear buds, were it not for the raucous noise echoing throughout the garage Regan imagines she'd be listening to something alternative, or even that hot new pop genre all the girls in the city raved about. Then again, she couldn't conclude anything off a first impression. Regan extended a casual 'hello' with her usual cocky smirk, though made sure to include a welcoming two-fingered salute.

"Heard about the fluctuation, sounds like you got your hands tied up."
                    She spoke over the noise, arms crossed over her chest. "I've handled DVs a couple of times, you need a hand just holler. I'm a quick study where mechanics are involved. Sure I could also learn how to pilot those things better if I know what makes em' tick. Good deal for you in the long run." She winked and nodded into the direction of the DVs parked behind Vera and briefly turned to observe the guardesper again. Goddess, what it'd be like to master one of those beasts! Regan returned her backwards gaze again, this time to look past Vera in response to Torrin's question.

"Who?"

xxxxxxxx
User Image
Vera Knightly

The right side of Vee's mouth curled up in a lopsided grin as she brought the wrench she was carry up to her temple, returning the salute.
"Thanks for the offer. If you wanna help out just talk to Miss Hallard. Today, however, I'm working on a personal project."
Vee flipped her wrench in the air as she finished, excited to get back to her beloved bike.
"Converting my old bike into a DV. She's gonna look beautiful when I'm finished."
The new girl turned back to the grand gaurdespers, so she stood there and watched her fascination for a moment, knowing just how she was feeling.

Generous Gawker

8,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Relena Saint Mantis

Taz Turunen

Doctor Mélodique Chanson

Melodique bit her lip and shook her head. That was... an inaccurate way of putting it.

"Came out on top?" There was a tinge of bitterness in her tone. "Mon Dieu..." Her chocolate eyes grew dark, watery and she smiled and shook her head. "It's never as simple as that. It's no race, no fight, no war. Things like that are far more about winning or losing... or rather, they redefine what it means to win and to lose..."

She was open about what happened, yes, but Melodique had always did so in an entirely sterile manner. Whenever she told people about what happened to her, she spared them all the painful details.

Sometimes merely knowing what happened was too much for people, never mind the degree of how truly horrible it was.

"Winning and losing in these situations, they are never clearly defined. All we can do is weigh and reweigh what we gained and hope that it was worth it." Melodique sighed and shook her head. "If it wasn't worth it, we need to be able to bring ourselves to a point where we can move along anyways." Melodique licked her dry lips and adjusted her glasses, being sure to wipe at her eyes.

"I won my freedom, Mary, and I won strength to stand." She admitted. "I won the sanctity of knowing that I could finally look my loved ones in the eye and not see this pained worry. I won the serenity of being able to talk to the ones I love about my life and not feel ashamed, or that I have to hide things from them." She smiled at that thought. "I won back the ability to smile and mean it, to do my life's passion and not hate that I could help others but not myself. I also won scars. So. Many. Scars." There was a tremor in her hand and Melodique placed down her cup of tea, folding her hands and letting them rest against her thighs.

"I lost over eleven years of my life for that." She paused to lick her lips again. "I...I nearly lost my entire life for that..." she husked. "and," she looked up, her voice finding a bit of strength again, "I lost my wife for that." She stared down at her hands and shrugged.

"It's not as simple as 'coming out on top' there's too many shades of grey for that. And your heart?" Melodique smiled wryly. "It may never listen -- I know mine still doesn't. I still love Aeron D'Astrous with every breath I take, but every cell in my body knows that this is what's best for me. After everything that's happened, I have no desire to return, despite how I still feel. "

Leonora J. Sutaru

Leonora sighed. Oh Freya. She was always so loyal.

The bluenette ran a hand through her hair, closed her eyes and sighed. "First of all," her voice held a sharp edge to it, "We -- as in you and I and maybe Zaira if she's game, will plot something. Not you." She tilted her head and sighed.

"Secondly, to be perfectly honest, I understand where the students are coming from. I'm not saying its right -- not by far, but I understand. Its a natural inclination to want your teacher to be someone you look up to, aspire towards. Not someone whom you're almost on equal grounds with."

Leonora frowned, rolling her shoulders. She then sighed.

"I don't know Freya. It's a touchy situation. On one hand I should be careful until Doctor Chanson gives a green light on everything. On the other hand, I'm getting restless like this, and just...sick and tired." She rubbed her eye -- the still natural one and scowled.

"I just feel like I'm an utter liability and I'm getting sick of it. I want to contribute again. I want to be someone who has your back instead of someone whom you're always looking out for."

Ray-Lynn Der Malian

Ray's arms crossed tightly over her chest. The dark haired summoner's glasses were just a bit crooked. She frowned, long hair falling into her face, much to her continued annoyance. She didn't care much to have her hair unbound, especially when she was already agitated.

Kamiko and Sharon's attention upon her made her pause. She even held her breath for but a moment before letting it go. She stared past the pair before blinking slowly, as if unable to take them in. She clenched and unclenched her jaw for a moment, a long painful moment that stretched on until she finally found her voice.

"My jacket." She murmured, rocking back and forth -- heel to toes and back again, over and over again. "Placed it down...don't remember where..." She frowned, her arms tightening over her chest.

"It was a gift. Simone, you know?" She said then also admitted, "There's a hair band in its pockets...and bottles." She stared at the ground and sighed. "Prescriptions, actually." She adverted her eyes, trying her best to avoid catching their gazes, still rocking away.

"Both are important..." Sharon did ask to help so she might as well provide the information necessary. "The jacket's black, denim. There should be three bottles...I need all three back. I was silly..."

Karelineo Kuscherii

Malwyn Carmineo

~+~Chairwoman Athene~+~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out