Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Friend

K i r c h e x L a i x Z h a d d a g hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

location her bedroom
company Hitashi
mood annoyed

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know the difference
Between myself and my r e f l e c t i o n
I just can't help but wonder
Which of us do you l o v e more...

- - - 》Undoubtedly, the over all decision of the group had been to vacate the room. Whether or not some might attempt to return would be up to their level of tolerance. Kirche had lost hers. It'd been the reason why the company of a guard was desired over that of the other spoiled royal families. Even her own sibling managed to escape such a poor session of introductions. Not surprising. A pink tongue glazed over that lower lip as she and Hitashi exited the dining room, not bothering to shift a glance to the late arrival and ease drop of the conversation between him and the bug. Good, at least someone would be able to share their attention with others. The absence of the twins and the scatter of guards and maids shifted the way the air in the building. Uncomfortable and on edge.

Eyes drifted down towards Hitashi's idle hands. " There isn't a need to be so protective. No one would be ignorant enough to carry on what that twit started. Especially, outside of that room. " Realistically, she'd hoped for something, anything that would provide reasonable cause for her to break out of this arrangement. Surely, reports of abuse and continuous slander would call for a rise in arms and the shatter of these silly contracts. " Don't even bother speaking with their help either...they'll be of no use to us and likely...just as ignorant as their masters. " Just because she hadn't been in the same room as the royals, didn't mean that the insults would stop. It'd be difficult to adjust the topic with a Shasta. Stubborn like the mountains, it'd take a lot of patience before it'd move along in a different way.

Pre-decided location meant that herself and Hitashi would end up in her bed chamber. At least, then, there would be no concern of random wanderers or interruptions that were not approved by herself first. No fight came to have Hitashi in her presence; no need for him to linger outside the doorway and play guardian when she needed someone else to pick on or at least lend an ear to listen to the hour long rant she had in store. " Absolutely ridiculous! How would you feel knowing that you had to marry someone that you absolutely abhorred? A person that you didn't know? All for the sake of your parents ignorance? " The door couldn't be slammed as Hitashi followed in her wake but an ample amount of stomping happened. " Marry for love...and that's it..that is how it should be. " Groaning. " How can I be expected to love someone who act like a three year old? "

XSenkoX's Significant Otter

Inquisitive Lover

Take a leap of faith.
        I know we'll make it.

Anna "Annabel" Crowbers. 21 years-old. Laelie Bodyguard.

User Image
                                      Everything happened too fast. One minute she was leisurely leaning against the wall, folding her arms, watching the dinner with a face of the most amused pleasure. The next, everything turned into a bloodbath…but without the blood. Though judging by the dire situation, many things could happen if unprepared. The prince of Zuleidi had unnecessarily caused a commotion by sending food and splattered it onto the face of the princess’ groom’s sister. It was no doubt like sending waves to a storm of hell. She couldn’t tell, but on the surface, the princess had handled herself well by stepping out of her seat with as much calm and as much grace as she could muster, accompanied by her brother.

Despite her distaste for any type of conflict, Anna felt a slight comfort that the Gradian guard grabbed the hemline of his shirt and spoke a warning with such disdain for his lack of conduct then. It was like watching a child being scolded by his mother for bad behavior.

Ah, more humor.

As she nearly broke herself into a smile, she did not notice that the princess had taken herself off her seat. Realizing her duty as the bodyguard, she turned to look for the princess, and noticed that she did just that. Shaking her head slightly, albeit exasperatedly, she moved from her stoic position and proceeded to search for the princess, only to see her conversing with another prince. It seemed he was a late comer to the banquet, for he asked to no one in particular regarding the sudden halt of the planned banquet. Her burgundy eyes flickered at the abrupt transition, and she approached both of them, though at a slight distance, close enough to keep a watch on the princess, and far enough as to not impose on whatever they are discussing.

She watched the whole thing with careful, scrutinizing eyes as the princess suddenly moved to another location. Anna had the urge to just leave her be, but she knew it would not be a proper thing for a guard to do. Gingerly, she followed her with yet enough distance behind, as the princess approached her husband-to-be. She listened. From her words, it was very clear she was planning a rendezvous the princess would likely not want her guard to be in on watch duty. But then again, it is after all, her duty, and what were to be said to the Queen if anything had happened to her.

She cleared her throat, as she softly called out for her mistress “Your highness,” she continued "May I interject? Perhaps a rest is more needed considering tonight's...fiasco,"

[00C; EDIT.]
    Lucian Gaska IgaliosUser Image
    Company: unknown royals
    "He conquers who endures."

The gray-haired elf turned his attention to the woman who responded to him. She was pale in complexion, had blue hair, hair accessories, wore simple garb overall, but the single most identifying feature of her was the fact that that everything seemed, for lack of a better term, bright. From what the elf could gather so far, she probably hailed from the kingdom of Laelie. The elf also assumed at that point she was at least half-faerie; proof of being a faerie came from the ability to fly. As far as the elf could see, he saw no wings. Still confounded, Lucian asked the woman "Prince Jean?" The name rang bells in the man's mind, but he found it difficult to place names to faces, especially when hungry.

The elf walked over to the table and picked up an unfinished glass of red wine and looked at the clear bottle, unlabeled, beside it, its contents largely untouched. The cork was already off, and the elf could at least tell from the scene of the table that there was more bickering done than eating. Lucian took a sip of the wine. "A very concentrated flavor, but tastes corked. It's almost as though they were in a rush to make it." The gray-haired elf said, in regard to the wine. He sighed and chuckled. Turning his attention to the girl once more, she looked as though she was trying to get tipsy off of wine. Lucian was going to interject wine can't get a person drunk unless an entire bottle was down, and that was assuming one could not hold his or her drink. The woman, however, seemed lost in thought. "Prince Jean." He said, to the woman. "You must mean Jean-Baptiste, of Zuleidi, no?" The man knew, at least, she was of royal descent, and knew that the name "John-Baptist" belonged only to an individual who rivaled his own outgoing adventure.

Lucian clearly stood at least a foot taller than the woman. She was a petite woman with rather small features, which further supported his theory that she was faerie. "I don't believe we've been properly introduced. The name's Lucian. Lucian Igalios." He smiled sincerely. Gambling with the facts he had at the moment, he took a guess at the woman's name. "You must be the princess of Laelie. Aine, was it?" The elf knew everyone's name; for Lucian, it was a matter of matching faces to their names. "Pleasure to meet you, despite these circumstances."

The gray-haired elf then listened in on the conversation between her "lord" Kunal. "Why... why do you talk as though you owe the man something? I know you don't know the man, so why? Why do you act as though you've been friends for life?" The man thought, inwardly. He clenched his teeth slightly, enough so that it did not disrupt the man's smile. "Why throw away your freedom now? You're not married, woman! Be free!" Again, he said, inwardly. The man sighed, then helped himself to a plate of untouched food, which was assumed to be his, as it appeared as though the seat had not even been occupied. Some time had passed, and Aine had mentioned leaving for the garden. Looking around, Lucian noted that it was basically only the three of them in the dining hall.

Comfortable, with his hunger sated, Lucian got up, wiped his mouth, then took his leave, as everyone else had. "I bid you farewell, m'lady. Thank you for having me in your company." Curious to figure out his brother's role in recent events, the gray-haired elf wandered the halls aimlessly in search of both the family bodyguard and sibling. "Oh Miyana, Heron, wherefore art thou both?" The man said, chuckling. In a hurried pace, he searched and searched to no avail. "Times like these I wish I could simply bash through a wall and find 'em, haha." He sighed, then walked casually, taking the time to admire the caste for what it had to offer.

UPDATE !!:
    Company: none

User Image
    [Ӈ] ι т α s ɧ ι [Є] т s υ к σxxxxxxxx
    User Image
    “Αnyone can gιve υp, ιт'ѕ тнe eaѕιeѕт тнιng ιn тнe world тo do. вυт тo нold ιт тogeтнer wнen everyone elѕe woυld υnderѕтand ιғ yoυ ғell aparт, тнaт'ѕ тrυe ѕтrengтн.”

F e e l i n g┡ Prepared┦ L o c a t i o n┡ Bhegin┦ W i t h┡ Kirche

A sigh of relief escaped Hitashi's soft lips as the two arrived in her bedroom chamber. All tension had been lifted off his shoulders. While down at the dinner he wasn't exactly sure what would happen. All the races had been shoved into a dinning room with envelopes that would determine their betrothed and their fate. There was no telling what could happen, perhaps one of the royals could have gone mad and attacked one another after a series of stereo typical insults. Whatever going on down there now did not concern Hitashi, now he was with the princess...alone in her chamber.

Some might have viewed this situation as awkward, but Hitashi thought nothing of it. It wasn't like this was the first time he was alone with her. He had been her valiant protector since he was sixteen, he was now twenty-four. When she had told him to lower his guard he smirked, releasing his grip on his blades handle. "Forgive me, my lady. It's just a bad habit." he muttered. Examining her as she started off on her rant, she seemed furious. Though this was much expected, how would anyone feel when they are told they must marry someone for the sake of their kingdom. Not to mention this someone is a jerk you hate.

Falling back into a cushioned chair which was located a good distance from her bed, he kept eye contact. She questioned how Hitashi would feel in her unfortunate situation. He grinned, and replied "Well princess. I can relate to how you feel...you see my fate was predetermined as well. As a member of the Etsuko clan, it was my duty to train endlessly to inevitably become your protector." he paused, trying to think of the best way to compare the two situations. "I had no idea who you were, all I knew is I would be spending my life at your side. And here I am."

Finally it was time for the theme of his story. "You see princess, sacrifices must be made for a greater cause. That is why no choice of a future was given to me. Because you needed a protector and with this fate I have kept you safe thus far. As for you, you've been chosen to marry the aquatic prince. And so as a result you shall strengthen our relationship with his people and bring an era of peace."

Beloved Friend

location her bedroom
    company Hitashi
    mood annoyed

I know the difference

- - - 》....all I knew is I would spending my life at your side. Words could not be more comforting had reality stuck with it. " I am to wed a child for the sake of our Kingdoms...." The very idea might have felt like a noble responsibility to some but to Kirche it'd felt as though what she desired had no longer mattered. Though ignorance of her own ability might have played into that fact. Life had been spent doing as she pleased, whenever she'd desired to do it. There was no time spent focusing on the well-being of her Kingdom, as that is what her parents had focused upon. Especially her father. It might be more understandable now, coming upon the age of consent and being able to start making an impact on those around her. Would the two truly benefit for having each other for the rest of their lives?

" Do you despise being with me? " From her perch at the side of the bed, attention focused sharply before drifting towards a window. " I do not see how you and I can be so similar if you do not hate my very presence. " In the regard, unless he did in fact hate the idea of being around such a stubborn brat as herself, then he would not find familiar shoes. " What I mean to say is...well...if you were in love...would you not find it despicable to be wed to someone you despise? " Heavy sigh. " And in that light..would you still go through with it knowing that it may aid hundreds but you, yourself, could never be happy? " The more question she'd seem to ask, the more frustrated she'd become. If he had not provided her with the answer Kirche wished to hear, then this tranquil room would end up being nothing more than a room.

" I can not live that way. " Huff. Arms tossed themselves in the air, provoking a full tilt backwards as she flopped on top the bed. Fingers fiddle with themselves before resting limp above her head. Chest rose and fell with each displeased breath and hair scattered about her arms and face. " My happiness should be just as important as anyone else. How can I be expected to run a Kingdom being unhappy? " Her her her...when wasn't it all about Kirche? How spoiled she sounded but surprisingly, it'd gone unnoticed by herself. " Hita, what am I to do if they return you? " Weakly said.

User Image
      “Αnyone can gιve υp, ιт'ѕ тнe eaѕιeѕт тнιng ιn тнe world тo do. вυт тo нold ιт тogeтнer wнen everyone elѕe woυld υnderѕтand ιғ yoυ ғell aparт, тнaт'ѕ тrυe ѕтrengтн.”

Hitashi's eyes widened. Kirche, even if it would be only for a few moments she came in contact with her calmer more reasonable side. She began to think about the situation a bit more logically but without getting rid of that selfishness. A slight shock was sent up his spine, "Do you despise being with me?" is what she had asked. A question Hitashi had been asking himself his whole life. Yet he himself had never found the answer to this puzzling question. With Kirche it was a love / hate relationship. Sometimes when she was in touch with her tranquil and sensitive side, he absolutely adored her company. Other times when she was grumpy he hated his fate. Examining the situation further Hitashi began to formulate a response for her.

"I suppose...I despise the fact that my fate was chosen for me. I would have loved the ability to chose my fate for myself." he paused. "Though...being with you is a blessing in disguise, my lady" he said with a warm hearted smile. He know began to wonder if she despised him? But before he got the chance to ask her any counter questions, she continued on to ask a few more. Questions about love aroused and Hitashi had no experience with such a thing. Forced to be at her side, he had no opportunity to go out and find love, he figured it was a lost cause since he'd be stuck guarding her all day anyway. At this point, Hitashi did not blame Kirche for the selfishness she had been displaying. It was human nature to want happiness for ones self.

"If I were in love...I would undoubtedly grow hatred towards my forced betrothed...for they have robbed me of my true love. Although I would be unhappy I would have no choice but to give in to the selfless side of me. I would go through with the marriage in order to aid another, just as I have sacrificed my future in order to aid you...princess." he ended, almost whispering with his last few words. When she stated she couldn't live in a such a way he had to respond immediately. "I do not blame you princess..." he said faintly.

Her final inquiry caused him to shift in his seat. She had called him by that nickname, over time it seemed to become a second name to him. But it still had an odd effect on Hitashi, he knew she only used it when in touch with her emotional side. The one he loved being around. A heavy pink gradient masked his cheeks, he was blushing. At a loss for words he attempted to respond accordingly "I-I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. If it is to happen, then I can only hope you are given a more suitable guard for a fine princess like yourself."

Beloved Friend

location her bedroom
      company Hitashi
      mood annoyed

I know the difference

- - - 》" Perhaps you would have been more pleased to be at my sister's side. " Kirche mumbled with eyes plastered to the ceiling; unaware that she'd caused a rather studious knight to fluster, physically, with a chosen word. A term of endearment, not to often shared amongst the living, even within her own family. " Had I not been more selfish, I might have excused you years ago... " Just because he'd been assigned to be a protector the young princess, at the time, could have requested another. Lashes fluttered as thoughts poured in from how to future might come to be and would it all really be worth it. Fingertips pinched at strands of blonde and she'd slowly progressed into a much calmer nature.

" Most unhappy. I cannot be with the one that I love...I will remain most unhappy. " It was as though realization struck her softly. Her stomach twisted itself into a knot as the words flowed from her mouth, in the presence of Hitashi, no less. The last thing she'd hope for is for anyone to realize that most of that anger lied in the understanding that she'd already given up her heart to another. Now, she'd be forced to share such emotions with a heartless sort. " They cannot force me to love him. " Her weight shifted about and slowly Kirche rose back up to a sit, shoulders hunched forward and head hung low. " It appears as though I don't have a choice. " Toes curled before lifting to settle on the bed, " If you wish to find better company, I will not keep you. " , speaking up to the guard. Those extra set of ears were nice and, more than not, welcomed but he's truth about not being able to find love himself had made her feel guilty.

Here she was...miserable. For all she knew, he could be feeling the same way, despite his words. The help were to always please their masters. Even if it hadn't been true. Perhaps, I am to become a lifeless rag doll. Thoughts fought with passion and aggression. Or perhaps, I am to make him realize that nothing in the world could convince him to marry me. With the tilt of her head, it might be difficult to see that sort of mischievous grin leak across her lips. Ploys of all kinds began to filter their way throughout her better judgement. To give up with a fight or to go out swinging?

User Image

Hitashi's mouth opened but no words came out. She proposed that perhaps he would have been more content guarding her sister. Eventually they found their way passed his lips "I find no truth in those words" implying that he did not feel that way. Currently, in this exact moment he was glad he was at Kirche's side. Trying to find her eyes, he realized she had been starring up at the ceiling. His eyes followed in her path, trying to find what had been stealing her gaze.

His grip tightened...he had not wanted her to feel guilty. His intention was to show her that he could relate to how she felt and respond accordingly, unfortunately it seemed to have a different effect on her. "Do not blame yourself for something that is not of your doing. My family chose this fate for me, not you." he said with a grunt. Sighing he eased back into his chair. He had gotten rather excited because of that comment. He did this for her own good though, he hadn't wanted her to blame her for something out of her control. It was family tradition in the Etsuko clan to train their young men to become guardians for the royals.

"If anything be glad you didn't. If you had, I would have been considered to have brought dishonor to my family. For I would have not fulfilled my purpose." he stated attempting to reassure her that she had made the right choice keeping him. This no longer appeared to be a fight to convince her that none of this was her fault, in doing so he convinced himself that this in fact was in no way her fault. He became saddened by her statement about how she would never get to be with the one she loved. "And whom is it, that is worthy of your love?" Standing up he slowly stepped toward the princess. Placing a hand on her shoulder he ran it up her neck and under her chin. From there he lifted it up so that her eyes met his. "Believe me when I say this, I enjoy your company your highness." he said with another one of those bright smiles. "And if you don't mind I'd rather stay here with you. Rather than go down there with those food fighting imbeciles" he stated with a chuckle.

Charismaladyn's Husband

Beloved Husband

10,500 Points
        • Forum Sophomore 300
        • First step to fame 200
        • Citizen 200
        User Image
        ≤Hacheron “Heron” Igalios≥

"If you can keep up with us!"

With a sigh, Hacheron shoved himself to his feet, breaking his flute apart with a swift flick of one hand, pocketing it. He stretched, grinning at his guard as he pointed at the palace with his thumb. "Well, shall we go find my brother? He's a little more level than me, but you still gotta protect us..." He chuckled, looking over his shoulder at her with a twinkle in his eye. He knew he'd be weak after he did this, but oh so worth it...

"If you can keep up with us!"

With an evil laugh, he ran at the palace, the shadows grabbing him and making him fade. His shimmering form darted away, faster enhancement of the Shadowstep. He flashed by his brother, calling out in a quiet voice, "Miyana's looking for you!" He fled up to the upper floors, stumbling and falling over, stomach heaving dryly as the shadows fled from him. Since he was sick a moment ago, he'd just be weak for a moment before he was able to move freely. He looked up slowly, eyes drinking in the stacks and stacks of books.

"Doesn't look like anyone's here... I guess I should go get my guitar..." he muttered to himself, leaning against a bookcase wearily, eyes downcast.

Mood: Being Evil

Devoted Lovergirl

10,150 Points
        • Forum Explorer 100
        • Member 100
        • Gaian 50

Aυʀɛℓɩɑ Pʏʀʀσƨ
                        xxxx тнε яσγαℓ мαɪ∂ σƒ ɢяα∂ɪυs

User Image
        xxxxxx caged in amber she sings eternally。 xxx
        caged in amber she sings eternallylocation: Gardens of the Bhegin Palace.
        caged in amber she sings eternallycompany: Lord Navid, Hero of Gradius
        caged in amber she sings eternallym ood: Calm & Insightful
        caged in amber she sings eternallyooc: Wow I didn't mean for it to be this long >.<
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXⒸLunaLeskaXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

This hero of Gradius, it was a very strange man. His expressions though hard were readable through every lining of stress on his face and made her slightly curious. Even more so when he had requested her to follow him from the halls so they could speak in private. Not questioning his intentions, Aurelia turned only slightly to gaze back down the hall where her sovereigns had disappeared around the corner. She sent a silent prayer to the Gods to watch over them while she took a short leave from their side.

Turning from the passage her lord and lady took, Aurelia followed steadily behind Sir Navid. Examining the mans composure as she did, not being rude in anyway...she was just simply curious of him. The way he held his shoulders portrayed a great melancholy of resentful expression, as if his heart was heavy with feelings Aurelia was unsure she wanted to know about.Yet, even with the secretive atmosphere he placed around himself, he did not show or express any type of threat. This reassured the maid once again that she could trust him to uphold his duty.

However, after coming to such an assurance Aurelia felt slightly horrid for questioning the man. He was the Hero of Gradius, the savior of all that was The Supreme, Knight of the flames...what right did she have to question him? Keeping her silence, Aurelia obediently continued to the follow the armored man until they arrived in the gardens where he proceeded to come to a pause.

A long silence took place, which gave Aurelia a moment to examine the world around her. Not ever had she seen so many flowers or had she felt the soft touch of such a cooling wind, this was foreign environment, an environment she accepted she could get use to. Casting her eyes upon the moon she smiled getting caught away in its beauty before her attention turned back to Navid who had began to speak.

"Aye, there is something that ails me. I expect that you would feel the same... About this."

"Forgive me. I do not usually speak to others on a personal level."

The woman listened and smiled lightly as he apologized before shaking her head as a sign that she understood how he felt. She too had doubts about the arrangement, only she refused to let them surpass her overcoming faith that they would work. So as the knight began to express himself, Aurelia came to another conclusion...he was not like that of the other Knights of Gradius, he spoke and explained his frustration...this was a welcoming sign to Aurelia who had only been surrounded by people who bottled away all that was their emotions. So when Navid questioned her opinion on the situation fate had pulled them into she placed her hands behind her back and walked over to a rose bush were she proceeded to watch the wind blow the petals of the flowers away.

Aurelia's expression had suddenly become rather soft and gentle as her full and rosy lips parted when she spoke.

"One cannot control where the wind blows or why the grasses of plains bend to it. Nor can one control the fires of the deep earth that rumble, or the seas that sway in their mighty fury. But isn’t that because they are all balanced and will eventually ease into a calm state?"

Turning only slightly, the woman met eyes with Navid before speaking again.

"Their majesties are the same; they just haven’t realized it yet. They are still children, unsure of the abilities they harbor and the changes they can make. Like the wind they all wish for the plains to bend, like the fires of the earth they all rumble and like the seas that sway they all have their fury. However, like all that is Yardis they have a heart that seeks out peace. They are the balance; they just simply need help to keep it and reach that point of calmness. Isn’t that why we are here? To help them reach that state? We are not servants just to his highness or her majesty Milord, we are servants of Yardis and the great Gods who have created it. We have two great duties, to protect those of our fated kingdom and to bring them together as one. So in the end, isn’t that our real responsibility?"

Turning to him fully Aurelia took a few steps close to the Knight where she could respectfully look him in the eyes as she expressed herself.

"I do not think nor do I believe this pack will do harm, though no one can tell us of the future to come or how this will end, I have great faith that their majesties will realize what can be and that they are the only ones who can create a bright future. You are not wrong my lord, I am sure the gods placed such honors as worry upon the knights who serve the kingdom for the purpose of keeping all protected. However, I am also sure that the gods blessed all the people of Yardis, no matter how they wish to express it...silent or out loud...they have been blessed with the power of faith. Our faith will be the only thing that keeps our world from collapsing in bloodshed. To question that faith..isn't it questioning the gods also?"

"Do not give up on this treaty my lord. You of all people, a hero in the eyes of the almighty...should never...give up. For if you do, the people of Gradius will surely lose their faith as well."

Realizing what she had just said Aurelia lowered her head and closed her eyes bringing her hands close to her chest as she held them together.

"Forgive me, I’ve spoken too much. I meant nothing against you my lord."

____________________________________________________________

Lucian Gaska IgaliosUser Image
        Company: Hacheron (?!)
        "He conquers who endures."

Lucian had become relatively acquainted to the castle itself, having a relatively comprehensive knowledge of where everything led and important rooms. More importantly, he learned of the hallways and their positions in relation to Lucian's room. Now able to make a beeline to his room at any given time, the man, in his mind pat himself on the shoulder. He reflected back upon his meeting with the faerie princess which, in and of itself, sounded like the beginning of a children's tale. "Faerie princess. Faerie... princess." The gray-haired elf chuckled lightly to himself. "She seemed like a nice enough lady. I shouldn't be knocking on them for granting me hospitality." Walking down what appeared to be a gallery, he looked and admired each painting, acquired from each individual kingdom. To the elf, Bhegin seemed like a mash of all cultures, and through its halls, the man learned more and more. Elated, and with a new-found sense of appreciation, Lucian was left alone with his thoughts once more.

"This pact of unity seems like a huge waste of time..." Looking at a painting of still-life, painted in watercolor and thus obviously coming from the kingdom of Zuleidi, he let out a small sigh. "This whole ordeal seems like a cheap trick. Why have the descendants of royals marry each other? Why inter-marry? Do the lords and ladies really believe a man will love his neighbor simply because his lord approved it?" With outstretched arms, he pointed to each painting and sculpture. "Secularized thought, individualism will not allow that to happen. Yardis was separated for as long as the annals of history go..." Lucian dropped his arms to his side. "Why suddenly change that now? What will change?" He shrugged. "People are simply too stubborn to allow that to happen. If anything, individual nationalism will only rise to the point where conflicts..." The elf felt a swiftly approaching chill bound for his location. Having hailed from the kingdom of the night, he simply felt the presence. "Boil over."

"Miyana's looking for you!"

"Heron?" Turning around to face the source of the familiar voice, the elf was caught by surprise. Questions flowed aplenty for his younger brother, but when he looked about, his brother disappeared. "Heron? Heron! Hey!" Lucian beckoned, before realizing that calling for his brother would prove unfruitful. Lucian chuckled. "Free-spirited as usual. I'm glad, at least, to know you take this all in stride..." Lucian's experiences with his brother were plentiful. The two, in their youth, played together and actively nurtured their relationship as brothers. Despite having grown past the stage of children's games, the two still shared a bond that has proven unbreakable time and again.

Many a failed game of "tag" has allowed Lucian to at least follow the path where Heron came from when he utilizes the art of "shadowstepping." Due to his inability to track his brother to his ultimate destination, it generally fell upon the family guard, Miyana, to find and capture Heron, much to both of their chagrin. Following the path laid out to him by his brother, Lucian found himself on a path towards the gardens. "What were you doing in the gardens? Why are you running? What happened?" The man sauntered, once more lost in thought.

Four years ago, the assassin-turned-guard walked into the Igalios estate; she was fourteen, Lucian was eighteen. She was a ruthless fighter; not hesitating to cut down a perceived threat, as proven when he and Heron got into any tough situation. Unbound by any sort of rules of engagement, free to dance on the battlefield as though it were her stage, battle seemed like a natural home for her. Though it had been well-established in the Igalios household that she was half-elf, what stayed on shaky grounds was the matter of the girl's history. She leaned on the side of quiet, mysterious, and efficient, which gave Lucian all the more reason to learn about the girl. Like a freshly-minted book, untouched and unread, Miyana's past was a matter of personal interest. There was no particular rhyme or reason behind it, the Dradecan elf was simply curious. Moving closer and closer to the Bhegin castle garden, Lucian felt all the more curious, questions piling atop each other.

Like a king's paperwork.

The paperwork.

Miyana, having been with Heron, would know best out of the three of them as to what had recently happened in the dining hall.

UPDATE !!:
        Location: Bhegin castle grounds - hallways - en route to the garden
        Company: none

User Image

Beloved Friend

location her bedroom
        company Hitashi
        mood flustered

I know the difference

- - - 》That mischievous smile quickly faded at that connection of flesh between the pair of them. To an outsider it might appear as though something blasphemous has happened but it was quite acceptable to be coddled, at least in Shasta. Just because Kirche maintained a rather callous personality, did not mean she hadn't been capable of feeling the desire or showing the ability to be docile. No immediate reaction came about because her mind had been to concentrated on the possibility of ruining the wedding before anyone had the chance to dress her up. Not to mention the switch in thought when Hitashi admitted to not feeling unfortunate being at her side. Preference over her sister, that was always something enjoyable to hear. Although, it had come in a more intimate tone then she'd been prepared for.

Eyes widened upon the lift of her chin, along with a noticeable flush of cheeks, and it wasn't from the realization that Hitashi closed the distance between the two, nor that his hand rested affectionately upon her cheek. Rather, it had been because he remained quizzical about the attraction held secret. Lashes fluttered and lips moved in an attempt to say anything, but nothing more than a stutter followed. " Well...t-that is...th-at-t I ... " Attention shifted from one side of the room, back up to him, and then off to the other side of the room. Much like a small child, cheeks puffed out in their rosy hue and she furrowed her brows. Being forced to tell such a secret was out of the question! A hand lifted quickly to swat his hand away. " I-it...doesn't matter! " Right; it hadn't mattered if she couldn't be with him. It'd be like torture to admit and realize that nothing could come of it.

Nervously, she'd attempt to slip away from him, dropping feet to the floor and brushing along his side to get past him. His willingness to stay only furthered the change in attitude with the once malicious Kirche. Bumping into the side table and stumbling off to the side. " You can stay if you wish, but no more q-questions..." Barking lightly over her shoulder before turning her back to him on the approach to the window. The demand was weak but if he continued to prod, she'd either erupt in anger or melt into a weeping ball of girl.

Wishing to change the subject..." I need to find a way to con one of those other idiots into taking Jean off my hands.."

User Image

F e e l i n g┡ Foolish┦ L o c a t i o n┡ Bhegin┦ W i t h┡ Kirche

Hitashi's eyes fluttered when she struck his hand. He felt no pain but some type of reaction had to come about because of it. One of the many things he was grateful for was his resistance to pain. Because of the excruciating pain he once had to endure while training he gradually became immune to feeling. Unless some one stabbed him of packed a serious punch, he would feel nothing. Though this seemed like something to brag about one might find such a wonder to be a curse. For if he were badly injured and felt no pain how could he know to seek out medical attention. The answer was he could not. The reason he was trained to gain a resistance to pain was so that if the princess was under attack, he could fight to the death without being forbade by pain.

Realizing his mistake, he nervously replied "U-h...I'm sorry your highness!" The apology was followed by a kneel, to show the princess some respect. "I had forgotten my place. I am not your friend only a mere servant to ensure your safety. I had no right to ask you such a personal question...I apologize once again." With that he made his way back over to his chair. That had not gone so well. He would think twice before asking the princess a personal question or touching her for that matter.

Noticing how she wished to change the subject he wouldn't press on the matter any further. She regained her composure. No longer that emotional Kirche, she had quickly switched back to her callous personality just as fast as she had switched the first time. It was apparent that she was planning on getting out of the marriage with Jean, it was almost impossible and if it were then it would ruin the unity pact...affecting thousands. "I don't believe there is a way to do so my lady. The decision was made that the auatic prince is to be your betrothed. There's no escaping it unless you plan to break the unity pact." he said uneasily.

Beloved Friend

location her bedroom
          company Hitashi
          mood flustered

I know the difference

- - - 》Arms curled themselves underneath the bust line while Hitashi groveled behind her; it wasn't so much that she'd hoped to injure him, nor to put him back in his place. More so, it'd been so that further emotions remained locked away. He'd been around for a great deal of her life, so that sort of connection was to be expected, but even then, Kirche attempted to keep him at arms length. No words came to correct him on his apologies. It hadn't mattered, as it wasn't the problem. A heavy sigh broke past pouted lips. " So then...I'm to break the unity pact. If my sister agrees to wed...then why should I? " This might be a interesting route to take. Shoulders rolled back to straight posture and that docile tone in her voice changed to something more hypothetical. " Yes. Why must I...if she agrees to it. "

Was it necessary for a pair of siblings to wed or had she found a loop hole? So what if each were to different Kingdoms? One should be good enough. " Or...if I was to die.. " Speaking frankly. It hadn't be a thought pondered on for too long, as the princess had no intention of dying over marrying a brat. Divorce or his death could come sooner and break her of such misery. One could hope. It'd be too late to ask the dear potato masked princess and the flutter bug needed someone more humble.

Target target. Who'd play the target?

[ooc// painfully short. just a complete brain fart.]

Rich Businessman

Navid Malak

User Image

Navid listened to her gentle words with envy and shame. No matter how beautiful a tale she could spin, her words tugged madly at his thoughts. He was in no better of a position than he was before. She had, in essence, told him exactly what he thought she would, despite everything. It was their duty to their land to allow the Unity Pact to go through. She was right about all of it. He needed to look at the big picture. Perhaps in a hundred years, the troubles of today would be no more, but the children born in peace would live in an era much better than the one before.

He would look down at her with eyes that were trained to reveal nothing, though it was harder to do so when she stepped closer to him. Navid felt somehow inferior to her, even though she was merely a maid. She was all that a Supreme being should have been. She knew how to use words in a way only the scholars could, with as much care as a priest, and as much emotion as she could without betraying herself. Her beauty was difficult to match, as well. Navid was intimidated by her and felt inadequate as she told of his so-called 'heroics.'

"You're right," The Knight said swiftly, like he was trying to end their conversation as soon as it began. He looked away from Aurelia's fair face and into the courtyard. In the distance, there were others, and even the airy sound of a flute penetrated the air. "I must return to my post. I must thank you for listening to my plight. If you need anything, I shall be happy to aid you, Aurelia."

For a hero of Gradius to stoop to helping a meager maid was a shameful thing. Somehow, Navid found that not being under the watchful eye of his King and Queen was very liberating.

"Let us go. I am sure that milady Bashirah must desire your company."

Quick Reply

Submit
            Manage Your Items
            Other Stuff
            Get GCash
            Offers
            Get Items
            More Items
            Where Everyone Hangs Out
            Other Community Areas
            Virtual Spaces
            Fun Stuff