Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Friend

K i r c h e x L a i x Z h a d d a g hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

location dining room
company Jean, Aine..and the rest of the bunch
mood amused

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know the difference
Between myself and my r e f l e c t i o n
I just can't help but wonder
Which of us do you l o v e more...

- - - 》Common ground. It wasn't difficult to achieve similarities when two particularly snobbish people ganged up on an innocent. Kirche didn't much care for those that attempted to come to her rescue, as she never viewed herself to be the type of person that required rescuing. Especially from a pompous brat like Jean. If there were ever a way to tweak the nerves of a firey-headed Princess, it would be to follow suit in the childish name calling; Kerchief. A brow noticeably twitched at the name. The name that haunted her ever since their first meeting and it was such a pain that he'd hold on to it over all these years. " Had you not looked so much like a woman yourself, one might find you approachable. " Her elbow dropped hard on the table top before resting a cheek in palm. Eyes danced from the wall to Jean then off to the bug, whom Jean took company in insulting, with his egotistical comments.

The woman fired back with some fish comment but it didn't come near to holding the sort of strength that Kirche's initial attack had, so why not assist and have some fun with it. " A cod fish, you mean? " Blinking several times before a rather sadistic smile curled up on painted lips. " It's not wise to tempt cod fish, bug. He'll merely spit you out after having his way with you. " Now, it'd seem as though Kirche might be defending the other Princess but it was more words of warning. It's best not to tango with strong personalities if yours is weak. Her gaze shifted to the other attendees, taking in the matches and similar feelings to distaste and disagreement. At least, she hadn't been the only one.

Fingertips tapped alongside the jaw line before she'd straighten posture and fold arms underneath her chest. So long as the short attention span of Jean was distracted by the shiny bug, she'd be safe from further conversation with him. Albeit it more of a long winded trail of insults, rather than actual conversation. If one was stupid enough to suggest that such verbal hatred was actually terms of endearment, surely the pair would harvest their souls with a good tongue lashing. If one could say anything about this arrangement would be that these two were a force to be reckoned with. Surely, their Kingdom would be under tyrannical rule and wars..an every day event. Not so much against other Kingdoms but against one another.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

User Image
    кυиαℓ ѕα'ιя мαнαραтяα
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Prince of gяα∂ιυѕ

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx❝ Without нσиσя I am øτhïṉģ。。。❞
    ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃xx

xxxxxxxxxxx»» The journey to Bhegin was long and grueling in the quietest sense of the word. Although Kunal and his sister were outfitted with the finest of caravans and luxuries, the young man's heart could not be stilled as he traveled toward impending doom. A master of deception, Kunal maintained his mighty composure as his soul burned beneath. Every minute -- every turn of the caravan wheel -- brought Kunal closer and nearer to the one thing he desired least. As Prince, marriage had always been a part of his destiny, yet he never believed it would be like this: carted off like cattle to the slaughter house. This marriage would ruin him, Kunal was sure of it. Away from the order and structure of Gradius, how would he control himself? What would happen if he...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxKILL IT.

xxxxxxxxxxx»» Abruptly, his thoughts shifted, refusing to go where his mind always wandered. Instead, he channeled his thoughts down a safer path: How was he to marry a woman? A foreign woman? Who would she be? What would she be like? These were the questions which plagued Kunal from the moment he learned of the Unity Pact to the very minute he met the girl who held his future in her hands. These questions were pointless, however; he knew the answers. Kunal would never love her, not even if he tried.

xxxxxxxxxxx»» His time spent after arriving in Bhegin was in his room, and he did not dare leave; the thought of seeing another royal gripped his stomach with a debilitating nausea. These people, these things, are not like me; they are ugly, inferior beings, incomparable to myself. I am Supreme; I am... perfect. But Kunal did not believe this; in fact, he was acutely aware of how imperfect he was. The problem, the true weakness, occurred when he admitted this to himself.

xxxxxxxxxxx»» Before his journey to the dining hall, Kunal took a moment to reflect and focus. Staring himself down in the mirror, he exhaled slightly. This seemingly insignificant breath contained an ocean of information about Kunal, near indecipherable by all except one. Slowly, he shifted forward in his chair and set his elbows on the vanity's top, resting his head on his fists. As he looked in the mirror, Kunal's strong face was blank. No one could read his strong brow, his sharp nose, or his angular jaw, save Bashirah. To anyone else, Kunal simply looked like a rock; little did they know of the lava which churned beneath.

xxxxxxxxxxx»» As he observed his own face, the dinner horn sounded. How barbaric, Kunal thought waspishly, are they not civilized enough to notify my maid to fetch me for dinner? Or is it custom to treat royalty like livestock outside Gradius? Silently, he rose from his seat and made his way to the door. Outside, he stood in front and waited for Bashirah, hands clasped behind his back; soon, she arrived and the two of them made their way to the dinning room. Shadowing them was their head guard and maid.

xxxxxxxxxxx»» The two siblings arrived long before anyone else; timeliness was important in their culture, an indication of superiority. Soundlessly, Kunal sat and picked up the letter placed before him. He opened it with dignity, without rushing or tearing the paper. Swiftly, his eyes scanned the cold, business-like letter before placing the letter back down. It seemed his betrothed would take the seat directly across from his. Kunal ceased all movement and locked his eyes on the empty seat in front of him.

xxxxxxxxxxx»» It was a faerie; her name was Aine. Kunal could hardly believe he was to marry something so inferior to himself, and although no one could tell, the young man was lost in a rush of thoughts. When Aine spoke to him, Kunal hardly acknowledged her, a flickering gaze the only indication that he had heard her. Before any conversation between the two could ensue, the Zuleidian prince arrived and proceeded to insult the woman he was to marry; naturally, however, the Shastan was as brutish and ill-mannered as he. Kunal could not believe the childish antics that were taking place. Before long, the Zuleidian prince diverted his attention towards Aine and Kunal; it seemed he desired a trade. Before this direct question, Kunal had been able to ignore most of the argument between Jean-Baptiste and, what was her name, Quiche? For a short moment, Kunal's eyes lingered on the Zuleidian Prince's face... and then he looked away.

xxxxxxxxxxx»» Before long, Aine projected herself into the fray, flinging insults back towards Jean. At least, he noted, she isn't completely without backbone. Kunal's thoughts shifted once again, rather violently, when he caught a the tail end of the conversation between Bashirah and the man she was to marry: a Dradecan Elf of all things. However, as intolerable as the man's heritage was, it was was not this that angered Kunal so; it was the lout's words:

"I once thought myself to be lucky, to be the only kid in the Dradecus courts to own a flute made in Gradius... I now see that it's nothing to be proud of. There's something pretty to it, but... I see Gradius work is all pretty with no emotions, no life to it. Just formed, nothing more. I tried to be nice, and you insult me with your first words. You wish you weren't the Princess of Gradius, just so you wouldn't be able to marry me? I thought your people were proud of your roles, proud of your positions. I guess the Princess isn't so proud of being royalty after all."

xxxxxxxxxxx»»
    Immediately, Kunal's mood shifted as he began breathing softly from his mouth, left hand coming up to massage his right shoulder. It was clear the Elf's words had insulted him on behalf of his sister, but no one could tell how wildly his anger overflowed. When he opened his mouth, it looked as if flames would burst forth from it:

"Elf," he sounded, heat searing his words, "you would be wise to hold your tongue lest you seek to lose it. You know nothing of my sister or of our country. Even if I attempted to relay to you the intricacies of our superior culture, it would be lost on that ill-formed mind of yours. My sister's pride extends far beyond your understanding; if she does not wish to marry you, it is because you are scab upon her honor."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Devoted Lovergirl

10,150 Points
    • Forum Explorer 100
    • Member 100
    • Gaian 50

Aυʀɛℓɩɑ Pʏʀʀσƨ
                    xxxx тнε яσγαℓ мαɪ∂ σƒ ɢяα∂ɪυs

User Image
    xxxxxx caged in amber she sings eternally。 xxx
    caged in amber she sings eternallylocation: The Dinning Hall.
    caged in amber she sings eternallycompany: The Royals of the Six Kingdoms & those who serve them.
    caged in amber she sings eternallym ood: Reserved & Slightly uneasy.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXⒸLunaLeskaXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

It was an overwhelming event that had brought a rather quiescent cloud upon the those whom fate had involved in its divine scheme. Opinions were silenced and emotions were hid in the presences of the grander and more powerful noble figures of that of the high majesties of the kingdoms. However, such predicaments such as this were of normal nature to the honorable and superior people of the predominant Kingdom of Gradius and its controlling race The Supreme.

It was because of this normal display of attributes that no one found caution or uncertainty when the royal sovereigns of Gradius, Prince Kunal and Princess Bashirah, virtuously accepted the fate that came with their assigned duty to wed the aristocratic offsprings of the other elemental kingdoms. While many praised the bonding of the kingdoms of Yardιѕ and found great faith in it, there were others who disapproved of such ideas believing it would taint all that was The Supreme.

These statements however, would change nothing and the journey to Bhegin where the imperial children of every kingdom would meet was proof of that. Nevertheless despite this proof, faith and hope lingered in one individual who clung tightly to the ideals of an optimistic outcome, especially for the Prince Kunal and Princess Bashirah whom they so loyally served.

For she, Aurelia a once forsaken b*****d child of a human father and elven mother and now a rare beauty as a woman was the royal maid of the twin aristocrats and knew all to well of their secret suffering. A maid who kept her prayers and wishes of happiness to befall her lord and lady hidden, as it was too an unsightly and disrespectful thing to portray emotion in public even for someone such as her rank.

Per contra, even after the long and rather vex journey to Bhegin, Aurelia kept up the reserved and porcelain mask wiped of all emotion, gracefully upon her face as her master and mistress did, illustrating no sign of the fatigue that had overcome her and her rather slender and well divine but delicate silhouette.

Given little time to rest herself, Aurelia was placed to work on the moment of their arrival in Bhegin where she preceded alongside Sir Navid to unpack her sovereigns belongings before preparing their baths and the most exquisite Gradius attire for them to wear that evening. When her task were complete she too was required to clean up into a suitable appearance as it was considered a disgrace to have anyone of horrid appearances serve the mighty royals of the fire kingdom.

Thus upon being properly bathed and dressed Aurelia found comfort in waiting outside the chambers of her lord and lady, as it seemed she was not allowed to enter. Which Aurelia found completely understandable since she decided that this was the most proper time for Prince Kunal and Princess Bashirah to think without distraction. Yet Aurelia was unsettled only moments later when the blowing of a rather disrespectful and atrocious horn rang viciously through the halls with a quake, informing all that dinner was served. Disapproving of the way her mistress and master were called upon, she could do nothing as they both appeared from their chambers ascending to the dinning hall with prompting haste.

Following behind the both of them with her head lowered respectfully and proper of a maid Aurelia bowed to both figures at their early arrival to the dinning hall where she excused herself to her proper place within the grand room. Standing in front of a close by wall, Aurelia who had kept her silence since their leave from Gradius continued her muted state even as others began to enter and take their seats. Keeping her head lowered in a graceful tilt Aurelia held her eyes closed as her hands laid gently folded blow her abdomen, making no sudden movement unless she was called upon.

As everyone had successfully arrived to supper, Aurelia only listened to the small chitter-chat that took place among the royals. Though her attention was quickly grasped by the comments of one young male who spoke ill comments of his bride which were quickly followed by other waves of cruel slurs and statements. This was not going at all well, opening her eyes Aurelia gazed at the marble floor beneath her feet as she tensed up slightly when the voice of her princess grasped her attention followed by her princes. An uneasiness overtook the young maiden as resisted the urge to speak out and end the childishness that was currently taking place, knowing her place however...Aurelia was forced to hold her tongue and stand in silence until she was called upon.

It was moment's like this when the Prince and Princess became uneasy that Aurelia would play her harp or sing one of many of her songs to sooth their minds and heavy burdening thoughts...but she began to wonder if even that would be helpful in such a situation?

____________________________________________________________

[Ӈ] ι т α s ɧ ι [Є] т s υ к σxxxxxxxx
    User Image
    “Αnyone can gιve υp, ιт'ѕ тнe eaѕιeѕт тнιng ιn тнe world тo do. вυт тo нold ιт тogeтнer wнen everyone elѕe woυld υnderѕтand ιғ yoυ ғell aparт, тнaт'ѕ тrυe ѕтrengтн.”

F e e l i n g┡ Prepared┦ L o c a t i o n┡ Bhegin┦ W i t h┡ Other guards

If Hitashi knowingly had one wish, guaranteed to be granted, he would undoubtedly wish for a month of nothing but sleep. Sleep, such a common practice hated by some, loved by others yet needed by all. Sleep was such a precious thing that guards did not get much of, at least Hitashi didn't. How could one sleep when he had to guard his princess's. For if he slept, surely anyone with ill intentions would take advantage of the opening to harm the princess's. Only when multiple guards were accompanying them could he finally get sleep in an acceptable quantity. Even then those guards needed sleep too, so it was still small shifts on and off between who had the pleasure of enjoying a small nap and who didn't.

Thankfully, the journey from Shazgard to Bhegin wasn't the longest compared to other kingdoms who were less fortunate such as Zuleidi. When they finally arrived at their destination, Hitashi let out a long exhale...a sigh of relief. Protecting the girls on the trip over here was the easy part, now that they were here amongst other cultures, some more prejudice than others, surely arguments would arouse and verbal abuse would perhaps lead to physical abuse. That's where Hitashi would step in, thats the reason he was here at this unity pact. When the dinner bell rang, it echoed throughout the premise making it likely to be heard by all of its guests. Hitashi joined the line of sturdy guards who were located along the wall of the dinning room. Accompanied by others from the several different kingdoms, he had a perfect view of the two royals he was to protect.

Before anyone had arrived he took notice of the envelopes that were placed directly in front of each seat, just enough for every royal that was to be attending. At first he didn't make anything of it, assuming that it was nothing but a mere greeting card, thanking them for making the journey over here and being apart of history. However when the royals had made their way to their assigned seats, he watched as they ripped the envelopes open. The most common reaction seemed to be that of extreme distaste. It was as if someone told them they were to marry a toad.

Scanning the room, he made eye contact with each and every one of the royals, none seemed to be pleased with what they had read...if anything they appeared to be shocked. Then the royal whom had arrived last, the one that hailed from Zuleidi had been the first to speak up. He spoke in a nervous yet jokingly manner, questioning (what appeared to be no one in particular) if he was really betrothed with the women sitting on the opposite side of him. Hitashi's eye brows quickly slanted downwards, he would appear to be angry due to the fact that the women sitting on the opposite side of the aquatic prince was none other than the women he had to protect...Kirche.

The man proceeded to degrade her with racial slurs, an awful way to treat his future wife and refer to his soon to be allied people. Hitashi could already tell Kirche's blood was at a boiling point. Within minutes she would surely snap back at the man with a comment of the same nature as his. Just as Hitashi had predicted she did, it seemed like it took her no time to think of her comebacks, like she had all these insults built up and stored inside her brain that she was just waiting to fire at him. Chuckling on the inside, Hitashi showed no signs of emotion. He had years of training and so by now he was an expert at masking his emotions with a fierce expression that was required to be held by all bodyguards.

Clearly the pairings had not been made to please the royals, that was quite obvious for if it was then perhaps the royals would have been given the choice on who to marry rather than to make the choice for them. It was now that Hitashi began to serious question if this unity pact was even going to work. If the couples hated one another and constant arguments lead to physical contact it could have devastating effects on the kingdoms relations. Perhaps this pact could even end up worsening the relationships between kingdoms...only time could tell. For now Hitashi stood stiff and upright with his hand readied to draw his blade in case of any conflict.

Rich Businessman

User Image

When I turned my head, to cry
                                  I had to dry my eye
                                  I saw the tortoise from the sea, bringing you back to me.

xxxxxx
                                                        Jean's face held a sort of disgust to it as the glittery one spoke of eating his meat. He thought of a perverted joke or two, but didn't dare vocalize them. This was suppertime, after all, so he needed to stay classy. "So..." He began, slowly, eyes darting to the side and right back to the luminous face of the faerie girl. "It's... Not true then?" He didn't respond much to the name-calling from the other Princess. Jean didn't know her well enough to care.

On the other hand, he did feel a little embarrassed. A little fish? Now, just because he wasn't as tall as the other man didn't mean he was a little fish! He was the Prince of Zuleidi! He was the biggest fish of them all! Humbled, by a teeny-tiny little bug. He couldn't let himself feel so... defeated!

Then, just as soon as he was going to open his mouth to say something more-- perhaps another stab at the shiny one-- an unfamiliar voice rose above the rest. One as lethal and sharp as a harpoon. Judging by the similarity of their faces, Jean guessed that the two were twins. The flaming twins of Gradius. To be perfectly honest, Jean was a little intimidated by her. After she finished speaking, and after he was finished staring, Kirche had yet again something else to say.

It was so harsh, but as always, the man had a reply.

"A woman? How absurd. I'd make a much prettier woman than you!" He scratched his chin, a sign that he was very mildly insulted by her words. It was a habit he could never break and seldom even noticed.

Rolling his eyes and letting out a brief chuckle, Jean plucked a dinner roll from the table and munched on it sorely. Although, something much more interesting had occurred at the other end of the table. The elf, as bold as he was, had insults of his own. Albeit they sounded more educated and hurtful than the ones coming from Jean. Even he could feel the sting of those words. They were such harsh words that it caused the male of the twins to quit his silence in order to defend his sister's honor. They were both incredibly stunning in appearance. It was rare to see a Gradian outside of their own territory, so Jean was intrigued.

"You're all nutty, I say. The lot of you," He said with a full mouth. Jean couldn't help it. It was like he was made to antagonize the whole world.

and there across the sky, I see what, makes the legend.
                                                        The legend is true , and its you
                                                        Yeah, you are the legend, the legend is true.

Charismaladyn's Husband

Beloved Husband

10,500 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • First step to fame 200
    • Citizen 200
    User Image
    ≤Hacheron “Heron” Igalios≥

"Is that really all you think about...?"

At the Prince's words, Hacheron closed his eyes, crossed his arms, and seemed to go to sleep. In reality, he was lost in thought, trying to figure this out. He was betrothed to a woman who thought him a disgrace without even knowing him, and brother-in-law who thought him a scab on his peoples' honor. Great, honor. The one thing he could care less about.

"Is that really all you think about...?" he finally spoke up, starting quietly. "Honor, the blood of your people, duty... By the Shadows, if you keep that attitude, you'll die at a young age from too much stress. If you don't learn to laugh, to have some fun, your life is meaningless. Yes, you did your duty; yes, you did what your people wanted. Congratulations, you were a tool of your country, nothing more. You've got to have some fun in life! You've got to enjoy it, else... Else there's no purpose. Only a hollow shell of a person, doing what they're told and expected."

By the time he finished, his palms were on the table as he glared over at the other man. He leaned back slowly, breathing carefully. I HATE serious moments... He sat there, no longer looking at the royalty of Gradius. When they would act reasonable, when they would stop acting like little puppets of their people, he would talk-- but not a moment before.

Mood: Fed up with it
    User Image
    αιиє ¢няιѕтαℓℓє
    Laelιe princess

Engaged to: Kunal Sa'ir Mahapatra, Prince of Gradius
    Current crush: perhaps Hacheron, we shall see..

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════
    Well this was just perfect. Aine rolled her eyes as she sat and took a drink of her wine, it would be the only thing to settle her rather upset stomach. She lifted her head as Bashirah spoke.. It was easy to tell that she was the sister of Kunal, her soon to be husband. They had the same beauty and stone like emotional state. Oh, how she ached to argue with the woman.. She felt sick, as the woman said that stereotypes were called truths in her homelands.. If they were true- oh never-mind it. It was useless, she held her tongue. Let the woman think whatever she pleased. Life was far too short. And besides it would be unwise to argue with her future sister in law.

At last her fiancee spoke, his rigid form suddenly spring with life. He was a beautiful man, with black hair and somewhat darkened skin.. Physically speaking, he was perfect. She found that her cheeks burned somewhat as she realized that she was admiring him.. Her blush soon faded as he finally spoke. His words were heated, they burned.. She found herself somewhat intimidated by him.. This was an emotion she had not felt before.. She stared at him in silence as she studied him.. He and his sister apparently shared the same curse, of chaining their emotions and hiding them away. She found her hope that her wish for her fiancee to be kind and loving like her father, had been cruelly squashed. Just how was she supposed to feel anything for a man who's heart seemed to be carved of stone?

Aine remained silent, as she listened to him speak to the one called Hacheron.. Her eyes fell on the elf.. When he spoke, she felt her heart skip a beat.. Just what was that?! His words rang true in her ears, she found herself cheering for him in spirit. He seemed kind, passionate.. It would appear that both she, and he were paired with people who were their direct opposites. 'This was all very ill thought out.' She mused bitterly as at long last food was being set on the table. Surely she and he, would have made a better match.. She gazed down at the letter, she blinked curiously as a invisible hand scribbled onto it.. Be cautious of your heart little one.. There is no escaping this...

She felt a wave of terror wash over her.. Escape.. Did this mean she was trapped? If there was one thing a fairy feared in this world.. It was the thought of being trapped. Did she agree to her own doom? She felt her heart race as a plate of fruit was set before her. would she be trapped forever in a loveless marriage? She stared at the food in front of her, and then looked to her fiancee.. Oh, if she could make one wish.. She would wish his emotions freed.. Perhaps, when he returned with her to her homeland.. They would be.. After all he would be in a safe place.. Surrounded by love.. Perhaps he would become a passionate lover, and faithful friend.. and tell her all of his secrets. If, that is he had a heart at all.. He appeared to leap to his sisters defence.. But his words, tasted hollow.. Damn, he was so hard to read.. Gods above help her..

════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Current location: The dinner table
    Current mood: Thoughtfull
    Occ:
    User Image

Beloved Friend

K i r c h e x L a i x Z h a d d a g hxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

location dining room
    company Jean, Aine..and the rest of the bunch
    mood amused

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄

I know the difference
    Between myself and my r e f l e c t i o n
    I just can't help but wonder
    Which of us do you l o v e more...

- - - 》" Obnoxious and boorish. Fantastic. I am so lucky to receive the prize pig of the lot. " Kirche eyed Jean as he attempted to speak with a mouth full of bread. Disgusting. It'd be one thing to choke down his attitude for all eternity, it'd be another to accept the childlike behavior while eating. " Prettier or not...not a single man or woman here would ever wish to lay a finger upon you. If the feeling were mutual towards myself..I could not feel more blessed. " The typical retort for a person who maintained an emotional wall against the world around them. This situation appeared to be nothing more than a game to it's creators. Sticking the countries most behaviorally heinous in a room with one another, pairing them off and expecting positive results; laughable.

Jean's uncouth way of eating provoked desires to leave her stomach empty. Who could eat at a time like this, as she's surely return it in it's partial form all over the table had she to stomach much more of this. Drinking, on the other hand, seemed to be her only out. Coax the brain to relax and the heart to slow down. Babble and insults flowed further down the table between other pre-destined couples. Perhaps those behind this wanted nothing more than a blood bath; siblings defended one another and outcasts secretly bounded through obvious emotions. Adjusting in that chair, attention drifted away once more, this time to find the help lingering in the distance. Maids and guards held little familiarity, besides that of Hitoshi, the personal guard. Brows arched in blatant interest before she'd recognized her own involuntary actions.

Fighting a potentially awkward situation, that gaze was re-directed once more, this time to the siblings with ruffled feathers. Hitoshi accompanied Kirche on this little adventure, proving to be a rather reliable punching bag the entire trip. For years he'd dealt with the temperamental Shasta without fault and often coaxed a calmer demeanor when she'd let her guard down. Because of it, Kirche developed unannounced expectations from him, as well as a loyalty to him. A once in a blue moon sort of deal that she'd outright strike verbally at him, otherwise he'd be ignored but tolerated. After all, he'd been beneath her, socially.

A sip of wine(?) nearly returned to it's cup when the dark haired male began to feed advice about how to live life to the siblings. Had he, himself, wished a death sentence so soon? It was one thing to be positive, it was another to believe that one's way of life should direct others. " Aren't you then...a shell yourself? As you sit here, with the rest of us, doing as someone told. Expected to wed the unknown across from you. " Kirche spoke up but kept her attention upon Jean, who nommed away like a little piggie. " Insulting your potential family but speaking of light-heartedness. Hypocrite. "

Blessed Wench

9,550 Points
      • Nerd 50
      • Flatterer 200
      • Somebody Likes You 100
      ѕυrι yvane

" If this dinner represents a typical night here, this is going to be a long trip. "

User Image
      If having her kind being called bug constantly wasn't enough the water logged prince dared suggest that holding a faerie in their true form and shaking them upside down would produce some sort of dust. Suri flushed with anger but held her tongue. If Suri were to speak out against another royal it would bring greater shame to Princess Aine then any of the other's insults. But Princess Aine defended herself quite well, which helped dispel some of Suri's anger.

Soon Princess Aine's future sister-in-law and her betrothed began a verbal sparring match of their own. And for the first time the Princess's soon to be husband spoke. Suri felt her heart sank. The tiny wish that the Prince of Gradius would be a kind suitor to her Princess was immediately squashed when Suri heard the cold, empty tones of the prince's voice. But what he said was in defense of his sister, so the situation was not completely without hope. Suri also noticed the Princess blush as she gazed at her intended. Prince Kunal was beautiful as was his sister, but it was hardly a redeeming quality in either. The Princess of Gradius's betrothed defended himself back and Princess Aine's attention soon affixed itself on him. Suri realized then that the princess had been sorely cheated out of a proper suitor. As well as the elven prince.

XSenkoX's Significant Otter

Inquisitive Lover

Take a leap of faith.
          I know we'll make it.

Anna "Annabel" Crowbers. 21 years-old. Laelie Bodyguard.

User Image
                                        Upon the notion that every destiny would always have a solid reason placed behind it, the more time had past, the more time the guards spent observing the Royals, the more Anna presumably assumed to be the bitter-sweet rendezvous have become bitterer during latter time. What she thought to be her initial optimism now became less than plausible, as more racial slurs and insults are thrown not just at their respective chosen partner, but also at anyone who spoke a word at the dining table. Everyone is just simply throwing fits at each other, so she was glad her job required her to just simply stand and watch the whole mess with languid eyes.

Anna was unsure whether to feel amused, or offended by such a statement of faeries dispersing pixie dusts when you shake them. And those stereotypes coming from a prince, a Royal from a kingdom infamous by the faeries for their cruelty towards her kind, no doubt, she was not the least bit surprised at him succumbing to such a conclusion. But perhaps she was even more upset hearing that her kind was the annoying sort, and a bug no less. Perhaps, to some extent, it was true, since they are a curious little being, but most people would not comprehend the fact that most faeries are clueless of the outside world, and are more than likely to feel as though other creatures unlike them were a novelty of sort. And some, who are aware of the outside world, are banished from Laelie and never to be seen from loved ones.

That was not perhaps the only thing that burdened her thoughts about the banquet. As the princess threw more comebacks towards the stereotypes, more insults were thrown directly at her. She was never a coward, and was always the person to speak her mind, but she was fighting a losing battle. And all the more vexed was that her groom, who silenced himself despite the princess’ intention to initiate a friendly conversation with him, finally spoke, but with the intent of defending what Anna is assumed to be his sister, and what a bold statement it truly is, as it only added more unnecessary fire to an all-round shoots of inferno amidst the chaos. He’s handsome, she’ll give him that, but by his one brazen statement alone suggests that he was probably not the suitor Princess Aine had expected at all. And from the expression plastered on her face, the disappointment was all the more obvious. And it was depressing to know that her princess thought this meeting to be a disappointment on her part.

The girl shook her head, massaging her forehead, trying to recover what’s left of her brain cells from watching the verbal sparring match. She looked across the room, to catch the eyes of Suri, the princess’ maid, and knew immediately from her face that she was just as displeased to see this predicament. Knowing that Suri was able to catch even the lightest conversation, Anna placed her hand on her cheeks, slightly covering her mouth, to whisper "Not a very good start to a supposedly promising future. Perhaps we should pray for her highness, and hope to salvage this situation,"

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

User Image
      кυиαℓ ѕα'ιя мαнαραтяα

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃xx

xxxxxxxxxxx»» Before Kunal had the chance to retort to the Elf's response, the Shastan Princess cut in. She seemed rather smug, but Kunal had enough sense to appreciate a well-timed comment. Quickly and quietly, the Gradian Prince retracted his anger and killed it; there was no point arguing further. Allowing himself to become further upset would get him nowhere; as long his sister or people were not compromised, the Elf could say whatever he desired. Only a few words were required to end this argument.

"The Shastan Princess has spoken correctly: we are no more a pawn of our people than you; after all, you currently sit across from my sister. It is not by your will that you are here, but by the order of your kingdom. Your criticisms of our culture are invalid. My sister and I have a duty to our people; we see no shame in this."

xxxxxxxxxxx»» Although Kunal finished coolly, his words still held some bite. However, this foolish exchange needed to end. Kunal removed his glare from Heron and returned to his previous hardened persona. He regrouped momentarily, letting loose an internal sigh. If anything, Kunal hoped his outburst had not made him look as childish as the rest of them, regardless of what little weight their opinions held. Although he had not completely removed his attention from Heron and any additional comments he might spout, Kunal observed Aine in greater detail. As uncomfortable and disturbed as he was, the Gradian Prince was intrigued by her appearance; he had never seen a fairy before. Her skin was a strange pallor: crème with the slightest hint of blue. Her hair was short and fine, falling in soft blue curls. Equally interesting and blue were her bright and glimmering eyes: how deeply she contrasted Kunal and his red, fiery world was nothing short of ironic. Still, she was of a pretty sort; he would give her that.

xxxxxxxxxxx»» Yet looking at her made his stomach knot; she had no idea what she represented for him. Nothing in his life would be more difficult than this; he would become prisoner to his own body, reminded everyday for the rest of his life that he was broken... Violently, his mind recoiled.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxKILL IT.

Rich Businessman

User Image

When I turned my head, to cry
                                    I had to dry my eye
                                    I saw the tortoise from the sea, bringing you back to me.

xxxxxx
                                                          The whole time, Jean-Baptiste was nodding in agreement to the testimony of the Elf. He seemed to be the only one eating, which was completely fine with him, and always finished a roll and a half, along with a few bites of the pig that sat in the center of the table. His eyes were on the Gradian twins, looking for something-- anything that could signify that they were real people.

Really, their faces were made of stone. Jean had carved faces into pieces of marble in the bathroom that looked more alive than they did. For a minute there, he thought he could see a bit of flame dart across the eyes of the man, but was sorely mistaken. What a let-down. He wanted to be the first to see emotion from a Super-Duper Pretty Gradius Hothead.

Just then, as the other Prince finished his long and boring speech, Jean rolled his eyes. Why did the lava people speak so... formally? It was as if everything they said was scripted, like some government official was secretly speaking into their minds and they were just repeating every word verbatim.

He had an idea. It wasn't a good idea. Not in the least. But it was a fun idea. Since the dinner was completely devoid of any fun whatsoever, save from name-calling and insults... Which wasn't happening anymore in regards to this nonsense. So, the Zuleidan discreetly took his soup spoon and scraped a good bit of mashed potatoes from the bowl, then propped it up on the table. Before anyone could do anything, the spoon had been pulled back and released, flinging the potatoes across the table. He'd been aiming at the Gradian Prince, but it hit his sister instead.

Oops.

Then, like a boomerang coming right back at its owner, there was a sudden and violent thump on the head of the Prince given by the pole of an angry bodyguard from somewhere in the back.

and there across the sky, I see what, makes the legend.
                                                          The legend is true , and its you
                                                          Yeah, you are the legend, the legend is true.

Prophet

all my life i've been the slave of consequence
                                                      wondering how this - life could be so in tri cate

__________i wanna rewrite my heart
                                                      ███████__and let the future in--------[]
                                                      ________i call out -________________is anybody listening?
                                                      it's like i`m diving into emptiness (____________but at least )
                                                      ____there`s something beating in my chest
                                                      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

A silent, undetectable gratitude welled within Bashirah as her brother faithfully came to her defense. In truth, she had actually been quite shocked that her elfin husband-to-be responded so strongly to a comment not directed at him specifically. Nevertheless, tensions rose. Hacheron babbled on about ‘having fun’ in life, and so on and so forth. The Gradian princess lifted an eyebrow at this. A sappy, pointless sermon. Who was he trying to convince? Surely, it wasn’t her or her brother. Wasted words. The one named Kirche, the wife-to-be of the childish water prince, gave a voice to Bashirah’s thoughts concerning this, so there was no need for her to speak further. Nor did she want to. She was tired in more than one way: tired from the journey, and already tiring of these people.

For a fleeting moment, Bashirah felt her heart retract. Time froze. She scanned the royals again. She stopped when she came upon Hacheron. The tiniest ember of… was it safe to call it that? How could she be so certain that is what it was? Hope? That minuscule spark of… hope quickly began to flicker. Her mind exhaled. It would be extinguished as soon as they returned to Gradius. There, though flames flourished and gnawed at the air, hope blackened and died in the inferno. And these people increasingly made it difficult for Bashirah to maintain the microscopic sliver she barely grasped.

And, to think… Kunal would be free. There were a few, foreign tugs at the edges of her mouth at the idea of this. If only he knew her envy. If only he knew her sorrow. She pushed it away.

The world rushed back. Sound and light. The Gradian princess momentarily closed her eyes to clear her mind. She had almost returned to acceptable standards when the clink of a spoon and a slimy, clumpy substance nestled itself messily in the valley between her eye and her nose. She hadn’t been prepared for such a thing – though, who would have been? Shock almost snaked its way onto her face, but years of emotional conditioning stopped it just in time.

Instead, her eyes slowly opened.

Was that a chuckle from behind?

She detected a muted smile across the room. Or was it a sneer?

That quiet gasp… really a premature laugh?

She found it difficult to swallow.

All eyes were on her.

She closed her eyes again.

While the chortles and the smirks grew in number, Bashirah’s slender-fingered hand slid from her lap to the tabletop. The envelope and letter found its way into her grasp. Composure: it needed to be maintained. The paper crunched as her grip tightened. Her various bracelets clinked and clanged as her arm faintly trembled. It wasn’t long before the letter itself began to smolder.

Composure was hard to find. And Bashirah could feel it slipping dangerously fast.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

User Image
      кυиαℓ ѕα'ιя мαнαραтяα

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃xx

xxxxxxxxAbsolute s i l e n c e . . .

xxxxxxxxxxx»» If Kunal had ever had an utterly speechless moment, then this was it. In his mind, it just didn't click: What had happened? How was it possible for anyone, let alone a prince, to commit such an atrocity? Disbelief swam wild, flooding his mind, but his face could not portray the sheer astonishment - he hadn't even properly realized what had happened.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB a s h i r a h . . .

xxxxxxxxxxx»» And then time caught up with him. From the deepest and most sincere place which existed inside Kunal, rage boiled with a hotter severity than he had ever experience; it was all he could do to keep his body from shaking. For a moment, Kunal felt as if his body would explode in flames, leaping and bounding outward to consume the imbeciles who shared the room with he and his sister. The torches on the wall flickered dangerously...

xxxxxxxxxxx»» Even stronger than the burning hatred which consumed Kunal, however, was an even deeper love, devotion, and concern for his sister; more than anything, she mattered most. From the corner of his eyes, he watched her. Bashirah's body tensed, something shifted in her eyes, and her hand slowly moved upward to powerfully grip the letter before her; in her hand, it began to smolder. It was clear to Kunal what was happening.

xxxxxxxxxxx»» To the people watching, Bashirah remained cool; they were not apt enough to read her as clearly as Kunal; they could not even fathom the debilitating panic attack that would soon overwhelm her. As always, Kunal would protect his sister. Bashirah's importance was far greater than that of his anger. Already, their guard had struck the Zuleidian Prince, yet Kunal took no notice of this. He stood, slowly and powerfully, the room nearly rising with him. Despite the terrifying aura which rolled from him like smoke, Kunal remained soundless. He lingered there for only a moment, praying they all feared he would kill them.

xxxxxxxxxxx»» Yet the Prince did nothing. With a terrifying sense of clam, Kunal helped Bashirah out of her seat, his arm linked to hers. Together they departed from the dining room without a sound, sweeping past those present like a rolling cloud, disappearing around the corner as a set of twin ghosts.

Charismaladyn's Husband

Beloved Husband

10,500 Points
      • Forum Sophomore 300
      • First step to fame 200
      • Citizen 200
      User Image
      ≤Hacheron “Heron” Igalios≥

"I think you may have misunderstood..."

As the sound of food hitting a solid surface caught his ears, his eyes went wide as he realized what happened: the Zuleidin Prince had just shot a spoonful of potatoes across the table at the Gradian Princess... rather, at his wife to be. He got up slowly, cautiously, wanting to rush over and help, knowing that anyone, stone emotions or not, would be seething and pained after that. Before he could even get from his chair, her brother got to his feet and began escorting his sister out of the hall. Hacheron took a step back from the table, then another, touching a shadow-- that was all he needed. Liquid darkness jumped up his arm, clinging to his body. Fluid and quick, he became a shadow, darting over to his future brother-in-law's shoulder. "I'm sorry for earlier. Make sure she's okay," he murmured in his ear before shooting back to the table, picking the knife from the boar as he went. He slid up behind the Zuleidin Prince, twirling the knife to his side but in plain view.

"I think you may have misunderstood... Those were verbal, diplomatic debates... The moment you bring in force..." As he spoke, the shadows receded from him. Before, he was a dark shimmer, a walking shadow. Now, he smiled down at the other man peacefully, yet his eyes were coals, dark and hard as his mind warred. Why was he doing this? All he did was play a joke, childish, but still a joke. She wasn't his wife yet! But... He still felt a need to protect her, to get revenge on those who wrong her... By the Shadows, he was starting to sound like his brother.

Mood: A little mixed up

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces