Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image
Atreus was aware of everything around him, the scent of the bar, the money hungry barmaid keeping her eye on all customers, but most importantly he noticed how the elf girl shifted about her motives. anyone could simply pass her by, no matter what had gone on. Someone with street smarts would notice something if she wasn't so careful...However Atreus had a lot of years ahead of any scoundrel on the land. After 400 years he prided himself on being the best of the best for this kind of thing. However, 1000 years later being right all the time was getting old, there was no excitment for him apart from the thill of the kill. Smirking at the elf as she turned to face him he remained in the shadows and spoke in a calm yet intrigueing tone.

"to me no job pays enough, I do with what I get...and I can't help but wonder what elf asks a price apart from a noble...but you arn't exacly dressed traditionally and you don't pull off the elegant charm of the elves as well as you would like. So I wonder...only a mercenary or an outcast desperately looking for coin would be so well paid in Darza" Atreus swigged the last of his whisky and chuckled as he came out of the shadows, slowly tilting his head towards the light her table candle was emitting. " but you can't be either of those, surely" He said sarcastically. He was rather enjoying his little game with the elf, until suddenly he picked up on something. There was a scent here he knew too well, a vampire. Not only a vampire but it seemed it was a scent far too familiar, though he hadn't been near another of his kind in over 100 years. It must be the youngling from before. Without shifting his gaze he saw the vampire n his vision, and without saying a word or moving a muscle, he beckoned him over 'who ever you are your a fool boy' he spoke in his mind, assuming the other vampire was gifted in their old ways of telepathy. You draw too much attention to yourself in this harsh time, which is why I haven't killed you already. your no lover of Zeveroth I can tell that...but if you give yourself away it may give me away and I have killed people for less...aproach' All the time he stared into the elfs eyes. There was something about her...he wasn't sure what, but he felt strength yet untapped and his instincts had always proved helpful

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
UPDATE!!!

Cape Town has now migrated to the north west of Tarasia, several miles from mount Golmore just before the river narrows. In Hayden the war in the street is still waging, the Basilisks have over taken the majority of the city, however the Tarasians have converted a bottle neck street leading into a temple into a hold out point. They can last there for maximum 2 weeks before supplies run out. The forest next to Hayden is still over run with Basilisk scouts, though Tarasia has set up a defensive line around it...though the line is a skeleton crew of warriors and will not last if another ship comes in.

Partying Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tycoon 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alira snickered at the man's comments to her. She kept her back tall as she sat, but now she twisted in her seat to face the man."Then you don't know much. A person can be bored with their life and simple wanted to enlighten their dull and long life span."She loved toying with people with her words, whatever she said she always conveyed as the truth, never giving hint of any lying, and this skill has helped her more times than her dagger. She took a drink of her wine and cut a piece of her apple and popped it in her mouth. Much like any other elf, she was a vegetarian.

"Any job offered to me I take, does that make me a mercenary or an opportunist?"She added with a playful tilt of her head. Her eyes sparkled, though one might saw it was from the wine, or from the new coins in her pocket. Something made her tick, yet she never let anyone know what that was.

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image
Atreus chuckled slightly as he listened to the elfs words. "It makes you a fool" He said as he rested back into the shadows. "Taking any or every job on the market is a fools errand and a desperate search for coin over a long period of time. I can honestly say in the last year, what you have earned is pocket money to me " As he spoke his sarcastic words he threw a pouch over the table landing neatly in front of her. The pouch contained over 100 gold pieces...after all, He didn't need it. Atreus was a man of business, he had plenty more gold and he was about to get alot more...100 was literally nothing to him in his line of work. "enjoy, you can buy the nexty round providing you sit with me" He didn't mean it in a flurting manner, he wanted to study the elf. there was something about her tht intrigued him, even to the point were he felt he could trust her with something that woulc cause DArza to turn on him...if they didn't know he was about to accept a job off of the king.

"Tell me though, can you sit next to a vampire in this day and age?" He chuckled slightly anticipating her reaction. He spoke so no one could hear him save for the elf...and the other vampire in the bar. "Has the war made everyone shy? granted we were all hnted before and feared...except one or two. did your elders ever tell you tales as a child I wonder?" She would get confused. With a sentnce like that everyone did, and if they didn't then he knew they had enough smarts to be put out of action unless useful. The name Atreus was mentioned in tales of every race, and if not it would be a tale of him with a different name...claiming he was known would give away who he was only to the wisest of people though. and an elf would not be as hostile as a Tarasian, though vampires were still repulsed these days...most of all the Assassin that has killed at least one lord or king of every race.

Partying Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tycoon 200

Alira blinked at his comment, and nearly felt insulted when he called her a fool. She watched as he threw out a large coin purse. She had never made that much coin, save once before when she carried apparently a very important military document from the Basklisks to the Tarasian officals. Though nothing has ever been confirmed, she got curious and read the document.

Her thoughts were interupted when he asked her to sit with him. She thought for a moment before he added another thing.
"MY elder's taught me a bunch of supertition and lies."She responded as she stood up, grabbing her plate and glass before swining around and sitting ont he opposite side of him in the booth. She took another bite of apple before she looked at him.

This man was strange, she can give him that. He was also very wealthy, and thats what attracted her the most. She had always been strifling for coin, the jobs she did didn't pay to much, and when they did she would use most of the pay to heal and rest up and travel. She looked at him, seeing the faint outline of his body in the shadows.
"I have no care for sides in a war, all that concerns me is who has coin for me." She said as she crossed her legs once again.

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image
A woman only interested in coin...now this was someone he could relate to. She had obviously left her family and friends with no regret, went into the world and had one thing on her mind...money. In a way Atreus was very much the same, he just did it via killing people, and over the years became something of a fairy tale for it. Despite being a Loner, someone in his line of work living for as long as he did could not do so without making friends and in this age, he had few that would last a year...he had to be careful about who he trusted, but this one seemed interstring for him. He pushed his face towards the centre of the table and took two knives from his pocket. despite holding them close to the elves face he knew she would not flinch, and quickly sparking the two knives together he lit the candle.

"You know, I like your style. Who cares about a war and who cares about who is who. You'll fight if it paid enough I'm sure, hell you'd do anything for the right price. I'd like to say I was like you...but I wasn't. ever" He grinned for a split second as he closed his eyes desperately trying to recall his life, but all he could remember were the big moments like assassination of kings, the death of Lichen, Assassinating the Basilisk generals in the first war, combating the fairy king...thats all he could remember now. "You could be like me though given the chance...you'll never do it by choice though. All you have to do is folow me however which I know you will do by the end of the night, and the chance will bew there and I know for a fact you will follow my steps" Atreus loved to toy with people, though this time he spoke some truth. he could see it in her eyes. She was too intrigued and she had that fire in her heart that would do anything if it helped her, even if it went against morals. "Have you ever heard a tale of Atreus? or Xan? possibly Treyga?...actually wait, an elf might know him better as Areshen"

Partying Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tycoon 200

Alira watched as he talked, leaning back, her arm resting ontop of the booths back. She kept her eyes on him as she listened to his story she almost chuckled when he said she could be like him."Now why would I want to be like you? I much prefer my style rather than your dark and simple clothing."She teased as she shifted her weight, rotating her crossed legs, her long slender legs a large contrast, she had milky skin that were easily detectable, even in the dark. Her eyes flickered in interest as he started listing off names of a fairy tale, though she knew where he was going with this.

"Have I lived under a rock? Once I was offered a job to find the identity of one with that name, and find a weakness. I told them to stop smoking and give me a real job." She responded, smiling as she recalled that scared man, he was drinking a lot that night and also was paranoid about being a target."I never listen to rumors, fairy tales, whatever. They are always filled with exaggeration and superstition."

Hilarious Businessman

User ImageDante listened closely as the elf and the vampire continued to converse. Minutes had passed and he believed that he remained unnoticed, until the vampire began to act cautiously, and he had heard a voice in his head. The voice belonged to the other vampire. Taken back the suddeness of telepathy, an art form thought to have been abandoned long ago. Dante hypothesized that this vampire was one of old, quite possibly working as an agent for Necropolis. This is when he began to worry.

While his cover was blown to the one, he realized that he was still invisible to the elf girl, and continued to listen in. All the while he was plotting a way to dispose of him, and if it came to that, the girl. As he listened the verbal attacks made on the elf, and her quick and elogant retorts, Dante was genuinely surprised to hear the names of men of legends: Atreus, Xan, Treyga, and Areshen. An "enemy" of one of the wars, and a traitor to his race. Now that Dante knew what he was dealing with, he delivered a telepathic message of his own, "You may believe yourself to be high and mighty practicing your ways of old, and flaunting your title as a great assassin and traitor, but are you not weak in your years? You may have been the one to kill Lichen, but can you truly hold your own against one with the touch of death?" Dante did not care what would happen because of this message, all he knew was that being discovered by such an infamous name would most definitely be his end. And he was not going to go down without a fight.

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
((EDITED))
User Image
"Well I've never cared much for fashion. Though thats not quite what I meant" as he spoke he realized he was still wearing the hooded cloak he had stolen to get into the city. there was no point wearing it any more, no one would recognize him unless they were people of importance, and no one mattered this far out of the city. taking the cloak off he threw it to the corner of the booth he sat in. "and you were right not to take the job, but a word of advice for you. Rumors and fairytales however misleading they can be can also cause you to stumble onto some interesting facts. They can even save your life. people used to think that nymths wern't real until a noble was killed by them. If he'd been a little more superstitious he might have survived"

Atreus leant back into his seat, relaxing though now in candle light. there was no reason to hide. "So, do you have a name or am I just going to be calling you elf girl all night?"

He listened to the other vampires words as he conversed with the eld. Don't back up my claim of you being a fool. I'm more then familiar with dark magic. if you know who I am then you know I once fought a war along side many vampire mages, including Zeveroth. Now their all dead and I'm alive...though so is that lunatic of a mage. Age does not make one weak, it makes one wise and with our kind it makes us stronger. survive long enough and you shall see for yourself the strength that fills you as years pass by. Now tell me why are you here? and a name would be nice

Partying Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tycoon 200

Alira looked at the man as he rid himself of the bland cloak. She had always hated cloaks, they hid her body and that's what she used to do her jobs. She watched as he explain about the nymph assassination."But what if he only knew nymphs here only gorgeous woman who like to entice man? Then the noble would think every money hungry woman wanting to sleep with him is a nymph, if he took those words seriously."She reposnded in her same playful manner, her accent still thick in her words, it was a nasally accent, maybe one of another world would call it French, but that comparison has never been made to her.

"I go by Amani, though I've been called elf girl as well. And you?"

Hilarious Businessman

User ImageDante was not discouraged by Atreus's words, and now knowing his allignment against the vampire capital, felt at ease to explain his own story, " My name was Dante Allegro, but both that and my life are forfeit. Zeveroth has gained influence in Lichen Necropolis, and nearly all of its citizens, our race, are his supporters. There is much talk of war and a new age of supremacy, and I would have none of it. Unfortunately, everyone I knew shared the exact same views, even my loved ones. A time came when there was a rally for invasion, once the alliance with the Basilisk was born, and I was finished with the whole affair. It was then that I was accused of being a spy for the "opposition", by my own family. Rage had consumed me, and I decided to escape, even if it meant killing everyone that got in my way. And it did. I was left with no choice but to dispose of those of those supporters that stood in my way, and during my escape I was branded for execution. I only tell this to you for one reason, because you are on the same side that I am on. Even though that is said, if you try to pursue me and report my presence to the guards, then you will be my enemy. I have abilities that are quite unique to anyone, and even the "great" Zeveroth is envious of my powers. I warn you that I am not a force to be reckoned with."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff