Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Poster

With a wave of his hand the security men stopped their assault and pulled the man to his feet. SENTRY crossed his arms while the other two supported the beaten man.

Hugh spoke softly but curtly, his eyes not moving from the spot they were boring in the woman's head.

"You could have done...your job." he spoke coldly as he released her wrist.

"Get him out of here and fixed up. Then you are to report to the Proetus*. When I get there we will discuss your employment, you are dismissed for now. All of you"

SENTRY nodded and faded out and the security men dropped the wounded kussinik roughly at Al's feet and walked away. One of them taking it out of his day to punt the leather sketchbook across the paving stones and laugh as it skidded along. They disappeared as quickly as they had come.

Hugh spun on heel and walked in his usually icy fashion down the walkway. His eyes quickly flicked towards the man seated on the bench. Hard leather shoes slowed to a stop in front of the man.

"Julius....let's talk. I'd prefer somewhere more private. My office if that's okay with you."

writingonstars

-Djinn- Riot

Swift Crow

X Caster
Name: Eric
Race: Welsh corgi

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The Corgi watched the security crew cautiously as they dropped Amin and left the room with the long stride of the empowered and in control. It was probaby a good thing they had ignored the pup, who knows what would have happened if the dog had been kicked in the chest with the same force applied to the poor artist now on the floor.

With supreme gentleness, Eric retrieved the sketchbook in his jaws, laying it in front of amin before looking up with its usual canine smile. Somehow, miraculously, it appeared no damage had been done to it.... in fact.... the cover almost looked to be in better condition than before... Then the grin fell away and the Corgi began to lick at the Kussinik's face in a concerned manner, making small worried whines... perhaps it wasn't entirely oblivious to its surroundings after all.

Desirable Flatterer

7,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
+++♥+++ Ⱥζ ɌѲζζȺȵɗ +++♥+++

+♥+ 23 +♥+ 5"0 +♥+ Human +♥+ Element: Status +♥+ ++++++++++++++++++++

User Image

Al felt Hugh's body move, although how she was uncertain, until she watched security pick up Amin. A wave of relief swept over her body, the guilt still there. He didn't look very good at all.. and she caught sight of something small and furry looking in that area. Was it Eric? It was possible.

Hugh's words rung through her head and she nodded, avoiding any visual contact with his body. "Yes sir." She said, dropping to her knees in front of Amin once Hugh departed. Al's eyes followed Eric as the cute animal picked up the sketch book and brought it over to Amin, licking his face. Her guilt broke through the sweetness of the moment and she outwardly cringed from the inner pain it brought her.

When Eric stopped licking the Kussinik's face, Al helped him sit up, keeping her eyes away from his face. Her lips were pressed together into a thin line and she didn't say anything for awhile, keeping her hand lightly on his arm. She noticed her knees were touching his upper thigh, and it was an odd feeling. She pretended not to see this.

"I was told to get you out of here and cleaned up. So, where am I taking you to fix you up? And I'm not taking no for an answer. I brought this on to you, it's my mess to clean up." Al spoke, hiding the guilt as best she could. She finally gained enough courage to see the damage done to her friend and upon their eyes meeting she flinched. His lip was busted and bleeding, his nose seemed to be bleeding a little bit-not a lot, there were small cuts and scratches on his face that were oozing small amounts of blood and she could see bruises forming along his jaw. He didn't look too pretty, but it definitely wasn't as bad as it could have been and that made Al feel a little bit better, although the rest of his body probably had scattered bruises.

With a quick glance, Al inspected Eric, her guilt lessening a little bit more seeing that the Corgi hadn't been injured at all. That was something to be happy about.

Al held her arm out as a support to help him get up and if he didn't want to use it, she would drag him to her room. She conveyed this determination to take care of him through her eyes. Her original intention was to let him lead the way to his room so he'd be a little bit more comfortable, but she wouldn't care about his comfort if he decided to be stubborn.

ʅocation: Entertainment Train
ȼurrent țhoughts: Say goodbye to your job~
ȼurrent ϝeelings: Guilty
Kalani Zimmerman

Swift Crow

Aged Bunny

Amin Dumond

25 ? || 5'7" || Half-kussinik
Element: Arcane ||

User Image
AMin honestly was thankful that most of the bruising was on his wings. Well, equal parts thankful and pissed off. His eyes was slightly glazed as he watched his sketchbook get kicked across the floor and had he the ability he'd have torn the a*****e who'd done it's foot off. Didn't need it obviously. Senseless violence. Omega's sparkling red thong, this wasn't the streets what was this. He was expecting something to happen but not-- He couldn't wrap his head around it. He watched Hughs shoes disappear from his field of vision sending as much malice as he could to the old fart hoping against hope he'd trip over nothing.

Al's cherub like face was the next thing he noticed and a tongue pressing into his face. The two senses didn't quite match what he was seeing and he realized that one of his eyes was swollen shut. Perfect. He mused grimacing as Al offered to help him up. His hand went immediately to Eric's fuzzy little head as he glared off in the direction Hugh had wandered off to. "Don't worry doll, I've taken worse beatings." His lips curled into a smirk that pulled at the bruised side of his face causing him to wince, "Didn't even break anything, I'd say this was a luck break." The nature of the statement was completely lost on him.

Taking one shaky breath Amin pushed himself into a half crouched sitting position and waved off the woman's hand, "Not for nothing but this is what got me into this mess." His sketchbook was stuffed hap hazardly into outer pouch of his bag as he tried very carefully to assess the damage done to his person. Only bruised as he though, his ribs ached with every breath and his elbow was numb. The thin membrane of his wings had burst capillaries, wasn't that going to be fun to heal and as much as he was bleeding from his nostrils his nose wasn't broken. Being trapped on this ship was going to be hell for certain but he wasn't going to make it that easy to deter him. "Thank you Eric, you've been most helpful and adorable. I wish I could keep you." Not at all hobbled the half-kussinik stood and did a little steadying dance until he reached a wall and made his way down the corridor, opposite where Hugh had gone.

"As fun as this has been I'm rather out of my element, you might as well leave me to bleed." His words to Al. "Jus' go see ta it ya don' loose this nice job of yours, hey? Run along now." Was he slurring? Gods he was slurring, that wasn't a good sign at all but he would be damned if he accepted pity, or start pointing fingers. He'd done this as much to himself as she had contributed. With that he tried to make his way towards an elevator to get himself back to his room. While not impossible it wasn't going to be a fast process, not when he fell to his knees on the metal flooring and possibly bruising them under the fabric of his jeans, "Hades damn this!"

"I wish to remain nameless
And live without shame
Cause whats in a name?
I still remain the same."

writingonstars
Al

Swift Crow
eric
MrAngelOfDeath

Julius watched the beating, smiling at the free entertainment. As the order from Hugh was given to stop, Julius lost interest and began to look at the other scenes around him. The heavy footsteps alerted him to the presence of another. Turning to face the newcomer with a jolly smile on his face, he instanlty let his face return to its usual dour self upon realizing who it was.

"Hugh." A simple gruff greeting. Standing up to join the man he left the bag of nuts behind. "Quite a nice show of power you had there, a personal greeting for some graffiti. Although, I'd have let it play out a bit more." Giving a large laugh he looked into the other man's eyes. "But yes we should speak specifically in private, I have some information , you may be happy to hear" Patting the small tablet in his coat's pocket to confirm it's safety he was ready to follow Hugh to his office. "Interesting information indeed."

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric was in front of the Half – Kussinik, blocking his path as the humanoid tried usuccessfully to walk away. Crumpled to his knees, the fall brought Amin’s line of sight somewhat level with the Corgi’s, an uncharacteristically serious look on the pups fuzzy face.

It’s Eyes were deep and black like the space between fathomless stars, and it seemed even the wet shine was absent, leaving them as black pits into darkness boring into his.

The ache in Amin’s head and face would begin to lift, feeling better… but not actually better.. more a suppression of sensation. Just enough to get the man to where he was going before returning to normal.

Little ripples of static criss-crossed Erics metal collar as it went off again. ZZt “NO…” BZZZttA-m-i-n STAY.” KKSSHH-KA-m-i-n COME.”
While still robotic, the metallic voice somehow managed to sound quite forceful.

The Corgi walked a short distance down the hall to a corner where it sat, waiting patiently for the other two. When they were with him, the critter quickly rounded the corner and…

After a moments disorientation, the group would find themselves coming around the corner to Al’s bedroom… Just as she had been thinking.

Quotable Poster

Hugh began to walk at his usual breakneck pass knowing full well Julius could keep up just fine.

"I am a firm believer in my policies. If you punish the smaller crimes harshly then people don't even wan't to consider the possible ramifications of serious crimes."

Hugh slowed his pace for a moment and flexed his fingers. The familiar dilation of space and time swept over him and for a brief second everything slowed. Everything faded for a moment as him and Julius slipped through.

With another couple of steps the hallway of the administratorial offices of the Proetus. Hugh walked past a couple of doors and opened one with his name on it. He stepped across the threshold and into the sprawling office. An active projection of the cosmos beyond displayed across the long wall of the room. ORACLE flew across the room and immediately began bombarding the man with messages to which he held up a hand to silence her.

"Oracle I need you to leave for a few moments. Go do something with yourself."

She trailed off, nodded hesitantly and disappeared. Hugh turned to face Julius as the door shut behind them. He slid the pair of silver bands off of his wrist and onto the table as he sat himself comfortably on a long sofa.

"Before we get to business what news do you have for me Julius?"
X Caster

Desirable Flatterer

7,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
+++♥+++ Ⱥζ ɌѲζζȺȵɗ +++♥+++

+♥+ 23 +♥+ 5"0 +♥+ Human +♥+ Element: Status +♥+ ++++++++++++++++++++

User Image

Al noticed his swollen eye after her basic assessment and scolded herself for not seeing it earlier. That's why she was receiving an odd look from Amin. She almost laughed, but the situation was too dire for her to let out any outward sort of joy. This point was proven when Amin tried to smirk but instead winced, and Al held back a bark of humorless laughter at his statement. He was still hurt, being optimistic wouldn't help any.

Insult pulsed through her when he waved her away and his words only added insult to injury. Al glared at him. She was trying to help him after he got the crap beat out of him and there was a big chance she could be fired and he waved her away? The anger was palpable in her expression. Oh, she was dragging his butt back to her room, whether he liked it or not.

When Amin had stood shakily, Al followed closely behind him, rolling her eyes as he slurred to her. She had momentarily lost sight of the little Corgi. "I'm going to get fired anyways, Amin, I don't doubt that. In any case, I consider you a friend and it's better to let you be taken care of by me than letting you go to your room to die or something." She stated, letting out a sigh as he fell to his knees. He was making this so much more difficult than it had to be.

Al positioned herself under one of his arms and helped him to his feet after catching sight of Eric staring into Amin's eyes. She made a habit of slapping his hand any time he tried to pull away or make a protest of any sort. Al, despite noticing his lack of balancing on her, wanted to be under his arm just in case. "Shut up, Stubborn, I'm trying to help you." she grumbled as Eric's collar went off. She smiled at the dog, pleased he was on her side. Al continued to help Amin and follow Eric, but became disoriented and it seemed that they had managed to teleport or use some sort of magic to make it to her room so quickly. Thinking this as silly, she brushed it off as her perception of time being way off.

After doing the required measures to open the door, Al practically dragged Amin in and layed him down gently on her bed, letting him decide which position to take. After roaming around the room, taking her shoes off, going into the bathroom to change and get some things for Amin, Al came back into the bedroom area to see her injured friend laying on his stomach. Any curse words that he uttered-or shouted- were ignored by the 23 year old who carried a fairly large, self constructed medical kit. Of course, a lot of it came in a standard store bought kit, but a lot of the supplies Al had either been given by her brothers' friends back on New Magellan(from where, she didn't know and she didn't like to question their whereabouts) or her brothers themselves, which was also during their questionable days. Al patted the other bed in the room for Eric to jump up on if he wished. It wasn't hers anyways.

Al popped open the kit, grabbed a few needed items, and positioned Amin's legs more on the bed so this would be much easier on the both of them. "Amin, this is gonna be really weird, but bare with me, okay?" She warned a second prior to straddling him with as little weight pressed on him as possible. A scissor was prepped in her hand before she realized the little latches that went down the back of his shirt and wanted to slap herself for missing such a vital part of his clothing. She placed the handle of the scissors in his mouth and began to unlatch his clothing, hushing him anytime he tried to complain, trying to adjust her skimpy clothing. "Hush, honey, it isn't gonna be that ba-" Al was cut off by the angry stomping of her brother's feet and she looked at him in shock, scissors dangling precariously from her lips, hands pulling off Amin's shirt.

"Al Adlheide Rolland, what in the Hades are you doing?!" Beck Rolland's deep voice boomed and echoed in the fairly small room and Al almost fell off of Amin's back. If the size of her eyes and the trembling of her hands wasn't an indication of her fear of angry Beck, then the other tell tale signs that were popping up definitely were.

"B-B-Beck, o-oh, u-u-um, it i-i-isn't what i-it.. uh.. I don't l-l-like this sorta.. uhm.. uh.. H-he was i-i-injured and I-I-I.. Beck! Don't kill me!" Al couldn't form a coherent sentence through her nervous stutter after removing the scissors from her mouth and although she was trying to explain herself to her brother, she didn't move from her position on Amin's back.

"Can I not even trust you to go to work, do your job right, and NOT come home to straddle strange men on your bed? And where did this dog come from?" Beck practically shouted at her, still standing in front of the closed door. His hands were balled into fists, his face was red, and his eyes held an anger and annoyance that she hadn't seen since he found Coren in the closet with a girl.

Al chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of her neck with her free hand, "Ha.. well about my job.." Beck didn't allow her to finish her sentence before turning towards the door and turning to say, "Oh, and by the way, he's supposed to be facing the OTHER way.", before leaving the room, probably until her and Coren would be asleep. Al let out a sigh, tension flowing from her body.

"Well, that was dramatic." Al paused, gathering herself to fix Amin up, "Now, Mr. Snarky Butt, lets get you cleaned up!"

ʅocation: Al's room
ȼurrent țhoughts: Say goodbye to your life Adlheide~
ȼurrent ϝeelings: Freaked out
Kalani Zimmerman

Swift Crow

Lunatic

Fiet von Daunt x
Company: None
OST: Uneasiness

The past two weeks had been uneventful for the most part. Fiet crossed his arms in impatience as he stood on an observation deck and watched the filtered image of stars flicker past them. Where were the gaseous clouds and the chunks of rock that were so often associated with deep space travel? All he saw were stars and while he could recognize a hand full here or there, most of them he did not know. Fiet was not an navigator, those things were better left to the Guild and those who were more inclined for the deep space sight. Even with relays and technology today traveling even at light could be dangerous. The deep space pilots had his deepest respect for what they did. Shaking his head he checked his watch and let out a dejected sigh.

12 hours ago he had been told by his contractor that he was to take some time off. He had argued heavily against such an idea but the man would have nothing of it. Fiet had only knocked out the one woman, she was acting suspicious, she had gotten dangerously close to his contractor for this journey and so Fiet had knocked her out with a swift chop to the neck. It had been in public and he had given her verbal warnings. He still had his sword but only barely. It had been a heated debate with the security on the ship and him digging out paperwork and going over again what carrying a weapon entailed and he had even gone so far as to show his old identification cards. What a mess. His papers clearly said that he was granted license to carry a weapon and protect his client by any means possible, but limited to appropriate discretion at the time. He had simply knocked her out instead of using a weapon or powers.

This had happened a little over 34 hours ago. Recently Fiet had watched the poorly performing hand get her 'friend' in trouble and he had been disappointed with the crews simple brutality. They should have been more efficient with the blows they landed. That was his military mind talking though and for civilians that would be... wait he was a civilian now wasn't he? He had wandered to this observation platform and stood watching the stars pass by him in thought. One thing did make him smile though. They had finally stopped attempting to give him a key to his room and repair the lock that he broke so it only functioned by using an alternating electric charge on the door. He changed the pattern daily. Some times he repeated the pattern, but he had only done it a few times.

Fiet looked around him saw one couple getting affectionate and shook his head. This seemed like it was their honey moon and they were still giddy with excitement. Leaving the observation platform the man walked to the staff elevator hall and looked down it for awhile. He would have preferred to spend time on the bridge of a ship but he knew he wasn't allowed there. Instead he meandered around while he waited for his 'time off' to be up. Didn't they have an arena or anything for people to let off steam settle drunken brawls?

Aged Bunny

Amin Dumond

25 ? || 5'7" || Half-kussinik
Element: Arcane ||

User Image
"H-how.." Amin looked at the dog with brow furrowed and reservation in his eyes. He didn't get to ask the whole question as he was whisked way around a corner into a hallway that should have been in another part of the train. The room numbers made it glaringly obvious that they were not and a look behind them confirmed it.

'I must have taken more blows to the head than I thought.' Cause he wasn't feeling anything, almost well enough to pull away from Al though he didn't. He followed confused and glancing at their resident hound. Curious that it was following them but then they had fed him. Disbelief. Yes he would keep moving along.

Falling on the bed brought him out of his head and he -did not squeak like a girl- huffed covering up his annoyance with that trademark smirk of his.

"Doll, look, you're a nice girl an' all but maybe when I'm not so banged up..." There was the pain again. He groaned and was just done. She could do what she wanted for now he was just going to lay there and not do anything for a while. Al was up and straddling his thighs was nice, warm even, not that she was sitting on him but it certainly wasn't a bother at all.

"Al Adlheide Rolland, what in the Hades are you doing?!"

Comfortable Amin hadn't even noticed the door open and the man who walked in looked like he was ready to rip them a new one. Oh... that didn't sound good at all. "Dog's mine. Sorry, handsome." He muttered giving the lad who had just walked in a salacious wink.

That was not what stuck in his mind though. With a snort Amin shoves his face in a pillow, "Adlheide!?" Is his muffled response was the siblings have their exchange. That was a bout the weirdest name he had ever heard, "Yes, that was might awkward. I swear though, between you and the old geezers I'm never going to be bored. I'm not sure who wants in my pants more." He couldn't hold it in, despite the pain of his bruised ribs he laughed, wheezed and laughed again. Though the thought of Hugh did send a sharp spike of anger through his humor and his grin became sharp, "That b*****d... He thinks a little graffiti is bad? Huh, right~"

"I wish to remain nameless
And live without shame
Cause whats in a name?
I still remain the same."

writingonstars

Swift Crow
MrAngelOfDeath

Following Hugh, Julius felt the sensation of space being distorted, a feeling he never quite got used too. Holding back his objections, and repulsion of the form of travel he continued to follow the man into his office. Once in the office he stood waiting for Hugh to address him, specifically waiting for the order of privacy given to Oracle.

When the two men were alone, Julius stood before the other man, who was now sitting comfortably."Yes of course, I do have some rather, well I'd say it's good news" Thinking to himself he tried to come up with a desirable way to say his next sentence. "You see, it has come to my attention that my son has had the opportunity to study the Asokana's engine, and found a major flaw in the system." The Sentence was phrased in a way that only a knowing person would understand that the engine was sabotaged. "It could even be the Vognis may be inoperable upon our arrival, although that'd be a terrible shame." Looking again around the office he gave a smirk. "Let's hope that isn't the case."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric immediately accepted Al's implied suggestion, running over and hopping up onto the empty bed. Its crisp sheets were quickly disturbed, wrinkling up with the passage of the dogs feet as he circled three times, and a light dusting of freshly shed fur when he finally flopped down into a comfortable position. The pup chuffed lightly to itself, closing its eyes to the rest of the room, and pretty much ignoring Al and Amin for the moment as it rested itself.

Eric was just begining to have a dream, his legs sticking up in the air and paddling for all they were worth when suddenly...

"Al Adlheide Rolland, what in the Hades are you doing?!"

The dog rolled over instantly and leaped several feet straight up in the air with a startled yelp, its collare going off in the process

Bzzt... "ALARM. ALARM." Kssshh...

It ran several circles around the room emitting drowsy sounding barks before sliding beneath the bed easier than a mouse, there would be a sudden shift in air-pressure and a ever so slight distortion of the environment...

...and the space under the bed was now empty...

(FYI: empty includes anything stored beneath the bed having disappeared.)

Quotable Poster

Hugh lowered his eyes and put his hand to his mouth as if in solemn thought. He went to speak but paused as if weighing the information.

"If that contract had been handled by either of us this wouldn't be an issue. Naturally, in light of these details, should any tragedy befall the ship I have a blank check and the full weight of my resources to devote to rescue and salvage."

Hugh picked up a pair of narrow glasses off of the desk and placed them low on his nose. He flipped through a pile of plastic sheets on the desk. He pulled one out by it's metal rim and it lit up. Hugh browsed the text for a moment before sliding it across the desk.

"Now if you will I just need your signature on some things. Your corporation will be allowed to conduct business and have maintenance done in my shipyards and stations without some of the usual limitations. You can read through it if you'd like naturally but the terms we agreed on in our earlier meeting are still what I'm comfortable with."

ORACLE reentered the room carrying a rather bottle of champagne and a couple of glasses. Hugh accepted the glass as she stopped by the desk and poured some out for him.

"Would you like a drink Julius?"

X Caster
MrAngelOfDeath

Julius contemplated the hypothetical situation. "True, if it was handled by you it, would've been different, for myself though, let's just say the GFE isn't too keen on the the recent rumors surrounding me. That's why I've planned to expand my reach to the Outer Rim, and if anything were to happen to their research trip, I'll be three to help as well." A shrewd grin showed his intentions all too well.

"Now then, business." He replied taking the sheet. Skimming through the documents, he made sure nothing was changed from their previous talkes, and the drafts he'd seen before. "Everything seems in order here, and of course I'll enlist your aid for all the shipping I'll be doing for the Rivalt station for the Outer Rim."

Holding up is hand in denial of the offered drink. "No thank you. I no longer drink alcohol." Affixing his signature to the plastic sheet he handed it back to Hugh, "Also, if you ever find yourself in need of any elemental-tech, specifically weaponry, you'll be a top priority." Giving Hugh a friendly smile he offered his hand to finalize the deal.

Quotable Poster

"You know I could help you with that. I have a 'certain amount of sway' with certain committees." Hugh ventured as he shook the mans hand, pushing forward a sense of calm.

"You'll have to go up on charges sit in a room and have all kinds of nasty accusations thrown at you. But I can make this go away if you'd like." His words were smooth and silken but carried his usual gravitas.

With a wave of his hand ORACLE took the document off of his desk and walked slowly across the room. Her holographic form pulsating as she exited the room with the document.

"I can help you with a great many things Julius if you're willing to deal."
X Caster

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas