User Image

TESSA-LEE WINTERS
Who said you could only live once?
Where Am I?

xx
Who With?
xx

xx

After hearing the biggest noise she had most likely heard, Tessa jumped up and looked around, she must have slept walked because she was in the middle of someones lawn. Then she remembered that she was in the middle of a field in a forest. 'Perfect, something to wake me up,' she said. 'May as well stay here.'

OOC; had to rush! be back soon!

Invisible Tipper

13,025 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Timid 100
User Image

An amused grin spread across his face at her answer.

"And not meaning to correct you, but I made it my business when I saved you, so I hope you don`t mind that I ask you once more. Why were they after you?" he asked, his voice smooth and unchanging. He glanced quickly over to her, meaning to show her he was being serious. "And it`s quite obvious, that the less I know, the more dangerous. If there`s an army after you, I`d prefer to know the reasons why, so I can decide whether or not I should continue to extend my hand to you. A pretty face does not excuse you if you have done something terrible." There was no aggression in his voice, nothing that would make her feel attacked, unless there was truly something horrid she had committed. But Noah doubted that. More likely, she had run away. . . Just run away, right ?

His brow furrowed in wonderment. . .

But before more could be said, Zach suddenly cut in, and Noah refocused his eyes away from the girl to the man beneath her. With them sitting within such close proximity, Noah suddenly noticed how alike they looked. . . Not that they could be related, no, but rather that Zach looked quite feminine when it came down to it. His features, unlike the usual man, were curvy and supple, gentle and sweet. It was a strange thought, but true. But strange. He shook his head, blinking his gaze away. Very strange.

"Well, to be honest, Zach, I wasn`t exactly expecting company," he said, chuckling. "And I have bigger ships, you know that. And you also know why I can`t use `em," he answered back, the grin returning to his features. "But don`t you worry, we`ll be in Eden soon enough. I gotta stop in and send a report to Olliver. He`ll want to know what happened. . . If he doesn`t already," he finished.

Beneath them, the land continued to stretch out, giving way to bodies of water every now and again. They were headed east, the sun already high in the sky before he made out the form of the city. Small dots he knew were buildings began to appear against the horizon. They would be there soon. . .

Fashionable Shopper

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Her heart sank in her chest when judging by the seriousness of his expression it became clear
that he was not going to let the matter drop. Why couldn't he just drop her off in the nearest town
and forget about it? He was right though, he'd risked his neck to save her and he, as well as
Zach, deserved to know why. She could give them a little, couldn't she? Without exposing
everything. "I stole something precious to the Empire and I suppose they want it back,"
she stated with a slight up turn of her chin. Ara wasn't going to be ashamed of what she had
done, she had done it for a good cause after all. She hugged the leather satchel a bit closer to
her chest and looked away from Noah.

"You don't have to concern yourself with it further, either if you," she looked at Zach to
emphasis her point. She didn't want him to get hurt anymore than he already had. It wasn't fair,
the circumstances that had lead to him feeling the need to enter this war at all.

"When we land in Eden I'll be on my way and you can be on yours. I'm sorry for what
happened at the camp, the last thing I wanted was for anyone to get hurt."
If she had know
that her father was going to send the Grand Inquisitor to bring her back she never would have
spent the night at the camp. She would have kept going and put as much distance as possible
between her and him.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
Ғɑɼιɑɼcн, Ȥєιɑ Ȥɑcнɑɼץ
Soldier

Zeia rolled her eyes, going back to the window. "Yeah, yeah," she said with a snort. She'd helped Noah out from time to time on his ships when she was available. She spared a glance at Ara when she spoke up again, but didn't really keep eye contact. Was there really a need? She glanced at Noah as well, before just watching the horizon, eyes a little blanket. The only real motion she made was to reach up and remove the tie from her hair. The ponytail was already a mess; there was no point in trying to keep it. And fixing it would be too awkward with Ara so close.

She gave a little sigh, though, when Ara once again opted to go it alone after they land. She didn't speak; she'd let Noah cover that. Snarky son of a b***h. She owed Noah a lot, though and did greatly respect the man. She was just not in the mood for his grins and giggles right now. She leaned back in her seat, a little tired, a little frustrated and incredibly guilty. Aloysius was just coming back from their patrol. He had no idea what he walked into, and then he took the beating Zeia deserved. That wasn't fair at all.

No, she wasn't angry at Ara. She was angry at herself. She didn't know what Ara stole, but she brought her into the camp thinking she'd be safe. Thinking her company could handle anything. She brought the destruction. It was all her fault.

Alys_Sqrdl's Husbando

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,250 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
Gypsy

Gypsy watched the exchange between the two. It was sweet, the way that Vincent felt the need to spoil Kiki a bit.
She knew, from working with the girl's grandmother, that these times were taking their toll out on her. Especially with the older woman's failing health. She looked back at Vincent when he stammered.
Oh no. I'm fine. The watch is perfect for now. she said, waving it away.

She looked back at Kiki, who at this point, had taken out the very beautiful antique necklace. Even though she herself preferred practical things like watches, Gypsy had to admit to herself she was slightly jealous. The necklace was very pretty, and to receive it for free? She shook her head, and smiled to herself.

Yes. It is very pretty. Here, let me help you. she said offering to help Kiki put it on. It'd look prettier on you.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
Ѵιɳcєɳт Ҏαтɾιcӄ Đιє

Vincent shrugged, giving a little smile. "Well," he said easily, handing the bag over, "If you ever feel a need to look at trinkets that aren't watches or clocks, you just ask. They're just sitting back there with nowhere to go. I'd rather someone appreciated them better than I could." He watched as Kiki lifted the necklace out of the box and let the sun bounce off the metal and stone. It was quite lovely, though the only thing he could really appreciate was the handiwork. A true artist mad the silver bend and twist like it did. Vincent only cleaned it up, made it shine. In any case, he was glad Kiki liked it. "You can give it away if you want. Honestly, I've no use for it here."

He sat back, letting the two girls admire the bauble while he polished and replaced the silver watch. This, while not his area of expertise, was what he loved. Watches, machinery, gears, steam. He knew how things worked. What made them tick. People he didn't have such a good grasp on. Women especially. Their minds were far more complex than any watch he'd taken apart and put back together. Gypsy and Kiki... he didn't know what it was about them. They were his family. He saw a little less of Peter, Gypsy's brother, but from what he could tell, he was a nice guy. In any case, they all but took him in and helped him out when he needed it. The least he could do was try and give a little back.

Never let a little paranoia slow you down.

Chatty Phantom

User Image

Alo held onto the rifle tightly with both hands at first, but ultimately gave it up - at this point it was useless. He had expended his energy struggling in the dirt and running, and with the armor the man above him wore, he doubted he'd be able to get a kill shot off before the man came back down upon him. No, shooting did no good.

He felt his weight being lifted as the man pulled at his shirt collar and set his feet on the ground. He could make a run for it now that the man was off his horse and he himself was on his feet, but he knew the chances of escape were slim. And even if he got away this time, there was no telling how long this man would chase him. He'd go quietly, until he had a better way of going loudly.

As his wrists were being bound he turned to watch the burning of what had been their encampment only an hour before. From it soldiers began emerging, he couldn't tell if any rebels had made it out alive. Chances were a good handful fled, but so many lay slain in the dirt. From this distance, that much he could tell. The iron edge bit into his wrists and were clamped roughly shut. He didn't wince, but the muscles of his body tensed at both the sensation and the thought of being prisoner. He'd experienced neither.

Alo looked up as the soldiers trickled in and surrounded their leader. Razikh, of all of them, was in tow. His captor held him one hand tight around his shoulder with the other in a mess of hair, holding his chin up to the sky. Razikh made eye contact and the corner of his lips turned upward. His wrists, too, were bound in iron, and the both of them connected to a long rope and handed off to some grunt.

"How many?" Alo asked hushed. Someone had to have survived.

"'Enough," was all the answer he offered, but Alo still saw the hint of a smile. And then he turned his attention away, saying loudly, "You're wasting your time." It was directed at the Inquisitor. Even Alo didn't quite understand what he meant. Not everyone fighting for the rebel cause knew all of the plans, it was a hazard, and Alo certainly didn't. He'd thought the same could be said for Razikh. But that smile. He looked almost satisfied with himself.

Fashionable Warrior

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Șelena Ȼamilla

Entering the edge of the village her deep brown eyes scanned to area. Pausing her feet to a halt, she slowly looked around, her fingers clinching at the straps of the bag within her grasp. Selena saw no one for the moment. Buildings, debris and a scatter of weeds through old cement. A small sigh escaped her lips as her eyes shifted to her feet. In her mind, she was tired of running, exhausted of being alone. Perhaps this time it would be different. Looking back to the path before her lips tugged at the corners into a smile, perhaps this time. Walking deeper into the village, her eyes explored the setting.

Passing the buildings she paused at each one, attempting to look through the windows. Though dirt and weeds covered most of them, she still showed interest in the past here. Her hand lifted to remove some dust from the surface. From what she could see it was full of old bottles, dead plants and fossilized insects. Odd. Her brows frowned a bit, trying to figure out it's purpose. Should she venture inside? Selena saw no harm in it. Pausing, she looked over her shoulder, to make sure the area was still safe a clear. Her hand reached for the knob, but the door was already cracked open. Her eyes blinked softly before looking over her shoulder again. Turning back to the door she creaked it open fully. The door made a terrible screeching sound that rang in the silence. Selena peeked in carefully, still unsure if it was safe.

User Image

<Full Picture>

Fashionable Shopper

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Admiring the necklace a moment longer, Kiki handed it off to Gypsy and turned so that she
could help her put it on. Kiki lifted her hair out of the way, unable to keep from smiling when she
felt the thin chain resting against her neck. Once Gypsy had finished she leaned foward slightly
to seek out her reflect in the glass counter top. The little jewel swung with the moment and Kiki
grinned again.

"It's the best gift I've ever been given," she exclaimed. She would have to get him a gift of
some sort to repay him for the kindness. She knew that if she even mentioned it he would tell
her it wasn't necessary and that she needn't bother herself with it. Summer was drawing to a
close, however and fall would be creeping in to replace the warm days and nights with chill winds
and eventually winter snow. She'd knit him something with the yarn she'd just bought, a scarf
perhaps or a hat or maybe even both. It really depended on how her grandmother fared and
whether or not she started feeling better soon. Otherwise all her time would be taken up running
the inn and caring for the older woman until she was back on her feet again. That was when she
remembered the final task her grandmother had given her, the one she had been going to pretend
she'd forgotten when she got home.

"Oh, Vince, before I forget, my grandma was wondering if when you had a little spare time you
could stop by and take a look at that old grandfather clock again? It keeps acting up even though
we've been careful with winding it up and such,"
she said with a slight frown. The thing was
ancient and most of the parts that made it ran didn't even belong to that particular model but her
grandmother had such a fondness for it that they just kept finding ways to keep it going.

User Image

Militant Zealot

17,915 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
James Wyndrider

The rope was duly taken by James and tied to his horse's saddle. for the moment he wasn't going to worry about it, before mounting up and glancing back at the other prisoner. His face didn't hold any expression for the time being..and gave a slight smirk though recognizing who the other prisoner was.

"If it isn't the instigator of this little skirmish. As to wasting my time, I think not. that airship was here for a reason. I imagine one of you knows what that reason was. or whom is it's pilot. and while I imagine you would never outright tell me, or at least tell me the truth, it's fortunate that two of you survived intact. Now we can compare your stories during your questioning."

Before a gesture and moving forward, keeping the horse at just a pace to make sure that them trying too much would just get them dragged, but not so fast as to force them any quicker then needed. After all, he had to think about what to say when they returned.

Explain to the Emperor, or his son, who was also interested in recovering his sister, about what transpired and how she managed to slip past him. and he needed to find out what airships were known to be heading out to that area. take a look at lists for any heading to Eden, the most logical destination, unless they were going to another one of those Rifter nests. and who knows how many or where those might be. it was frustrating.

So better just to get a look at everyone. joyriders or commercial. It wouldn't take very long to reach the Capital, they weren't very far after all. which also gave him time to consider various interrogation techniques to use on his two captives.

Fashionable Warrior

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Șelena Ȼamilla

As she began to enter, dust flew about, the kick of air shifting everything in the room. Stepping in carefully with one foot, the old wooden floor beneath her feet squeaked quietly. Defiantly old and abandoned. In an instant a flash of blue fluttered quickly from the shadow of the room and towards Selena. In reaction of fright and surprise she screamed briefly, bending to her knees as she covered her head with her hands. Realising it was no threat her eyes watched it flap around briefly then it flew out the opened door. Selena sighed with relief then stood upright again. "Silly Selena." She laughed with her words as a hand reached up to comb her fingers through her hair. Glancing about the room she gave a small shake of her head, turning to leave back through the door. Careful to leave it open a crack for the bird, she continued on her way, browsing more shops and buildings.

Several buildings later she came to a more cheery side of the village. Very abundant in color and well, life. Reading a few of the signs as she passed, she noted the names and pictures to recall them later. Approaching a flower shop, Selena glanced through the window. Everything was brillantly colored and nicely decorated.'I wonder.' Selena thought to herself then glanced to the door. It was very much closed. Giving a small nod her hand reached for the knob, turning the handle as she carried her small bag in the other hand. Entering the bells on the door rang out, startling her a little.

Her brown eyes glanced around the room, the pollen and fragrances filling her senses. Much better. "Hello?" Selena asked aloud, pausing as she listened for a reply. Not too loud it seemed. "Anyone here?"

User Image

<Full Picture>

Chatty Phantom

User Image

Razikh just smirked and followed the Inquisitor with his electric eyes as he mounted his horse. The party began its trek, and neither said a word to the other or anyone else. Razikh kept his eyes focused on the road ahead, but Alo put himself in the present. He watched the Inquisitor's backside, the soldiers, their surroundings - he couldn't think about what lay ahead, at least not until they reached it.

He didn't know how long they walked, perhaps half a day or so, but as they were bound to, they reached the Capitol eventually. He felt the shackles on his wrists tighten, the rope pulled taught by the increasing speed of the horse leading them on. The Capitol walls grew tall before them, soon consuming everything in view. The time was growing near, they had to come up with a plan soon, anything at all. The party stopped at the gates, papers being checked by the guards and - as soon as they realized who they were dealing with - quickly shuffled in through the gates. In the Capitol especially, security had been revamped. Alo would never have been able to get in legally on his own grounds.

The rope pulled taught again and led them forward, but Razikh and Alo had been watching, glancing at each other - the only communication they'd had since leaving the burning camp behind. Razikh pulled his arms up, the horse the rope was connected to stumbling somewhat on his back legs from the unexpected force. He took his slack and wound it around the neck of the nearest soldier, holding it tight with wrists still bound. He pulled the incapacitated man up against his own body - a shield and a threat - as Aloysius spun around on another soldier. Before the man realized what was going on he pulled the sword from its sheath and severed the rope, bound hands wrapped around the hilt.

He struck the soldier, who blocked with his arm and received a deep cut through his forearm. They had to be quick, just inside the city gates people were noticing - guards were noticing - the scramble. He came back around and slashed Razikh's line, which immediately fell limp around the ground. Razikh pulled tighter on the portion still wrapped around his human-shield's neck. Tighter and tighter still until the man fell as limp as the rope and dropped from his arms.

Go! Run!" Razikh hollered out above the panic of the crowd and the war cries of the nearest guards and remaining soldiers of their party. Alo slashed at an oncoming attacker and as soon as the man recoiled spun on his own heels and ducked into the crowd, even as they pulled away from the scene. Razikh followed, hands held before him trying to maintain balance in the forced position.

They ran forward, into a system of smaller roads and alleyways, all the while with the soldiers and guards behind them. They separated. Alo kept running, further and further, deeper into the crowd, breathing hard, heart beating faster. Razikh took a right. A dead end. He turned around full face to the his pursuers as they closed in.

Fashionable Shopper

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Zeph examined the list in her hand as she paced effortlessly back and forth along the four inch
wide wooden railing on the upper deck. On one side was of course the deck of the ship but to
her left was a fifty foot drop to the ground below and the unsuspecting citizens of Ironguard.
She'd been playing in the rigging and high up places since she was old enough to walk, the
railing was a piece of cake in comparison.

Her brows furrowed as she scanned the eloquent scrawl written on the aged parchment. Her
father had given the list to her before he'd left to meet with a contact in the city and ask her to
pick up the items listed by sunset. It was still early morning so she had some time but she
hadn't wanted to go alone. The capital was a big place and while she knew her pa wouldn't send
her anywhere where she couldn't fend for herself she preferred to avoid altercations when
possible. Her being a young lady and all she tended to attract the wrong sorts of attention in
some of the seedier locales. Plus she didn't want to have to carry everything back by herself.
That's why she was giving Corwyn another five minutes to show himself before she went down
into the belly of the ship to drag him out from under the engine and into the open air.

Really, that boy spent more time tinkering with the engine than he did conversing with real
people. Sometimes she swore she heard him down there talking to the damn thing like it was
answering back. She liked Corwyn, he was the only one on the ship who didn't fake a smile
when she came by just so she wouldn't feel that need to give him one. She remembered that first
day after he'd joined up with a warm fondness that made her smile. Her lips puckered into a pout
when she saw that her father wanted them to find a few passengers as well. Zeph was as friendly
as they came but she really hated it when strangers were on board. Things always seemed so
much tenser when they carried travelers. Zeph was also under strict orders not to engage in any
of her 'tricks' and at times the call of the wind was just too strong to ignore.

On top of it all, her pa had that don't ask, don't tell policy and Zeph being too curious for her own
good (some call it nosy but Zephyra considered it nothing of the sort) and it down right ruined her
day not to be allowed to ask. Then there were those people who just didn't feel right. A
gentle breeze drifted passed her causing her to smile. "Bout time you drag yourself up here, I
called ya twenty minutes ago! Good thing I wasn't hanging from the riggin' by my toes or
anything,"
she commented as the scent of oil and other engine fluids assaulted her senses.
Only one person she knew carried that particular aroma, not that it was bad it was just him.
User Image

Dapper Dabbler

σяωyи Ⱦнαxтσи
XXXXXXXXXXXXPirate Pilot

"C'mon now, don't be difficult." Long fingers skimmed over the rotating gear and squeezed either side, forcing the motion to stop. In turn, of course, the rest of the parts that one gear was helping move stopped as well, slowly. One by one. The soft ticking of the axle warned him that he didn't long. That was fine. He slid a screwdriver into the opening and quietly tightened a loose screw before pulling back and letting it go, watching it run again. With a little hum, he crouched and slid under, getting a few more things done in the time he had left. Yeah, Zeph called for him to join her in town almost a half hour ago, but she always gave him a window to procrastinate cleaning up and making himself presentable. She knew very well that he could never refuse her requests, and so always wound up doing as she asked. He just did it in his own time.

He smiled a little, poking a wrench here and the screwdriver there, making a relieved sound as the engine purred appropriately. "That's my girl," he said softly, patting the siding before pulling himself back out from under it all. He puffed the hair out of his eyes and took a cloth from a rack off to the side, cleaning his hands and forearms of grease. Once he was more or less clean - after a while he gave in and learned to enjoy the lingering oil and grease smell from all his work down here - he trumped up to his cabin to change into something more presentable. Then, finally, he went up to meet Zeph.

He rolled his eyes at her words, taking what hair that fit out of the tie that held it away from the engine. It fell compliantly and covered his ears as he pushed his white, high-collared coat back past his hips so he could slip his hands into the pockets of his pants. "Whaat. We've still got plenty of time. And you'll thank me later, when we fly out of here. Hard to fix a ship in the air when I also need to pilot it, you know." he glanced around, sapphire eyes blinking in the sunlight as a breeze pushed the hair away from his forehead. "So, where are we going, and why do I have to come?"

User Image

Militant Zealot

17,915 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
James Wyndrider

The Capitol. Grand and glorious as she ever was, and of course entry was easy considering his rank and position. He didn't care about the occasional gawks or looks from civilians as they started their way into the heart of the Empire...until the jerking on the rope got a moments attention before all hell broke loose.

As his two captives went running, James again pinched the bridge of his nose. his patience was about wearing out. He hopped off his horse, letting one soldier take care of it as running through the streets on horseback was foolish and endangered civilian lives..and he followed behind. no shouts of seize them or halt or the like, just a silent pursuit.

his original captive went one way, the other took the wrong choice in path. he grabbed one of the solider and jerked him back as they were closing in on the ringleader, for the second time it seemed, of this little debacle.

"Get after the other one!"

flinging him back and turning his attention fully on his cornered adversary, but he didn't draw his sword. his hand balled up in a fist, and he glared on the man. probably the first time since he'd seen him he showed actual anger. Cornered, nowhere to run, no way past. unarmed as he was...he was caught. James knew it, and he was sure the man realized it.

"A valiant effort, I'm sure you'll remember it fondly."

James came forward, but if this man was expecting him to put him back in shackles after this second annoyance, he was quite mistaken. Once he got close, his hand reached out to shove his palm hard against the other's forehead, the intent to crack his head on the wall behind. and if that worked, or even if it didn't, his armored fist was going to do either make sure the job was done, or do the job, of bludgeoning him unconcious for the rest of the trip...in which he'd simply carry him over his shoulder.

"I want the other one found if at all possible. every available man. if he slips through the cracks, then there will be hell to pay."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff