Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

This thread is currently under construction accepting open
Wanna join? You need to consider yourself an Adv. Lit. writer. Two big meaty paragraphs baby.
This role-play is set in the 1920's at the hotel, The Old X X
What most don't know is it's also an underground speakeasy
known in the underground as The Old Double-Crosser which is known for it's booze, music, gambling and gun dealing
There will be gunplay, romance, betrayal, stylish jazz sounds, and lots of general mischief
Follow the rules, don't be a stick in the mud and make nice with everyone else
PM me with any questions!

OOC

Tiny Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

The year is 1921. In North America, in the state of New York, on the Island of Manhattan, there is a hotel. The hotel is five stories, not including the
basement of course. There are a total of 60 rooms on floors 2-4. The fifth floor houses the luxury suites, which is a total of five rooms and a common
area. But this is all simply logistics. There's so much more to this hotel. You see, booze and gambling are very popular at the moment, although illegal.
But if you know the right people, and ask the right questions, the bartender will take you to the back room. He taps the wall four times. One, two,
three, four, and the wall opens. Now you have left The Old X X and become a double-crosser. Welcome to the underground speakeasy. Here, you'll get
all the hooch you can afford, provided you don't gamble away all your money. If you'd rather schmooze some dolls to some lively jazz, the house band
will provide the sweetest tunes on the island. If you're in need of some....assistance, and you know who to talk to, you may be able to get your hands on
some guns, opium, and the like. But in order to do so, you be sure you're in good standing with the owner and her companions on the top floor.

Who is the owner of The Old X X and particularly of it's alias, The Ol' Double Cross? Originally, the owner was a ruthless man known as Mr.
Grant. Well-liked in the underworld but feared most everywhere else, Mr. Grant was the man to go to when you had a problem. His solution always
came with a price, however. Once he did something for you, you were now another number in his bank of "favors". He would call upon you when he
needed to cash it in, and if you didn't deliver quick enough, you may be facing the end of a tommygun before sundown. Mr. Grant died under mysterious
circumstances last year, leaving only his young, beautiful wife in his wake. There's talk of an investigation going on. In the meantime, she took over
the business, and has been calling in favors left and right. Rumor has it she may be the reason behind his mysterious death. If she catches you spreading
that kind of bad-mouthed word around, you'd better be ready to face the consequences. In the mean time, guests, feel free to mill about. Dinner is always
at 6:30 pm sharp. If you need anything, just ring on down for a maid or a housekeeper. They'll tend to your needs without hesitation. But if anyone, and I
mean anyone, is caught on the fifth floor without permission, there will be hell to pay.

Tiny Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

First we have to go through the basics. Obviously follow ToS and the like. There will be fights, romance and drinking in this RP, but you know.
Keep it classy, keep it fair. Don't go shooting people and killing them and ruining everyone's fun unless it's been talked about and agreed upon.
PLEASE for the love of God plot with people!! It's fun! It makes the role-play fun if you're friendly and open! I'll be running the role-play on a "three strikes"
thing. Obviously three strikes and you're out. If you do end up getting booted out, or if you just can't commit, your character will be killed for the sake of the
role play. Speaking of committing, this is something I expect a decent level of commitment from. If you're having issues, please just let me know!
I am really not even the least bit scary and I'm willing to make compromises and work with you. Trust me, I've been in your shoes.

Now on to the juicy bits. I'm gonna be really picky about who I let join and their characters. Obviously you have your creative freedom,
but if I see a lot of loopholes, or over-powered, ridiculous characters, I'm going to ask you to revise. If you read the story, you'll notice there's some
limited spaces. I'd like to have a maximum of six guests and six maids. Then there are our premium suite guests. There are 4 open slots for the premium
guests. If you'd like to be one of those guests, let me know in your reserve and we'll chat. Premium guests are high-end, black-market buyers and spenders.
They should be well-known and either infamous or famous in one way or another. Other guests are rich, of course, but these guys are the top of the top.
Now when it comes to the speakeasy, there's some more room. We'll need a band, a bartender, some waitresses and some dancers. I won't put a cap on
those just yet. We'll see how popular each slot is. If you have an idea for a character that I haven't mentioned, please let me know and we'll chat!
Finally, please make pretty, readable post layouts. I know everyone says that, but it just makes the role-play look so, so nice.

Please use anime/illustrated pictures for your characters. I find using real people super weird. When you send in your application,
please PM it to me with a link to some samples I can browse through. Please title your application PM's "Spifflicated".
For the profiles, it's same old same old. Try to make realistic, dynamic, unique characters. I don't want a bunch of orphans with triggering
pasts running around. Characters should be between the ages of 18 and 40. There are no minors allowed in this hotel whatsoever. No exceptions.
Names should be American and fit the period, unless you want your character to be foreign. When you send me your profiles, which should just be a link to a
thread in a PM, please title it "Horsefeathers".
Please try to find relatively realistic looking pictures. No giant-eyed, pink haired cat girls. You know what I'm talking about.

Tiny Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

Reserves (along with a link to samples, please also provide me a little blurb about your character) :
[imgright]character picture 200x100[/imgright]
[align=right][size=16]「 [color=#950804]●[/color] 」[/size][size=12]NAME[/size][color=white]x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x[/color][/align]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=#950804]●[/color] [i]([/i][size=11]MALE/FEMALE[/size][i])[/i][color=white]x x x[/color] [color=#950804]●[/color] [i]([/i][size=11]AGE[/size][i])[/i][color=white]x x x[/color] [color=#950804]●[/color] [i]([/i][size=11]OCCUPATION (i.e. guest, maid, owner, bartender, etc.)[/size][i])[/i][color=white]x x x[/color] [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]TRAIT[color=white]x x x[/color]TRAIT[color=white]x x x[/color]TRAIT[color=white]x x x[/color]TRAIT
[color=white]x x x x[/color][i]TRAIT[color=white]x x x[/color]TRAIT[color=white]x x x[/color]TRAIT[color=white]x x x[/color]TRAIT[/i][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=18]◌[/size] [color=#950804] USERNAME[/color] [/list]
[color=white]x
x[/color]

Profiles: You will make a thread in the test thread forums and PM the link to me once completed
[align=center][img]IMG1 200x200[/img][/align]

[size=25][color=COLOR2]N[color=COLOR1]AME[/color][/color][/size]
[color=white]________________________[/color][size=14.5]G E N D E R - SEXUALITY - OCCUPATION[/size][list][size=14.5][color=COLOR1]A G E[/color] - [color=COLOR2]ANY NICKNAMES OR ALIASES[/color] - [color=COLOR1]U S E R N A M E[/color][/size][list][list][list][list][list] [list][list][list][list][list] [list][list][list][list][list] [list][list][list][list][list] [imgright]IMG2[/imgright][align=right][align=left]
[color=white]_____[/color][size=20]I [i]N[/i] F [strike]O[/strike] R M A T I O N[/size]
[color=COLOR2]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/color][list][size=11]
[color=white]_________________[/color][size=18]»┊PERSONALITY
[/size][list]PARAGRAPH HERE[/list]

[color=white]_________________[/color][size=18]»┊BIO[/size][list]
PARAGRAPH HERE

[center][img]IMG2 200x200[/img][/center][list][list][list]

[list][list][list][list][list] [list][list][list][list][list] [list][list][list][list][list] [list][list][list][list][list] [imgright]IMG4[/imgright][align=right][align=left]
[color=white]_____[/color][size=20]F [i]E[/i] A R S & [strike]S[/strike] E C R E T S[/size]
[color=COLOR2]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/color][list]
[color=white]______[/color][size=18]☑┊[/size][size=11]SECRET/FEAR PARAGRAPH[/size]
[/size]
[color=white]______[/color][size=18]☑┊[/size][size=11]SECRET/FEAR PARAGRAPH[/size][/size]

[color=white]______[/color][size=18]☑┊[/size][size=11]SECRET/FEAR PARAGRAPH[/size][/list]

[imgright]IMG3 200x200/imgright][align=right][align=left]

[color=white]_____[/color][size=20]R [i]E[/i] L A T I [strike]O[/strike] N S H I P S[/size]
[color=COLOR2]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/color][list][size=11]
[color=white]_________________[/color][size=18]»┊PERSON1[/size][list]PARAGRAPH[/list]

[color=white]_________________[/color][size=18]»┊PERSON2[/size][list]PARAGRAPH[/list]

[color=white]_________________[/color][size=18]»┊PERSON3[/size][list]PARAGRAPH[/list]
add more if needed!

Tiny Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

User Image
Dolores "Lola" Grantx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
(FEMALE)x x x (28)x x x (OWNER)x x x CALCULATINGx x xRUTHLESSx x xSECRETIVEx x xJADED
x x x xMOTHERLYx x xIMPULSIVEx x xHONESTx x xGENEROUS
INVISIBLE BOARDS
x
x

User Image
Kenneth Flattx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
(Male)x x x (24)x x x (Premium Guest)x x x Headstrongx x xAnxiousx x xTrustworthyx x xStrategic
x x x xSlyx x xArrogantx x xLaid-backx x xDistant
chelsea-chee
x
x

User Image
Lazare "Reibel" Delacrioxx x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
(MALE)x x x (31)x x x (PREMIUM GUEST)
x x x MACHIAVELLIANx x xCOLDx x xUNAPPROACHABLEx x xCUTTHROAT
x x x xDRY-HUMOREDx x xPECULIARx x xADAPTABLEx x xRELIABLE
RASQUATHENA
x
x

User Image
VICTORIA "MADAM" FORREST x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

(FEMALE)x x x (TWENTY-THREE)x x x (UNDERCOVER DETECTIVE - GUEST)x x x
    DETERMINEDx x xINDEPENDENTx x xPASSIONATEx x xSOCIABLE
    x x x xCYNICALx x xFLIRTATIOUSx x xOBSESSIVEx x xSECRETIVE
    ENIGMATIC MALADY
    x
    x

User Image
    Maurilio "Todd" Acorrsix x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

(Male)x x x (Eighteen)x x x (Detective's Apprentice - Guest)x x x
    RUTHLESSx x xDETERMINEDx x xPROUDx x xSARCASTIC
    x x x xLOYALx x xQUICK LEARNERx x xSTOICx x xHARDWORKING
    RubyRai

x
x

User Image
Kazuki Kojimax x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

(Male)x x x (Twenty Eight)x x x (Guest)x x x SLYx x xINTELLIGENTx x xSTRATEGICx x xSECRETIVE
x x x xAPATHETICx x xCOYx x xAMIABLEx x xHEADSTRONG
Osroene
x
x

Tiny Sex Symbol

12,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

We're currently in the midst of a chilled, early March here on Manhatten Island.
There are still two premium member slots open. All guest slots and servants slots are currently open. All jazz band slots are currently open.
There are rumors of a detective posing as a guest, possibly with an apprentice. The kitchen is also in need of a chef.
The Ol' Double-Crosser is looking for a bartender and some waitresses who can keep a secret.

Rooms
          First Floor _

room 100 : Maurilio "Todd" Acorrsi
            room 101 : open
            room 102 : open
            room 103 : open

Second Floor_

room 204 : Victoria Forrest
            room 205 : open
            room 206 : open
            room 207 : open

Third Floor _