Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,925 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kei heard him speak about survival and nodded softly. "I know." he said. He started to help gather things up and pack them up a little. He heard him about carrying him though and it made him blush a little. "I-I will be fine." He said to him. Kei finished helping pack up, making sure he had both inhalers now.
User Image

Niro actually laughed a little at seeing Kei's blushing face. He hadnt seen anyone blush that much since Yukine was around. Yukine always used to insist he didnt need carried when he was hurt but he obviously did. Niro missed Yukine more than anything in this world. It was only his promise to Yukine not to die that kept Niro alive otherwise he would have done himself in after he'd shot him. That memory alone made it hard for Niro to sleep at night.

"Look...Kei...just..if anything happens to me promise me...you'll kill me. If a walker bites me don't hesitate to shoot me down. I dont want to be one of those things when I die. Not like....Yuki.,"Niro said, his hands tightening on the strap of his bag.

7,925 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kei heard him and he was silent as he finished speaking. He didn't know if he could promise such a thing. Kei had never killed anything in his life, and now he was being asked to do it to his only ally in the whole world right now? After a moment Kei nodded softly. "O-okay..." he said softly.
User Image

"Kei I won't ask you to do that...only as a last resort. If I cant make it to a gun myself then I'd ask you too. I'm in no rush to die. I made a promise to my idiot friend that I'd live on.,"Niro said, his eyes looking sad now.

Niro missed Yukine so much it hurt sometimes. There were days where it was almost to hard to go on. Only his promise kept him from doing what he wanted to do most. "He's not even alive anymore and he keeps saving my life. Not just from walkers but from myself.,"Niro said, going back to packing supplies. Niro wasn't ready to tell Kei that Yukine had been his lover. He didn't know how Kei felt about men loving other men so he kept it to himself.

7,925 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kei heard him and felt bad for him. To have to feel that way all the time...the only thing keeping you going a promise. Kei didn't want to think about waking up one day and finding NIro dead because of what he had to carry emotionally. They kept packing things till they were done. They had at least two months of food, and plenty of water.
User Image

Niro carried most of the heavy stuff since he didn't want Kei to have to worry about his breathing issues. He kept his eyes right on his surroundings while they walked through the abandoned city. Walkers could be anywhere at any moment so it was always best to be on guard. Niro had his gun loaded and poised to shoot if one of those rotten flesh eaters even dared to come near.

"Remember to avoid loud noises if you can, they're attracted to it. If you can kill one with your bare hands you're better off. I usually use a baseball bat. It's quiet, effective and tends to keep me moving fast enough that even if other walkers are around they can't catch up.,"Niro said, handing Kei a bat from his pack"I've got a knife for myself so you can use this.,"

7,925 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kei heard him and nodded softly. "I know." he said to him. He then was handed the bat and looked at it. He had never killed anything before, other than a rat in an accident with an experiment, but toher then that nothing. "Okay..." he said softly, knowing how to do about killing one just never have done it before. "Where are we going?" he asked Niro softly.
User Image

"Honestly I really don't know. I've been going where the wind blows me for the last few months since the whole infection started. I tried several different places that were rumored to be safe havens. All of them, dead ends.,"Niro said, keeping his eyes straight ahead while they walked.

As far as he was concerned no such place existed. A place without Yukine was not a home or a safe haven as far as he was concerned. None the less Niro would not let that stop him from living.

"I dont have to many answers for you im afraid.,"Niro said.

7,925 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kei heard him about not knowing where to go and it gave him an idea. Kei dug through his pockets and he pulled out some scrap paper. "We got this message over the radio last month. It was in Morse code but I knew what it meant." he said, opening it up to show he wrote the message in English. "There is a community out there in the north where there are less infected. They are offering people to help build the community, to live in safety. They called it Paradise." He said to him.
User Image

Niro looked at the message blankly for a moment just mentally weighing his options. Safety would be nice for a change after all this survival crap. At the same time though it meant Niro may have to stay in one place....which forced him to truly face the fact that Yukine was dead. Niro may have promised Yukine he would live but he didnt promise he'd fight death if it came for him faster. Which, in the harsher environments meant death was far more possible.

"I will take you there. Consider this my repayment for the supplies from the store. If it is what you say it is then I will make sure you stay safe until we arrive. I'll leave once I know you're settled.,"Niro said.

7,925 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kei heard him and he smiled, glad that they would go there. "Why can't you stay with me when we get there? it's safe after all. No more walkers." he said to him. He then thought about how far north up it was and his face dropped. "We either have to go around or through area zero..." He said softly. Area zero was where the infection first started, where there were the most walkers there could be.
User Image

Niro was quiet after Kei asked his question because he knew the boy wouldnt like the answer. Kei reminded Niro of a pureness that seemed so rare in the world anymore. He didnt want to spoil that with his morbid ideas about life. For Niro there was no life to be had anymore. He would live but only until a walker's bite ended him the way it had Yukine. The older boy didnt even bat an eye when Kei mentioned area zero.

"Area zero it is then.,"Niro said, lighting a cigarette while he continued to dodge Kei's question about why he couldnt stay.

7,925 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kei didn't get an answer from him and it worried the young man a little. He wasn't going to push him though because they had only just met. You could bearly call them friends right now. When he mentioned they were going through he was shocked, it was the most dangerous part of the world right now. "O-okay then..." he said, looking ahead of him as they walked. It was going to take a long time to get there, he hoped he was ready.
User Image

Niro trudged through the first sections of area zero. The place was indeed crawling with walkers and most of them horribly maimed and deformed. The walkers were all deformed of course but these were more so. Niro kept a vigilant eye on Kei of course since he had promised to keep him safe. Now they were finally walking through what seemed to be a clear space without walkers.

"We should rest, Kei we've been doing a lot of fighting since we got here.,"he said,taking the boy's hand to motion him to sit.

7,925 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Kei had killed two of them, but one of them struck him the most. A young woman, had to have been their age. Even thought she was one of them now he could tell how scared she had been when she turned. He was quiet as they sat down and he was for a while till he finally spoke. "We still have at least a month of this...I'm going to have to kill more..." he said softly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff