Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Regular

Sophia was reluctant to take her eyes off Melinda as her husband took her hand and suggested they go get Aya something to eat. Then she noticed Kyle walk over to sit by her sister and that made her feel better, knowing someone would watch out for her sister. She waved to Luna as she turned her attention back to Elaan and Aya.

"Alright, I suppose we can leave for a little bit to go get our daughter and perhaps ourselves something to eat. It seems Mel is in good hands right now, so I don't have to worry as much about her,"Sophia admitted. She squeezed her husband's hand and motioned for him to lead the way, looking back just briefly at her sister. She wished she knew who had done this to her, but she knew she wasn't alone with that wonder.

Melinda heard a voice she had never heard before and wondered who it could be. When she heard Kyle's voice and Elaan's voice, she calmed down a little, knowing she was at least among mostly people she knew. She blinked her eyes again, her eyes starting to focus just as Kyle offered his hand to her. She gently took it into her own and she smiled softly to him, though her eyes had concern for his well being, seeing how he looked in bad shape.

"Hello Kyle, it is so good to see you again. I kind of look like I feel, are you okay?"she asked in her gentle way.

5,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Aya waved at Emily and gave the girl a warm smile. She wanted to play with her but her tummy was growling so food first. Also, the promise of ice cream or cake or both is hard to pass up. She can always look for Emily later but sweets gets the priority for now. "What happened to Auntie Mel, mama? Is she sick?" she asked. She didn't really see the woman's condition but she knows that the clinic is there for healing and that kind of stuff.

Benevolent Lunatic

24,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Kyle chuckled at Melinda’s response, wincing a little as he did. It was good to see that he wasn’t letting a near death experience damper her personality like it did to so many. He gently squeezed her hand. “It’s good to see you too. And you are already looking better with the help of some nanites and Luna’s sewing ability.” He gave her a weak smile, with all of his teeth now more cat like and his canines seeming to be elongated. He winced again, his muscles feeling like they were burning him from the inside out. “I-I’m fine. It’s nothing that I won’t live through. It’s not too bad.” He told her, obviously lying to the woman. “What’s more important is what happened? Who did this?” He asked, squeezing her hand again. “Tell me who to track down.” His nose seemed to twitch after he said this.

Shy Regular

Melinda reached out and touched Kyle's cheek with her free hand, seeing the changes that had started in him. She could see he was going through the transformation, soon he would be like the rest of them. At the mention of what happened, she looked down a moment, trying to think of what to answer.

"I didn't get a good look at their faces, I'm afraid, though I wish I did. I had come to look for this place, ever since Sophia told me about how good it was. Then as I was headed down the street, I thought I heard footsteps behind me. All of a sudden, I felt a knife at my back and a man telling me that my kind were a disgrace. He and his buddies started to beat on me and call me names, saying that I would be better off dead,"she replied, her voice quivering.

Benevolent Lunatic

24,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Kyle had closed his eyes, so when he felt Melinda’s hand on his cheek he jumped a little. He swiftly reached up and grabbed her hand. “You shouldn’t be moving so much…” He said, lowering her arm gently, but not letting her hand go. He shook with anger and pain, of course, from her story. “If I had known you were coming, I could have picked you up on the way…” He said, shaking some more.

All of a sudden he was feeling lightheaded, and he leaned forward, resting his forehead on Melinda’s bed, not able to do anything else. His hair was beginning to grow longer, as well as turning a deep golden brown. He let out a moan that sounded more like a growl.

Shy Regular

Melinda blushed lightly as Kyle told her he would have picked her up, he she had called him. When she saw him shaking and his head fall to her bed, she let out a gentle gasp of surprise. She knew that when going through a transformation, it is always good to have someone there to help you through it. She moved gently in her bed, so that she was facing him more, then gently stroked his hair.

"It's okay, Kyle, I am right here, you can totally handle this, I know you can. Just focus on my voice and I will help you get through this transformation,"she soothed. She temporarily forgot about her own problems, focusing on Kyle.

GrumpehKitten's Husband

Liberal Citizen

9,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Vincent watched as Luna walked over, picking up the little rabbit girl in her arms, nodding when she asked about if what she had been told about the girls arrival was true. "That's right. I went outside to get some fresh air, and I saw her out in the vegetable garden" Vincent said softly, rubbing the back of his neck gently. "She had uprooted a few of the vegetables and was eating them, so I took one of the carrots she had pulled up to lure her over" he added, crossing his arms over his chest, sighing. "She was really skittish, too. No idea how she got out here" he murmured, shaking his head, frowning as he tried to think. "She bit Emily on the arm when your daughter tackled her" he added, spotting Emily leading Claire out of the room. "I can only hope that Emily is alright" he commented, glancing at the little girl in Lunas arms again. "No idea what her name is, either. She didn't seem to understand a word I said"

10,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Claire let Emily lead her out of the room as Vincent arrived. She smiled when she saw another child there. "Are you hungry Emily? We can eat with your little friend. Maybe she wants to hear a story too." She said, a bit hungry herself for some fruit.

Gwen started to stir and stretched out in Luna's arms before rubbing her face with the sides of her paw like hands. Blinking a couple times, she looked up and her pupils dilated. A huge cat was holding her?! It was going to eat her! She started to squirm to try to escape before seeing the shiny disk like end of the stethoscope. The rabbit girl stopped, eyes fixed on it before picking it up off her. Sniffing the metal, she tried biting it like many things she's tried eating. It didnt taste good at all. But what kept her amused or curious was how shiny it was. There was another rabbit in that little thing! How did it get there?

Friendly Seeker

9,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Gaian 0
Elaan glanced up at Aya out of the corner of his eye and frowned slightly. How were they going to explain this to her? It had been hard enough explaining what was happening when he and Sophia Changed. "Yes, Auntie Melinda is sick right now." He told her after a minute. "But Mommy's friend Luna is going to make her all better." He reassured her. He didn't know a lot about medicine but seeing that Mel was conscious made him worry a lot less.

He looked over at his wife and smiled slightly, squeezing her hand. "So kiddo, have you decided what kind of sandwich you want?" He asked as they walked into the cafeteria. "You have to pick out what kind of juice you want too."
Kris and Ada

Ada listened to what the wolf girl had to say about her captors. Unfortunately she didn't see their faces, but what they said told her more about them than what a description could. These men seemed a bit full of themselves to attack and stab someone in such a small town area. An occurrence like this could be overlooked in the city but in small towns, things like this tend to get noticed. Also the attackers would probably brag about it sooner or later, obviously wanting to send out a message. Ada's phone vibrated, it was a text from Kris. "Found em" Ada smiled, not telling the others of this news.

Meanwhile many miles away back in the city, 4 men sat in a bar half drunk. All of them were laughing their asses off, telling past stories of their violent acts towards past crimes. Normally in a situation like this, the police would be called after the first confession. However these fellows had a reputation a violence, and no one wanted to piss them off... Except for Kris. He sat in the corner, a cold light beer in hand, listening to their conversation. "Well that was easier than I thought... Now time for some swift justice. If they won't get in trouble for stabbing an infected, maybe they'll get in trouble for stabbing a man." He chuckled, chugging down the rest of his beer. "Hey you thugs *hic* picking on people isn't *hic* nice!" Kris stumbled over towards their table. "Who the hell is this f**? So animal f***er!" The four men laughed, kicking over their stools and surrounding Kris. "You're just a bunch of bullies! You *hic* are just a bunch of white trash. You wouldn't last *hic* a minute in a fair fight!" One of the men clenched his fist, giving Kris a left hook to the face. "I'll cut out that tongue!" The man drew his knife putting it to Kris's throat. "I know why *hic* you are so mean to those poor people. Animal f***er.."

A wide grin went across Kris's face, the assailants face drained of blood becoming pale. How did this man know about his girlfriend! "The hell you talking about? I would never love-" From his pocket, Kris whipped out the man's cellphone. He had swiped it earlier when he entered the bar. The picture displayed on the phone was the man and a wolf infected sitting together on a living room couch. The other 3 looked in disbelief, believing that their friend hated all infected. "Now put the knife-" The attacker lunged his knife towards Kris's face. However it was intercepted before it could cause any harm... Kris had used his own hand as a shield. The blade sticking out through the other end, just inches from his face. "That is both assault and attempted murder my friend. That means I have the right to defend my life... Even if that means taking yours." He smiled, punching the man right in the gut. In disbelief the man shrugged over about to puke, only to meet a swift kick to the side of the head. With one man knocked out, the other three charged. Kris caught a left hook with right hand, the hand without the knife sticking through it, re-directing the force of the blow into a hard granite table. The punch busted several fingers of the man and he was sent rolling to the ground crying. A third came at him with a long dagger, lunging towards Kris's chest. Kris tore the knife from his left hand, swiping at the hilt of the dagger wielding attacker. Three bloody fingers hit the ground along with their owner. There was only one man left standing... and he had a handgun. "Drop the knife kid! I don't know who the hell you think you are but don't even think about going all Jackie Chan and s**t." The final man was shaking, he was nervous. Kris dropped the knife, putting both of his hands up in the air. "Hey that's not fair!" He moaned, slowly inching closer towards the gunman. "Now don't move or I'll shoot... you?" With a textbook perfect hick kick, Kris launched the man's handgun into the air, catching it for himself. "Don't bring a gun to a knife fight!" Kris pistol whipped the man hard enough to send several teeth across the barroom floor. Now with all attackers either in pain or unconscious... Now was the time the police decided to show their fat faces.

It only took a few minutes for the police to discover that the man had attacked Kris first... After reviewing the security tapes, it was obvious that these men were fighting to kill. "You sure you okay to drive home... I guess the nearest hospital is that retreat so I'm sure the higher ups won't be pissed off. Plus you finally caught these crooks red handed." an older cop smiled as the 4 men were carried off in ambulances. Kris waved goodbye and drove back to the retreat. Walking back into the clinic, he discovered it filled with people. He was delighted to see that the wolf girl didn't die on them, but was now making a full recovery. Luna however wasn't in the clinic... Where did she run off too? "Hey Luna where are you? I got a cut while shopping!" Kris's left hand was wrapped around in a darkening bandage that was slowly going from white to pink to almost a red.

((Sorry for the late post, just made up 3 weeks of an ap class in a week...))

5,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Aya frowned when her dad told her that her auntie Mel was indeed sick but her smile quickly returned as soon as Elaan added that her aunt would feel better. The toddler then dawned a thoughtful expression when asked what sandwich she would like. After about a minute of thought, the crafty little girl grinned and shouted, "Ummm... Ice cream sandwich , please!" She was proud of her answer because, in her mind, it was a win-win. She would get her ice cream early, and technically, her mom would get what she wanted, which was to have the girl eat a sandwich.

Benevolent Lunatic

24,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Kyle smirked a little as Melinda said she was going to help him through this. It was funny how she always seemed to drop all of her problems to help someone else. He sighed letting her take care of him as much as she could right now. He normally wouldn’t have, seeing as she was the one that needed help, but he was too weak to fight it. And it made her happy.

Kyle’s nose twitched as he smelled alcohol. He doubted that a drink would help him right now. Then he realized that the smell was coming from a person. Kyle opened his eyes. He waited for his elongated pupils to adjust to the light. He looked at Kris. “Luna is dealing with something…What happened to you?” He asked, all of a sudden felling something moving behind him. Slowly, he turned his head to see what it was. He didn’t have a chance to see what was behind him, though. When he had been moving, he caught a glimpse of his…mane. He moved his hand slowly up to his face. He felt around to make sure he wasn’t seeing things. All of the longer hair on his head had seemed to connect to long hair on his chest. His arm hair was also changing color and growing to cover his skin with a coat of fur. Kyle started to shake more, and his face began to burn and hurt. Kyle buried his face at Melinda’s side, into the bed, moaning/growling again.

Luna carefully listened to the little girl’s heart. It sounded perfectly healthy. Luna sighed when Vincent mentioned her daughter. “Emily’s fine. I doubt she will even have a bruise. I think she is more upset that you got mad at her. She sees you as a father figure…” Luna agreed that her daughter shouldn’t have tackled the girl, and she was going to have to talk with Emily later, but it he didn’t need to bark at her either. He wasn’t her father.

Luna was about to say something else when the girl began to move in her arms. She wasn’t surprised that the girl was frightened; Luna was technically a predator. Luna laughed a little when she stopped squirming, noticing that the stethoscope was attracting her attention. Luna sat the girl down on the bed and let her play with the stethoscope. “I’m not going to hurt you little one.” Luna said, taking the earpieces of the stethoscope and placing them into her ears. Luna carefully grabbed the disk end and put it up to her own heart to let the girl listen. “Do you like that sound?

Emily thought for a moment before answering. “I am a little hungry….Okay.” Emily said, leading her to the kitchen.

Shy Regular

Melinda looked over to the man who came in looking for Luna and was relieved when Kyle told him where Luna was. Then she saw him starting to form a mane and knew he was becoming a lion. She looked behind him to see the tail starting to form and saw the look of pain on Kyle's face when she turned back to him. She wished there was more she could do to help him through this pain, but all she could do was be there for him.

"It will get better, Kyle, I am sure of it, just keep it together a little longer. Take a deep breath and allow yourself to relax, if you don't, it will hurt more,"she told him quietly. She rubbed his back and hoped the pain would start to lessen for him very soon.

Sophia gave her husband a grateful smile, glad he had been the one to tell their daughter what was going on with Melinda. When her daughter asked for an ice cream sandwich, Sophia brought her hand up to her mouth and coughed to cover her laugh.

"I think you need something with a little more nutrition in it, sweetpea. Would you rather have a ham sandwich, a cheese sandwich, a PB& J sandwich, or some egg salad?"Sophia asked, giving her daughter some choices.

Benevolent Lunatic

24,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Kyle did as Melinda told him and tried to breathe deeply. It didn’t really help. There was something else that wasn’t helping either. He could feel Ada and Kris watching his every movement. Kyle let out a growl, pushing himself out of his chair with all of his strength. He staggered over to the privacy curtain, yanking it closed, breaking some of the rings as he did. He didn’t realize that how much strength he now had, even with his muscles still feeling like they were on fire.

Kyle didn’t sit back down. He couldn’t with the pain coming from his lower back. He knew that the tail was forming now. He paced back and forth in the area that he could. His face felt like he had fallen face first onto cement, and someone was moving his bones around. It was all unbearable. He was surprised that he was still standing. Kyle sighed, closing his eyes taking a deep breath.

The next thing he knew, Kyle was looking up at the ceiling. He sighed, seeming to be a little more at ease in a lying down position. “Mel, don’t try to get up. I’m fine down here. It’s…surprisingly comfortable.” Kyle reached up his arm and held out his hand for her to hold. He didn’t want her to tear any of her stitches by moving, and he figured holding his hand would comfort her enough not to try to get down and help him. Plus he liked holding her hand. It seemed to help him relax. As he waited for her hand to intertwine with his, he looked at his hand, which now had claws and was covered in fur.

5,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Aya frowned when her attempt to get ice cream early was shot down but the choices of sandwiches seemed great so again, she took a couple of minutes to think about her answer. "Umm.... I would like PB&J but I'll be getting ice cream later so that would be too much sweets.... Hmmm..... Can I have ham sandwich, please." she said before smiling and rubbing her face against her dad's head. She likes how the man's fur felt against her cheek. "Extra lettuce, please!" she added.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff