Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Capitalist

User ImageUser Image

"I do not understand," confessed the blonde, treading somewhat wantonly alongside Naomi. He absentmindedly held out a gloved hand and watched flakes of snow as they speckled the surface of the fabric. He did not seem concerned with where precisely they were heading, content enough just to head there. "If you dread something so deeply, why do you still go? Perhaps staying in the open without being captured against your will is also an option. It may be a false dilemma." He lowered his hand but retained his thoughtful demeanor.

"Of course I am aware that it is the way of most to honor the will of one's elders and family before asserting personal desires, but - and please, forgive me if I have misconceived my impression of you, Naomi-san - you do not seem as tethered to expectations as most others I have met in my life." He nearly said "most humans," as he thought of them within his mind, but caught himself before slipping. "It would be so easy to simply not lock yourself away, would it not?"

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Walking the village Feeling: Patient Company: Naomi Sato

Romantic Fairy

8,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
                User Image
                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'M A WILDFLOWER GROWING IN THE SUNSHINE

Blinking away the flakes of snow that landed on her lashes, Naomi continued walking towards the edge of the village. She didn't know til just moments ago where she was headed instinctively, but now she did. She wrapped her arms around herself underneath her cloak. She knew an outsider would not understand right away. It was a very hard situation to explain. "It's not so simple. If it were, I would never have spent a single second locked away like we are."

Reaching the edge of the village, Naomi walked behind a large building to where the forest began. In the brush, there were already small plants trampled down from her coming and going many times. It was her own little secret. Another secret she was now to share with Sen. Explaining herself for just a moment, she changed the subject. "I come here often to get away from this place. We are not supposed to leave the village without the elders permission, but you know me." She held a large branch at bay while she made her way into the forest, making sure the branch didn't hit Sen on the way in.

Thinking of how to answer his questions, Naomi led them further and further in. The fresh layer of untouched snow made it a little harder to get through, but she didn't mind. Eventually, they found themselves at a clearing in the woods. In the center was a small lake, with the sun shining down. It was not completely frozen over yet in some areas since winter had only just begun. This was the place she spent most of her time. Where she could be alone with nature and to her thoughts. Away from the demands of life. She breathed in the fresh air, her eyes closed for a moment, before she began walking down the hill to a large gathering of rocks not far from the waters edge. They created a small cave where the entire lake could be seen still. It was her favorite place to be in all the world.

Naomi sat underneath the rocks inside the cave, where snow had not touched, and looked towards the water. She had finally gathered her thoughts enough to answer him. Looking him in the eyes she said, "You are correct in your assumption. Nonetheless, it's not something I can push away right now." She breathed in a shaky breath and looked down and away from him, pulling her legs towards her. "If I deny the elders wishes of being locked away, I would be denying the entire village. I'm afraid that they would cast me out of the village and I would have to find another place to call home. If I were to secretly escape from where I am to be locked up and return before they released us, I would also have to find somewhere else to live. Either way, I would have to leave. And.. I don't know if I would be able to find somewhere else. I've never left the village other than to come here. I don't know how to survive on my own.." She felt the prickle of tears wanting to escape, but Naomi straightened herself and held her emotions at bay.

LOCATION LAKE SIDE EMOTION DEFEATED COMPANY SEN

8,400 Points
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Friendly 100
    User Image

Enter my web, enjoy, relax, talk to me.
    I do you no harm, unless you dare step on one of my feet.

Shivering Noxus' eyes open. His joints feel like they are moving through tar as he blinks a few times. He can not see anything but the color white. He gasps in horror and reaches to touch his face only to move some of the white wet substance which is currently covering him head to toe. Snow. The leaves he remembers here on this very spot are no more. Sighing he stretches his arms which feel like jelly. He kicks up his legs and the snow clears off of them. Soon he wiggles free from the snow that until a moment ago was on top of him. He starts to warm up due to the Kimono which is draped on him. As if he reflex he reaches for the top of his head to check if his horns are intact. They are, so he relaxes.

He grins a little as he stretches his arms above his head. Taking a deep breath. He engages in a form which is more suitably human.

"Better." He mutters and the smile disappears to more of a blank face. Winter has begun. He takes a deep breath and exhales watching his warm breath catch the air. This is not good for him. Not good at all. A plan, he had a plan. Which is now completely in ruins. Sluggish he yawns. Guess he'll have to make it up as he goes along. He begins walking through the trees, slowly. Each foot step slowly waking him up.

Then his face hits a tree, knocking snow loose and falling on his head. He's now soaking wet now. Grumbling he turns his head to see an interesting development. A snow fort. Unsure how he got that he steps closer sniffing the air. Human. A human built this. He wonders if the human is around here somewhere. He also wonders what is inside the fort. Maybe he can get dry. He walks around the fort to find the entrance.

̶̷̸̲̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̲̅̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̲̅̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅

αтη: Near a Snow Fort

ø:Soaking wet
    αη¥: Self 
    Ѻ¢¢: ---------

Shapeshifter

14,950 Points
    • Friend of the Goat 100
    • Mega Tipsy 100
    ________₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪✵₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
    ________White demon love song down the hall.
    ________White demon shadow on the road.
    _____________Back up your mind, there is a call.
    _____________He isn't coming after all~
    ________₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪✵₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Fuzen The Winter Demon

User Image

▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬

Fuzen actually felt a little joy in holding someone again. There was something about his arms around something another that just made his worries and problems dissolve. He felt something he had not felt in at least fifteen years; a moment of true happiness. Everything was so peaceful, Mitsuko was warming up to him, and then he heard her words. The two sentences made for a strange mix. She didn't want him to go, because she wanted to pet his fur? That was an interesting thought. Mitsuko just petting a giant sabretooth without worry. Fuzen looked into her eyes as she looked up at him. He didn't mind her playing with his hair in the least. He wasn't sure what closing her eyes was meant to be. Was she trying to think about something, or was she trying to visualize his feline form?

Fuzen placed his hand over hers, "You do not have to go, you know? I do not have to leave you until next winter, either. We could run away, right now, and never look back. You know what will happen if they find out. They will either lock you away forever, or track me down until they kill me. To stay in this village, and for them to find out; it means the end of us. I will say this again -- Are you willing to possibly love a demon, or would you rather me leave and never come back?" He was very serious about this question. If Mitsuko accepted possibly trying to let him win her heart, then to stay in this village was suicidal. Fuzen could possibly travel here in the summer, but he would be very disoriented and would not be able to defend himself. If she would leave with him, he could protect her from being punished for his mistakes, and they... would do what? If she turned out to not fall in love with him, what would he do? Fuzen would just drop her back off in the village like a returned abductee? He didn't think any of this through. He wished he had done a little plan-making before saying something.

▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬

• Mitsuko's home.

• Mood ::
      • Unsure, but happy again

• Company ::
      • Mitsuko

• OOC ::

Bloody_Dark_Beauty

Romantic Cutie-Pie

8,300 Points
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Friendly 100
    • Wall Street 200
    User Image

User Image

M I T S U K OxxH I R A NO

User Image

{Location: Home}
    {Emotion: Curious}
    {Company: Fuzen}

Mitsuko found it interesting that Fuzen was still holding her and letting her play with his hair. Now, her hand was on his cheek. It was the gesture that he had done to her earlier which was why she thought she could do it. Her eyes open when he spoke to her, but her heart beat did not slow down. His statement surprised her because it was nothing of what she was thinking. She never thought of running away from home, especially not with a demon. But, this demon was different. He was not like the stories. Fuzen was kind, sweet, made her laugh and he seemed to care about her. A blush covered her cheeks as she thought about what she wanted to do.

She would have to leave her family behind and never see them again, but she would never see them again if she was locked up. Also, she really didn't like the thought of not seeing Fuzen again. A frown covered her lips when he spoke about being killed. She didn't want him to be killed because of her. Mitsuko shook her head as she turned around in his arms. Her arms wrapped around his neck and she rested her head on his chest "I will go with you..." She just didn't know how she was going to be able to make it up in the mountains. Fuzen would probably have to teach her things.

User Image User Image User Image

DarthLowingrad

8,400 Points
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Friendly 100
    User Image

Noxus shivers as he circles the fort. He has not found a door to enter. He can feel the water that has soaked him is turning into ice. He happens to be risking becoming an icicle at this point. He's not a winter demon. He's not a fire demon. He can't handle the cold like other demons. He sneezes knowing that he would get a cold at this point. Demon colds were worse than human colds. Also they are pretty severe to him. Perhap a snow fort would not be the best location for him to be at. The snow has caused his eyelashes to freeze in the open position. If he had a guess right now he'd believe that his lips were the color purple because his hands were going in that direction. Okay, maybe he wouldn't get a cold at this point.

Hypothermia became a greater worry in his mind. He could almost see smoke in the distance. A town perhaps? He slowly took a step towards the town. His legs creaked frozen over. Determine not to die he walks in inches toward the smoke he believes is a town. The snow continues to fall on him as he make his way. He rubs his frozen hands on his freezing arms attempting to warm them up.

"Closer." He mutters as he sees how close the town is to him. "Closer." He continues with each step toward the town. He sneezes after a sixth step. This fight has begun.

̶̷̸̲̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̲̅̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̲̅̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅ ̶̷̸̶̷̸̲̲̅̅

αтη: Near a Snow Fort

ø:Soaking wet
    αη¥: Self 
    Ѻ¢¢: ---------
    User Image

NECROMANCY:

DON’T HATE

LOVE

KILL

REANIMATE

The night was almost upon the sky. While the sun was setting, a shroud of black smoke materialized by the first shadow made by a dead tree near a meadow. The tattered, smoke colored shroud grew forth from the darkness, and a being stood on the outskirts of a meadow. He had white hair and had pale skin. He wore hardly enough clothing to keep warm in the cold, but the cold no longer bothered him. He looked about the dead field of flowers in smiled. "If only they all could see what I see. How beautiful in death the flowers are." He raised a hand and swept it slowly across the field, making the dead flowers blossom from black, thorned, frozen stems, as black as his shadow was against the failing light. "Perhaps now I will find someone who shares my passion for the final art of this world and the birth of the next." He saw a temple across from the meadow. He knew that all of the women in the village were supposed to be there to keep them safe. Death was usually welcome in temples, churches and holy establishments. But he could not enter there without an invitation, or if someone inside needed to pass on. He was here on personal business, and did not feel like waiting for a death to befall the house. He could perhaps knock on the window and beckon someone to come outside instead. The un-life outside was a pleasing sight to the eyes, especially next to the snow. The cold always made death more rigid, provided seemingly malformed bodies of plants and water with a beautiful structure. There was a reason that death and the cold easily associated. He had to show someone what he saw. He knew it.

Where:

The outskirts of trees next to a meadow

With:

Black flowers
    Feeling:

Happily dead

OOC:

((How is everyone? Still trying to catch up on where everybody is and what they are doing. Happy RPing!))

8,400 Points
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Friendly 100
    User Image

Noxus found footsteps. He stared at them hopefully as he followed them. Moments passed before the sight of the town even hit him. By that point he looked like nothing more than a popsicle covered in snow almost to the point of having hyperthermia. As a demon he wouldn't die of such human illnesses. They'd essentially be nothing more than a cold. There were icicles dripping off his arms and pant legs. He'd spent too much time in the snow and it was really apparent. He sighed as the footsteps seemed to go on. Then he spotted someone. He recognised it as another one of his kind. A demon anyway. He wasn't sure what kind.

"Hey." He greeted the other one. "....Uh. Do you happen to know which village this is?" To anyone else he would look like he was hardly alive and possibly a dying human. He wasn't but that's what he looked like. He looked as if most of him was in a layer of ice. Making it harder for him to move. So he raised his hand upward slowly cracking the ice that had formed around his right arm. The sound of it falling off his arm was slightly like that of glass breaking.

αтη: Edge of the meadow

ø:Turning into an icicle
    αη¥: Marcus Blackwood 
    Ѻ¢¢:
    superbzapter
    User Image

NECROMANCY:

DON’T HATE

LOVE

KILL

REANIMATE

At the sound of the breaking Ice, Marcus grabbed his ears. "Auugh! That was unpleasant. And this is the village where they hide the women every year. I thought another demon would know that." The look of death on the demon's face was quite appealing however. It was disappointing that he could not actually die. It would have made a pretty picture. He turned his attention to the temple, and tried to think about how he was going to get in there. He turned his attention back to the demoncicle, "Name is Marcus, friend. What is yours?"

Where:

With:

Insert_Sanity

Feeling:

Happily dead

OOC:

((How is everyone? Still trying to catch up on where everybody is and what they are doing. Happy RPing!))

8,400 Points
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Friendly 100
    User Image

'What are the chances?' Noxus thought.

"I see." He grinned a little. "My -- ACHOO!" He sneezed and all the ice fell off him as his body shook. It was pretty loud. "Appologies."

He pulled a handkerchief out of his pocket and wiped off his nose. "My name is Noxus but you can call me Nox." He smiled faintly then looked toward the town wondering if he could possibly get warm somewhere. He began to ponder where the human girls were right now.

αтη: Edge of the meadow

ø:Turning into an icicle
    αη¥: Marcus Blackwood 
    Ѻ¢¢:
    superbzapter
    I am doing pretty well. Sorry for not answering before. biggrin
    User Image

NECROMANCY:

DON’T HATE

LOVE

KILL

REANIMATE

Marcus was quickly losing patience with the loud noises. "Pleasure to meet you Noxus. Let's find you someplace warm, and I think the women are in that temple up there, but I am not entirely sure." He pointed up above the meadow and was trying to think of a way to keep Noxus warm. He did not care that the demon looked like it was dying. Marcus actually thought it was a good look for him, but the loud noises were going to drive him nuts. He started walking towards the temple and gestured for Noxus to follow. When he got to the door of the temple, he knocked on the door and waited for someone to come down to the door.

Where:

With:

Insert_Sanity

Feeling:

Loud Noises!

OOC:

((Its all good!))

Fashionable Capitalist

User ImageUser Image

Sen followed along with Naomi unquestioningly; her route was not something that particularly concerned him. Rather, as they walked together, mostly he listened. He listened to what she felt she needed to tell him and he listened to her explaining about these places that were important to her, about what the little abandoned clearing and grotto meant to her. He was familiar, of course, with this place already; it was part of his domain. He had been unaware that it held any importance to anything aside from the trees and shrubs that grew from it. Sen was reminded for the two-hundredth time in his life that, every once in a while, a human became part of the world over which he presided, existing within it for a while like any animal might.

While he listened, Sen also slowly passed judgment about this girl. The first one he had met, the girl with the firewood, he had already forgotten her name. She had not stricken him as a worthy match. It was not that he thought ill of the first girl, but rather that she simply seemed too feeble. If he was seeking a new mother to bare his next heir - or heirs - he could not imagine putting such a duty upon one who could not bare to have just as much vitality or durability as the forest itself. He wondered that she might step poorly one day and simply break. Sen imagined that there were possible scenarios wherein such a person might be an appealing partner, perhaps to another who had interest in nurturing creatures or soaking them in indiscriminate protection, like a parent, but that did not describe Sen or his will or his intentions.

This Naomi, though, she was not so feeble. She was human, of course, and not protected against the elements like a bear or a matsu tree, but those were small inconveniences he was perfectly equipped to address. Furthermore, she was wide-eyed and aware, she had healthy strands of daring and defiance in her, she was not afraid of risk and had already proven that, in small part, she could navigate dangers and had a will to actually live while she was alive. Then, in spite of all that, she still had a sense for self-preservation. She actually was not strikingly different from the companion he had taken to bare his last two offspring many decades before and who had since passed away.

"This is a charming place," he observed mildly as they stepped into the mouth of the placid cave, feigning that he had never before encountered it. Humans liked compliments, he reminded himself. Following her lead, he found a seat on a stone next to her.

Hearing her illumination on the subject of the village's mandate, he inclined his head. "Is your concern that you will be banished from your friends and home, or simply that you will not know how to survive any other place by lonesome? One is remedied much more simply than the other. In truth, if it is only the latter a question occurs to me: why would you not seek to take a demon as your companion and leave this place?"

Lake near the edge of the forest Feeling: Patient Company: Naomi Sato

Romantic Fairy

8,750 Points
    • Forum Junior 100
    • Millionaire 200
    • Brandisher 100
                  User Image
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'M A WILDFLOWER GROWING IN THE SUNSHINE

This idea was a surprise. Naomi had never thought of such a thing. She was raised to believe that demons were evil, cruel creatures. So that is what she was led to believe. Though she personally had never met or even seen one, so what proof did she have to go on? If she knew for sure that demons were not what the elders led the townspeople to believe then the thought might have crossed her mind. She had always felt trapped because of the wishes of the elders, and without any way out of her fate. But now, suddenly, gears were working in her mind.

Now Naomi looked into Sen's eyes, a fire burning inside her once more. "I love my family dearly, but if I were to be banished for refusing to be locked away then I would accept my fate. It would be a better alternative than to be locked away like an animal. The only reason I have not run is, yes, because I know I could not survive without anywhere to go." She pursed her lips a moment, her mind wandering about what these demons were actually like. She often wondered, but anything she could come up with was purely imagination.

"The elders have always told everyone what vial creatures the demons are." Naomi turned to watch the snow fall gently onto the glistening lake. It was a sight she loved to see. Though one she could only glimpse for a day, maybe two, before she was hidden from it. She loved nature. Loved the sights, the smells, the sounds. All of it. "I've spent most of my life venturing in these woods without their knowledge. And yet I've never seen a demon, that I am aware of. No one in the village has. Everyone follows what the elders say blindly and ask no questions. I've just never known for sure what they are truly like. Maybe if I met one who was not a cruel being like the legends say, then maybe I would. Who knows. Maybe I could even love one."

Turning to face him once more, Naomi watched him for a few moments before sighing. "Until I meet one for myself, to know what a demon is truly like, I am stuck here. There isn't much else of an option for me other than to try and survive on my own."

LOCATION LAKE SIDE EMOTION DETERMINATION COMPANY SEN

User Image

NECROMANCY:

DON’T HATE

LOVE

KILL

REANIMATE

No one ever came to open the door. He was certain that Noxus was going to be a demon-cicle sometime soon, so he started moving from house, to building to house knocking on doors. Maybe they were told not to open their doors for anyone at night because they could be a demon. Well, death had jurisdiction everywhere, and Noxus was driving him nuts. He came to a building similar to the temple they saw before, but instead of knocking on the door, he put his hand on Noxus' back and pushed him through the door, phasing him in without a sound or damage. He then phased through himself. He did not know whos building he was in. He just wanted to get Noxus out of the cold so his annoying abrupt loud sounds would stop.

Where:

A random building

With:

Insert_Sanity

Feeling:

Loud Noises!

OOC:

((I take it we are playing hide and seek with the ladies. ; P ))

Fashionable Capitalist

User ImageUser Image

Sen leaned back against the cave wall from where he sat, taking careful note of how she chose to answer him. Much to his fortune, the things she was saying suited his needs and encouraged his goals. He could not recall a season when things had gone so smoothly. In its own way, the whole thing seemed almost unnatural, but he reminded himself that his efforts had only just started; even if things continued to progress with such finesse there was a long road ahead. Some great pieces of his world as took hardly moments to flower into their best stages, others took ages to develop into their full majesty.

"I have met some," he said coolly, matter-of-fact as if he were telling her he had tried rice balls before. He watched the look on her face as she heard those words, certain she had not seen them coming. "I told you that I have spent vast lengths of time in the wild, and in so much time I inevitably encountered a few, perhaps more than even I realized." He turned his eyes coolly towards a little raccoon dog that hand wandered over to the mouth of the cave and was now sitting quietly watching them.

"I get the impression that you would like to know if what you have been told is true, so I will tell you," he continued, shifting again as if he were getting comfortable in preparation of a long stay. His icey-blond hair fluttered gently as a cold breeze found its way into the shallow cavern. "Demons are... not all the same, the way that humans are. When you meet another human, you have a fairly good idea what he might be like just because he is a human. Certainly there is variety, but for the most part you can expect him to move about, speak a language, have thoughts and feelings, perhaps empathy. If he is from somewhere nearby, you can expect him to understand things like culture and respect. He will like when you do nice things for him and grow upset when you harm him or the things that he likes. Occasionally there are exceptions to this, like when someone has insanity or has been horribly traumatized, but generally those exceptions make themselves clear very quickly and all of the other humans will agree that he is not how you expect he should be.

"Demons are not this way. They are not... they are not all of one kind in the way that humans are - do you understand my meaning? Your elders are right that there are demons lurking the shadows who are vile in a thousand ways, who take lifeblood from suffering or who wreak senseless destruction in their paths. However, there are also demons who are very different from that. Some are just spirits of the world, as docile as fawns in springtime who want nothing more than to soak in sunlight and relish the flavor of grass on their tongues. Some are forces of nature, conducting the winds and storms and thunder like a symphony. Some are resources to the world, giving and taking life or luck or fortune. Some are guardian creatures, protecting items or places like a mother would protect her young, and some are simply beasts who have by some curious mysticism grown sentient and enduring." He paused, giving her a moment to digest before speaking further.

"It is not surprising that human culture fears the world of demons, Naomi-San. Imagine that you are a mother caring for her children and there is sickness in your village; imagine that you worry for the safety of your family when, one day, a rat wanders inside of your house. You do not want him there; you do not hate the rat and he has done nothing to you, but even if he does not carry the disease that could harm your family he might still chew away the seams of your good rice sacks or eat away at your food or breed and start an infestation. You probably cannot just ask the rat to leave, but you want him to get out, so what do you do? You stomp, you roar, you attack him with a broom to force him out and scare him away. If he is terribly persistent or problematic, you may even be tempted to set out a trap or a poison and be through with the problem for good. After all, if you have to choose between harming a rat or allowing it to spread plague to your entire family, the choice seems simple.

"Now imagine that, instead of a mother, you are a human explorer. You come upon a lush valley and quickly settle a small home. You tear away the grass and dig up stone to build a sturdy foundation, you till up fields to plant your own crops, and you introduce strange animals to the land. Soon, you invite your family and all your friends to this new promised land and they all do the same. Then, one day, a hulking beast the likes of which you have never seen bears down upon you and your family: he tears away your houses, and destroys your fields. You try to rebuild, but soon he comes again and the damage he does is worse, this time he leaves your cousins wounded from his assault. The cycle continues until eventually you have lost lives and fear the demon as a vicious beast. You are scarred for life by the thought that demons like the one you faced are cruel and evil and senselessly destructive. You do not realize that the next fearsome beast, the next demon, you meet is a gentle creature who has saved a thousand lives with his cleansing magicks, and instead label him as evil, too. All this grows through stories, even though all the first demon truly knew is that you and your fellow humans came into his home and started tearing away at it, and when he tried to stop you, you refused to leave and just did the same thing over again."

Lake near the edge of the forest Feeling: Illuminating Company: Naomi Sato

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff