Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Grabber

8,775 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
<==============================>
Antonio Ziegfield
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I can serve up two things. A good martini, and a bullet for all sizes of skulls.
<==============================>

Ziegfield nodded lightly to her as she explained why she was wearing the mask, but found the mask moot. The Guards usually knew who was doing what within the city, so if they already knew who she was underneath her mask, then it was most likely that they already knew of her identity. Then again, with a body like her's, it was doubtful anyone would not know who she was if they ran into her on a busy street.

Zieg closed the door behind her as she began to get down to business, explaining what she wanted as well as what she was offering. Immediately, his eyes took noticed to of the flashgun as well as the thermal weapon. As she began to explain the flashgun, a device he had heard about in passing for a countermeasure against any Elect that relied on sight for their powers, his eyes studied the damaged thermal weapon for how to fix it as quickly as possible. It was always nice to have a back-up, and a back-up of his favorite weapon was something he had wanted greatly.

"I have a system for finding bugs, and the bugs that are in the building I keep as they are in places noone would reveal anything incriminating in," he replied to her as she then asked if he would like to know who was behind the recent bombing at the hospital.

"Information is always welcome within these walls, so long as they stay within the walls," he replied to her as he began to briefly type up a couple of things on his PDA so that he could figure out how much it would cost to purchase the parts to repair any of the damaged weaponry.

Condition: Green
Mood: Thinking
Interacting with: Eaon Verite

Time was of the essence. The sun had gone down over an hour ago and Ariadnae's meeting was most likely in secession. He had no radio from Renee but his ear was buzzing with chatter. It seemed there was so sort of hold up. The guards had eyes on her, but were reluctant to get involved because who ever was in pursuit of her was an elect and armed at that.

If had known this, he would have sent Joanna after Renee and handled the library on his own. So instead he came in loud and clear. "If there is trouble don't let the b***h die, you hear me. Take this elect in if you can or at least distract him." Vex starting shooing the nurse away as she finished giving him the information he wanted about Cassandra. The woman huffed, and walked off dropping the clip board a the end of bed.

"Yeah, just take up the library out on your own. And bring Renee back to me safely. Hole-less, you ******** hear me! Hole-less! Not one gun shot wound-- not one." Vex was growling like a wild animal at this point. So much so his men kept saying 'hello, hey does anyone else hear static?' every few seconds.

He looked over at Cassandra then, she seemed fully conscious. He pressed the button on the communicator in his other ear and drew a breath. "Please unlock Miss Carmen Nilkuha and put her in my office under supervision. But be sure to secure Karthus and Ayano. I don't want them getting lose."

There was a 'yes sir' on the other end as he moved to the bed where Cassandra was and had a seat on the edge. His eyes looked her over. "How are you feeling?" The tone of his voice was very serious. "That nurse of mine is a real b***h, remind me to fire her." He shifted then and reached down with both hands to pick her up by the arms. "See if you can sit. But don't ********] Vex was about to raise his voice, but he didn't. Instead, he smiled. "Don't hurt yourself."

In the meantime, four guards moved in to help Renee and two tossed grenades in through the library window.

User Image

Shameless Nerd

User Image

Cassandra June Marchesi
Outfit

Vex was yelling. A lot. His voice snarling orders at whoever was at the other end of his communicator. Cass instinctively looked around the room for someplace to hide. Her heart leaped to her throat when he dismissed the nurse. She hadn't had the best of bedside manner, but now Cass was in a room alone with an angry Vex.

Except he wasn't being angry with her? Vex was confusing the hell out of Cass. Not that, she admitted, that was difficult to do. So were her emotions about him. Why couldn't life be easier to understand?

"I'm much better now, thank you." Thank you? Thank you? What was wrong with her? She was in Vex's infirmary, not a tea party. "Um...I thought...I thought you killed people like me..."

Why was she bringing that up? Cass was convinced she had no sense of self-preservation what-so-ever. She was also coming to the conclusion hormones were stupid.

User Image

Vex figured she wasn't really grateful, although she ought have been. She was simply use to saying 'thank you' after such questions were asked and she gave the appropriate answer. However, Vex had kept her from harm and would do the same for Alisa if necessary. He wasn't sure yet if Cassandra's motor skills were working because she hadn't used much effort to support herself up. He was now holding her there firmly, afraid if he released her she would fall over and go into a seven day coma.

But what surprised him was not her lack of trying. No. It was the look on her face and tone of her voice when she claimed she thought he killed people like her; it had gone from a normal tone to the squeak of a church mouse and she looked rather embarrassed for asking. "You thought I--" He placed a single hand over his chest, eyes narrowing again, then-- Vex burst into laughter. Wild, uncontrollable, chuckles that called several heads to peek into the room. It was not a familiar noise, but it was glorious and felt spectacular.

"Sir? Are you alright?" One of the nurses asked hesitant to enter.

But Vex was in a joyous mood. "Yes, yes. I'm fine." He looked back at the girl; the smile on his face genuine. "Cassandra, I do what needs to be done in order to keep Salem from anarchy. I mean, what would I gain from killing you?" It was a serious question. "Nothing. All the more reason to keep you alive and well." Vex patted her face gently. "I have wronged you in the past. Separated you from your family. And for that, I am sorry. The pressures of being ruler call for me to make hard choices at times." He wasn't. But he was on a roll now. She had to get this thought out of her head. Or some way or another, she would convince Alisa to keep away.

User Image

Shameless Nerd

User Image

Cassandra June Marchesi
Outfit

Cass was convinced Vex was going to kill her right there and then when he narrowed his eyes at her. She probably would have actually tried to get away if he didn't have a firm grip on her arm.

And then he laughed. Real, honest laughter. Cass couldn't help but smile at him. She was used to people laughing at her and it was nice to know that this was a constant. Particularly with what a weird day it had been so far.

'Okay. I guess being responsible for everyone isn't easy. You should know you have some terrible PR though." Cass was quiet for a moment, 'Can I go home now?"

Interesting Phantom

User Image
█ ` LOCATION: Vex's Office
█ ` FEELING: Alert
█ ` WITH: Guards

Carmen looked around at the cell, and then back to Ayano as the red haired woman answered her. "I'm not surprised..." Carmen muttered, referring to Vex. She brushed off a bit of dirt off her blouse, then gave up. She scooted closer to Ayano and Karth, gauging their conditions. "Doctor Vandel," she said cautiously, examining the Karth's face. Being in a cell, there was nothing that they could use to ease discomfort if he was not all right... Carmen cursed lowly and then rushed over to Karth's other side, helping Ayano in her attempt to help the doctor stand. His arm was heavy as Carmen draped it over her shoulder. Her free hand pressed against his waist to make his body stay upright. This wasn't working...

There was a sudden increase in weight on Carmen's shoulders when Ayano left to lean on the wall, not looking too well herself.
                                        "You both need to sit down," Carmen observed, talking quietly as to not attract attention from outside. The jail was as silent as the morgue. Staggering, Carmen slowly supported Karth to the wall next to Ayano, helping him lean against the wall in a sitting posture. Then she turned to Ayano, who seemed to be on the verge of fainting again. "We'll find a way to get out of here," Carmen corrected her, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Sit down, Ayano. We need to think, and your body needs to regain its strength." Her legs sunk down as Carmen sat next to Karth and Ayano, her right hand reaching over to massage her left arm. She racked her brains for any solutions, but none of her ideas were plausible or even safe... she massaged her temples before turning her head to glance at the others. What did they have? Carmen could phase through walls and Ayano could control fire. From her knowledge of how Vex worked, it was not necessary to confirm that they would not be able to use their abilities here. Karth had his extensive medical knowledge which could make the difference between life and death, but he was unconscious.

"We might just have to wait it out," Carmen told the others bluntly, looking out through their cell bars. They only had a view of the cell directly across. The prisoner was slumped in the back with head bowed.

Time crawled past at a snail's pace.

There was no way to tell how long they would have to stay in here... a couple of days, or months? No, not months. Ayano was too high on the wanted Elects List for that.
                                        A pair of steel boots arrived in front of the three. Carmen's eyes lifted up to see two guards, one holding a big ring of keys and the other holding a gun. A small buzz came from the lock as the guard announced, "Carmen Nilkuha. You are coming with us." A pause came from the end of the cell before the guard lost his patience and strode to the back, clapping cuffs on Carmen and pulling her out.

Vex's Office

Although the room was completely empty, she could practically feel all of the cameras recording her, could sense the presence of the guards stationed right outside the door. Vex's desk was less than two meters away... it was a strange feeling. Carmen crossed her legs in the chair close to the center of the room, subtly taking in the environment in a casual manner while her eyes scanned the office ceilings.

User Image

Business Businessman

Detective Inspector Thomas Raines

User Image

"The Library...?" The Detective repeated with an inquisitive tone before snatching the mobile phone from Alisa's hands and checking the small exchange between herself and Delilah. If he remembered correctly, she was the manager of the Confections Cafe where he met the young girl he was standing beside.

He glanced back at Alisa, frustration bubbling under his features.
"This is an obvious trap." He grumbled. Her expression when reading the message showed that it wasn't a request that she was used to, and in light of the orchestrated attack and kidnap of several elects, it was too suspicious for him to conclude anything else.

On the other hand, if that were true, then it was very possible that Vex would show up there to reap the rewards of his cunning plans much like he did in this situation. That was a second chance that Tom couldn't afford to miss out on. With the way things seemed, he concluded that Alisa was being specifically targeted for whatever reason. Her sister and the others could be in serious danger if she didn't show at all.

"You've said that you will be there. They'll be expecting you now, but we have the element of surprise." He thought for a short second, and then came up with an idea. Pulling out his own phone and dialling furiously.

"Hello. Yes, Raines. I need an armed squad posted at the city library ASAP. No, I understand that everyone is dealing with the fire. I have reason to believe that there is going to be another attack." The woman on the other end asked who was carrying out the horrible attacks, and a smirk flashed on his face.
"Terrorists. Elect terrorists. They must have been planning this for months. Tell them to bring in anyone acting suspicious. If this attack does happen, then I want the bastards nailed. Capture them alive, I need to get to the bottom of this."
He couldn't say 'Vex'. They would think that he was crazy, but he was hoping that this way could potentially lead to any targets that Vex had his eye on besides Alisa would end up in police custody, where Tom could keep his eye on them, rather than Vex's circle of cruelty. At the very least, it would throw a large spanner in the works.

Thomas wasn't taking this sitting down, and he wanted Vex to know it. He had said terrorists, elect terrorists, so the units called to the library would be heavily armed and ready to take on anything.

He gestured for Alisa to hold out her hand and passed her his trusty revolver. It looked massive in her small hands, but it would still be possible for her to use it.

"I would have preferred to give you something more humane for you to protect yourself with. But we don't have many options right now. If anyone tries to take you, or you see Vex. Do yourself a favour and shoot them. Don't worry about getting in trouble..."

He took her free hand and started to walk at a brisk pace towards the library as the units that he called for mobilized.

"...I'll deal with it."

Sparkly Kitten

13,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Alisa Jane Marchesi

l o c a t i o n : Heading to the Library.
m o o d / t h o u g h t s : Worried, mixed up.
w i t h : D.I. Raines.
o u t f i t

He passed her phone back to her, her eyes wandering up to his face as he went about making phone calls. She pocketed it and sighed softly, standing awkwardly in place, her thoughts wandering back to her sister. Taken by Vex. What was happening, was he hurting her? No, if she began thinking horrible things like that...

Suddenly, he gestured for her hand suddenly, and she offered it, her face turning to pure surprise when he put the large gun in her hand. She could only just hold it in the one hand. The idea of firing it... would she even have the strength to pull the trigger if it came to it? Taking in his words, Alisa felt him take her other hand and start leading her from the hospital to the library. She stumbled a bit as they first began walking, but she clutched everything together and steadied he footing.

First, this detective accidentally finds out she's an elect, than her sister finds out, and then she met Luke, and now everything was falling apart around her. The careful tip-toeing around her and her sister did had failed them. Their parents had separated from them to keep them from being chased by Vex, but he finally caught up with them. Alisa's eyes fell to the ground as they moved.

"Trouble... By... this point, I guess it wouldn't matter what trouble I got in, Detective Inspector Raines." It was really hard for her to be optimistic, Cass was the one who usually did a good job of lifting the spirits of a gloomy situation.

Business Businessman

User Image

A few short moments passed before Tom's phone buzzed. He had received a message saying that the police unit was on its way, and would arrive very shortly. He promptly deleted it and shoved the phone back into his pocket.

He walked with purpose and a stern expression. There were rumours circulating that the library was sometimes used for Elect meetings, which gave the detective all the more reason to be suspicious of the choice of location. This entire thing reeked of foul-play.

He was unarmed right now, but he still had a few things going for him. The first being that no-one would be aware that he was with Alisa, and the second being his superior athletic ability and finally his skill in hand to hand combat. He was a brawler for the most part, but he was damn good at it. For a man nearing 40, he was in peak physical condition. He had to be if he wanted to survive in his line of work.

He glanced down at Alisa, and couldn't help but be reminded of Sue again, except for one minor difference. Sue was always smiling, she only stopped right at the very end. He had no doubt that even in this situation, she would have simply walked with an optimistic smile.

There were no smiles between the girl and the detective. Though he did offer her a comment in attempt to calm her nerves. Despite his gravelly voice, it held a fatherly tone.

"No. It doesn't matter, because I can tell that you're a good kid, Alisa. And these guys are not going to get away with this."

He felt a little awkward afterwards, and was silent for a while after he said that. Afterwards, he realised that now was a chance to ask the question that had been haunting him since yesterday.

"Who was the young man I saw you with last night?" She would have to answer him quickly, they were getting close.

Sparkly Kitten

13,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Alisa Jane Marchesi

l o c a t i o n : Heading to the Library.
m o o d / t h o u g h t s : Worried, but slightly better.
w i t h : D.I. Raines.
o u t f i t

She looked up at him as he spoke, it was as if he dad was talking to her, trying to encourage her with what little he could. He was right, though... well... she hoped he was right. But the words he said did make her feel a bit better, and even if he was only dragging her around for his own gain, it made her feel better knowing that someone was out to help her. It made a small smile touch her face.

The silence felt awkward, but his question made it even more so. How did he see her with Luke? Wait... at the cafe... did he follow her? Her face turned red and she looked down at the ground. "Uh, w-well... that was Luke." Was his acting like this because of what happened at the cafe? Oh man, she was feeling so embarrassed. "I had just met him. ...Wh-why do you ask?"

Her question might not be answered, though, seeing as the library was just up ahead. Alisa figured he might not answer anyways, he really had no reason to, at least. She spotted Delilah outside waiting for her, curiosity about her text rising back into her mind.

Business Businessman

User Image

Luke? Just hearing his name alone created so many more questions. But if she really had only just met him, then she was likely in no position to answer them.

"He could be dangerous." That was all he had to say on the matter before the library came into view.

"I have to go now. I can't be seen with you. Don't worry though. I'll be watching, and you have my gun should you need it." He didn't say anything else. He wanted to add cliche things, such as 'I'll put an end to this', or 'I'll protect all of you, it's my job'. But he simply didn't have time.

He darted to one side and approached the library from a more concealed angle. Though he made sure to keep Alisa in eye shot, just in case. He couldn't be seen just yet, as the element of surprise was all he had.
User Image
Climt couldn't wipe the smile off his face if he tried when Ariadnae said yes. Sitting in a chair near by, he looked relaxed even though all his senses were on high-alert. The room was full now and people were still piling into the meeting even after Ariadnae had started.

If he hadn't been listening for it, he wouldn't have heard it. There were two quiet thunks on the ceiling as the grenades tossed landed on the floor of the Library above. Moments later all hell broke loose as the explosives did their job. The basement ceiling was collapsing, crushing those rebels not quick enough or powerful enough to get out of the way.

Climt dove for Ariadnae protecting her with his body as he absorbed the energy of the chuncks of wood and concrete that fell on them. The rubble reduced the shirt he was wearing to tatters, but he remained unharmed.

"Are you okay?" The building seemed to have stopped falling down around their ears for the moment. Climt figured it was probably still best to get to a safe distance, not knowing what else Renee may have planned.

"We should get out of here before the rest of the building collapses."
User Image

Vex sighed at Cassandra and shook his head. "No you cannot leave." He took a step back running his fingers through dark strands of unruly hair and gave her one last look. For the most part, it seemed like she would live and that was good enough.

Honestly, continuing a conversation with her was not something he was in the right mind to do at this point. He may have just wound up shooting him self in the foot. For now, she believed him and was rather calm. She was far to weak to use her power and some how escape, so he left it at that. "It's best you remember that I am still in charge here. You leave when I say." Vex's voice held no seriousness, no anger...no weight at all. But he was being honest. This was all true. He had plans for her as well as Alisa when she arrived. Things were looking up and he didn't need them ruined. "Lay back down, sleep or whatever you kids do these days."

Having said that he sighed and turned away heading out of the infirmary back toward his office, which was upstairs. There were several guards standing outside the door, twiddling their ******** thumbs as usual. He shoved one out of the way, his head pounding now as he pulled the door open stepping inside. It was a nice temperature, his knife and Xavor's picture was still stuck to the ceiling and there was still blood on the filing cabinet in the corner, but at least the body had been removed. Good help was hard to find these days.

"Carmen Nilkuha. Secretary at the Police Department. I saw you the other day and started doing some research. I don't think I've ever had you looked at. I mean really examined. And I got this weird feeling deep down in my gut. And my gut is never wrong, that you are hiding something. How did you get into the law enforcement field Miss Nilkuha? What are you hiding?"

User Image

Interesting Phantom

User Image
█ ` LOCATION: Vex's Office
█ ` FEELING: Alert
█ ` WITH: Vex (and Guards)

Carmen maintained a cool expression as she saw Vex come in and address her. So this was what it was like to see Vex... it was almost impossible to tell how old he was. But at this moment his features were formed into a dark and suspicious look, his eyes boring into hers in that characteristic "you're guilty until proven innocent" look. Carmen had turned around quickly as soon as he entered. She stood up, as he was standing, to make a bit of time for her brain to process what he had just said.

He saw her the other day? Where? On cameras, or in person? Did the guards see something suspicious and report it to him? Why her? What did she do to make him do "research" on her? Carmen's mind jumped back to her activities the past few days. Apart from work, she got away from the guards... but then again, guards frequently pulled aside people to check if they were Elects. She was at the cafe a lot, with Thomas and then Eaon. Nothing strange or unusual there. She was at the hospital... but her superiors had called her there, hadn't they?

And then Vex asked Carmen what she was hiding. Carmen decided to answer Vex one part at a time.
                                        "Vex the magnificent," Carmen started off, then a tactful pause. All the police and the guards called him by that showy name.
                                        "I don't consider myself entirely part of the law enforcement field... after all, only being a secretary, I am still a civilian.
                                        "I majored in Business Administration, passed the drug and background tests, and have a certified drivers' license," Carmen found herself saying.
                                        It wasn't as if Vex cared so much about that... in fact, he probably knew all of those things she was listing--the basic requirements that were laid out to her during her job interview.
                                        "I went in for my job interview last year, got hired, and started working. That's all that is required to get hired in my position. Unless a serious problem has come up... ?" She ended her last statement in a rising question, looking at Vex in a politely confused expression.

User Image
This rp is officially closed. If you have questions Pm or meebo me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff