Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Consumer

I Remember Winter

Character: Norman Hollow
Story: The Return to Oblivion

Tick- Tick- Tick- Tick- Tick- Tick-

The incessant noise rattled through his mind. With a brief glance he eyed the contents of his watch. Each beautiful stroke of the gold tourbillion shimmered in his enthralled eyes.

”Yes, yes my faithful watch- Dance a bit longer until that fateful hour.”

He mused to himself as he returned his gaze to a more pressing matter. Before him, bound to make-shift crosses, was a mother and her two young sons. Their faces captivated Norman in an indulgent revel. Every second that chipped away was neatly stored in his mind. Moment by moment he came closer to hearing their cries. Pleasure began to well up, the roiling power of it burned through his head, chest and loins. Breaking his gaze, he slumped back upon the pew, pushing his feet against the back of another.

”It is all for not- this fleeting hunger I have- I know- I cannot keep you forever…”

Rocking forward, his face would melt into the shadows, leaving only his perfect smile visible to their horrified eyes.

”I shall forever cherish your beauty. Such perfect innocence. Perfect.”

Slowly he would rise. Brushing the dust from his knees from where he had been praying.

Praying to nothing.

He chuckled.

”My belle femme-“

With a whisk of his left hand he would produce a key. Norman had begun his feast, it started with her hope.

”Did you think I was going to kill you?”

He sharply spat out at her muffled shrieks. Yet despite the overload of fear running through the mother, the two boys watched with a paltry idea of what was going on. Norman used various mixtures of nerve agents and high end drugs to sedate any person he wishes to feast upon. Their suffering is only measured by the severity of their beauty…

Glancing down, Norman would remove the gag from the youngest of the boys.

”What is your name boy?’

”Arthur…”

”Well Arthur, do you know why you are here?”

”I’m scared.”

”Do you know why you are here Arthur?”

”I’m scared… I want to go home… Let us go! Help!”

”HELP!

Norman violently lashed out, gripping the boy by the shoulders and slamming his head back into the large wooden beam of the cross. With a loud shriek, the boy begun to sob out in pain, crying profusely. It disgusted him, the pathetic whimpering and wailing of the weak. Children… Leaning down once more Norman would produce his slender blade and slip it silently into the boy’s throat. Masking his hand over his mouth, Norman silenced the gargling screech that bleated out. Like a dying lamb the boy kicked. Struggled with each pass of that sharp blade. With surgical precision he finished his cut.

No sign of life was left, not even a twitch or kick; in one fell motion he snapped the head clean off.

It was time Sigil knew of its sin…

”You are here because you are the future.”

He closed his eyes, inhaling the fresh scent of blood.

”A future that must be stopped. It is in the reflection of your eyes… This burning desire to escape the end. The burning discord caused by the ruling elite… The power that is being abused to further malign agendas and pseudo-wars. Filth and abuse poured upon the poor, sinking them beneath a mire of shifting mirrors. No… Not anymore… The future isn’t the answer, it is merely fuel to the fires in the Hell you live.”

Gripping the severed head of Arthur, he’d tote it up into the air, catching it.

”Your children are best remembered as the beautiful things they are, much the same as you my dear.”

As he turned his attention to the second son, Norman would toss the head atop a table.

”What is your name?”

With his bloody grip he would take hold of the second boy by his cheek and yank down his gag.

”HELP!”

The boy shouted out before he was promptly met with a blade.

”The sadness that spills out with each cut; with each slice- It pains me to feel it, to see it so easily painted in mere carmine. You are all suffering. The petulant swine Thomas Bravot, the frivolous whore Lian Feaorne and the meandering narcissist Ecstuffuan- They all deserve to be here with you, to feast upon your most beautiful of moments- to suffer with you.“

The boy kicked out and begun to push, wringing the crude wire bindings into his flesh.

”While I fail to continue my saw in my proclamation, and for that I am so sorry. I shall not fail to remember your face my boy, to remember you for what you are now.”

Norman begun to saw once more. Each quick stroke proved the same as the last, flesh cutflesh separated. Blood poured down his arms as he lifted the second boys head up. Her legs buckled slowly, yet had no ground to collapse upon. The binding buried itself into her flesh as she struggled and screamed. The gag in her mouth sopped spit with each gasping cry.

User Image

Norman chuckled lightly as he set the second boys head next to his bothers. Wiping his blade over the lapel of his peacoat, Norman approached the hysterical mother. Gripping her tight by the hair he would slowly lift her gaze to his.

”You are not the future…”

He whispered as he inhaled the sweat upon her neck. Placing his blood soaked glove to her face, he’d grip it tight, pulling it to the side. Neurotic thoughts twinged in his mind briefly as he bit into her neck with a vicious kiss. She gasped, squirming away as he gripped her breast.

”You are nothing but beauty, and like a flower I shall pick you. Savoring your withering beauty as you die in my hands.”

Pushing off of her, Norman smiled softly and turned away. Returning his attention, Norman would saw from the still warm chest--- the Heart of Innocence. Much to the dismay of her, he continued to the second son and produced the Heart of the Future. Their small hearts fit neatly within one hand. Placing them next to the heads he would stride over to their mother.

”You will serve as a reminder to this world what is at stake- The innocence long forgotten and the future that will never be. And now you will serve as my ink-“

With a flick of his wrist he would slice her bound wrist open. The blood trickled down her arm- Collecting her blood within an empty well, he’d sit at the table across from the children.

Lian Feaorne
Tresondros Ecstuffuan
Thomas Bravot

, and all affiliated.

You have committed atrocities against us, the people. You who dare say you speak for us, represent us and help us- Say no more- You have lead the future into nothingness, and it was with our despair that fueled the feasting fires of your vanity. Well it is time that you see the hearts of those who have doomed. If the future is nothing, we shall take you there first.

~and I present to you,

The heart of the innocent,
The heart of the future.

I shall give you a thousand murdered futures and steal a thousand innocent souls.

I am coming for you,

Sincerely,

N.H.

Norman wrote with grace, each letter crafted to be a piece of art itself. The stunning calligraphy brought to life by the blood of a dying mother. A grim process he seldom used. Blood itself wasn’t much of an ink, but in this instance it would serve just fine. He knew that the ruling elites had no idea who he was, save Bravot of course. It didn’t matter much to Norman, after all he had all that he wanted.

”I know it must pain you dearly to see the headless corpses of your children. But I assure you that you will join them soon enough. First we must give you… some… depth.”

Norman would begin to seal them. Drop by drop the crimson wax splashed across the parchment, pooling up for a moment, only to be pressed into signet.

N.H.

It was a simple but eloquent seal belonging to his great grandfather.

Standing once again Norman started to package the heads in separate boxes. Each one neatly wrapped in fine clergy silks. The blood vanished beneath its crimson color, only leaving the sopping liquid beneath---trapped in the wooden effigy. He could only smile at the peace on their faces. Savoring the moment before returning his gaze to the letters. Attaching one for Bravot and Ecstuffuan.

”A marvelous proclamation of war, befitting for our tyrannical enemies.”

”Now for you my love, you are only befitting as a gift to Madame Lian- She will see you as I do. The beating hearts of your children still beat in your eyes, I can see them.”

Norman pulled her hair up, forcing her face to his. With a deep inhale, he buried his nose into her head. The sickly sweet smell of her sweat smoldered in his senses.

Fear---He could taste it.

”I know what I must do now…”

She could only struggle so much, he body was draining quickly from the blood loss. It was with her final kick that he began his painting. A single blink is all it took to miss it. The slender blade of his slipping into her left socket and in one twist sever her eye.

It was passion for him, burning inside… He violently tore away her gag and pressed his mouth to her gargling scream.

”Yes… yes…”

He would move in for a the right eye as he tightened his grip upon her hair. In the same motion her left eye would fling out of her socket and with that she’d screech.

”MERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCYYYYYYYYYYYYY”

Norman froze. His passion died instantly as she sobbed wildly. The pain caused her to weep. It was the death of her children that prompted what happened next. She begun to slam her head into the post. Violent twack after violent twack. He found it quite amusing to the point of loosening his grip on her hair. The guttural cry with each hit she took disgusted Norman.

”Are you done? You should see yourself now, you look like a fool.”

Taking possession of her head once more. Norman would reach over to the table and take the hearts.

”You will be with them once again.”

As Norman placed the hearts to her face, she froze. Her body could do nothing more than shiver.

”Can you still feel them beating?”

He whispered as he sat them back down.

She could hardly move, the withering effects of blood loss started to take control. Lifting her head back up he would slice from the inside of her mouth---ear to ear. Taking hold of the hearts once more he would violently shove them into her elongated mouth. The brutal cascade of blood caused her to gag as she silently died.

”Lian, you will love this…”

He whispered as he returned to his table once again. He would reach over and drop the needle on his record player. It had been abandoned in the church sometime ago. It was a relic of a bygone era from a world far away but not forgotten.

”I remember it well… The cool and biting winds that brushed across my young face. Vivid white caps on the pines. A familiar sound as you walked…”

Returning to the dead woman he would saw her head away much the same as her children before. Slice after slice, he continued his ramblings.

”Laughter was always there. Perhaps from my fellow schoolmates throwing snow balls or the sound of my sisters listening to my father tell one of his stories. It was always there… I miss it sometimes--- well- at least before I fell in love with beauty…”

With a larger box, he packaged the mothers head. Folding over the regal silks in such a manner as to add anticipation.

”Wonderful smells of cinnamon and fresh pine. The red, blue, yellow and green lights that marked a time to be happy. To revel in the solace of winter, to pray to our savior.”

Returning to her corpse, Norman cut from her chest---the heart. Placing it within a separate box, Norman would pop a disk from the laptop at his table.

The final two letters were placed upon their proper boxes.

The mothers head was for Lian.
The mothers heart was for the Media, and with that tape shows the entire execution from his computer camera.

”I remember winter…”

He said as he carried the boxes out the back door just as a delivery truck pulled up. Pausing for a moment, the driver hopped out, and Norman placed his gifts inside the truck and vanished into the crowd once again…

Omnipresent Consumer

count_zantara

Lian Feaorne

Akako Akari

Slash Zinrai

Red the Ambivalent

Deus Ex Aizen

Tres Ecstuffuan

Benevolent Conversationalist

10,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
•°o.O Akako Akari O.o°•

"I've been up in the air, lost in the night.
I wouldn't trade an eye for your lies.
Your lust for my life.
Is this the end?
A thousand times I tempted fate.
A thousand times I played this game..."

====================== ☠ ======================

:: The Empyrae - Golden Castle - TIME PARADOX ::

Water slid down the vixen's pale skin as she stood from her bath. An assortment of flower petals floated atop the rippling water and there was an almost sweet perfume to the room. Somehow she could still smell the antiseptics from the hospital and she was less that pleased about it. Her dip in bath oils, water, and flower petals was an attempt to rid the horrid stench from her already keen sense of smell. She had spent one night in the hospital and that was enough to burn her nostrils. Her nose wrinkled in distaste as she lifted her arm to her nose and sniffed. It was hardly noticeable, but she could certainly still smell the stink on her. At that precise moment, Beatrice, her undead attendant entered the bathroom with a plush white towel.

Akako lowered her arm and gazed over to the woman before quickly exhaling a sigh. The undead woman hurried to the bathtub as Akako lifted a foot out of the water. Water rolled off her with ease and onto the tile floor creating a miniscule puddle that Beatrice was sure to correct later. She hovered that foot over the edge of the tub and allowed the attendant to blot her skin dry up to her knee. The process was repeated with the other foot before Beatrice stepped behind the kitsune and held the towel out for Akako to grab and wrap around her lithe figure. The vixen didn't stay put long and was quick to head back into her main chambers to find herself a seat at her vanity. Beatrice was quick to follow with an additional towel. As Akako sat, Beatrice began patting Akako's hair to remove excess water.

”I have prepared suitable attire for your evening arrangements, mi'lady.” The kitsune's lips curled into a slight smile as she looked upon the undead through the mirror. ”I certainly hope so. First impressions are important after all... am I right?” The undead lifted her gaze from her current task and made eye contact with the crimson eyed fox through the glass. She swallowed nervously before forcing her gaze down once again. ”Of course, mi'lady.”

"Lady Akako, I would like to have a moment with you. Please allow me a small portion of your time at you earliest convenience."

Crimson eyes glinted dangerously as her shoulders grew taught. It hadn't gone unnoticed either. Beatrice paused her actions and nearly tugged her hands away, but knew better than to run from a creature such as Akako. She couldn't help but to wonder if the Cambion had a death wish. Certainly he wasn't that stupid. It was a curious thing... Hartia calling her after the trial. He didn't sound hostile by any means. Rather he sounded cordial, but Akako knew better to trust a mere voice. She would have to pay him a visit to satisfy her curiosity.

”Mi'lady?” Glazed crimson eyes lifted to meet the brown orbs in the mirror and Akako gnashed her teeth a moment longer before parting her lips to speak. ”I am being summoned... by vermin.” The bitterness in her voice was evident and so the attendant dropped the topic all together. Instead she focused on her task at hand and worked Akako's hair up into a slick pony tail that was placed high on her head, yet still reached the small of her back. While Beatrice was at work with her hair, Akako went to work on her makeup. Her lips were painted in a deep violet color, eyes were shaped with black eye liner that was simple enough to draw attention to her lips. A couple swipes of mascara and she was done. Beatrice ran the brush through Akako's long mane once more before allowing the vixen room to stand back up.

Upon her bed was a long sleeveless evening gown. Gold lash and black chiffon made the piece look extraordinary. Pleased with Beatrice's selection, she allowed the woman to assist her in getting dressed before she left her room all together to find the Cambion within the Golden Necropolis.

He wasn't hard to find. Akako slipped into his room silent as a shadow creeping across the floor. Even her heels were silent even though they should have clicked against the stone floors in the halls. As her gaze found the Cambion, her gaze remained impassive. Her crimson eyes seemed devoid of any sort of emotion. To a human, it would be unsettling, to Hartia... who knew. She was silent for a drawn out moment as she simply watched him with little interest. He had a handsome face, however he was smaller than most men she associated with. How had she not noticed such a thing before. Her brows drew together as she pondered it for a moment before speaking, her tone clipped.

”Don't summon me again after this. What is it that you needed, Hartia?” Poison laced his name as she spoke.

Peccaminous Peregrine

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

Standing in the midst of his quarters, he felt something enter the area. Initially he assumed it was something sent from Lord Ursan to retrieve him. Though when he heard a voice after the moment of awkward silence, his eyes opened wide as his heart skipped a beat. She had surprised him alright, be he wasn't sure which was creepier to consider, the relatively fast response time to his request, or the manner in which she literally sneaked up on him. His eyes would return to normal if they were ever such a thing, and his lips curled into a genuine and soft smirk. He turned to face her fully as he looked her over thoroughly.

"As always your appearance is breathtaking, Lady Akako."

H
e mused, though he refused to giggle afterwards considering he could only guess how she felt about him. This would be his one and only chance, at a second chance. And though he had big doubts that it would even pass her consideration, he felt obligated to at least try and make up for the crude act he exacted upon her, over such a petty disagreement at that. In all his years, Hartia still hadn't seemed to learn how to tread softer than he did, and how to better react when one didn't get their way. He was still use to being King, though he was nothing more than a broken crown. A widowed King whose brother know rightfully sat upon the throne.

"After the trial took place, we both managed to step away from here for a short while. And while I did not go looking for Rune, I managed to run into her anyone. I'll spare you every last detail of the words we had, save for that fact that I know now your secret. I know why Rune is so important to you. And I understand that by placing her life on the chopping block is to place your's right there along side it. Effectively, I threatened your very existence, simply because you did the complete opposite of what would have pleased me."

H
is eyes never left hers. He tried his best to keep his usual mannerisms aside simply to help concrete the sincerity of his words. A pause came as the Cambion would find himself declining to to his right knee. Begrudgingly he would force his smile stay upon his face, even as his hubris screamed in defiance to this act. He bowed to the Ruined Kitsune, and he swallowed hard before he continued speaking to her, chin up so that he might see her. His left hand out, hoping for her right.

"A gift of my apologies and of my appreciation to your company at this very moment. This is no mere mundane gift either. I have place valuable time into it, specifically for myself, though considering my intolerable behavior, I find it fitting to give to you m'lady."

H
e'd of course pause as there was no need to show or even explain the gift to her if she wasn't simply going to accept it. Irony would see fit that in this short instance she would have to donate a sliver of trust and faith upon the Cambion, assuming his words to be as they were delivered, and not with some hidden meaning as he usually liked to speak. Would her false understandings of him outweigh the potential of illuminating said understandings? Sure he was still 'young' and being powerful didn't help, but he was learning, growing into the sort of man that was more becoming of his clan. Had she have met him while he was possessed, then she might perhaps understand him being underdeveloped over several years as a half human creature kept in a metaphorical box. Not only was he still growing, he was, making up for lost time.

Akako Akari

Desirable Genius

The Great Absolute

count_zantara

Tres Ecstuffuan

arrow Fal'lain Corp--Top Floor

With Lian missing and out of action, Yai was keeping the rest of the company as sane as he could. He wasn't the best business man in the area of medical technology...considering his primary work was modern day rock bard. He and his band mates occupied the top floor of his mother's office, bored and trying to stay out of trouble. Yai's job was merely to make sure that the right paper work got signed and to take messages. So far, an easy job.

There was a buzz on the desk, Yai leaning over and pressing the glowing, flat piece of plastic. "Yes?"He answered.

"Delivery for the Madame. Shall I bring it up?"The secretary spoke, putting on a sultry act. It wasn't often a rock idol from the Fal'lain home country came to Sigil. Yai was flattered by the act but indifferent.

"Bring it up. I'll receive it for her."Yai said, hearing the huff and undignified click of the woman at the reception desk on the bottom floor. His bandmates came out of the small apartment, disheveled and bored.

"What's coming up? Sounds like a present! You think it's from your new old man?"Colvin, a beaky-nosed, raven-haired man who played the band's bass.

"He's not my 'old man'. He's my step-father...albeit an absent one just as much as my biological one. It's a gift for mother...probably from one of the other contracting companies she's done work for."Yai waved, the three musicians stumbling out of the side room as they waited for the delivery to arrive. A company gopher arrived with a disgruntled look on his face as he came in, dropped it off on the desk.

"Ugh, that whole package stinks...Someone must hate the Madame."The gopher said, excusing himself and waving his hand over his nose. Yai sniffed, cringing and raising an eyebrow. The other band members surrounded the desk, poking at the wrapping.

"Smells like...s**t. Someone's sent Lian a steamer!"Corvis laughed, slapping his leather-clad knee. Colvin raised an eyebrow with the others and Yai reached his hands over to calmly pick at the wrapping and pull it apart. The others waited, anxious to know what had been sent. Yai slid the package closer to him, the smell getting stronger and his nose cringing. When he opened the lid of the box, his arms flew up and he gagged.

"UGH! UGH OH MY GODS! Oh s**t..."He said, looking back in the box and putting the back of his hand to his mouth but it only smelled as bad as the box itself. The others leaned to look, all of them howling in horror.

"WHAT! WHAT! What kind of medieval s**t is this? Who sends the president of a company a head! ********, there's hearts in the box too!"Bartholomew squealed, doing a dance around the desk that made the chains on his jacket jingle like small, hollow bells. Yai leaned over, grimicing with just the horror of it. He slowly reached his hands into the box, his hands checking to see if it was all real. With a gag, he jerked his hands up sending the contents flying out of the box and toward the bandmates who instinctually reached out to catch it but only in sheer horror.

"Oh s**t! No take it back!"One screamed, throwing it to Yai who juggled the poor woman's head and then hurled it away from himself to the others. They screamed, throwing hearts and heads across the office with the pitches of tight-panted hair bands as the head made it around and around, eventually getting thrown into a corner and the hearts flopped on the floor somewhere. They flicked their hands, cringing and gagging as they rushed to the only bathroom to turn on the sink and the shower, scrubbing their hands and removing their shirts to get the scent of rotting flesh and blood off of them.

"Ugh! Ugh! Oh my gods I don't know who's kind of sick joke this is...ah ******** it's probably not even a goddamn joke!"Yai said, throwing his shirt and coat into the shower, heading back out into the office. He knocked the gift box off of the desk, a letter falling out of it. He gingerly picked it up, peeling off the signet wax and opening it, his eyes scanning it over. This wasn't good. Someone was going after some of the largest names in Sigil...Whoever this 'N.H.' was...He folded the letter, sticking it in his pants pockets before hearing the sound of the door and Lian's heads of departments coming in to see him and his bandmates shirtless, a head on the floor and two hearts sitting cold under the desk. They looked at them flabbergasted...

One pulled out their cellphone to take a picture of an all top-less band photo of 'The Black Crows' in the Madame's office, soaking wet and glistening. There were some confused giggling and Yai cleared his throat. "Get the mortician on staff to come up and perform an exam on this head and the two hearts...Find out who they belong to...and someone send a search team to find the rest of them. The Madame may not be here...but we won't stand for an act of grotesque violence in Sigil and have it happen to another person..."He said, getting serious nods in response and the department heads left with a series of murmurs.

"I know Sigil is messed up...but whoever sent this is just downright insane..."Yai said, crossing his arms and shivering in the cold office.

High-functioning Lunatic

User Image
It's all about the radio, that really funky radio ⏪⏪
Lux Electro 🌀
Rudie Psycher du Marais

"Help? Oh, for the love of ********] Things just kept getting complicated, it seemed. First the transport, then the dragons, now all this mess with the girl and this weird guy and the disappearing pimp-priest or whatever the other guy earlier was. Lux was already having a difficult time of it as is. The male stood atop whatever building his wall-ride had vaulted them onto and sighed. "...what next?"

The rainbow-haired male glanced off into the distance and spotted what seemed to be electric lighting. Nightclubs? He grinned. Finally, a vague semblance of civilization and something he could be comfortable. Given the nature of their situation it wasn't likely he needed to be very subtle about his powers for the moment, either. No sense using only covert techniques when you were on the run in a foreign world or something, he guessed. Still, the guy seemed like he did need a hand with the girl and whatever weird situation he was in. Maybe Lux would even figure something about his own situation out in the meantime. Hell, anything was better than haunting a rooftop all night...day? Did this weird place even have either? Lux shook his head, guessing that hardly mattered either.

"If you need to get somewhere, I can get us there quickly enough. But, you mind telling me where the bloody hell I am, mate? This isn't Paris, I've gathered that much." Lux turned to Leon with a curious expression and reached up to flick a few strands of his dyed bangs from his face, the war-paint like designs on his face visible under the light. "What I don't get is how the hell I got here or what I'm gunna do to get back...And how you or the girl figure in any of it, or how the hell I figure in on your plans...or whatever it is you need me for."

Lux groaned and moved his hand up higher to hold against his temple. "This whole mess is givin' me a head-ache, honestly."

Currently: Rooftops
Condition: 100% | Telekinesis Use: 12%
Blastin' Out: Skankfunk- Love Sensation
Mood: Annoyed

⏩⏩ Hey, it's time to get on down to the funky funky rhythm and the sound

Trexasle

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
Deus Ex Aizen

Across the Bastion Gate

Raven wrestled her boots on and tucked her hair into the collar of her uniform to make it appear short. It was a trainee uniform, and not the signature General's uniform that distinguished her from other recruits. When she felt sufficiently disguised, she peeked from the corner of the alley way and strode across the streets.

There was a grandiose gate, where two guards stood posted. Approaching them confidently, despite her restless gaze roaming around, she stopped short five feet from them and nodded curtly, "Excuse me," She politely issued, as if she interrupted them from their duties of standing guard, "What is this building for?"
fierach

The guard Raven was addressing stood a little straighter, adjusting his hold on his halberd. "That building is the headquarters of the Order of Force Majuere, ma'am", he replied, and nothing more.

He was fooled by Raven's outfit, his partner not so much so. A woman's eye was always more critical when evaluating other women. His partner walked over, flipping the visor of her helmet up for a clearer look, confirming her suspicions.

"Ah, you are ma'am Kanaki! We've been told to expect you." she interrupted her fellow guardsman, who looked between them nervously. This woman was the General Kanzaki, highly regarded member of the Enforcers? It did not seem possible. Why would she be here, and for what reason would she not be in her more recognizable outfits?

"Master Eredas told us you would be coming, just not when" she went on pleasantly. "He is not here at the moment, but if you would like to look around, or talk to another Knight, there are at least two on the premises whom have the authority to entreat with you"

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
count_zantara

Lian Fearone

Name: The Courier

The boy waited in silence inside of the black swan, he was pacing the floor almost as if he was impatient with what was going on, he cocked his hips as he stared at his watch. He still had plenty of time, but it wasn’t bad to be a bit cautious. Maybe he was truly worried for nothing, the boy then ruffled, his head and groaned. The wait was becoming nerve wracking. However, it seemed he didn’t have to wait that long at all, a suited man would wave his finger toward the stairs signifying that they were now ready to go. The boy nodded gleefully and proceeded to follow. The boy seemed very jumpy and energetic even though the place smelled nothing like the outdoors he still felt relieved at the sight of the finally being let out of the cage he was forced in every day, his minded melded to it for a brief moment. His eyes dialated at the thought of the prison, the lack of food, the harash treatment, the complete lack of freedom, It was all he knew other than his travels as a courier…a freedom he would not like to lose anytime soon.

He was brought out of his reverie by the guard himself, he quickly greeted him to the door of Bravot’s room. He a cautious stare, The boy locked eyes at the door before staring at the guard and giving him a smile, as a form of thanks. It would seem that whoever this boy was, he was for few words and didn’t seem to care to speak them. The guard just groaned and walked off, as The boy entered the room. “Excuse me, Mr. Bravot, I have some information pertaining to you?” The voice was fairly high pitched even for a boy his age. He moved some of his carrot orange hair from his face, blue eyes staring forward for any indication that he was heard

± : . : ± : Widow : ± : . : ±

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Having stepped out of a gate she was sure she went through the right one, following the instructions given to her and the attunement on her person. Widow blinked and glanced around noting the amber glow for a light source. It was much different than a sun and moon that rose and set which she didn't see so the place more than likely didn't have one. That would take some getting used to, how did people tell how much time has gone past if there was no sun and moon to calculate from. She gave a small shake of her head and moved in a slow circle to get a feel of what Sigil was.

Hopefully she didn't stand out too much in her red skin tight outfit that contrasted well with her pale white skin. She didn't know why her skin had always been so white, she tried to lay out in the sun and tan it but it just never changed. Of course she wasn't going to try that fake tan stuff, why go for fake when you could try going for natural. It just wasn't logical how some women chose to change their appearance by what... spraying their skin a golden color. She chuckled inwardly at her joke. She had painted her skin once but that was to make it more white than it already was but that was besides the point.

The next thing that crossed her mind was why they would send her on a mission here. What was she exactly supposed to be doing... or was it that they were trying to get rid of her to plot something behind her back, but she was part of their group... they wouldn't do that to her. Then again she couldn't trust them either, she may be a part of their group but they would stab her in the back the moment they could if it benefited themselves, she would do the same thing to keep herself alive and out of danger or threat. It seemed only fair to conclude that.

She let out a soft sigh glad that her faceless mask hid the expressions that probably crossed her face with each thought. Ok, now to find someone who knows the place. The person who sent her had said something about hiring a what was it... tour guide. They had told her not to wander on her own because she could and would get lost. The place didn't look too big to her and then at the same time it looked extremely vast. How was one even supposed to find their way around the first time arriving, they need to put up some kind of signs or perhaps hand out maps but that is too much to ask for she supposed. She must look as lost as the other sad suckers that arrived before her which she hated. It probably made her look weak and vulnerable which made her scowl.

Perhaps she should just take it upon herself and wander... now should she go right, or left...

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

╰☆╮"This situation is best described through interpretive dance."╰☆╮

Rune Slessiane's Husband

Fashionable Lunatic

8,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Headquarters of the Order of Force Majuere - The Next Step

"Oh my..." Raven raised a trembling hand to shield her tired eyes against glare of amber glow, marveling at the bastion's grandeur. If this was what came from winning the tournament, she would have to make a note to win the next one. The Grand Tournament had been her home turf, founded by the very people she technically worked for. It had been a promising time to see who would win out--Heaven's forces, or Hell's? She had gone through significant Hell to get to where she ended, only to be eliminated, and was then requested to attend the semi-finals. She had officially met James at the finals, choosing to lose so she would not draw attention from the new Council that funded and ran the Grand Tournament. The same that wanted her dead.

'I offer you a worthy cause, a home, and the freedom from ties that may bind.'

"...yes," Raven snapped out of her reverie when the second guard recognized her. Two more present was a good note, "Yes, that would be nice, thank you very much. Everything's a mess, even me." Raven laughed nervously. The pleasantry surprised her--so far James had done a very good job of surprising a woman who spent most of her time being unsurprised.

fierach

Blessed Elocutionist

Roan DeSeer
Venom Genryusai
count_zantara

outside the clothier

A startled look would cross Thalia's face for just a moment as Zant kissed her cheek, before he disappeared further down the street. Walking with Venom, she would suppress a small giggle as they came across him skipping rope and trying to double dutch with some young girls.

As he rolled and tumbled over to the clothier, Thalia would look up at the windows. It was defiantly a place she would not normally shop in on her own. "I don't know about a milkshake, but a hot cocoa sounds nice right about now"

Chatty Fatcat

9,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Name: Leontias Métaliene

"If you need to get somewhere, I can get us there quickly enough. But, you mind telling me where the bloody hell I am, mate? This isn't Paris, I've gathered that much."

“This is the Sigil, City of Doors, a place with many entrances and exits, you probably got here from a flubbed portal or something, They’ve been out of whack for quite a while, the current climate doesn’t really help much either…” He spoke quickly, checking on Crystal’s pulse, she was fine mostly still breathing, so he was possibly unconscious from the entire travel in general. He turned his head toward the rainbow haired man, He wasn’t surprised that the man didn’t know where he was or how he got here. Portal jumping was not something that was completely stable, and you could end up in any random place because of it. He sighed when he saw the male stare at the lighting He lifted Crystal up, one arm under her legs while the other cradled her back and walked toward him. “We need to get her to a Safe Place, I can’t lug her around and have her come to harm.” A Shade of white appeared on his face.

That thought sent a wave of others into his brain, and with it…something else to remember.

“Leon?”

“I lost something I can never lose…”

"You're an idiot, Leon. Why did you... forget it."

"Do not talk like that. I am sure your commander would be furious to hear you wallowing in self pity. He saved you. Leon, make the best of it. Enjoy everyday like it will be your last. You've been blessed with a second chance. Just like I was."

“Blessed with a second chance?” He chuckled at the thought remembering the incident on the Island with the harpy. His eyes went blank for that moment, he was blessed with the second chance at life, even after all he went through…was he sure that it was truly worth it going to waste? He was not sure, he never had been since he crash landed on this earth. Nothing was quite sensible to him anymore. He shrugged it off and moved away from the thought, Her words ingrained in his mind, but ignored for most. “You’re not the only one with a headache right now, I have a lot I need to do right now, Sadly I don’t think I can get you back home easily, I certainly don’t know where you need to go, nor do I necessarily know how to get there…I think I know others that do however, but first I need your help.”

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

Him of Crows
One knew when a portal ripped open especially in the middle of the Marketplace Ward where tons of shops lied about. What got people was the way it opened, literally, like a door when entered, the magic of arriving in Sigil was convient.

After his fight with Hartia in the wastelands, the Cambion made it clear to come to the City of Empyrae. The darkness that was his embodiment pulled from the portal, constructing the 6'0 185lb Leinhart, flawlessly from the mold of shadow. The Undead necromancer stood out in the street like a sore thumb from the looks of him, he didn't come to the district to search and buy some items. The air, its people, all far different than what he was used too back at his tavern in Choisel. He came for business matters, looking about, this didn't appear to be the exact place Hartia had mentioned him.

Familiar Lunatic

Arretsu
Lady Thalia Ravens
Roan DeSeer
Venom Genryusai
Suzumi Skye
Fierach
Deus Ex Aizen

--The Mean Streets near Bastion--

The Cleric Zantara

Sigil was a city without a Sun, Moon or Stars. Just the Spire above through the ring of the torus. No Natural Light source, no reflective light, no natural shadows. No way to ,measure time or have a proper humanoid circadian rhythm. Which might be one of the major indicators why this whole entire bloody city seemed three steps away from a civil war and six steps away from a planetary Orgy.

If the name wasn't already taken they'd call this place Neon Town, but Kanto Region already had that locked down.

But beyond all that, Shadows did exist and here in this strange sunless world, they had a purpose. They seemed to denote positive or negative emotional energy, however strange that may be. A Nursery wing may be bright and cheerful while the morgue attendants always seeming to yell at some poor Egyptian child 'Aziz More Light!!'

Lucky enough Sigil didn't have the space for a proper cemetery or else they'd have Negative Energy Plane portals popping up every week. But certain locations still drew darkness. Some dark alley where a young boy was turned into a orphan because his rich parents were morons for going into the alley in the first place only got darker and darker, more misery drawn to misery until, finally a beacon of hope entered the picture and reset the balance.

From the Sun Project high above circling the Spire, a man supposedly could watch the interior of the Torus if he could see in just the right way and predict the future of this tiny speck of a planetoid. Or so it was said. And supposedly over in the Hive there was a madman taking bets on the next Grand Tournament.

The Cleric tried not to listen to rumors.

But all of this was important because the very idea of HIM having a shadow in this world was almost preposterous. He'd actively keep his Karma in this town to be perfectly balanced to leave no light nor no shadow. He was the Mercenary Cleric and it paid very very well to be utterly and completely neutral in all things.

He even went out of his way to do that little number just to tweak it a bit....didn't he?

But there it was...a Shadow for Roan to slide out of like a velvet glove and scare the ever loving bejesus out of him causing him to turn towards her just as Venom came out of the store he'd just sent HER into while being distracted by Thalia asking about a milkshake and Raven Kazanki her bloody Royal Highness going into the exact place he'd been trying to round these cats into going to for what seemed like hours but what only minutes at best.

And with all of these various distractions and a bag of money to the face, the Cleric Zantara held his nose gingerly being sure not to cut his own face to ribbons on his fingerblades while he took two steps backwards too many and felt the back of his knees hit the small brick lip of the coffee shops window....which he promptly fell through, glass shattering all over the few customers inside.

"Yes Roan....I think they have socks...".

He replied through muffled hands, his knees and feet twitching still hooked onto the small lip as he stared up at the ceiling of the coffee shop through watery eyes.

His nose felt broken, his left knee felt twisted, the back of his skull was pounding up a storm....and this bloody song playing in the shop over the stereo was catchy as ********.

"Cause you’re too sexy, beautiful,
And everybody wants a taste.
That’s why
I still get jealous."

He whispered quietly just staring at the ceiling, the song demanding to be sung. Lavender eyes widening slightly, before he bit his inner lip, tasting the acidic blood which caused the compulsion to fade briefly.

Bloody musical Compulsion.

[********]

He muttered, slowly working to brush some of the glass off his armored chest, still staring at the ceiling, ever so often hissing at the other customers as the store cleared out.

"If the barista leaves before I get something to drink, stab her in the foot."

He called out to Thalia, not really wanting to get up off the floor at the moment. It was comfortable in his agony....even if that electric sword hilt was digging into his hip something fierce.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff